Official-New Traits

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Together with the current Piercing Arrows it seems to be reasonable in IRL logic.
Goes faster, so it have more FPS, which includes force in physics, so it penetrates.
I would LOVE this change… if it has any chance to happen… I can’t do other than Believe…

@ speaking of the Builds… No class should require to max out any line to get things stable working. For example, I’m 20/25/10/15/0 and works out well for me.
This is a Balanced build with my gear (ascendeds…), and this is how most of ranger’s trait lines should look like, not to go 30/30/10/0/0 for make one-two weapon work at all.
When someone decides to go for a GM trait, let that be the jewell of the crown…
I mean, the GM traits should make the final adjustment, like Moment of Clarity or Rending Attack (+others), which isn’t a GM trait right now. – but you get my point.

I don’t really want to speak about thieves here but their basilysc venom is the most OP thing ever made. You can’t do anyhting except watch yourself taking 17k in the face, then rapid 2-4ks if you have health left at all…

Please discuss about the possibilities how this LB buff would not be a grandmaster trait.
Be happy, here is my PET!

Attachments:

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

This feels like I’m getting hustled.

At least make the thing a major trait. It would only make sense if they really buffed longbow’s damage because as it is, my autoattack pales in comparison to other classes’ autoattacks.

The most frustrating thing is that they could have discussed this in the CDI and received feedback or something (because I really wonder if any of the balance team seriously plays ranger enough to have an idea of what the player who mains ranger experiences.)

Okay so I’ve done some critical thinking and looked at the other profession forums and this is what I’ve found:

It must be awful to be a dev reading reactions after a release like this. Nearly every forum feels that their new GM trait is lackluster, that it’s in the wrong trait line, and that no one at anet must play their class.

The notable exceptions are thieves and mesmers who are more satisfied than the others with their new GM trait. Also found that 4 of the classes had jokes about the ranger on the first page.

How I feel now : Shooting projectiles from long range gives you some defense against harsh melee attacks, but that should come with a cost. Correct me if I’m wrong, but similar projectile attacks on other classes are also vulnerable to strafing. I still feel that it is too little for a GM trait (combine it with Eagle eye please) but here’s the thing: like Allie said, our thing should be masters of sustained damage (burst is dodgeable, but persistent attacks can wreak havoc).

So one scenario I think this would be useful is when you have an opponent that you’ve almost downed when they start to run away. Normally they’d be able to dodge through your rapid fire for example, but this way the foe will be increasing damage to themselves by adding range to our autoattack and he’ll more likely take that damage too.

I am being a positive optimist. Besides, you wouldn’t show your best hand first and then reveal the lesser ones so maybe it’s worth waiting to see.

P. S. Go watch the anet zerg in EOTM from two ready ups ago. There’s only one ranger amongst them and he’s running hyena.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Warkupo.1025

Warkupo.1025

(I’m not that satisfied as a thief). Not to derail your forum, but to get the new GM trait it requires that we don’t take one of our best damage dealing traits in favor of a pretty sub-par heal.

So yeah, don’t feel too bad, most of the other traits aren’t that great either. Except for mesmers, of course.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I think I’ve got an explanation on this. They looked at the power of the other marksmanship grandmasters and made something similarly powerful. Unfortunately, our grandmasters in marksmanship are either weak and overspecialized (remorseless), or something we should have by default (signet of the beastmaster). Therefore, they made something else that we should already have by default.

I especially liked the first sentence. “Your arrows are swift and deadly, but in some scenarios they are not as fast as they need to be and your enemies can dodge them easily.” Since when is something swift and deadly easily dodged? Also, as unparalleled archers, shouldn’t we already have supreme accuracy at long range?

Face it.

We got the ugly stick.

We’re so tired of being laughed at not only by our peers in the game but also, seemingly, by devs who don’t play Ranger much and don’t know the issues – and if they do play why are they accepting OP players who can down and kill them in two hits or less?

This isn’t forwarding Rangers, this is putting another nail in our collective coffins.

We needed a bit of what the Mesmer and Necromancer just got but NO, we got the arrows that we should have by default, as many have already noted.

These are sad days for Rangers in any game, not just this one.

Rangers, if they were as good in WvW as they are in PvE, would be a viable force.

As they are and will be, they get walked on, laughed at and spit upon.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Ranger: Read the Wind
Ranger: Your arrows are swift and deadly …

When I first read this, I immediately lol’ed and stopped reading because I knew Anet was trolling us again …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

All casts on bows twice as fast? That would make our passive “power” even greater. Simply autoattack…over…and over..

Ranger needs an overhaul and something extra to poor mechanic.

double speed of arrows, same cast time but your arrow SHOULD travel faster.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

OMG this trait will make ours fantastic bow camping ranger think they are usefull nooooooooooo

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

This sounds like an excellent trait. There, I said it.

But I bet they will screw it up by putting it in the Marksmanship line, so you can’t have it together with Piercing Arrows and Eagle Eye.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

But I bet they will screw it up by putting it in the Marksmanship line, so you can’t have it together with Piercing Arrows and Eagle Eye.

It is in the marksmanship line…

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

At least make the thing a major trait. It would only make sense if they really buffed longbow’s damage because as it is, my autoattack pales in comparison to other classes’ autoattacks.

The most frustrating thing is that they could have discussed this in the CDI and received feedback or something (because I really wonder if any of the balance team seriously plays ranger enough to have an idea of what the player who mains ranger experiences.)

Okay so I’ve done some critical thinking and looked at the other profession forums and this is what I’ve found:

It must be awful to be a dev reading reactions after a release like this. Nearly every forum feels that their new GM trait is lackluster, that it’s in the wrong trait line, and that no one at anet must play their class.

The notable exceptions are thieves and mesmers who are more satisfied than the others with their new GM trait. Also found that 4 of the classes had jokes about the ranger on the first page.

How I feel now : Shooting projectiles from long range gives you some defense against harsh melee attacks, but that should come with a cost. Correct me if I’m wrong, but similar projectile attacks on other classes are also vulnerable to strafing. I still feel that it is too little for a GM trait (combine it with Eagle eye please) but here’s the thing: like Allie said, our thing should be masters of sustained damage (burst is dodgeable, but persistent attacks can wreak havoc).

So one scenario I think this would be useful is when you have an opponent that you’ve almost downed when they start to run away. Normally they’d be able to dodge through your rapid fire for example, but this way the foe will be increasing damage to themselves by adding range to our autoattack and he’ll more likely take that damage too.

I am being a positive optimist. Besides, you wouldn’t show your best hand first and then reveal the lesser ones so maybe it’s worth waiting to see.

P. S. Go watch the anet zerg in EOTM from two ready ups ago. There’s only one ranger amongst them and he’s running hyena.

Good post. anet is far from perfect, but people wonder why they don’t make more appearances in the cesspool that are the forums?

Also agree that plunking from 1800 units shouldn’t do as much consistent damage as compared to being in melee range…especially an auto attack

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Oh Crap! I didn’t know that! Now my build is all screwed up! Why is anet forcing me to intelligently decide which Longbow traits I must take?!?

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

I feel that this shouldn’t even be a trait, considering how they were quite keen on horizontal character development, if that was the case then it would make more sense to automatically increase the speed of your longbow arrows as you put more points into marksmanship. With 1x the speed between nothing and adept, 1x~1.75x the speed between adept and grand master, with finally 2x the speed when you reach grand master level. That’s an addition that wouldn’t break game play and would make sense for marksmanship overall. It’s almost like saying… well we know we screwed up initially by making longbow highly dodge able at range, so we will patch things up like that.

Is that unfair to other professions? That’s worth considering, but I don’t see it happening so I’m not going to get into that.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

Oh Crap! I didn’t know that! Now my build is all screwed up! Why is anet forcing me to intelligently decide which Longbow traits I must take?!?

This would imply you’re giving serious consideration to ever using this trait.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Overall the description is crap. Later on I heard that there will be a ready up, maybe ANet can turn this trait into gold by elaborating into it more than just increase arrow speed. If not, then there is no future for this class since its been more than a year and no improvements have been made, just bandages over broken mechanics and weapon sets and now traits like these.

So what can we Rangers look forward to? if Devs can’t even figure out how to fix this class.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Looks like a decent trait to me, though I have to say the fact they are trying to fix LB rangers by adding yet another crucial trait to the MS line is laughable.

Also GL to anyone fighting a lockdown mesmer who cant cover their heal with stealth / stability. Its over before it starts.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Looks like a decent trait to me, though I have to say the fact they are trying to fix LB rangers by adding yet another crucial trait to the MS line is laughable.

Also GL to anyone fighting a lockdown mesmer who cant cover their heal with stealth / stability. Its over before it starts.

Looking at todays updates I think they are killing LB ranger.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Good post. anet is far from perfect, but people wonder why they don’t make more appearances in the cesspool that are the forums?

Also agree that plunking from 1800 units shouldn’t do as much consistent damage as compared to being in melee range…especially an auto attack

to be fair, anet dug the hole for the cesspool with their pr manifesto machine.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

To paraphrase one of the suggestions I made in the CDI:

Most of the traits which shorten weapon skill recharge also enhance the weapon’s damage or abilities in some way. A few of these traits only shorten the recharge, while a separate trait(s) is needed to enhance the weapon. This unfairly forces certain classes using certain weapons to take two traits to gain the same benefit that others gain from taking just one trait.

In the interest of game balance, this should be the same for all classes for all weapons. Either all the shorter recharge traits should also enhance the weapon, or none of them should.

And yes, ranger longbow is one of the weapons whose recharge/enhancements are unnecessarily split into two traits.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Having read the CDI and all these new coming changes, I am unable to provide positive feedback. Cant find even one thing that I use or might use, that I like.

My concern? That a loss of 10% to 25% of Rangers wont even be noticed.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

To paraphrase one of the suggestions I made in the CDI:

Most of the traits which shorten weapon skill recharge also enhance the weapon’s damage or abilities in some way. A few of these traits only shorten the recharge, while a separate trait(s) is needed to enhance the weapon. This unfairly forces certain classes using certain weapons to take two traits to gain the same benefit that others gain from taking just one trait.

In the interest of game balance, this should be the same for all classes for all weapons. Either all the shorter recharge traits should also enhance the weapon, or none of them should.

And yes, ranger longbow is one of the weapons whose recharge/enhancements are unnecessarily split into two traits.

Leaving the sarcasm at home for a second…..

I actually agree with what you say. The question is whether the merged Quickdraw should go in Marksmanship or go in Skirmishing?

Other professions have to unfairly decide which weapon traits to leave at home already, and some people never take all the relevant traits at once because a different trait would make the build more powerful. Should Rangers be the exception to that rule?

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

This unfairly forces certain classes using certain weapons to take two traits to gain the same benefit that others gain from taking just one trait.

But is it true that you get the same benefit when picking two traits or might the benefit gained from two traits actually be bigger? At least in certain scenarios or specific builds?

I got to admit that the Ranger is in a weird place when comparing the weapon traits to other classes’ weapon traits. But this unique set up isn’t always a disadvantage. Rangers got many weapon traits which meaningfully impact more than one on-land weapon set which also includes the cooldown reductions (e.g. Piercing Arrow, Martial Mastery, Off-Hand Training, Quick Draw, Moment of Clarity). Rangers might not be the best at specializing into one specific weapon when it comes to the cooldown reductions. But they gain a pretty neat advantage when combining certain weapons based on the traits. Even if you don’t want to go with a weapon ‘bundle’ promoted by a trait Rangers are more flexible when it comes to weapon choices because trait lines don’t force you onto specific weapons. On top of that you got traits like Off-Hand Training which offer even more flexibility. However, those are advantages people tend to disregard.

Another thing you might want to keep in mind: Not all weapon traits on other profession grant fancy additional benefits. Some do. But not all of them. Even those who grant an additional benefit do not always provide a meaningful one (e.g. stat bonuses).

That being said, I do think that especially the Longbow needs a bit more oomph. But I believe that this should be achieved through improving the weapon skills and not by altering the traits. Just because you can’t get all Longbow traits at once doesn’t mean the traits are poorly designed. Traits should be about choices and that’s what is happening here.

I guess you are talking about Eagle Eye and Quick Draw?

While I generally agree that it feels more ‘natural’ to have Eagle Eye as ‘the’ Longbow weapon trait I think this is mainly due to the fact that most other classes have a different weapon trait design. Not because neither trait is underperforming on its own. As stated above, the way Ranger weapon traits are designed opens up some choices for Rangers other classes do not have. That is a good thing. Not a bad one. It’s just different.

That being said, what do you think would happen if Eagle Eye got the Longbow CD reduction and Quick Draw gained an additional bonus for the Shortbow? People will still complain that they can’t get Spotter and Piercing Arrows at the same time. Because – although Chrispy has been pretty sarcastic about it – they refuse to make meaningful choices and expect to get everything at once. Just because a trait is associated with a specific weapon or utility group doesn’t mean you should be able to get all of them. And Rangers actually aren’t the only class this applies to. It is just more obivous when looking at the weapon traits. But to give some examples:

A Guardian probably won’t be able to get Two-Handed Mastery plus Glacial Heart/Zealous Blades because it costs too many points or the slots occupy more important traits. Neither will he be able to get all Symbol traits in one reasonable build if he wanted to.

A Mesmer probably won’t be able to get Illusionary Elasticity plus Chaotic Dampening/Greatsword Training/Duelists Discipline/Cleansing Conflagration. Neither will he be able to get all Interrupt, Glamour or Shatter traits at once.

An Engineer probably won’t be able to get all Bomb Kit traits in Explosion and in Invention because he will either cripple his damage or his survivability.

An Elementalist can only get a cooldown reduction for 1/4th of his weapon skills at once. Without a bonus. How unfair is that?

I’m not saying that having many traits associated with one specific weapon or utility group is good in general. But it is as long as they fulfill different purposes which I believe is the case most of the time. People have to learn to make choices depending on the situation they are in or the game mode/role they want to play. Of course, it would be nice to get all traits which are associated with a certain playstyle, weapon or mechanic. But it would also be extremly boring and prohibits build diversity. This is the case for any class. Well… most.

I think the real issue with Ranger bow traits lies in the desire of players who want a powerful full-time archer which unfortunately isn’t what the Ranger was desigend for. This gets even worse because ranged weapons generally deal inferior damage when compared to melee weapons. And that is something which probably will never change in GW2.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Other professions have to unfairly decide which weapon traits to leave at home already, and some people never take all the relevant traits at once because a different trait would make the build more powerful. Should Rangers be the exception to that rule?

Out of curiosity, name three weapons in any profession other than Ranger that you cannot get all the traits for.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

This is me playing a Backstab Thief

If you don’t have an invul…I will one shot you most likely

awesome! welp, guess it’s officially time to finish leveling and gearing up my thief.

Just to clarify, because swagger never does, he is being VERY sarcastic. This video is horrific.

(clearly working for me now, wish I could have responded to this myself.)

I wasn’t being sarcastic. watching videos like that reminds me of how poor the ranger performs in wvw and how fun it would be to own face and troll people.

If you really wanna feel sad

this is me playing a Venom Aura Thief, a Spec that most Thieves think is awful…

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Having read the CDI and all these new coming changes, I am unable to provide positive feedback. Cant find even one thing that I use or might use, that I like.

My concern? That a loss of 10% to 25% of Rangers wont even be noticed.

Whether Anet notices, I’m sure the players will. Ranger is already the easiest class to spot in a group because of the pet and I see fewer and fewer every week that are either mains or geared in good equipment. Most seem to be newbies in rogue/pirate gear with LB-bear/drake more than anything.

And this is on Blackgate, easily one of the most populous pve servers.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Rangers are really going to need some good boosts after seeing what other classes are getting. Some crazy stuff watching the twitch feed

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Rangers changes were Meh

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Lefanu.1238

Lefanu.1238

You see the ready up? Don’t know if i’m amused about Beastmastery-GM and Reaging Winds. What u think about the other new traits? :/

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Lets see..

Marksman Trait – Won’t be used because its over saturated with other Longbow Trait

Skirmishing Trait – Who’s going to use this? Trap Rangers won’t…. and Interrupt Builds MoC is better…Berserker Rangers won’t use it, Because they sure as hell don’t wanna be in Melee.

Wilderness Survival – Again, no one will use it…Cause it sits in Empathetic Bond’s place

Nature Trait – Not sure who’s going to use this trait..Spirit Builds Won’t use it, Shout Build won’t use it….So its pretty much Meh.

Beastmaster Trait – Depends on heal, if its not great..It won’t take Natural Healings Place.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

blud.8174

:( I give up. I kept persisting with hope after all the crappy patches (Aquaman ftw), but not anymore.

The changes aren’t bad, except when you look at what every other class is getting you see how weak these changes are. Just reroll another class guys.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

This would imply you’re giving serious consideration to ever using this trait.

QFT.

I would never drop eagle eye and piercing because you won’t get better DPS out of this trait. Flight speed made it less reliable but not to the point that it’ll warrant taking it over the other 2 MM bow traits.

Same cast time with 2x flight speed means it’ll make the LB feel even more sluggish than before as you watch the arrow zip to the target but having a seemingly longer pause before you fire again.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

:( I give up. I kept persisting with hope after all the crappy patches (Aquaman ftw), but not anymore.

The changes aren’t bad, except when you look at what every other class is getting you see how weak these changes are. Just reroll another class guys.

Yeap…all the other GM Traits, were bloody overpowered..

and Rangers get some god awful traits

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Marks Trait – Useful in WvW. Until there’s a map that’s not conquest, it’s useless in sPvP since DPSing from range is rather useless if you’re not standing on a capture point. Useless in PvE.

Skirmishing Trait – I see no situation where this is really viable. It’s a bunker trait in a DPS line. Meta DPS PvEers won’t take this and PvPers will take MoC.

WS Trait – Not sure what to think of this one…poison is pretty weak as a dps condi, even on a condi build, but it’s an interesting option.

Nature Trait – It’s awesome to see some active condi removal…but not sure what builds will take this.

BM Trait – Could be useful for a bunker build?

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

Out of curiosity, name three weapons in any profession other than Ranger that you cannot get all the traits for.

Engineer Rifle, Pistol, and Harpoon Gun.

What? you said any! They just so happen to be all on the same profession!

Also, Warrior Axes may also be affected in this way when the patch hits, because, they’ll have axe traits scattered across 3 trait lines, forcing a 70 point investment to take advantage of all traits. That is nowhere near as bad as our 50 points.

We’ll have the same problem with our melee weapons and the new Skirmishing trait, since there’s that grandmaster, and 2 master traits in different trait lines (WS and NM), meaning a full trait 70 point investment, in order to maximize our greatsword.

Because of that, The Longbow (and harpoon gun I guess….) is the least of our worries as far as weapon optimization goes.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

Marks Trait – Useful in WvW. Until there’s a map that’s not conquest, it’s useless in sPvP since DPSing from range is rather useless if you’re not standing on a capture point. Useless in PvE.

Skirmishing Trait – I see no situation where this is really viable. It’s a bunker trait in a DPS line. Meta DPS PvEers won’t take this and PvPers will take MoC.

WS Trait – Not sure what to think of this one…poison is pretty weak as a dps condi, even on a condi build, but it’s an interesting option.

Nature Trait – It’s awesome to see some active condi removal…but not sure what builds will take this.

BM Trait – Could be useful for a bunker build?

1. I will be using it at maximum range in WvW.

2. That one will be tricky because our Greatsword traits are in 3 different trait lines with that addition. It will require 70 points to be able to use all greatsword traits now….

3. Trap/condition builds. The constant poison deals less dps than other conditions, but, the fact that it denies a certain portion of healing is where the true value of the skill lies. The dps increase just makes it easier for my condition build to kill things faster.

4. Not sure what build would benefit from this. I am already thinking of a build that uses it with Dire Gear, but my condition damage has to come from weapon skills instead of traps….its a work in progress.

5. Depends on the amount of healing. It would have to be rather high to be of any use, that or spam Eagle and Hawk F2’s because of the low cooldown.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Lets see..

Marksman Trait – Won’t be used because its over saturated with other Longbow Trait

Skirmishing Trait – Who’s going to use this? Trap Rangers won’t…. and Interrupt Builds MoC is better…Berserker Rangers won’t use it, Because they sure as hell don’t wanna be in Melee.

Wilderness Survival – Again, no one will use it…Cause it sits in Empathetic Bond’s place

Nature Trait – Not sure who’s going to use this trait..Spirit Builds Won’t use it, Shout Build won’t use it….So its pretty much Meh.

Beastmaster Trait – Depends on heal, if its not great..It won’t take Natural Healings Place.

Pretty much my thoughts. The Nature Magic trait sounds nice but all our survival skills besides muddy have too long of a cooldown for this to really be worth 30pts. Not when a shout build still probably lends greater survivability for 30 nature points.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Did they really mention pet feat to work as an interrupt? Does this mean other canine hard cc will work with Moc???? That would be kind of awesome. Everything else is kind of meh aside pet F2 being reliable.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Nope, it won’t work with MoC..Because they have no kitten clue it doesn’t work right now with MoC

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

blud.8174

Eles new traits: 5s blind on burn, 5s weakness on interrupt, immunity to crits while attuned to earth, and boons when struck.

Engie: quickness on knockback, place mines on crit, turrets turn engie into spirit engie, gadgets give boons.

Guardian: retaliation scales with condi damage instead of power, aoe aegis on block (20s cd).

Mesmer: (OP) Enemy skills that you interrupt have increased cd (this trait has no icd so just go ahead and chain those interrupts), gain 3s of distortion on kill (no cd), gain boons for shatter skills [5s fury on daze, 8s regen on distortion], GAIN 1000 HEALING FOR 5S POWER ON INTERRUPT, enemies hit by shatter skills get torment.

Necro: toughness, aoe heals and even harder to kill in death shroud.

Thief: Gain 200 power on reveal (gg Sic ’Em), STEALTH = 50% damage reduction and not just for you, stealing gives 5 stacks of confusion for 5s.

Warrior: Burst skills have 100% increased chance to crit, GAIN 1000 TOUGHNESS WHEN YOU BREAK OUT OF A STUN FOR 4S, When you grant might you give it to allies also (!!)

And now for Rangers:
Longbow and Harpoon Gun velocity increased by 100%, 15% chance to block ranged attacks while in melee, poison you apply deals 50% extra damage and poison your pet’s first attack on swap, remove 2 condis and gain fury when you use a survival skill (lightning reflexes breaks immob and keen edges also is affected by this), Your pet does aoe heal on F2.

Where the kitten is the love?
Note that even now, not a single dev has come to discuss what they envision for the class.

Am I really overreacting? Is this not bullkitten?

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Nope, it won’t work with MoC..Because they have no kitten clue it doesn’t work right now with MoC

they were pretty vague regarding their “tons of bugfixes for rangers”. I hope the MoC is not part of that list. I love that bug.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

I imagine even the fanbois have had a taste of reality now? After seeing the new traits, the lack of updates, the fact no trait changes are coming, and how lightning reflexes now breaking immobilize is likely the only real improvement coming on 4/15, can anyone still sit here thinking ANet has a single employee who plays this class?

Chrispy? Prysin? Any other die hard, anet can do no wrong-ers?

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Guardians get 300 vitality, we get faster longbow arrows… lol.

I mean after a full day of reading this stuff (been checking the phone and computer way too often today) this bears repeating. 3,000 health versus a better chance for autoattack to hit.

They gots to buff the guardian up cause our sharp sticks will be hitting them faster and harder. We might actually hurt something.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Eles new traits: 5s blind on burn, 5s weakness on interrupt, immunity to crits while attuned to earth, and boons when struck.

Engie: quickness on knockback, place mines on crit, turrets turn engie into spirit engie, gadgets give boons.

Guardian: retaliation scales with condi damage instead of power, aoe aegis on block (20s cd).

Mesmer: (OP) Enemy skills that you interrupt have increased cd (this trait has no icd so just go ahead and chain those interrupts), gain 3s of distortion on kill (no cd), gain boons for shatter skills [5s fury on daze, 8s regen on distortion], GAIN 1000 HEALING FOR 5S POWER ON INTERRUPT, enemies hit by shatter skills get torment.

Necro: toughness, aoe heals and even harder to kill in death shroud.

Thief: Gain 200 power on reveal (gg Sic ’Em), STEALTH = 50% damage reduction and not just for you, stealing gives 5 stacks of confusion for 5s.

Warrior: Burst skills have 100% increased chance to crit, GAIN 1000 TOUGHNESS WHEN YOU BREAK OUT OF A STUN FOR 4S, When you grant might you give it to allies also (!!)

And now for Rangers:
Longbow and Harpoon Gun velocity increased by 100%, 15% chance to block ranged attacks while in melee, poison you apply deals 50% extra damage and poison your pet’s first attack on swap, remove 2 condis and gain fury when you use a survival skill (lightning reflexes breaks immob and keen edges also is affected by this), Your pet does aoe heal on F2.

Where the kitten is the love?
Note that even now, not a single dev has come to discuss what they envision for the class.

Am I really overreacting? Is this not bullkitten?

Oh no, it is quite bullkitten. I’d be apologizing for so much criticism if we got a trait that increased our attack speed with the sword or a trait that healed us when we crit.

Ya know, things that actually play on our strengths as a “sustained damage class”.

Instead we got a mishmash of “meh” to “no way in hell is that worth 30pt” traits that don’t push us into a unified vision and just play off the fact that we have no focus as a class.

Are we a pet/minion class, are we a “sustained dps” class, or are we a pewpew sniper class? I don’t know anymore and it seems like Anet sure doesn’t either.

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

I can’t wait for mesmer and necro zergs though, toughness and regen in DS and distortion on player kill. Way to deal with zerging A-Net.

/rollseyes

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

I imagine even the fanbois have had a taste of reality now? After seeing the new traits, the lack of updates, the fact no trait changes are coming, and how lightning reflexes now breaking immobilize is likely the only real improvement coming on 4/15, can anyone still sit here thinking ANet has a single employee who plays this class?

the skirmishing one i am not very positive about, but given trait resetting is free now, i can test it out without concerns. 15% is too low, 25-33% would be more realistical in terms of viability over effect.

WS one i can see being very strong with trapper and condi bunker

NM one is very nice, gives me 2 condies to cleanse ACTIVELY every time i apply MT (20 sec CD). This should also trigger with Keen Edge now that the trait is considered a Survival Skill. So that means it will add another passive condi cleanse once enemy goes below 75%.

The BM one i am anxious about. Due to values not being presented.
350-800 + healing power = okay
1000 + healing power = good
2000 +/or without healing power = very good

Imagine using fern hound (2000 healing with clerics armor) or a bird with F2 every 6 seconds.
Depending on healing values, it can also be a very good counterplay with Wolf F2 interrupt/fear off. Especially against thieves and the likes, getting them away from you and healing you.

What i am dreading however, is the bugfixes. Usually bugfixes for rangers = massive nerfs.
Worst case scenario, ill just roll ele for zering and reserve the ranger for havoc only.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

All i saw were some buffs to healing and condi cleansing
Only damage buff we got was on 1 condi (poison)

How can anyone be happy with these changes idk…

Its time to re-roll, yall can theorycraft and keep playing such an obviously weak class but I’m done with this.

There is still NO reason for me to bring this class in WvW
There are waay better DPS/support buffs other classes got than ranger. Nothing is amazingly unique about these changes
No big change to PvP meta (looks like spirits will still be the main thing)

There won’t be any other changes after april 15 until at least like october.
Pretty disappointed with these changes.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

I mean bloody hell, Simply look at the chat during the Event to see what we’re talking about..Every class was getting “Wow that’s op” spammed down it..Not a single person was like said anything remotely like that during the Ranger ones..Everyone was pretty much like “meh”

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

I mean bloody hell, Simply look at the chat during the Event to see what we’re talking about..Every class was getting “Wow that’s op” spammed down it..Not a single person was like said anything remotely like that during the Ranger ones..Everyone was pretty much like “meh”

because everyone think they are crap to begin with, realized that whatever buffs we got only got us “to the level i imagine my current warrior being at” and then looked at others buffs and went “lulz, but we are still ahead so np np”

oh and bye bye atherakia, skitz and the other haters. Was nice to see you try out the ranger. I’ll still play mine as it will forever be viable for the way i play (havoc/blobbing)

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

I see your point. But:

Skirmishing: Strider’s Defense – You have a 15% chance to block ranged attacks while in melee.

Wilderness Survival : Poison Master – Poison you apply deals 50% extra damage. Poison your pet’s first attack when they are swapped to.

Nature Magic: Survival of the fittest – Remove two conditions and gain fury when using a survival skill.

Beast Mastery: Invigorating Bond- Your pet heals in an area when executing command abilities (i.e. your F2 skill now heals in an area)

Theyre not big changes, but pair up condi bunker now with rune changes plus poison master wouldnt be half bad. Invigorating Bond though is what Im curious about, cause they didnt give numbers on this. If they can heal for 1000+ or more per pet skill use, then its pretty good if you equip eagle and hawk, that would be a lot of resistance from Ranger even considering other class changes.

Im still maining Ranger regardless of class changes.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

100% true. I watched the whole thing and when other traits were introduced..especially Ele it was like …“wth” ..“lol wow” etc etc

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

BM: Depends on the heal, but could work if you play BM bunker still.

Only thing I got excited about in the entire presentation was lightning reflexes.

actually, i can see this build with the new NM and BM work pretty well.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vUAQJARSlsApVo1CxZI8DNhkpQkQQMFYE8d9giwQGC-z0CBYfBi+IQZPFRjtMMIVXht8KaKbYKXAqXQ6XJVFDmUAMJMC-w

Lots of condi cleansing. Strong pet damage, evades, and with a functioning F1,2,3 (Karl said all pet commands actually), pets will be reliable enough to trust with our DPS.

Sure, it is a roaming build, but roaming is what we excel at.

Also, do not forget, entangle now cleanses condies and grant fury. That is NOT something to be ignored.