Official-New Traits

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Condi cleanse could be useful in certain situations and bow speed as well. I don’t see anything here that I’ll run 24/7 but whatever. They can’t or won’t fix pets and they give us garbage traits in comparison to what eles got. I mean seriously, a top tier meta class gets a buff and we get increased bow speed that we should already have? Defend them all you want, you’re alone on this one.

read the preview notes, they said “Several fixes to Pet AI”

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Who the hell uses GM traits here tho? Just asking…
And those who say yes, just tell why you fail out of your fault :o

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Unfortunately, no.

Because of the new Survival of the Fittest trait, it can cure 2 conditions in addition to immobilize (and the usual evade and stunbreaker). It would be OP if it removed 5 conditions on use.

My ele clears more condi with just a single heal, and I don’t have to trait anything. When I trait for water and EA, I can get rid of 3 more on top of that….

And the Ele has lower overall health, and lower overall armor. More Condi removal is kind of a requirement for that class. (Also, Ether Renewal is somewhat vulnerable to interrupts, even though it can remove alot of conditions. Most Ranger Survival Skills (as well as signet of renewal) are instant and wont be weak to that.) While people want a profession to have more of this and that, I would say the balance is not that bad right now.

Other than to have a field you can shoot through to poison at range .

Viper trap is gaining a poison field. The question is does it apply while its unsprung? There is no way to test this beforehand unless you are on the test server, and the fire and ice traps do not have this as a patch note.

The fire and ice trap already have field effects. These fields will work exactly the same as the poison one. So i can tell you, unless Anet does some weird and wild.

We can access a Poison Field on demand already. People don’t like the Murellow because it is a tank pet (which is wierd, because its not like other pets do much damage in their current state anyways). You can make it generate a 7 second poison field wherever its standing. Pet updates (as well as that new WS trait, if it affects pet poisons) should make it even better of an option than it is now.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

I would say the balance is not that bad right now.

I somewhat agree. If they could only iron out the kinks with spirits.. Adjust the pets a little for WvW performance, and increase the efficiency of power stat scaling. I think rangers will be in a good spot.

Sure, some traits, even some of the new ones, will have to be adjusted slightly to make all these things come true without making rangers too strong in 1v1.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Request: Link to the new traits please

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Ty, AEFA.9035

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

So here is my opinion about these…things.

1. Marksmanship – Read the Wind : Should be basic fix!! Okay, maybe max the new 3th fix trait (15th now, 3th at new)… but not a selectable trait at all!!!
  2. Skirmishing – Strider’s Defense : For a GM Trait… eh… its like the above one.
  3. Wilderness Survival – Poison Master : Nice, this one worth the GM tier!
  4. Nature Magic – Survival of the Fittest : Uh okay… condition removal anyway??
  5. Beast Magic – Invigorating Bond : Okay again… but still its LOW for being a GM until it doesn’t heals real mutch (another question how mutch chance that pet will have to do anything LOL… /cry)

And anyway… AN does not decided for rangers to auto-gain pet’s aoe buffs, what the 5 gods and kormir?! Will be nice to heal none in solo/allRanged.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Saw Survival of the Fittest, got excited and started theory crafting some build. Then I immediately remembered this is coming with the ferocity bullkitten and figured whats the point, power rangers are never going to do any damage.

Probably the best build that will come out of this will be a 20/20/0/0/30 (sorry 4/4/0/0/6 eye roll) using the new beastmaster grandmaster and Hawk to make some heal heavy pet build possibly using Zealots depending whose healing power is being used for it. But that is obviously not going to be useful in any serious are of the game.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Unfortunately, no.

Because of the new Survival of the Fittest trait, it can cure 2 conditions in addition to immobilize (and the usual evade and stunbreaker). It would be OP if it removed 5 conditions on use.

My ele clears more condi with just a single heal, and I don’t have to trait anything. When I trait for water and EA, I can get rid of 3 more on top of that….

And the Ele has lower overall health, and lower overall armor. More Condi removal is kind of a requirement for that class. (Also, Ether Renewal is somewhat vulnerable to interrupts, even though it can remove alot of conditions. Most Ranger Survival Skills (as well as signet of renewal) are instant and wont be weak to that.) While people want a profession to have more of this and that, I would say the balance is not that bad right now.

You speak as if there’s reason behind that balance. Pray tell, how do you explain the warrior then which has better HP/Armor/Condi removal than the ranger? You’re projecting things that are not really there.

I don’t know what game you’ve been playing if you think the classes are balanced.

No one cares about spvp so please don’t bring that up.

This has always been and will be my litmus test: can you solo roam as a power ranger on wvw and do is successfully? The answer is a resounding no, ever since the inception of this game.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Unfortunately, no.

You speak as if there’s reason behind that balance. Pray tell, how do you explain the warrior then which has better HP/Armor/Condi removal than the ranger? You’re projecting things that are not really there.

I don’t know what game you’ve been playing if you think the classes are balanced.

This has always been and will be my litmus test: can you solo roam as a power ranger on wvw and do is successfully? The answer is a resounding no, ever since the inception of this game.

I think what you, and many others would like to see is ..

1. Pick a class. It really doesn’t mater what class because it’s just a name…because there is only:
-1 trait tree in the game
-You can use every weapon in the game
- You can use any armor you want. Light, medium or heavy.

That way everyone would be the same (except for the class name). Everyone would be welcome in groups in all phases of the game.

Sounds fantastic !

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

Unfortunately, no.

1. Pick a class. It really doesn’t mater what class because it’s just a name…because there is only:

That way everyone would be the same (except for the class name). Everyone would be welcome in groups in all phases of the game.

Sounds fantastic !

You’ve never played a game before that has proper balance, have you? LOL that was so far off to the left field, I’m not even going to dignify you with a response.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Unfortunately, no.

Sounds fantastic !

You’ve never played a game before that has proper balance, have you? LOL that was so far off to the left field, I’m not even going to dignify you with a response.

That is correct. I have never played a game that is properly balanced. Ever. There is always 3 or 4 classes that excel over the others. Then things get patched and a couple of new classes move up into the top 4 and a couple drop out. Rinse repeat. The only difference is the developers tried harder to balance by doing it more frequently.

EQ, EQ2, LOTR, Daoc, Rift, WoW, Vanguard are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. None were balanced. Same complaints Ad Nauseum

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

Unfortunately, no.

Why does every class have to sucessfully roam with a Power Build? Is it because a set of zerker gear is all you can afford or something?

On the warriors….no matter what I say, you will argue that Warriors are always better at everything in the history of ever,so, what’s the point in arguing against a rock?

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

That is correct. I have never played a game that is properly balanced. Ever. There is always 3 or 4 classes that excel over the others. Then things get patched and a couple of new classes move up into the top 4 and a couple drop out. Rinse repeat.

LOL, except there’s not even a fotm cycle in this game. It’s pretty safe to keep maining that warrior cuz the Devs can’t seem to be objective about their favorite child.

Wanting proper balance is not the same as wanting symmetrical designs. Even something simple like an FPS which has less moving parts, like Quake/CS, don’t have uniformed weapons.

Proper balance require checks and balances so that there are draw backs to the choices, of which there is very little if you play something like the warrior and they dwarf the other classes in what they bring to the table in all the metrics of this game. A lot of the the design choices in this game are arbitrary which is what I have the most problem with. Go look at the mechanics of Dark Souls 2 if you want to see something done right. EVERY choice you make in the spec/gear matters, all the way down to the weight of the equipment.

Just because classes have to be different doesn’t mean you shouldn’t need to account for the differences between them.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

On the warriors….no matter what I say, you will argue that Warriors are always better at everything in the history of ever,so, what’s the point in arguing against a rock?

I see we are playing different games. So yeah, there’s no point to talk about it.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

I see we are playing different games. So yeah, there’s no point to talk about it.

If you can’t take down a Warrior 1v1 as a Ranger, maybe its time to roll a different class instead of claiming that I play a different game.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

That is correct. I have never played a game that is properly balanced. Ever. There is always 3 or 4 classes that excel over the others. Then things get patched and a couple of new classes move up into the top 4 and a couple drop out. Rinse repeat.

LOL, except there’s not even a fotm cycle in this game. It’s pretty safe to keep maining that warrior cuz the Devs can’t seem to be objective about their favorite child.

Wanting proper balance is not the same as wanting symmetrical designs. Even something simple like an FPS which has less moving parts, like Quake/CS, don’t have uniformed weapons.

Proper balance require checks and balances so that there are draw backs to the choices, of which there is very little if you play something like the warrior and they dwarf the other classes in what they bring to the table in all the metrics of this game. A lot of the the design choices in this game are arbitrary which is what I have the most problem with. Go look at the mechanics of Dark Souls 2 if you want to see something done right. EVERY choice you make in the spec/gear matters, all the way down to the weight of the equipment.

Just because classes have to be different doesn’t mean you shouldn’t need to account for the differences between them.

My apologies. I didn’t realize you were new to the game. Since if you were here from the beginning, you would have remembered the favorite child was arguably the weakest class in the game when it came to WvW or PvP

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

My apologies. I didn’t realize you were new to the game. Since if you were here from the beginning, you would have remembered the favorite child was arguably the weakest class in the game when it came to WvW or PvP

lol what? Warriors have ALWAYS been a staple of zergs. The latest powercreep buffs were aimed at spvp and only made them even stronger in WvW.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

If you can’t take down a Warrior 1v1 as a Ranger, maybe its time to roll a different class instead of claiming that I play a different game.

I see the metric keeps getting changed again and no where did i say those things.

Way to justify that balance though by changing the topic again. Good day.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Zerg warfare means absolutely nothing. Staff Elementalists are a staple of zergs also. How tough is it to fight them 1v1 or in small man action?

I was talking about actually fighting against a Warrior. A year ago I stopped attacking them unless they attacked me in WvW because I felt bad for them. They were so easy to kill. Now? Not so much.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

No I remember the whine but whining about being weak != weak.

Mouth breathers wanted to mash 1 to victory and now they finally got it.

Having bad condi cleanse is part of the checks and balances that I was talking about. You shouldn’t have good HP/Def/Attack/Cleanse and regen with no draw backs.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

I see the metric keeps getting changed again and no where did i say those things.

Way to justify that balance though by changing the topic again. Good day.

Then what is the Metric? The fact that you are whining about being unable to roam with a power build?

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Zerg warfare means absolutely nothing. Staff Elementalists are a staple of zergs also. How tough is it to fight them 1v1 or in small man action?

I was talking about actually fighting against a Warrior. A year ago I stopped attacking them unless they attacked me in WvW because I felt bad for them. They were so easy to kill. Now? Not so much.

Except that zerging means everything in WvW. No one cares about roaming or 1v1 fights. That’s what spvp is for.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

No I remember the whine but whining about being weak != weak.

Mouth breathers wanted to mash 1 to victory and now they finally got it.

Having bad condi cleanse is part of the checks and balances that I was talking about. You shouldn’t have good HP/Def/Attack/Cleanse and regen with no draw backs.

I don’t disagree with you that Warriors are a tad over the top. I was just reponding to one of your comments …LOL, except there’s not even a fotm cycle in this game.

..and the Warrior is a prime example that there is a fotm cycle in this game. Necros also got a massive boost. Not to the extent of Warriors but still much stronger than a year ago. Elementalists went the other way. From heros to zeroes.

…although I do agree strongly that Anets FOTM cycle is quite a bit slower than other developers

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Except that zerging means everything in WvW. No one cares about roaming or 1v1 fights. That’s what spvp is for.

My bad. I didn’t realize that.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

Then what is the Metric? The fact that you are whining about being unable to roam with a power build?

It’s about having checks and balances in the choices you make, and having both power and condi builds be viable options. Reread my other post to Forzani

If power builds are not viable why put traits in the game? Just be like any other MMO out there and say X does Y and Y only. If you don’t like it, play Z instead.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Not in general obviously, but in terms of match ups and winning with superior PPT, roaming and 1v1’s mean nothing. It’s no big mystery why they added an area to BL maps just to give roamers something to do.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Not in general obviously, but in terms of match ups and winning with superior PPT, roaming and 1v1’s mean nothing. It’s no big mystery why they added an area to BL maps just to give roamers something to do.

Well that is an entirely different debate for another thread. My only point is Warriors are vastly stronger today than they were a year ago. There definitely wasn’t any nerf warrior threads a year ago

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Well that is an entirely different debate for another thread. My only point is Warriors are vastly stronger today than they were a year ago. There definitely wasn’t any nerf warrior threads a year ago

True enough.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

The choice is OURS! We will not bow to became supporters/sustainers/bunkers ar AN wants us to be… NO. NO. Just NO. We will not accept it!

It’s a HUGE GALL to admit ranger projectiles are bad (amongst with pets), then release a GM trait to fix it… Acceptable buisness methood? Not at all.

It’s like they were manufacturing a car that tips up in the corners and instead of giving it a lowcenter weight free to keep it working, they give it in exchange of 1 of the 4 wheels, keeping the car instabile…
If AN wants all of us to play Warrior or pinpointed 3 class only, then let it be, let our rangers become Warrior (as all the NPC archers are!!)- so we’ll get all the sweet sweet care and we’ll always have a half arm free to fap on how PRO we are…

We’re definietly sure about none mains a Ranger over there, and even if there is one, that one runs something OP or Acceptable. I don’t want to write down how this industry works, but when it is very clear that the Customers do not like the way of changes applied, then do not force it. Move with the time. Listen to what we need and give that under control (for every class).

AN has my respect, but in the exact time they need to bring something that keeps us playing GW2 instead of anything that comes now, it is very not a good call to go against whatever we seek. - in a moderated volume.

(edited by RoyalPredator.9163)

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

With +5 or 10 trait points we could work lol. Whats up guys, gave up the fight?!?!

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

fed up of the promises tbh. ive played 1200+ hours on my ranger, and i am fed up of being inferior.

unfortuantly i have quit this game again. i made a threat about it couple months ago but i waited for these patch notes.

this will be the 5th and last time i’ve stop playing this silly broken game.

HEARTHSTONE <— ( that awkward moment when blizzard can balance a card game better than ANET can balance a MMO )

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

The Ranger feels like a common town folk with a pitchfork.
they do a bit of damage sometimes…
hell… they even have the stray beggars dog when its paying attention.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

HEARTHSTONE <— ( that awkward moment when blizzard can balance a card game better than ANET can balance a MMO )

Nah.

It really doesn’t feel balanced compared to physical card games, even some of those shovel-ware CCGs back in the day.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

I’ve been playing since launch and I distinctly remember the cries for Warrior nerfs about a year ago, but that was a different meta. There was then a short period where Warriors were begging for buffs and now we’re here.

(edit)
Proof: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/I-wish-they-would-nerf-my-Warrior
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Nerf-Warrior-Damage

There’s more if you just google. There has always been a sentiment that Warrior, more than any other class, is the devs’ pet class. Sometimes it wasn’t justified and was just based off of how easy it is to play Warrior, but other times it was called for.

One thing you won’t find much of is “nerf Ranger”.

(edit again)
I didn’t realize you were talking about PvP specifically. Warriors were not OP in PvP a year ago, you’re right.

(edited by blud.8174)

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Warriors were complained about early on because no one ran toughness and Warriors were mobile as all hell. They came out of no where like a freight train, knocked you down, and then popped frenzy (or whatever that attack speed skill was) + 100b and pretty much 1 shot anyone with that combo. they would then run away after taking out their target with near immunity from any harm.

What’s funny is they still do this to this very day, but it’s no where near as problematic as the hammer trains, insane condi meta, and this crazy hambow point denial everyone runs in PvP.

The Warrior is the perfect example of ANet listening to the wrong crowd though when it comes to overall balance. They were listening to the supposed Warrior experts in PvP talking about how inferior the class was and they rolled out change after change after change in short order. All the while they completely ignored the state of the class in every other aspect of the game (They’ve never been weak in WvW) and we’re at the point we are now.

(edited by Atherakhia.4086)

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Warriors were complained about early on because no one ran toughness and Warriors were mobile as all hell. They came out of no where like a freight train, knocked you down, and then popped frenzy (or whatever that attack speed skill was) + 100b and pretty much 1 shot anyone with that combo. they would then run away after taking out their target with near immunity from any harm.

What’s funny is they still do this to this very day, but it’s no where near as problematic as the hammer trains, insane condi meta, and this crazy hambow point denial everyone runs in PvP.

The Warrior is the perfect example of ANet listening to the wrong crowd though when it comes to overall balance. They were listening to the supposed Warrior experts in PvP talking about how inferior the class was and they rolled out change after change after change in short order. All the while they completely ignored the state of the class in every other aspect of the game (They’ve never been weak in WvW) and we’re at the point we are now.

Actually, if you look back, most WvW players were mocking warriors, calling them effortless kills. Especially rangers, thieves, mesmers and DD eles just wiped the floor with them before they started to get serious buffs. I remember back in the good ol’ BM days, when i could let my pet massacre them without them ever landing a hit on me. They were just too clunky in duels. Now they are a force to be reconed with, and depending on your build, they will kill you if you do not take them seriously (even the worst warrior player can now be “good”). Only thing that keeps them in check is conditions and out-of-this-world CC spam. People think they are godlike and immune to CC while running warrior. Thankfully, this allows the rest of the classes to give them some nasty surprises.

Oh wait…. maybe i shouldn’t have said that… now they will get passive stability too….

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

Why can’t ANet be creative with Ranger, since we’re dealing mediocre damage with LB and SB which is why some people chose Ranger is because we’re supposed to be unparalleled archers, can’t we get traits that make us deal #% of foes maximum health per hit with our bows? could be put into skirmishing trait or better yet, why can’t our auto attack on bows 3rd skill chain deal 2% pure damage plus actual damage. That’s wearing down your opponent Ranger should have access to % damage!

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

oh for the sake of all thats holy.
Can you guys and gals please get over that “unparalleled archer” thing and move on. They changed the description and vision for the class a long time ago. Stick to the present and stop dwelling in what should have been and what you didnt get.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Can you guys and gals please get over that “unparalleled archer” thing and move on. They changed the description and vision for the class a long time ago. Stick to the present and stop dwelling in what should have been and what you didnt get.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/ranger/

Still there

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

Even if the line isn’t there, which the above poster shows it still is, we still have 2 weapons that should be funtional, engaging, and unique. Until they are, why should players sit still and be quiet?

While the nonstop crying and harrassment of ANet employees may not always be the most valuable time spent, sitting here prettending ANet can do no wrong and we should have faith that they’ll get it right eventually is even more destructive.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Even if the line isn’t there, which the above poster shows it still is, we still have 2 weapons that should be funtional, engaging, and unique. Until they are, why should players sit still and be quiet?

While the nonstop crying and harrassment of ANet employees may not always be the most valuable time spent, sitting here prettending ANet can do no wrong and we should have faith that they’ll get it right eventually is even more destructive.

The problem is people are complaining about stuff that’s fine, like arrow speed, if you think the trait isn’t worth it DONT kittenING USE IT. It’s really that simple.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

See when people pick rangers you all need to accept and realize that some if not most, picked the class for bow usage. Right now it isnt viable and Anet is pushing us with condition builds with the propose changes that they will apply. Dont get me wrong, Im grateful for these 3 GM traits. But what about those people who like to run zerkers build or for those who want to be viable in wvw? You need to consider different types of gameplay as well. Not everyone wants to be condi regen bunker. Imo, no offense, those who run condi bunkers are boring. I see no skill in condition builds not just for Ranger but for all classes in game. Basically you stack up condition and wait for them to die. Thats how i see these condi builds.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

The problem is people are complaining about stuff that’s fine, like arrow speed, if you think the trait isn’t worth it DONT kittenING USE IT. It’s really that simple.

It’s not just that the trait isn’t worth it though, it’s the simple fact that there’s no room for it in the tree. These are areas that warrant discussion. Simply logging onto the forums and saying ‘I dun like it so I dun use it’ is a stupid comment. I haven’t seen anyone post that without fully backing it up though. That’s perfectly fine with me.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Define “Viable” to me, please do it.

Because i find hitting in excess of 4k on multiple targets in a zerg with piercing arrows. VERY viable. The tagging, the loot, the people i down by simply using AA spam on a zerg is equal or i dare say even greater then that i get from Meteor shower + icebow on my ele.

The ability to quickly pound a single, or two enemeis to death with rapid, medium damage attacks on the shortbow (very solid power spec weapon), while maintaining several tools to contain and evade the enemy.

The harpoon, if used a “bit” outside its element, can decimate zerg if they dare fight too close to the waters edge.

The only ranged weapon i find lackluster and sub-par to the rest of the weapons are mainhand axe. I will nto say the bounce is weak, i can easily hit in excess of 1.8k on my crit tank setup. However the remaining options/functions of the mh axe is indeed lackluster.

There is pretty much NOTHING unviable with our bows, except you will lose out on some survivability when going for max damage. This again can be countered by positioning and some creative pet usage (AOE CC pets anyone?).

Trading damage for sustain is the definition of “balance”. Risk and reward. The reward is worth it, so all you have to do is limit the number of risks you face.

EDIT:
@AEFA
I’ve actually been spending the past 3-4 days in full zerker setup. I enjoy it. It is fun, it is engaging and last but not least, it is one heck of a challenge to stay alive. But i welcome it, i welcome that challenge, and i rather kill someone who could easily kill me, then just dump 3 traps on them and wait for my pet to do the rest while i press one of eight different evade buttons.
Hell, ive been playing power ranger in TPvP lately too, believe it or not but after a year i finally had to swallow my pride and take a break from PvE/WvW…. It is fun, so much fun fighting things that think you are a wet noodle, and just smash them, or get smashed yourself.

(edited by Prysin.8542)

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

This does not help power ranger whatsoever. I hope there are more ranger changes coming.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

It is a good feeling when you’re in zerks and hitting 3k AA on LB from a distance. But my problem when we go full zerk right now is survivability. Thieves got high mobility and stealth, mesmer’s got illusions to distract you for a few seconds, warriors got high sustain, same with guardians if zerk vs zerk, necros got life steal etc… What Ranger lack is that sustain for me unless you go full signet build that’s basically your only sustain i find that is worth it for power builds. I can never kill a good thief 1v1 with power ranger in pvp. or maybe im just not good enough, my set up was LB; sword/warhorn. Pet: murellow and leopard. been playing with murellow for that weakness combo when i go melee.

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

> My FULL TANK warriro hits 3k every second.
> My balanced but CRIT ranger (w/Asc) shoots 3k every 2.5 seconds.
+ The speed of arrow is like throwing a baseball to your son in the back garden.
You think this is acceptable? – No, it isn’kittens a gall…
You write that we should max-out any line? – No, here disappears build diversity…
You say we’re not forced to use it? – Yes, we’re not forced to be effective at all…

If they want us to sustain damage, then increase the ROF already…
One thing isn’t sustainable, is the range itself.
I’m not speaking about PvE where your pet can keep enemies in place.
I’m speaking about Dungeons where its CQB and WWW where even warriors are so agile to reach you with a single button push… They don’t have to sacrifice anything for this mobility, they just have it.
In lack of real burst we can only go for survivality traits/skills/stats, so then we’ll lack dmg completely and we end up marching to battle just to survive without any kill…
Like if you do nothing but running with a riot shield around any COD map screaming…

And finally, tell me why the NPC Archers are ALL WARRIORS…

Attachments:

Official-New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Alright, I think I need to clarify the discussion about where ANet’s version of the ranger comes from, since it appears that the community has a real lacking of insight as to how classes transitioned from what they were to what they are.

In Guild Wars 1, bow rangers did most of their damage through conditions like poison, bleeding, and burning. The few builds that were more centered around direct damage didn’t have “instant bonus damage,” but made bows into more “turret” like builds, which could achieve a high output of constant damage, but that damage in Guild Wars 1 would have been considered a pressure/spike assist build, and not a spike build.

The ONLY skill I can even think of right now that could be considered true burst would be Punishing Shot, which was like an Elite Version of Savage Shot, which was also burst, but only against casters. Both of these skills required and interrupt to do burst damage.

All the while, rangers used tools like removing conditions block stances, and movement speed to stay alive.

Now, moving into GW2, what we can see is that the ranger is still largely based around conditions and evasion and movement, as as well sustained damage, and even interrupting for big damage.

Is it perfect in Guild Wars 2? No, but the ranger class as seen be ANet has never been a high damage 1 shot sniper.

Just a history lesson to end the bickering.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat