Pew pew Ranger eliminates most build choices

in Ranger

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

The rapid fire skill is simply so imbalanced that any class built not to be tanky is simply a target.

This means a single skill nerfs all builds but tank builds. Even some classes main skill such as stealth as it tracks them into stealth. Even if you dodge you still get hit. You have to dodge twice! Then the skill recharges faster than 2 dodges.

So lets look at what is wrong with rapid fire:

1.) Its channelled….or is it…what channeling is going on as the ranger can run while channeling. Quite a feet to send rapid arrows down range while running at full speed. If its channeled then channeling should take place and they must remain in place.

2.) It does not honor stealth. You can’t see the person you are shooting at yet magically can hit them.

3.) Its cooldown should be at least the time it takes to regen 2 dodges worth of “dodge energy”…I say that because the notion is non-logical…I can run…but it takes special energy to dodge.

4.) Its range is way too large…really?… you are rapidly firing at a target way way way out there and hitting with each arrow. While it is invisible and has dodge you once?

5.) Instant cast with no animation to allow a counter. When the target gets a chance to counter they are already hit. Then they get to dodge twice and get hit once more. In any case you eat at least 2 shots.

Basically all of the so called counters either don’t work or require a special slotted skill to counter a basic weapon skill. This means that no other class facing a ranger can be a zerker because they are dead far before they can even reach the target.

This skill is really a game ending skill as all your competition has to do is make a few video’s on youtube to demonstrate what guild wars 2 is like. Basically just highlighting pew pew action at great distances demonstrating the ridiculousness of it all.

I hear there are changes which I believe will move the problem to even a worse position. You really believe speeding it up will solve anything? All that means is that I’ll get hit 2 times before being able to react. With lag I’ll likely just die and wonder what hit me as I take them all before I even have a chance to react.

I’m trying to stay positive and give you something to take away from this, other than this was a horrible idea, but really there is not one positive aspect of this.

Now you can delete this post as it makes you look bad – however honest and accurate it is.

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I know you. You re the warrior who kept saying that eviscerate is fair. Enjoy getting stomped by a ranger man. Next time use your OP eviscerate

in Ranger

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

I know you. You re the warrior who kept saying that eviscerate is fair. Enjoy getting stomped by a ranger man. Next time use your OP eviscerate

Well obviously you don’t know me as I have nevered stated anything about eviscerate…but lets compare eviscerate to this. Does it track through stealth? Nope. Can you hit people from max range? Nope. Does rapid fire require you to engage a target for an extended battle to build up energy to use it? Nope. How many dodges stop an eviscerate? 1 How many stop a rapid fire 3. If I get out of range of a warriar can they use it? Nope Can I get out of range of a ranger…. Nope

So really thanks for showing common ignorance and allowing be to rofl stomp you in this post to demonstrate the lack of counter arguement you made.

I am really feeling good about this post! Thanks!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Every once In a while I come across a LB Ranger who I’m not sure is aware that Reflect (and to a lesser extent Retaliaion) applies to them, and/or doesn’t know how to cancel a cast. Since the influx of LB Rangers I’ve wrecked a few with Magnetic Shield, Whirling Defense, or various reflect specced blocks on my Warrior.

Somehow it doesn’t occur to them to stop attacking when there’s a bubble running towards them reflecting an entire Rapid Fire back at them. Watching possibly the most abused ability in WvW (Rapid Fire) get wrecked by arguably the least used ability in the game (Whirling Defense) is pretty fun. And there are countless videos out there going back to the days when Skullcracker builds were all the rage of Warriors putting a serious hurt on LB Rangers who didn’t know any better.

This doesn’t go for the ones who actually know how to play the spec. Those usually pick me off while I’m not focusing 100% on them, or occasionally it ends in a stalemate.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Well obviously you don’t know me as I have nevered stated anything about eviscerate…but lets compare eviscerate to this. Does it track through stealth? Nope. Can you hit people from max range? Nope. Does rapid fire require you to engage a target for an extended battle to build up energy to use it? Nope. How many dodges stop an eviscerate? 1 How many stop a rapid fire 3. If I get out of range of a warriar can they use it? Nope Can I get out of range of a ranger…. Nope

So really thanks for showing common ignorance and allowing be to rofl stomp you in this post to demonstrate the lack of counter arguement you made.

you can’t compair Range to Melee there are too many indifferent Equations / situations and events / and Line of sights to consider and POOR dodge roll usage .
if your use to fighting melee you’ll use dodge to react instincitivly where as using dodge vs RF take two hits then dodge! you’ll avoid the rest you could even stay near terrain 600 yards then dodge towards that to avoid any AA’s afterwards.

but the main fact is without proberly using dodges/line of sight or utilties Range will always beat melee as that is theirAdvantage working the terrain to their advantage sheep herding you to a point of no return , you double dodge RF you play right into the hunters trap and so he deserves his meat because it was stupid.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Every once In a while I come across a LB Ranger who I’m not sure is aware that Reflect (and to a lesser extent Retaliaion) applies to them, and/or doesn’t know how to cancel a cast. Since the influx of LB Rangers I’ve wrecked a few with Magnetic Shield, Whirling Defense, or various reflect specced blocks on my Warrior.

Somehow it doesn’t occur to them to stop attacking when there’s a bubble running towards them reflecting an entire Rapid Fire back at them. Watching possibly the most abused ability in WvW (Rapid Fire) get wrecked by arguably the least used ability in the game (Whirling Defense) is pretty fun. And there are countless videos out there going back to the days when Skullcracker builds were all the rage of Warriors putting a serious hurt on LB Rangers who didn’t know any better.

This doesn’t go for the ones who actually know how to play the spec. Those usually pick me off while I’m not focusing 100% on them, or occasionally it ends in a stalemate.

my Fav was when this Bubble Engi dropped his crate infront of a breached tower gate as his zerg ran inside all the ranged attack trying to Pin point the gate choke got reflected , i saw so many Ranger Bretheren die that day even i laughed.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Oh come on people, are we again with this? Do the rangers go to your sub forums to kitten about the clones or eviscerate?? Seriously if you got owned by a ranger you are very bad/noob player. Realize that and overcome your own limitations.

Now. I see a lot of threads saying “Ranger OP this” “Ranger OP that” mostly from players from other classes that got owned by a ranger. Pleasssseee as the guardian stated is really easy to avoid Rapid fire. Maybe not all of it, but what do you want, to be immune to damage? Isn’t that too lazy?

Ranger is a class unbalanced that’s right. To the hard side. The ranger class after the necros is one of the most difficult to play in PvP and WvW.
We already stated that Pve is dead easy, and even in that case, rangers have it harder than the other classes. Dry Top and Silver Wastes is especially difficult for the ranger while for my guardian is like walk through the park.

Ranger actually would need more burst damage skills like the class is intended, to became actually an attack (not necessary melee) class. Right now is in the middle of everything and nothing does it right.
It has burst damage but the eles and thiefs are better by far. It does dps with the sword but then again guard and warrior overcome the ranger by far.
It does some stealth but thief and mesmer are much more better than the ranger.

So at the end ranger is, again after the necro, the most difficult class to play in GW2 because it falls short in all categories.

I know that you play warrior and you want only an “smash all buttons game”, but that wasn’t intended by Anet. And the rangers mechanics tend to balance that.
You just can not go straight like a bull (I’ve kill some guardians that way.. ) and you have to be aware what kind of enemy you are playing against. Other players are not NPC you know….

If you want any proof of this I’m saying just think on this: There is not any ranger within the higher ranks in PvP or WvW. That should suffice.

So then again, before post this kind of things that are just so repetitive and boring AND everyody knows that you are someone owned by a ranger you should play and level up a ranger. THEN you will understand and actually appreciate when a ranger is capable to kill a warrior. Even a PewPew Ranger.

Most of the times would be like the guardian said: they will kill themselves.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Lets compare eviscerate to this.

Does it track through stealth? Nope.
Can you hit people from max range? Nope.
Does rapid fire require you to engage a target for an extended battle to build up energy to use it? Nope.
How many dodges stop an eviscerate? 1.
How many stop a rapid fire 3.
If I get out of range of a warriar can they use it? Nope.
Can I get out of range of a ranger…. Nope.

If you have a target and eviscerate it tracks through stealth if they stealth during the animation.

Eviscerate does all of its damage at once. You either avoid it all or take it all.

“Extended battle”. So lets around 5-10 seconds… That’s not very long.

And you can get out of range of a ranger. lol

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Does Rapid Fire allow you to clear up to 3 conditions when executed? Nope. Does it allow you crit 100% of the time when traited? Nope. Does it allow you to gain endurance when hit? Nope. Does it allow you to gain Quickness if you strike a foe below 50% health when traited? Nope. Does it remove Immobilize from you when used while traited? Nope.

I’m feeling good about my post too.

You’re up.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Thats a lot of words just to say you don’t know how to dodge OP

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Blah blah blah

Rofl. Seriously. ROFL!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I hate when I have to slot a utility/trait/weapon to counter something! wahhhh

Why my hundred blades eviscerate full zerk build not beat everything? waaahhh

in Ranger

Posted by: Lethal Njection.8741

Lethal Njection.8741

pew pew!

I save Ascalon against another Charr invasion, and my father trifles with doors!

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Same story. Same answers.

This is a L2P issue.

Move along.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

If you look hard enough, the terrain provides a lot of cover for you. Try apply FPS game logic when against a ranger.

Whenever a ranger pew pew me, i just do not waste my dodge, and run towards behind a rock or tree etc.

Hence, this is only a l2p issue.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Ranger

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

um, rapid fire does the same damage it did at release. The only change is it does it in half the time, making it twice as easy to dodge.

I agree that LB is probably finally at the right level but overall, ranger still needs buff to compete with the prevailing GWEN meta.

Specifically in WVW:

• pets are more of a liability than a benefit. easily the worst thing about the class.
  • traps need more range, one can’t make a competitive WVW build with current traits and only 600 range. range needs to increase or traits need to move/compress.
  • shout range is too small to be effective, especially when the amount of healing is fairly low as well.
  • spirits are worthless because they melt in a microsecond
downed state is bad for PVP

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I can tell you that the “Old Ranger” is much stronger than this so-called “stronger ranger”

1200 range shortbow with faster attack speed.
Easiest access to quickness (on pet swap), and quickness is 2x faster., combining with SB, stack up 25 stack of bleed in 3 seconds.
Pet that does around 10k damage with F2.
Spirits that’re immune to all conditions and tank like a boss.

This current ranger is finally on par with other zerker build.
And even after this “buff”, it’s still nowhere near as strong as what ranger used to be.
After every single tools of ranger been nerfed, they finally make one viable again.
Yet you want it nerf again, wth?

Not to mention this super-hard-to-dodge LB2 need to trait at least 6 points in it to be viable. (Need read-the-wind, eagle eye), and 4 more points to shorten it’s cd, that’s 10 points that put away from survivability. (or 11 if you want more damage)

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Most of the warriors not use there mobility engage they just run. Use your gs to charge. Whirlwind attack is a free dodge. And what if you use your bulls charge as a skill to hit and knock out the ranger.
What i see: warriors start to walk to me, i do the pewpew thing. Warrior finaly reach me, but he have 50% health. Warrior changes to gs, activates endure pain and uses bulls charge, rush, whirlwind, shield block to escape. Ofc he can, because i dont have that mobility. If warriors use all of this things to attack and dont flee we are in trouble.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

It’s amusing to see threads like these still pop up. Like Aomine said, the current ranger is a far cry from what it once was. There’s a reason we don’t see many, if any, rangers regularly in the top tier PvP teams. Longbow is not overpowered. Get over it and L2P.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: Vert.5041

Vert.5041

It’s amusing to see threads like these still pop up. Like Aomine said, the current ranger is a far cry from what it once was. There’s a reason we don’t see many, if any, rangers regularly in the top tier PvP teams. Longbow is not overpowered. Get over it and L2P.

Be kinder to this poor man. He has recently endured great pain in the form of a dry, no lube, bleeding anal tearing with the arrow of some AWESOME ranger.

To OP,

Listen my friend, I know your clenched little butt (w) hole hurts right now but I’ll teach you the way to never let someone prolapse your weak kitten in the future.

When you see the pew pew coming, reflect. If that is not possible or on cool down, dodge just once towards the ranger and put offensive pressure on them. This will prompt them to stealth or switch to GS.

If they are in GS, you switch to ranged option to kite until they try to go to longbow again, close gap and dodge to avoid the incoming knockback, switch to melee and stick tight to them. Now when they go to chanel rapid fire just 360 them and it’ll cancel the attack…Oops they are kittent.

You have now successfully learnt to counter the mighty pew pew. If this does not help, make a pew pew and just join us. You’ll surely learn to counter a ranger if you play one.

in Ranger

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

To be honest, ranger is just really unbalanced in 1v1’s. The quality of the ranger depends alot on the enemy build, for example gs warriors/thieves/dd ele can easily use gapcloser skills to get close, however there are also alot of builds/classes that do not have such ability, for example caster ele’s and powernecro’s, apart from the fact that the ranger often hits atleast 25% off the enemy his HP before he is able to react. Then when the ranger is still at 100% hp and 1900 range he is able to burn down the enemy before he can even attack incase he’s squishy builded.

I’m not claiming that ranger is OP in any way, i’m just saying that whenever a class gets an unfair advantage, in this case a very long range, it can be frustrating for enemy classes when they get beaten by some1 abusing this unfair advantage. It’s the same reason why we all hate thieves :P

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

To be honest, ranger is just really unbalanced in 1v1’s. The quality of the ranger depends alot on the enemy build, for example gs warriors/thieves/dd ele can easily use gapcloser skills to get close, however there are also alot of builds/classes that do not have such ability, for example caster ele’s and powernecro’s, apart from the fact that the ranger often hits atleast 25% off the enemy his HP before he is able to react. Then when the ranger is still at 100% hp and 1900 range he is able to burn down the enemy before he can even attack incase he’s squishy builded.

I’m not claiming that ranger is OP in any way, i’m just saying that whenever a class gets an unfair advantage, in this case a very long range, it can be frustrating for enemy classes when they get beaten by some1 abusing this unfair advantage. It’s the same reason why we all hate thieves :P

You are wrong. At everything.
Make a ranger and be happy.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Be kinder to this poor man. He has recently endured great pain in the form of a dry, no lube, bleeding anal tearing with the arrow of some AWESOME ranger.

No lube?! Mother of Melandru…

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

LB2 need to trait at least 6 points in it to be viable. (Need read-the-wind, eagle eye), and 4 more points to shorten it’s cd, that’s 10 points that put away from survivability. (or 11 if you want more damage)

Investing 6 points in marksmanship obviously makes the LB hit like a truck, but the weapon is fairly viable without it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjEq0yaDLesQ1agFhq1IwecHgAw95WCNdJjqC-TpBFwACuAAMOCA12fYxhAoaZAAPAAA

Was watching ROM having a go with this one on one of this livestreams, and had to test it myself just to get a feeling of how it is after playing condi builds for god knows how long. Enjoying it just as much as any of the builds investing 6 points in marksmanship.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Oh you again, this is the same guy who is unable to dodge Guardian GS #5 ‘Binding Blades’ and wanted it nerfed last year

9 Guardians later…

in Ranger

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

Actually i do have a ranger, i’m not claiming in any way that your class is OP or whatsoever i’m just saying that the ranger has a very big advantage/disadvantage against specific classes. And for that 2nd part, any WvW player knows it that there’s nothing more frustrating then a ranger/thief taking you insta down because you didn’t pay attention for a second while you were running to an objective.

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

in Ranger

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

1st im not defending rapid fire. I personally didnt want buffs to the offensive ability of the ranger, rather defensive.

For those saying it takes 2 dodges, traits or utility to avoid the damage of rapid fire. Was this different at any point in the game since release?

Three Minutes.

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Actually i do have a ranger, i’m not claiming in any way that your class is OP or whatsoever i’m just saying that the ranger has a very big advantage/disadvantage against specific classes. And for that 2nd part, any WvW player knows it that there’s nothing more frustrating then a ranger/thief taking you insta down because you didn’t pay attention for a second while you were running to an objective.

Always pay attention in PvP.

in Ranger

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

Hammer warriors destroy build diversity by making you bring stability/stunbreaks.
Condition builds destroy diversity because.you need condition clear.

/sarcasm

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

1st im not defending rapid fire. I personally didnt want buffs to the offensive ability of the ranger, rather defensive.

For those saying it takes 2 dodges, traits or utility to avoid the damage of rapid fire. Was this different at any point in the game since release?

Three Minutes.

Reflection.
Retaliation.
Land / trees / ambient creatures.

Three things off the top of my head on how to react when said ranger unloads rapid fire on you. Heck, most smart rangers won’t even unload RF on a idle player because the first reaction is typically to double tap / dodge….there goes rapid fire.

This is really a L2P issue like we all say. 1200 base, 1500 with trait range. Get over it already. It isn’t going to be adjusted because a vast majority of the player base already knows the dance involved with rapid fire.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Three Minutes.

Reflection.
Retaliation.

Three things off the top of my head on how to react when said ranger unloads rapid fire on you. Heck, most smart rangers won’t even unload RF on a idle player because the first reaction is typically to double tap / dodge….there goes rapid fire.

This is really a L2P issue like we all say. 1200 base, 1500 with trait range. Get over it already. It isn’t going to be adjusted because a vast majority of the player base already knows the dance involved with rapid fire.

I agree its a L2P Issue.

What I was trying to point out is -
The Range
The Damage
The Way to defend vs this channeled ability
Has been the same since the release of the game

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Three Minutes.

Reflection.
Retaliation.

I agree its a L2P Issue.

What I was trying to point out is -
The Range
The Damage
The Way to defend vs this channeled ability
Has been the same since the release of the game

True, I agree.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

many other skills that are channeled allow you to move

reggening 2 dodges of stamina takes around 20 seconds

reflections
pulls
knockdowns
knockbacks

forcing the ranger to either soak up your 15k crit hit eviscerate or dodge it, making the channeling stop,and the wave of arrows stop…

i do agree on the stealth thing. if you went stealth your arrows should shoot towards the place you used stealth..not follow something thats invisible

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

i do agree on the stealth thing. if you went stealth your arrows should shoot towards the place you used stealth..not follow something thats invisible

All channeled skills do this, and no, it shouldn’t be changed. If they did change it, thieves would essentially have a “hell no” button every time they get hit by a channeled skill.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

All it takes is a little awareness to check if a ranger has initiated Rapid Fire while you’re stealthing up. If so, just dodge. Maybe the thief should have stealthed sooner, before Rapid Fire was off of cooldown. A ranger can’t cast Rapid Fire on a target in stealth, so in that regard the thief is outplayed.

I do find it hilarious though that thieves have such a hard time when using d/p against Rapid Fire. Isn’t there an on demand interrupt that can be used to stop it? Or do they expect not to have to spend any initiative? Regardless, once a thief closes the gap it’s easy picking on a full glass ranger.

Being a thief and complaining about it is pretty much holding up a sign that says “I need to l2p”.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

All it takes is a little awareness to check if a ranger has initiated Rapid Fire while you’re stealthing up. If so, just dodge. Maybe the thief should have stealthed sooner, before Rapid Fire was off of cooldown. A ranger can’t cast Rapid Fire on a target in stealth, so in that regard the thief is outplayed.

I do find it hilarious though that thieves have such a hard time when using d/p against Rapid Fire. Isn’t there an on demand interrupt that can be used to stop it? Or do they expect not to have to spend any initiative? Regardless, once a thief closes the gap it’s easy picking on a full glass ranger.

Being a thief and complaining about it is pretty much holding up a sign that says “I need to l2p”.

That thing cost 4 initiative and d/p sucks with initiative good thieves save their initiatives to interrupt heals. Get it?:)

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

That thing cost 4 initiative and d/p sucks with initiative good thieves save their initiatives to interrupt heals. Get it?:)

rangers heal skill 6’s are weak , troll ungent countered by basic dps/duration condis(bleeds) without evades/block or crowd control its easly stopped and hp does not improve.
heal as on , is a spike heal (simple solution time attack spikes for after heal as one builds that use this generaly have normal regen that is counter by poison for a lesser heal 6.4k to 5.2isk sure you can interrupt it but is it worth it stop RF and just auto.)
healing spring (on point aoe healing weak start heal high regen / over time heal , apply a long term damaging effect or poison to reduce to a heal rate equal to troll ungent.
example warroir lb fire field is a perfect example to counter the heal and part of the regen.

use your interruptions and Dazes on RF to prevent a PDS combo chain because that leads to long range autos and that is worse than letting a ranger have free fire with RF.
prevent the RF he is force onto the defence and has one aoe that is easly countered on thief by using one dodge.

in simpler terms change your rotation of skills to deal with RF first.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Rapid fire shouldnt hit through stealth. its a load of bull. Also, no you can’t always dodge it. A smart ranger will always use rapid fire after a dodge roll so you can’t dodge the whole thing. Signet of stone is just kittened.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Rapid fire shouldnt hit through stealth. its a load of bull.

It a channeled skill and all channels skills behave that way, dodge, line of sight or to sum it up learn to play (as much as I hate the use of that term) But opinion could go in either direct it could be said that it is also bull that blocking a sneak attack doesn’t trigger reveal.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Rapid fire shouldnt hit through stealth. its a load of bull. Also, no you can’t always dodge it. A smart ranger will always use rapid fire after a dodge roll so you can’t dodge the whole thing. Signet of stone is just kittened.

This isn’t a rapid fire issue. All channeled skills will hit through stealth. Don’t stealth after the channel has started.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Seriously, this kind of thread pops up every time ranger’s have some sort of advantage. The old ranger’’s remember the crying when our pets could chase you across the BL, when catsassin was a thing, when SB was powerful, etc. etc.

Rapid fire is like the lamest crying yet. To even say that closing the gap is impossible is just dishonest.

Hopefully Anet ignores this crap, as we still do not see any rangers on successful pvp teams. That alone should tell you something.

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Blasphemy! You are a godlike mesmer, you shouldn’t have any problems with puny mortal rangers.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest