Ranged.... Rangers are Godly (better?)

in Ranger

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

So you using another weapon will make you versatile at 1500 range how?

Why do you have to be so obsessed about that 1500 range? Does that extra 300 range bother you that much? Like other classes just can’t close that close of a gap?

It’s not about closing the gap. It’s about what the extra 300 range means.

More targets hit with piercing arrows.
Able to stay out of combat area completely whilst still contributing.

The strategic value of the extra 300 cannot be seen in a duel situation. Look at all teh other aspects of the game.

Please, address this issue and explain it in your “soon to come” video. Perhaps some zerg footage of you killing off enemies with your barrage, the more the better, around 20 kills per hours of WvW is convincing enough to me(If you’re on a tier 1/2 server anyways), don’t forget to turn on in-game clock for that.

The video is coming. just finished casual run through Cof 2 to show that pets can be kept alive all the way through.

WvW video may be slightly tougher seeing as bottom tier there rent that many people. The zergs here don’t get that big (10-20 ppl) but I will try to get some footage when I can.

Citadel of Flames is old, you need to be running 55+ Fractals, or you’re just trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

I’ve run CoF before I had exotics, it isn’t a hard dungeon.

Not everyone in this game is a omfg pro elite wtf kinda person. People wanted to see a video where the pets don’t die and become ineffective in a dungeon I make one. Who said anything about high lvl fractals? We all know the issues with pets and summons in fractals.

What, did you think I wouldn’t make a video to show it couldn’t be done? how about you make some videos about how good you are. You seem to claim to be some pro who knows everything. lets see some videos then.

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Theoretically, any party make up could clear a dungeon reasonably fast. I know what you’re getting at though Kensai, GC zerk warriors used to farming cof path 1 would be in for a wake up call when trying some other dungeons—everyone is, ya know? Doesn’t matter what profession. Things are hard the first time you try them, right?

Question: do any of you guys make use of combo fields in dungeons as part of successful team play? In particular, ranger combo fields? Why or why not? Sorry to ask again, I’m genuinely curious and didn’t want to be left behind, being buried under the posts of people with agendas/debates.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Why do you have to be so obsessed about that 1500 range? Does that extra 300 range bother you that much? Like other classes just can’t close that close of a gap?

The strategic value of the extra 300 cannot be seen in a duel situation. Look at all teh other aspects of the game.

Please, address this issue and explain it in your “soon to come” video. Perhaps some zerg footage of you killing off enemies with your barrage, the more the better, around 20 kills per hours of WvW is convincing enough to me(If you’re on a tier 1/2 server anyways), don’t forget to turn on in-game clock for that.

The video is coming. just finished casual run through Cof 2 to show that pets can be kept alive all the way through.

WvW video may be slightly tougher seeing as bottom tier there rent that many people. The zergs here don’t get that big (10-20 ppl) but I will try to get some footage when I can.

Citadel of Flames is old, you need to be running 55+ Fractals, or you’re just trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

Not everyone in this game is a omfg pro elite wtf kinda person. People wanted to see a video where the pets don’t die and become ineffective in a dungeon I make one. Who said anything about high lvl fractals? We all know the issues with pets and summons in fractals.

What, did you think I wouldn’t make a video to show it couldn’t be done? how about you make some videos about how good you are. You seem to claim to be some pro who knows everything. lets see some videos then.

Because pets generally only die in Fractals. You’re trying to use old dungeons to prove everything is fine, and dandy with newer dungeons. That doesn’t work out.

At least stay UP TO DATE, with the content.

Where is your Ranger video of soloing Lupi?

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

Theoretically, any party make up could clear a dungeon reasonably fast. I know what you’re getting at though Kensai, GC zerk warriors used to farming cof path 1 would be in for a wake up call when trying some other dungeons—everyone is, ya know? Doesn’t matter what profession. Things are hard the first time you try them, right?

Question: do any of you guys make use of combo fields in dungeons as part of successful team play? In particular, ranger combo fields? Why or why not? Sorry to ask again, I’m genuinely curious and didn’t want to be left behind, being buried under the posts of people with agendas/debates.

Asking the guild who PvEs, they said no one takes Rangers, but yes they use Combo fields.

P.S. Half the guild asked why?

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Out of curiosity, what i the fastest time you have done in Arah with 5 warriors?

Top this with a single Ranger in a group.

11:21 second run in CoF, with all 5 Warriors.

I think you mean this one, under 6 minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unp5m7p3MrU

Oh wow lol, CoF path 2, I guess I asked for it, should have said no CoF ever. Sure, go ahead and finish your 2nd easiest dungeon run.

And bottom tier? I guess that explains why it’s so desperate that a ranger could be an important role in zergs.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Part of the problem with solo’ing lupi is how much effort it is jk. Seriously, you basically need a party to help you get there and that’s asking a lot. The last way to solo your way there that I knew of was nerfed away after the portal gun nerf. After that, expect to spend 12 hours practicing or longer. Strife025 mentions practicing for 11 hours before feeling like he was good at it. 11 hours of practice doesn’t mean warrior is sooo good I don’t think, rather, it means Strife or (insert soloist’s name here) isn’t just playing the ultimate of professions or whatever you might believe—they’re well practiced.

Edit: fixed typo

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

So going by this no class is effective as warrior is the only effective class.
Out of curiosity, what i the fastest time you have done in Arah with 5 warriors?

Comprehension again Kensai. I am saying that ranger is not as effective as warrior. In a dungeon situation. Not that all classes are not effective as warrior.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

What, in your opinion Swiftpaw, makes warriors more effective? Not that I am debating you. I’m just trying to see, in general, how people play and view professions.

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

Part of the problem with solo’ing lupi is how much effort it is jk. Seriously, you basically need a party to help you get there and that’s asking a lot. The last way to solo your way there that I knew of was nerfed away after the portal gun nerf. After that, expect to spend 12 hours practicing or longer. Strife025 mentions practicing for 11 hours before feeling like he was good at it. 11 hours of practice doesn’t mean warrior is sooo good I don’t think, rather, it means Strife or (insert soloist’s name here) isn’t just playing the ultimate of professions or whatever you might believe—they’re well practiced.

You’re the PvE Ranger, so if you thought you could do it, you would. If nothing more than to be able to say; “in your face”. The fact you havn’t tried it speaks volumes. Rangers in my guild who have tried, and said it isn’t possible, and our Necromancer got pretty darn close. You can’t keep using that excuse.

My guildmates are waiting for the why, to their answer.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

Because pets generally only die in Fractals. You’re trying to use old dungeons to prove everything is fine, and dandy with newer dungeons. That doesn’t work out.

errr so where is the video of an other class soloing lupicus? seriously, 2 videos now of trying to show warriors are the best class in the game? reality check, they aren’t. Oh no how can that be.. someone managed to solo lupicus with one and can do 20k hits with kill shot. Your just a clown.

And like i said. We all know the issue with fractals and pets and summons. There is an issue there. I do not sugar coat it and pretend like there is no issue with fractals. For those who do not run fractals. There are the normal dungeons.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

What, in your opinion Swiftpaw, makes warriors more effective? Not that I am debating you. I’m just trying to see, in general, how people play and view professions.

I stated this in a post a couple posts above.

It’s not so much a view as it just is.

I enjoy my ranger and prefer to play it over warrior in dungeons (warrior is extremely boring) but I am finding that in the majority of situations, warrior’s utility and damage is more useful for the party. One situation I find the ranger to actually out perform the warrior however is in the grawl shaman fractal where you need to kill the vets that push the villagers over the edge. A warrior cannot keep up with them and melee burst them down unless the rest of the party keeps a constant CC on them, where as the ranger can burst them down from range and provide muddy terrain and entangle to hold them in place. It’s one of the (very) few instances where I actually switch to my ranger to get the job done easier.

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Because PvE mobs are not players, especially dungeon bosses, they will not move out of damage on their own. Warriors, having hundred blade, the one single highest attack, low cool down, consistent damage of all professions, can deal the most damage. In a perfect world where every player knows the dungeon like the back of their hand, warriors(with the help of time-warp-profession) can clear dungeons most effectively. Of course, this is only optimal in a party with all very-experienced players.

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

errr so where is the video of an other class soloing lupicus? seriously, 2 videos now of trying to show warriors are the best class in the game? reality check, they aren’t. Oh no how can that be.. someone managed to solo lupicus with one and can do 20k hits with kill shot. Your just a clown.

And like i said. We all know the issue with fractals and pets and summons. There is an issue there. I do not sugar coat it and pretend like there is no issue with fractals. For those who do not run fractals. There are the normal dungeons.

So Rangers are reduced to not running Fractals, but can run the old dungeons, earning nothing, while everyone else can easily earn a full set of Ascended? Wow, just wow.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

You’re the PvE Ranger, so if you thought you could do it, you would. If nothing more than to be able to say; “in your face”. The fact you havn’t tried it speaks volumes. Rangers in my guild who have tried, and said it isn’t possible, and our Necromancer got pretty darn close. You can’t keep using that excuse.

Did they practice for a dozen hours like strife025 claimed it took him? Not tk take anything away from strife, he’s a heck of a player. Have warriors in your guild put in the time to practice that and then do it?

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

Comprehension again Kensai. I am saying that ranger is not as effective as warrior. In a dungeon situation. Not that all classes are not effective as warrior.

You clearly highlight the effectiveness of a class is due to how efficiently they can clear a dungeon. No class can clear a dungeon as quick as a warrior. Thus against a warrior all classes are inefficient.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

Did they practice for a dozen hours like strife025 claimed it took him? Not tk take anything away from strife, he’s a heck of a player. Have warriors in your guild put in the time to practice that and then do it?

The necromancer has put in roughly 12 hours, the Rangers gave up after 10. The Warriors see no need to do it since it has been proven a Warrior can do it. Our Mesmers have put in roughly 8 hours, but they’re not sure it is possible with the Mesmer either, and are losing interest. Our Guardians when asked, say; No, just no. Our guild leader has offered 1000g to the first class besides a Warrior who can do it.

You’re missing the point though, like usual.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

Oh and for the record. The cry about pets dying in dungeons was around BEFORE fractals was even released.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

The necromancer has put in roughly 12 hours, the Rangers gave up after 10. The Warriors see no need to do it since it has been proven a Warrior can do it. Our Mesmers have put in roughly 8 hours, but they’re not sure it is possible with the Mesmer either, and are losing interest. Our Guardians when asked, say; No, just no. Our guild leader has offered 1000g to the first class besides a Warrior who can do it.

A thousand gold you say? And you feel this challenge is skill independent? Interesting. Does anyone else feel like chiming in on this? Are you aware both theives and mesmers have demonstrated solos of Lupi and the videos are on youtube?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Giganticus-Lupicus-mesmer-solo

If it says bad link try copy/paste, hope that link works :p

1000 gold you say? Someone in your guild ought to practice and collect that bounty. Can I join your guild?

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

You clearly highlight the effectiveness of a class is due to how efficiently they can clear a dungeon. No class can clear a dungeon as quick as a warrior. Thus against a warrior all classes are inefficient.

I was making the comparison between one of the most efficient classes and one of the least. Sure warriors are the most effective at DPS and provide better utility than ranger, but a guardian provides better support utility (which compensates for the damage it lacks vs warrior) than a warrior and a mesmer provides a balance of good support and damage and an ele has a versatility (better than a ranger) that means it can quickly adapt to the situation with stronger heals or dps or CC and so on. If we only looked at damage, yes, nothing trumps the warrior.

But from a usefulness in groups relating to effectiveness perspective we look also at utility which is what makes other classes worth taking in dungeons also. If you cannot provide great DPS, then you should at least be able to provide great utility.

The ranger’s utility is not up to par with other classes.

The real point I’m trying to make is that ranger cannot provide enough utility to make it
1.) worth taking over any other class.
and
2.) make up for it’s poor damage.

You’re trying hard to make me sound like some warriors only leetist. My main is a Guardian and my secondary main is a ranger. I’m just letting you know the reasons why I stopped taking my ranger in dungeons even if it is my most enjoyable class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

A thousand gold you say? And you feel this challenge is skill independent? Interesting. Does anyone else feel like chiming in on this? Are you aware both theives and mesmers have demonstrated solos of Lupi and the videos are on youtube?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Giganticus-Lupicus-mesmer-solo

1000 gold you say? Someone in your guild ought to practice and collect that bounty. Can I join your guild?

It’s worth mentioning both mesmer and thief took significantly longer to do so.

Even more for the guardian who also showed how to do it (he used scepter, not melee).

Lupicus is fairly doable solo if you have ither a blink, immunities, or stability you can cycle in between his domes. Otherwise you need swiftness/speed increase and leaps to kite him.

The problem I’d see with the ranger solo is the lack of stability (you only have it on a long cd elite), and that they made the new lupicus immune to snares so the ranger can’t kite at pahse 3 so lupi won’t cast the dome on him. Granted, I think if you stay close enough to lupi he doesn’t cast the dome?

Either way, it would easily take a ranger about double or triple the clear time of a warrior or thief, and still considerably more than a mesmer.

The ranger has just terrible damage even when the pet can stay alive, because the highest numbers you’ll see on any ranger ability is a 17k rapid fire channel while other GC classes can do much more than that consistently than the ranger can+his pet. Most pets with 30 points at BM do around 8-9k crits in the best of circumstances having to use 60-120 second cooldowns, while classes like the mesmer and thief and warrior can do similar or larger bursts of damage far more consistently and their sustained matches or exceeds the ranger’s.

Despite that I still think the ranger is not as bad off as the necro. At least the ranger is wanted in fractals for search and rescue on jade maw. Nobody wants a necro for anything.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

It’s worth mentioning both mesmer and thief took significantly longer to do so.

Even more for the guardian who also showed how to do it (he used scepter, not melee).

Lupicus is fairly doable solo if you have ither a blink, immunities, or stability you can cycle in between his domes. Otherwise you need swiftness/speed increase and leaps to kite him.

The problem I’d see with the ranger solo is the lack of stability (you only have it on a long cd elite), and that they made the new lupicus immune to snares so the ranger can’t kite at pahse 3 so lupi won’t cast the dome on him. Granted, I think if you stay close enough to lupi he doesn’t cast the dome?

Either way, it would easily take a ranger about double or triple the clear time of a warrior or thief, and still considerably more than a mesmer.

The ranger has just terrible damage even when the pet can stay alive, because the highest numbers you’ll see on any ranger ability is a 17k rapid fire channel while other GC classes can do much more than that consistently than the ranger can+his pet. Most pets with 30 points at BM do around 8-9k crits in the best of circumstances having to use 60-120 second cooldowns, while classes like the mesmer and thief and warrior can do similar or larger bursts of damage far more consistently and their sustained matches or exceeds the ranger’s.

Despite that I still think the ranger is not as bad off as the necro. At least the ranger is wanted in fractals for search and rescue on jade maw. Nobody wants a necro for anything.

That’s interesting. I will have to toss up the idea that the time doesn’t matter when you solo. Why? Because in a group setting, things will shake out differently. Suddenly not everyone can wear full zerk and doge every attack because boss aggro is broken so often you never know where the attacks come from. Suddenly those utilties like search and rescue become options, as your group iterates on methods to efficiently beat the boss, getting better over time and eventually trying to work up to full zerk, if they can handle it. In my book, It’s more of a “whether you can do it pr not” thing because someone will always come by with a faster time and a new benchmark.

And it’s likely Lupi can be beaten on all professions. I’ve seen more difficult things done with less resources in the history of videogaming and with Lupi’s generous CD between attacks, I still maintain the belief that any player knowledgable or skillful enough can solo Lupi. Anyhow, enough forum writing for this week. I will see you all later! Happy hunting!

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

Oh and for the record. The cry about pets dying in dungeons was around BEFORE fractals was even released.

Show me. Most before Fractals were talking about WvW, and the massive AEs.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

If you solo Lupi as a Ranger, I’ll give you the 1000 gold.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

I was making the comparison between one of the most efficient classes and one of the least. Sure warriors are the most effective at DPS and provide better utility than ranger, but a guardian provides better support utility (which compensates for the damage it lacks vs warrior) than a warrior and a mesmer provides a balance of good support and damage and an ele has a versatility (better than a ranger) that means it can quickly adapt to the situation with stronger heals or dps or CC and so on. If we only looked at damage, yes, nothing trumps the warrior.

But from a usefulness in groups relating to effectiveness perspective we look also at utility which is what makes other classes worth taking in dungeons also. If you cannot provide great DPS, then you should at least be able to provide great utility.

The ranger’s utility is not up to par with other classes.

The real point I’m trying to make is that ranger cannot provide enough utility to make it
1.) worth taking over any other class.
and
2.) make up for it’s poor damage.

You’re trying hard to make me sound like some warriors only leetist. My main is a Guardian and my secondary main is a ranger. I’m just letting you know the reasons why I stopped taking my ranger in dungeons even if it is my most enjoyable class.

Rangers can bring a lot of CC and conditions. Sure a necro can bring more conditions but can it bring the same amount as a Ranger? CC, conditions, support all rolled into one.

Guardian has low burst but high support.
Warrior has high burst and low support (I’ve never seen someone spec for both on the same build)
Mesmers bring damage and conditions no support at all.
Engineers, cant say much haven’t touched one for months and its still low level. But Im sure it is still one extreme or the other.
Necro, lots of conditions and damage and low support.

To me it feels like current builds go from extremes. Your either tanky support, or you are DPS GC. i believe the Ranger is something in between. A versatile class that can do both at the same time and very well too.

For niche situations you can pick one class or the other, or one spec or the other to be “the most efficient”

What do Rangers bring to the team? to decrease the margin for error.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

$_$ are you serious? Is this just me or any ranger out there? What are the terms, what’s the catch?

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

$_$ are you serious? Is this just me or any ranger out there? What are the terms, what’s the catch?

if you spend time analysing the attack pattern of lupicus you will be able to do it. Just a matter if you have the patience to spend so much time and effort on it. And who knows if he will even give you 1000g for real.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

if you spend time analysing the attack pattern of lupicus you will be able to do it. Just a matter if you have the patience to spend so much time and effort on it. And who knows if he will even give you 1000g for real.

He’s got to be bluffing.

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

Rangers can bring a lot of CC

Define a lot please.

and conditions.

This could be fine, if there wasn’t a 25 stack limit on bleeds or vulnerability, and if you have a Elementalist, and/or Guardian in the group, they’ll keep “burning” up permanently. This leaves Poison, Weakness, both done better by a Necromancer, and Chill, done better by an Elementalist.

Sure a necro can bring more conditions but can it bring the same amount as a Ranger? CC, conditions, support all rolled into one.

The Necromancer has one spell that puts it above any other Condition build in the game, that is Epidemic. Why is that important? It can spread every condition from the original target, onto five other targets, this includes Confusion. This alone sets them apart from any other condition build. The Necromancer has all of the CC the Ranger does, plus multiple forms of Fear to their added arsenal.

This depends on build really. You should check out the Guardian of Lyssa.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/73978-guardian-of-lyssa-build-unkillable-self-healer-w-great-dps/

Warrior has high burst and low support (I’ve never seen someone spec for both on the same build)

What do you consider support? My Warrior does 20% less damage than a Glass Canon Warrior, and provided four boons permanently (Regeneration, Fury, Swiftness, and 3 Stacks of Might), while having the fastest rez capabilities in the game thanks to Fast Healer.

Again, what do you consider support? The Mesmer is needed for boon stacking, which allows them to double the duration of all boons placed on others thanks to Signet of Inspiration, which applies all boons on the Mesmer, to their group. Imagine how effective this is with Save Yourselves. If that isn’t enough support for you, all wrapped up in one utility skill, the Mesmer is the only class in the game that can HASTE their entire party.

Again, what do you consider support?[/quote]

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

He’s got to be bluffing.

Actually, I’m not bluffing. I’ve paid 400g to people I’ve lost duels to, while gaining 700g from people I’ve won duels against.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

Posted by: Exarthious.5792

Exarthious.5792

He’s got to be bluffing.

Actually, I’m not bluffing. I’ve paid 400g to people I’ve lost duels to, while gaining 700g from people I’ve won duels against.

Yes, he pays up. Don’t use this as another excuse as a reason not to back up absurd claims.

in Ranger

Posted by: LadyLad.1389

LadyLad.1389

He’s got to be bluffing.

Yes, he pays up. Don’t use this as another excuse as a reason not to back up absurd claims.

He pays up, dey just know they can’t deliver on their nonsense.

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

Both of them are people I’ve had to pay.

Exarthious can literally kill in seconds like he claims on the Thief, and LadyLad is ungodly hard to kill on the Necromancer.

I killed Exarthious’s Warrior though. <nudge>

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

Exarthious can literally kill in seconds like he claims on the Thief, and LadyLad is stupid hard to kill on the Necromancer.

kitten, I’m gonna try this now. Probably not possible but kitten gotta be in it to win it.

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

Exarthious can literally kill in seconds like he claims on the Thief, and LadyLad is stupid hard to kill on the Necromancer.

kitten, I’m gonna try this now. Probably not possible but kitten gotta be in it to win it.

Good luck. It will be a video worth watching.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Wow, 1000g? My Ranger is still only lvl 59 T_T

Hmm, if you beat me to posting a lupi solo vid, but I still make one, think you can throw me a pity 20g?

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

Rangers can bring a lot of CC

Define a lot please.

and conditions.

This could be fine, if there wasn’t a 25 stack limit on bleeds or vulnerability, and if you have a Elementalist, and/or Guardian in the group, they’ll keep “burning” up permanently. This leaves Poison, Weakness, both done better by a Necromancer, and Chill, done better by an Elementalist.

Sure a necro can bring more conditions but can it bring the same amount as a Ranger? CC, conditions, support all rolled into one.

The Necromancer has one spell that puts it above any other Condition build in the game, that is Epidemic. Why is that important? It can spread every condition from the original target, onto five other targets, this includes Confusion. This alone sets them apart from any other condition build. The Necromancer has all of the CC the Ranger does, plus multiple forms of Fear to their added arsenal.

This depends on build really. You should check out the Guardian of Lyssa.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/73978-guardian-of-lyssa-build-unkillable-self-healer-w-great-dps/

What do you consider support? My Warrior does 20% less damage than a Glass Canon Warrior, and provided four boons permanently (Regeneration, Fury, Swiftness, and 3 Stacks of Might), while having the fastest rez capabilities in the game thanks to Fast Healer.

Again, what do you consider support? The Mesmer is needed for boon stacking, which allows them to double the duration of all boons placed on others thanks to Signet of Inspiration, which applies all boons on the Mesmer, to their group. Imagine how effective this is with Save Yourselves. If that isn’t enough support for you, all wrapped up in one utility skill, the Mesmer is the only class in the game that can HASTE their entire party.

Again, what do you consider support?

[/quote]

1. A lot- Many

2. IF they had a Guardian in a group IF they had Necro in the group IF they had whatever in the group. Unless you control the composition of every party you are ever in then you will tailor it to specific needs. However, IF you don’t have a Guardian in the party IF you Don’t find a Necro. The Ranger can still bring all these CC on 1 toon, yes 1, not 5 different toons to compare, just 1 all in 1. This can free up other classes to perhaps use other builds. Especially useful when partied with PUGS. You wouldn’t have this problem because you re in a guild with lots of people. However, you are not everyone else.

3. Does every Necro use epidemic? hell not every necro will even play conditions. You speak as if every Necro in GW2 will all have the same build. They have conditions and CC, so do Rangers. Suddenly half way into a scenario (dungeon or what not) there is a requirement to do something else other than conditions. Can a condition necro do it? most likely, but will he be able to do it better than a Ranger in that time? no.

4. Checked it out. Interesting build. Nice choice of Rune synergy with elite. where does it say how high is its effective damage? and no please don’t quote potential damage. Those figures are just BS. It doesn’t look that much different to any other 0/0/30/30/0 AH build. Just an interesting rune set. I’ve mained as Guardian for 6 months. I should know.

5. 20% is a lot of damage.

6. 45 second cooldown. Must be timed with the Guardian to make it that effective. Will not work in a non organised team on VOIP basis. Actual effectiveness with standard server population, low.
Haste 1 minute cooldown for 5 second haste. Unless in an organised group with VOIP. Actual effectiveness with standard server population, medium. This is all the support mesmer brings to the party and it is better than Rangers? seriously? 2 situational skills.

Sorry but versatility wins hands down. there is no scenario where you have 1 of every class in the game in your party. There is no scenario where you have one of every class specifically spec with those traits in any scenario.

1 character has access to everything. There is only 1 scenario. 5 other characters will be better then that 1 character in 5 different separate scenarios. Doesn’t work that way.

Burn, chill, poison, weakness, vulnerability, bleed, cripple, entangle, regen, cures conditions, res dead people at range. All on one character. All on one spec. No other class can do this. The Ranger will perform well in EVERY scenario. this is an all round class. Versatile, range and melee, condition and power, attack and support.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

Any of you guys make team use of ranger combo fields in dungeons? Why or why not?

Why would you bring a ranger for combo fields? An ele would do it so much better.

This is kind of the over-arching issue with rangers. Nothing they do is unique and absolutely nothing they do is better than another class. Everything is either -sort of as good- or just plain worse.

This is why you have people stretching things like ‘oh well we apply cripple a lot!’ as some sort of support function. It’s just self serving bullkitten. ‘Oh well my doggy can knockdown’, at random times, with random amounts of success as well.

There is a reason everyone doesn’t want Rangers in dungeons. It’s not some baseless rumor. It’s just the simple truth, rangers are a waste of a spot compared to another class.

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

The Ranger will perform well in EVERY scenario. this is an all round class. Versatile, range and melee, condition and power, attack and support.

When ranger can use feedback/shield of the avenger/wall of reflection I’d have an easier time believing that.

in Ranger

Neb.4170

Burn, chill, poison, weakness, vulnerability, bleed, cripple, entangle, regen, cures conditions, res dead people at range. All on one character. All on one spec. No other class can do this. The Ranger will perform well in EVERY scenario. this is an all round class. Versatile, range and melee, condition and power, attack and support.

This is exactly what I am talking about. It’s just nonsense to make yourself feel better. There is ONE unique thing in that list, which is Search and Rescue. And a thief would be a better ‘clutch res class’ given the protection a stealth res has.

Everything else in that list? Isn’t just for rangers. I could make a necro that can do all of it, better.
Conditions? Better.
Regen? Mark of Blood/Well of Blood
CC/Slows? Better.
Clutch Team support? Plague form.
‘Range and Melee’? Better, Dagger/Dagger-Staff
‘Conditions and power’ See above.

The ranger will perform on a mediocre level in EVERY scenario inside a dungeon.

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

Any of you guys make team use of ranger combo fields in dungeons? Why or why not?

Why would you bring a ranger for combo fields? An ele would do it so much better.

This is kind of the over-arching issue with rangers. Nothing they do is unique and absolutely nothing they do is better than another class. Everything is either -sort of as good- or just plain worse.

This is why you have people stretching things like ‘oh well we apply cripple a lot!’ as some sort of support function. It’s just self serving bullkitten. ‘Oh well my doggy can knockdown’, at random times, with random amounts of success as well.

There is a reason everyone doesn’t want Rangers in dungeons. It’s not some baseless rumor. It’s just the simple truth, rangers are a waste of a spot compared to another class.

Every attack from a bow is a potential projectile finisher. Every swipe of the drake is a splash AoE finisher, GS finishers.. i am sure there are more.

Stand in a poison field. spread poison with every shot to whoever you hit at 1200 range. That’s powerful. The fact of applying conditions at 1200 is a very powerful tool. Conditions themselves is all well and good. But a condition you cant run from? much more powerful.

Team up with a Necro and there is no escape fro the conditions. You don’t even have to walk into the wells to be hit.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Neb.4170

Every attack from a bow is a potential projectile finisher. Every swipe of the drake is a splash AoE finisher, GS finishers.. i am sure there are more.

Stand in a poison field. spread poison with every shot to whoever you hit at 1200 range. That’s powerful. The fact of applying conditions at 1200 is a very powerful tool. Conditions themselves is all well and good. But a condition you cant run from? much more powerful.

Team up with a Necro and there is no escape fro the conditions. You don’t even have to walk into the wells to be hit.

See? No, you’re wrong. Projectile finishers aren’t powerful. They have a 20% chance of spreading a minor condition to a single target.

You’re just stretching things as much as you possibly can to convince yourself that you’re doing something amazing. You aren’t.

‘Every swipe of the drake’… what? The drake has a single blast finisher that cannot be timed and cannot be controlled.

GS has a leap finisher, great, you get a fire aura for 3 seconds. Huzzah. You are amazing now.

P.S. A necro doesn’t need you to do conditions. He’s got that covered just on his own. A necro wants a mesmer, not you.

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

The Ranger will perform well in EVERY scenario. this is an all round class. Versatile, range and melee, condition and power, attack and support.

When ranger can use feedback/shield of the avenger/wall of reflection I’d have an easier time believing that.

Now that’s just nit picking. Guardians have those skills because their range is terrible. That is their balance.

Why would a ranger need this? they aren’t supposed to be hit or absorb damage. Although they can go invulnerable for 6 seconds whilst shooting back, that count?

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

See? No, you’re wrong. Projectile finishers aren’t powerful. They have a 20% chance of spreading a minor condition to a single target.

You’re just stretching things as much as you possibly can to convince yourself that you’re doing something amazing. You aren’t.

‘Every swipe of the drake’… what? The drake has a single blast finisher that cannot be timed and cannot be controlled.

GS has a leap finisher, great, you get a fire aura for 3 seconds. Huzzah. You are amazing now.

P.S. A necro doesn’t need you to do conditions. He’s got that covered just on his own. A necro wants a mesmer, not you.

20% chance to spread a condition to a single target. How many shots are you doing with a bow? the condition will be cast on the target. How many different skills can you use from the bow? spread shot, rapid fire. You don’t have to aim at only 1 person either.

I definitely know im not doing anything amazing. this is what baffles me. This whole Ranger community is just dead. Just lifeless. All just want to be spoon fed by the Dev’s. Cry enough and they will give you another feed.

The Dev’s have in house balance testers who know the classes inside and out. Why haven’t the Dev’s buffed the hell out of the class? because those guys know their stuff and are either 1, on par or better than the other classes when they are testing. 2, the testers for the other classes are just that crap that they don’t see how rubbish the Ranger is claimed to be.

There must be something that those guys are doing right. We just have to find out what it is.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Not going to lie but, elementalist water fields are crap, pure and simple.

Neither have horrible radii and one is on a decent cooldown of 20 or less seconds…but you can’t effectively combo on a water combo field that last 2 seconds and the other last 6 seconds but has a cooldown of 48 or more seconds.

A.) You’re likely going to have the field covered in a curial moment by other fields.
B.) Only superior coordination will make effective use of it.

You’re better off trying to combo off an engi’s regen turret. Sure, the elementalist themselves can time their own combos in the field, but good luck popping 2+ combos off them with your team, which is what makes water fields good.

Also, I’m enjoying Ranger ice fields more than elementalist for several reasons:
A.) to get ice field for elementalist, you HAVE to use staff whereas you can just plop one into your utility bar for Ranger.
B.) you get it more often and it’s near instant. I use it in conjunction with GS swoop in close for an extra 10% damage redux along with my hound.

If you run scepter or dagger on elementalist, what combo fields? Fire? That it?

(edited by Leo G.4501)

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

but you can (kind of) control the drakes blast finisher. Pet swap. It will us its skill when it comes out.

GS leap finisher can be used for more then the fire field.

[Fissure of Woe]

in Ranger

LadyLad.1389

@KensaiZen

I’ve got over 900 hours on a Necromancer, and you are greatly misrepresenting my class in this thread. Please do the gaming community a favor, and quit talking about things you have no experienced with yet.

Thanks.

in Ranger

LadyLad.1389

@KensaiZen

You seem to be one of those people who loves to Theorycraft. That is fine, and I didn’t want to sound harsh like above. If you are going to Theorycraft, please show the courtesy to accept constructive criticism from players who have the experience you lack. It will make your future discussions much more enjoyable, rather than this mess.

Thanks, and enjoy.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Vote #1 “KensaiZen” to be our representative for the “Ranger Community”.

Agreed right….

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

Now that’s just nit picking. Guardians have those skills because their range is terrible. That is their balance.

Why would a ranger need this? they aren’t supposed to be hit or absorb damage. Although they can go invulnerable for 6 seconds whilst shooting back, that count?

Not really. These skills are beneficial to the whole party and some instances will make or break a team. As an example fotm 40+ Shaman fight at the end is sure alot easier with these skills than without, and if you have a poor team, without these skills they will never complete it. 6 seconds of invulnerability for your ranger is rather trivial in a group dungeon given that your ranger isnt doing much contribution vs other classes and should really switch that skill out for something more group focused to be beneficial.

in Ranger

KensaiZen.3740

@KensaiZen

You seem to be one of those people who loves to Theorycraft. That is fine, and I didn’t want to sound harsh like above. If you are going to Theorycraft, please show the courtesy to accept constructive criticism from players who have the experience you lack. It will make your future discussions much more enjoyable, rather than this mess.

Thanks, and enjoy.

Theres always a method to the madness

[Fissure of Woe]