Ranger Bug List

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Hydd.5172

Hydd.5172

Weapon Skills

• Ranged attacks often say ‘obstructed’ even when it’s clearly a landed hit
  • Longbow/Harpoon Gun don’t auto attack at max range (1500) with Eagle Eye.
  • Horn skill Call of the Wild (5) with autotargeting on will cause start autoattacking anything near
  • Horn skill Call of the Wild (5) gains 2 seconds from Off-Hand Training on the tooltip, but the duration is the same in real-time
  • Horn skill Hunter’s Call (4) can cause very odd graphic anomalies on enemies of specific sizes. More info here.
  • Spear Swirling strike is interrupted by the Stab chain if auto-attack is enabled
  • Sword’s Slash/Kick/Pounce chain will cause the player to be semi-rooted in place resulting in inability to dodge or readily reposition yourself (more info here and here)
  • Shortbow’s Quick Shot doesn’t always trigger the swiftness boon or move you backwards. More info here
  • Shortbow’s Crossfire (1)’s added delay as of the 10/7/12 patch is seemingly unintended. More info here
  • Shortbow isn’t affected by quickness correctly. More info here
  • Shortbow’s autoattack is auto-canceling since the animation fix. More info here
  • Greatsword’s Swoop (3) will often miss if the target is on a different elevation as you.

Gear

• Superior Rune of Dwayna 2 pc set bonus 20% to Rejuvenation Duration, does not apply to Healing Spring

Pets

• F2 ability response issue. More info here and here
  • Infinite Pet Buff Stacking. More info here
  • Infinite Porcine Forage. More info here.
  • White Moa’s Icy Screech (F2) tooltip reads “Screech to chill nearby foes.”, and shows that it gives 10 seconds (base amount) of Regen. Instead, the ability does AE damage and 1 second of chilled
  • Blue Moa’s Protecting Screech gives 4 (base) seconds of protection instead of the stated 10 (base) seconds
  • Many pets don’t do the correct amount of condition or boon intensity/duration. Will make a chart soon.
  • Jungle Spider/Black Widow’s Paralyzing Venom immobilizes for 2 seconds instead of the stated 2 second stun
  • Black Widow has only half the vitality as the other spiders
  • White Raven has 687 less vitality than the other birds
  • Other Ranger’s pets can trigger the ‘Charm’ option when you’re near them
  • Boon duration modifies pet’s tooltips, but not their actual ability. More info here.
  • Ranger pet names do not stay if you change a pet via the pet management window. More info here.
  • Pet agro doesn’t work correctly under many circumstances including pet type (more info here and here)
  • Player stats are not affecting your pets stats even though the tooltip states otherwise. More info here
  • Pets occasionally have a sound bug where they are incredibly loud.(Not just ranger pets)
  • Pets are unable to attack particiular world objects such as gates in WvW. More info here
  • Pets will often run infront of you (potentially in agro range) before stopping while following
  • Drakes do not use Tail Swipe or Chomp. Also, their autoattack does an unlisted AE. More info here
    *Spider’s Poison Blast causes projectiles to be obstructed. More info here
Hydd – 80 Ranger – Leader of Mortal
Ranger Bug List Sticky

(edited by Hydd.5172)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Hydd.5172

Traits

• Opening Strikes only gives vulnerable during certain circumstances. Most importantly is the minimum range of 900. More info here
  • Agility Training doesn’t give pets 30% movement speed. Only 14%~. Video located here
  • Trapper’s Defense has a 10~ second internal cooldown. Should be listed on the tooltip
  • Trapper’s Expertise causes the vulnerability portion of Opening Strikes not to proc on traps
  • Vigourous Renewal states “Gain vigor when using a heal skill”, this trait also gives vigor to any ally who is given regeneration by you (ie, with Healing Spring)
  • Off-Hand Training doesn’t increase the range of Stalker’s Strike or Call of the Wild
  • Circle of Life creates a Healing Spring on downed, not death as stated
  • Fortifying Bond only extends partial duration of boons. More info here
  • Master’s Bond resets when you transition from land->water even if it’s the same pet. More info here
  • Spotter has a bugged tooltip that shows the wrong roman numeral (II instead of VII) and it says “Might”
  • The following traits only work in combat: Spotter, Mighty Swap, Compassion/Concentrated/Expertise/Malicious Training, Companion’s Defense
  • Master’s Bond doesn’t include how much stat to your pet. Should read 6 stat per stack, max 25 stacks
  • Beastmastery trait line doesn’t show the correct amount of pet attribute, should be in increments of 10 instead of 1
  • Nature’s Vengeance does not increase the spirit’s activated ability size
  • Natural Healing heals yourself along with your pet, even though it’s stated that it only heals your pet
  • Moment of Clarity doesn’t give trigger the ‘Attack of Opportunity’. More info here
  • Trapper’s Expertise trap that is over 600 range away will trigger an initial pulse of damage then teleport to 600 range from your current position. More info here
  • Remorseless doesn’t regain Opening Strike after a kill
  • Nature Magic doesn’t affect Healing Spring’s tooltip, but it affects the actual regeneration duration.

Downed Skills

• Lick Wounds triggers non Ranger pets to resurrect you. More info here.
  • Lick Wounds doesn’t always work. More info here

Utility

• Signet of the Beastmaster’s effect on Signet of the Hunt doesn’t affect your damage (but, there is a graphically representation of the buff)
  • Signet of the Wild doesn’t show that it has a 12 second duration or how much more damage you do (I got ~22.22%)
  • Traps do not work in the sPvP map ‘Battle of Kyhlo’ clocktower. More info here
  • Search and Rescue will occasionally cause your pet to follow the ally it just resurrected indefinitely
  • Sharpening Stone will only apply 1 bleed on abilities that fire multiple projectiles (Splitblade, Poison Volley, etc), but use additional charges if hit
  • Signet of the Hunt’s activated buff wears off if you use any ability (damaging or not)
  • Spirits can be swapped for other skills while summoned if their activated ability cooldown is up
  • Rampage As One’s Stability portion of the buff is overwritten by other Stability buffs. More info here
  • Signet of the Wild activated portion with Signet of the Beastmaster doesn’t allow you to stomp downed enemies, rally allies or interact with environmental items. More info here
  • Entangle’s roots are unable to be attacked by ranged weapons.
  • Spirits disappear when you enter water
  • Entangle often doesn’t root all enemies near you. May be due to an unknown max participants limit.
  • Offhand Training provides 2 different cooldowns for Call of the Wild. More info here
  • Entangle isn’t affected by condition damage. More info here.
  • Spirit of Nature should specify the status of the recipient (downed/dead)
Ranger Bug List Sticky

(edited by Hydd.5172)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Jodiug.9713

Jodiug.9713

Nice list. I’d like to add this one, can anyone double check to confirm?

The 5th skill of axe (last offhand skill) is Whirling defense. It is a combo finisher which is supposed to shoot out bolts in a combo field. The heart appears, but it doesn’t shoot any bolts.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Zubey.6172

Zubey.6172

Black Widow has lower stats than other spiders.

Transitioning from land to water (or vice versa) with an amphibious pet loses all stacks of the Master’s Bond trait

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Faolchu.1629

Faolchu.1629

Great job so far, those are some of my pet peeves too.
I’ll continue on with some more…

Weapons
Axes
2 – cone bleed has times where if fires just to the right or left of hand rather than center cone which it does sometimes as well. But the off center makes the shotgun affect of landing max bleeds very difficult to land sometimes.

1h Swords
Majority of the time you get locked into auto attacking unable to proc non wep skills or dodge. The auto attack a lot of the time has difficulties hitting moving targets and other times let’s you hop like a rabid bunny a few times over great distances so its a bit inconsistent.

Horn
Sometimes the birds that are summoned are massive, comparable to oak hearts in size.

Downed
Resing others you sometimes get stuck unless you use a skill. You are unable to move or dodge sometimes.

Traits
Spotter also affects you, only active during combat, and shows as might buff rather than spotter, all lacking from tool tip.

Master’s bond adds 6 all stats per stack, 150 max, should be in tool tip.

Beast mastery line says plus one pet stat, its actually 10 to all, max 300.

Predator’s instinct is a 2sec Cripple (lacking tool tip), other classes have 5secs on comparable traits.

Pets prowess isn’t at 30% per tool tip, my calc it was roughly between 20 and 22.

Moment of clarity needs tool update.

Expertise training needs tool update with specifics.

Hide in plain site dies not always trigger and sometimes will trigger during 1h sword auto attack animation which will break as the animation ends. No way to stop mid animation to get full affect.

Enlargement needs a tool update stating damage increase and stability as well as duration.

Instinctive bond tool tip does not say duration or cd though there are. Recently fixed.

Skills
Muddy terrain doesn’t always immobilelize upon creation even at point blank range.
Entangle, some classes can just flash (lack of better comparison) out.

Pets
Don’t grow in size as they level. (I know not a real bug but it should be fixed. They are too dang Small!)

Pets will sometimes just stop auto attacking and sit next to the mob not doing anything. Happens quite often for sharks but also happens for other aquatic and terrestrial pets.

Pets have extremely hard time hitting moving targets due to ramp up animations on all atk and auto atk.

Pets cannot follow over cliffs etc. They will run around grabbing agro of everything on the way.

The Hyena’s power stat is glitched. It is less than half of all other dog types. All other stats match.

Texting from phone right now. I’ll edit more when I get home as I’ve submitted alot to support via interface and check for fixes after each patch.

“Significant ranger improvements coming in the next patch. "-Jon Peters, Nov. 2012…

(edited by Faolchu.1629)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Lediath.7593

Lediath.7593

phenomenal list!!!

this should be stickied

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: xerxys.2635

xerxys.2635

have u noticed the conditions like bleeding and poisoning applies to everything, like earth elementals and sparks lol. it’s good, becouse helps with the damage but it’s also very strange.
probably they will nerf i soon. oupsssss……

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: spoodigity.4321

spoodigity.4321

May or may not be a bug but the shout Guard gives pet 10 seconds of stealth but the stealth breaks as soon as it attacks.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Faolchu.1629

have u noticed the conditions like bleeding and poisoning applies to everything, like earth elementals and sparks lol. it’s good, becouse helps with the damage but it’s also very strange.
probably they will nerf i soon. oupsssss……

Yeah but that is a game functionality bug, not specific to rangers.
I submitted it a couple of times during beta since It didnt follow the flow.from part 1.

The fact they kept it in most likely was intentional due to ma to of those types in the game and removing it would narrow builds even further for classes like our rangers whom have arguably only two main builds, one being the statuses build. I wouldn’t mind if they did fix it though.

“Significant ranger improvements coming in the next patch. "-Jon Peters, Nov. 2012…

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Hydd.5172

The 5th skill of axe (last offhand skill) is Whirling defense. It is a combo finisher which is supposed to shoot out bolts in a combo field. The heart appears, but it doesn’t shoot any bolts.

As far as my testing went, it worked. Remember you have to actually reflect projectiles to get combo finisher.

Black Widow has lower stats than other spiders.

Transitioning from land to water (or vice versa) with an amphibious pet loses all stacks of the Master’s Bond trait

Added both. Good finds.

I’ll continue on with some more… snip

Holy long list batman! I added a few that were legitimate Ranger bugs and not suggestions.

May or may not be a bug but the shout Guard gives pet 10 seconds of stealth but the stealth breaks as soon as it attacks.

There is definitely something odd about guard. I don’t feel that it breaking stealth on attack is a bug, but I also don’t feel that it’s fulfilling any legitimate role besides afk farming or putting pets on top of keeps!

Ranger Bug List Sticky

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Speno.1874

Speno.1874

Utility :
Lightening reflexes is bugged 50 percent of the time you will break a stun but not evade backwards. Instead you stand right where you were and get continue to get pounded on.

“Red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night.”
Leader of Steadfast
Current Boris Pass , Formerly pre launch HOD

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Munki.9452

Munki.9452

Unless it’s been fixed recently (haven’t checked in a little while), the White Raven has half the vitality of the other birds.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: VooDooU.4891

VooDooU.4891

I’ll continue on with some more…

Weapons
Axes
2 – cone bleed has times where if fires just to the right or left of hand rather than center cone which it does sometimes as well. But the off center makes the shotgun affect of landing max bleeds very difficult to land sometimes. (I use axe/warhorn approx 80% of the time and have never seen this occur)

Horn
Sometimes the birds that are summoned are massive, comparable to oak hearts in size.
(specifically on sparks and something else.. gah cant remember perhaps trolls?)

Traits
Spotter also affects you, only active during combat, and shows as might buff rather than spotter, all lacking from tool tip.(it is supposed to affect you so its just the tooltip that needs updating)

Pets (all these need to be added to the list!!)
Don’t grow in size as they level. (I know not a real bug but it should be fixed. They are too dang Small!)

Pets will sometimes just stop auto attacking and sit next to the mob not doing anything. Happens quite often for sharks but also happens for other aquatic and terrestrial pets.

Pets have extremely hard time hitting moving targets due to ramp up animations on all atk and auto atk.

Pets cannot follow over cliffs etc. They will run around grabbing agro of everything on the way. (they used to in beta)

my updates to the post are in bold.. sry its sorta hard to see. To OP thank you so much for the list!

(edited by Moderator)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: spoodigity.4321

spoodigity.4321

Utility :
Lightening reflexes is bugged 50 percent of the time you will break a stun but not evade backwards. Instead you stand right where you were and get continue to get pounded on.

This is because you’re affected by immobilize probably which is a condition, not a stun. I think it should break it though.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

I don’t think Protect Me not absorbing condition damage is a bug. Most other damage immunity abilities in the game also don’t affect condition damage. (Ele’s Mist Form, for example.)

One bug to add to the list: Signet of Renewal’s Active ability only seems to work about 50-60% of the time, even with an active pet. Need to do further testing to be sure this isn’t an issue with the pet’s distance from the ranger on use, but I don’t think that’s the case.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Hydd.5172

Unless it’s been fixed recently (haven’t checked in a little while), the White Raven has half the vitality of the other birds.

Added.

I don’t think Protect Me not absorbing condition damage is a bug. Most other damage immunity abilities in the game also don’t affect condition damage. (Ele’s Mist Form, for example.)

I hear you here. The reason I put it on the list was due to the wording of the ability AND the fact that you need an active pet to stop attacking and run to you for it to work. As reference “Instead of attacking, your pet will protect you by absorbing all damage you would take.”

You’re most likely right though, would love to get a dev response on a few of these issues (especially in patch notes!).

Ranger Bug List Sticky

(edited by Hydd.5172)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

After testing all the F2 skills.

• Lynx F2 bleed skill adds 4 stacks, the skill says 2.
  • Alpine Wolf’s F2 skill lasts around 3 seconds, the skill says 4½.
  • Snow Leopards F2 skill says it lasts 2,1/4 seconds, but it’s actually 7 seconds.
  • Marsh Drakes F2 poison skill lasts for 13 seconds while the skill says 3½ seconds.
  • Blue Moas F2 skill lasts about 4 seconds, the skill says 10 seconds.
  • White Moas F2 skill says it’s a regeneration skill, when it’s a chill skill. Also, the duration of the skill is only lasts around 1 second, which is extremely short for a chill effect.
  • Black Bears F2 skills says it lasts for 11,1/4 seconds, but it’s closer to 10 seconds.
  • Arctodus F2 bleed skill doesn’t say that it adds 2 stacks.
  • Lashtail Devourers F2 bleed skill doesn’t say it adds 6 stacks.
  • It doesn’t say how long the Hyenas F2 skill lasts.
  • Owls F2 skill lasts around 5 seconds, the skill says 3½.
  • The Eagles F2 bleed skill doesn’t say it adds 2 stacks (same with the Hawk).

Using Bonfire with the axes Ricochet doesn’t work at every throw, even though it says “Burning”. Further more, using Throw Torch on a mob, and then following it up with the Bonfire-Ricochet combo, very rarely makes the burning stack in duration. It’s the same when using Bonfire with a longbow; the burning doesn’t seem to stack, but times out instead and then restarts upon the next hit.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Faolchu.1629

I’ll do more test on the axe bleed when I get home from work but my only ranged wep is the axe (cuz I’m a rebel like that lol) so this became very apparent. I already ruled out latency or graphic drag as I have a norm of about 65 fps at max settings with a 30 to 35 latency. I also got it to trigger at lowest settings as well. I’ve had it occur while moving in all directions especially running forward in a straight line to close gap to get most the affect but when it fires a step to the right/left of my hand it only gets 3 bleeds instead of 5. I’ve also had it while standing static as well so ill try to determine a pattern.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Ickorus.4518

Ickorus.4518

Downed skill 3 ‘Lick wounds’ has a 50/50 chance of working, if that.

My pet regularly simply stands on top of me and does nothing which has lost me more than my fair share of fights, this coupled with F2 skills not working when I want them to can make my playing experience extremely frustrating.

Guild: Afterlife [AFTL] (Piken Square)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Faolchu.1629

My pet regularly simply stands on top of me and does nothing which has lost me more than my fair share of fights, this coupled with F2 skills not working when I want them to can make my playing experience extremely frustrating.

That actually may be contributed to any aoe no matter how small.
As you stop channeling heal when downed at the slightest touch your pet seems to sometimes follow that pattern instead of the being able to channel through the pain as a person trying to res you.

Hopefully, if its a mob and they stay focused on you with single target stacks you may live but any aoe or especially in pvp if your pet feels a strong enough breeze while standing on top of you, the skill channel will break

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Ickorus.4518

Ickorus.4518

As you stop channeling heal when downed at the slightest touch your pet seems to sometimes follow that pattern instead of the being able to channel through the pain as a person trying to res you.

Hopefully, if its a mob and they stay focused on you with single target stacks you may live but any aoe or especially in pvp if your pet feels a strong enough breeze while standing on top of you, the skill channel will break

Thing is, I’ve been able to have him channel through a huge amount of punishment before and at other times when I’m totally alone he’ll do nothing.

Guild: Afterlife [AFTL] (Piken Square)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Faolchu.1629

I was agreeing with you essentially
It seems that they randomly choose to act like a real res or your channeled downed self res.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Hyperkinetic Rabbity Thing.7210

Hyperkinetic Rabbity Thing.7210

I have never seen my pet stop healing me once it started unless it is killed during the process. If it is knocked away, it returns and continues healing.
What I did notice is that it seems to be affected by whether the pet was alive or not when you activate the skill. If dead, the skill will revive the pet, and it will come over, but it won’t heal you.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Faolchu.1629

Haha see I’ve had the exact opposite experiences, I’ve had many pets heal after the auto res. But to be safe I try to do a quick pet switch before triggering it. It let’s the zypher from the switch enhance the res speed.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Hydd.5172

There has been a huge issue with ‘Lick Wounds’ since the patches that affected ranger pets. When I was leveling up it was faithful in letting my pet come give me some healing, but as of late it’s as Ickorus.5418 stated, a 50/50 chance.

Another issue with ‘Lick Wounds’ is the fact that other summoned pets come to res you as well. For example, try the racial abilities such as ‘Call Wurm’, ‘Summon Fern Mastiff’, etc and use ‘Lick Wounds’. It’ll come to attempt to resurrect you!

Adding these goofy bug to my list.

Ranger Bug List Sticky

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: bhex.6812

bhex.6812

Long Bow auto-attack doesn’t work at max range with Eagle Eye so you have to keep clicking 1 repeatedly. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eagle_Eye

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Infuser.9685

Infuser.9685

I dont know if u noticed but con removal from pet dosnt work, just as signet that pulls all con to pet. Just as passive on that same signet that removes one con every 10 sec.

From my experiance those con removals work only for things like stuns/sners/roots but not for DOTs.

So basicly if u get DOT in pvp ur dead.

U L L
80 lvl Norn Ranger
Seafarer’s Rest

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: spayced.2016

spayced.2016

- Nature’s Boon is supposed to increase regeneration duration by 33%, but it doesn’t increase the duration of troll ungent. Troll ungent doesn’t apply a regen boon but it’s description says “regenerates health.”

- Hide in Plain Sight applies camouflage to your pet when it is knocked down/stunned as well.

- This only happened once but Search and Rescue on a downed ally caused my pet to stick to that ally after rezzing until I switched pets out. It looked hilarious.

Paper is fine. Nerf rock.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Hydd.5172

Long Bow auto-attack doesn’t work at max range with Eagle Eye so you have to keep clicking 1 repeatedly. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eagle_Eye

I’ve seen this too. Although, at 1500 range, all of my longbow/harpoon gun skills show that they’re out of range but still manage to land attacks. Adding to the list!

I dont know if u noticed but con removal from pet dosnt work, just as signet that pulls all con to pet. Just as passive on that same signet that removes one con every 10 sec.

From my experiance those con removals work only for things like stuns/sners/roots but not for DOTs.

I’ve just confirmed that Signet of Renewal does indeed, convert DOTs conditions such as burns, bleeds or poison. Maybe you’re pet isn’t close enough to you? Try to isolate the issue and I’ll put it on the list.

- Nature’s Boon is supposed to increase regeneration duration by 33%, but it doesn’t increase the duration of troll ungent. Troll ungent doesn’t apply a regen boon but it’s description says “regenerates health.”

Nature’s Boon is working as intended. It increases the duration of the boon ‘Regeneration’, not the heal over time affect of Troll Unguent. Check the wiki on it here.

- Hide in Plain Sight applies camouflage to your pet when it is knocked down/stunned as well.

Just tested this via NPC’s and during PvP. Not working for me. My bear would hit the ground or get stunned but no camouflage. Try to replicate and isolate the issue. If you can find out how it’s happening under specific circumstances we can add this.

- This only happened once but Search and Rescue on a downed ally caused my pet to stick to that ally after rezzing until I switched pets out. It looked hilarious.

Again, just tested this and no dice. Sounds like you had a lot of odd bugs!

Ranger Bug List Sticky

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Panda.9487

Panda.9487

I have a possible weapon bug to discuss as well. For the Ranger’s Underwater Speargun, Skills 1 and 2 do nearly no damage at all. I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but this is the main reason why I do not use the Ranger’s Speargun at all. Nearly all other weapons of any class, the auto attack skill usually does more damage than the other 4 skills available.

Another bug I would like to report is that the Ranger’s trait skill, “Moment of clarity,” doesn’t work when I have tested it. I don’t even know if it procs if the Ranger interrupts the enemy or if the enemy interrupts the ranger. Attack of Opportunity could also be more defined because some sites have discussed that the next attack does 150% damage and after some testing, I have found no conclusion for this basis.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: LeX.6590

LeX.6590

The option to “Charm” appears on screen sometimes when near another player’s pet.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Faolchu.1629

So after thorough testing to get the axe cone bug to trigger it seems it was fixed it was fixed as of last nights patch.

Side note, ow I’m getting random crashes I’ve never gotten before so something to look forward to lol.

BTW you still haven’t added the Hyena power stat bug to the list which is still bugged as of this morning.

Do it to it lars!

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Hydd.5172

I have a possible weapon bug to discuss as well. For the Ranger’s Underwater Speargun, Skills 1 and 2 do nearly no damage at all. I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but this is the main reason why I do not use the Ranger’s Speargun at all. Nearly all other weapons of any class, the auto attack skill usually does more damage than the other 4 skills available.

Remember, the Speargun has a very fast auto attack and is an AE bleed. I agree that it feels awkward when using it. Especially for a Power/Precision longbow build that it’s traits synergize with.

Another bug I would like to report is that the Ranger’s trait skill, “Moment of clarity,” doesn’t work when I have tested it. I don’t even know if it procs if the Ranger interrupts the enemy or if the enemy interrupts the ranger. Attack of Opportunity could also be more defined because some sites have discussed that the next attack does 150% damage and after some testing, I have found no conclusion for this basis.

I haven’t seen it work either to tell you the truth. Soon I’ll make a guildie join me in sPvP for some hardcore testing. If it comes out looking bugged, I’ll toss it on the list.

The option to “Charm” appears on screen sometimes when near another player’s pet.

I have seen this as well. Adding.

BTW you still haven’t added the Hyena power stat bug to the list which is still bugged as of this morning.

I’m just about 100% sure it’s intended. Remember, the Hyena F2 summons another ally. If they both fought with the power as a regular dog, you’d run into some balancing issues.

Ranger Bug List Sticky

(edited by Hydd.5172)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Faolchu.1629

I doubt it, because then you are saying a hyena can only be as good as any normal hound type once every two minutes? The summon only auto attacks for lesser strength as the main. If it did same damage and used the same skills then maybe.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: SatyrBuddy.1586

SatyrBuddy.1586

Natures Vengeance did not increase the size of the ability as stated.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Hydd.5172

I doubt it, because then you are saying a hyena can only be as good as any normal hound type once every two minutes? The summon only auto attacks for lesser strength as the main. If it did same damage and used the same skills then maybe.

Not sure where you got the 2 minute number. It has an untraited 45 second cooldown and don’t forget that during that 45 seconds your hyena ally is up and fighting for you. Another thing, if you swap pets their cooldowns are reset so waiting for the 45 seconds is probably less efficient if you’re pet swapping a lot.

Also, it does do the same abilities but at about half damage. I just had my Hyenas both knock down somebody consecutively!

Natures Vengeance did not increase the size of the ability as stated.

You are correct. Adding now.

Ranger Bug List Sticky

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

Lick Wounds downed state: My pet always attacks me rather than heals me. (Red numbers and health drops. NOT dotted or being attacked in any way) Happens to my ranger friends too. I have also seen it happen to other downed rangers. Even the animation is them being attacked by their own pet.

Currently using jaguar and snow leopard.

SOR – [Boss]

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: thenewzero.7246

thenewzero.7246

Nature’s Bounty (+33% regeneration duration) doesn’t seem to actually do anything for me. It doesn’t increase the duration of the regen effect from Healing Spring, and it doesn’t seem to increase the Regeneration effects pets can do either. Do we even have another way to actually apply the Regeneration boon?

I think what might be happening is that it isn’t stacking with the passive Boon duration bonus from the trait line. So if you have 30 points in Nature Magic, you are only getting +3% duration from it. When I just do 10 points and take it, the counter shows 4 seconds for a brief moment when I step into my healing spring.

Also noticed that the tooltips for pets say their boons and conditions go up in duration with things like the passive trait line bonuses and gear bonuses, but they don’t actually seem to gain anything. With 30% from Nature Magic, and several gear bonuses, my Fern Hound says he has a 16 second duration on his Regen howl, but it still only lasts 10 seconds. Not sure if it’s a tooltip issue and the pets shouldn’t gain duration with my stats, or if it’s bugged and they should be getting it (I hope the latter).

(edited by thenewzero.7246)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

http://i.imgur.com/oyazH.jpg

^ Giant hawks as described (bug).

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Grim.3487

Grim.3487

Anyone else experienced longbow/shortbow autoattack “hangs”. It continues to pick targets at random when having killed/deselected the previous target. Got to press escape to stop “fight mode” or whatever casuing it. This might be a more general bug though if it happens on scepter etc also.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Mestev.2463

Mestev.2463

Ok I have had this happen often enough to think it’s a bug, Shortbow “Quick Shot” will not always result in retreating backwards at times. I just jump up in same spot without actually moving and this is when I do not have have any bind or tarren issues.

Nature Magic 5 point trait ability gain regeneration when health reachs 75% doesn’t seem to trigger very often escially if you suffer big damage and doesn’t stack with Signet of the Wild.

Oakheart Salve also doesn’t tigger regeneration if you have Signet of the Wild up even though you are in fact either bleeding, poison, or burning. Some times doesn’t tigger on it’s own without having Signet of the Wild up.

Oh and why do our pet names keep reverting back to Juvenile? Seems at some random point it just changes back to it’s default name.

(edited by Mestev.2463)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: JanoRis.8703

JanoRis.8703

Uhm…wouldn’t this be more useful in the bugs section? And not in the discusssion section? I think that we have higher chances of seeing fixes from threads in the bugs section.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

This is a fine place for this. I’ll get it stickied like the others. Thanks for your patience, these fixes will take some time to do, and about a week to test. They won’t all happen at once as we try to push through fixes ASAP.

Jon

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Marsh.7214

Marsh.7214

Unless they fixed it since last night pet names still arent sticking if you try to swap a pet from ‘storage’ to one of your two ‘active’ slots. Upon entering storage the name is lost. Also if you swap your pets it locks the two ‘active’ pets and prevents you from being able to bring any out of ‘storage’. It doesn’t seem to unlock unless you restart the game client.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: ChrisP.4386

ChrisP.4386

Not sure of this a true bug or if it’s ranger only, but I’ve had an autotarget issue of the game selecting a non-hostile creature to attack (yellow text) instead of the hostile (red text) directly in front of me. I frequently am directly facing a charging enemy and hit ‘1’ on my bow only to have my arrow shoot off left or right and hit a moa or some such. Not sure if it’s related to proximity, but autotarget should never pick a non-hostile, imho.

Feel free to move this to a generic bug thread if appropriate.

Terryn Deathward
Footsteps of War [FoW]
Yak’s Bend

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: moonslightv.6704

moonslightv.6704

Ranger pet names do NOT stay. I have posted this before but i’ll try to explain it. If I place a name on say a bear and then change the bear to a wolf under pet management the name resets back to “juvenile blah blah blah animal” the names WILL stay if I just use the pet swap option between the current active pets.

I know this isn’t a big issue what with all the skills and traits needing fixing, but its a bummer if I come up with a great name for the pet only to have it vanish and then having to try and remember it again.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Hydd.5172

It seems I’m unable to edit my posts or quote anyone at the moment. Have a thread here in regards to what is happening.

As soon as I’m able, I’ll reply and edit the list.

Edit: it’s working again!

Nature’s Bounty (+33% regeneration duration) doesn’t seem to actually do anything for me. It doesn’t increase the duration of the regen effect from Healing Spring, and it doesn’t seem to increase the Regeneration effects pets can do either.

It should increase the regeneration duration of your Healing Spring. Go to the Mists and watch what the max duration of regeneration is with and without Nature’s Bounty. With a base of 10% boon duration from the Nature Magic trait line, you should see a 10 second peak with Nature’s Bounty verse a 4 second peak without.

Sadly, it doesn’t increase the duration of our pet’s regeneration.

Do we even have another way to actually apply the Regeneration boon?

No.

Also noticed that the tooltips for pets say their boons and conditions go up in duration with things like the passive trait line bonuses and gear bonuses, but they don’t actually seem to gain anything. With 30% from Nature Magic, and several gear bonuses, my Fern Hound says he has a 16 second duration on his Regen howl, but it still only lasts 10 seconds. Not sure if it’s a tooltip issue and the pets shouldn’t gain duration with my stats, or if it’s bugged and they should be getting it (I hope the latter).

Very much bugged. Adding this to the list.

I can confrim this bug. I used Shortbow and nothing else for the first part of my gameplay (got the finishing kill achivement with it before lvl 30 actually) and Quick Shot malfunctions quite a lot. The bug seems to occur in three different “flavours” so to speak.
snip

Could you upload a youtube video of this happening? I’m unable to replicate it myself.

Not sure of this a true bug or if it’s ranger only, but I’ve had an autotarget issue of the game selecting a non-hostile creature to attack (yellow text) instead of the hostile (red text) directly in front of me. I frequently am directly facing a charging enemy and hit ‘1’ on my bow only to have my arrow shoot off left or right and hit a moa or some such. Not sure if it’s related to proximity, but autotarget should never pick a non-hostile, imho.

I turned autotargetting off during the beta weekend and never looked back. The horn skill “Call of the Wild” will auto target a nearly neutral mob and agro it. Was terribly annoying while leveling. Although, I’ll have to hold off on adding this bug for now. Not Ranger specific.

Ranger pet names do NOT stay. I have posted this before but i’ll try to explain it. If I place a name on say a bear and then change the bear to a wolf under pet management the name resets back to “juvenile blah blah blah animal” the names WILL stay if I just use the pet swap option between the current active pets.

Added.

Ranger Bug List Sticky

(edited by Hydd.5172)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Hydd.5172

Oh and,

http://i.imgur.com/oyazH.jpg

^ Giant hawks as described (bug).

Totally added! Haha!

Ranger Bug List Sticky

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

I was fooling around with Malicious Training/Expertise Training (the ones that affect pet conditions) with a brown bear pet on the heavy armor target dummy in heart of the mists, they do work. When using Crippling shot from the short bow, the bears bleed damage was about 42 for 5 seconds without either trait. With both traits the damage went up to 48 and the duration to approximated 8 seconds.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: DalzK.9086

DalzK.9086

Please add:
Traps in clocktower don’t work. No white circle appears when they are laid, and they don’t trigger.

Very easy to test and fails 100% of time.