Ranger Bug List

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Axesome.1025

Axesome.1025

Eagle Eye perk increasing longbow and harpoon range to 1500 from 1200 doesn’t apply auto attack to that range which makes that perk useless. Please fix this ASAP.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

RE Quick shot and Lightning reflexes.
Pls fix these so that they do what description says , or change description to reflect fact that you will “evade”? in a random direction (usually towards the enemy)

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Jaexyn.5134

Jaexyn.5134

Poison Volley does not fire at current target. It picks a different enemy and shoots them. Doesn’t happen all the time but very, VERY often.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Brewster.5473

Brewster.5473

Precise Strike does not appear to be adding 100% crit to Opening Strike at any range with Shortbow or Longbow.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: IBishopI.3102

IBishopI.3102

1. Lightning Reflexes acts like the Short bows Quick shot, it dosnt always move the ranger while doing the animation.

2. POV is wonky, I have 2 rangers 1 a Max height Human, the other a Min height asura; While the Human has to stand on the walls of keeps in WvW to get LoS the asura can walk up to the wall and shoot through the top of them without being targeted by single target attacks. ( AoEs still hit him tho obviously)

3. Entangle dosnt always root the targets, Many of times people walk right out of binding roots.

4. Bow rangers cannot attack Binding roots unless they have traps on utility or Barrage is off CD. Also You will get obstucted on Binding roots on your allies where you cannot free them.(With bows)

5. Sometimes in WvW if your target runs perpendicular to you your LB arrows will fire behind them which will not even trigger an obstucted or out of range.( like how a balista fires behind moving targets)

6. With Eagle Eye all of your LB skills have 1500 range yet Barrage, the number 5 skill, cannot be casted at 1500 range. You can hit a target with #1 or #2 and #3 but barrage will not be in range.( its more like 1300 range. you can easily see the difference when hitting a target at max range)

7. This is only a suggestion, The SB #1 skill should not need flanking to trigger bleeds, the warrior’s rifle #1 skill triggers bleeds from any angle and most of the time, in 1v1 situations, you will have a hard time stacking these bleeds because your opponent is running at you.

I have been playing my ranger for quite some time now and I have to say that some days are worse than others when it comes to these bugs. The quick shot and lightning reflexes seem to bug more often when the server is being congested. ( large WvW battles)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: IBishopI.3102

IBishopI.3102

Does Lightning Reflexes not even work properly either? If it does manage to break stun, it just makes me do kitten roll on the spot and I’m still stuck there for like 3/4 of a second

Lighning reflexes does not break immobilize only stuns. If you want imobilize removal take renewal as your break instead, you will lose the dodge though.

I would say your correct on this but the theif’s “roll for initative” Only states it breaks stuns yet people use it you get out of entangle that immobilizes. Also Lightning reflexes will sometimes work and break you out of immobs and evade backwards. It just isnt consistant, along with Quick shot.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Ranger when downed underwater can rez himself (lick wounds)and you can’t stop him. At one point it even shows him as invulnerable. You can try focusing the pet but if it’s a tanky pet, 3 people cannot stop the rez.

A ranger did this 3 times before we were able to sink the pet away from the ranger.

This has to be a bug.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Stuligan.6180

Stuligan.6180

why do people play this profession if it has so many bugs?

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Mikael Ekvall.6039

Mikael Ekvall.6039

Signet of the hunt still show 10% but i should be 25%

* Stixan, Chronomancer * Stykera, Dragonhunter
Nimin, Druid * Stixin, Tempest * Melandru, Reaper
Stagborn, Berserker

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

why do people play this profession if it has so many bugs?

The same reason why you would play your favorite profession(s), because you are akin to it. The bugs only hinder the profession’s potential; but in time, if we continue to post bugs and constructive criticism, then the end result (we hope) will be a more robust ranger which will be more fun to play.

Bug: as of today I am still having issues with downed skill 3 within dungeons. I cannot say with certainty what could have caused it as it does not happen all the time. Last time it happened I was in AC dungeon third path, died due to the spiked traps after killing the giant spider, called my wolf to help and it just stood there. Not sure if spiked traps killed the wolf, but if that happened he should have resurrected, either ways it failed.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

in wvw i atack 1 target. then switch target on another person. use rapidfire, and just hit previously target. very annoyng.
and obscured and out of range (….) me off on enemy near me

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

in wvw i atack 1 target. then switch target on another person. use rapidfire, and just hit previously target. very annoyng.
and obscured and out of range (….) me off on enemy near me

Yess!! I have noticed both of these as well. It so SOOO frustrating targeting a new enemy only for my toon to attack the previous one. ARGG! So many ranger bugs I can’t take it.

Also, if I do not have a target selected my LB number 2 attack will just shoot straight into the ground and I will be locked into the entire animation without being able to cancel it. Very annoying.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

BroScientist.9875

1. Lightning Reflexes acts like the Short bows Quick shot, it dosnt always move the ranger while doing the animation.

2. POV is wonky, I have 2 rangers 1 a Max height Human, the other a Min height asura; While the Human has to stand on the walls of keeps in WvW to get LoS the asura can walk up to the wall and shoot through the top of them without being targeted by single target attacks. ( AoEs still hit him tho obviously)

3. Entangle dosnt always root the targets, Many of times people walk right out of binding roots.

4. Bow rangers cannot attack Binding roots unless they have traps on utility or Barrage is off CD. Also You will get obstucted on Binding roots on your allies where you cannot free them.(With bows)

5. Sometimes in WvW if your target runs perpendicular to you your LB arrows will fire behind them which will not even trigger an obstucted or out of range.( like how a balista fires behind moving targets)

6. With Eagle Eye all of your LB skills have 1500 range yet Barrage, the number 5 skill, cannot be casted at 1500 range. You can hit a target with #1 or #2 and #3 but barrage will not be in range.( its more like 1300 range. you can easily see the difference when hitting a target at max range)

7. This is only a suggestion, The SB #1 skill should not need flanking to trigger bleeds, the warrior’s rifle #1 skill triggers bleeds from any angle and most of the time, in 1v1 situations, you will have a hard time stacking these bleeds because your opponent is running at you.

I have been playing my ranger for quite some time now and I have to say that some days are worse than others when it comes to these bugs. The quick shot and lightning reflexes seem to bug more often when the server is being congested. ( large WvW battles)

For the eagle eye bug, I am not sure of this but my hunch is that the center of the AOE circle for number 5 barrage is probably at around 1300 range while the radius of the circle might be 200.

Not sure on these numbers but you can see my point I hope. The farthest point of the circle is probably 1500.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

Just a couple notes for some Ranger bugs with associated video, from a post in another thread.

The Auto-attack for Longbow is such that it’s damage scales up with distance to the target. Eagle Eye’s added range is bugged in that auto-attacking does not work between 1200 and 1500. See that bug demonstrated here.

I’m not sure if this next bug is from Eagle Eye or Piercing Arrows to be honest, but the recalculation of the damage due to ‘distance to target’ for the Longbow Auto-attack, is based not on how far away YOU are from said target, but how far the last mobile the arrow passed through is from said target. In other words, it nerfs your damage on the Auto-attack. Badly. See that in action here.

In combination – the lack of LB Auto-attack on the extra range, and the damage nerf from Piercing Arrows – these two effects are a match made in hell. Since you cannot auto-attack at max range, you must continually spam 1…which makes lining up, or not lining up, your targets for Piercing Arrow, more of an issue.

It also makes it possible for an enemy to reduce your damage to a distant target at will – a cannon, an arrow cart etc – simply by standing in front of it. This may make sense from a physics perspective, but it is definitely not desirable.

Axe skill 2, Splitblade, is also bugged, often mentioned but still not fixed…it does not use it’s modified physical damage value for attacks, but only does the unmodified damage and bleed effect

I don’t quite understand how it has been 4 months since the dev post and yet these 3 very basic bugs, not to mention countless others, have not been fixed. I do not thin they have any attention of addressing these issues, our issues, at all, frankly. They have not acknowledged or addressed this issues in a specific way and while I wish it were otherwise, I have seen nothing in recent dev statements to suggest that will change.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

downstate nr3 doesnt rezz me 8 out of 10 times, reportet this over and over again like 1 time per month but you never fix this

also my stunbreaker (signet and reflexes) dont work against basilisks venom, i can move after stunbreaker but i cant dodge/heal so i always gonna die when i get hit by that

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

(edited by Blackjack.5621)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Zehs.4037

Zehs.4037

call birds on sparks is weird

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

When using Rapid Fire skill, the ranger will continue firing even if the enemy is dead and wont let you use a different attack until rapid fire is completely done.

This particular bug gets me a lot of grief in spvp!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Is the OP even still updating his posts? The last update was three months ago.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

BroScientist.9875

Pretty sure no developer actually reads this thread.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Recluse.6740

Recluse.6740

Well, as you both just said, not sure if this is even being looked at anymore. But I will leave a bug report here.

Starting with the 28th patch, in spvp, ranger signets do not work at start of match. You have to use the signet to get it to engage after cool down is over.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: DragonFlu.7314

DragonFlu.7314

Beastmaster’s Bond:
The tooltip says that it triggers when the pet reaches 50%, but after a few hours of playing with it on, I’m pretty sure it still triggers at 30-25%(cant really tell). Unless pet health being displayed on the class bar is wrong, I’m pretty sure the Dec14th update for this trait didn’t actually change anything.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Does Lightning Reflexes not even work properly either? If it does manage to break stun, it just makes me do kitten roll on the spot and I’m still stuck there for like 3/4 of a second

Lighning reflexes does not break immobilize only stuns. If you want imobilize removal take renewal as your break instead, you will lose the dodge though.

I would say your correct on this but the theif’s “roll for initative” Only states it breaks stuns yet people use it you get out of entangle that immobilizes. Also Lightning reflexes will sometimes work and break you out of immobs and evade backwards. It just isnt consistant, along with Quick shot.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roll_for_Initiative

Roll for Ini removes immobilize.

EXPLOIT/BUG REPORT: Stowing pets cancels their cooldowns allowing you to use their skills even though the skill looks like it is still on cooldown.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

BroScientist.9875

Scenario: I have my bear on avoid combat. I am firing off at an enemy and I press F2 to get my bear to activate his skill. He only activates it after getting near the enemy and after finishing skill he will proceed to attack the enemy even though I have him on passive and never told him to attack. I have also tested this out while his F2 was on cooldown and even pressing it then will make him attack. F1 should be the sole attack button so I do not know why this is the case. Also, F2 shouldn’t have to be activated by pet being near an enemy. It should activate when pressed regardless of position.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

BroScientist.9875

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roll_for_Initiative

Roll for Ini removes immobilize.

EXPLOIT/BUG REPORT: Stowing pets cancels their cooldowns allowing you to use their skills even though the skill looks like it is still on cooldown.

I can confirm this. I just noticed this a few minutes ago.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: ozidylan.9186

ozidylan.9186

Offhand training doesn’t give increased range to Crippling talon (dagger 5) even though the tooltip will display the correct adjusted range

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Bars T Death.6451

Bars T Death.6451

This is a fine place for this. I’ll get it stickied like the others. Thanks for your patience, these fixes will take some time to do, and about a week to test. They won’t all happen at once as we try to push through fixes ASAP.

Jon

Four months ago that was said and still nothing bet if we were thief with all those glitches it woulda been fixed week 1

Jade Quarry
All lvl 80’s

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Warlito.4506

Warlito.4506

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere already.
But the ranger pet sometimes takes fall damage too, and just now even died from falling. And I mean dead as dead, didn’t revived or anything, had to swap pets to get him back up.

Screen: http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/38/gw083k.jpg

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkSword.7240

DarkSword.7240

tooltip of signet of hunt says that increase 10% instead 25% movement speed

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Daddygamer.5637

Daddygamer.5637

Done a search and no post of this…
Since the new patch Horn skill Call of the Wild does not affect Dolyaks and Golems in WvW as before (Swiftness boon). Was this changed or bugged?

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

concentration training doesnt work. pet boon duration doesnt change at all.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Fend.4958

Fend.4958

Lick Wounds almost never works.My pet comes to me but does not heal me at all.I’ve lost so many fights because of that bug.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The Drake pet’s “Chomp” ability heals the enemy rather than healing the pet as its supposed to, as detailed in this thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Drake-Chomp-requesting-testing/first#post1374227

Drakes using special abilities has been fixed and can be removed from the list. I also believe the recent fix to disappearing combo fields making projectiles disappear fixed the issue with Spider’s poison volley ability blocking projectiles.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: mawo.9814

mawo.9814

Most of the times rangers can’t get out of enemys “Entangle”. It happend to me few times, and i heard from others the same thing. Anyone else to confirm?

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: quin.3702

quin.3702

Concentration training isn’t working for me either – even if both my ranger and my pet are in combat. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Beastmaster’s Bond – Gain fury and might when your pet’s health reaches 50%.

Not have detail say this passive traits have cooldownd.
But it’s have cooldownd around45-60sec.
Sometime not trick at50%Hp it trick at25-30%hp.(or may be it CD finish already?)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: flatrob.1943

flatrob.1943

Every time I swap pets I get a targeting reticule on my mouse cursor! Have to click away to be able to click anything again. Highly annoying!

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Search and Rescue and Lick wounds are not working properly, my pets will have full health and just stand over me if I’m downed( Lick Wounds )or an ally( Search and Rescue ). Please fix these, especially since S&R comes in very handy for group play!

Dantaeus X Heardt Ranger Lvl 80
Zhaitans Tears Guild[ TWS ] NSP

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Illuvatar.4051

Illuvatar.4051

plz fix Lick Wounds is pointless play on a game based on a downed system and got the downed skill bugged, ranger skill sucks a lot, the update always postpone to the next month and now the downed skill don’t work!? i know u dont care about this class but come on! are u ****ing kidding me?

I am norn, hunter of the wild, born of the free and rugged FAR SHIVERPEAK mountains.

(edited by Illuvatar.4051)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

When using rapid fire: The ranger continues shooting even if the enemy is dead…. annoying and takes time that makes u vulnerable to other attacks while standing shooting at nothing. U have to waist a dodge to break this.

When using rapid fire: Sometimes the the ranger ends up in a neverending shooting loop. It doesnt actually attack anything but continue to do the motion endlessly… To break this u have to type an emote. Dodge or jump doesnt break this. I usually /bow to break this…

Please fix this!

Kima & Co

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

The jungle stalker’s F2 skill is supposed to give 5 stacks of might for 5 sec. It works correctly on land.

Underwater it gives 10 stacks of might.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

The trait Moment of Clarity’s + 50% daze/stun duration does not apply to the bone or the rock dropped by the boar pet.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

Not sure is this here yet but just to make it sure cause this one really annoys me.

Then you set your pet on passive and use f2 skill which is buff one like jungle stalkers , he still goes in and attacks enemy after casting his buff.

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

Why is it that every other professions F2 skill works instantly, when ours is totally flaky, working instantly sometimes and others showing a 5 second or more delay before the action shows up? Makes the bears condition removal pretty much worthless.

Maybe this games tag line should be: It works, some of the time!

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Longbow traited for extra range (Eagle Eye) does not apply the extra range to the weapon as default. The red line under weapon skill still exist even though target is now within the extra range. When you manually shoot you get the hit, but with the red underline still on.

Please make the extra range work. It’s not easy to find out if you are within the new range or not!

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Eagle and Hawk F2 share the same cooldown.
When you eg. use F2 on hawk and swap pet to Eagle, F2 on eagle is on cooldown. It shouldn’t be!

(edited by awe extender.1908)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Horn skill ‘call of the wild’ can be blocked and any on-block effects will affect the Ranger. This is another problem with the horn being a combat skill rather than a buffing skill. When rangers sees an opponent blocking they should ideally use alternate skills, such as buffs, and not be penalized for good play.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: QSizzle.6047

QSizzle.6047

So…the whole thing with the pets names being deleted when you swap them…that not fixed yet?

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

I don’t know if this has been mentioned or if anyone even noticed but…

1. Quick Shot #3 shortbow doesn’t always let you jump backwards although I have no immobilize on me. Basically I just jump on the spot.
2. 2nd downed skill doesn’t always work, despite that target has no stability and I’ve completed the channeling.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Michelangelo.1742

Michelangelo.1742

I am not sure if this has been said but the elite skill Entangle does not apply 20 stacks of bleeding on the target enemy. In my experience it does not apply any bleeding at all.

WvW Revenge Catch-up Mechanic & Contingent 1U1D!
Tidal Legion [TL] – Sea of Sorrows

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Nnekk.5806

Nnekk.5806

Lots of the previosly mentioned bugs still exist…..sadly.

One bug that really bugs me (pun intended) is the auto-fire of the LongBow skill #1. I can stand at a specified range and hit a target with the #1 skill if I actively hit #1, but it will not continue with “auto-fire” afterwards, unless I move closer to the target. How much closer is not exactly clear since we have NO MEANS to discover how far away a target is(hint hint)! If I had to guess, I would say it’s around 1000 units of distance before auto-fire works.

This tells me one of two things.

One, I’m further away than 1200 “units” from the target and my use of the #1 skill should not have hit the target and I should have gotten the “out of range” notification.

Or, two, The “auto-attack” is not set to work at the maximum range and instead works at a closer distance only.

Another really annoying and, “gets me killed at times”, is the use of “Rapid Fire”; You cannot, for whatever reason you may have, stop the animation or change targets and use another skill UNTIL it is completed.

Third BAD bug is the “Lick Wounds”; can’t ever really count on it working. I have not been able to figure out why it works sometimes and sometimes not.

Yak’s Bend