Ranger Bug List

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Apophis.8561

Apophis.8561

I know this is probably up here already, but it needs immediate attention. these “obstructed” messages that occur when the target is directly in front of my face are really annoying. the dmg reduction means we need all the hits we can get. i find this obstructed msg actually happens most with the #5 skill.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Fate.8673

Fate.8673

I’ve noticed this bug:

When combined with the 5 Point BM Trait that gives you and your pet quickness on swap:
-Melee Range
-Swap Pet
-Immediately press F2

The F2 for pets will activate immediately in the direction they are facing and NOT at the target you want them to focus.

E.g. Swap then use a drake’s F2. They will shoot their cone at nothing to the right of the target.

This also happened with my cat/bird pets

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Ruin.9261

Ruin.9261

Also I find that Sun spirit buff gives u chance to apply burning and gain “might” which is not listed in skill description.
I have never gain might form it.

(edited by Ruin.9261)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Atish.4351

Atish.4351

Master’s Bond DOES NOT WORK AT ALL….another great help that ANET NEEDS to sort out.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Articio.8392

Articio.8392

Hunters shots 10 stacks of vulnerability doesn’t last longer with condition duration (mine says it has 13 seconds, lasts about 8 )

the trait spirits unbound causes spirit skills to sometimes fail to activate then go on to full cooldown, i see this a lot using spirit of nature

Spike trap causes immobilize yet skill description doesn’t list it

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

I think a zero was forgotten on two skills for harpoon guns; skills 1 and 2.
Even if the primary purpose is to apply bleed, the base damage is woefully inadequate. Compare to skills 4 and 5, which have decent enough damage.

Damage listed in the tool-tips is from my lvl 68 ranger, with a lvl 68 rare grade harpoon gun.

Attachments:

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Angela Ranna.5638

Angela Ranna.5638

Atish.4351

the trait spirits unbound causes spirit skills to sometimes fail to activate then go on to full cooldown, i see this a lot using spirit of nature

I’ve actually seen this without spirits unbound. It seems to happen when the spirit summon fails due to terrain. You can usually replicate it by standing near (not touching) a wall and trying to activate each of the spirit skills. Sometimes it will resolve the wall correctly and the spirit will spawn on your side of it, but sometimes it acts like the spirit appears and immediately dies, putting it on full cooldown.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: White Devil.3176

White Devil.3176

Can’t stomp/finish downed targets while under shared signet of the wild (master effect version)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: rickshaw.5279

rickshaw.5279

Longbow AutoAttack speed is not even close to what is listed in game. It’s more like 1.25 seconds not .75.

More details can be found here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Longbow-Auto-Attack-speed-is-WAAAY-off/first#post461197

To put this into perspective, that’s a 66% DPS nerf. I don’t care what game you play… if you told someone they were taking a 66% nerf to their DPS they would lost their f’ing mind.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Algonda Friedenbaum.2930

Algonda Friedenbaum.2930

Regardless of whether or not the bugs are in conflict with the descriptions, I have always regarded them as a challenge to my ingenuity to overcome them. Sure, the ‘swoop’ may not work at YOU think it should (being blocked by a wall, tree, radical change in elevation, etc), but it provides ME with an opportunity to maybe sneak up a little closer prior to engaging in combat. Gives me an excuse to exercise my brain, not my fingers.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: NotATroll.8290

NotATroll.8290

I’ve found that my wolf’s terrifying howl often takes well over 2 seconds to cast. I recently had a game where I hit F2 and my pet howled for 8 seconds before the fear went off.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Ravnodaus.5130

Ravnodaus.5130

" Aislin.3761:

I’d like to add another issue (I haven’t found this reported in this thread or the original post of opening strike issues), when testing traits in PvP I noticed that when maxing the Markmanship and choosing “Remorseless”, opening strike does not reset when making a kill, and switching to the next target; I regained opening strike only when going out of combat and in again, as in the lower part of the trait branch.

Added."

It seemed to me it had an internal CD. But I never tested for it specifically. Because even after dropping combat it would sometimes have a considerable delay before resetting.

Why grind dungeons? Only relevant content…
Why? Gives needed gear…
Why do you need this gear? To do dungeons… duh.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

“Longbow/Harpoon Gun don’t auto attack at max range (1500) with Eagle Eye.”

I’ve been using this trait for the last couple of days again and it seems to be working properly for me. Can someone else confirm this too?

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Apophis.8561

Apophis.8561

it appears that this bug list is pointless. anet has yet to give us any sort of fix/ skill change / alteration ever since the destruction of the shortbow with QZ. which is actually BUGGED because of anet mucking around with things that weren’t in need of a fix. you guys can save yourselves some time and not even bother putting up your bugs/glitches in here, no one is looking.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

FIX: The trapper’s expertise trap issue with battle for kylo midpoint has been resolved and they now work. So we all did get something, at least us traps rangers!

New bug:
You can lay down two traps, then add or remove trapper’s expertise and you can place two more. The game does not recognize them as the same type anymore and will not over-write them. (ie you can place 2 of every trap instead of 1) The traps still go on cooldown when used and you must be out of combat to swap the trait so I don’t see it being a high priority fix.

(edited by Taym.8326)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: RustyEyeballs.8927

RustyEyeballs.8927

Randomly, Crossfire won’t apply its bleed for a entire duration of combat. This happens very frequently, and makes Short Bow bleed ranger unplayable competitively.

I think its related to the fact that Crossfire will never apply its bleeds to the Heavy Target Dummy to the left of the DPS Trials Waypoint in the mists.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Taym.8326

Randomly, Crossfire won’t apply its bleed for a entire duration of combat. This happens very frequently, and makes Short Bow bleed ranger unplayable competitively.

I think its related to the fact that Crossfire will never apply its bleeds to the Heavy Target Dummy to the left of the DPS Trials Waypoint in the mists.

Rusty, Crossfire only applies its bleeds while flanking, so hitting a target from the front will not stack bleeds. This has always been a complaint when our bow does less damage and does not stack bleeds as easily as other classes condi-weapons. Not a bug, but annoying none the less.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I just got a new pet bug after the update. I’ll enter water where my armor fish comes out to play. When I leave the water he stays and flops around on the land. I thought it was lag due to being in Lion’s Arch during the event but it stayed around for 2 to 3 minutes until I swapped pets.

It happened again while I was out in Queensdale. The armor fish flopped around on land until I swapped pets. I never fought anything so I’m not sure if it would attack or not.

RIP in peace Robert

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Khonrad.2476

Khonrad.2476

Extensive research and listing, thank you.
The only major thing that ‘bugs’ me at present is the pet names not sticking, now I don’t know if this is just me, as my BLT doesn’t always work whilst other players do, but it would be awful nice of Devs to fix the pet name thing.
Again, thank you for the research it is certainly food for thought.

Hakuna Matata [HM] : Aurora Glade (EU)
http://gw2-hm.enjin.com

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Taym.8326

I have noticed that Whirling Defense does not trigger combo field correctly.
Testing method
Use bonfire then swap weapons and used whirling def, 1 flame projectile was shot at the end of whirling defense animation, to confirm I asked a warrior to test his Whirling Axe ability and it seemed to work properly.

This one is important, figured I would quote it for more visibility

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Blue Moa’s protective screech does not last 10 seconds. It’s only 3 seconds WITH the trait.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Earnbrand.8275

Earnbrand.8275

With regards to the Speargun #1 and #2 attacks, it appears to be a level scaling issue. Hop in the water in Cursed Shore (Level 80) and the tooltip reads

Damage: 62
Bleeding (4s): 194 Damage

Go just out the gates into Gendarran Fields (effective level 30) and your tooltip reads

Damage: 62
Bleeding (4s): 70 Damage

Somewhere below 30 it starts scaling properly, as in the harbor at Wizard’s Fief (effective level 20) you get

Damage: 55
Bleeding (4s): 47 damage.

I noted some inconsistancies with other speargun skills, too. For example, Mercy Shot shows 498 Damage in Cursed Shore, but 521 at an effective level 38 in Lornar’s Pass, 531 at level 48 and 526 at lvl 56 in Bloodtide Coast, 516 at lvl 66 in Sparkfly Fen, and 506 at lvl 74 in Straits of Devistation.

(all with the same gear equipped)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: xWESTsidex.4980

xWESTsidex.4980

In AC exp path 3 i can never hit the graveling mounds because it ALWAYS says obstructed even though i stand next to it with a bow or a sword. SO annoying.

Lvl 80 Ranger. Lvl 80 Necro.
Officer of Warriors and Rebels [WaR]
Gate of Madness

(edited by xWESTsidex.4980)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: FedaykinDuneCat.2687

FedaykinDuneCat.2687

I gleaned over the list and believe it is perhaps a new bug. I use Superior Sigil of Rage on my shortbows for a lv80 ranger, specifically Avirdanag and Bow the Pale Stag. With over 200 critical hits in my testing right now, the sigil has not triggered once on either bow. This issue is new since the latest Mad King update.

I have the same sigil on both a sword and dagger for my alternate weapon slot. These weapons trigger the sigils normally.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: ThePatak.6785

ThePatak.6785

I’ve been having a bug where spider, devourer, and bird pets will not resurrect downed allies with “Search and Rescue,” but ursine pets will. Haven’t tested with drake, feline, pig, moa, or canines yet. The pets will run over and stand at the ally’s location, but will not heal. I do not get the green healing numbers on my screen, and party members have verified that they are not doing anything but standing staring blankly at them.

Update: Wolf pet does heal allies using S&R.

Bullkitten.

(edited by ThePatak.6785)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

I am having a serious problem with my Juvenile Bear. I command her to attack while I stay far away doing nothing, but the mob ignores her and ran straight to me. Other pets like wolf do not have this problem, and my level is usually one or two level above the mob, also the two pets have exactly the same precision.

Looks like the bear is imposing negative aggro thus the mob would run to me because I can’t have any aggro for just commanding to attack.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: MeTx.6712

MeTx.6712

Axe skill #3 omits to tell you how long the weakness lasts (10 secs).

Ranger: My Main Man Ray

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Tyler.6182

Tyler.6182

I have just noticed that the beast mastery trait zephyr speed does not give quickness sometimes when i swap pets. It seems that it only gives the quickness if I’m in combat now. This is a new bug that has just happened in the last couple of days, maybe since act 3 of halloween.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: RustyEyeballs.8927

RustyEyeballs.8927

Rusty, Crossfire only applies its bleeds while flanking, so hitting a target from the front will not stack bleeds. This has always been a complaint when our bow does less damage and does not stack bleeds as easily as other classes condi-weapons. Not a bug, but annoying none the less.

Wow, I didn’t completely read the tooltip. That kind of puts a huge hole in my build. I can’t express how outraged at how garbage this makes Crossfire. I can’t believe I didn’t notice that. Time to reroll Necro.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Dym.7163

Dym.7163

same as most these other posts pets f2 attack dosnt work unless you spam it heaps and im sure natures protection dosnt do anything because glass cannon theifs still manage to kill me when getting jumped in 2-4 secounds

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Sneaking Stig.6820

Sneaking Stig.6820

There’s a delay, roughly about 1 – 1 1/2 second on poison volley (SB #2 skill), so it won’t cast if you use quick shot (SB #3 skill) straight after.

Btw: I reported alot of these bugs already in headstart, and the weeks that followed. So don’t get youre hopes up to high. =/

(edited by Sneaking Stig.6820)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Buch.8651

Buch.8651

General bug or gameflaw design.

- When using “Stow Pet” it stows the pet but if the player takes ANY sort of damage the pet pops out again, is this intentional?

Cheers

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

Can we please get an updated list of the outstanding bugs please? I know that ANET released a response to them but a new list would be lovely instead of the mess that is currently listed.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

not sure if posted but i have noticed that the downed skill 3 which calls the pet to revive does not work often pet just comes next to me and sits doing nothing

also the blue moa protection is like 4-5s max while tooltip says 10s

SFR

(edited by Batlav.6318)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

I’ve noticed this bug:

When combined with the 5 Point BM Trait that gives you and your pet quickness on swap:
-Melee Range
-Swap Pet
-Immediately press F2

The F2 for pets will activate immediately in the direction they are facing and NOT at the target you want them to focus.

E.g. Swap then use a drake’s F2. They will shoot their cone at nothing to the right of the target.

Dude, the only pets you should be using is the leopard and the jaguar. They are the least bugged and put out nice damage. As far as I’m concerned, the ranger certainly got the short stick when it came to pet options. There’s literally not one impressive or interesting pet in the list. But, there’s a million cool and scary creeps in the world. Why the kitten do we not have raptors? Nightmare hounds? Etc. Etc.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Cleopatra.4068

Cleopatra.4068

I am a mostly solo player, and have noticed a couple of different problems.

1. Pets: F2 skills are not just unresoponsive. If you are playing solo, and your pet has a target painned at a distance from you, if you use the F2 skill it basically causes the target to immediately stop attacking the pet and charge your character.
This causes:
a. Your pet to ALWAYS miss with the F2 ability attack for any F2 ability that is a limited range attack. (i.e. things like Polar Bear’s Icy Roar, or Pink Moa’s Dazing Screech, or Ice Drake’s Frost Breath) Unresponsiveness is partly the problem, since it takes like 6-10+ seconds for the attack to actually get carried out, but even if they were immediately initid ated, they wouldn’t be effective since the target immediately runs away from the pet the instant you use the F2 skill.

I guess you could theoretically still hit the target if you were to stand your character right in front of your pet, let the target attack you and not move until the attack is finished, thus holding it in the proper spot. But that would be stupid and counterproductive.

In a group there might still be some functionality if you had a melee character to keep the target relatively in place, but in solo play, F2 attacks are utterly useless because they don’t land.

b. Using an F2 skill immediatly eliminates your pet’s usefulness as an object to keep targets at a distance so you can do stuff like use a longbow to hit the target from range. The target charges you, ignores your pet.

c. Using an F2 skill with pets that grant weakness to nearby enemies not only miss the intended target, but generally just cause previously neutral enemies like mosquitos and fireflies to swarm you right along with the target that is now chasing you rather than your pet.

I basically never use any F2 skills. Ever. As a solo player, they are not only useless, they are actually punative to me. I have yet to find a single F2 skill that doesn’t actually hurt me more than it helps for any of the pets.

In groups they are not as punative, but they are still useless…

2. INVULERABLE messages popping up with rapidly increasing frequency.

I haven’t actually found any documentation of it in the patch notes, but I have noticed that anet seems to have fixed it so that you can’t just shoot at enemies that are tethered at a higher/lower level than you (or trapped within a fence, etc.), allowing you to basically kill stuff that has no way to attack you. You can hit those enemies a couple times, but then they go invulnerable and self heal themselves. I know I had found a couple of areas early on that basically let you just stand there endlessly killing a respawning enemy without it ever being able to attack you, and you can’t do that anymore. Which I’m cool with. Shooting fish in a barrel was rather amusing on occasion, but obviously exploitable.

Unfortunately, whatever they did also now seems to cause targets to go invincible and self heal any time they are pinned at a distance and my character is standing relatively still. Like when I am in narrow cave tunnels and my pet pins a target while I shoot it from range. Or when I am on winding mountain paths. Or underwater in areas of high mob density where a lot of movement leads to schools of angry krait binging on me like pirhanas. It is getting to the point where if I am not constantly kiting, I get 2/3 of the way done with a target and it suddenly goes INVINCIBLE….self heals in 2 seconds…aggros….and attacks again….now ignoring my pet….chases me to the edge of its tether range….then runs off….leaving me to have to start over….just to get 2/3 of the way through it….so it can go invincible again….repeat…..

UBER ANNOYING.

I haven’t really noticed it much when I play with a group, but solo I basically have to now kite everything or the INVINCIBLE message goes haywire. And there are certain situations where kiting just isn’t possible/advisable.

This mostly happens when I am using ranged weapons, but it does sometimes occur even with melee weapons like greatsword/sword. Spearguns are the worst for triggering it, but longbows and dual axes are also bad.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Cleopatra.4068

3. Pets have always had bad pathfinding, but lately my pet just randomly sprints off in random directions for no apparent reason, generally to attack stuff that I don’t want it attacking, often while I am trying to do things like buy stuff from merchants. I know I can stow it, but really, I shouldn’t have to. If I am standing still interacting with an npc, why is my pet suddenly obsessed with bringing neutral npc critters from 20 yards away down on my head in an angry mob? I didn’t train it to do that….

4. Lastly, the game has gotten oftly picky about what angle I have the camara pointed when I launch attacks. If I don’t have it juuuust right, it will use up my attacks without actually doing them. I am so tired of wasting attacks and having to do full cooldowns just becasue I was a quarter of an inch off from where it thinks I should have been when I tried to use it. I know you cant be moving while channeling attacks, yada yada, but why do some attacks let you only fire while directly facing or being at a 15ish degree angle, but 20 degrees is wasted attack that never fired at all but still has a full cool down? I think this is actually intended. But its really annoying. Especially on certain kinds of terrain that make the camera angle narrow to begin with, such as on slopes, or in underwater ruins.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Cleopatra.4068

I know this is probably up here already, but it needs immediate attention. these “obstructed” messages that occur when the target is directly in front of my face are really annoying. the dmg reduction means we need all the hits we can get. i find this obstructed msg actually happens most with the #5 skill.

I’m pretty sure that most of the time I get the obstructed message it’s because my pet is in my way. I don’t think pet’s used to get in the way, only terrain did. But if your pet is standing directly between you and your target, it now counts as an obstruction. I noticed that moving even just a liiiitle bit will frequently make the obstruction go away. Of course, it takes it’s sweet time for the message itself to get done obstructing you. I think that also might be a change, that obstructions now have a cooldown of a second or two, rather than clearing immediately once your aim is no longer obstructed. But if they added that cooldown on on purpose, it is stupid. The ranger is supposed to be able to use terrain to its advantage to do things like jump behind stuff to block the ENEMIES fire from hitting you. You can’t really do that if it is also going to keep you from firing again until the enemy is ready to hit you as well. IDK. I think a lot of the problems are actually being caused by anet deliberately trying to make aiming and whatnot more complicated in order to thwart bots. But they are making the class much more annoying for actual people to play. You don’t have to be anywhere near as accurate with your aim/camera angle/unobstructed view etc., with any of the other classes I have played. Which would be elementalist, engineer, necromancer and guardian. I can’t figure out any other reason for them to make ranger so finicky.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Cleopatra.4068

I’ve noticed this bug:

-Melee Range
-Swap Pet
-Immediately press F2

Dude, the only pets you should be using is the leopard and the jaguar. They are the least bugged and put out nice damage. As far as I’m concerned, the ranger certainly got the short stick when it came to pet options. There’s literally not one impressive or interesting pet in the list. But, there’s a million cool and scary creeps in the world. Why the kitten do we not have raptors? Nightmare hounds? Etc. Etc.

Which pet is best depends on what you are doing (PvE, PvP, WvW), whether you are in a group or solo, what weapons you are using, what type of build you are using, and what your goal is. Personally, I never use leopards or jaguars. I have a glass cannon build, I don’t use my pets for DPS, I use them as tanks. I gnerally use nothing but bears, and whatever damage they do is irrelevant to me, because all I want them to do is keep my target busy while I stand 1500 units away using my longbow at max range for max damage without ever getting in range. Bears have high vitality and toughness. They take all the damage, rarely die from it, and I never get hit. Will that work well for everything? no. But as atm I mostly do solo PvE, it works well most of the time for me. Once I get bored with solo PvE, I am sure I will find something else to do that will require different usage of pets.

There isn’t any one right pet.

I do agree that pets need work. Though the variety isn’t really the issue imo. There is plenty of variety. Being able to control pets in a useful manner is far more of an issue imo. Pet control is a hot mess atm.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Sneaking Stig.6820

Sneaking Stig.6820

A-net should learn some from the pet mechanics from WoW. (Yes, the pet system in WoW kills the one in GW2, don’t even think about denying it since i’ve played gw1 since ’05 and played WoW for 6 months, and only played as Ranger/Hunter).

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Engel Angel.9076

Engel Angel.9076

Hi all!
Been playing Ranger up to 80, and have read through a lot of this thread, but not all of it, so maybe some of the following have been said already:

-Names don’t stick (been said already, but really annoying: I play this game for the customizations option, and pet names are part of that for me).

-Maybe this isn’t a bug, but I find that my Longbow Volley skill doesn’t always work, for some reason it doesn’t activate with some targets (not specific target type, just any random one). It’s been happening a lot more recently, and distance doesn’t change anything (it can work (or not in this case!) from anywhere from point blank to eagle eye skill distance).

-When finished with a target, my ranger sometimes automatically attack the next one (including yellows) despite no command input, really annoying when I wanna get outta there! (been said I think).

-Healing Spring never worked for me, whether downed or dead.

-When downed, I noticed the Lick Wounds skill neutralize the Bandage skill if already activated, but I can reactivate Bandage (after cooldown) while Lick Wounds is still active…is this normal? (lick wound deactivating bandage I mean, I already died a few times due to that…)

-Maybe not a bug, but trapper’s expertise sucks, and I reverted back to untargeted traps right away: the traps don’t activate if no target selected and in range, so ambush impossible, (I can’t just put a trap at anytime like normal traps, it HAS to have a target locked, in range, and sometimes even with that they still won’t activate…)

-Again, maybe not a bug, but I can’t change weapons instantly all the time, sometimes I can change at will, but most of the time it’s like there’s a cooldown before switching back (annoying as I play almost only longbow, and only use cor for speed boost, but then have to wait (maybe 10s?) before being able to switch back to longbow, which is time enough to get downed… I mean if it was all the time, then I would assume there’s a cooldown, but sometimes I can just change at will instantly (which I prefer, obviously :P

-I read about (and experienced) the “invulnerable” status on some enemies, and I heard it was made so as not to be able to attack foes who can’t attack back? (too far or unreachable or…) BUT sometimes it happens when I’m standing RIGHT IN FRONT of a target !? Also, the following isn’t a bug, but isn’t the purpose of a longbow to attack from AFAR? and isn’t climbing on a “vantage” point where an enemy won’t be able to REACH ME in melee (which as a ranger I want to AVOID) part of the “STRATEGY” element of the game? I mean, I don’t play ranger for the melee! I play ranger (longbow) to get higher grounds, be stealthy, and act kinda like a sniper, not some idiot running around the battlefield with a “machinebow”… I think that “invulnerable” status is the dumbest thing ever… but that’s imo

Alright, I think that’s all I got for now, any clarification would be much appreciated, thank you!

“A single picture is worth a thousand words”

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryox Sinfar.4985

Ryox Sinfar.4985

Didn’t see this on the list but I am having an issue where I am using Winter’s Bite for Axe on an enemy as I close in on him, by the time it is going to throw they are on right in front/on top/behind me. In this instance the skill doesn’t register (my pet’s next attack won’t even cause weakness) but the skill is completely consumed and receives a full cooldown.

I believe I also noticed the same thing for Hunter’s Shot on the longbow, but can only 100% confirm for axe as the weakness from the pet is caused even if my axe misses the enemy or if the enemy is out of range when used so it should proc no matter what.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryox Sinfar.4985

Ryox Sinfar.4985

-Again, maybe not a bug, but I can’t change weapons instantly all the time, sometimes I can change at will, but most of the time it’s like there’s a cooldown before switching back (annoying as I play almost only longbow, and only use cor for speed boost, but then have to wait (maybe 10s?) before being able to switch back to longbow, which is time enough to get downed… I mean if it was all the time, then I would assume there’s a cooldown, but sometimes I can just change at will instantly (which I prefer, obviously :P

Do you mean in combat? Because there is a cooldown for switching between weapons in combat. This restriction is not there when you aren’t in combat. It is 7-9 seconds about? Not sure. You can see the cooldown on the weapon swap button (left side of the skill row at the bottom) when you swap weapons.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Engel Angel.9076

Engel Angel.9076

Do you mean in combat? Because there is a cooldown for switching between weapons in combat. This restriction is not there when you aren’t in combat. It is 7-9 seconds about? Not sure. You can see the cooldown on the weapon swap button (left side of the skill row at the bottom) when you swap weapons.

Well, that’s what I though, but the thing is I’ve never seen a weapon cooldown show up anywhere, and also, it seems to happen randomly whether in or out of combat…I’ll try to do some in-game test with specific situations and see if it’s just me imagining things…

Another point I forgot to add in my previous post, which as already been mentioned I think:

- Auto-attack doesn’t seem to work past a certain distance (eagle eye distance?). I am still in damaging distance, but I have to shoot manually.

“A single picture is worth a thousand words”

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Rhythmholic.3258

Rhythmholic.3258

Superior rune of the mad king and Trap Potency ( Ranger Trait )

6 Superior Rune of the mad king :
2)10% Condition duration
4)15% Bleed duration

Trap Potency :
Conditions caused by traps last twice as long.

I tried removing the full set and trap potency
to see the default Con. Duration (3 1/2sec.)
and when i re-equipped them (trait and armor) still 3 1/2sec.

Please correct me if i’m missing something here..

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

in pvp is rly hard to make my pet to go back to me with the command unless i put it on passive because when it starts runing back to me some random aoe hit and it goes back into the fight where thanks to the great vitality armor etc it dies in less than one second

SFR

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Haya jii san.1978

Haya jii san.1978

Rune of the Ranger issue :

After some testing with the Steady shortbow in sPVP, i realized that the 5% damage bonus that you get with a pet only works when your pet swap is not on cooldown with pet death.

For instance, i set my pet to attack someone but he inevitably gets killed. So i press F4, and swap pets, giving me the 60 second cooldown. During that 60 second cooldown, the 5% damage bonus doesn’t work. ( With him alive )

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Code.1327

Code.1327

It might be time to re-do this after some real beta testing… the list has not been update in a month and there are dozens of bugs not listed,

Just to name two; Natures Bounty trait does not increase duration of Troll unguent, nor does the % boon duration buff from concentration or gear… even though Troll unguent is a regen its not treated as such and so its not considered a regen boon by any other traits/procs/gear
Healing spring provides two stacks of regen per tick for pets within the radius.

I’m guessing the OP has abandoned the class like many, anyone wanna compile an updated list ready for further testing post the next patch.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Fiffelina.2734

Fiffelina.2734

Blind affects all Entangle targets, working as intended? In my mind only the “first” person to get hit by it would be countered by blind, all others rooted.

Best spot to duplicate;
Any supply camp in WvsW really…

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Valdoron.7821

Valdoron.7821

Also, sometimes if your pet dies in combat and it gets healed, the pet does not begin attacking again even if you tell it to attack, just stands there. If this is already listed as a bug, I apologize.