Ranger Changes on July 23, 2013

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Just tested, seems like you will stealth once the shot passes through your target and hits either the wall/floor.

Wait, wut?

You can stealth off the doors!? That would be so useful for running into a keep that’s being seiged.

Arrows dont pass through doors, you can’t stealth off walls/doors/ceilings/plants/gates/fences/lamps/poles/ramps/trees etc. Target as in an opposing player or mob.

I just tried it out in wvw, you can stealth off enemy walls/gates.

However, like Prysing said, 100% crit doesn’t reset. Either it has an internal cooldown, or its a bug. Hopefuly the latter, than it will be fixed eventually.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Robyn Yew.6072

Robyn Yew.6072

I honestly don’t see the point of giving stealth to Hunter’s Shot. IMO, it would be perfect for the shortbow after the range nerf, but the longbow is meant to be used at very long range, where it’s easier to avoid ranged attacks, and it already has a counter against melee attacks in Point Blank Shot.

I’ve been trying to point this out but people keep shouting me down otherwise.

It’s a longbow. You should be at quite a bit of range. We basically lost DPS for slight utility that honestly doesn’t even do that much good. I’m aware you can stealth+rez but you will not get the rez off in time and the dps loss IS NOT WORTH IT.

There is no such thing as being at quite a bit of range. Things run at you, and no matter how good you are at mobility they will catch you. Stealth helps give you breathing room.

That’s why you’re supposed to kite and keep moving about.

Do you pve only? Just a question.

}|{Rhbyn Yew}|{ Sylvari Ranger 80
born to Isle Of Janthir

in Ranger

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

I see that this stealth will help me a whole lot. You have no idea how many times I have died, being only 3 seconds away for my healing skill to recharge. This is really good for us.
As a LB user, we need to be at range. By the time a thief/warrior comes up to us, we can push them back with (4), but it won’t last long until they’ll be back. The new (3) will give us the tool to run away and get back at our range.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Simon.3106

Doesn’t matter about your game experience on other games, Arcade.

“This skill kind of goes against the playstyle and the point of longbow.”
It is debatable. Really depends how you see it. I see it as a tool/utility to help increase my survival and broaden my strategy. But you use SB + GS, why do you feel affected by this change? I am a fulltime LB, and I think my opinion on this matters more since I use it and it affects me, agree?

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

What I don’t understand is if longbow had(comparatively) garbage DPS before, how does losing some more and gaining some interesting utility change that?

As for the vulnerability loss from moving it to Rapid Fire, on the upside, it prevent wasting the whole skill to an Aegis if it’s spread out on multiple hits.

For greatsword. Who actually ran it and used Maul for the bleeds? Maul was supposed to be used as a spike move with its decent power coefficient. The bleeds were just icing on the cake.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

I honestly don’t see the point of giving stealth to Hunter’s Shot. IMO, it would be perfect for the shortbow after the range nerf, but the longbow is meant to be used at very long range, where it’s easier to avoid ranged attacks, and it already has a counter against melee attacks in Point Blank Shot.

It’s a longbow. You should be at quite a bit of range. We basically lost DPS for slight utility that honestly doesn’t even do that much good. I’m aware you can stealth+rez but you will not get the rez off in time and the dps loss IS NOT WORTH IT.

There is no such thing as being at quite a bit of range. Things run at you, and no matter how good you are at mobility they will catch you. Stealth helps give you breathing room.

That’s why you’re supposed to kite and keep moving about. If you’re getting caught while using a bow then you’re bad. As harsh as it sounds, it’s the truth. Ask any good ranger or player that.

It’s a great trade off. Sure you lose a bit of damage in not having the full vul up front but you’re likely to land way more of your subsequent attacks with the stealth.

You can do many more things now that’s quite deadly that people could see from a mile away previously.

Stealth and entangle.

Stealth and maul.

Stealth and hilt bash then maul.

Stealth, switch to SB5 and flank.

I’ll take this trade anytime.

in Ranger

Simon.3106

That’s why you’re supposed to kite and keep moving about. If you’re getting caught while using a bow then you’re bad. As harsh as it sounds, it’s the truth. Ask any good ranger or player that.

Wow, i didn’t read this. Ranger Arcade, if you ever played PvP and you think you can “not get caught while using a bow”, you are way better than I, or any other rangers, will ever be. It is foolish to think you can actually not get caught. And if you ask me (yes, I am a Great Ranger), it is not the truth and it is very harsh thing to say. You posted earlier people were shouting you down. It seems to me that you are the attacker, not the attacked. Reconsider your logic.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: Eley.1907

Eley.1907

Please, remove this stupid stealth on longbow, it stops auto-attack and is useless in PvE. Just irritates Or make as trait, so it will be possible to turn it off

in Ranger

Posted by: Robyn Yew.6072

Robyn Yew.6072

Don’t matter if you #1 ranger player. Other classes can and will catch you.

}|{Rhbyn Yew}|{ Sylvari Ranger 80
born to Isle Of Janthir

in Ranger

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

Stealth Stomps…in yo face thief!

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

What I don’t understand is if longbow had(comparatively) garbage DPS before, how does losing some more and gaining some interesting utility change that?

As for the vulnerability loss from moving it to Rapid Fire, on the upside, it prevent wasting the whole skill to an Aegis if it’s spread out on multiple hits.

For greatsword. Who actually ran it and used Maul for the bleeds? Maul was supposed to be used as a spike move with its decent power coefficient. The bleeds were just icing on the cake.

I did. I ran a trapper and in recent times I used a/t gs with geomancy in both sets. Swoop in, hiltbash, maul, weaponswap, spike trap, flame trap, splitblade, thorw torch. When I had my lynx with rending attacks, it was even sweeter. I tried GS because I was experimenting with running a trap build without trap traits. It worked fine in wvw. Trappers throwing traps can be kited to death by ranged builds, and mesmers gave me a lot of problems as long as I can remember. I managed to surprise some mesmers with that. But its gone now. I’m not happy for it. The people that ran maul for spike damage won’t benefit from this change. 3% more damage after maul is pretty low tbh. On a 12k maul its 360 damage if your next attack is 12k at all. Compared to that a direct damage build lost about 1k damage from the bleeds, a condi build lost 2k (with base duration). Say you hit 2k attacks after maul. Untill your next maul you hit 2 auto attack chains that hit 2k each, thats 2k*3%*6=360.

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

Please, remove this stupid stealth on longbow, it stops auto-attack and is useless in PvE. Just irritates Or make as trait, so it will be possible to turn it off

How is the ability to loose aggro ever useless in PVE?

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

Wow, i didn’t read this. Ranger Arcade, if you ever played PvP and you think you can “not get caught while using a bow”, you are way better than I, or any other rangers, will ever be. It is foolish to think you can actually not get caught. And if you ask me (yes, I am a Great Ranger), it is not the truth and it is very harsh thing to say. You posted earlier people were shouting you down. It seems to me that you are the attacker, not the attacked. Reconsider your logic.

I can totally see how someone running cc pets cen get at least 6 2k long range shots off before having to switch to melee. Thats probably what he meant with kiting. If your opponent is a warrior with reduced cc duration and stability on first stun/kd, yeah, good luck with that. But not everyone runs a build like that.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Opening strike does not crit after stealth. I have at theory, “Precise Strike” the trait that grants 100% crit on “first strike” only resets on kill. Not on stealth as it should.

If, however, this “not gonna crit after stealth” thing is intended, they just openly nerfed the only possible positive use it had.

Noticed this as well. Considering the skill description, I would consider this a bug. Report it?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Shortbow is a skirmishing weapon, Longbow is a hunter’s weapon. Shortbow has lots of escape/mobility utility, Longbow had very little. Stealth makes more sense on the Longbow both thematically and balance-wise. You also didn’t really lose DPS, if anything you gained it because Rapid Fire now stacks a bunch of Vuln stacks.

The people complaining about this change are clueless.

in Ranger

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

So rangers are kinda ranged thieves. Good way to balance.

We already had access to stealth via trait, this just gives one more way to stealth via a weapon. Our stealthing is not new, and it’s nowhere near on the level thieves can get. I cant believe people are so up in arms about this…. did they never notice rangers disappearing before?

They actually aren’t really. Most thieves either think it’s cool or just don’t care. It’s only the people who insist on whining about every single little think that makes them comparatively weaker (no matter the rationale behind it) that are crying.

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

Shortbow is a skirmishing weapon, Longbow is a hunter’s weapon. Shortbow has lots of escape/mobility utility, Longbow had very little.

…where “lots”=1, and “little”=0

in Ranger

Simon.3106

SB, to me, is all about condition anyways. If you guys want escape moves, go S/D. It’s fun dancing around in a 3v1 (you being the 1) scenario.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Stealth doesn’t drop agro. And you’re a pet class so it will attack your pet anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: GrizzledLone.3954

GrizzledLone.3954

Among other benefits the stealth on hunters also let’s you cast the beginning of barrage without detection.

To gain stealth you have to hit your target first but you cast barrage before your target gets close enough to hit so this won’t work.

Am i the only one who thinks that [Hunter’s Shot] became pretty useless as long as you’re not retreating/hiding?

in Ranger

Posted by: SaraFjellskoge.4168

SaraFjellskoge.4168

What I used to love about Guild Wars 1, and even (for a while) about Guild Wars 2, was the viability of different builds within a profession. If you really want to give rangers a stealth option, or make Remorseless a better trait, fine, but why attach that to a weapon skill that does very little else? What use is pet swiftness when pets -still- rarely survive an encounter, especially when playing more challenging endgame content? I think that’s really my big problem with this patch – hunter’s shot now exists solely to allow rangers to take full advantage of remorseless, but that means all longbow rangers will feel a huge pressure to trait that way, and rangers that use other weapons will not be able to take full advantage of the trait. As many others have pointed out, shortbow builds would greatly benefit from Remorseless if they were given equal opportunity to utilize it. In my opinion, this gives rangers – especially longbow rangers – less build versatility, not more. If stealth broke agro, this might be a different discussion, but as is, stealth is useless to a ranger that does not have the Remorseless trait, and thus so is Hunter’s Shot.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I’ve spent a very short time with the longbow fighting in PvE.

The stealth isn’t really that great, for stealth. The sole purpose for it is to force people to drop you as their target. Which is very powerful and it’s what bothers me the most about stealth. We get it every 12 (or 10) seconds, which is powerful and annoying for opposing players. Especially since the actual stealth will only last a split second most of the time with the Ranger having barely moved, but the target will still have been dropped.

So here is what I expect will happen:
- stealth will get nerfed. It will no longer force a target drop. Instead, target skills will simply become unguided. Maybe the portrait of the target will turn grey instead.
- the nerf will make hunter’s shot useless, because the target drop is the only useful thing about it.
- this will give mixed reactions. Longbow will be bad again, but at least stealth will finally be fixed and it’ll be sort of worth it.

in Ranger

Simon.3106

Among other benefits the stealth on hunters also let’s you cast the beginning of barrage without detection.

To gain stealth you have to hit your target first but you cast barrage before your target gets close enough to hit so this won’t work.

Am i the only one who thinks that [Hunter’s Shot] became pretty useless as long as you’re not retreating/hiding?

Depends on your perspective. Remorseless + Opening strike would be of good use. Every time you do opening strike, you causes vulnerability. I see it as a positive advantage. We aren’t losing anything; we gained something (stealth). The 10 vuln stack was not removed but was combined into Rapid Shot (giving us the ability to spread our Vuln further and wider by using piercing shot).

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

if anything, you just got a DPS increase on Rapid Fire. As each shot will do +1% damage squared more then the last. if the game mechanics isn’t completely up-side-down

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: SaraFjellskoge.4168

SaraFjellskoge.4168

I’ll also point out that the ten stacks of vulnerability that used to be applied with hunter’s shot are now spread out onto each of rapid fire’s ten shots. Before the patch, you could fire hunter’s shot for the 10 stacks, then fire rapid shot, allowing all 10 shots to reap the full benefit of the vulnerability. Now the vulnerability gradually grows throughout rapid shot, which amounts to an overall damage decrease. This -again- puts pressure on longbow rangers to trait for Remorseless so that they can make up for lost DPS.

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

I’ve spent a very short time with the longbow fighting in PvE.

The stealth isn’t really that great, for stealth. The sole purpose for it is to force people to drop you as their target. Which is very powerful and it’s what bothers me the most about stealth. We get it every 12 (or 10) seconds, which is powerful and annoying for opposing players. Especially since the actual stealth will only last a split second most of the time with the Ranger having barely moved, but the target will still have been dropped.

So here is what I expect will happen:
- stealth will get nerfed. It will no longer force a target drop. Instead, target skills will simply become unguided. Maybe the portrait of the target will turn grey instead.
- the nerf will make hunter’s shot useless, because the target drop is the only useful thing about it.
- this will give mixed reactions. Longbow will be bad again, but at least stealth will finally be fixed and it’ll be sort of worth it.

Sure, ANet will rework how stealth works, because we have 1 weapon skill that applies it.

in Ranger

Posted by: GrizzledLone.3954

GrizzledLone.3954

@Simon: Piercing Arrows + Eagle Eye since that gives you full dmg (especially in WvW but PvE as well). Never used Remorseless and won’t do that any time soon because those both traits are more powerful.

if anything, you just got a DPS increase on Rapid Fire. As each shot will do +1% damage squared more then the last. if the game mechanics isn’t completely up-side-down

unfortunately it is a dps decrease. Hunter’s Shot → Rapid Fire: that was +10% on all 10 arrows.

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

Stealth doesn’t drop agro. And you’re a pet class so it will attack your pet anyway.

If you stealth, you loose aggro while you’re stealth.

Any attack on your pet instead of you is a good thing.

in Ranger

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

As a WvW commander, this just means I’m going to have to use the phrase “it’s just a ranger, not an ac” even more often.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Ok, these are actual good changes for the Ranger

Stealth + Blast Finisher is nice.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Btw guys, the vuln applied from Hunters Shot was 10 for 8s, the new Vuln on rapid fire is 10s per stack, so the vuln will be up longer than it would have been on hunters shot, granted it won’t be up at peak strength as long, but it’ll still be up for a while, and assuming it takes a full 2s to apply all the vuln then it’s literally a buff and means the vuln is up LONGER than before, that is all.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

They need to up the vulnerability stacks on Maul to 6 or 10. That should make up for some of the loss with the bleeds. And, still, we should be able to move around with axe 5. Besides those things, I like the changes so far. Although…I have to get used to not opening with hunter’s shot now. I just realized It’s been embedded within my gamer’s muscle memory.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

The stealth is pretty nice in combination with point blank shot. At least, I could position myself perfectly while fighting golems in the mists. Now I just need to get used to not opening with hunter’s shot.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

The Stealth will help me when i’m running my Zerg Spec, that’s for sure

I’m also loving the Horn Changes for Trap Build, very very nice weapon for that set now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I seriously expected 10 stacks of vulnerability for the cooldown the ability has an how hard it is to land it, let alone mention that our “burst” skill hits for around 3.6-4k crits, basically at most 1k more than my guardian’s greatsword autoattack crits with pvt gear and berserker jewels/accessories.

My longbow autos non-crit at <1000 range are around 600-700 in berserker gear. That’s just terrible.

Power coefficients for the ranger need to be fixed if you want to see any ranger playing a non-condi build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Nah, zenith, marks/skirm/nature magic ranger is a strong, bursty build and plenty of people are using it. I’ve ran rampager, zerk, or valkryie for the last month and am having lots of fun and winning battles in wvw. I lose some too but that’s when I get outplayed or countered.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

Nah, zenith, marks/skirm/nature magic ranger is a strong, bursty build and plenty of people are using it. I’ve ran rampager, zerk, or valkryie for the last month and am having lots of fun and winning battles in wvw. I lose some too but that’s when I get outplayed or countered.

The problem with these bursty builds is they’re only good when looked at with the ranger in mind. It’s no where near the burst nearly every other class is capable of and those other classes have other advantages on top.

Burst is the problem with this class more than anything imo.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

The problem with these bursty builds is they’re only good when looked at with the ranger in mind. It’s no where near the burst nearly every other class is capable of and those other classes have other advantages on top.

How much do you think a Maul hits for in a typical valkyrie build?

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

How much do you think a Maul hits for in a typical valkyrie build?

90% crit damage 6745 crit on a level 80 thief. No idea on their armor value. Was about average though. Like I said earlier though… I’m setting myself up for failure because I want this class to be somethign ANet doesn’t want it to be (a bow user). I realize I’m expecting too much and it’s my own fault for having the complaints I have.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Seems low, I usually have around 120% crit damage and I use burst from SOTW traited 25% increased damage so I do see bigger numbers than 7k, usually over 10k I think.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Congrats, your maul with a 48 sec cd signet use just net you 7k-10k.

Backstab thief with signet pop lands 16k backstabs and my warrior just landed an eviscerate with no cooldowns used for 11k.

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

so more stealth capabilities, threatening melee damage and less overall dot with more burst next in line?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

3 stacks of vulnerability in exchange for 3 bleed stacks? Are you kidding me? You actually nerfed GS damage, it’s unbelievable.

Yeah, not sure why people are so dismissive of the bleed damage. Even if you had 0 condition damage and were were a berserk/crit build hitting for 5k on average with maul, 3 stacks of bleed * 6 sec = 18*42 = 756 damage, or 15% additional damage.

Replacing it with 3% vulnerability for 6 sec is a huge nerf. To equal the old bleed damage in bleed’s worst-case scenario, you’d have to do 756/.03 = 25k damage in the next 6 seconds. Possible in a group, but it might as well not even be there for solo play.

If you were running a condition build doing 100 bleed damage per tick, then it’s 1800/.03 = 60k damage in the next 6 seconds before the 3% vulnerability will be as useful as the bleed.

Counterattack—Crippling Throw: This skill can now be used while moving. Increased the cripple duration to 5 seconds.

I would make the trade to lose bleeds for being able to use secondary 4 while moving anyday, I would trade over and over and go back in time and trade again. Been waiting for this to happen since begin of game.

I’ll wait til I get home and see how this works first. Counterattack is a block/kick combo. You block a hit, then you kick. But the kick wouldn’t fire if you were moving. So you could fire the skill while moving, and for 3-4 sec (never figured out the timing) you’d block everything.

If they changed this so it kicks even if you’re moving, that’s a massive nerf to the skill (though Anet would consider it a bug fix). It would only be able to block a single attack, instead of blocking everything for 3-4 sec.

So I’ll wait til trying it before proclaiming it an improvement.

Even though its 1 vulnerability per hit on rapid fire, it starts disappearing when it has 3 secs on. So its 10 stacks for 7 secs really.

The math works out to the same increase in damage. It’s an aggregate 100 percent-seconds either way. With the old skill you get 10% for 10 sec straight (100 percent-seconds). With the new you get vulnerability ramping up to 10% over 3 sec (15 percent-seconds), then 7 sec of 10% (70 percent-seconds), then ramping down to 0% over 3 sec. (15 percent-seconds) The total damage bonus is the same in both cases.

You’re 1 month out of date. Longbow used to have garbage DPS. The June patch gave its autoattack a 25% DPS boost, which made it competitive with the other weapons.

It only sucked when the target was close to you, which is why the stealth synergizes well with the weapon. Now you have a second skill (point blank shot being the other one) to give you a chance to increase the distance between you and the target.

in Ranger

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

haha very nice path for Rangers. i started one just a week ago and been having a blast. now even more so.

glad you guys are getting some good lovin’.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

O.o

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Rofl, I was playing with it earlier, I’d open with Rapid Fire on someone to apply every thing, when they turned to go after me, Boom I’d stealth

come out of stealth, Rapid Fire some more..

Get near me, boom Point Blank Shot (now 1200 range with Eagle Eye), time they got up, it was time for Stealth again.

in Ranger

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

I really like the changes. It’s a nice jump off point to make the class shiny.

Hunter’s Shot: This skill no longer applies vulnerability on each hit, but now grants the ranger stealth for 3 seconds.

I especially like this addition. However, the stealth goes away with damage taken or damage given to an enemy. It would be super rad if this was not the case. I have always thought that the Ranger needed some viable stealth and this is the chance ANET. I would reallllly like to see the stealth time extended to 5+ seconds since we lose the ability if damage is taken or given.Thieves don’t have to deal with that so why should Rangers? This could be a really viable escape option other than Lightning Reflexes.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

@maul
It would be great if vulnerability where applied BEFORE the hit. There’s enough of a delay between activation and actually landing then hit for it to happen. Here’s what they could do.
- A melee range AoE (5 targets) vulnerability when the bear sound starts
- A single target melee range vulnerability (more stacks) when the bear sound starts

@remorseless being “mandatory” for LB
LB can still use SoBM. Marksmanship grandmaster is now actually a choice.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

…the greatsword, which was a fun weapon for PVE dungeon content…

…The only way to get at least some use out of it now with a crit/condition build, is…

WAT

Are you completely sure neither of these was a Typo?? If so, what dungeon “content” are you talking about exactly?? … Don’t make me explain why 25 Bleed stacks usually get capped way before Vuln stacks do. :p (yes even in a 5 man team)

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I miss the Vulnerability on Hunter’s Shot.
Now we have even less damage, sicne we can’t start on 10 stack of Vulnerability on the foes.

My suggestion:

• [#3] Hunter’s Shot 12sec Applies 10 stacks of Vulnerability. Fire a shot that strikes for more damage the less health your target has @ 1200 Range
  • [#4] Point Blank Shot ½ 15sec Push back your foe with a point-blank shot. The closer they are, the farther it pushes them back. Grants you 5sec stealth when it hits.
    (Pet’s damage don’t breaking it any longer) 900 Range
    Why? It’s not OP, we can decide to attack the target within 5 seconds, or stay back hidden.
    https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/To-Devs-The-Useable-Longbow-Skills-More/

I would like to see more skirmishing and stealth abilities in the future. – for the Hunter game style.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

(edited by RoyalPredator.9163)