Ranger Game Update Notes - October 15, 2013

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Really? They buff support into being extremely viable on EVERY OTHER PROFESSION and then for ranger what do they do? Give us a wimpy kitten pet heal compared to the monstrous heal that Guardians, Necros, and Eles (will be a flood of smaller heals unlike the other 2). Sure, you buffed Vigorous Training, big whoop, you only did that cause you nerfed our other source of AoE vigor (which i’d argue was far better).

And oh god!! How dare you give rangers a half way decent condi removal for taking one of the weakest pets in the game (bears)! Cause we all know 3 condis instead of 2 would have just been WAAAAAAAY too strong, i mean god forbid someone took a bear AND empathetic bond! It’d almost be like a bunker was immune to conditions! That’d just be really OP!

Well on the bright side, my ele was buffed big time! And my engi and mesmer got buffs too, looks like i’ll be maining my ele afterall because it’s clear that anet doesn’t know what the hell they’re doing when it comes to ranger. I mean for kittens sakes, they couldn’t even find Companions Defense in their preview, and this is the SECOND time they’ve blatantly lied about buffs for us.

Perma aoe fury with Red Moa and concentration training \o/

Are you serious? it is not perma fury!!!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

So how long have Rangers been waiting to be fixed now? 8 years?

Where was the guy who was convinced that this patch would finally fix Rangers because some random rep said they would at Pax?

in Ranger

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

That guy is no longer with us.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Also Vigorous Training doesnt work…Clap clap clap clap

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Are you kittening joking? Healing Spring traited with vigorous renewal was the STRONGEST team support we had outside of spirits, whom keep in mind die way too easily in pve and wvw. And you guys just hardcore Nerf that into the ground?? This class kittening sucks.

All the other “buffs” are mediocre at best and don’t even address the fact that our class mechanic is unreliable in 2/3 of the kittening game. One god kitten year and all you do is still cater to the casual.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Also Vigorous Training doesnt work…Clap clap clap clap

You just made me cry……… clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap (sniff)

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

Where was the guy who was convinced that this patch would finally fix Rangers because some random rep said they would at Pax?

his/her name was Synful Chaot or somesuch and he was like “yes they are working on it – some xyz dev was promising me that at pax (or somewhere) …”
^^
well guess what…. snip
where are the # of weapon changes Mr Colin said would come with this patch?
7% more damage on Maul (and the small Vulnerability buff on a skill we should use AFTER we stacked the vuln on the enemy)?

Thats it? Really?

Disappointed is not the word I am searching here… the word would be kittened out and I would get banned for it I guess…

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

ok. i change my main from ranger once and for all… i was a kudzu…
lololololololol this update

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: Seda Khold.5428

Seda Khold.5428

Yep, four legendaries deep on my ranger. Nothing compared to Skady, but I’m seriously considering dropping it anyways.

If they made legendaries account bound, I’m unsure there’d be a second thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Also i think traps have larger casting range..

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

his/her name was Synful Chaot or somesuch and he was like “yes they are working on it – some xyz dev was promising me that at pax (or somewhere) …”
^^
well guess what…. snip
7% more damage on Maul (and the small Vulnerability buff on a skill we should use AFTER we stacked the vuln on the enemy)?

Thats it? Really?

Disappointed is not the word I am searching here… the word would be kittened out and I would get banned for it I guess…

Yes. Her name is SynfulChaot, aka me. And no, I didn’t say it would ‘fix’ rangers. Just that we’d get some attention. Unfortunately we got less than I’d like as well, though at least we did get the pet health buff. Outside of that, Maul, and the fern hound regen, though, I’m disappointed as well. I just hope we get more pet improvements as they see the effect (or lack thereof) of the pet health buff.

And yes, I still main a ranger.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Really? They buff support into being extremely viable on EVERY OTHER PROFESSION and then for ranger what do they do? Give us a wimpy kitten pet heal compared to the monstrous heal that Guardians, Necros, and Eles (will be a flood of smaller heals unlike the other 2). Sure, you buffed Vigorous Training, big whoop, you only did that cause you nerfed our other source of AoE vigor (which i’d argue was far better).

And oh god!! How dare you give rangers a half way decent condi removal for taking one of the weakest pets in the game (bears)! Cause we all know 3 condis instead of 2 would have just been WAAAAAAAY too strong, i mean god forbid someone took a bear AND empathetic bond! It’d almost be like a bunker was immune to conditions! That’d just be really OP!

Well on the bright side, my ele was buffed big time! And my engi and mesmer got buffs too, looks like i’ll be maining my ele afterall because it’s clear that anet doesn’t know what the hell they’re doing when it comes to ranger. I mean for kittens sakes, they couldn’t even find Companions Defense in their preview, and this is the SECOND time they’ve blatantly lied about buffs for us.

? I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not XD

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

•“Sic ’Em”: This shout now applies 4 seconds of revealed on the targeted enemy. Updated the range skill fact to 2000 to match the maximum usable distance of this skill.

Gotta love when even buffs come with a kick in the balls. “Remember how we nerfed your pet leash range last time ’round? lolz, we do!”.

Big bowl of ‘meh’ otherwise, apart from the HS change which drags yet another skill (hello Muddy Terrain) into the direction of everything else in this game: short and fast.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

The “Sick Em” buff was nice but thats about it, if Anet really wants to go the direction of a stealth counter why not give each weapon a reaveled type attack. Sure it won’t be overly great for zerg and what not but at least its something.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

You act like it’s free. You have to go 10 in nature magic (concentraing training) and 10 in beastmastery (commanding voice) for it AND take a red moa. Ranger just doesn’t have that kind of points to spread around without diluting a build.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I hate to crack it for you guys but that trait doesn’t work even half of the time.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

in Ranger

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Congrats, guys.

You just understood what I’ve known for a better part of the year.

Time to move on, the sooner the better.

Leman

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

You act like it’s free. You have to go 10 in nature magic (concentraing training) and 10 in beastmastery (commanding voice) for it AND take a red moa. Ranger just doesn’t have that kind of points to spread around without diluting a build.

I'm pretty lost with figuring out my ranger build now, I usually go bunker condition~

in Ranger

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

I really don’t have anything to say about it other than it was a terrible balance patch. Not just from a balance perspective either. Launching features that don’t work (Vigorous Training), breaking tooltips to not make sense (sword), and making improvements to skills that are broken by design/unresponsiveness (Pet F2s).

That’s ON TOP of not understanding the games classes well enough to balance them appropriately.

I waited 4 months of my time for this nonsense. I mean, life goes on outside of Guild Wars 2, of course. But 4 months for this? I’m extremely tired of trying to be respectful and understanding for the “plight” of the devs, only to be answered with incompetence on their part when there was more than enough time and opportunity to do things right.

I’m starting to think ANet is nothing more than a bunch of mediocre community college intro to programming students who a joined a STEM club to create Guild Wars 2 for extra credit. Because there’s no way I’d be paying these people to do a job like this.

Living World Team, Content Team, Design Team, Support Team, etc, all fine. Balance Team, somebody get some new blood in this department.

I probably won’t be logging into the game again until December, and that’s only if I see a “juicy” looking patch.

It sadness me too

I feel ANet in the past year has been very unprofessional with its game. The game looks and plays amazing but the quality they have put into balancing the professions in this game is just a sign of how out of touch they are.

The 2 things that happen in the last month that has destroyed any confidence I had in Anet.

1. The leak patch notes and the video from the leaker

2. The ANet employee that started trolling players during a GvG

Absolute signs that the developers are out of touch with their community.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

It sadness me too

I feel ANet in the past year has been very unprofessional with its game. The game looks and plays amazing but the quality they have put into balancing the professions in this game is just a sign of how out of touch they are.

The 2 things that happen in the last month that has destroyed any confidence I had in Anet.

1. The leak patch notes and the video from the leaker

2. The ANet employee that started trolling players during a GvG

Absolute signs that the developers are out of touch with their community.

I think the biggest sign is that they have repeatedly shown that they don’t seem to favor all classes equally. Some are blatantly visible favorites (ex. warrior) and some are blatantly underlooked (ex. ranger).

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

^^
well guess what…. snip

Thats it? Really?

Yes. Her name is SynfulChaot, aka me. And no, I didn’t say it would ‘fix’ rangers. Just that we’d get some attention. Unfortunately we got less than I’d like as well, though at least we did get the pet health buff. Outside of that, Maul, and the fern hound regen, though, I’m disappointed as well. I just hope we get more pet improvements as they see the effect (or lack thereof) of the pet health buff.

And yes, I still main a ranger.

I didn´t want to sound it that mean, sorry. Just really disappointed again with the patch.

I also main a ranger …well since early beta (when we actually kicked kitten with a greatsword ;-) ) … and nothing since then convinced me really that they are working on the real problem.

To me it seems they dont even see where the problem is.
Its like someone lost a leg and they putting little patches on and say “there there” ^^

Well they disappointed me for the last time with this “patch” thats for sure…
I wish you luck and have fun with your subpar class in a game where the balance devs not even find the right trait when they are looking for it…

I still laugh at that two dudes (man to think they are in charge of the balance changes…. suddenly everything becomes very very clear)

again… sorry if I was rude
I hope you accept my apologies… have fun Syn….

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

I didn´t want to sound it that mean, sorry. Just really disappointed again with the patch.

I also main a ranger …well since early beta (when we actually kicked kitten with a greatsword ;-) ) … and nothing since then convinced me really that they are working on the real problem.

To me it seems they dont even see where the problem is.
Its like someone lost a leg and they putting little patches on and say “there there” ^^

Well they disappointed me for the last time with this “patch” thats for sure…
I wish you luck and have fun with your subpar class in a game where the balance devs not even find the right trait when they are looking for it…

I still laugh at that two dudes (man to think they are in charge of the balance changes…. suddenly everything becomes very very clear)

again… sorry if I was rude
I hope you accept my apologies… have fun Syn….

Yeah. I think we’re all disappointed with the patch. I will be enjoying a few more pets now that their health is buffed in PvE, as will I be enjoying the maul buff when I’m not using the sword. Other than that, though, we really didn’t get much in the way of support. In fact, one of our biggest supports got shanked (Vigorous Renewal, RIP).

I’m still hoping that the health buff is just a first step and more pet changes will be coming once they see how much (or how little, most likely) the health buff actually changes things. I think they’re massively overestimating how much that will help.

in Ranger

AydenStar.4216

I think the biggest sign is that they have repeatedly shown that they don’t seem to favor all classes equally. Some are blatantly visible favorites (ex. warrior) and some are blatantly underlooked (ex. ranger).

Guardian/Warrior Wars 2

I agree, the favoritism is very blatantly and unprofessional especially when they are trying to push this game as an esport.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Guardian/Warrior Wars 2

I agree, the favoritism is very blatantly and unprofessional especially when they are trying to push this game as an esport.

Extremely. I hold that the main balance devs should be forced to play only rangers in all game modes for an entire month. Maybe then they would be forced to see what we’ve been saying since launch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

More than a little disappointing. Had hoped that this pass would make returning to the game worthwhile despite other concerns with its direction. Maybe next month.

in Ranger

AydenStar.4216

Extremely. I hold that the main balance devs should be forced to play only rangers in all game modes for an entire month. Maybe then they would be forced to see what we’ve been saying since launch.

They should be forced to play a Ranger in a hardcore WvW guild for a month. I would give them a week until:

A. They quit ANet from all for the rage they will get for playing a Ranger in the first place in a hardcore WvW guild

B. Finally understand our pain and hire the BEST developers to fix the Ranger A.S.A.P.

But none of this will happen.

in Ranger

Posted by: Humbolio.2174

Humbolio.2174

I think we’re missing the reason for this. Consider the following:

When new people join the game this late, they are not the die-hard GW1 people or even the people tempted over from WoW, they are the newer, casual gamers.

What do these gamers play? Why they play the likes of Ranger, Warrior and Elementalist as stylised on TV and films.

Ranger gets a buff to the one thing these casual gamers will need in the first few levels, a really tanky pet. Game seems easy, appealing and as such, they stay. Warrior is already renown for easy-mode and Elementalist – well most new people to the game will go straight for that staff which also got a buff.

They didn’t balance any class for fairness, they balanced ranger as ANET consider it a newbies class. This is why they buffed the pets in PvE only and also why nobody there plays as a ranger or represents the class effectively – newbies don’t watch that kind of stuff and the rest are just the silent majority

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

No LB cripple.

No piercing/cooldown consolidation.

No full snare removal on LR.

No ignore range for pet owners on pet F2.

Fail on all accounts in my book.

And LOL on stalker/moa buffs. Get your buff priority fix first before you try to buff F2. What’s the point of buffing it when half the time you won’t get your own buffs in a crowd?

F2 buffs should ignore range for pet owners.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I think we’re missing the reason for this. Consider the following:

When new people join the game this late, they are not the die-hard GW1 people or even the people tempted over from WoW, they are the newer, casual gamers.

What do these gamers play? Why they play the likes of Ranger, Warrior and Elementalist as stylised on TV and films.

Ranger gets a buff to the one thing these casual gamers will need in the first few levels, a really tanky pet. Game seems easy, appealing and as such, they stay. Warrior is already renown for easy-mode and Elementalist – well most new people to the game will go straight for that staff which also got a buff.

They didn’t balance any class for fairness, they balanced ranger as ANET consider it a newbies class. This is why they buffed the pets in PvE only and also why nobody there plays as a ranger or represents the class effectively – newbies don’t watch that kind of stuff and the rest are just the silent majority

If this concept were correct, they’d have changed Sword attack to not leap. It’s also complete BS that the Ranger style classes draw newbies. If anything, Thief classes draw more newer players to them. Or Mages. Things with flashy numbers and edgy gameplay.

But even if they do attract new players, and new players want a jack of all trades class, it’s the developers responsibility as game designers to ensure their product is both balanced and rewarding. Something this class most certainly is not.

There are ways to make a skill floor low and a skill ceiling high to entice in new players but reward those that stick with the class. They’ve failed in this regard and in many other ways with this class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

i dont see much difference between pet dieing before and now it stil dies on 1 hit by any champ or bigger group of mobs ..just mesmers will be happy as their illusion will stay much longer ..

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Is Ranger still twitching? yes? not to worry, there is always the next balance to “Fix” them.

Why do ANet HATE rangers so bad?

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Nothing but single digit reductions on cooldowns and tooltip/bug fixes.
meanwhile, Warriors and Guardian are better than ever and only ever seem to get stronger with each passing update.

Also, just in case anyone was still delusional enough to think anet values the classes equally, while we are still asking for a simple fix to 1H sword…

“Final Thrust: This ability now uses a more fluid animation.”

Classic Anet…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I see a number of buffs and no nerf other than hs, seems like a good patch to me. Of course the changes to ranger, or lack there of, only matter in the context of changes to other classes. If every other class got a nerf then its a good patch for us. You need to see how it pans out for other classes before you start crying.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Is Ranger still twitching? yes? not to worry, there is always the next balance to “Fix” them.

Why do ANet HATE rangers so bad?

>Grudge<

that’s all i can think of.

(Rumor has it)-

Robert.H was the last person was in love with our class; unfortunately, Arena.net didn’t like that so, they ended his love for us.

such Tragedy,……..

for loving the Lesser class.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

So I just got back home, read the notes, and I’m sitting here laughing my kitten off. I’m so glad I expected this. I’ll be on my guardian and warrior in the meantime.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Rofl, Ok in case Anet ever actually reads this post.

Let me clear a few things up for you.

If you’re going to increase Pet HP, one of the area’s you want to increase it in, Is the bloody area with massive stacks of people AOEing, in otherwords..World vs World.

Also

Ranger Pets •Juvenile Jungle Stalker •Mighty Roar: Increased the might duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. Reduced the recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.

The reason this ability isn’t used has little to do with the Recharge or Duration of the Ability, If you bothered to ask us before making these pitiful changes we’d be able to tell you what is wrong with it. The reason no one uses this ability is because the abilities cast time is bloody 3 seconds. So Not only do I have to stand near that bloody pet for 3 seconds, I got to waste way more potential DPS casting the ability then I gain from it.

•Juvenile Brown Bear •Shake It Off: This skill will now remove two conditions from nearby allies.

Again, While its an improvement, No one is going to slot this pet to remove 2 conditions on a 25 second cooldown, if it was 3 or 4 People might of slotted this pet and took the DPS loss.. otherwise no…Its not worth it.

•Juvenile Black Bear •Enfeebling Roar: Reduced the recharge from 45 seconds to 40 seconds.

This is not a buff, No one is going to slot the Black Bear because we already have far better ways to get Weakness. Dropping the cooldown by 5 seconds is not a buff, does not improve the utility of the pet, and is bloody sad you thought it was.

•Juvenile Blue Moa •Protecting Screech: Reduced the recharge from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.

Again, You didn’t improve the utility of this pet like you talked about, This is not an improvement, The reason these pets aren’t be used isn’t because the cooldown of the abilities, but because the Heal that these pet do is completely unreliable, which is why you would take them in the first place

•Juvenile Red Moa •Furious Screech: Reduced the recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.

This will probably get used in a dungeon, It won’t be used anywhere else

•Juvenile Cave Spider •Weakening Venom: Increased the vulnerability from 1 stack for 5 seconds to 3 stacks for 10 seconds.

sadly, you probably think that the 3 stacks from 1 stack is a massive buff and that’s why this pet is now better, When in reality the only actual useful buff you did was increasing it from 5 seconds to 10 seconds to give us better Condition Cover

•Juvenile Fern Hound •Regenerate: This will now also heal nearby allies for 1000 base and up to 1350 when traited with Compassion Training.

Actual Buff I suppose, Till you realize it has a huge cast time, and is annoying to get off like most pet abilities

•Juvenile Hawk •Lacerating Slash: Hawk and Eagle now have separate cooldowns for this skill.

Now only if using Lacerating Slash was an actual DPS increase over the pet auto attacking

•Juvenile Lynx •Rending Pounce: This skill’s tooltip now displays the correct amount of bleeding applied.

Great…

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Hi. I would like a pet bat for my ranger. I will name him Louie. Or maybe Radar. On second thought, I don’t want a pet bat. Deciding on a name would be too difficult. Perhaps even traumatic. Unless we could have two bats. Or maybe just one bat, if it had the multiple personality disorder.

Wait, I just remembered I have two rangers. So one could have Louie and the other could have Radar. So never mind about the multiple personality disorder.

If you’re wondering why I wouldn’t name a pet bat Bruce, which I must admit would be a good name for a bat, it’s because one of my rangers named his pet shark Bruce. It would be too confusing.

Thanks.

The table is a fable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

I seen a bug, the X in beastmaster, when you swap pet (in combat) it give a aoe vigor. it didnt give it…

The sword bleed remove is cool, the XII markmanship, you regain the strike on a dead or on a stealth.

Is what I see interresting.

There is no bleed remove on the sword, people have tested it and found it to just be bugged… and XII has done that since they’ve reworked hunter’s shot.

Ok so, no buff but more bug? wow… I feel depress now…

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

in Ranger

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Buffs-coming-on-Oct-15th-What-buffs/first#post2906341

I guess one was the number they were thinking of.

I would love to see the balance team at Anet compare the ranger with the guardian in PvE and explain exactly why they think the ranger is in such a good place that it only needs a little more damage and vulnerability on maul, less easy access to vigor, and some changes to F2 skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

Rofl, Ok in case Anet ever actually reads this post.

Let me clear a few things up for you.

If you’re going to increase Pet HP, one of the area’s you want to increase it in, Is the bloody area with massive stacks of people AOEing, in otherwords..World vs World.

Also

Ranger Pets •Juvenile Jungle Stalker •Mighty Roar: Increased the might duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. Reduced the recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.

The reason this ability isn’t used has little to do with the Recharge or Duration of the Ability, If you bothered to ask us before making these pitiful changes we’d be able to tell you what is wrong with it. The reason no one uses this ability is because the abilities cast time is bloody 3 seconds. So Not only do I have to stand near that bloody pet for 3 seconds, I got to waste way more potential DPS casting the ability then I gain from it.

•Juvenile Brown Bear •Shake It Off: This skill will now remove two conditions from nearby allies.

Again, While its an improvement, No one is going to slot this pet to remove 2 conditions on a 25 second cooldown, if it was 3 or 4 People might of slotted this pet and took the DPS loss.. otherwise no…Its not worth it.

•Juvenile Black Bear •Enfeebling Roar: Reduced the recharge from 45 seconds to 40 seconds.

This is not a buff, No one is going to slot the Black Bear because we already have far better ways to get Weakness. Dropping the cooldown by 5 seconds is not a buff, does not improve the utility of the pet, and is bloody sad you thought it was.

•Juvenile Blue Moa •Protecting Screech: Reduced the recharge from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.

Again, You didn’t improve the utility of this pet like you talked about, This is not an improvement, The reason these pets aren’t be used isn’t because the cooldown of the abilities, but because the Heal that these pet do is completely unreliable, which is why you would take them in the first place

•Juvenile Red Moa •Furious Screech: Reduced the recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.

This will probably get used in a dungeon, It won’t be used anywhere else

•Juvenile Cave Spider •Weakening Venom: Increased the vulnerability from 1 stack for 5 seconds to 3 stacks for 10 seconds.

sadly, you probably think that the 3 stacks from 1 stack is a massive buff and that’s why this pet is now better, When in reality the only actual useful buff you did was increasing it from 5 seconds to 10 seconds to give us better Condition Cover

•Juvenile Fern Hound •Regenerate: This will now also heal nearby allies for 1000 base and up to 1350 when traited with Compassion Training.

Actual Buff I suppose, Till you realize it has a huge cast time, and is annoying to get off like most pet abilities

•Juvenile Hawk •Lacerating Slash: Hawk and Eagle now have separate cooldowns for this skill.

Now only if using Lacerating Slash was an actual DPS increase over the pet auto attacking

•Juvenile Lynx •Rending Pounce: This skill’s tooltip now displays the correct amount of bleeding applied.

Great…

+1 and as always, Xsorus is spot on. If Anet reads any post today, that should be it. But I bet they won’t because they’re all giving each other “good games” from yet another awesome balance patch that took months to screw up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Honestly , i knew this was coming as soon as i saw the total lack of interest in the developer preview . When it was ele or guardian , its as if the devs were 2 girls about to get a pony … when it came to ranger , half the time was wasted on trying to find companions defense . LOL

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Juvenile Black Bear •Enfeebling Roar: Reduced the recharge from 45 seconds to 40 seconds.

Honestly that one takes the proverbial biscuit. If they really honestly thing that the reason people dont like (black) bears is because their F2 cooldown is 5s too long.. then ANet is really beyond all help.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Juvenile Black Bear •Enfeebling Roar: Reduced the recharge from 45 seconds to 40 seconds.

Honestly that one takes the proverbial biscuit. If they really honestly thing that the reason people dont like (black) bears is because their F2 cooldown is 5s too long.. then ANet is really beyond all help.

What annoys me is, They seem to have no actual clue why we don’t use certain pets.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Having no clue is human. I forgive human mistake. What i really can’t understand is why Anet can’t listen to us. We told them so many times, in very well argumented posts, full of passion to improve our game, what ranger needs. And the ranger community very often agrees on certain solutions, that they would really help and at same time not make us overpowered.

Anet a clue for you, if you are clueless yourself, listen to the people with WAAAAAAAAAAAY more playtime then you guys. I know you guys wanna ignore us because casual gameplay is first priority (and we are to hardcore in your books). But at same time, casual players are 95% of time happy no matter how broken something is. We will see the real problems for what they are. I have 8×80 profession, all of them 320+ hours. I played all in wvw (roaming and zerging), dungeons (casual and hardcore), pve, living story, spvp, etc. I don’t like to brag, but here you go, people like me (and rest in this topic), are way more qualified to make statements about professions problems, then you are Anet. It’s time to pull to plug on your own stubborn vision, and insert the communities vision.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krugan.7901

Krugan.7901

on the other hand when we first read the leaked notes we said that the change to companion’s defense was bad because we couldn’t use it to give protection to the pet and it was changed in the final version, so they do listen…. sometimes…

in Ranger

Posted by: Brangien.7462

Brangien.7462

Honestly healing spring’s 15 second water field was the best thing going for ranger…and they take it away… RIP Ranger class lol

in Ranger

AydenStar.4216

Having no clue is human. I forgive human mistake. What i really can’t understand is why Anet can’t listen to us. We told them so many times, in very well argumented posts, full of passion to improve our game, what ranger needs. And the ranger community very often agrees on certain solutions, that they would really help and at same time not make us overpowered.

Anet a clue for you, if you are clueless yourself, listen to the people with WAAAAAAAAAAAY more playtime then you guys. I know you guys wanna ignore us because casual gameplay is first priority (and we are to hardcore in your books). But at same time, casual players are 95% of time happy no matter how broken something is. We will see the real problems for what they are. I have 8×80 profession, all of them 320+ hours. I played all in wvw (roaming and zerging), dungeons (casual and hardcore), pve, living story, spvp, etc. I don’t like to brag, but here you go, people like me (and rest in this topic), are way more qualified to make statements about professions problems, then you are Anet. It’s time to pull to plug on your own stubborn vision, and insert the communities vision.

I honestly think that ANet fully understands the issues with the Ranger but are not going to fix them properly until they have better profession balance with the other professions first before they decide to dedicate resources to fixing Ranger.

My issue is that they are not admitting these problems and basically ignore issues they don’t have the resources at the moment to fix. The Ranger community has been very patient with ANet but sooner or later patience becomes frustration.

(edited by AydenStar.4216)

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? You have to be constructive at all times or the negative waves keep Anet from being righteousness and we end up with another piece of junk.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

I saw a lot of bla this bla that. Have you actually tested the new ranger patched yet? If not I suggest you to test it.

Healing spring: Instead of 15s, your field last for 10. It still has 5 ticks. Previously you regen 2340 for 6 ticks (first ticks from the moment you put down your spring). Each ticks heal you for 390 for duration of 3 sec. Now you heal for 2 sec. How is this bad? Also 10s is more than enough to spam your blast finisher. 5s don’t really make much difference.

Jungle Stalker: I am not big fan of pet since it’s just a luggage. But heck if while it still alive it can give your party for 5 might for 15 sec. Heck why not?

Also to be fair, I think Anet should consider to patch the broken pet. It’s AI is still very terrible. Ranger sword still locked the class due the attack animation is lower than the shown tooltip (0.5 sec). The best way to move out is after the last chain but it’s ridiculous to only be able to move out at only the last chain.

I still have not tested the rest of ranger patch yet since the rest don’t really interest me but I may give it a shot to see why you all whine so much about it.

in Ranger

AydenStar.4216

2. Ranger has not gotten a single needed boost to its skills and abilities, and the pets continue to be as useful as a rock.

I have to disagree with this statement.

Picking up a rock in this game and throwing it at your enemy is way more useful then the ranger’s pets.