Ranger Help Ranger [PET LOCATIONS]

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Apparently, it’s OK, from that POV.

I was told by a guildie (thank you!) that you don’t have to compete for them.

What happens is that, when you Charm one, the one you Charmed despawns for you, but not for other players/Rangers.

So, there should always be the same number available for everyone.

I don’t know about that. My personal experience was that when my other Ranger party member tamed an e wyvern in front of me, it disappeared for few seconds. This was at 20 seconds before the map was going to close by the way. My hand was sweating like a faucet. It does respawn, but no, it does disappear.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Apparently, it’s OK, from that POV.

I was told by a guildie (thank you!) that you don’t have to compete for them.

What happens is that, when you Charm one, the one you Charmed despawns for you, but not for other players/Rangers.

So, there should always be the same number available for everyone.

I don’t know about that. My personal experience was that when my other Ranger party member tamed an e wyvern in front of me, it disappeared for few seconds. This was at 20 seconds before the map was going to close by the way. My hand was sweating like a faucet. It does respawn, but no, it does disappear.

Well, this is what I originally thought.

I thought that, if I Charmed a Juvenile animal, it would disappear entirely, for everyone (until it respawned).

Maybe my guildie was wrong?

If it isn’t like that, it should be though.

Like gathering nodes etc..

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

in Ranger

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

I found the following helpful when trying to obtain to the tiger -

Step 1: Pull this up in the background http://prnt.sc/8wm7wf

Step 2: Join a map with an organized group

Step 3: Kill the dragon

Step 4: Alt tab to view http://prnt.sc/8wm7wf

Step 5: Waypoint

Step 6: Go claim your tiger

Here’s Tony http://imgur.com/ouutVAM

Ethan The Ranger

(edited by iczek.9628)

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I’m laughing so hard
People just go on first page of this thread, every thing is there:

• maps
  • notes
  • description
  • advices
Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Ranger

Posted by: Fearchara Keita.5074

Fearchara Keita.5074

I’m confused.
Fire Wyvern, choice 1 says: “REQUIRES NO GLIDING NO MUSH JUMPING”.
But the last sentence is: “After you get up you’ll spawn here [Matriarch’s Perch] as you’ll see on picture, then just glide to the area.”

To glide, or not to glide? That is the question… ^^

PS: Anyhow, thx for the great job!

(edited by Fearchara Keita.5074)

in Ranger

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

@Fearchara: It needs no gliding mastery investment past basic gliding and I guess it was just assumed that you almost get that instantly You don’t need any of the upgrades for it anyway.

I don’t actually remember if i glided when i went up there via the roots, though… hmmm…

in Ranger

Posted by: Jephiroth.3197

Jephiroth.3197

Finally got my tiger and electric wyvern. Guested to Blackgate and took part in the entire event. We smashed the towers with 40 minutes to go I think. Downed the next phase rather easily. First step was updrafting to the chest, then glide down to the hero point, wait for respawn…….. Half a dozen other Rangers waiting to get them also.

Then waypoint to northern advance camp, run south, turn west toward the vista. Go south from the vista and bingo, tigers.

Had both with 9 minutes remaining (started with 13 or so).

Thanks for all the help here! My collection is complete once again.

Traumahawk: WvW Shout/Seed Sinister Druid
Ashen Mistwalker: WvW Tank/Crit Revenant
Oaken Earthlore: WvW Medi/Bunker Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Won the map, flew west to the chest, client crash on the chest island.

Relogged into an empty Dragon’s Stand map.

Tried to rejoin party on the correct map: “Network Error: please check your internet connection”.

Yay.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: EDDIE WRECKER.1375

EDDIE WRECKER.1375

The first time attempting to complete the meta chain event to get access to the tiger spawn my computer blue screened on the victory cut scene. My computer has never done this. Someone in map chat suggest to turn down settings just in case, i did this the second time and had no issue.
Has anyone experienced this? Anyway i got the tiger on my second run! WOOT!

in Ranger

cafard.8953

Well, did DS again today, with graphics in potato mode. No crash, and the two pets are in, I HAZ ALL POKEMON AGAIN!

Cheers for the maps.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Ranger

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

Finally got mine today with three DS run.
First run i got crashed right after we defeated last boss
Second run i ran around like an idiot for 15m luckily found tiger at the last 10s before map close
Last Run everything went smooth and got my Wyvern right after killed boss.

Extra : after get wyvern in action!! i really just want to smash the keboard onto the screen not worth all the time and effort i put in it.

in Ranger

cafard.8953

Extra : after get wyvern in action!! i really just want to smash the keboard onto the screen not worth all the time and effort i put in it.

Dude. It’s all about the collection.

But yeah, the wyverns are bad bad bad. Well the electric one is still good for aoe swiftness in wvw i guess. The tiger is definitely worth it though. Usual great kitty damage, and 10s fury+burst on 8s cooldown (traited)? Yes please!

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Ranger

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

Got all of them except the Tiger so far. Got the electric wyvern last night after doing the events. I almost lost him too! I got to the point where you glide over and land, but kept falling off. Thought I was doing something wrong, died a few times.

Came back here and realized I had to use greatsword to jump that distance. I got him with 10 seconds before map reset! I was so excited!

As to those who are complaining about the wyvern and tiger being hard to get, they are not. The events are fun. It’s a feeling of accomplishment to finish the event and get the pet.

Now to hunt down my Tiger…

in Ranger

cafard.8953

realized I had to use greatsword to jump that distance

Look into the ooc sword 2 leap (out of combat, hit sword 2, swap weapon to cancel the leap back, swap weapon again to sword, hit 2 to leap forward), it’s a very useful proper long leap, unlike the weird hybrid run/leap of GS3. It’ll take you to plenty of places the GS won’t, and make the GS reachable places safer to leap to.

As to those who are complaining about the wyvern and tiger being hard to get, they are not. The events are fun. It’s a feeling of accomplishment to finish the event and get the pet.

I have ambivalent feelings about this. While i like the idea of a few pets taking some work to get and enjoyed getting those two, i believe gating them behind a map-wide event is a bad idea looking forward. Right now, the main issue is the client crash and this can be addressed after a fashion (potato mode or 64-bit client). But such events are terribly tied to population. If/when a better farm comes out, DS may get deserted and fail most of the time, and it’ll be tough for younger rangers. Just imagine if some pets were gated behind Triple Trouble…

A long open world soloable chain like the GW1 Black Moa would be my preference going forward. In fact, i’d love if such quest chains or collections were added to unlock even just cosmetic pets akin to the ones from HoM.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Ranger

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

@Cafard

I didn’t think about the other part you mentioned, about DS being deserted. Good point. I’m still actually in VB, but I ran down to DS and did 2 events just for the pets (got my tiger last night ). Now I can continue the story lol.

Your idea of a solo able chain is a good solution. FFXIV had that to open up flying mounts and get your flying Chocobo.

I just need the pets from GW1, but after reading what’s needed I don’t want to go through all that lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I have not ever been successful in getting to the tiger pet for my ranger. It did not seem to matter that the event succeeded. I glided down to the spot for them and no tigers.

I sat around for a long as I could but none spawned for me so I am using the Jungle Stalker or the Jaguar instead. The Jungle Stalker uses the same basic talents and all three cats offer up the same attributes.

I am hoping Anet removes the gating for this tiger as I really would like one….but I am afraid I shall be sorely disappointed.

in Ranger

Posted by: methozbbf.1928

methozbbf.1928

Its tooooo hard for me get Electric Wyvern. (AG server)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Its tooooo hard for me get Electric Wyvern. (AG server)

Ask a friendly mesmer to port you up from that big big root under the hill. There’s a lot of players who have a mesmer with the mastery. Try asking someone in your guild.

In PvE it doesn’t matter which server are you from as long as you are from the same region (EU / NA…)

“Observe, learn and counter.”