Ranger Patch Notes - June 25, 2013 - Official

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

@Ryan

Re-read the patch notes, beastmaster’s might for ranger might stacking, just got 3 times better. Also, in dungeons, frost spirit is an adept 7% group dps increase and spotter is 150 precision now to party, which is nice for people who aren’t running signets. Also, leaps for flame aura and rampage as one still exist, as they were the default might stacking mechanisms before (as well as stalker). No one took beastmaster’s might before.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

@Ryan

Re-read the patch notes, beastmaster’s might for ranger might stacking, just got 3 times better. Also, in dungeons, frost spirit is an adept 7% group dps increase and spotter is 150 precision now to party, which is nice for people who aren’t running signets. Also, leaps for flame aura and rampage as one still exist, as they were the default might stacking mechanisms before (as well as stalker). No one took beastmaster’s might before.

If you seriously think 2 extra might every 60-120 seconds is gonna make a game changing difference, not to mention the fact you’re going 20 into Marksman which is horrid for any 1on1 spec, then you are really selling yourself short. Power has such a bad diminishing return for ranger it’s not even funny. Just go 0/30/30/10/0 w/ knights and you’ll have more sustained damage and tank across the board than any power based build spec.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Nugget.8031

Nugget.8031

longbow auto attack feels soooooooo much faster now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Rofl, testing the damage right now..

Geez Cats are bad..

Maul does slightly and I mean slightly more damage then his auto which hits for less now it seems

yea they nerfed Cats Auto attack, It hits pitifully now…

Around 700 or so on auto attack, to give you an idea….Birds do that twice a hit

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

(edited by Xsorus.2507)

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

edit: this post makes no sense now that the topics are merged

(edited by Holland.9351)

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

That was not how you do it Anet… not at all…
my fun with the Ranger in WvW is gone now…
thats what you did with that “patch”
I hope someone “important” reads this and… I dont know… ignores it I guess…

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

How does might stacking with your pet work exactly if your pet is dead? One of the biggest issues with the pets is it’s survivability. If your not trating into BM, your pet is pretty much death on a leash.

If your running BM bunker in WvW, your not nearly as effective as you can be. How exactly is the update helping rangers in WvW if their pets are dead most of the time? At least before when they got 1-2 hits in, it did more damage…

I love the buff to the longbows as it’s my main weapon in WvW, but realistically, is there any reason to use any pet other than our beloved brown bear as it at least can take a few hits?

in Ranger

Posted by: Avonna.2140

Avonna.2140

wait!!!!!!!!!!!! im leaving with you!

I am a gamer!

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Rofl….at people who think losing 300 range on shortbow is made up by increasing the damage of 3 abilities by 15%, that all hit for less then crossfire in the first place.

Lets clear something up here…

People who are trying to pretend that kitten sandwich you’re eating is chicken are kidding themselves…

There is nothing positive about these nerfs, There is nothing is going to make up for them in this patch, You’re going to be doing less damage and with less range… The Ranger as a whole is collectively worse then it was before.

Quit pretending that everything is puppy dogs and rainbows.

This. A lot of people are in denial thinking rangers came out better. Longbow is still crap where its main damage skill is reduced greatly by how far the enemy is from you.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

well looks like it’s time for everyone to roll a thief….maybe we can get them nerfed!!!

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Rofl, testing the damage right now..

Geez Cats are bad..

Maul does slightly and I mean slightly more damage then his auto which hits for less now it seems

yea they nerfed Cats Auto attack, It hits pitifully now…

Around 700 or so on auto attack, to give you an idea….Birds do that twice a hit

Will test once im home but i knew maul woukd hit barely higher than auto + bleed, Bite is more dps basically.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Rofl….this will make you cry inside

Spiders auto… hits harder then Cats

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

What a kick to the crotch. I’m at a loss. Not only my build but my whole wvw playstyle has been effectively gutted.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Things will settle down..and as the meta evolves everyone will adapt…..

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

@Ryan

If you seriously think 2 extra might every 60-120 seconds is gonna make a game changing difference, not to mention the fact you’re going 20 into Marksman which is horrid for any 1on1 spec, then you are really selling yourself short. Power has such a bad diminishing return for ranger it’s not even funny. Just go 0/30/30/10/0 w/ knights and you’ll have more sustained damage and tank across the board than any power based build spec.

Signet cooldowns aren’t 120 seconds. Besides, I was talking wvw and dungeons there.

First of all, I never mentioned 1v1 because it’s not a standard gametype. There are only a couple kinds of real 1v1 in this game:

• 1v1 on point
  • 1v1 off point

The gvg and all the wvw 1v1 videos (sorry, Xsorsus, I do feel this way) are not really that interesting from a competitive point of view. So to me, your ideal 1v1 deathmatch is irrelevent. But let’s make it relevant for a moment. How many of you lost 1v1 fights in wvw before using regen/apothecary? Almost never? And would you all consider yourselves to be great players? I certainly wouldn’t call myself that and I won those fights too. Shouldn’t a 1v1 be skill dependent as opposed to build dependent? Yes! But it’s a team game built around capturing objectives so the 1v1 isn’t balanced and tested like a Halo or a Starcraft. Those are 1v1 games. This is a 5v5 game. Where’s the 5v5 guild vs guild battles? Why is it 1v1 or 20v20? And then, without satisfactory answers to these questions, we wonder why tpvp’ers make fun of us pve’ers. I’m just saying—1v1 and 20v20 require less skill than 5v5 which itself requires less skill than 5v5 plus objectives.

This is all very clear and we’ve known it since day 1.

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

Why are our pet changes global while things like Mesmer phantasms getting proper attention and being changed on a per-mode basis? Do birds really need to deal half damage in PvE?

in Ranger

Ryan.8367

@Ryan

Are we playig the same game? Signet cooldowns aren’t 120 seconds. Besides, I was talking wvw and dungeons there. You didn’t read the notes and you didn’t read my message I’m starting to wonder if you didn’t pay attention to anything about rangers over the last year.

First of all, I never mentioned 1v1 because it’s not a standard gametype. There are only a couple kinds of real 1v1 in this game:

• 1v1 on point
  • 1v1 off point

The gvg and all the wvw 1v1 videos (sorry, Xsorsus, I do feel this way) are not really that interesting from a competitive point of view. So to me, your ideal 1v1 deathmatch is irrelevent. But let’s make it relevant for a moment. How many of you lost 1v1 fights in wvw before using regen/apothecary? Almost never? And would you all consider yourselves to be great players? I certainly wouldn’t call myself that and I won those fights too. Shouldn’t a 1v1 be skill dependent as opposed to build dependent? Yes! But it’s a team game built around capturing objectives so the 1v1 isn’t balanced and tested like a Halo or a Starcraft. Those are 1v1 games. This is a 5v5 game. Where’s the 5v5 guild vs guild battles? Why is it 1v1 or 20v20? And then, without satisfactory answers to these questions, we wonder why tpvp’ers make fun of us pve’ers. I’m just saying—1v1 and 20v20 require less skill than 5v5 which itself requires less skill than 5v5 plus objectives.

My point is that 3 might over such a long duration is useless and not game changing to a power build at all, besides, you’re getting might from other classes in WvW zergs and dungeons anyway. You don’t even need to run that trait and you probably wouldn’t , you’d probably run spotter instead.

“The gvg and all the wvw 1v1 videos (sorry, Xsorsus, I do feel this way) are not really that interesting from a competitive point of view.”

But spamming autos on dungeon mobs is, cool story bro….

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m just adding my pets to my mini collection now.

The Burninator

in Ranger

Posted by: Theglados.7243

Theglados.7243

And once again Anet proves how short-sighted they are. In trying to “fix” the bunker build in sPvP they’ve ruined the ranger even more in WvW, a mode in which the ranger was already pretty much a laughing stock.

Pets are completely useless in WvW, dying instantly in large group fights and are too slow to do some actual damage to enemies. The only good thing about them was that you could get some easy quickness by putting 5 points in Beastmastery. If we want the same thing now, we need to put 30 points into probably the most useless trait-line for WvW, especially now that the pets have been nerfed even more. And don’t even get me started on the silly idea to make other weapons more viable by nerfing one of the most used ones…

It’s obvious that Anet doesn’t have any people on the balance team who play a ranger in WvW because this is just all around kittened and reeks of incompetence.

Falmaiya
Forsaken Gamers [FG]
Piken Square

in Ranger

Posted by: Zapperx.1649

Zapperx.1649

didnt even fix the horrible bugged shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: Depotboy.6204

Depotboy.6204

Man, you sunshine pumpers really crack me up.

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

This! I was surprised as well. Its interesting that .2 second aftercast reduction and 15% projectile speed make so much difference. Anyone running LB in WvW please post some experience with LB. Do the changes result in less out of range/obstructed issues? If yes, I can see a lot of power LB builds coming up. Too bad for Shortbow though, I hope they will put shortbow range increase into Eagle eye, so you can have 1200 range with it. 900 is just not enough for chasing people down, and thats one of the things I used shortbow for. If they were running away #4, #5, and autoattack. Did wonders with a condi build, sup earth signets, sharpened edges.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

they really nerfed cat auto attack ?? srsly ?? why would they do that ?

in Ranger

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Bumping this up since the leaks were confirmed and, as expected, every class was, for the most part, better off, while rangers got kittened so hard we’re getting free therapy.

I hope everyone that was so adamant about the leaks being “off” or “completely wrong!”, “no way”, etc… is now enjoying the taste of their own words. You know who you are. Hope they taste as good going in as they did going out.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

@Ryan

Signet cooldowns aren’t 120 seconds. Besides, I was talking wvw and dungeons there.

• 1v1 on point
  • 1v1 off point

Translated: “I play tPvP, so I don’t care about the rest of you WvW/PvE ’ers. Patch works for me, so you should be happy with your nerfs in WvW/PvE.”

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

@Ryan

Are we playig the same game? Signet cooldowns aren’t 120 seconds. Besides, I was talking wvw and dungeons there. You didn’t read the notes and you didn’t read my message I’m starting to wonder if you didn’t pay attention to anything about rangers over the last year.

• 1v1 on point
  • 1v1 off point

This is actually one of the reasons I stopped making WvW videos. I stopped running my own build almost three weeks ago as well. Teamwork is much more difficult and skill-oriented than running around with a bunch of random red names who like to wear bag tonics.

The teamwork stuff is where the real interesting elements of GW2 are. Hopefully, despite all the bad things this patch did, it will allow us to be of more use in a group. I’ve already got a build that’s been accepted into my guild’s zerg-busting unit which was unthinkable before. So while a lot of rangers are angry at what has happened as a result to the “range” element of our class, we at least got one worth-while build (hopefully more will emerge as well) that can be used with a group.

I want to think of it as a starting point. It’s been 9 months, and this is our first chance. Build on this ANet, don’t leave us alone again without any viable alternatives to run. Stagnation is death.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Ranger

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

*deleted because of the merged threading. My post made no sense in the flow.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

This! I was surprised as well. Its interesting that .2 second aftercast reduction and 15% projectile speed make so much difference. Anyone running LB in WvW please post some experience with LB. Do the changes result in less out of range/obstructed issues? If yes, I can see a lot of power LB builds coming up. Too bad for Shortbow though, I hope they will put shortbow range increase into Eagle eye, so you can have 1200 range with it. 900 is just not enough for chasing people down, and thats one of the things I used shortbow for. If they were running away #4, #5, and autoattack. Did wonders with a condi build, sup earth signetssharpened edges.

Does the new LB feel like the bugged attack speed you get when skill lag clears? That’s the only time LB felt great to me.

I actually look forward to getting that bug whenever I’m on EB.

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

wait for me too…

in Ranger

Posted by: Spaceman.1063

Spaceman.1063

Most serious rangers left long before this abomination of a patch happened, so you were probably the last few clinging to the last strands of hope.

It has been repeatedly and repeatedly shown that nobody in Anet’s "game balance" team ever actually played rangers for longer than three minutes, and so they only see them as cheap cannon fodder for their FOTM pimped up mesmer balls of fury (or as formerly, their permainvis 1on8 tanking murdering thief machines, though looks like they got a bit tired of those lately).

Don’t want to be constantly playing cannon fodder, mindlessly padding someone else’s stats while he laughs at you wearing level 40 blue gear? Don’t want to be relegated to sitting back in a tower watching upgrades ticking, or guarding some dumb circle in some god-forgotten SPVP game mode that nobody cares about?

Pick from one of the actually working ranged GW2 professions, in this order, and have your fun in either WvW, and PVE:

Warrior
Mesmer
Thief
Engineer
Elementalist
Necromancer
Guardian

“However, as this discussion has no real goal except complaining about the thief,
I will now close it.” – Moderator

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

… we wonder why tpvp’ers make fun of us pve’ers

Translated: “I play tPvP, so I don’t care about the rest of you WvW/PvE ’ers. Patch works for me, so you should be happy with your nerfs in WvW/PvE.”

/scratches head

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Scott.7163

Scott.7163

The animation looks dumb now. I want to see my character reach for an arrow from her quiver… but instead she conjures one out of her magical breasts after dangling her hand there pointlessly. There’s plenty of time for the animation to do exactly what I want and be the speed it is now but instead we’re given this… sigh…

EDIT: Found a fix… turn off autocast and don’t spam 1… and i’m happy again

in Ranger

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Hm, for PvE, yeah that’s a shame. For PvP though, Rangers were pretty much indestructible with BM builds. Not sure why they didn’t separate the updates.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I play mostly dungeons and fractals as well as world vs world in coordinated teams. I play tpvp but am a deer and a fairly awful player overall, compared to some of the talent I’ve seen lately at least on high level tpvp streams.

@ryan: never said I was a great player for enjoying dungeons, I just play for fun is that bad?

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

Ryan.8367

You’re living a fantasy if you think the current state of Rangers was ok. After seeing the supposedly leaked Patch Notes, you go on a QQ spree.

This FOTM no skill class needed to be toned down.

If these Patch Notes are legit, we’ll ONLY continue to see skilled rangers continue to play and the kiddo’s running Mes or something.

Autoattacking/petcarryme builds are in for a treat.

Enjoy the backseat.

seeing as beastmaster builds have never been buffed since launch, you might just want to realize that a lot the people that moved to ranger from other classes are just fotm hoppers. Beastmastery hasnt changed, ranger has never been OP, other classes have been nerfed to our level, which means we have to be nerfed again!

FOTM Hoppers, I’ll take that. I’m merely speaking on behalf of the PvP community. Can be brain dead while your pet does all the work and they still are able to achieve Top Spot Positions.

We’ll be seeing more Necro/Warrior “Hoppers” come next week I’m sure.

Looks like a guardian is kitten because his op bunker spec got stomped by a ranger’s op bunker spec in PvP (or else he wouldn’t be showing off the Maurader tag part in the sig). It’s ok bud, because of crybabies like you every ranger build in every area of the game just saw a nerf when it was only warranted in PvP. It’s ok , you can go back to binding keys to z,x,c,v,b,n,m and rolling your face across the keyboard to bunker hold mid-points again. Everything is alright now.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Rofl….pretty much only Birds feel viable as a pet right now….

Anyway…tested the new Call Lightning Damage out… seems to hit for about 3k when it goes off.. i’m not sure its effected by our stats..Cause I know it can’t crit…

in Ranger

Posted by: Avonna.2140

Avonna.2140

this is a game full of wonder and magic, sunshine and rainbows, ………………

and a glittery gem store…..

but dont think for a moment your going to get someone to spend the time and energy on a animation,

i mean have you played the ranger? were lucky we can use bows at all!

I am a gamer!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

Why are our pet changes global while things like Mesmer phantasms getting proper attention and being changed on a per-mode basis? Do birds really need to deal half damage in PvE?

This is the main thing that doesn’t make sense to me. They want to nerf pets because of one build in PvP, but leaves us much weaker in PvE. We already have enough stigmas in PvE play. They could have put in the LB change and left pets the way they were and we would still be less DPS than zerker warriors in dungeons.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

in Ranger

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

And a 60 second cooldown on Crossfire in case someone is still using a Short Bow…

in Ranger

UrMom.4205

Rofl….this will make you cry inside

Spiders auto… hits harder then Cats

rofl

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well, thanks for the nerf. Pets are even better now. HA HA

But we cant get desperate about it, lets just wait for another op build to come out…and ofc, the nerf inc after few months

I can’t think of a better username for someone to post this, rofl!

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I told these idiots the patch notes were not fake.

I kept telling you this would gut rangers and do nothing to fix their short comings.

Using a selfish shout just to give your group swiftness when they can already get perma swiftness from blast finishers, and regen which they are already getting from the eles or guardians or engineers, is pretty kitten crappy for a grandmaster trait.

I’m off to play my necro for team play. Spectral Wall, yo.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

I was going to write up a wall of text, but I see that Arenanet has made up their
mind and I just want to register my dismay.

I admit I am not the greatest player in the world, but I simply don’t see where pets were ever approaching OP or the class ever dominating any PVP. When I look at tournament videos, I don’t see Rangers dominating, in fact if anything they are under-represented.

So, I don’t understand why they are nerfing a class that I am having trouble being competitive in WvW with.

I guess I am going to go back and look at the Warrior and Guardian patch notes to see which one I should take off the shelf and play, as I never felt OP in the Ranger class and the only thing unique about the class, the pets are now not much more than buff and condition removal tokens that die a lot.

If anything I was expecting some improvements to pet AI, because as it stands now, they are simply too easy to counter through movement, so that one or two ‘lucky’ pet hits, will be worth far less now.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’ve never been this kitten ed off at an update before. My pets are now 100% worthless. Before they did some good things to make me use them on attack, just to keep up some DPS. But now, I’m not bothering with my pet on attack anymore. I’m just going to run Moas now because there’s no point in the pet’s existence now other than support abilities.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

i cant see the cond dmg pets are doing…

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

So yea, after the testing i’ve done…If you’re running beast build…stick to birds.. in fact pretty much just stick with birds period…Anet somehow managed to make the pet system actually worse then before…Before we had like no good utility pets cept dogs, but we had a choice between a couple DPS ones, Drakes,Birds,Cats,Dogs some what….

Now you pretty much have the choice between a Bird and…. a Bird..

in Ranger

UrMom.4205

wait for me guys i’m leaving too!

Team Raven [TR](Dead)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Remember Anet is taking baby step I expect that they will not be happy with ranger performance in sPvP/tPvP and further nerf the pet, and which ever build shuffle into those modes of play.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zurchin.8479

Zurchin.8479

My ranger is now permanently retired from WvW you cannot dps properly with a 900 range shortbow which is my main weapon of choice and for many in WvW, you have just effectively nerfed the ranger for alote of people to the point of no use, I just absolutely fail to understand what is going through your heads.

Zee Bear Claw [GLAD]
Aurora Glade

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

so what to do now with my shortbow? What to do now with the ranger in wvw?