Ranger Patch Notes - June 25, 2013 - Official

in Ranger

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

I seem to be one of the few who are happy with the patch in general for rangers. Sure, they still need to touch up weapons other than longbow, but that doesn’t mean they won’t. As for pets, I don’t see the big idea, since the AI is far from reasonably functional still – they’re going to have to keep looking at pets regardless. Better weapons and AI in the future in exchange for a bit of pet damage? I mean, when my raven died from falling damage yesterday, I stopped caring what this update would do for pets. It’s a step forward to creating a working ranger.

Disclaimer: I didn’t say pet AI was fixed YET (afaik it wasn’t touched). Only that the fact that it wasn’t makes pet damage irrelevant so far as yet.

If you are willing to wait another month or more to get that “forward step” you speak off then sure, wait at your leisure. However, you will be stuck with the ranger unless you have alts, which explains why some are so laid back on this issue. I on the other hand made the mistake of having just ONE character. A ranger. I mastered all the abilities they can muster, suffered humiliation in dungeons when I get kicked out even before we enter the dungeon because of a guardian or mesmer is more useful, boy oh boy….

in Ranger

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Played this game to play Ranger. With these changes, that is pointless.
I’m gone and so is my money!

I feel like generally the people that say that NEVER actually spend any more whatsoever on the game.

Luckily for me, I was smart enough to have 5 different classes. too bad one of them is a charr, but that is cool as well.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tomek.2796

Tomek.2796

I’m not into hyperbole, so I’m not gonna say this is the end of my life. I’ve enjoyed exploring the world of GW2 over the last 10 months.

I only have a small amount of time to play games each week, due to work and family and so on, and I’ve spent that with a GW2 Ranger over the past 10 months. There’s a bunch of other problems with the game that I’ve tolerated, like Anet treating the gem store and RNG chests as more important than gameplay, or ignoring PvE in favour of “esports”, and I’m not going to make a big deal out of those things on this forum, but each patch has left a sour taste and I think I’m ready to give up and move on, thanks to this patch. All my friends did so months ago and they didn’t even play Rangers. There’s always promise of things getting better but it hasn’t happened in ten months. The class balance changes seem to focus on PvP because of Anet’s obsession with esports, despite not many players really being interested in it, and they ignore how that affects PvE, the biggest part of the game.

I can’t justify creating a new character and redoing content when there’s so many other games I haven’t played, so this patch finally kills off the class, and therefore the game for me.

(edited by Tomek.2796)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Y i know,everything is bleak..Anet failled you again.Still i wonder why tho…Where does all this hatred comes from?Why Anet hate Rangers?

I personally believe that they arent..Just spend some time testing things,im pretty sure that they have tested too.
Im a realistic guy,i cant believe that they just nerfed to the ground pets just because some low skill players said so
I strongly believe that they test it and found something that we havent yet..

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I tried out the spirits in the new dungeon. I summoned the Sun Spirit and it literally died at the first group of mobs from a ranged attack (I think) before I finished summoning the other two spirits.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Y i know,everything is bleak..Anet failled you again.Still i wonder why tho…Where does all this hatred comes from?Why Anet hate Rangers?

I personally believe that they arent..Just spend some time testing things,im pretty sure that they have tested too.
Im a realistic guy,i cant believe that they just nerfed to the ground pets just because some low skill players said so
I strongly believe that they test it and found something that we havent yet..

Meanwhile the army of minmaxers that nail the game down to a science still think the Ranger is kitten and laugh at us for playing it.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

i have to say ive been playing a power build and i feel fine…Lets see
LB – Sword Axe
Healing spring
Signet of Renewal
Lightning Releflexes
Frost trap
Rampage as One
Black Bear-Wolf as pets..Bears can stand the condition removal from Signet of Renewal
Axe 4 with frost trap makes a great combo for landing Axe 5
And you can build great distance with LB 4 and Lightning Reflexes
Zerker Gear and GG

For pvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

I tried out the spirits in the new dungeon. I summoned the Sun Spirit and it literally died at the first group of mobs from a ranged attack (I think) before I finished summoning the other two spirits.

I also thought spirits were squishy until i watched Chopps spirit dungeon video. The trick is to place them so far from your group that they are out of range to give any benefits.

All is vain.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I also thought spirits were squishy until i watched Chopps spirit dungeon video. The trick is to place them so far from your group that they are out of range to give any benefits.

I lol’d, so true.
On another note I’ll now be running pets in permanent passive, they may just be more useful that way

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

i just dont want to use pets. they was bad in pve and useless in wvw. now they worth nothing. give us something like elementalists attuments! a pet mode with pet, the others without it, a sniper mode, a survivor and a buffer mode (example)

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Guys. Guys.

It’ll be alright.

They fixed the icons on the Dragon Bash foods.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Ranger

Posted by: Dime Baggins.1058

Dime Baggins.1058

I liked playing my Ranger sooo much I spent real money on gems to buy him the unlimited use mining pick and harvesting sickle. After this horrible nerfing of the ranger class I don’t want to play him anymore. Either Anet should make them account bound so I can use them to with another character who’s class hasn’t been ruined (yet) or give me a COMPLETE REFUND for the gems I bought to buy them. I’ll gladly hand over the pick and sickle.

(edited by Dime Baggins.1058)

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Guys. Guys.

It’ll be alright.

They fixed the icons on the Dragon Bash foods.

Ok I laughed.

in Ranger

Posted by: TaiLang.5162

TaiLang.5162

i just dont want to use pets. they was bad in pve and useless in wvw. now they worth nothing. give us something like elementalists attuments! a pet mode with pet, the others without it, a sniper mode, a survivor and a buffer mode (example)

I would pay for tons of gems in order to get a sniper mode on my ranger, I hate having this thing pulling aggro and slowing me for a F2 utility…

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

@Ryan

Re-read the patch notes, beastmaster’s might for ranger might stacking, just got 3 times better. Also, in dungeons, frost spirit is an adept 7% group dps increase and spotter is 150 precision now to party, which is nice for people who aren’t running signets. Also, leaps for flame aura and rampage as one still exist, as they were the default might stacking mechanisms before (as well as stalker). No one took beastmaster’s might before.

If you seriously think 2 extra might every 60-120 seconds is gonna make a game changing difference, not to mention the fact you’re going 20 into Marksman which is horrid for any 1on1 spec, then you are really selling yourself short. Power has such a bad diminishing return for ranger it’s not even funny. Just go 0/30/30/10/0 w/ knights and you’ll have more sustained damage and tank across the board than any power based build spec.

Are we playig the same game? Signet cooldowns aren’t 120 seconds. Besides, I was talking wvw and dungeons there. You didn’t read the notes and you didn’t read my message I’m starting to wonder if you didn’t pay attention to anything about rangers over the last year.

First of all, I never mentioned 1v1 because it’s not a standard gametype. There are only a couple kinds of real 1v1 in this game:

• 1v1 on point
  • 1v1 off point

The gvg and all the wvw 1v1 videos (sorry, Xsorsus, I do feel this way) are not really that interesting from a competitive point of view. So to me, your ideal 1v1 deathmatch is irrelevent. But let’s make it relevant for a moment. How many of you lost 1v1 fights in wvw before using regen/apothecary? Almost never? And would you all consider yourselves to be great players? I certainly wouldn’t call myself that and I won those fights too. Shouldn’t a 1v1 be skill dependent as opposed to build dependent? Yes! But it’s a team game built around capturing objectives so the 1v1 isn’t balanced and tested like a Halo or a Starcraft. Those are 1v1 games. This is a 5v5 game. Where’s the 5v5 guild vs guild battles? Why is it 1v1 or 20v20? And then, without satisfactory answers to these questions, we wonder why tpvp’ers make fun of us pve’ers. I’m just saying—1v1 and 20v20 require less skill than 5v5 which itself requires less skill than 5v5 plus objectives.

This is all very clear and we’ve known it since day 1.

This is actually one of the reasons I stopped making WvW videos. I stopped running my own build almost three weeks ago as well. Teamwork is much more difficult and skill-oriented than running around with a bunch of random red names who like to wear bag tonics.

The teamwork stuff is where the real interesting elements of GW2 are. Hopefully, despite all the bad things this patch did, it will allow us to be of more use in a group. I’ve already got a build that’s been accepted into my guild’s zerg-busting unit which was unthinkable before. So while a lot of rangers are angry at what has happened as a result to the “range” element of our class, we at least got one worth-while build (hopefully more will emerge as well) that can be used with a group.

I want to think of it as a starting point. It’s been 9 months, and this is our first chance. Build on this ANet, don’t leave us alone again without any viable alternatives to run. Stagnation is death.

To think that 5v5 takes more skill to play then 1v1 is laughable. Specially in GW2. Running alone means you have no one to carry you if you make mistakes. Ive seen many players over the years claim that group fights take more skill then solo fights just to get kitten on by me when they try to 1v1 me thinking they are better. Fact is group fights is more about communication and less about individual player skills.

You little crap buff to give grps swiftness and regen still doesnt make you good in a grp. My ele brings perma speed ( i can stack 1+ min of swiftness in 5 secs) and near perma regen/protection with 9-12 stacks of might in combat. Also a bit of fury. I cleanse and drop actual substancial heals to my grp. Also i have an actual way to stomp enemies on short CDs compare to rangers. Lastly i can do all this while still providing more dps then a ranger will able be to short of a clarity daze gimmick build. Oh i forgot to mention the CC.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Stability for Pigs by the way doesn’t work…just tested that talent, Doesn’t do anything..doesn’t absorb CC, don’t grant stability

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Nugget.8031

Nugget.8031

Stability for Pigs by the way doesn’t work…just tested that talent, Doesn’t do anything..doesn’t absorb CC, don’t grant stability

Be careful! They will probably fix it by changing the tooltip to reflect the skill.

New tooltip.

Stability Training – Ursine, porcine, and armor fish pets gain stability (0s) when disabled.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

Arenanet devs could learn from Rift online devs, they kept their scout class(ranger/marksman) pretty much perfect over the last 2 years. They give you the choise to be a ranged dps class with pet or without pet. Oh man, dem days where I didn’t need to maintain focus on my pet just spam my rotation.

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

I’m just going to assume they just didn’t bother to code it since they figured no one would use pigs ever again after this patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dragin.4520

Dragin.4520

any way to get a refund of all the guild comms i used on my ranger to put it on my thief that would be great cause there is no reason to play mine anymore.

Dragonbrand
Dragin Wind ranger of Duel

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

I like playing my Ranger sooo much I spent real money on gems to buy him the unlimited use mining pick and harvesting sickle. After this horrible nerfing of the ranger class I don’t want to play him anymore. Either Anet should make them account bound so I can use them to with another character who’s class hasn’t been ruined (yet) or give me a COMPLETE REFUND for the gems I bought to buy them. I’ll gladly hand over the pick and sickle.

^ This.

I could transmute my non accessory gear to a new class if I wanted but the sickle is forever glued to a class that has no real future in the game and we have no way of knowing if they will ever release another version since I doubt they will ever make them account bound.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Im honestly baffled… i cant express my disappointment right now… Is there someone at Anet listening to this?

Yes.

And laughing all the way to the bank. And they will continue to until we hit them where it hurts and force them to listen. We should all stop buying gems and spending money on thier store.

Stop buying gems? That would assume that I’ve bought any in the first place.

I’ve seen nothing yet from this team that would warrant further monetary support on my part. Broken classes, zerg/pvd WvW meta, RNG skins? No thanks.

My $250 I pledged on Camelot Unchained is looking like a better and better deal on every GW2 patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

New ranger meta?
Rangers rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature itself. Below average archers, Rangers are capable of bringing down weaker foes from mid range with their bows. With traps, nature spirits, and a stable of uncontrollable pets eager to wander off into AoE minefields, rangers can adapt to a few very specific situations, until those situations can be found and nerfed.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

New ranger meta?
Rangers rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature itself. Below average archers, Rangers are capable of bringing down weaker foes from mid range with their bows. With traps, nature spirits, and a stable of uncontrollable pets eager to wander off into AoE minefields, rangers can adapt to a few very specific situations, until those situations can be found and nerfed.

Perfectly stated!

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

Awesome Khayoss ^^
Sad but True
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MO7fkZc5o

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

So a predictions for next patch:
•Crossfire: Decreased the damage by 25%. Bleed no longer requires flanking. No longer effected by quickness.
•Quick Shot: Removed damage.
•Crippling Shot: Removed damage.
•Concussion Shot: Removed damage.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

So a predictions for next patch:
•Crossfire: Decreased the damage by 25%. Bleed no longer requires flanking. No longer effected by quickness.
•Quick Shot: Removed damage.
•Crippling Shot: Removed damage.
•Concussion Shot: Removed damage.

Jon, is that you?

All is vain.

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have officially been Smiter’s Booned

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Smiter%27s_Boon_%28PvP%29

This skill was modified in the August 21st, 2008 update to effectively remove it from PvP. In a Developer update, ArenaNet stated, “We recognize that the changes to this skill will essentially remove it from play. In the future, we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of this skill that would be viable but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.”
This skill is considered by most to be the paramount example of a nerf and thus, has given rise to a nickname known as Smiter’s Booning (or simply S-booning) or “[to] 25/90 <a skill>” (in reference to the new energy cost and recharge), or simply “booned.” (example- “The skill got booned!”) It is most often used when players cry out for the nerf of a particular problematic skill or when a skill has been made so underpowered it becomes unplayable in serious builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

At this rate I expect them to admit within three years time that an AI companion class was a mistake with their vision for GW2 and preventing it from hurting their vision resulted in killing the class in the process.

three years? With ESO coming out, I doubt anyone will give them three years… Unless you main a thief.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Ranger

Bran.7425

At this rate I expect them to admit within three years time that an AI companion class was a mistake with their vision for GW2 and preventing it from hurting their vision resulted in killing the class in the process.

three years? With ESO coming out, I doubt anyone will give them three years… Unless you main a thief.

Maybe I overestimated their timeline, maybe it will hit rock bottom in time for Wintersday.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

ESO
will go there I guess and try to take my guild with me…
I hope its any good.
love the elder scrolls series anyways.

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Maybe I overestimated their timeline, maybe it will hit rock bottom in time for Wintersday.

If they don’t make a serious attempt at at least some kind of expansion by then it will.

in Ranger

Posted by: SirJack.4760

SirJack.4760

I’m actually wondering if anyone would care if they did a complete rework of the class. I mean change EVERYTHING, Pet mechanic, Traits, Weapons, Skills. Boom, Ranger is gone, enjoy your new class, the Thingamajig, it does stuff.

It can’t be worse than now, right? At least it would do stuff…

in Ranger

Bran.7425

I doubt they would be willing to put that much effort into it, let alone the resources to develop, test, and balance such an endeavor.

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

I’m actually wondering if anyone would care if they did a complete rework of the class. I mean change EVERYTHING, Pet mechanic, Traits, Weapons, Skills. Boom, Ranger is gone, enjoy your new class, the Thingamajig, it does stuff.

I would be very much in favor of that. The pet is the worst part of the class, and it’s class defining…

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

the ranger was what brought me into this game….i hope it wont be the thing that takes me out of it as well…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

If you’re a ranger at heart, you’ll know how to adapt. Ranger was a while ago admitted by Anet to be the most broken class. I’m guessing it’s going to stay that way simply because ranger has no designed role, and thus is prone to floating. To those who say your experience is ruined… the class was broken a LONG time ago. Don’t expect Anet to restring your bow for you; they’ve shown they find it too difficult.

I’m happy with the good changes they’ve made. Might not work with everyone’s build, but apart from the diminished pet dps, I see it as a move forward. Just… please fix the pet AI next.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

in Ranger

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

You needed to fix the things that were broken instead of breaking the things that were fixed…

Warrior main reporting in. I have an 80 ranger and refuse to play with a short bow because I always enjoyed the idea of longbow. I’ve played my ranger for probably about hours or so and saw everything you mentioned in this post. I quickly realized that a warrior is better at range with a longbow, and a riffle. I can safely say I’d prefer warrior’s LB and riffle to either the ranger’s SB/LB. I cannot agree with you more on everything you have stated and you have done a fantastic job with underlining the persistent problems a ranger faces. If this update was not proof that the devs truly don’t understand what they are doing, then I don’t know what is. I feel like they don’t even read the forums anymore.

Devs, if you’re reading, give this man a bone. He has been a loyal follower and devout subject toward your unfair ways. I feel his pain, believe me. Warriors have it bad as well, but not “ranger” bad.

When you see 2 seperate class forums, both engulfed in flames, you know you’re not doing your kitten right and you should get on it. Class balance is slow? “It should be slow”?? I have not read more slander in all my mmo life lol…. It’s nearing the 1 year anniversary of the game and you still have bugs and skill mechanics that are simply broken since launch. Fix your kitten balance team. You have a lot of players on the brink of uninstall.

Now, put that in the form of a living story update and then go sell content weapons for real money. If this was a kingdom, heads would be on spikes by now -.-

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

To think that 5v5 takes more skill to play then 1v1 is laughable. Specially in GW2. Running alone means you have no one to carry you if you make mistakes. Ive seen many players over the years claim that group fights take more skill then solo fights just to get kitten on by me when they try to 1v1 me thinking they are better. Fact is group fights is more about communication and less about individual player skills.

You little crap buff to give grps swiftness and regen still doesnt make you good in a grp. My ele brings perma speed ( i can stack 1+ min of swiftness in 5 secs) and near perma regen/protection with 9-12 stacks of might in combat. Also a bit of fury. I cleanse and drop actual substancial heals to my grp. Also i have an actual way to stomp enemies on short CDs compare to rangers. Lastly i can do all this while still providing more dps then a ranger will able be to short of a clarity daze gimmick build. Oh i forgot to mention the CC.

Such an acidic post.

I never said 5v5s or group fights. I said “teamwork”. And while I didn’t specify, I never said that I did it on ranger. I didn’t even say what I meant by “teamwork”. You’re assuming. I purposefully kept it vague to avoid assumptions and you STILL choose to put words in my mouth.

You know what I do when I’m not on my ranger? I’m screwing around with a mesmer while I’m on my thief (or visa versa) while pulling people out of zergs, off cliffs, etc etc. Sometimes I work with him to stealth cap a tower or keep. That has nothing to do with 5v5s, but that’s what I’m doing when I’m not on my ranger. My definition of “teamwork” is different than yours. I purposefully didn’t specify what I meant by it because I didn’t want some hothead post like yours attached to mine.

Don’t look at the game in such a black-and-white manner. We both ran overpowered builds that took a whole lot less skill on our part to win in a 1v1 than it did from the opponent a majority of the time. Of course there were certain exceptions of skilled individuals who made it very tough to win, but for the most part, roaming and 1v1s were a walk in the park. You’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

And yes, you’re right. There are better ways to be useful to a group than spamming shouts all day. You can quote other classes just fine. Why don’t you put those creative muscles to the test? Figure out something for the ranger since you’re so deadset on bashing the one small opportunity we’ve got so far in being remotely useful in a group. If you come up with something better, then props to you – awesome job.

In the entirely likely chance that you can’t come up with something better, don’t waste your time responding to me. Vent at someone else. I’m as displeased as you are. I don’t know why you chose me to get stuck up at, but I can point you in the right direction if you’re still lost. I’m not responsible for the changes. There are other guys who are paid that made the final call on this.

Then again, the Devs will probably ignore you as much as they have any other ranger on this forum.Get mad at them, not the others still being ignored as well.

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Ranger

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

I doubt they would be willing to put that much effort into it, let alone the resources to develop, test, and balance such an endeavor.

It’s not like they’ve put any effort into Rangers to date. So if they did now, they just might reach some level of parity.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Ranger

Posted by: Avonna.2140

Avonna.2140

i dont understand what the prob is …

in gw1 they seperated pvp/pve skills, and it worked.. and we had triple the choices..and we could choose to have a pet or not, it was OUR character, our playstyle….and there was not that much ranger hate. seemed like the community was content…

now it feels we took steps backwards, it feels worse. like they dont have any experience which this class anymore.

i would have assumed that they would have used the structure that works….and not go silly on us..

just a thought

I am a gamer!

in Ranger

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Lets face facts, if you want to play a roamer now, your best bet is thief…go any where they want, no chance of dieing, weapon skills have no cooldowns, there SB is better than Ranger SB, teleportation for fast movement/escape and highest burst dps over shortest space of time…

If you still want to be all ranged then Warrior with LB/Rifle is far superior to the so called Ranger…

Rangers have no role left, are the laughing stock of GW2…

If you continue to play a Ranger in GW2 your just a mashocist…

in Ranger

Posted by: Crimson Magdelana.9024

Crimson Magdelana.9024

Remember that time people we’re shouting “YES! Time to roll a Ranger! This patch looks great!”?

Yea, me neither.

You call it afk. I call it getting a beer.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

If you continue to play a Ranger in GW2 your just a mashocist…

It hurts… it hurts so goo—
No… it hurts pretty bad by this point.

in Ranger

Shiren.9532

What happened to balancing with small changes? In one patch they did a massive nerf to the shortbow’s range, they move a 5 point trait that almost every build used to a 30 point trait (quickness on pet swap) and did an almost universally across the board significant pet DPS nerf. These are not small changes and they all came in the same patch. How is this fine tuning?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

It can’t be worse than now, right?

Dont…challenge…them…

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

What happened to balancing with small changes? In one patch they did a massive nerf to the shortbow’s range, they move a 5 point trait that almost every build used to a 30 point trait (quickness on pet swap) and did an almost universally across the board significant pet DPS nerf. These are not small changes and they all came in the same patch. How is this fine tuning?

They had to, clearly rangers were so vastly overpowered in ANet fairy land.

There was a rumour that a ranger once beat a thief in WvW, ANet just had to act on that.

in Ranger

Bran.7425

Just putting it out there what if these changes are what the balance team thinks of a small?

in Ranger

Shiren.9532

It can’t be worse than now, right?

Dont…challenge…them…

Natural Vigor is now a grandmaster trait. Empathic Bond is now a minor trait. To compensate it now only transfers one condition every 45 seconds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yuudai.5268

Yuudai.5268

Guys, I’m handing out lube for everyone right now..So atleast when we get butt kittened we can be in as little as pain as possible