Ranger Pet DPS getting a nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I’ve never seen 4 BM Rangers Per TPvP match……If you can point out a video of this i’d love to see it.

I’ve also not seen WvW full of roaming BM rangers either..in fact a most of the rangers I fight are Zerker Rangers.

Its not just my server either, I killed a D/D ele today in WvW and he invited me to group and was like “What Class are you?” “Ranger Right?” “What Build is that” and i had to explain to him my build for 20 minutes, I even dueled him 2 more times to show how powerful it was, He was completely amazed and never seen it once while being on Magnuma Server.

in fact, multiple times in this past week and hell month..I’ve had people invite me to their group from SoS and CD and ask what i’m running and how I play the ranger….and i’ve been fighting them for months…

So that should tell you how common it really is.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

They never said the nerf wasn’t gonna be split.

It would totally make sense tho, since PvE rangers already have a hard time in dungeons and WvW rangers, well, if thieves can keep their burst and eles their healing, I guess rangers should keep their pet’s damage.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Ranger

Engels.8537

I’ve never seen 4 BM Rangers Per TPvP match……If you can point out a video of this i’d love to see it.

I’ve also not seen WvW full of roaming BM rangers either..in fact a most of the rangers I fight are Zerker Rangers.

I yolo q a lot and have seen 4 rangers per match too many times, but it’s true that no premade runs 4 BM rangers.

And WvW? I’ve been invited to parties and told “kitten BM ranger stupid build L2P noob” when I wasn’t even running a BM build. So maybe T1 is a bit different.

I used to fight zerker rangers all the time, but now I just face BM rangers who can outheal my damage until they can hide in a keep or run to their zerg.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Its not just my server either, I killed a D/D ele today in WvW and he invited me to group and was like “What Class are you?” “Ranger Right?” “What Build is that” and i had to explain to him my build for 20 minutes, I even dueled him 2 more times to show how powerful it was, He was completely amazed and never seen it once while being on Magnuma Server.

in fact, multiple times in this past week and hell month..I’ve had people invite me to their group from SoS and CD and ask what i’m running and how I play the ranger….and i’ve been fighting them for months…

So that should tell you how common it really is.

Against BG and SoR its the same. Full melee ranger seems like a new class to most people.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

I yolo q a lot and have seen 4 rangers per match too many times, but it’s true that no premade runs 4 BM rangers.

And WvW? I’ve been invited to parties and told “kitten BM ranger stupid build L2P noob” when I wasn’t even running a BM build. So maybe T1 is a bit different.

I used to fight zerker rangers all the time, but now I just face BM rangers who can outheal my damage until they can hide in a keep or run to their zerg.

I’ve not seen many BM rangers in Solo queue either….

and Puandro is on T1 is he not? He seems to have the same response I have when i play my Bunker Ranger….

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Very nice analysis; I would like to see a stun break on signet of the hunt. What do you think?

I think adding stun break to it would make it too powerful. It is already a very good skill, which most rangers equip it anycase and it has only 30 s cooldown, plus signet mastery trait would lower that even more.

Since Signet of renewal is already a signet and a stun break, I think it would be a good idea to spread ranger’s stun breaks to other types of more rarely used skills:
“Protect Me”
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Protect_Me%22
“Sic Em”
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Sic_%27Em%22

I feel both of these skills are under used, but making them into a stun break, would add some needed viability to them.

Yeah, I expected you to say that. Honestly, though, the value of SotH is the run speed as opposed to the attack buff you’re referring to. Maybe I’m wrong about that?

For me, I often feel rangers need to be mobile. It’s Signet of the Hunt that I really don’t like because whenever I choose it, I really have to use two slot skills: one for SotH and one for stun break. I’m not kidding when I say to you the opposite: I was just thinking today that if SotH was also a stun break, I would be able to put Protect Me on my bar more often. Do you think that’s a valid perspective?

If I may think further outside the box, maybe rangers need an adept NM trait that gives a 25% speed buff to the ranger (not the pet). Then simply rework SotH. I could be way off here and I hate throwing out ideas because usually I overlook stuff. Anyways, make of it what you will.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Yup can’t count how many times I’ve been invited to group or gotten pm’s asking me what just happened, my server has gotten to know me and Faux, we seem to be the only 2 people that run our build types, probably more so now but it’s always the same thing.

What are you? What are you running? You’re a ranger?!

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

and Puandro is on T1 is he not? He seems to have the same response I have when i play my Bunker Ranger….

Yup T1 since Beta. Ive ran into more glass cannon guards then BM Rangers. Most rangers are flop SB/LB with bear pets.

As for BM rangers in tournaments. Easiest bunker to go against on my HGH Engi. I eat more damage from retal against guards then rangers and theit pets.

in Ranger

Engels.8537

Lucky you, then. I wouldn’t be trying to get better at other classes to be able to switch everytime that happens otherwise.

Maybe I’m just seing lots of zerker rangers running with signet of the wild and mango pies? Uhm.

And I’m not talking about those rangers you see trying to catch up with their zergs running with a longbow and a brown bear, cus if you take that into consideration when saying not many rangers run BM, well yes, then you are right.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I can say the same in my server. For some reason most rangers run knight or berserker bow builds, despite the fact that of the two the shortbow is less deficient, and even then I feel the shortbow is pretty inferior to most ranged weapons as it carries no aoe and is our only viable ranged weapon.

There was this one ranger with an offensive shortbow/axe+warhorn build, with his legendary and obviously a fully ascended fractal capacitor, and it amazed me that despite that pve experience he would be using a mainhand axe with a shortbow on a pve build, and that he would run it in WvW as well.

I feel that unless you’re running with a zerg, not bringing the sword or greatsword is suicide.

It is also pretty suicidal to roam as anything but a trapper/BM build. I tried pow/prec/toughness stats and it still gets worn down easily by the meta specs of other professions, so it’s galling that with the only builds we can manage to roam with we’re getting the nerf hammer despite the fact that roaming is a purely recreational ability and wvw success and competition does not value it at all — nobody wants rangers in the real competitive WvW teams because half their damage is on the pet and the pet dies on any encounter with more than 10 people.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pendleton.6385

Pendleton.6385

Ranger pets require some adjusting, because ranger can make himself into a full bunker and still do good damage using pet. If most other professions go full bunker, their damage is really low as well.

A decent player can kite a pet all day long … pets need some major adjusting to actually hit a moving target.

Agreed. I actually really like where things are now overall.

Longbow still needs some love, and pets being able to hit moving hitting things needs a little work, but everything else is golden. We’re in a nice place.

I don’t get the people who are still crying that ranger is weak. No, we’re pretty good now. But it is a close enough thing. We have to really work for it.

If you nerf pet DPS, please be very careful and considerate about it.

Pet’s either need to reliably hit moving PCs or that pet DPS nerf needs to returned to the ranger as a DPS buff.

I agree with you completely.

Tarnished Coast
~ Ranger

(edited by Pendleton.6385)

in Ranger

Posted by: qewqew.6591

qewqew.6591

wow they want to reduce pet dmg because ppl are so bad they cannot kite a garbage ai pet? im a garbage player but i just MOVE and you see what happens to the pet? it does 0 dmg. it seems anet testers stand still in pvp vs ranger and go oh look the kitten kill me wtf nerf. wow rly do the same against any class and you will die 2x faster

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

that is very hot. lets leave LB as is even tho they admitted themselves it sucks MONTHS AGO and decrease damage on everything else. I like anet.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Lucky you, then. I wouldn’t be trying to get better at other classes to be able to switch everytime that happens otherwise.

Maybe I’m just seing lots of zerker rangers running with signet of the wild and mango pies? Uhm.

And I’m not talking about those rangers you see trying to catch up with their zergs running with a longbow and a brown bear, cus if you take that into consideration when saying not many rangers run BM, well yes, then you are right.

If you’re thinking a Ranger is bunker because of Signet of the Wild usage then you’re doing it wrong.. Cause i use Signet of the Wild in most of my builds, simply because we don’t have a whole lot of options… Bout only build I don’t see it ran in is Trap Builds.

Even Mango Pie isn’t completely horrible for a Zerker Ranger

Anyway, I’ve ran into maybe 2 or 3 Bunker Rangers the entire time i’ve played….

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Signet of the wild is used in burst builds also. TBH i wouldnt make a pvp build without it.

in Ranger

Engels.8537

If you’re thinking a Ranger is bunker because of Signet of the Wild usage then you’re doing it wrong.. Cause i use Signet of the Wild in most of my builds, simply because we don’t have a whole lot of options… Bout only build I don’t see it ran in is Trap Builds.

No, I was being sarcastic, sorry.
I don’t really understand the point in saying that pretty much nobody runs BM builds now, specially coming from the people who have spread the builds on the forums the most. Maybe trying to prove that it’s an incredibly unused build so Anet shouldn’t nerf it? I don’t know.

You still call it a nerf when they fixed pet’s F2 reseting on swap, so probably “nerf” has different definitions for us.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

I don’t really understand the point in saying that pretty much nobody runs BM builds now, specially coming from the people who have spread the builds on the forums the most. Maybe trying to prove that it’s an incredibly unused build so Anet shouldn’t nerf it? I don’t know.

You still call it a nerf when they fixed pet’s F2 reseting on swap, so probably “nerf” has different definitions for us.

We arent lying when we say BM Bunker Rangers are none existant. The build is good for 1v1 or small scale fights (5v5 tops). More than that and the pet isnt that great and your ability to soak damage so your pet can kill is irrelevant. People who do small scale fighting as their main source of WvW is extremely low. Then the people who pick rangers tk do it is lower. Then you have those people deciding if they want to run the build.

in Ranger

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

We arent lying when we say BM Bunker Rangers are none existant. The build is good for 1v1 or small scale fights (5v5 tops). More than that and the pet isnt that great and your ability to soak damage so your pet can kill is irrelevant. People who do small scale fighting as their main source of WvW is extremely low. Then the people who pick rangers tk do it is lower. Then you have those people deciding if they want to run the build.

State of the Game is focused on SPVP. Not WvW. As you note with the 1v1 and small scale fights, that’s why pet damage and leashing is a major concern of the show and it’s hosts.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I’m going to pray that this doesn’t affect pve or wvwvw. I hope anet would be smarter than that, but then again, I’ve been duped before.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

State of the Game is focused on SPVP. Not WvW. As you note with the 1v1 and small scale fights, that’s why pet damage and leashing is a major concern of the show and it’s hosts.

In spvp a BM bunker cannot move a bunker ele out of point. He can debunker a bad guardian, but a good one will hold out fairly long enough for assistance to arrive.

There are simply very few top teams where a BM bunker is included.

In all my tpvp queues I’ve seen more eles and mesmers and guardians than anything else.

in Ranger

PsionicDingo.2065

I hated when PvP changes would affect PvE and vice versa in WoW, and I came to GW2 with the knowledge that GW1 was famous for nailing skill splits and such.

Any MMO I ever played – City of Heroes, WoW, Champions, Old Republic – cited GW1 as the gold standard for skill splitting and thoughtful balance.

Granted, when I talk to my friends who were hardcore into GW, I hear that they were just as sloppy and ill-attentive as some of the posts I see here and on Guru claim. Maybe it’s all perspective?

in Ranger

PsionicDingo.2065

In spvp a BM bunker cannot move a bunker ele out of point. He can debunker a bad guardian, but a good one will hold out fairly long enough for assistance to arrive.

There are simply very few top teams where a BM bunker is included.

In all my tpvp queues I’ve seen more eles and mesmers and guardians than anything else.

I only Hot Join and don’t take it too seriously outside of that, so I’ll trust your input, Z. I just wanted to point how where SOTG comes from.

I fully agree with your assessment on Conquest a page back, too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krugan.7901

Krugan.7901

Pet’s F2 skill was not a fix. Back in october Anet said that they wanted to give a brand new pet after the swap so that’s actually a nerf.

in Ranger

Engels.8537

I’ve already pointed that out. If we are talking about WvW players in general you’d be right saying BM rangers are none existant, just like s/d thieves, d/d necros and many other builds that don’t fit in zerg fights. But I’m talking about roamers, and roaming rangers in particular.
And I’d be happy to see more rangers roaming around and looking for fights, but all I see is bunker rangers who are hard to take down and will flee away or get me zerged before that happens.

Pet’s F2 skill was not a fix. Back in october Anet said that they wanted to give a brand new pet after the swap so that’s actually a nerf.

“Brand new” sounds more like full HP and conditions free. So you really thought wolf’s fear had a 45 sec cooldown to be used every 15 secs?
People complaining about that are the same people who said Empathic Bond fix was a huge nerf, just saying.

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

And they marginally reduced the cast times of f2 and called it a triumph, which is a total farce.

Still try to land any drake’s breath that isn’t the river drake on a moving opponent, or try to land a moa screech.

A 13 sec cast mighty roar for 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds versus an instant shout, what the hell. Ditto for a cast time wolf howl for group regen, so the pet sticks in place doing nothing just to give a boon to people that other classes can give instantly while doing something.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

First of all, the show is pretty horrible. There is zero honesty between the players and the developers, because everyone are afraid of saying something “wrong”. Which means the show looses its point. It’s also only aimed towards sPvP, and the beastmaster-bunker Ranger, is very powerful in sPvP right now.

The problem was never damage, but targeting. And the Ranger has always dealt more damage then the pet. So you can argue about how big of a difference this really makes. ArenaNet also makes really weak balance changes, so if this damage nerf were to happen, it would probably be an insignificant amount.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

You mean like the insignificant amounts of nerfs that destroyed this class and the necro in beta so even after 8 months these classes remain in a crappy spot throughout the game?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

You mean like the insignificant amounts of nerfs that destroyed this class and the necro in beta so even after 8 months these classes remain in a crappy spot throughout the game?

No, I mean every single balance patch we’ve gotten since the release of the game. Beta is beta..

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

No, I mean every single balance patch we’ve gotten since the release of the game. Beta is beta..

Beta involved “balance patches”. If you want a significant damage nerf, consider engineer grenades getting a whopping damage nerf just because they began to benefit from sigils and stats, yet those stats and sigils did not make up for the % reduction.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

ATM we are the highest DPS bunker so that means high danger for solo GC who try to solo us at our point. At the same time we are the weakest group Bunker due to the same reasons that makes us strong alone, the pet.

To the people who think they are going to buff our damage and remove it from the pet, keep wishing buds. That would involve boosting ALL of the weapons skill modifiers UP and Arenanet will NEVER do that big of a chance for 1 class. They barely do 1-3 skills damage changes per patch you think we are going to get all of our weapons boosted. LOL.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Really hate running the bunker build in wvw, unless I am running around trolling single players or small groups. In a large group I just kinda help soak damage since most of my conditions get nearly instantly removed. In small combat it is pretty tough though but since I focus more on raid or zerg fighting I stick with power.
A pet damage nerf is fail, if you do it, do spvp only.
Also there was some great suggestions in this thread on changes for other pets that no one uses simply because they are useless.

I really can’t imagine them nerfing pet damage without reworking thieves some.
Not even a great raid class other than the chain bursts they can do with shortbow, but I can go nearly an entire night without ever dying and getting loads of cheap kills and if I am in a group of 2 to 5 thieves it is mega troll. Just open a beer and camp their spawn for the lawls.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

This is a good discussion, I hope this keeps up. I would say ANet can’t ignore us forever, however we as a community have been in full agreement about certain ranger issues for awhile with no acknowledgement ever. So…. I guess all we can do is keep it up.

Anyhow, it’s the worse idea in the world, especially from a pvp standpoint. You can’t take a class with 2 viable builds (with only 1 being used) and decide to nerf it with no compensation. All they are doing is hurting the profession and the metagame.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

Wow, if they do this I hope they also put some resources to fixing numerous issues that the ranger face.

• Hall of Monument pet stats bugged
  • Pet F2 skills unresponsive. (Skill doesn’t work, pet interrupts itself, skill takes 5 seconds to even activate, skill must be pressed or held for it to activate…)

And then outside of pets:

• Ranger traits need to be reworked.
  • Ranger spirits need to be reworked (a complete redesign would be great…)
  • Ranger shouts could still use improvements (Bugs and poor design)
  • Ranger weapons could use improvements (Bows feel bland, and many of our weapons lack damage. Longbow, I’m looking at you…)

There are more issues that could be listed, but my point here is that if they are going to be nerfing pet damage from pvp qq, they need to fix issues of our class as a whole. I still remember the “animation fix” they did on the shortbow way back. Later they confessed it wasn’t an animation fix, but rather a nerf because rangers were using their auto-attack too much…. Seriously, I can’t grasp what they are thinking. If you think rangers are using shortbow auto-attack too much make the other skills less bland and fix the issue. Don’t just patch things up with lies. Same with the potential pet damage nerf. Don’t just nerf pet damage and leave everything as is. Fix the core issues

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

This is a good discussion, I hope this keeps up. I would say ANet can’t ignore us forever, however we as a community have been in full agreement about certain ranger issues for awhile with no acknowledgement ever. So…. I guess all we can do is keep it up.

They have been doing exactly that whole time and will most likely continue doing so. By the looks of it we will prolly get Aquaman part 3 patch as an exchange for the nerfed pet DPS.

These sotg videos always makes me really sad since there isn’t anyone out there putting up a fight or standing up for us. So my next question would be where’s Robert? What happened to all the amazing suggestions we piled up for him to present for the team? Did every single suggestion get ruled out? He got the agony resistance added in and hotm pets fixed but they are broken yet again. I know he said he can only bring things up and he is not the one making the decisions, but since he is the only member in the team playing a ranger, I don’t really have any hope for him being the saviour of ranger class.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

They have been doing exactly that whole time and will most likely continue doing so. By the looks of it we will prolly get Aquaman part 3 patch as an exchange for the nerfed pet DPS.

These sotg videos always makes me really sad since there isn’t anyone out there putting up a fight or standing up for us. So my next question would be where’s Robert? What happened to all the amazing suggestions we piled up for him to present for the team? Did every single suggestion get ruled out? He got the agony resistance added in and hotm pets fixed but they are broken yet again. I know he said he can only bring things up and he is not the one making the decisions, but since he is the only member in the team playing a ranger, I don’t really have any hope for him being the saviour of ranger class.

Everybody log in and spam bug reports on their rangers about traits not functioning and pets not functioning and weapons not working. If the entire ranger community did this, I’m pretty sure we would flood the support team with so many bug reports saying the same thing that it would have to get passed along to a different team at some point.

Saying this and actually trying to get people to do this is two different things though lol :/

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

I’d trade pet damage for auto attack damage boosts and instant or faster f2s + less pet death.

Booya

in Ranger

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

They will do a flat damage nerf that will make BM ranger specs not worth it in the end. Rangers will just have to stick to condition stacking or direct dps roles.

Ironic as the pet is a class mechanic to the ranger which is about to be made useless yet again.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krugan.7901

Krugan.7901

The “Brand New” was meant to refresh the cd. Around that period the out of combat cd for F4 was only 4 seconds, so basically out of combat you could stack fury, protection and all the boons given by the pig family (all the boons basically, thanks to the sianoth) just by stacking the enviromental weapons, then they brought up the cd to 15 seconds and when people asked why not just keep the cd on the F2 skill their response was “well, we just wanna give you a brand new pet on swap”. Then 3 months ago the cd for the swap was brought down again to 4 seconds and there were no partch notes for that. They basically introduced a new bug just to “fix” something that was working as intended.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

Well I do hope that ANet realises that if they put the pet DPS down, they are making the class’s DPS down. I agree that if they are to nerf the pet’s DPS, they should put it on the rangers instead of just giving a DPS nerf to the class as a whole.

They gave so little information when they talked about the ranger nerf in State of the Game that no one knows how this will affect the class when the patch is going to arrive.

-Is this only for SPVP or is it PVE and WVW included?
-Will the ranger get more damage output to his weapons in exchange? (i hope so…)

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

(edited by Skullface.7293)

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Considering Robert LIVES by the BM standard, I have a sneaking suspicion we’ll get a boost probably in the power of our weapons to make up for it. He wouldn’t screw over his own build without buffing it elsewhere (and since the pet is getting nerfed, it’s only natural that we ourselves are getting buffed).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Problem is… BM was always really strong 1v1 and harasser, you could push anyone other than maybe a phant mesmer off a point. But no one mentioned it (mostly due to being bad in team fights) and there were more calls for buffs.

So they over buffed an already strong build and after people complain they are now trying to fix us EXCEPT THEY ARE DOING IT WRONG!

As much as this sucks I don’t think anything is going to change IMO. This just hurts us PvE where we struggle to be viable. So excuse me while I go facepalm.

I love arena-net but I think they don’t know their own game sometimes.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Ranger

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

As I’ve said a bunch of times – change the damage ratio to 90:10 ranger:pet, by buffing our skill coefficients, and let the pet be decorative, if it can’t be outright optional.

For anyone but a BM player, the pet is a hindrance anyway, so let it finally not matter that we’re permanently coupled with the walking handicap.

Also, continuing to balance the game based around PvP is a fail. All pvp changes should be exclusive to the S/T pvp areas. As it stands now, the needs of the very few outweigh the needs of the many.

in Ranger

Posted by: XENus.6931

XENus.6931

a pet eats a warrior face off? kitten man wth is happening with our class T_T its not the pet that eats a warrior its the opposite ._. freak…. losing hope in this class and Anet in nerfing ranger in a GOOD and BENEFICIAL way… instead of making us more useless…

and improve the damage of the ranger and lower the pet… so we won’t ‘akitten’ whatever Anet’s logic is… for goodness sake, i feel that they’re not even listening to the community ><

(edited by XENus.6931)

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I agree with you stale. Though if they wanted the ranger to still be less powerful in WvW, make it a 75:25 ratio for ranger:pet. That way the pet and ranger are still useful and powerful, but they still have to watch themselves.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

How about we get rid of the notion that you should be allowed to ignore a Ranger pet.

Since that seems to be what the SPvP want…

Very few games allow you to just ignore the pet classes pet…..And generally if you could, it meant the class wasn’t that great.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pendleton.6385

Pendleton.6385

Reading these posts again this morning … maybe I’m wrong but it seems anet is lost with this profession.

They made the ranger easily face-rolled. People do well despite that (2 viable builds) and we are suddenly op. Player base rages if they are killed by a ranger … because rangers are supposed to be free badges.

Anet disregards a lot of the thief rage because they know what they wanted the profession to be like …. it’s working for them. However, based off ranger changes and their surcoming to ranger rage, it’s obvious they are not secure in this profession.

Tarnished Coast
~ Ranger

(edited by Pendleton.6385)

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

How about we get rid of the notion that you should be allowed to ignore a Ranger pet.

Since that seems to be what the SPvP want…

Very few games allow you to just ignore the pet classes pet…..And generally if you could, it meant the class wasn’t that great.

Uh, no. Since the pet is broken in AI, pathing, and a few other things, not to mention it is painfully obvious Anet (devs in general) don’t see these things as a big enough problem to do anything about them in a timely manner, I’d very much like an option to perma-stow pet for a buff. Or as an elite skill…. Give me the option to play without the pet if I want to is what I want, just like those spvp guys (even though I don’t pvp — cause I don’t run a BM bunker build). I rolled a warrior specifically for going on dungeon runs because I was tired of my pet dying to aoe so quickly, no matter how much management I put into it. What about a devourer you say? Would have been great except the terrible damage and it liked to facetank for some reason. Same with the spider. Oh, and since Jon “I’m a Bag of Dog kitten” Sharp doesn’t think we need to have any more control over the pet (like a hotkey bind for guard/attack for instance) and doesn’t need any kind of adjustment for AOE damage my ranger won’t go back into dungeons. I’m currently leveling a thief, mes, and guard for wvw/pvp.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’m pretty sure our damage overall will remain the same, but we will be dealing a larger portion than we used to because of all the QQ that pets are slaughtering people.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I’d be happy with that outcome.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Uggh.

Even if rangers weapon skills get buffed to compensate for less dmg from the pet, I still think the ranger will be a weaker class overall. One of the things that makes the ranger such a strong skirmishing class at the moment is our ability to output consistent dps from 2 sources. This makes it much harder for our targets to mitigate as there isn’t one or two big bursts to dodge/counter. This is part of why BM bunker so strong at the moment. This is also what makes signet/moment of clarity builds really strong. Even trapper builds benefit.

Take away the threat that the pet brings and we become much more predictable to play against. No amount of dps buffs will fix that.