Ranger range 1500 need risk, Sugg: 1300 range

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

All of you saying its fine, kitten. how is 1800 range, 2-3k auto attack, with rapid fire channel through stealth fair????!?!?!?!?!?
Pfft people make me sick.
And yes it is 1800, even 2100 if used on upper ground

Seriously, play one while solo queing in SPVP , or roam in T1 wvw server “SOLO” before you say anything. Pretty sure any decent players and their mom know how to fight power ranger.
(BTW, even in zerg fight, ranger does next to nothing during big scale zerg fight. You can have 1800 range, yet you’re still contributing nothing)

Newbies these days…

tell that to the Dragonbrand zerg i melted in wich i got 122 kills
2000 range+ piercing arrows is ridiculous i dont know about you but i auto around 2900-3600 per shot #2= 8k-13k damage
what Valid justification can you come with for ranger needing 2000 range when others have at tops 1200 ?

Why is justification even necessary?

I wasn’t in the Dragonbrand zerg you noted so I will not answer for them but if they left you, a Ranger, unattended then you reap what you sow. If that means you got 122 kills great. But I will say that you, personally, a single Ranger, was not responsible for melting that zerg.

Situational awareness, lack of, loss of focus, unattended, luck, bad luck, no luck, skill on Rangers part + any number of other factors contributed to your 122 kills (unconfirmed mind you). I’m not calling you out per say but I will say that there is the main fight, there is target assist, and then there are the supporting members, You, the Ranger, and thief’s, who’s job it is to prevent what you did from ever happening.

That is no different than me joining my daily PvP match yesterday and being totally left unattended to destroy any and all players. To me, ignorance is bliss and I felt like I was on cloud 9. To the others, I’m sure they left that game thinking just like you or the OP. F’ing Rangers with range + rapid fire. kitten needs to be nerfed…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

All of you saying its fine, kitten. how is 1800 range, 2-3k auto attack, with rapid fire channel through stealth fair????!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously, play one while solo queing in SPVP , or roam in T1 wvw server “SOLO” before you say anything. Pretty sure any decent players and their mom know how to fight power ranger.
(BTW, even in zerg fight, ranger does next to nothing during big scale zerg fight. You can have 1800 range, yet you’re still contributing nothing)

Newbies these days…

2000 range+ piercing arrows is ridiculous i dont know about you but i auto around 2900-3600 per shot #2= 8k-13k damage
what Valid justification can you come with for ranger needing 2000 range when others have at tops 1200 ?

lol probably explains why dragonbrand is T2 then.

Come to T1 where people run real zerg builds and not zerk with a side of zerk and see how many you “melt”.

Also, tagging =/= killing. If you really want to claim you reduced 122 people from 100% hp to 0 hp single handily we’d like some video evidence.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I play ranger myself, but with this ridiculous range it’s just no fun. It is way too much imo.

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

I play ranger myself, but with this ridiculous range it’s just no fun. It is way too much imo.

Other player are report that ranger can exceed range even to 2000+ range with evidence, it make 1500 range a joke.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Newbies these days…

First of all, as has been said before, 1500 range can be covered by many professions in less than two seconds, and at melee range a full glass longbow specialized ranger has a huge disadvantage. Yes, I’m sure those two free auto attacks are going to be game changing. Second, why are you acting like rangers are the only class with over 1200 range? Engineers have 1500 range and can hit up to 15 targets with each attack, all while stacking obscene amounts of vulnerability. Warriors can do 15k kill shots from 1500 range.

This isn’t Guild Wars 1. The mobility in this game is much higher, and so is the projectile hate, making that extra bit of range all but worthless for ensuring any kind of safety. Also, longbow rangers are far more fragile than bow rangers in GW1, and far more vulnerable to conditions.

(edited by Unholy Pillager.3791)

in Ranger

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Other player are report that ranger can exceed range even to 2000+ range with evidence, it make 1500 range a joke.

2k, man that cant be good for anyone. We dont want to get overnerfed like they did thieves.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

2k, man that cant be good for anyone. We dont want to get overnerfed like they did thieves.

Thieves overnerf, where is evidence of change? Instant kill, extreme mobility, stealth on wall+object, reset fight anytime, stealth anytime want….no risk but reward all the time? Ranger will not be “overnerf” like thieves but need their range be adjusted.

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I think many just need to change they’er gameplay and stop whinning about one class or another.I’ve been playing ranger for quite some time and its allways the same when teams are made in WvW.“We Don’t want rangers in our group” or the ranger is allways the last one picked up for teams.Even as far as not wanting rangers in guilds.Well their you go, no rangers to take care of the rangers on the other team, life sucks get a helmet.As for me I’m going to continue picking of other people at long range because your group hasn’t adopted a balanced aproach to counter with say…Another Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Newbies these days…

I wasn’t in the Dragonbrand zerg you noted so I will not answer for them but if they left you, a Ranger, unattended then you reap what you sow. If that means you got 122 kills great. But I will say that you, personally, a single Ranger, was not responsible for melting that zerg.

Situational awareness, lack of, loss of focus, unattended, luck, bad luck, no luck, skill on Rangers part + any number of other factors contributed to your 122 kills (unconfirmed mind you). I’m not calling you out per say but I will say that there is the main fight, there is target assist, and then there are the supporting members, You, the Ranger, and thief’s, who’s job it is to prevent what you did from ever happening.

That is no different than me joining my daily PvP match yesterday and being totally left unattended to destroy any and all players. To me, ignorance is bliss and I felt like I was on cloud 9. To the others, I’m sure they left that game thinking just like you or the OP. kitten Rangers with range + rapid fire. kitten needs to be nerfed…

the point was i as a ranger dealt considerable damage and supported my zerg by crippling and immobilizing foes using #4 #5 muddy terrain and stealthing and blasting entangle before popping back behind the bridge and resuming fire
i auto for 4.5k damage on non heavy armored players and about 2.9-3k on heavies so im sure my hits were indeed affecting quite a number of players thanks to piercing shots. and no im not bragging about being a pro or anything as this was my first time wvwing as ranger ,forgot to explain non rangers could not approach me behind the zerg behind the bridge thanks to my superior range

and again what exactly justifies exceeding 1500 range ?

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Newbies these days…

That is no different than me joining my daily PvP match yesterday and being totally left unattended to destroy any and all players. To me, ignorance is bliss and I felt like I was on cloud 9. To the others, I’m sure they left that game thinking just like you or the OP. kitten Rangers with range + rapid fire. kitten needs to be nerfed…

and again what exactly justifies exceeding 1500 range ?

Read any number of the replies in this thread and you will find your answer. I can hop on my Guardian, swap to staff, and rack up more kills then you did with your 1500 range by getting up close and personal. Auto attack for the win. You want that nerfed? It doesn’t have anywhere near the range yet I can clear more than your ranger in a single auto attack.

Rangers, when players trait for range – yes, to get that max range you are raging about requires some traits, have less defense. They choose to use range, max at that, to their advantage. If you are the one being targeted then you need to react. Plain and simple. Solo, duo, trio, havoc (4 to 5) or zerg. You all must have situational awareness. If you don’t, then the fight goes to the rangers advantage. Why is that do difficult to comprehend?

Why do you think some commanders are better at leading the charge than others? Luck? How about they actually work together and know what is around them. Not everyone is on the beacon, yeah? Heavies are up front leading the charge (few cases medium armors do on our servers but they have mucho skill) with warriors and guardians dictating movement, granting stability, with some throwing strategic wall of reflects or retaliation. We have other members flanking you, the ranger, who is going balls out thinking they are unstoppable. Guess what, we have range too….and stealth.

Think of it as a game of chess. There is a move, a counter move, and sacrifices. Range has a price yet a few people here think it is for free.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

b y your logic all ranged weapons should have 1900 range then

and theres your mistake assuming all rangers are gonna be complete idiots
when you play against uncoordinated idiots you will win no matter what profession they are if you got a coordinated zerg not much genius needed there.

im not saying ranger is the best class but you guys are defending its exploited mechanic religiously not everyone carries reflect and again not all rangers are idiots plus #5 is a DoT AoE so reflect wont do anything to stop the crippling pulses and damage

all in all ranger is fine its just the extra 400 range offshoot ontop of the 1500 range that makes unfair play

if enemy closes in hit #4 if that doesnt work hit #3 and gain distance then use pet to cc

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

b y your logic all ranged weapons should have 1900 range then

Please enlighten me whereas I said all range weapons should have a 1900 range?

and theres your mistake assuming all rangers are gonna be complete idiots
when you play against uncoordinated idiots you will win no matter what profession they are if you got a coordinated zerg not much genius needed there.

Not sure what you are saying. Whom did I say or assume was an idiot? I stated, as others, that Rangers make choices to have that range and damage. It is similar across all meta’s of play. Same when the Guardian chooses to DPS or any other class.

im not saying ranger is the best class but you guys are defending its exploited mechanic religiously not everyone carries reflect and again not all rangers are idiots plus #5 is a DoT AoE so reflect wont do anything to stop the crippling pulses and damage

Please clarify the exploit. If you don’t have a ranger, roll one. Tell me what the base range is with the long bow. Then trait and tell me what it is. If you have a ranger then you know you can’t have one without the other. But herein is where we disagree as do others with you.

1. Game isn’t focused on 1 v 1
2. No, not everyone has reflect. You do have dodge.

Use the land to your advantage. Ambient creatures. Trees. NPCs. For Pete’s sake, use a dead supply carven / Yak (true story, had a warrior dancing around one which actually blocked my RF). Dodge. Close the gap.

If you are typing this and honestly feel hopeless vs. a ranger then maybe you have a different issue. I would hate to think what you feel when I’m on my ranger, with trapper runes, and my long bow. I’m guessing my stealth might totally overwhelm you

in Ranger

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

I don’t get why this thread has gone so long. The OP doesnt even know how to differentiate between uplevel player and lvl 80 players in WvW.

The exaggeration posts are too “nmad” high here and need urgent clarify before it brainwash the new players.

a) There is NO 2000/1900/1700 range attack for any class.
b) 4.5k dmg on auto?? That only possible IF to pair up with Signet of Hunt+Wild + Opening Strike. + Invul

Are you even realized if you are hitting a level 1 uplevel player?
Are you mistaken your opening strike for auto attack, that it was refresh instantly when your zerg killed that person instantly?
This is just a too kitten exaggerated statement, meaning you only need 5 arrows to kill a player? Do you seriously think arena allowed that? Just because ranger is slightly good in zerging, you wanna suggest this, but do you know how ranger was treated in other game mode?

You want risk? Well, thats why ranger got “yttihs” melee weapon. Any experience thief see ranger as fresh meat.Just wait for you to be naked without stone signet, rampage, dodge, protect me, etc. There is so many ways to counter the range, go figure out yourself.

I dont think arena is willing to revert back the ninja nerf on arrow’s velocity. Everyone was all complaining when it was firstly introduced. Hence, atm, new range suggestion is a No from me.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

(edited by yLoon.5289)

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

I don’t get why this thread has gone so long. The OP doesnt even know how to differentiate between uplevel player and lvl 80 players in WvW.

The exaggeration posts are too “nmad” high here and need urgent clarify before it brainwash the new players.

b) 4.5k dmg on auto?? That only possible IF to pair up with Signet of Hunt+Wild + Opening Strike. + Invul

Are you mistaken your opening strike for auto attack, that it was refresh instantly when your zerg killed that person instantly?
This is just a too kitten exaggerated statement, meaning you only need 5 arrows to kill a player? Do you seriously think arena allowed that? Just because ranger is slightly good in zerging, you wanna suggest this, but do you know how ranger was treated in other game mode?

You want risk? Well, thats why ranger got “yttihs” melee weapon. Any experience thief see ranger as fresh meat.Just wait for you to be naked without stone signet, rampage, dodge, protect me, etc. There is so many ways to counter the range, go figure out yourself.

I dont think arena is willing to revert back the ninja nerf on arrow’s velocity. Everyone was all complaining when it was firstly introduced. Hence, atm, new range suggestion is a No from me.

“The OP doesnt even know how to differentiate between uplevel player and lvl 80 players in WvW”.

This is not about know how to differentiate between uplevel player and lvl 80 players in WvW, this is about ranger not have risk in long range and be reward for it. Also, do differentiate between uplevel player make a class? No! Do differentiate between uplevel player make you a better player? No! Do differentiate between uplevel player matter? No!

See evidence of low level player vs up level player in wvw: Year 2013

Here is a new evidence where a player play all 8 class with level 10-22 vs level 80 player in wvw: Year 2015

You see now? It really do not matter how to differentiate any level in wvw: it is how you play matter

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

“The OP doesnt even know how to differentiate between uplevel player and lvl 80 players in WvW”.

This is not about know how to differentiate between uplevel player and lvl 80 players in WvW, this is about ranger not have risk in long range and be reward for it. Also, do differentiate between uplevel player make a class? No! Do differentiate between uplevel player make you a better player? No! Do differentiate between uplevel player matter? No!

Here is a new evidence where a player play all 8 class with level 10-22 vs level 80 player in wvw: Year 2015

You see now? It really do not matter how to differentiate who is up level or no up level: it is all how you play matter

Actually it does matter.
Usually uplevels die in 1~2 seconds with 1 rapid fire, whereas a fully geared Warrior can tank it like a boss. If you lose to an uplevel, there’s really nothing more to say because it’s just plain pathetic. If you think zerg carrying uplevels = uplevels being good, clearly you’re not in a tier that’s even remotely competitive. Against an organized team, LB ranger will die to retaliation while not harming anyone during a zerg fight.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

You see now? It really do not matter how to differentiate any level in wvw: it is how you play matter

It does matter because it shows how little you know about the game. Balance decisions shouldn’t be made around people with that small amount of knowledge.

As for the videos you posted… Those really aren’t helping your case. All that shows is that a good player at a huge disadvantage can still beat a bad player. Or are you trying to claim uplevels are OP because there is video evidence of them killing bad players?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

The only way you can get 1500 range and piercing arrows is if you put 6 pts in the trait line and not bother with a grand master trait.

Many ranged skills that state 1200 auto at that range. If you actually press 1 at targets between 1200 and 1500, you will still hit them even without the trait. This goes for many professions and not just ranger.

2000+ is achieve by shooting down from an elevated position. In which case, the next target your piercing shot hits is the ground.

As stated already, tagging =/= killing. Even if you barrage and rf down a corridor with piercing shot, the most number of players you will hit is 10. That assumes that those hit by rf are not being hit by barrage and vice versa. The only way to hit more than that is for the enemy to move around in which case you don’t hit each person the full amount of either skill.

Now if a group of 5 actually allows you to hit them for the full barrage and rf, well…..

Point blank shot + piercing into a zerk stack near a cliff and ta-da, instantly killed 5 players will a single shot. Wow, congrats. Does that mean Necro wall or staff 5 needs to be nerfed too? No, it means the enemy needs to have better situational awareness.

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Everything has been ignored. Guardian can auto attack with staff in zerg play just supporting the commander and/or group. It is so bad at times that loot bags fall out of the sky like skittles. And I’m pretty sure a lot of people like those rainbow colored candies with the potential loot inside

Every class has some form of risk vs. reward and that is one thing Arena Net did a reasonable job at. Guardian for example usually cannot go full DPS and have the survivability nor the other way around. All classes usually pick and pull traits with gear then tune with sigils, food, runes, and accessories.

Along those lines until said player finds the comfort level or balance they are happy with. Some classes may appear to have an easier time whereas others do not (grass is always greener mentality or flavor of the month) but at the end of the day most classes are balanced ok.

Lastly – give credit where it is due. In some cases the player that just forced you to port may have actually just out played you. No harm in that. It is a game and we can’t all be running around insta gibbing one another with no virtual fatality…

in Ranger

Posted by: Pugchug.8905

Pugchug.8905

Stop mistaking bad players for ranger being op. If someone lets you kill them at 1500 with auto attack they should not figure into this at all. If you are killing great players that are reacting and countering you at 1500 with auto attack that is something else. You won’t ever kill a good player at 1500 with ranger auto attack unless some other factor is forcing them to eat that damage.

This post rings of someone that is being killed by rangers at 1500 and is posing as a ranger to ask for a nerf to their own class.

Here is a suggestion line of sight, dodge, reflect, block, leap away, run away, stop standing by walls with rangers on them. Look around and be aware of your surroundings. If you continue to die to rangers at 1500 get some teammates to help you. If you keep dying to rangers after all that just stand on walls with your own ranger and don’t get pulled off. Stop standing out in the open when rangers are around.

(edited by Pugchug.8905)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

What makes you think 1500 range is unique to ranger or is even the max range? Traited grenade engineer has 1500 range and the grenades explode in a 120 radius AOE. So 1620 AOE for them.

Elementalist arcane blast is 1500 range, and is a guaranteed crit.

Fire staff elementalist autoattack has 1200 range and 180 splash radius. So would be superior to ranger if we accepted your 1300 range longbow nerf. And elementalists put out a heckuva lot more DPS than rangers.

Warrior Kill Shot is 1500 range. No traits needed.

The entire design of longbow is to hurt the target if he tries to to run away, but turns into a wet noodle if he closes with the ranger. If you were positioning yourself so it was difficult for your opponents to close with you (either due to terrain or a big blob of zerg in the way), then your wins were due to good tactical positioning, not due to the skills or range being OP. Try the same thing in a smaller engagement where the opponent realistically has the option to close and engage. If it still works then, then you can talk about it being OP.

The engi’s grenades also have to be traited, they have to use a utility slot, and the grenades move very slowly as opposed to lightning-fast arrows. They also require a grandmaster trait rather than a master trait.

Arcane blast is a single utility skill on a 20 second cooldown, as opposed to an entire 1500 range weapon set.
Ele’s staff abilities are either far slower or are easily avoidable AoEs, and the only splash ability which noticeably increases its “range” is fire #1.

Kill shot is a single skill which requires adrenaline and has a large start up time.

Positioning is important for LB rangers, but they’re probably still one of the easiest builds in the game to play, and it’s not solely due to 1500 range either. Try playing a glass staff ele in PvP and tell me how easy it is compared to LB rangers.
Don’t get me wrong though, I don’t think they’re OP, but I do think they’re easy.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Ranger

Puck.9612

The engi’s grenades also have to be traited, they have to use a utility slot, and the grenades move very slowly as opposed to lightning-fast arrows. They also require a grandmaster trait rather than a master trait.

Arcane blast is a single utility skill on a 20 second cooldown, as opposed to an entire 1500 range weapon set.
Ele’s staff abilities are either far slower or are easily avoidable AoEs, and the only splash ability which noticeably increases its “range” is fire #1.

Kill shot is a single skill which requires adrenaline and has a large start up time.

Positioning is important for LB rangers, but they’re probably still one of the easiest builds in the game to play, and it’s not solely due to 1500 range either. Try playing a glass staff ele in PvP and tell me how easy it is compared to LB rangers.
Don’t get me wrong though, I don’t think they’re OP, but I do think they’re easy.

Umm… longbow needs a master trait to increase it’s range to 1500, it needs a grandmaster trait to increase it’s velocity so that it will hit moving targets. If you don’t devote at least 6 points into longbow people can literally side step it’s arrows.

Not sure why you are bringing up staff ele in PvP when the majority of people are playing the broken cele ele build but if you want to go there… staff ele is just as dangerous to the bad players that complain about longbow rangers. Instead of having to focus down one player at a time they can deal massive aoe damage and CC every player on the point, and they can also drop water fields to help their team.

Any class is going to have an easy time if it is being completely ignored by the opposing team. What separates the good players from the bad is what they do when the pressure is on them.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

What makes you think 1500 range is unique to ranger or is even the max range? Traited grenade engineer has 1500 range and the grenades explode in a 120 radius AOE. So 1620 AOE for them.

Elementalist arcane blast is 1500 range, and is a guaranteed crit.

Fire staff elementalist autoattack has 1200 range and 180 splash radius. So would be superior to ranger if we accepted your 1300 range longbow nerf. And elementalists put out a heckuva lot more DPS than rangers.

Warrior Kill Shot is 1500 range. No traits needed.

The entire design of longbow is to hurt the target if he tries to to run away, but turns into a wet noodle if he closes with the ranger. If you were positioning yourself so it was difficult for your opponents to close with you (either due to terrain or a big blob of zerg in the way), then your wins were due to good tactical positioning, not due to the skills or range being OP. Try the same thing in a smaller engagement where the opponent realistically has the option to close and engage. If it still works then, then you can talk about it being OP.

The Grandmaster trait in question gives a 50% increase to grenade skill damage (‘only’ 17% to grenade barrage, but the full value to the rest), and allows them to tag an extra 5 people with each grenade skill. Eagle Eye gives a 5% damage bonus, and doesn’t give or boost AoE or multi-target capability at all. Besides, if you’re talking about tagging bodies in a zerg, as here, the slow projectile speed isn’t as big a problem as you’re making it out to be. When it comes to dungeons and SPvP, 1500 range isn’t actually a significant advantage, so that point is still irrelevant. A longbow ranger taking advantage of 1500 range isn’t holding or capturing a point, which is hurting the team. A ranger taking advantage of it in dungeons prevents that ranger from sharing the buffs of the party.

Elementalist staff doesn’t need to have 1500 range, given its easy access to AoE, several fields and at least one blast finisher, reflect, healing, multiple slowing effects, stun and knockback, a retreat, etc. If an elementalist is 1500 units away from an attacking longbow ranger, all they have to do is make on dodge roll forward and they’ll be in range.

As for ease of use, that’s a problem with the design of the class. In GW1, ranger was actually a class which required skill to use effectively (so was warrior, but that’s another story). Even within GW1, mesmers were changed from a complex, subtle class to keyboard bashing elementalist clones by a major update to their profession.

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Any class that runs glass has risk. Ele, engi, guard, or others. We can’t have it all regardless of how it is being presented by threads like these. I main a guard and guess what, if I run zerk triple med DPS in WvW I am going to get wrecked more often than not facing more than a single player. It isn’t a game design issue, but one of choice by me, the player when I want to go full on, balls out, dps. Mitigation and defense goes out the window by my own accord. Therein lies your risk vs. reward. Some people make it look easier than others but it doesn’t mean that class needs to be adjusted down because they play better.

This applies to the Ranger with their LB and range. Again, traits. Again, can’t have it all. Again, has to play smart. Again, so many counters to LB it isn’t funny.

If you choose to leave the ranger unattended, when they have the advantage, is it really a problem? That is like removing stealth from a thief.

I say this only because just last night someone raged a bit when skirmishing in EBG. One server zerg passing between Golanta and Klov, ours engages. You know the cliff between the tower, right? What is the ranger supposed to do in this scenario? Join the melee train or play smart, run around and up the cliff, and rain fire down upon people…

Right, I chose to join the melee train for the fun, risk vs. reward factor and I didn’t want to be too OP. No silly, I turned and burned it up that cliff so fast I would have made Roger Rabbit proud. Fellow ranger joined in the rush, then another, one set target, we assisted, and PEW PEW PEW happened. Guess what, we slaughtered many. No more than our melee friends down below I’m sure but at the end of the day it was like fishing for trout out of a barrel.

Target, assist, and shoot. Here is the kicker. Do you think we just randomly selected targets below? No. To make it more fun we actually selected the necros, rangers, and thieves sneaking around trying to take out our weaker targets. It was just a perfect storm and doesn’t always end up like this. But those that we took out I’m sure said a few choice words because of the advantage we had.

Win some, lose some. But this is really a silly thread. Bottom line is to have range and dps thy ranger has to yield some defenses. Just like everyone else. That is what we call balance. You don’t have to agree, you can be mad, we can remain friends, but that is how it is. You and your class has your perks, we have ours.

in Ranger

Posted by: jaif.3518

jaif.3518

Like many players I have a stable of characters. I mostly join the zerg or smaller groups in WvW. In my experience, my glassstaff elelementalist is much more productive for the same number of deaths as my glassbow ranger. Sure, I can be even safer as ranger, but I’ll get fewer kills.

I expect I could do better roaming with the glassBow ranger vs my ele, but I prefer other builds in both classes for roaming. A glass DD Ele should destroy a glassbow ranger 1v1.

(edited by jaif.3518)

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I never know how unchallenge range long range is with experience in wvw. I find 1500 too much no risk for ragner class range. Standard long range is 1200, what i do not understand is do ranger class need that +300 range to be effective as a long range class?

In wvw, all i was doing is spam longbow skill #1 and i feel this is too much not having risk for a range class. I am chock that i kill 8 player in 5 minute just for being in 1500 range: i find that problematic not accept for challenge play and require no risk play. No class should have easy advantage + with 0-little cooldown.

In Pve and Pvp: i see same effect and it should not be that way at all.

Last: there is no excuse, there is no reason for that class to have +300 advatage over standard 1200 range especially can spam with very low cool down.

Suggestion again: make ranger class range be 1300 range for challeng play and risk play.

Ranger class need have risk not have over advantage: i remember too, they have pet that can go long range: it make no sense giving ranger 2x long range- rangerpet+high mobility for ranger= too much no risk, too much no challenge

Conclude: Easy acess and easy advantage need to have risk and concequence.

Consider change to ranger range arena net

I don’t know if you are troll or sarcastic or just a guardian that rungs a zerg build and complains to be snipped. Range is all ranger has if you get close you destroy the power ranger, there is no reason to remove 300 range, and LONGBOW has a meaning with longest shot possible.

YOUR arguments have no value because they have no:
- constructed answer why this range is bad
- how to fix it to benefit other things if you nerf the range
- how will you fix close range
- how will you fix mobility
- utility?
- pet ai?

Renting is not solving anything, bring solution and suggest bonuses how to trade 300 range for something useful on utility or mobility.

Range GS is boring and only unskilled players run it with LB. Give me reasonable exchange for 300 range and i give you my range. But then needs warrior nerfs to mobility and thief nerf on shortbow.
Because getting close to ranger is not a problem.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

I never know how unchallenge range long range is with experience in wvw. I find 1500 too much no risk for ragner class range. Standard long range is 1200, what i do not understand is do ranger class need that +300 range to be effective as a long range class?

In wvw, all i was doing is spam longbow skill #1 and i feel this is too much not having risk for a range class. I am chock that i kill 8 player in 5 minute just for being in 1500 range: i find that problematic not accept for challenge play and require no risk play. No class should have easy advantage + with 0-little cooldown.

Last: there is no excuse, there is no reason for that class to have +300 advatage over standard 1200 range especially can spam with very low cool down.

Suggestion again: make ranger class range be 1300 range for challeng play and risk play.

Ranger class need have risk not have over advantage: i remember too, they have pet that can go long range: it make no sense giving ranger 2x long range- rangerpet+high mobility for ranger= too much no risk, too much no challenge

I don’t know if you are troll or sarcastic or just a guardian that rungs a zerg build and complains to be snipped. Range is all ranger has if you get close you destroy the power ranger, there is no reason to remove 300 range, and LONGBOW has a meaning with longest shot possible.

- utility?
- pet ai?

Renting is not solving anything, bring solution and suggest bonuses how to trade 300 range for something useful on utility or mobility.

Range GS is boring and only unskilled players run it with LB. Give me reasonable exchange for 300 range and i give you my range. But then needs warrior nerfs to mobility and thief nerf on shortbow.

I play other class but my main is Guardian because it is fun class and challenge class. I play ranger class when i am bored and want easy kill. I post about ranger range only! If you read my post, i describe why ranger range is bad. There should not be any trade off at all. You know that not everything you take need a trade off? Arena net adjusted Teleport in last patch, there was no trade-of. So not everything need trade off That is why i suggestion ranger range be 1300, so that mean no trade-off. 1500 range vs 1200 range is too much advantage for ranger, and also read this forum with link that give description of ranger spec. Ranger is not a weak class, they are very Powerful and should not be under-estimated. I see ranger player kill thief player all the time in wvw and pvp. I even have all ranger party in my server that find enemy thief player and kill them.

Here is thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Article-Discussing-Ranger-And-The-Meta/first#post4895936

So you see, 1300 range will not change anything in ranger but just range

(Again, the reason is to encourage ranger to be a challenge class. Not all class have gap closer like thief and warrior and elementalist, so that mean: they deserve to be treated the same challenge like them ).

Ankur

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

- utility?
- pet ai?

I play other class but my main is Guardian. I post about ranger range only! If you read my post, i describe why ranger range is bad. There should not be any trade off at all. You know that not everything you take need a trade off? Arena net adjusted Teleport in last patch, there was no trade-of. So not everything need trade off That is why i suggestion ranger range be 1300, so that mean no trade-off. 1500 range vs 1200 range is too much advantage for ranger, and also read this forum with link that give description of ranger spec. Ranger is not a weak class, they are very Powerful and should not be under-estimated. I see ranger player kill thief player all the time in wvw and pvp. I even have all ranger party in my server that find enemy thief and kill them.

Here is thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Article-Discussing-Ranger-And-The-Meta/first#post4895936

(Again, the reason is to encourage ranger to be a challenge class. Not all class have gap closer like thief and warrior and elementalist, so that mean: they deserve to be treated the same challenge like them ).

You don’t pay attention to counterarguments, your knowledge of game balance and game mechanics is laughable at best, and you don’t even know your own profession (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Judge%27s_Intervention).

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

- utility?
- pet ai?

I play other class but my main is Guardian. I post about ranger range only! If you read my post, i describe why ranger range is bad. There should not be any trade off at all. You know that not everything you take need a trade off? Arena net adjusted Teleport in last patch, there was no trade-of. So not everything need trade off That is why i suggestion ranger range be 1300, so that mean no trade-off. 1500 range vs 1200 range is too much advantage for ranger, and also read this forum with link that give description of ranger spec. Ranger is not a weak class, they are very Powerful and should not be under-estimated. I see ranger player kill thief player all the time in wvw and pvp. I even have all ranger party in my server that find enemy thief and kill them.

You don’t pay attention to counterarguments, your knowledge of game balance and game mechanics is laughable at best, and you don’t even know your own profession (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Judge%27s_Intervention).

It have 45 second long cool-down vs ranger range 3/4 second almost instant cool-down
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Range_Shot

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eagle_Eye +300 range

It have1200 range vs 1500 ranger range. You see the difference? You see the huge advantage? Do you see who is challenge and not challenge?

Last, do you see who have low risk no risk vs one with high risk?

Ankur

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

- utility?
- pet ai?

It have 45 second long cool-down vs ranger range 3/4 second almost instant cool-down
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Range_Shot

It have1200 range vs 1500 ranger range. You see the difference? You see the huge advantage?

Last, do you see who have low risk no risk vs one with high risk?

You only need to use Judge’s Intervention once, and you have a dead ranger. Are you seriously too dense to see that, for the ranger, that is risk? The fact that letting anyone come within 1200 range of you will get you killed most of the time is huge risk. Traiting for longbow makes a ranger extremely fragile at close range, and every class can close that gap in less than 2.5 seconds. You are calling 2 free auto attacks a major, unfair advantage. That is why everyone is telling you that you are an inexperienced, unskilled player. Get it now?

This game is balanced around sPvP, not WvW, and in sPvP, longbows are almost worthless. For competitive play, 1500 range isn’t good enough. You’ve been told all of this before by at least a dozen players, but you aren’t listening. It’s getting tiresome; please, for our sake, learn to read.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

So let me put description of ranger article here so other can see how “almost worthless” ranger is with 1500 range.

The Power Ranger,

Over 60% crit chance
AOE Cripple (Barrage/Muddy Terrain)
Near total condition immunity (thanks to Survival Skills)
Fear (Wolf)
Knockdown (Wolf)
Long range Knockback (Point Blank Shot)
x3 Immobilize, two of which are AOE (Entangle/Muddy Terrain/Spider)
Stealth from Longbow and exceptional for escaping: Hunters Shot > Greatsword > Swoop)
Immunity for 6 seconds (Signet of Stone)
Immunity for 3 seconds (Counter attack)
Long duration daze (Hilt Bash)
Long duration cripple (Counter attack throw)
1500 attacking range
Auto attacks that consistently hit for over 1500 from 1500 range
Enormous spike damage from Rapid Fire, on a cooldown of only 10 seconds
High mobility when using Swoop + Rune of the Pack
An Elite on a 48 second cooldown (Entangle)

Example: if mesmer and thief had 1500 range, it would be same “worthless”? Please tell that in mesmer forum and thief forum.

Here is some Ranger upgrade patch note:

“Read the Wind:
This trait now grants a 10% attack speed increase while wielding a longbow.
Signet of the Beastmaster:
This trait has been replaced by Predator’s Onslaught.* *All effects from that trait have been rolled into the baseline signet abilities.
Predator’s Onslaught:
Rangers deal 10% bonus damage to enemies suffering from inhibiting conditions (cripple, chill, immobilize). Pets deal 5% bonus damage to these enemies as well.
Strider’s Defense:
Increased the chance to block projectiles while executing melee attacks from 15% to 20%.
Rending Attacks:
This trait now affects all pets.
Intimidation Training:
This trait now affects all pet abilities that deal direct damage. This effect can only occur once per ability.
Stability Training:
Fixed a bug that caused this trait to never activate. This trait now affects all pets.
Sic ’Em:
Increased the duration of revealed from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.
Long Range Shot:
Increased damage at the 0-500 range by 17%. Increased damage at the 500-1000 range by 7%.
Rapid Fire:
Decreased casting time from 5 seconds to 2.5 seconds.
Barrage:
Reduced cast time by 0.6 seconds.
Power Stab:
Increased damage of this skill by 10%.
Maul:
Increased the range of this skill from 150 to 220. Increased the number of targets from 3 to 5.
Swoop:
The ranger now evades during the attack portion of the skill.
Counterattack:
Reduced the aftercast of the kick portion of this skill by 0.7 seconds.
Hilt Bash:
Increased stun and daze durations to 1.5 seconds.
Entangle:
Reduced recharge of this skill from 150 seconds to 60 seconds. Decreased the active duration of the roots from 20 seconds to 5.
Ricochet:
This skill now grants 3 seconds of might on hit.
Path of Scars:
Increased projectile velocity by 25%.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-9-2014

You make ranger class class weak by using the word worthless. Ranger is very powerful class especially with range damage increase from patch.

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

So let me put description of ranger article here so other can see how “almost worthless” ranger is with 1500 range.

The Power Ranger,

Over 60% crit chance
Fear (Wolf)
Knockdown (Wolf)
Stealth from Longbow and exceptional for escaping: Hunters Shot > Greatsword > Swoop)
1500 attacking range

I see you have fan into the dreaded 6/6/6/6/6 ranger scourge of all things balanced and truly a terror to behold, the ultimate predator, I can’t even finish that while a ranger could have many of those qualities that you are listing all of which require making choices and specializing for a purpose.

You probably weren’t playing at the time, but longbow’s auto attack didn’t even require dodging you could just strafe back a forth and laugh. Now while they have made improvements to help with this it should have never happened the profession as it stands now would have been in a better place if it had never been released at launch and was being released along side the revenant.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The Power Ranger,

Over 60% crit chance
Fear (Wolf)
Knockdown (Wolf)
1500 attacking range

Example: if mesmer and thief had 1500 range, it would be same “worthless”? Please tell that in mesmer forum and thief forum.

“Read the Wind:
This trait has been replaced by Predator’s Onslaught.* *All effects from that trait have been rolled into the baseline signet abilities.
Predator’s Onslaught:
Rangers deal 10% bonus damage to enemies suffering from inhibiting conditions (cripple, chill, immobilize). Pets deal 5% bonus damage to these enemies as well.
Strider’s Defense:
Increased the chance to block projectiles while executing melee attacks from 15% to 20%.
Rending Attacks:
Intimidation Training:
This trait now affects all pet abilities that deal direct damage. This effect can only occur once per ability.
Stability Training:
Fixed a bug that caused this trait to never activate. This trait now affects all pets.
Sic ’Em:
Long Range Shot:
Increased damage at the 0-500 range by 17%. Increased damage at the 500-1000 range by 7%.
Rapid Fire:
Barrage:
Power Stab:
Maul:
Increased the range of this skill from 150 to 220. Increased the number of targets from 3 to 5.
Swoop:
Counterattack:
Hilt Bash:
Entangle:
Reduced recharge of this skill from 150 seconds to 60 seconds. Decreased the active duration of the roots from 20 seconds to 5.
Ricochet:
Path of Scars:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-9-2014

I heard from my friend’s cousin that a ranger could win 4v1 and not even lose.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

The Power Ranger,

Over 60% crit chance
Fear (Wolf)
Knockdown (Wolf)
1500 attacking range

“Read the Wind:
Predator’s Onslaught:
Strider’s Defense:
Rending Attacks:
Intimidation Training:
Stability Training:
Sic ’Em:
Long Range Shot:
Rapid Fire:
Barrage:
Power Stab:
Maul:
Swoop:
Counterattack:
Hilt Bash:
Entangle:
Ricochet:
Path of Scars:

You make ranger class class weak by using the word worthless. Ranger is very powerful class especially with range damage increase from patch.

Yet ranger is still nowhere nearly as strong as the “Meta classes”. And 1 v 1 LB ranger is still nowhere close to the top, because other 6 classes are all much more powerful than all these things you listed. Even you listed all the great advantages ranger has, they still can’t win meta spec, and top players still would not use ranger because they tried and it failed them.

Keep being hypocritical. You can keep listing how strong ranger are, but they’re still not making into the Meta because other classes are just BETTER! If ALL CLASSES ARE OP, THEN NO CLASSES ARE OP!

Added note: You can nerf ranger’s range, but you MUST come with compensation if you want to take away ranger’s only advantage because they’re nowhere near the top at the first place. If you decrease the range by 200, then take away the damage reduction from mid range and close range on LB auto-attack. I’ll call it even because you want us to have more risk by staying in closer range.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

The Power Ranger,

Over 60% crit chance
Fear (Wolf)
Knockdown (Wolf)
1500 attacking range

“Read the Wind:
Predator’s Onslaught:
Strider’s Defense:
Rending Attacks:
Intimidation Training:
Stability Training:
Sic ’Em:
Long Range Shot:
Rapid Fire:
Barrage:
Power Stab:
Maul:
Swoop:
Counterattack:
Hilt Bash:
Entangle:
Ricochet:
Path of Scars:

Yet ranger is still nowhere nearly as strong as the “Meta classes”. And 1 v 1 LB ranger is still nowhere close to the top, because other 6 classes are all much more powerful than all these things you listed. Even you listed all the great advantage have, they still can’t win meta spec, and top players still would not use ranger because they tried and it failed them.

Keep being hypocritical. You can keep listing how strong ranger are, but they’re still not making into the Meta because other classes are just BETTER! If ALL CLASSES ARE OP, THEN NO CLASSES ARE OP!

I am not saying ranger is the most powerful than all other class, i am saying that ranger is very powerful class. I believe you about meta Let me ask you a question, why is ranger class afraid to have their ranger decrease a little? I play ranger too and i do die a lot by instant kill class when i play with short bow and when i get close. Is it because of that? Sometime i feel ranger short bow need 1200 range: would that help ranger class better? For trade off: longbow 1200-1300 and short-bow 1200 range?

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Added note: You can nerf ranger’s range, but you MUST come with compensation if you want to take away ranger’s only advantage because they’re nowhere near the top at the first place. If you decrease the range by 200, then take away the damage reduction from mid range and close range on LB auto-attack. I’ll call it even because you want us to have more risk by staying in closer range.

Not entirely true then it start to get in to vagueness of builds that counter too many other builds and such, but all in all I don’t see them doing much to the longbow at all short term or long unless they change out whoever is setting the professions direction and design philosophies (possible for the second or third time).

If the extra ranged that most (if not all the projectiles and many non-projectiles have) in the have is the real issue then that I could see might need addressing. If it just a couple of maps in spvp or locations in wvw then just take it as one of those things that you need to think about before engaging in those scenarios.

I am not saying ranger is the most powerful than all other class, i am saying that ranger is very powerful class. I believe you about meta Let me ask you a question, why is ranger class afraid to have their ranger decrease a little? I play ranger too and i do die a lot by instant kill class when i play with short bow and when i get close. Is it because of that? Sometime i feel ranger short bow need 1200 range: would that help ranger class better? For trade off: longbow 1200-1300 and short-bow 1200 range?

They double-tap shortbow (once as an animation fix) as the second time just so that the longbow would look better/have a purpose. For most it isn’t about fear it is about completely losing the option, because the next thing would be complains about the now OP Shortbow if the change you suggested came to pass. The longbow really seeing play outside of the silliness that is the warrior version is still a very new thing (especially with the snails pace that is balance patches) people generally both want and hate change. They state that they hate the meta and hate exploits, but cry nerf and destruction of the (insert name of profession here).

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

(edited by Bran.7425)

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

So….DarkSyze. You main a guardian and you are complaining about a Ranger? Seriously?

You are in all honesty posting in this thread saying that playing a LB ranger, with traits for the extra range, is not fun or a challenge. Is that the short of it more or less?

Yet on your guardian you have a higher chance of insta gibbing someone running a similar setup all things being equal. In other words both Ranger and Guardian can trait for full dps, load up berserker armor and accessories, sigils and runes, and finally some food and pretty much do exactly the same thing. To include having the Guardian use range.

I don’t know about you but selecting a target or assisting a target while in dance, spooling up focus 5 to prep, and then using J I to hit target is just as easy as selecting target or assisting. The only difference is that said Ranger can use the range or surrounding area to his or her advantage. But once that closes the game is over. Much like that of the DPS minded mediation Guardian.

So what if the Guardian uses more number slots to do the initial burst. Start of the fight is pretty much the same as is the rotation. Actually may be less on the Guardian because that initial burst can be pretty daunting once added up.

My personal opinion is that you lost this debate and you are trolling once no one jumped on your bandwagon. There is plenty of risk vs. reward for the Rangers whom use the long bow. There is also plenty of ways to counter it albeit solo, small party, or zerg. I’m out of this silly argument and posted enough.

Good luck with your crusade against the Long Bow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I can only shake my head at all this …tripe.. from the OP.

Seriously. My main is zerker fit with 6/6/2/0/0 for the traits using both piercing and increased range.

There is a very good reason I don’t take this build into WvW or PvP. That extra range is only on paper. Anyone with half a brain can close that gap faster than you can finish Rapid Fire and swap weapons.

Frankly I think OP is simply trolling.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

Seriously. My main is zerker fit with 6/6/2/0/0 for the traits using both piercing and increased range.

There is a very good reason I don’t take this build into WvW or PvP. That extra range is only on paper. Anyone with half a brain can close that gap faster than you can finish Rapid Fire and swap weapons.

“That extra range is only on paper”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eagle_Eye this is simple trolling too? There is only 2 class that can close that gap fast: warrior+thief. What about the rest class? This is not about what class can close gap, this is about range advantage. So make it ok for warrior and thief but not ok for the rest class?

You forget about this skill http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Point_Blank_Shot. Again, i am not saying ranger is not the most powerful class in the game but their range need some adjustment to be challenge to All class.

Ankur

in Ranger

Puck.9612

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eagle_Eye this is simple trolling too? There is only 2 class that can close that gap fast: warrior+thief. What about the rest class? This is not about what class can close gap, this is about range advantage. So make it ok for warrior and thief but not ok for the rest class?

You forget about this skill http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Point_Blank_Shot. Again, i am not saying ranger is not the most powerful class in the game but their range need some adjustment to be challenge to All class.

Wut? You said you play guardian… Medi guards usually have 3 teleports and a crap ton of blocks and blinds. Medi guards come very close to hard countering longbow rangers. If you spent half the time learning your class that you spend complaining about rangers you would have no problem beating them.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

You forgot d/d ele (RtL, burning speed, mag grasp); staff ele has reflect and stuns so gap closer is unneeded; engie has 1500 range nades, blocking toolkit and shield reflect, mesmers have blink, stealth and clones; necromancers have spectral grasp.

It looks suspiciously like every class has something which can easily counter 1500 range.

in Ranger

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I will just say this:

*Berserker or even soldier warriors destroy my ranger on wvw;
*Necros destroy my ranger on wvw;
*Shatter mesmer destroy my ranger on wvw;
*Condi nade dire engineer destroy my ranger on wvw;

If the 1500 range was that OP, I shouldn’t die for so many professions…

Let’s take a look at my medi guard on pvp: he stomps power rangers so hard, usually get them downed in less than 5 seconds. Now if on pvp where things are pretty much balanced, power rangers stand close zero chance to win, now please think about WvW. Yes, that’s right. In 2 years and 4 months playing this game, my guardian lost 2 fights for rangers. One was a power ranger way before the patch that outplayed me, kudos to him, and the other was a condi ranger that hit me with a kittenload of bleed faster than I could cleanse.

So please, let’s nerf rangers and make them once again the most useless profession on this game. They are barely viable now, let’s take a step back and let the rangers fade into oblivion.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

It’s in the kitten name for crying out loud… RANGEr. Rangers should have greater range abilities, naturally, than any other class. As it is, we have to dedicate a lot to get that range as well as arrow speed. 2 separate traits needed to have something we should already have.

Is there a swing your weapon faster trait? No? Well, slower attacks then. Hold your shield tighter trait? No? Easier to bypass shield defenses. Learn to run with heavy armor trait? No? Run speed and gap closer range reduced by 25% and endurance recharges at -25%. (That would be two traits)

We get range and damage. Our job is to keep you away from us. Your job is to get to us. Every class has a way to do that, some have multiple. +300 is a joke. 1500 should be the base for the LB without the need for a trait slot.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

Are you seriously asking to lower the range on a class that is SUPPOSED TO be long range?

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I think enough evidence has been provided the Devs won’t take this thread seriously.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Darksyze, as my main is a meditation guardian I could give you plenty of advice on how to counter longbow rangers. If you would post your build (using gw2skills.net) I could give you some pointers. In fact, your best bet would of been to go to the guardian forums and open up a topic asking for advice on how to deal with longbow rangers, instead of requesting nerfs that will never happen.

The range is very easily negated through a Judge’s Intervention and Flashing Blade (sword teleport) or Leap of Faith (greatsword leap). Also, Flashing Blade/Leap of Faith blinds the target so there’s a chance the ranger will try to use Poing Blank Shot or Hunter’s Shot and miss.

If you can’t beat a longbow ranger after closing the gap either the issue lies with the build you’re using or simply the skill you have. In either case, I really doubt that 200 less range would help you in any way win the fight. Ask for advice, listen to the advice and apply it to your skill set. Asking for nerfs of a profession that beat you will in no way make you a better player.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

Darksyze, as my main is a meditation guardian I could give you plenty of advice on how to counter longbow rangers. If you would post your build (using gw2skills.net) I could give you some pointers. In fact, your best bet would of been to go to the guardian forums and open up a topic asking for advice on how to deal with longbow rangers, instead of requesting nerfs that will never happen.

The range is very easily negated through a Judge’s Intervention and Flashing Blade (sword teleport) or Leap of Faith (greatsword leap). Also, Flashing Blade/Leap of Faith blinds the target so there’s a chance the ranger will try to use Poing Blank Shot or Hunter’s Shot and miss.

If you can’t beat a longbow ranger after closing the gap either the issue lies with the build you’re using or simply the skill you have. In either case, I really doubt that 200 less range would help you in any way win the fight. Ask for advice, listen to the advice and apply it to your skill set. Asking for nerfs of a profession that beat you will in no way make you a better player.

This is the build i use: a heal build because that is what Guardian class is

http://www.gw2db.com/skill-builds/575-heal-guard

I do not have very high gear+accessories but i am almost there like: ascended.

I would like to try your meditation build and your advice

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

One would think you’d want to see it actually at 1500 before asking for 1300… Did the distance bug and I’m sure a lot of issues will fix themselves.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Well, that explains a lot…

Fault 1, the Guardian class is what you make of it. Since there is no primary healing meta in the game, nor tanking, you get to mix and match for your comfort.

Fault 2, The URL/Build you posted, it is dated 2012. Game has changed as did the supporting Guardian builds.

I’d seriously recommend going back to the Guardian form and spend more time there asking for help rather than telling this forum how OP they are. Heck, search for the healaway build, it is a good place to start. Most build off of that.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

Fault 1, the Guardian class is what you make of it. Since there is no primary healing meta in the game, nor tanking, you get to mix and match for your comfort.

Fault 2, The URL/Build you posted, it is dated 2012. Game has changed as did the supporting Guardian builds.

I’d seriously recommend going back to the Guardian form and spend more time there asking for help rather than telling this forum how OP they are. Heck, search for the healaway build, it is a good place to start. Most build off of that.

I understand and Thank You! Crapgame: it is my duty like you to report problem to Arena net so they can investigate and do research. I am not telling this forum how Op they are but asking for make ranger class challenge. If Guardian class had same problem: i would report same to Arena net. I am not picking on ranger class like some player say i am: again i am just asking for Arena net to make ranger class challenge, that is all.

Every player experience is important in this game, as long they want challenge-risk+reward and fun.

If you see the same for Guardian class: i will not be angry at you or make you feel not important: because you are important like all of us player. We player are community- community help each other feel important, no matter differences. And also, not everyone experience in the community is same and we need to respect that. Just because you do not see a problem, do not mean there is not a problem. That is why it is important for Arena net to investigate and see if there is real problem and to give us player result from investigation so we will not get angry at each other for a long time

Example: it is like have 2 brothers/2 sisters arguing about how is right and who is wrong, so the parent step in and resolve it.

Ankur

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I understand and Thank You! Crapgame: it is my duty like you to report problem to Arena net so they can investigate and do research. I am not telling this forum how Op they are but asking for make ranger class challenge. If Guardian class had same problem: i would report same to Arena net. I am not picking on ranger class like some player say i am: again i am just asking for Arena net to make ranger class challenge, that is all.

Every player experience is important in this game, as long they want challenge-risk+reward and fun.

If you see the same for Guardian class: i will not be angry at you or make you feel not important: because you are important like all of us player. We player are community- community help each other feel important, no matter differences. And also, not everyone experience in the community is same and we need to respect that. Just because you do not see a problem, do not mean there is not a problem. That is why it is important for Arena net to investigate and see if there is real problem and to give us player result from investigation so we will not get angry at each other for a long time

Example: it is like have 2 brothers/2 sisters arguing about how is right and who is wrong and than the parent step in and resolve it.

So just to be clear, you are going to completely disregard all of the players that have stated they have no problem beating a longbow ranger 1v1, you are going to ignore every argument rangers have made listing the counters that other classes can bring against the longbow, and you are just going to decide rangers have no challenge.

And your whole argument is based on the fact that rangers have no challenge beating you, a player who knowingly chooses to run a completely outdated, healing build, instead of running skills that would not only make you all around more useful but would also give you a huge advantage while fighting a ranger.

This is your argument…..