Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

It’s almost funny

Attachments:

Surprise surprise, Druid's last!

in Ranger

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Disappointing, but not surprising. I think ranger morale is at an all time low now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

I’d say we’re both last as testing will be done simultaneously and character builders won’t be updated until after their BWE.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Disappointing, but not surprising. I think ranger morale is at an all time low now.

Mine is, but to be fair, first announced and last to be officially “revealed” kind of makes sense. Some other professions had it worse I think, like warriors that knew absolutely nothing until the reveal.

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Well I can only hope (yeah, stupid I know) that this means they’ve been taking their time to work on the profession…and not just slapping more band aids onto it and it calling it a day. To be fair, the Ranger and the Engineer both needed serious work. Was hoping Druid would be next but alas…as everyone expected, we’re last. Again.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I just hope Ranger reveal is next week then and there won’t be a BWE in between.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

More like:

Thief revealed!
Beta weekend!
Major updates to all revealed classes!
Engineer revealed!
Break!
Beta weekend!
Ranger revealed!
Release!
6 month break!
Minor bug fixes!
6 months break!
balance update!

We’re still on track.

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

Well I can only hope (yeah, stupid I know) that this means they’ve been taking their time to work on the profession…and not just slapping more band aids onto it and it calling it a day. To be fair, the Ranger and the Engineer both needed serious work. Was hoping Druid would be next but alas…as everyone expected, we’re last. Again.

I’ll admit I had this hope too. But the more I think about it, the more naive I feel. Ranger history proves my naivite.

The best analogy I can think of is that of comparing house foundations:

You take the Tempest for example; sure it’s probably one of the worst elite specs we’ve seen so far, but it’s built on a perfect, solid foundation – the Elementalist. The result is therefore an “oh well, we’re still as strong as ever with a few neat new toys to play with as a bonus”.

You take the Ranger; they’re building the Druid elite on top of a weak, broken foundation (i.e. the profession mechanic). Just how good can this elite be? Unless (by some miracle) they have actually addressed and somehow improved the profession mechanic altogether, it’s going to be, for want of a better expression, Anet trying to polish a poo. Sure there might be some cool new features and maybe one or two new utilities – but underneath the new makeup will be the same old, rotten core.

Let’s see just how far they’ve dug with the Ranger/Druid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Druid reveal last thing is actually a good thing, I’m feeling, they surely want to have a ‘finale’ and truly save the best for last, the spec with the biggest changes and the most thematically to do with HoT.

Also, any connection between Heart of Thorns coming out during Halloween when Mad King Thorn is around?

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

Also, any connection between Heart of Thorns coming out during Halloween when Mad King Thorn is around?

ILLOOMINARTYYY

in Ranger

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Hey Rangers,
I feel bad for you son,
9 specializations and you’re the last one =(

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Didn’t you hear about it? We misunderstood the whole heart of the thorns thing. Actually it is a dating simulation, we have to help Mad King Thorn to impress the lady he ever loved.

Back to topic: I’m still hopeful the druid will be something really nice. If it really gets glyphes, then there will be much versatility. And I remember some dev saying that druid will rock in PvP.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

My biggest problem with ranger now is definitely not the pet. As an (not meant to be real) example of how easy it would be to have everyone wanting a ranger in their PvE/PvP/WvW party, imagine if spotter increased the whole party’s damage by 30 percent? Boom, half of all ranger problems are solved. Now the ranger can spike targets, now we have a unique boon no one else can provide, now we have a reason to exist in team PvP fights, blah blah blah.

There are so many incredibly simple ways to fix ranger problems. Teleport to pet is functionally the same thing as the mesmer sword skill.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

And I remember some dev saying that druid will rock in PvP.

Do you have a link to an article or something?

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

More like:

Thief revealed!
Beta weekend!
Engineer revealed!
Break!
Beta weekend!
Ranger revealed!
Release!
6 month break!
Minor bug fixes!
6 months break!
balance update!

We’re still on track.

Haha thanks for digging that back up Now let’s just hope the next step is wrong!

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

And I remember some dev saying that druid will rock in PvP.

Do you have a link to an article or something?

To be fair I’m sure I’ve heard this before too, maybe on some POI, but can’t for the life of me remember when/where… then again chances are that’s probably a redundant statement now if Druid’s significantly changed since then.

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Christmas is arriving faster than the Druid reveal….AHHHGGG!!!!

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I’ll admit I had this hope too. But the more I think about it, the more naive I feel. Ranger history proves my naivite.

You take the Tempest for example; sure it’s probably one of the worst elite specs we’ve seen so far, but it’s built on a perfect, solid foundation – the Elementalist. The result is therefore an “oh well, we’re still as strong as ever with a few neat new toys to play with as a bonus”.

You take the Ranger; they’re building the Druid elite on top of a weak, broken foundation (i.e. the profession mechanic). Just how good can this elite be? Unless (by some miracle) they have actually addressed and somehow improved the profession mechanic altogether, it’s going to be, for want of a better expression, Anet trying to polish a poo. Sure there might be some cool new features and maybe one or two new utilities – but underneath the new makeup will be the same old, rotten core.

How good? Pretty kitten good. After all, Reaper is build on the decrepit foundation that is base Necromancer. So if that would be anything to go by you might have one of the best Elite Specs at your hands.

In all seriousness, though, I really wish you guys some love in fixes and with the Elite Spec. Heres hoping that last revealed = end it with a bang of awesomeness.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

(Sigh)

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

A-net: with the druid, we added a major improvement to the pet mechanics
ranger community: HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!
A-net: you now have even more available pets thanks to the new creatures discovered in the Maguuma jungle
ranger community: ….

in Ranger

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

Man, that proposed timeline had me in tears I was laughing so hard. Lol, the “Break!” after Engineer and the “Release!” after Druid. I’m still chuckling. Poor Druids

Seriously though, all of this waiting has at least shown me I am going to play Druid for better or worse. I was never this eager for any other specialization. I guess my heart is set on Druid so I’ll just have to make the most of whatever we get. Ya!

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I know. I am just holding onto hope from a long time ago, when they announced that they had hired someone to come work on the AI system. Dunno what happened to that guy after that…or what, but holding onto hope.

Yes Tempest was a big fail. I think it was probably hard to add something new to a profession that can already do anything and everything in the game. But holy cow that elite spec is a kitten . After seeing that release video, I noped out of my ele…was getting tired of being an Ice Bow dispenser anyway -.-

I wouldn’t call Ranger rotten, I’d call it misguided and a bit like someone cut ends off jigsaw puzzle pieces to make it fit. We work but our picture as a whole isn’t pretty or polished. I just wish they’d take the page from WoW’s book already and give the pet some AoE damage reduction or another way for Mr. Fluffy not to go SPLAT immediately entering near a boss. I fear those new raids as a ranger…with how the pets bounce around while standing next to you, its so easy for them to accidentally get into a red circle of death.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

Holland.9351 is the great Druid Prophet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Called it, they went by profession page order as suggested. One exception being the class that was clearly not ready, can you imagine if we only had one weekend to test it too…

…oh.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

I guess that tentonhammer article really hit a nerve

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Druid was the first elite spec to be revealed, together with Forge. Someone has to be last, it’s right that the last 2 are at least the ones we knew all along.

However I don’t know what people expect from Druid. It’s going to be a supporter class, probably a healer. It’s going to spec into the spirit part of the Ranger.

It doesn’t really need much damage, since it won’t be a dps spec, similar to Herald and Tempest.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

How good? Pretty kitten good. After all, Reaper is build on the decrepit foundation that is base Necromancer. So if that would be anything to go by you might have one of the best Elite Specs at your hands.

In all seriousness, though, I really wish you guys some love in fixes and with the Elite Spec. Heres hoping that last revealed = end it with a bang of awesomeness.

Necromancer isn’t bad. In fact, it’s probably second best in sPvP at the moment. Ranger, on the other hand, is the only profession that wasn’t in WTS. They’re going to need a really significant change to be made viable.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Ranger, on the other hand, is the only profession that wasn’t in WTS.

This just blows my mind every time I think about it.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Sigh…. One BWE and the least amount of time to give feedback out of any other profession.

At least Destiny’s expansion comes out tomorrow, it should hold me off until Halo 5, which should hold me off until my rage at ANet for poor communication, development, and updates for the past and the future of the ranger class is only a simmer and not at full boil.

Not to say ANet hasn’t EVENTUALLY done some stuff right. Ranger overall might be at the best place it has beekittennce launch, even though spirits have gone full circle and then farther into the development dumpster than ever before. But, I can’t be the only one who feels tired of feeling like we’re waiting to catch up with other classes development cycle to be competitive at a high end optimal level.

I love the ranger class, I main the ranger class, and I’d develop it for free for ANet because I don’t trust them to be competent or make quality improvements, especially not in a timeframe where those improvements would make a difference, after all, even if we are going the same speed in the same race, when everybody else has a had start, we’ll never catch up.

I don’t want to be right about things either, I want ANet to prove me wrong because I’d rather be happy than right any day.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

Druid was the first elite spec to be revealed, together with Forge. Someone has to be last, it’s right that the last 2 are at least the ones we knew all along.

However I don’t know what people expect from Druid. It’s going to be a supporter class, probably a healer. It’s going to spec into the spirit part of the Ranger.

It doesn’t really need much damage, since it won’t be a dps spec, similar to Herald and Tempest.

At this point I think plenty of us don’t really care exactly what Druid will bring to the table, as long as:

- It fits the theme (this is one thing that is actually looking positive)
- It brings real value to group play <- can’t stress this enough, short of going #FullCaps
- It’s not boring or a total ballache to play
- Our profession mechanic brings reliable value to gameplay

in Ranger

Posted by: Shard.4372

Shard.4372

I am so salty about Druid being last. I love my Ranger, she is in full ascended, with an ascended staff with the fractal skin waiting in anticipation for the skill set, yet I cannot see what it is yet because Ranger is ANet’s least favorite class. I want my elite spec already!

Xian Mistlock, 80 Herald
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: [EDGE] Journeys Edge

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

im actually kinda surprised, I thought they would throw us a bone. Foolish Zatoichi.

Anways…its all Jcbore’s fault!

in Ranger

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

I am so salty about Druid being last. I love my Ranger, she is in full ascended, with an ascended staff with the fractal skin waiting in anticipation for the skill set, yet I cannot see what it is yet because Ranger is ANet’s least favorite class. I want my elite spec already!

First off, that is some serious dedication to becoming a druid, who knows it might not be your style.

Second, the elite spec isn’t coming any faster or slower than any other class. They all come with the release of HoT. Yes some information on it would be nice however, there is a fairly decent understanding of in general what druid will be. Aspects and glyphs, as found by datamining and CDI’s. It’s only a little while longer till the expansion just got to be patient

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

First off, that is some serious dedication to becoming a druid, who knows it might not be your style.

Ascended staves are account bound, and fractal skins can’t be traded, so he hasn’t really committed anything.

in Ranger

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

I’m still pumped. And I’m actually pretty excited for engineer too. My second oldest char is an engi and she is also my least played. Maybe this will rekindle my initial love? Idk. But I KNOW Druid will be great even if it’s bad because it’s new and ranger feels like it has had the most stale gameplay for ages now.

Raises Glass
Here’s to my most played class, Ranger!

Cheers!

in Ranger

Pink Ninja Man.4375

Ascended staves are account bound, and fractal skins can’t be traded, so he hasn’t really committed anything.

That totally slipped my mind, xD I guess it is because I don’t play any classes with staf to transfer over =(. Thanks for the catch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Second, the elite spec isn’t coming any faster or slower than any other class. They all come with the release of HoT. Yes some information on it would be nice however, there is a fairly decent understanding of in general what druid will be. Aspects and glyphs, as found by datamining and CDI’s. It’s only a little while longer till the expansion just got to be patient

The problem isn’t when it will be released, the problem is that it’s going to get far, far less time to be balanced and have its problems corrected. Professions that are in a good place are getting two or three weekends to test out their elite specializations and provide feedback, while rangers (who have probably been overall in the worst spot of any profession continuously since launch) and engineers will be lucky to get one.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

the druid will not be a functional or playable spec on HoT’s release, I am certain of this. feel free to quote me later (but I hope I’m wrong).

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I was wondering what stat I should get on staff and then I realized, what if they give staff 2 different auto attacks like revenant spear?!?!?! Condi ranged and power melee!

OR FIVE!
Condi ranged
Melee power
Pbaoe healing
Single target ranged cripple
“Wave” condi cleansing

The lameness!

;-)

in Ranger

Shiki.7148

Necromancer isn’t bad. In fact, it’s probably second best in sPvP at the moment. Ranger, on the other hand, is the only profession that wasn’t in WTS. They’re going to need a really significant change to be made viable.

Uhm…second best? With what spec? Signets? The only reason that even works is because of Engineers and Burn Guardians spamming conditions and are stupid enough to load a Necro with it. You can take a look at the higher ranked teams, not a single one besides Abjured runs a Necro. Because , in any kind of Teamfight a Necro melts in like 3 seconds because we Necros have 0 kinds of active defenses; No blocks, no Invulns, no reflects, nothing. And Deathshroud doesn’t scale with amount of enemies. There is a reason it is “Focus Necro”; because if focused Necros melt like butter and turn the fight into a 4v5. Not to mention an utter lack of stability (one stack on entering Deathshroud if you actually take that grandmaster).

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

engineer and guard burns have absolutely nothing to do with it. in fact, top players use bunker guards and marauder engies. the signet necro works because it’s the only decent counter to d/d eles and other bunkers.

in Ranger

Pink Ninja Man.4375

The problem isn’t when it will be released, the problem is that it’s going to get far, far less time to be balanced and have its problems corrected. Professions that are in a good place are getting two or three weekends to test out their elite specializations and provide feedback, while rangers (who have probably been overall in the worst spot of any profession continuously since launch) and engineers will be lucky to get one.

The game is constantly getting changed and re-balanced. Even if all elite spec came out when the first beta weekend event occurred they would not be in their ‘final’ state. In fact they never will be because GW2 is constantly changing and different classes and specs come and go from power. Remember spirit ranger? Most of the elite specs have been relative fine balance wise and just needed some tweaking to get them to where the dev’s want them. There will be plenty of time between the last beta weekend and launch for this tweaking to occur and tweaking for all elite specs and regular specs will continue to happen after launch. Some how we survived launch of this game with very limited testing. Only about 3 or 4 beta weekends if I remember. Look how far we have come since then, it will be similar with the launch of HoT.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

At this point I think plenty of us don’t really care exactly what Druid will bring to the table, as long as:

- It fits the theme (this is one thing that is actually looking positive)
- It brings real value to group play <- can’t stress this enough, short of going #FullCaps
- It’s not boring or a total ballache to play
- Our profession mechanic brings reliable value to gameplay

I agree, but people will just complain that it has less dps then ranger.
And well, of course a ranger is more offensively oriented then a druid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

On the plus side the staff we’ll be getting is pretty.

I agree, but people will just complain that it has less dps then ranger.
And well, of course a ranger is more offensively oriented then a druid.

Only baddies maybe. Look at the necro. It can put out a great amount of DPS. It’s picked even less than Ranger because it almost entirely lacks team support.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

in Ranger

Shiki.7148

engineer and guard burns have absolutely nothing to do with it. in fact, top players use bunker guards and marauder engies. the signet necro works because it’s the only decent counter to d/d eles and other bunkers.

Sorry but exactly how does a Signet Necro counter bunkers? All it does is corrupt boons (with mediocre condi damage because it is played Celestial 99% of the time) and “reflect” conditions.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Sorry but exactly how does a Signet Necro counter bunkers? All it does is corrupt boons (with mediocre condi damage because it is played Celestial 99% of the time) and “reflect” conditions.

I thought boons were good?

in Ranger

Shiki.7148

Necromancer corrupts boons on enemies, meaning turns them into conditions; but the damage from celestial can usually be outhealed (or outcleansed) by bunker guards. They won’t kill the necro, but the necro cannot kill the bunker guard either. Or at least not in a time that matters.

in Ranger

Posted by: SemiProBBQ.8946

SemiProBBQ.8946

I bought xanthium when they made the announcement I’ve been staring at it this whole time lol

Delecroix – Ranger master race

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Necromancer corrupts boons on enemies, meaning turns them into conditions; but the damage from celestial can usually be outhealed (or outcleansed) by bunker guards. They won’t kill the necro, but the necro cannot kill the bunker guard either. Or at least not in a time that matters.

But they can strip stability and force them off point long enough to decap

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended