Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

fixing broken thread………

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Surprise surprise, Druid's last!

in Ranger

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

This also means they have worked on the class the longest. Not to be too hopeful.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

This also means they have worked on the class the longest. Not to be too hopeful.

Well it doesn’t actually. The date of the reveal doesn’t mean they started working on it any earlier than the others. They’ve probably been working on all classes the same amount of time.

The difference is that ranger will receive the least player feedback, and that is not a good thing.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Just because they’ve revealed the other elite specs doesn’t mean they’re finished or that they’ve stopped working on them.

All this means is the druid (and the forge) will get the least amount of testing, since they will only be playable in one beta event.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Just because they’ve revealed the other elite specs doesn’t mean they’re finished or that they’ve stopped working on them.

All this means is the druid (and the forge) will get the least amount of testing, since they will only be playable in one beta event.

With 42 pets. I am hoping this means they are entirely sure what they are changing works. You could say more effort went into druid than into chronomancer.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Sadly, I’m not surprised at all about the druid being last. Ignoring the ranger seems to be a standard practice in this game. I’m truly sorry about this turn of events. Just do yourselves a favor and main another profession.

in Ranger

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

Ranger, on the other hand, is the only profession that wasn’t in WTS.

This just blows my mind every time I think about it.

cough the dankening with Eurantien cough

die Gedanken sind frei

in Ranger

Posted by: Knox.8462

Knox.8462

Mesmer was the last class to be revealed before the core game release. It was the franchise’s most unique class so it made sense to save it for the last reveal for impact.

Druid has been left till last because let’s face it, no other spec has the same relevance to the Maguuma Jungle theme of the expansion. The last reveal is not an afterthought, it’s usually something special to push up interest before release, like the Mesmer was.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

You know you guys are not the only ones thieves seem to get the crappy end of the stick as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Ranger, on the other hand, is the only profession that wasn’t in WTS.

This just blows my mind every time I think about it.

cough the dankening with Eurantien cough

They weren’t in the last WTS. There have been tons of rangers in the past, but not anymore.

Also I don’t know much about the team, but based on his posts, I think Eura doesn’t play ranger with them anymore?

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I am actually pretty relieved. They are doing reveals again, which means more than likely one week will be druid. I was worried we’d have to wait another week or two for reveals to begin again.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dionosio.5168

Dionosio.5168

You know you guys are not the only ones thieves seem to get the crappy end of the stick as well.

My mains are ranger and thief… I’m kind of… sad…

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Mesmer was the last class to be revealed before the core game release. It was the franchise’s most unique class so it made sense to save it for the last reveal for impact.

Druid has been left till last because let’s face it, no other spec has the same relevance to the Maguuma Jungle theme of the expansion. The last reveal is not an afterthought, it’s usually something special to push up interest before release, like the Mesmer was.

Actually, I believe they had been planning to release druid earlier, but had to go through more iterations and make more changes to the initial design than with other specializations. Unless I’m mistaken, something similar happened with forge as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Im sorry man.

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

These feels…I know them well, my mains are these two as well :/ I just wanted to use my stupid legendary and those are the only two professions that can use it.

Hoping Forge is neat so I can get back on my Engineer for a bit to forget about that Daredevil junk /sigh

in Ranger

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I must say, I wondered if they were making rangers last because they were going to include some tweaks to the core ranger as well. One can hope, right?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Druid also has the best name out of the Especs, so it’s being saved for last

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Druid also has the best name out of the Especs…

Agreed.

….maybe second only to chronomancer, because that’s a dang classy way to say
‘time mage’.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Don’t you also get all jittery in anticipation of our own dev post just for the Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Don’t you also get all jittery in anticipation of our own dev post just for the Ranger?

….nope. I’m preparing for disappointment so that way I’ll be satisfied with the Druid reveal no matter what!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

The Druid wont be my cup of tea anyways, I am looking for more damage.
What would really excite me would be changes to the base class.

I’m also looking forward to the new profession mechanic the Druid gets, tho I’m doubtful.
All former elite specializations got their mechanic upgraded, not completely overhauled.
So if the Ranger will trade the pets for aspects, we would play the only profession which got it’s mechanic replaced. I would find that a desultory change, because it means that Anet has capitulated trying to fix the pets and because it could very well mean that our mechainc is undertuned, because it is not one-upping an already exsisting mechanic.

However, if ANet just slaps new mechanics onto the pet, then I would not be happy either, because it would not fix all the exsisting problems the pet has. It would just inherit all the flaws the pet still has.

(edited by Wuselknusel.4082)

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

What leads you to believe that a Druid has to be support oriented? What makes you believe an offensive based Druid isn’t feasible?

I still have my fingers crossed that it -will- be damage focused. There’s already a severe abundance of support in this game as is, and now the Herald is bringing even MORE. I’d like to believe that the devs in charge of Druid know this and won’t just hash on more of the same, resulting in something kitten.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

Oh yes, I’m all sorts of excited for a dev to hype train the ever loving kitten out of Druid….
…..and then we get Aquaman Patch: Druid Edition.

This is my realistic expectation of druid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Even if the druid is more support oriented you’ll still be able to build one offensively. Druid can still equip the longbow and take points in Marksmanship and Skirmishing. And if druid is a support line it probably has traits that improve the druid’s survivability or access to certain boons, which you need in damage oriented builds anyway.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

LB/Staff will definitely be a thing, if the Druid line has some condi removal and or Resistance, then DR/NM/BM will be awesome for PvP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Not only will it be last, but the POI will be the shortest one. And the devs will rush it all the while joking about bear bows and talking random nonsense.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Not only will it be last, but the POI will be the shortest one. And the devs will rush it all the while joking about bear bows and talking random nonsense.

Uh uh ahh, Bear Staff.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I think the reason is because we learned our specialization first.. When they announced specialization they mentioned the Druid for Ranger and they mentioned that we will wield staff.
So thats why i think they left Druid last.

Still yes, its gonna be hilarious. We will have the least time to test it,it will be full of bugs and as always we will get some bugged mechanic, tied with some other mechanic from the game ( cause its ready ) which is gonna be very hard to rework it so it will remain bugged

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I must say, I wondered if they were making rangers last because they were going to include some tweaks to the core ranger as well. One can hope, right?

Maybe… core Necro changes were happening with the Reaper, even now, axe and scepter are having tweaks done. Could have some core Ranger tweaks here and there. There’s enough threads between now and then in which Ireno could have obtained a fair amount of notes.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

No kitten. I’ve been calling it for months now.

Honestly? It’s good that it’ll receive less player feedback.
… anet doesn’t listen to it anyway, not when it’s about ranger.
You know what they gonna say when someone will point out that the mechanics are still broken as hell?

I just want to clarify for good that X is currently working as intended… It has a very specific play style, and I would like it to remain.
(specific playstyle meaning a broken mess)

in Ranger

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

ppl the best comes last

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

ppl the best comes last

Wish I coiuld have your optimism

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

ppl the best comes last

Wish I coiuld have your optimism

They certainly would not save the worst for last, worst things go in the middle. So they don’t get noticed.

Saving Druid for last was probably intended all along, since it is plant magic based and mechanically the biggest change. Which probably also means that it needed the longest time to develop. Let’s just hope it is polished more than we are expecting.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Oh come on, did it matter much at that point? Engie/Ranger got the bad luck of being in the 1 BWE only and that’s it. Which one gets revealed first is irrelevant.

Anyway. Let’s get this out of the way asap and get some hype going for the next expansion and the rifle ranger spec. \o/

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Oh come on, did it matter much at that point? Engie/Ranger got the bad luck of being in the 1 BWE only and that’s it. Which one gets revealed first is irrelevant.

Anyway. Let’s get this out of the way asap and get some hype going for the next expansion and the rifle ranger spec. \o/

This. It is nice to know what is going to happen with the class, but the whole “we are just getting one BWE” thing doesn’t make sense. Even if engi elite spec gets revealed first, both get the same testing time.

And NO, let double dagger ranger be a thing with some plant themed venoms! No rifle, it will just fear the pets.

.__.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…get some hype going for the next expansion and the rifle ranger spec. \o/

Never.

2h spear Ranger with stances.

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Never.

Lancer hype, 2017

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Never.

Lancer hype, 2017

+1

in Ranger

cafard.8953

This. It is nice to know what is going to happen with the class, but the whole “we are just getting one BWE” thing doesn’t make sense. Even if engi elite spec gets revealed first, both get the same testing time.

And NO, let double dagger ranger be a thing with some plant themed venoms! No rifle, it will just fear the pets.

.__.

I have a dog, I sport a mustache and i’m a hunter. I need a rifle! QQ

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Ranger

Dionosio.5168

.__.

And a place for my stuffed animals and trophies! GIVE US HOUSING NOW (only for rangers)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

So we’ve just seen the third BWE changes for other classes, how many do we get to test for Ranger then…?

in Ranger

cafard.8953

.__.

And a place for my stuffed animals and trophies! GIVE US HOUSING NOW (only for rangers)

In my arms fellow hunter! Let’s put the spirits back to their rightful place: in an expensive glass, to be sipped by the fireplace while discussing how we bravely pwned that boar 10 vs 1!

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

.__.

In my arms fellow hunter! Let’s put the spirits back to their rightful place: in an expensive glass, to be sipped by the fireplace while discussing how we bravely pwned that boar 10 vs 1!

Pfft, real hunters use spears.

in Ranger

Dionosio.5168

.__.

Pfft, real hunters use spears.

I don’t want to end up like King Baratheon

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

But what if Druid gets a trait that casts Entangle on hit (centered on target) with a 60s cooldown? It would go well with the vine theme of the Druid.

So more control could also mean more damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: UKADAM.3910

UKADAM.3910

as long as druid staff isnt like necro staff its worth being last, no wells please, people think its gonna be all support but the trailer clearly shows a damage attack like a beam of vines, so dont expect it to be fully support.

maybe wel have mind control effects :P maybe our special ability will have a short control of natures creatures :P turn mordrem against each other, thats what m hoping anyways haha

in Ranger

Kodama.6453

as long as druid staff isnt like necro staff its worth being last, no wells please, people think its gonna be all support but the trailer clearly shows a damage attack like a beam of vines, so dont expect it to be fully support.

maybe wel have mind control effects :P maybe our special ability will have a short control of natures creatures :P turn mordrem against each other, thats what m hoping anyways haha

Just because the AA is doing damage doesn’t mean the weapon isn’t support/healing centered. There is only one AA in game which doesn’t do damage (looking at you, buff needing med kit รด.o). I still think the spec is about healing.

Utility skills seem to be glyphes, a datamined trait sais so. But I don’t know why you got the idea of mind control skills. It doesn’t fit the druid theme, just if you are encountered by nature creatures, but what if you are fighting machines? Makes no sense. IF someone gets mind control, it should be the mesmer. ^^

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

There is no way that video is of the staff auto-attack. The ranger was rooted in place and it had like a 3 second cast time.

in Ranger

Kodama.6453

There is no way that video is of the staff auto-attack. The ranger was rooted in place and it had like a 3 second cast time.

I never said it will be a good AA.

Joking aside, even if it isn’t the AA, but another (maybe control related) skill, that doesn’t mean anything. It is just 1 skill out of 5, that’s nothing that will tell us the weapon is not for support.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

That sounds about right to me.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended