Unofficial Upcoming Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Wonder if the dodge while in leap portions of mainhand sword autos will make it with this patch…

in Ranger

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

Really the only thing I was a bit disappointed in is that they did not remove the positioning requirement for bleeding on the auto attack of shortbow.

In short (pun intended), you have a lot of goodies for power builds and not as much emphasis on condition.

Still. . . I do enjoy the changes. LB/GS will be fun to run again. Still no way to get myself out of major trouble but I’ll enjoy the fights!

You now have Signet of Stone, more stablity with SotW and Entangle to be used with “on elite use” runes. Few good options there^^.

Wonder if the dodge while in leap portions of mainhand sword autos will make it with this patch…

There’s a possibility that they didn’t show everything they’re about to release. Also they talked about a fix to sword auto at the beginning of the year, but seeing as they added burst while they wanted to keep ranger at sustained damage…. you never know.

(edited by arkealia.2713)

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Wow, I never expected that. The signet change is great. Now rangers can have emergency buttons without having to waste 6 pts and longbow is actually not too bad— you might even rapid fire instead of just autoattacking. And those beastmaster traits may be worth using.

In b4 people cry over mass cripple/immobo, lol.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Initial thoughts are that there are some good buffs here. 6/x/6/x/x definitely looks more viable.

The ability to bring signets with any build should create a lot of options too.

I expect to see some crazy GS maul rangers in zergs hitting 5 targets for 5-7k+

:D

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

@HHR;

Yeah, I don’t understand why Eagle Eye and Read the Wind don’t affect the Shortbow still. Most of any trait consolidation I think is needed though involves reworking the Skirmishing traitline, which ideally would kill 2 birds with one stone.

They also said we wouldn’t see all of the progress from the CDI in one patch, and the biggest single reoccurring note they took away from the CDI is how poor the overall comparative quality of the Pet Mechanic is. So I wouldn’t go thinking that’s it for ranger changes in totality, but the ones they are implementing are arguably a low hanging fruit improvement to the changes the community wants made to the Mechanic.

As far as weapons go, I’m not exactly sure which ones have true flaws outside of nitpicking small details. I know that a lot of poeple don’t like the 1h sword, but I use it and think it’s amazing in both PvP and PvE content, though I can understand where people have issues with it. I do think that being able to cancel the chain to dodge better would be an important improvement, but I’m not of the opinion that it is a necessary improvement. It would be more Quality of Life than anything.

Besides that, with the update, excluding the mainhand sword, I think that the Axe, Greatsword, and Longbow, will all be fine unless the patch power creeps other classes up and elevates them to the same current plateau situation we have currently (where they are up on a plateau while the rest of the classes like Ranger and Mesmer are stuck down below). All of the offhand weapons are fine too for the most part. I mean, I wouldn’t object to improvements, but they are pretty fine in their current form.

I think that utilities are the things that need help. Heal as One is a pretty bland, boring, and an inferior heal overall. Traps need heavy investment just to compete with other classes baseline options that are more spammable and take up less utility space on their bars, and Guard and Search and Rescue are pretty meh too (we need to take a grandmaster trait just to bandaid guard into being functionally useful).

Spirits are Spirits. They are strong utility and arguable better AI than every other class can create (except mesmer phantasms), but they have the stigma of being compared to Banners (pickup objects, not AI) due to similar functionality and then the argument becomes (it is an argument I agree with, don’t get me wrong) is that Banners are better in every way because they can’t be killed and can be traited to be even more supportive and can be moved at a base level.

That would be a redesign of a utility and a rework of a major portion of traits in a traitline though, which would be a much more extensive update than even the one we are about to receive. So I can agree all day that I would prefer to see spirits work differently, but they are still a good enough build currently to not warrant immediate attention.

Truth is, this is a very, very, very good update filled with fairly heavy improvements for us. Most of the improvements I see people asking for are unrealistic based on either balance (not usually this one anymore), or how involved the changes would be. Like, they would have been things that needs to be implemented during the development phase of the game, and now that we’re so far into the lifespan of the game, it would take years to acknowledge that and change and redesign (animations and art and skill teams would be required) and balance out the game based on the current balance/change process.

So I mean, while we could spitball forever and come up with amazing changes and improvements and everything, any actual implementation of the extent of the things we could come up with, if they happened, would be so far in the future that they could possible not even be relevant anymore.

Just look at the current update. It’s going to be amazing and very well deserved, but it is also much, much too late into the games life cycle to salvage the community and the players that tried the game, hated the class, couldn’t find a suitable alternative, and moved on to a different game. The only way ANet is ever going to gain any players back, no matter how substantial any balance changes are, is to release an expansion and advertise the crap out of it with all of the class revamps that will bring in old players that quit and new buyers that aren’t aware the game still has a pulse and figured they’d just be buying a dead MMO at this point.

Sorry, textwall/rant. Couldn’t end my flow of thoughts lol.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

As far as weapons go, I’m not exactly sure which ones have true flaws outside of nitpicking small details. I know that a lot of poeple don’t like the 1h sword, but I use it and think it’s amazing in both PvP and PvE content, though I can understand where people have issues with it. I do think that being able to cancel the chain to dodge better would be an important improvement, but I’m not of the opinion that it is a necessary improvement. It would be more Quality of Life than anything.

Not really flaws but I hate sword AA. Also almost all weapons are PvP only. Some warriors complain about their beloved GS isn’t viable in PvP, we have the exact opposite problem.
Axe offhand would be a good PvE weapon if the axe#5 radius would be slightly bigger at base values and if we would be able to move while channeling. Even if we would move 50% slower (like being crippled), that would be a huge improvement. Torch fills no purpose other than getting a firefield. I’m still in favor of MH torch. Think of a firefield which can be reapplied fairly quickly + LH AA. Not sure if the damage would be competitive, it would be still a hybrid weapon I think. Shortbow is also a hybrid weapon and a pretty bad one on top of that. So a nono for PvE. Same goes for dagger. The evade is nice and that’s honestly the purpose of this weapon but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s pretty useless in PvE.
The longbow will be fun in PvE imo but I still would like to see a 3hit AA chain that is slightly stronger than the current AA.
And compared to other classes we lack percental damage boosts.

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

While I certainly welcome the changes, and think they’re excellent for PvP, it still needs a lot of help for WvW.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Am I right in assuming that those they showed us in the skill bar are not the only balance updates Rangers will be getting? Don’t get me wrong, even if these are all the updates Rangers will be getting I will still be incredibly pleased.

Couple of things that are making me wonder though (alongside the fact that it was a “preview”);

- They only touched on pets briefly with 2 fairly insignificant fixes – no mention of any plans to implement brand new pet mechanics like the “aspect of the pet” that took off pretty well in the CDI

- Only 2 utilities mentioned and no signs of new additions or upgrades for others (particularly; traps and spirits)

- No improvements for the torch, shortbow (disappointing ) and sword

But I’m not complaining! Quite the opposite actually, I’m fairly optimistic about the full balance as undoubtedly things will be changed and added between now and the patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

Might actually come back for this, so many options..

IGN: Aussie Archer

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

While I certainly welcome the changes, and think they’re excellent for PvP, it still needs a lot of help for WvW.

While I do agree that this won’t really help in WvW much, I don’t think any amount of dps boosts or number crunching will actually help us without making us totally overpowered in any other game mode.

It’s the pet that holds us back in WvW, and since it’s inherent to the class, this problem might never go away.

The only solution I can even think of is if they introduced some sort of active scaling for pet aoe resistance based on the number of enemy players present, but that sounds pretty far fetched imo.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

PvP I’m thinking A/A Celestial with Strength Runes and Sigils…and probably signets for the extra might stacking…

Which makes it look like something this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRBHPxG2IjKVs2wiBLctIwPoW2ABQ7bIarhXXrrqoCnMB-TpRGwAAeAAHOCADOBAg2fwwBBYZZAA

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

While I do agree that this won’t really help in WvW much, I don’t think any amount of dps boosts or number crunching will actually help us without making us totally overpowered in any other game mode.

It’s the pet that holds us back in WvW, and since it’s inherent to the class, this problem might never go away.

The only solution I can even think of is if they introduced some sort of active scaling for pet aoe resistance based on the number of enemy players present, but that sounds pretty far fetched imo.

The pet is still 90% uesless in large fights, but this is still a very big improvement for us in WvW. The GS was the go to weapon in zerg fights and just got better in almost every one of it’s skills. (hitting 5 people per traited maul is a lot of damage if you can survive in the hammer train) You don’t have to trait to use signets, entangle is much better for smaller team fights, and we will be able to reveal theives/mesmers for 6 seconds instead of 3. With the changes to LB and the new MM trait with 1hsword, we’re going from thief bait to one that can potentially wreck their kitten if they aren’t actually sneaky.*

*Assuming they don’t get big buffs as well.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

what about Spirits?

I would like a buff to Spirits.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Actually, dagger OH is not useless in PvE. It has a proper function which is maintaining sword AA with the smallest amount of breaks for evading.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

The pet is still 90% uesless in large fights, but this is still a very big improvement for us in WvW. The GS was the go to weapon in zerg fights and just got better in almost every one of it’s skills. (hitting 5 people per traited maul is a lot of damage if you can survive in the hammer train) You don’t have to trait to use signets, entangle is much better for smaller team fights, and we will be able to reveal theives/mesmers for 6 seconds instead of 3. With the changes to LB and the new MM trait with 1hsword, we’re going from thief bait to one that can potentially wreck their kitten if they aren’t actually sneaky.*

Actually…I don’t think upping the amount of people Maul hits is its biggest change…I honestly think the range increase on it is the biggest change. I constantly missed Maul all the time when I played cause I flat out couldn’t hit anyone unless I was right on top of them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Ranger

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

“Signet of the Beastmaster has been removed. Signets now affect players by default”

This only one may make me play again.

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

in Ranger

Posted by: HasuGhost.5672

HasuGhost.5672

Anynone knows (or at least have a timeframe) when this patch will be live?

in Ranger

Posted by: felipelana.1963

felipelana.1963

Sorry for being stupid guys, but what are these changes about?

They are upcoming changes of the next patch?

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

@Soilder & SubstanceE:

I completely agree with you both. Increasing damage beyond just giving the class more reliable burst isn’t really what the class needs and the changes to Rapid Fire and Maul will certainly help.

The problems with WvW are the pets, the lack of real group utility, and the very poor trait layout limiting build diversity imo. Though I still feel a weapon swap cooldown trait would compliment the LB+GS weapon combo perfectly and give power builds everything they need.

As to the greatsword changes, I want to see how responsive counter attack will be.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

26:51 you can see the new counterattack.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4743783

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Anyone who is complaining that these buffs mean nothing in PvP, please get real… They’re paying attention to us and they have given us significant buffs that if you’re a good player, you can make use of. If not having to trait to have signets effect us or increasing damage on immobilized foes sounds bad to you, I suggest you rereoll because a good Ranger will be kicking kitten with these new changes.

There are a lot of other things I would have liked to have seen, but these changes make me so happy I’m beyond words… Thank you so much, Anet for finally giving the Rangers some TLC. The people that consider these changes meaningless are terrible players and need to L2P (: Don’t take it personally, it’s just true.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

At work so it’s blocked. I’ll have to take a look when I get home. Does it look like it will work on the move now?

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Sorry for being stupid guys, but what are these changes about?

They are upcoming changes of the next patch?

No, it will take a good while.
Very likely to be around September.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Not really flaws but I hate sword AA. Also almost all weapons are PvP only. Some warriors complain about their beloved GS isn’t viable in PvP, we have the exact opposite problem.
Axe offhand would be a good PvE weapon if the axe#5 radius would be slightly bigger at base values and if we would be able to move while channeling. Even if we would move 50% slower (like being crippled), that would be a huge improvement. Torch fills no purpose other than getting a firefield. I’m still in favor of MH torch. Think of a firefield which can be reapplied fairly quickly + LH AA. Not sure if the damage would be competitive, it would be still a hybrid weapon I think. Shortbow is also a hybrid weapon and a pretty bad one on top of that. So a nono for PvE. Same goes for dagger. The evade is nice and that’s honestly the purpose of this weapon but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s pretty useless in PvE.
The longbow will be fun in PvE imo but I still would like to see a 3hit AA chain that is slightly stronger than the current AA.
And compared to other classes we lack percental damage boosts.

Well that’s just how you feel. Sure using 1h sword in PvE has a skill cap, but the upcoming damage boost is significant enough to justify that cap (but I still remember them saying before april’s feature patch that they intended to “fix” sword auto attacks so there’s still hope for that).

I do agree that untraited axe 5 is craptastic but the damage on axe 4 justifies carrying it for your mainset offhand for organized groups.

Torch isn’t horrible at all, infact its a DPS boost from sword AA’s when you use it on cooldown(the ticking damage/burn on top of your axe 4 + sword AA’s is good specially on a 4/5/5/0/0 build without much sources of burning in your party, you can also just time it when the ele drops LH). As being a mainhand, I’d rather not be a kittentier dps verson of a staff ele though.

Dagger is there for you to get higher uptime on steady focus(significant dps increase) and on top of that using dagger 5 on cooldown is a DPS increase over Sword AA’s too.

Post patch you can get hit like 10%x3 & 1×25% modifiers with a 6/5/x/x/x build, even 75 more power on top of that when you’re the second ranger, you’ll approximately hit close to a thief/ele with FGS.

No comment on the bows though lol.

in Ranger

HHR LostProphet.4801

Well that’s just how you feel. Sure using 1h sword in PvE has a skill cap, but the upcoming damage boost is significant enough to justify that cap (but I still remember them saying before april’s feature patch that they intended to “fix” sword auto attacks so there’s still hope for that).

I’ve made a thread about why I feel the sword is bad.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Why-the-current-sword-needs-polishing/first

And the reasons I present are facts, no feels. Those flaws doesn’t make the sword unusable but the ranger has to work around those flaws and is still hindered. Not to say it’s a bad weapon overall but it suffers in PvE the most.

in Ranger

HHR LostProphet.4801

Post patch you can get hit like 10%x3 & 1×25% modifiers with a 6/5/x/x/x build, even 75 more power on top of that when you’re the second ranger, you’ll approximately hit close to a thief/ele with FGS.

That’s definitely not true. My ele hits for around 2,4k damage per tick while my ranger hits for only 1,9k. The ele can stack easily 25 stacks vuln with FGS, which equals to 25% more damage. Furthermore, from the traits he gets +10% to burning foes. At the same time he has a chance to burn enemies while landing crits. +20% for enemies below 33% health, +10% if the enemy is 600 units away or closer, +20% if attuned to water and another 10% crit damage when using an arcane skill.

So all in all around +50% damage and another +20% when the enemy drops below 33% health, not counting scholar runes.

That also applies to the warrior, which can also reach higher procental damage boosts.

The ranger gets SotW, which is huge. But it barely makes up for the percental boosts other classes get through traits or skills and it does only increase your damage for 8s. That’s enough for low-level dungeons but it wont help you much in higher-level dungeons. Hunter’s Tactics does usually not work if you stack in a corner and scholar runes are fairly unreliable.

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

I fail to see how any damage increase on the sword ‘justifies’ its clumsy mechanic? Thief sword has more damage multipliers and hits for more without the need of this silly mechanic.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

At work so it’s blocked. I’ll have to take a look when I get home. Does it look like it will work on the move now?

My guess from the footage is that it still roots you, but the counterattack is basically instant, so you’d be rooted for like 1/4 of a second. We shall see though.

in Ranger

Posted by: AdziH.2360

AdziH.2360

quick thoughts:

Mostly positive, enjoying the LB love, shame for Traps and pet mechanics.

There are going to be cries from the masses though; GroupThink says that Rangers are the ginger stepchild; mildly neglected and generally ignored. We will be able to open some eyes with these changes and really do some damage. Already can see a 2Sig 1Spirit build lb/gs or lb a/h running amok.

Happy days until it gets nerfed to hell. Lap it up while it lasts.

There is a “Range” in “Ranger” you know…

in Ranger

Posted by: AdziH.2360

AdziH.2360

Oh, and make running a lazy sig build in pve veeery easy.

There is a “Range” in “Ranger” you know…

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Oh, and make running a lazy sig build in pve veeery easy.

As is the case with most other professions (5 signet warrior!)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Not that I’m not super hyped, I mean, obviously I am, I finally have motivation to finish my Kudzu now lol. But I just mean to remind people in general that it isn’t like it super-buffs the class. They are good and well deserved changes but there is an equal amount of counterplay involved against the new specs we can create and we aren’t getting buffed to the point where we’re going to be “god tier.”

They’ve addressed 1/4 of the problems we have. They’ve made Beastmaster stronger, the longbow stronger, the axe stronger for PvP (not in all regards tho) and GS stronger. Now we still have too much traits affecting only one weapon, a class mechanic that is still lack luster, the other weapons which also have flaws and entire traitlines which are flawed.

I really hated it when they added read the wind. It made way too much competition for longbow traits.

They should’ve just done a 20% increase in projectile speed for both longbow and shortbow (even though rtw doesn’t affect shortbow). It would’ve been better imo.

Five traits to choose from when going longbow? Come on.

Main hand axe certainly doesn’t have that problem :/

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I honestly cant wait to see the outcome of all these changes, thanks anet!

And on a side note, most people say ranger are “crap” yet those people have one on 80. lol

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

^Cuz they spent time to level it to 80, and only then realize that it’s crap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Those who complain about the ranger are the ones that stubbornly refuse to play anything else then power longbow. Howerver they do not possess the skills to make it work. Thus, qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq.

Ranger, as is, is about 40% bugs and bad design, rest is L 2 P

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

HHR LostProphet.4801

Heh. Prysin, you can have your opinion. However in my mind, many things that you interpret as mechanic are broken and certainly no mechanics but poorly implemented skills. In my opinion sword AA has way too many negative aspects to justify the positive ones. In your it’s the best skill ingame. You say axe is a wonderful weapon, I say it fills no purpose in PvE. You say the pet is fine, I say an AI should never been allowed to deal mandatory damage.
Opinions. Just because some have a problem with your opinions doesn’t mean they’re bad.

Ah yeah, and even if all those complainers only play power longbow, then the longbow must suffer a lot, right?

in Ranger

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

Sword AA has it’s use. It’s a great weapon, when you want to cling to your target, which is pretty useful against kitting ennemies (mostly players).
But it becomes annoying when you want to move arround your target or just stay slighly out of it’s melee range. Of course you can remove auto-attack and use it manually but it will result in a dps loss whenever you’ll want to move a bit, not great for PvE.
Dodge is another story since there are many ways to cancel the chain and dodge (for example use WH4 and dodge before the cast is over). Like manual attack, it requires a bit of practice.

And then comes the arguments:
-Why my best DPS weapon is so dangerous for me while I’m doing the least damages in the game (not factoring pets)?
-Why should AA be nerfed/fixed when it’s a great PvP weapon and just need a bit of practice to remove the negative points?

The answer is simple:
Sword doesn’t need a fix at all if anet can provide a better DPS weapon for PvE. Then everybody will be happy.

On another point, I wonder where will be the longbow in term of DPS, I’m pretty sure I heard it was close to GS while the downside was the lack of access to melee buffs.

(edited by arkealia.2713)

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

As Rangers, everyone has been the victim of their opponent simply walking through them so weapon skills miss fire. Heck, even as a Ranger we recognize the importance of being able to attack a target from the back or side.

These are things made difficult (impossible?) with the current sword mechanic. Things that are not handicapping other classes, and things I would argue aren’t needed in the first place. ANet likely came up with the Ranger’s sword animation before they considered how they’d use it and the only way to make the animations line up was with the leaps and removing control from the player. Any other class would merely side step to avoid a cleave, a Ranger must forcibly use an evade or dodge or suffer a DPS loss by having the attack off autocast (and likely still have issues).

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

The ranger gets SotW, which is huge. But it barely makes up for the percental boosts other classes get through traits or skills and it does only increase your damage for 8s. That’s enough for low-level dungeons but it wont help you much in higher-level dungeons. Hunter’s Tactics does usually not work if you stack in a corner and scholar runes are fairly unreliable.

What high level dungeons? Most of the dungeon bosses melt down fast enough for SotW to be worth bringing.

I rarely if ever have any problems Hunter’s Tactic or scholar runes. But then again, I’m not one of those who keeps whining about the sword’s AA either.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

HHR LostProphet.4801

What high level dungeons? SotW is a significant boost against most dungeon bosses because most of the bosses melt down fast enough for it to be worth bringing.

I rarely if ever get any problems Hunter’s Tactic or scholar runes.

So you want to tell me that you never ever get hit by any boss and you always stay above 90% health? Unlikely.
Also, if you stack correctly, all will stand on top of each other. The enemy is always facing one of your allies, which means it’s facing you. So a nono for Hunter’s Tactics.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

The moral of the story is: Other people/professions are why Rangers can not have nice things.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

What high level dungeons? SotW is a significant boost against most dungeon bosses because most of the bosses melt down fast enough for it to be worth bringing.

So you want to tell me that you never ever get hit by any boss and you always stay above 90% health? Unlikely.
Also, if you stack correctly, all will stand on top of each other. The enemy is always facing one of your allies, which means it’s facing you. So a nono for Hunter’s Tactics.

I told you I don’t any problems with it, meaning that in most fights I keep my health above 90 % or my guard is aware enough to know when to trigger his aegis. I honestely can’t think of a single encounter where I struggle to keep my health above 90 % most of the time.

And I don’t need someone who obviously are having problems playing his ranger in dungeons to tell me how to stack properly.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Heh. Prysin, you can have your opinion. However in my many things that you interpret as mechanic are broken and certainly no mechanics but poorly implemented skills. In my opinion sword AA has way too many negative aspects to justify the positive ones. In your it’s the best skill ingame. You say axe is a wonderful weapon, I say it fills no purpose in PvE. You say the pet is fine, I say an AI should never been allowed to deal mandatory damage.
Opinions. Just because some have a problem with your opinions doesn’t mean they’re bad.

Ah yeah, and even if all those complainers only play power longbow, then the longbow must suffer a lot, right?

been playing glassbow for a long time. It is actually a GOOD build. However, it does require you to be extremely alert of your surroundings and act accordingly to avoid being instagibbed.

The pet is pretty good now. There are some minor issues, and one major one. The latter will probably NEVER be fixed, and that is the horrendous pathing. But aside from that, they react when told to do stuff (mostly), they fill their purpose (outside zergs, cuz zergs are the enemy of all AI), and they bring some nice flavor.
Pet F2 skills DOES need a serious rework. Too long cooldowns, too little/weak effects.

Sword AA is a “love it or hate it” thing. I like it, JC likes it, Atherakia hates it, you hate it. Yes, it takes some getting used to, and when you get used to it, you either start to appreciate it, or just get annoyed by it. Either way, Sword AA is like skyhammer. Shouldn’t been done the way it was, but it still isn’t half bad (aslong as skyhammer is moved outta soloQ)

in Ranger

HHR LostProphet.4801

I told you I don’t any problems with it, meaning that in most fights I keep my health above 90 % or my guard is aware enough to know when to trigger his aegis. I honestely can’t think of a single encounter where I struggle to keep my health above 90 % most of the time.

And I don’t need someone who obviously are having problems playing his ranger in dungeons to tell me how to stack properly.

As Obi-Wan would say: The insults are strong in you.
And please tell me how you keep your health above 90% all the time vs. subject alpha who’s burning you or the golem in CoE who has perma retaliation or against frost in CM, or the necro guy in CM, or Leurent in TA, or most of the bosses in Arah?

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Sure didn’t take the Ranger community long to go from happy about the best patch we ever got back to arguing about who needs to L2P and how good/bad the class is

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

HHR LostProphet.4801

I don’t want to vilify or to distract from the buffs we get. They’re great. It’s just that ANet has touched only the tip of the iceberg and there is still lots of room for improvements.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Sure didn’t take the Ranger community long to go from happy about the best patch we ever got back to arguing about who needs to L2P and how good/bad the class is

unfortunately, there is five or six bad eggs that never settle for anything but godmode buffs. They should reroll warrior, their sure to reach divine status soon™

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Why not releases tomorrow? =(

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Actually…I don’t think upping the amount of people Maul hits is its biggest change…I honestly think the range increase on it is the biggest change. I constantly missed Maul all the time when I played cause I flat out couldn’t hit anyone unless I was right on top of them.

lol I completely forgot about that change. Ya, that is going to be a big help as well.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I’ve made a thread about why I feel the sword is bad.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Why-the-current-sword-needs-polishing/first

And the reasons I present are facts, no feels. Those flaws doesn’t make the sword unusable but the ranger has to work around those flaws and is still hindered. Not to say it’s a bad weapon overall but it suffers in PvE the most.

Most of those problems is simply fixed by turning auto attack off or learning how to time #2 and #3(I do admit this is kittening hard when you don’t have the best latency), you can dodge or interrupt anytime in your attack chain with auto attack off.

The main problem is that you can’t melee max ranger at all when it is required for the encounter and forced to go GS, I do agree with you regarding removing leap to remedy this problem. I guess they are going with what TurtleDragon posted there…
Laziest solution would be a overall damage buff for the class and/or sword. It’d still be high risk and high skill cap, but it would atleast have the high reward associated with it.

Sword is designed against a single target, they want the GS to fill in the role of melee aoe DPS (reinforcing this further with Maul buff).

That’s definitely not true. My ele hits for around 2,4k damage per tick while my ranger hits for only 1,9k. The ele can stack easily 25 stacks vuln with FGS, which equals to 25% more damage. Furthermore, from the traits he gets +10% to burning foes. At the same time he has a chance to burn enemies while landing crits. +20% for enemies below 33% health, +10% if the enemy is 600 units away or closer, +20% if attuned to water and another 10% crit damage when using an arcane skill.

So all in all around +50% damage and another +20% when the enemy drops below 33% health, not counting scholar runes.

That also applies to the warrior, which can also reach higher procental damage boosts.

http://www.dtguilds.com/forum/m/6563292/viewthread/13086970-who-picks-up-fgs

Just add 10% modifier for the 6/5/0/3/0 ranger. I’ll try to post later actual FGS damage ingame.