(Video) Exploits - WvW Melee BM Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Croustibat.7035

Croustibat.7035

Any chance someone could post the build from the video here?

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/ranger/?6.0|1.1k.h1j|c.1k.h6.8.1k.h1j|1k.71d.1k.71d.1k.71d.1k.71d.1k.71d.1k.71d|1k.68.21l.0.31l.0.1k.68.1k.68.1c.68|0.0.u6ac.a3.u27c|1k.1|4j.4w.4r.4q.55|e

At 6min45s, awesome counterattack animation with kicks, humans can’t do that, i’m so jealous ;_; looks like Karok’s move in Vindictus

I’m going to try an offensive variant, 10 in skirmishing instead of nature magic (i won’t notice the loss a lot as i don’t have exotic gear/dwayna runes), master’s bond and probably going to try Warhorn and/or Axe offhand for fun.

in Ranger

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

Assassin, yesterday I got Naga Fang which comes with Sup. sigil of Ice. Though it rarely procc’d it was helpful. I imagine that Freeze would be helpful if proccing on every weapon change and lasting twice as long as the Ice sigil.

Puandro,
I started using Quickening Zephyr, but it was really hard to give up Signet of Stone.

Still working to get all geared up, but am impressed with it atm. Really missing my short bow and attacking from range, but PVE mobs die so fast I will get used to it.

Sword+Dagger is new experience as is fighting in melee range.
Thanks for this thread.

Naga Sang looks great. Where did you get it? Want it too
I would drop Signet of the Stone and use Signet of Renewal instead. So you got Condition removal and a Stunbreak combiened.
If you don’t like melee-range, try to bypass the range with swoop, Sword and Dagger Throw. I am used to it already. Key-binded F1 to my Mouse, so my Cat is my Arrow .)

I dislike Quickening Zephyr a bit since the DMG-peak isn’t that great, at least it is a stun breaker now! … and you need to nail down your enemy to a position so QZ is useful for your pet aswell.
You could go for 10 in Marksmanship aswell, there you will find the Trait Signet Mastery which helps with 3 signets… (instead of 10 in Skirmishing)

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Good morning
Puandro, want to share some thoughts with you on this matter:
Since you dodge ALOT and gain Protection frequently, wouldn’t it be worth it to push boon duration, so you get alot more defensive and your pet aswell?
If you use 2x ‘Superior Rune of the Monk’ and 4x ’ Superior Rune of Altruism’ that would make 30% Boonduration. With your alternative way to trait, you would go 15pt in Nature Magic that would make another 15%.
Or maybe like described here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon_Duration
Would it be worth it to drop Dwayna runes for this??

Maybe but it seems to me you are slowly getting rid of regen in your build and its going to hurt. Also protection procs when you start the dodge not when you end so you lose .75 secs of potential protection since you are dodging and can’t be hit.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

(edited by Puandro.3245)

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Assassin, yesterday I got Naga Fang which comes with Sup. sigil of Ice. Though it rarely procc’d it was helpful. I imagine that Freeze would be helpful if proccing on every weapon change and lasting twice as long as the Ice sigil.

Puandro,
I started using Quickening Zephyr, but it was really hard to give up Signet of Stone.

Still working to get all geared up, but am impressed with it atm. Really missing my short bow and attacking from range, but PVE mobs die so fast I will get used to it.

Sword+Dagger is new experience as is fighting in melee range.
Thanks for this thread.

NP, sword is an awesome weapon for PvE.

in Ranger

Posted by: Blackbird.4382

Blackbird.4382

I’m running a combination of this build along with the Catmaster build. I’m loving the mobility of GS & Sword/Dagger. Instead of QZ, I’m running Sick ‘em. Melandru/lemongrass over Dwayna. I find that I have zero trouble keeping my health up even with the lower healing power, and I think it’s the extra toughness & condition duration reduction.

Timing the very good pet burst along with my own mini burst with GS, and I’m finding that I’m getting that killing speed that I’ve been looking for along with the survivability to solo effectively.

Thx for posting this build bro.

Ranger/Thief/Elementalist/Warrior – Fort Aspenwood
DAOC Vet – Etheria & Schado Fox

in Ranger

Assassin.7890

I’m running a combination of this build along with the Catmaster build. I’m loving the mobility of GS & Sword/Dagger. Instead of QZ, I’m running Sick ‘em. Melandru/lemongrass over Dwayna. I find that I have zero trouble keeping my health up even with the lower healing power, and I think it’s the extra toughness & condition duration reduction.

Timing the very good pet burst along with my own mini burst with GS, and I’m finding that I’m getting that killing speed that I’ve been looking for along with the survivability to solo effectively.

Nice idea.
So you keep Superior Sharpening Stone but drop Mango Pie?
As Puandro already stated, we have to keep the regeneration. And without Rune of Dwayna you loose a lot of regen – that is right.

But Puandro, I want to ask you some questions about healing power:
1.) How does it scale? E.g. it is clear to me, that it enhances Troll Unguent alot, but whats with Natural Healing (Your pets have natural health regeneration) – does HP pushes it aswell?
2.) Other sources of continous healing would be Mango Pie. Does the Mango Pie healing scales with HP aswell? And how substantial is the boost from Signet of the Wild? How much health you gain from Signet of the Wild btw, hps wise?
3.) last but not least you gain regen from Rejuvenation – I can perfectly understand, that this one is important. But if I drop Dwayna and take Melandru instead, is it the wrong desicion? How does Dwayna work: do you get regen only if you trigger Troll Unguent, or does it apply for each tick (would be op I guess) ??
good night .)

in Ranger

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Assassin,
Naga Fang is a random Mystic Forge drop so just buy it from the TP.
http://dulfy.net/2012/11/07/gw2-greatsword-skin-gallery/#40

The Ceremonial saber and dagger are nice compliments (due to cash constraints, I got the Lionguard sword and dagger).

Thinking about Signet of Renewal and Sic ’em.

Thanks for the ideas.

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

I debated a lot between melandru and lemongrass or dwayna and mango lies and eventually went with more regen. Its something I want to try in the future.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Nice idea.
As Puandro already stated, we have to keep the regeneration. And without Rune of Dwayna you loose a lot of regen – that is right.

But Puandro, I want to ask you some questions about healing power:
1.) How does it scale? E.g. it is clear to me, that it enhances Troll Unguent alot, but whats with Natural Healing (Your pets have natural health regeneration) – does HP pushes it aswell?
2.) Other sources of continous healing would be Mango Pie. Does the Mango Pie healing scales with HP aswell? And how substantial is the boost from Signet of the Wild? How much health you gain from Signet of the Wild btw, hps wise?
3.) last but not least you gain regen from Rejuvenation – I can perfectly understand, that this one is important. But if I drop Dwayna and take Melandru instead, is it the wrong desicion? How does Dwayna work: do you get regen only if you trigger Troll Unguent, or does it apply for each tick (would be op I guess) ??
good night .)

The BM trait regen uses pets Heal Power not yours, its scaling is pretty bad too so don’t bother with the trait that gives the pet more healing power. Mango pies don’t scale with heal power but they scale with WvW heal bonus. The signet scales pretty well with healing power and regeneration scales pretty well too. If you drop mango pies which is about 88 HP/s and then drop your regen uptime to 1/3 of what it is then it will def hurt you.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

If you want the exact scaling I can post it once I’m home.

in Ranger

Blackbird.4382

Nice idea.

I’m sure I lose some regen. Guys like Puandro are the number crunchers, so I would defer to him. I tend to watch certain guys who I know stay on top of this stuff and take what they do & then kinda make it my own.

Ultimately, if you’re goal is to max healing, you could design a build for it. My goal is to max out DPS while maintaining a minimum level of survivability. I made the switches I mentioned above because having run a similar setup to Puandro’s (w/ diff weapons), I knew it had tons of survivability. I was willing to back off on the healing & regens some knowing that with GS & sword/dagger, I would avoid getting hit in the first place. W/ the condition duration reduction, I can shed the conditions while i’m kiting.

I tend to do my upfront burst to see if I can burst em down (if they’re glass cannon) initially. If they’re more hybrid or bunker, I’ll then attempt to chip away saving my burst until I get them down to maybe 50%, and then try & burst down the last 50%. Seems to be working.

in Ranger

Assassin.7890

Give me dat numbers please

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Still at work :p

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

He’s lying, hes at my house making paninis on my george foreman grill.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

He’s lying, hes at my house making paninis on my george foreman grill.

As long as I get paid its work.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Ok the heals are

Troll Ungent
(0.12*Heal Power+850)*10

Regeneration
0.125*Heal Power+130

Natural Healing
Self – 133 every 3 seconds
Pet – 125 a second

Signet of The Wild
Self – 0.06*Heal Power+62
Pet – 0.25*Heal Power+125

in Ranger

Posted by: The Rooster.2615

The Rooster.2615

Ran this tonight in WvW and was pretty pleased. I was routinely tying up groups of 2-4. I seem to run into trouble with conditions fairly often though. Considering seeing if the lemongrass soup helps.

Great for solo play. But I’m still feeling a bit lacking in terms of what I bring to a group. Although that’s more of a ranger problem and not a problem specific to this build.

in Ranger

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

Ran this tonight in WvW and was pretty pleased. I was routinely tying up groups of 2-4. I seem to run into trouble with conditions fairly often though. Considering seeing if the lemongrass soup helps.

Great for solo play. But I’m still feeling a bit lacking in terms of what I bring to a group. Although that’s more of a ranger problem and not a problem specific to this build.

Getting a bit bored of this accusation now. A good Ranger brings plenty to the group, particularly in WvW.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Getting a bit bored of this accusation now. A good Ranger brings plenty to the group, particularly in WvW.

This. We can make life hell for the enemy at chokepoints, throw out more than a few AoE their way, and our overall defensive ability on the keeps and towers is some of the best in the game.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

This. We can make life hell for the enemy at chokepoints, throw out more than a few AoE their way, and our overall defensive ability on the keeps and towers is some of the best in the game.

Not to mention we’re combat medics, what with our quickness every 15 seconds and a way to prevent stomp with wolf’s aoe fear while we rez. Plus our spirit elite, that rezzes everyone around.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

Spec and Gear is in the Youtube page. This is my 4th class to WvW on, the other 3 being Ele/Mesmer/Thief.

http://youtu.be/tI7ouz1xt9E

Edit: Exploits is my Rangers name.

The question I have to ask you is: Even with this level of skill, do you think that pets are in a good place? Or do you feel that they still need improving with the AI, or movement, or anything else?

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Spec and Gear is in the Youtube page. This is my 4th class to WvW on, the other 3 being Ele/Mesmer/Thief.

http://youtu.be/tI7ouz1xt9E

Edit: Exploits is my Rangers name.

The question I have to ask you is: Even with this level of skill, do you think that pets are in a good place? Or do you feel that they still need improving with the AI, or movement, or anything else?

Pet AI is pretty good I’ve never had issues with it doing what I want. Pets still have issues with attacking people who are running away with swiftness or speed signet and that needs to be fixed. Personally I think the toughness/vitality buff in the last patch should had been PvE only and improved more in PvE. F2 still need to be activate waaaay faster and there is still a bug where if you use F2 as soon as you swap it won’t target your enemy.

in Ranger

The Rooster.2615

There’s a solid counter argument to this, but we shouldn’t derail Puandro’s thread. Happy to discuss with you in PMs if you like though.

Back at Puandro, have you attempted using healing spring instead of troll unguent and then leaping through it as much as possible to boost your heals? After running this last night, I’m wondering if that might actually be a better way to go. Although troll unguent is definitely amazing, the condi removal on healing spring seems like it would help quite a bit. Thoughts?

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

There’s a solid counter argument to this, but we shouldn’t derail Puandro’s thread. Happy to discuss with you in PMs if you like though.

Back at Puandro, have you attempted using healing spring instead of troll unguent and then leaping through it as much as possible to boost your heals? After running this last night, I’m wondering if that might actually be a better way to go. Although troll unguent is definitely amazing, the condi removal on healing spring seems like it would help quite a bit. Thoughts?

I started with healing spring but originally to counter condis and leap through since you can do 3 leaps through it before it runs out but most of the time condos are not a problem. The problem is that people like to AoE on top of it at times. Another thing is that troll ungent will keep you at full health for 10 seconds and you have to stay alive for 15 seconds, healing spring will usually not keep you topped off even with leaps.
This is of course 1vX, 1v1 you rarely have to use your heal at all or even off cool down back to back

in Ranger

AlexRD.7914

I don’t know why people use unguent. Taking cooldown into consideration, Heal as one and unguent heal for about the same, unguent being slightly better.

However, unguent will not protect against a burst, it can be negated by poison (heal as one too, but you have more control), it may end up healing nothing because the HP is already full. Is there any reason unguent is better?
Like morale (the enemy will see your HP at constant 100% hp and will freak)?

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

I don’t know why people use unguent. Taking cooldown into consideration, Heal as one and unguent heal for about the same, unguent being slightly better.

However, unguent will not protect against a burst, it can be negated by poison (heal as one too, but you have more control), it may end up healing nothing because the HP is already full. Is there any reason unguent is better?
Like morale (the enemy will see your HP at constant 100% hp and will freak)?

Heal as one is pretty bad. 1st Troll Ungent provides more healing per minute than Heal as One. You are right about the poison but if you can’t remove poison and need to heal then HAO will be cut by 33% while TU will get cut at the beggining and then poison could get removed in the middle of the ticks so tbh pros and cons for both.
Lastly you use TU at higher health levels then then regular heals. If its slow damage you use TU at like 30%-40%. If its high damage you use it at 70%-80% you don’t use when your almost dead. TU takes a bit more thinking to use then regular heal spells.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Also yes people do panic when they unload their burst and you keep gaining health.

in Ranger

AlexRD.7914

Heal as one is 326 HPS, while Unguent is 340 (at 0 healing power).
I don’t know why it’s pretty bad, as you can heal more often, and the HPS difference is very small (and makes up for the fact that TU may not heal because you’re at 100% health).

And the rest is situational, like the poison situation.
Heal as one is all or nothing, BUT you can control that. Like, wait for empathic bond or the signet to tick in then heal, or activate the signet then heal.

Overall i consider heal as one as superior, if those are the only reasons.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

TU is superior not only on the fact that it provides more HPS but on the fact that for those 10 seconds you will most likely be at 100% HP at the last tic and have to live for 15 seconds before you can heal again. Basically they have 15 seconds to kill you.
HoA they have 20 seconds to kill you before its up, for this sole reason TU is superior.

Another bonus is that you can use TU to heal your pet even if you are at 100% and if they jump you, your TU is healing you keeping yourself at 100%. HaO you can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

Troll Unguent also adds 120% of your healing power over its duration while Heal as One only adds 100% of it. Since Puandro wears cleric’s gear that can be a few hundred extra heal per activation of the healing skill. Not a huge factor, but another one in TU’s favor.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

in Ranger

Assassin.7890

TU is superior not only on the fact that it provides more HPS but on the fact that for those 10 seconds you will most likely be at 100% HP at the last tic and have to live for 15 seconds before you can heal again. Basically they have 15 seconds to kill you.
HoA they have 20 seconds to kill you before its up, for this sole reason TU is superior.

Another bonus is that you can use TU to heal your pet even if you are at 100% and if they jump you, your TU is healing you keeping yourself at 100%. HaO you can’t do that.

This. Statisticly spoken, heal over time is better then a single healing peak. Although you have to use it providently. Furthermore it adds to Puandros build, that he focuses on a constant healing flow whether one big heals. He got five sources of constant healing and TU is one of the biggest beside regen.
Dont forget toughness from clerics counters direct dmg and constant heal- flow counters dmg over time, so conditions.
IMO constant healing is demoralizing for pvp since your hp seems to withstand your dmg and it seems that you have a lot of hp.
another point to add here is you simply can focus with this build more on fighting since you have consantly healing going on. You only have go learn when to trigger TU – after that you can focus on killing people or on disengaging since this very mobile build is hard to handle but very effective.
Yours
Ira

in Ranger

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

@Puandro:

Just a few questions for someone who has never really given the Ranger much of a chance….

I have spent most of my time in GW2 as a D/D Ele and though I love the class, the Ranger has been the one thorn in my side. I don’t care what others might say, Rangers still worry me if they know what they are doing. With that being said, how well do you do against those D/D Ele’s? I run a 0/10/0/30/30 build using a combo of berserker, knight, and valk gear.

Also, you said it took you 30 hours to level to 80, can I ask for your guidance on how you were able to do this and if you have some general leveling tips? I’ve been looking for a fun alt to play and so far I’ve leveled up a Guardian, Thief, Warrior, and Mesmer all to about level 30+. They now don’t ever get played anymore… lol.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Ranger

The Rooster.2615

Just wanted to give you one final shout out. I’m loving this build now. Was roaming yesterday and stumbled on 3 enemies trying to take our SE supply camp. I was able to keep all 3 of them busy while contesting the camp for several minutes until allies arrived to kick them out. And I managed to kill one of them in the process during the 1v3.

Now that I’m getting a feel for it, I’ll probably swap the 10 points in Nature Magic over to the precision line in order to get the extra 30% crit damage for the pet. But I’m having fun on the Ranger again! Cheers mate.

in Ranger

Assassin.7890

Just wanted to give you one final shout out. I’m loving this build now. Was roaming yesterday and stumbled on 3 enemies trying to take our SE supply camp. I was able to keep all 3 of them busy while contesting the camp for several minutes until allies arrived to kick them out. And I managed to kill one of them in the process during the 1v3.

Now that I’m getting a feel for it, I’ll probably swap the 10 points in Nature Magic over to the precision line in order to get the extra 30% crit damage for the pet. But I’m having fun on the Ranger again! Cheers mate.

Same here. If I am back from holiday I have to test it even deeper. But 30 points in bm and cats are a good basis for any ranger build. Whether you go glasscannon or bunker, spec on traps or pure range I think you can test a lot of different playstyles and builds starting here.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

@Puandro:

Just a few questions for someone who has never really given the Ranger much of a chance….

I have spent most of my time in GW2 as a D/D Ele and though I love the class, the Ranger has been the one thorn in my side. I don’t care what others might say, Rangers still worry me if they know what they are doing. With that being said, how well do you do against those D/D Ele’s? I run a 0/10/0/30/30 build using a combo of berserker, knight, and valk gear.

Also, you said it took you 30 hours to level to 80, can I ask for your guidance on how you were able to do this and if you have some general leveling tips? I’ve been looking for a fun alt to play and so far I’ve leveled up a Guardian, Thief, Warrior, and Mesmer all to about level 30+. They now don’t ever get played anymore… lol.

D/D Ele won’t kill me, if they play good they won’t die and if they play bad and I time my poison they will die. The only Ranger build that gives Ele trouble is a condi spec with traps, you have to use traps not just weapon condi attacks and even then the Ele has the upper hand. Then again I have 1,500 hours on my Ele since its my main, I was playing DD Ele since Beta and rode the whole “Ele is the worst class in the game train” laughing until the nerfs started coming in due to someone making DD popular in sPvP after the staff bunker nerf.

As for leveling I have 6 80’s and Ranger was my 6th so a lot of it comes down to the fact I have a system for myself so I can get 100% map completion really fast on my toons. Even then Ranger is super easy to level and probably the best open world solo class specially after this last patch. Basically you need 3 pets for your leveling needs.
A feline (Jaguar preferred). This is your ST pet for insane dps.
A drake (Marsh one I think F2 is lightning). This is your AoE and your tank ST pet if in high level areas.
A devourer. This is your super duper tank pet that makes bunker guards look like wimps. Use this to kill champs if you want to fool around.

You want a sword (turn off auto attack for it) and a torch. For your 2nd weapon I suggest a shortbow for rare uses. Utility will be troll unguent for regular stuff or healing spring against lots of condis or if you are trying to kill a champ so you can put it on your pet. You want the speed signet, the passive healing signet, and Sic Em. You want rampage as one also.
Your first 10 points will be in beastmaster and your 2nd 10 in your crit line for 30% crit damage for your pet. 3rd 10 points is in beastmaster again for bleed on crit for your pet and 4th 10 points in your crit line again for crit = heals on your pet. You basically want to keep buffing your pet into a killing machine. 5 points in wilderness for passive endurance regen is optional too.
For leveling i go from map to map doing map completion. Ill do 50% of a 1-15 map then go to another 1-15 map and get 100% then return and finish the map. Then i move to a 15-25 map do 50% of it then go to another 15-25 map finish then come back. This is because i will usually be underlevled due to completing maps too quickly. By level 40 you can go to the hinterlands for the centaur event and stock up on AoE to tag stuff and get in a grp. If the ppl are doing it right and fail the even at the end for a 5 min respawn for quick exp. With a centaur slay potion, a 15% food buff, a guild buff, a guild banner buff, and add a exp token if you got 1 you can do 40-50 in 2 hours and 50-60 in 4 hours. At that point you can keep doing maps or craft to 80. Ele and ranger are the only 2 toons ive leveled to 80 with 0 crafting and event farming. My other 4 toons i did the centaur event and crafted the last 20 levels.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Ive been thinking of how incorporate that trait into the build and imho going 20 wilderness and dropping bark skin is better than losing 43% duration to regen and 7 secs of regen every 30 secs from the 5 point trait alone. Below 4,500 health bark skin is only active since i have 18,000 health and usually if i dip that low i will dodge and troll unguent will take me above that np. I rather have more passive buffer than a trait that works below 25% health.

in Ranger

The Rooster.2615

Yeah I was wondering how effective bark skin actually is considering how little time you spend below 25% health. I’ll give both a shot and see which one sacrifices less survivability.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

The only reason i dont take empathic bond is because i dont pet swap and i dont want my pet taking weakness/chill/cripple and imobolize from me and lowering its dps.

in Ranger

Blackbird.4382

Ive been thinking of how incorporate that trait into the build and imho going 20 wilderness and dropping bark skin is better than losing 43% duration to regen and 7 secs of regen every 30 secs from the 5 point trait alone.

I did exactly this, and I rarely miss Bark Skin. Bark Skin is nice at times though, particularly when you’re taking on more than 1 or when you get surprised by adds.

in Ranger

Posted by: citizankane.5723

citizankane.5723

I’d really enjoy seeing a video like this on necro. That could be your next project c’mon you know you wanna!

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

I’d really enjoy seeing a video like this on necro. That could be your next project c’mon you know you wanna!

Necromancer will be my 7th 80 and my 5th WvW project but i cant say how soon. I have a theory build on paper with gear and such atm but nothing solid. My free time varies from basically all week i could sit down and play to for example this week where ive played barely enough to do my PvE daily. Last week i finished my new thiefs suit and that is my current project. After the thief i will return to the ranger for a 2nd video. After that its either a Necro or back to my mesmer depending on the state of the game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

Puandro, I give you mad respect for bringing hope back to so many Ranger players. Ranger was my first character, and I had long since given up on it. I didn’t think we had any good builds. But after seeing your vids, and reading this thread and a couple of others, I think I might actually give it a shot again.

Many thanks!

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Puandro, I give you mad respect for bringing hope back to so many Ranger players. Ranger was my first character, and I had long since given up on it. I didn’t think we had any good builds. But after seeing your vids, and reading this thread and a couple of others, I think I might actually give it a shot again.

Many thanks!

Gl and have fun, Ranger is an awesome class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Thanks for the leveling advice puandro. my pet’s are monsters on a long leash, and my pet consistently hits 1k-1.3k and can hit 2k when RAO and sic ‘em are popped together. already level 53, so it won’t be too long.

Gates of Madness

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Thanks for the leveling advice puandro. my pet’s are monsters on a long leash, and my pet consistently hits 1k-1.3k and can hit 2k when RAO and sic ‘em are popped together. already level 53, so it won’t be too long.

Glad you are enjoying it, it was very fun to level mine also.

in Ranger

Assassin.7890

But you are using sic em only pvp wise, do you? Although it is quite strong, a stunbreak should always be inluded in my opinion. Furthermore what are the exact problems with sic em and stealth of jaguar? I didnt fully grt it
Yours
Ira

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

But you are using sic em only pvp wise, do you? Although it is quite strong, a stunbreak should always be inluded in my opinion. Furthermore what are the exact problems with sic em and stealth of jaguar? I didnt fully grt it
Yours
Ira

I dont use Sic em in PvP, maybe if we had a 4th utility :p. It isnt Jaguar related but when you use Sic em if you give yiur pet any other command it will end. Examples are F2, attack, return and it will randomly cancel too. Just not reliable atm.

in Ranger

Assassin.7890

Do another video please

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Do another video please

When i get around to playing my Ranger ill fraps. Its something that i dont really go out of my way to do or rush.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nerdsaver.6415

Nerdsaver.6415

Hey Puandro, big thanks for this thread. I’ve been playing a Ranger since release and never considered a melee build. The game was getting boring for me so I gave your build a shot. Wow what fun things are now. I was at Southsun last night where a lot of folks were getting slapped around by the Vet Karkas. There were a few instances where I got caught in a knock down cycle along with those next to me. The other players would usually all go down, but not me. I could get the downed guys back up, and not have to worry about going down myself in the middle of the fight. The toughness/regen combo is so ridiculous.

I thought my damage out put would suffer with this build, but it didn’t. I seem to kill stuff as fast if not faster than my previous zerk 30/25/10/5/0 setup with LB, Axe/Axe, and traps.

In WvW it was always run with the boring zerg herd, and avoid the individual encounters at all costs. I’ve had a couple of 1v1 and 1v2 encounters with the new setup and no more turning tail for me. Good times.

Thanks again.