(Video) Exploits - WvW Melee BM Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Hey Puandro, big thanks for this thread. I’ve been playing a Ranger since release and never considered a melee build. The game was getting boring for me so I gave your build a shot. Wow what fun things are now. I was at Southsun last night where a lot of folks were getting slapped around by the Vet Karkas. There were a few instances where I got caught in a knock down cycle along with those next to me. The other players would usually all go down, but not me. I could get the downed guys back up, and not have to worry about going down myself in the middle of the fight. The toughness/regen combo is so ridiculous.

I thought my damage out put would suffer with this build, but it didn’t. I seem to kill stuff as fast if not faster than my previous zerk 30/25/10/5/0 setup with LB, Axe/Axe, and traps.

In WvW it was always run with the boring zerg herd, and avoid the individual encounters at all costs. I’ve had a couple of 1v1 and 1v2 encounters with the new setup and no more turning tail for me. Good times.

Thanks again.

Glad you are enjoying it man. I am a big fan of the melee attacks rangers have access to. I almost rolled ranger as my main during headstart but ended up with D/D ele at the end.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Man, that video left me speechless. You sir are an amazing player. Your movement is unbelievable. My concern with melee has always been chasing runners down. That isn’t a problem for you.

I have used GS and S/D…but neither at the same time. Dunno if I could pull it off

Great job !

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Posted by: wrango.2590

wrango.2590

Hi Puandro,
i tried your build and it’s impressive. Good job indeed

I was just wandering, how about apothecary equipment instead of cleric?

Thanks for sharing this!

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Hi Puandro,
i tried your build and it’s impressive. Good job indeed

I was just wandering, how about apothecary equipment instead of cleric?

Thanks for sharing this!

Apothecary is an option but you have to use axe/torch instead of GS so you lose mobility. Also you use offhand cooldown reduction instead of sword reduction. You will have an easier time against bunkers like guardians and eles but the good ones are still unkillable. Its also very weak if you run into enemies with lemongrass food and melandru runes even if you run pizza for condition duration. Its a different playstyle with the same idea. Be hard to kill while you wear them down and your pet doing most of the damage.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Man, that video left me speechless. You sir are an amazing player. Your movement is unbelievable. My concern with melee has always been chasing runners down. That isn’t a problem for you.

I have used GS and S/D…but neither at the same time. Dunno if I could pull it off

Great job !

You wont know unless you try

in Ranger

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Enjoyed the vid, was great watching you leap around endlessly whilst watching people being hit by your pet. Quite surprised at the lack of skill of the opposition- maybe those thiefs will learn to run when they see Jag and a GS, as they could easily have disengaged when it was obvious they couldn’t beat you:-)

Looks like a fun build, but only useful for roaming like most BM builds so not really my cup of tea- but kudos for having so much fun with it and hopefully people will try it out.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Great job !

You wont know unless you try

So I did try it last night. A few observations.

1. Very fun
2. First fight after respec was vs Warrior. Beat him easily (although Warriors in general are pretty easy for Rangers)
3. Next 3 fights were vs runners. As I anticipated it is very tough to do anything vs that. The first two were Guardians. I would catch them with swoop and get that hit blocked. Back to the chase. One of them was laughing all the way. I chased him halfway across the map. Finally disengaged pet. Got out of combat and swapped S/D to SB. That did the trick
4. Pet with 25 stacks on it hits very hard. Found out the hardway that storing pet =loss of stacks. Swimming =loss of stacks. That kind of sucks. Looks like F2 for Jag stealth kept the stacks though.
5. What was weird was realizing i was playing my Ranger like a Warrior and i play my Warrior like a Ranger. Ranger is just way sturdier…which makes zero sense.

Anet can be criticized for some things, but they sure got one thing right. Being able to regear and respec your character so easily into a totally different style of play is pretty nice.

Edit: ..and beat a Mesmer pretty handily last night also. This build you can’t stand back and try and win a ranged fight. You gotta get right in their face. Which seemed to work much better.

(edited by Forzani.2584)

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Oh I haven’t added this thread yet to the compilation thread XD Been seeing this around, I thought I already added it :P

I’m adding it now Also, cool char name :P definitely set off some of my alarms XD

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Good video, was fun to watch. Builds that bunker like this really hurt because I play my Warrior in WvW, and Warrior sustainability is stupid bad without lemongrass (and even with, it’s inferior to many other classes). It doesn’t help that as a commander I have to build considerably different than if I were to roam, but that’s just how it goes.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Ranger

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I tried this build out on one of my rangers, and have to say I enjoyed it for a change- it actually worked quite well with a SB as I was fooling around and had swopped the sword out for SB when we got in a battle- was fun healing up effectively while stacking conditions on the guardians.

Didn’t enjoy it so much in any sort of larger group fight but that might be more to do with my noobishness on the build and the fact I’m usually playing ranged than anything else.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rascabuches.5914

Rascabuches.5914

Cant i see ur build plz

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Cant i see ur build plz

Its in the youtube description.

in Ranger

Posted by: zerOFive.2359

zerOFive.2359

Here to drop some props for the build. I’ve always been that ranger focused on my bows and have been looking for something new….and this is fun! I was trying out the sword a week ago but hadnt figured out a good technique quite yet. Just able to melee the end boss of cof p1 the entire time without trouble!

reset my traits similar to yours focusing on bm and oh have i missed sasquatch criting for 1k+. So keep doing what your doing because I’m not one to crunch those numbers, i eat that captain crunch instead!

Commander Squatchin of Gate of Madness
(ranger)

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Here to drop some props for the build. I’ve always been that ranger focused on my bows and have been looking for something new….and this is fun! I was trying out the sword a week ago but hadnt figured out a good technique quite yet. Just able to melee the end boss of cof p1 the entire time without trouble!

reset my traits similar to yours focusing on bm and oh have i missed sasquatch criting for 1k+. So keep doing what your doing because I’m not one to crunch those numbers, i eat that captain crunch instead!

LOL Captain Crunch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Captain Crunch is the most dangerous cereal there is, talk about palate lacerations, but let it soak in milk for 45 minutes, best tasting thing on the planet.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

in Ranger

Posted by: Control Core.1079

Control Core.1079

Thanks for showing me another way to play a ranger. I always stuck to the longbow/greatsword combo for pve, and longbow/sword & horn combo for pvp. Now I have something else to play with, it’s something to get used to though, but way more fun then constantly running for your life, now I can run and have fun, thanks!

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Another day with the setup and I still haven’t decided if this works for me ….not because it is a bad build..but because my skill level might not be high enough. It is fun though

I noticed that classes I easily beat before with range, like Necros, can be a problem now since I have to chase them around. Same thing with Rangers. Guardians are also tougher now since you can’t kite. Warriors no difference. Mesmers seems a bit easier. Ele about the same. Thieves I still have a problem with and Engineers I don’t even try without a ranged attack. Taking supply camps solo is a no go for me. I switch to A/T for that….the bad thing is I lose stacks on pets since jag doesn’t last in that fight so I need to load another pet before fight.

I did win a couple of 1v2 quite handily and seemed easier than ranged spec.

To be determined !

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Another day with the setup and I still haven’t decided if this works for me ….not because it is a bad build..but because my skill level might not be high enough. It is fun though

I noticed that classes I easily beat before with range, like Necros, can be a problem now since I have to chase them around. Same thing with Rangers. Guardians are also tougher now since you can’t kite. Warriors no difference. Mesmers seems a bit easier. Ele about the same. Thieves I still have a problem with and Engineers I don’t even try without a ranged attack. Taking supply camps solo is a no go for me. I switch to A/T for that….the bad thing is I lose stacks on pets since jag doesn’t last in that fight so I need to load another pet before fight.

I did win a couple of 1v2 quite handily and seemed easier than ranged spec.

To be determined !

You shouldnt need to kite pretty much any class 1v1. Chasing is pretty easy since the sword Auto Attack cripples and you have Dagger #5. If they port ill use my sword #2 or swap to GS and Swoop. When you try to take camps save your F2 on Jag as a “de-aggro” since they wont attack it while your heal is on CD. Also always kill the scouts first since they AoE blind.

If you like it i say keep trying but if you don’t i wouldn’t suggest to try to learn a build you don’t like.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

How the hell do you get by with no condition removal at all? is it just a “typo” on the build link or don’t you use it at all?

I used to run generosity and signet for a while and although it works most times the second you meet someone condition heavy you just melt so now I got empathic bond ontop of that wich to be fair might be overkill but for now I like being strong on that bit.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

How the hell do you get by with no condition removal at all? is it just a “typo” on the build link or don’t you use it at all?

I used to run generosity and signet for a while and although it works most times the second you meet someone condition heavy you just melt so now I got empathic bond ontop of that wich to be fair might be overkill but for now I like being strong on that bit.

I have NP with condis unless its an HGH Engi. It’s not a typo i have 0 condi removal.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

I have NP with condis unless its an HGH Engi. It’s not a typo i have 0 condi removal.

Must have been extremely lucky then if you don’t feel it’s a problem for you, I’m guessing you’ll reconsider that on the first one you meet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Miiro.3124

Miiro.3124

He just out heals the condition damage, its not that mind blowing.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Jade Quarry Champion Hunter
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Must have been extremely lucky then if you don’t feel it’s a problem for you, I’m guessing you’ll reconsider that on the first one you meet.

An HGH Engi needs to be P/P and Grenades (and use them well) to put me in a position where i might need to back off and heal. No Grenades and its a no go. Just like i avoid a lot of physical damage by dodging and blocking i avoid a lot of condi damage.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

No he isn’t he might be dodging/evading/blocking well enough to avoid most but you cannot outheal several stacks of conditions even at high healing power the regen can’t keep up outside of during troll combined with all other sources, that said if he doesn’t need it he doesn’t I’m just having the feeling he hasn’t really come across anyone good at stacking condition on him very often but that might be wrong it’s just a hunch.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

No he isn’t he might be dodging/evading/blocking well enough to avoid most but you cannot outheal several stacks of conditions even at high healing power the regen can’t keep up outside of during troll combined with all other sources, that said if he doesn’t need it he doesn’t I’m just having the feeling he hasn’t really come across anyone good at stacking condition on him very often but that might be wrong it’s just a hunch.

Yes if i get loaded up with condis then i can;t out heal it. But i can out heal pretty much any condi class except HGH Grenade engis due to being able to do so much physical and condi damage and they have every type of condi.

HGH Grenade Engi is the only condi build that can actually pressure me 1v1. Even then i can swap traits/skills around and make it tough for them.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Yes if i get loaded up with condis then i can;t out heal it. But i can out heal pretty much any condi class except HGH Grenade engis due to being able to do so much physical and condi damage and they have every type of condi.

HGH Grenade Engi is the only condi build that can actually pressure me 1v1. Even then i can swap traits/skills around and make it tough for them.

I would think an apothecary BM would be a rough counter to this aswell.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

You would but unless i just go crazy with my sword auto attack to stack might and not dodge i dont even need to use my heal.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

You would but unless i just go crazy with my sword auto attack to stack might and not dodge i dont even need to use my heal.

No offence but I find that very hard to believe

in Ranger

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

I just fought this guy, he’s insane. I was on my Mesmer and we fought for like almost 5 minutes before I had to run away. NEVER, EVER have I lost to Ranger before. This guy is on his kitten and is one amazing player. /Bow sir, /bow.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Ranger

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Puandro… Amazing! …

LOL, lol, lol, lol, he lost to my bunker engi in a 1v1! I lawlz kitten him! I pwned him! I beat him into the ground! I stuck it in the kitten!

lol,

Amazing!

lol!

see you in guild Puandro <3

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Too many familiar faces in here…..just sayin’

in Ranger

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Bump to page 1

:)

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

lol thanks.

Working on a 2nd vid with a new build, looking good so far.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

I did not see any exploits in that video :\

;P

runs away

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Ranger

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

I am amazed. But also saddened. I just came back to GW2 after several months and respecced my ranger and spent all my money on new gear. [I changed from Condition Shortbow / Axe+Horn to Beserker’s/Valkyrie Longbow / Greatsword].

I would love to try your build in WvW but I can’t afford to now. I’ll give it a shot in Spvp, but not sure whether it will be as effective.

in Ranger

Antisceptic.9174

I’ve been using this in SPvP. I seem to be struggling. In one on one fights I usually outlast them until help arrives, one way or another. However I die to condition builds, particularly when I get bleed stacked.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

I’ve been using this in SPvP. I seem to be struggling. In one on one fights I usually outlast them until help arrives, one way or another. However I die to condition builds, particularly when I get bleed stacked.

In sPvP i recommend taking Empathic Bond over Bark Skin and/or Healing Spring over Troll Unguent. Also Mighty Swap over Masters Bond.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Puandro, my video is in the works. Hope to have it up and running by Tuesday the latest. :-)

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Puandro, my video is in the works. Hope to have it up and running by Tuesday the latest. :-)

Nice. Probably post my new build tomorrow.

in Ranger

Antisceptic.9174

In sPvP i recommend taking Empathic Bond over Bark Skin and/or Healing Spring over Troll Unguent. Also Mighty Swap over Masters Bond.

Okay, I’ll give that a shot. Thanks.

What about Sword sigil, ?

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Okay, I’ll give that a shot. Thanks.

What about Sword sigil, ?

Sigils are fine as a bunker to hold a point.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

With no condition removal the only thing that’d really give Paundro trouble would probably be HGH Engineers like he said, and P/D thieves (which you honestly don’t see a lot of those anymore, they’re mostly S/D and D/P)

Condition Mesmer’s might be tough though, it’d really depend on running Melandru and Lemongrass or Saphron Bread..If he ran those, he honestly shouldn’t have much trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Nugget.8031

Nugget.8031

I reckon condi rangers would kitten on this spec, you would have perma poison on you which would kitten your heals.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

I reckon condi rangers would kitten on this spec, you would have perma poison on you which would kitten your heals.

Condi rangers don’t do enough damage to kill me with this spec.

Edit: Im assuming you are talking about Condi BM Ranger Bunker not Trap Spec.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

With no condition removal the only thing that’d really give Paundro trouble would probably be HGH Engineers like he said, and P/D thieves (which you honestly don’t see a lot of those anymore, they’re mostly S/D and D/P)

Condition Mesmer’s might be tough though, it’d really depend on running Melandru and Lemongrass or Saphron Bread..If he ran those, he honestly shouldn’t have much trouble.

He’d lose all the regen with melandru+food though wich would kinda take away the whole point of using clerics in the first place

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

He’d lose all the regen with melandru+food though wich would kinda take away the whole point of using clerics in the first place

4 Dwayna + 2 melandru + food.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

That’s a way I guess although I wonder if it wouldn’t be better to simply stick with 6 dwayna and use the lemongrass then to get the bigger healing bonus and an extra regen source, of course it depends entirely what setup your opponent has and if he’s in turn eating pizzas or not.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

That’s a way I guess although I wonder if it wouldn’t be better to simply stick with 6 dwayna and use the lemongrass then to get the bigger healing bonus and an extra regen source, of course it depends entirely what setup your opponent has and if he’s in turn eating pizzas or not.

4 Dwayna is still pretty much almost perma regen.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Mind if I ask, with all these healing power items stacking each other, how high is your regeneration via TU and the rest of the skills?