We Heal as One Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

So, if they’ll just “lock” boon sharing duration to 10sec it will be fine.
Less than that will be awful.

They’re making it function the same way as Fortifying Bond, which is what it should have been done in the first place.

Except with Fortifying bonds values its kills the skill for anything other then Might stacking.

Well yes, but maybe just maybe the devs don’t intend for RANGER to stack boons like that.

We talking about the same dev’s that left ele’s god tier for so long and left rangers bottom tier since the launch of the game?
They clearly know what’s best for the class.

Without d/d, ele is verrrry far from God-tier. So you’re advocating that Rangers just get some stupid thing that makes them too good, which would solve nothing because then people will complain about Ranger and it will be whack-a-mole. Rangers need small changes to get them even with other classes who can receive minor changes to bring them down.

I think he’s talking about the length of time. We are still waiting for D/D ele to br brought down to balanced levels after it existing for a year (the June patch actually buffed it). The weaker boon stacking Ranger build is being nerfed after a day.

So we want Ranger to become God-tier and then not fixed for a year because it’s just desserts?

Do you read peoples posts before responding to them? WTF was God tier about this build? Do you even PvP?

He was comparing Ranger to a"God-tier" build in D/D ele, claiming that Ranger shouldn’t be nerfed bc ele hasn’t been nerfed, thus implying that Ranger should be able to have a God-Tier build for a year and not get nerfed like ele. Pretty simple.

Ah yes, the “do you even PvP insult?”. I guess you win the internet war because you questioned my skill.

I was questioning your knowledge, now I am mostly questioning whether you read posts before you respond to them.

Mhmmm ok. Maybe I should question your ability to comprehend arguments before insulting someone, but I won’t. Good day sir.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I think he’s talking about the length of time. We are still waiting for D/D ele to br brought down to balanced levels after it existing for a year (the June patch actually buffed it). The weaker boon stacking Ranger build is being nerfed after a day.

Speaking of Elementalists you really don’t see an uproar over the Burning Nerfs on the Elementalists do you? Know why? Because everyone knew it was a bit crazy and people been talking a long time about Burning and how Burning is going to get nerfed at some point after the stacking changes.

Why you people are surprised that your crazy permanent swiftness, protection, fury, quickness, etc is getting nerfed is beyond me. Did anyone really think it’s normal? Did you really think going, “Ooo Ooo The Elementalist is OP! Really! Elementalist!!!11” was going to work as some convincing argument?

There are 9 classes in this game (or will be soon). If anyone is really all that miserable with a class the only thing stopping you from playing a class you think you will enjoy is yourself. Take a break and go play an Elementalist until HOT releases. See if you feel the same about how OP they are afterwords.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

They’re making it function the same way as Fortifying Bond, which is what it should have been done in the first place.

Except with Fortifying bonds values its kills the skill for anything other then Might stacking.

Well yes, but maybe just maybe the devs don’t intend for RANGER to stack boons like that.

And they have no rational justification for that position. Ranger has spent the last 3 years being kicked out of dungeon groups and left out of PvP tournaments. ArenaNet is either unwilling or unable to make the profession viable and competitive, and their refusal to discuss the problems with the player base is making things worse. They’re happy to engage in dialogue in the revenant forum, but for the profession that has needed it the most for three years straight? No, no time for that.

Sure they do: it’s not intended for Rangers to stack boons like other classes whether you like it or not. It is not the design for the Ranger.

Sauce?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

Speaking of Elementalists you really don’t see an uproar over the Burning Nerfs on the Elementalists do you? Know why? Because everyone knew it was a bit crazy and people been talking a long time about Burning and how Burning is going to get nerfed at some point after the stacking changes.

Why you people are surprised that your crazy permanent swiftness, protection, fury, quickness, etc is getting nerfed is beyond me. Did anyone really think it’s normal? Did you really think going, “Ooo Ooo The Elementalist is OP! Really! Elementalist!!!11” was going to work as some convincing argument?

There are 9 classes in this game (or will be soon). If anyone is really all that miserable with a class the only thing stopping you from playing a class you think you will enjoy is yourself. Take a break and go play an Elementalist until HOT releases. See if you feel the same about how OP they are afterwords.

Ok a few things. Number 1 we do not have permanent quickness, we can get about 14 seconds out of it (PRACTICALLY) at most.

Perma swiftness on a ranger has been a thing for a long time now

Perma fury has been a thing on a ranger for a long time now

It’s not about making a convincing argument out of blaming the elementalist, it’s about creating a comparison in power and how actually, what Rangers have atm is NOTHING when you think about it.

Lastly, we play a class because it appeals to our nature as humans. I’m not gonna go roll an elementalist to get a taste of what “OP” feels like because I think caster classes are girly and lame. I went with a Ranger because the idea of a Ranger hits me in all the right places. Also, I shouldn’t HAVE to go play an Elementalist to know what OP feels like, by very definition that proves how unbalanced they are.

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Roy or someone will have to Make sure Fortifying bond is Edited to match longer durations on the other boons ect or they could simply leave HaO as is and make the cooldown 30seconds or 24seconds Traited so the cooldown out paces the Boon durations. then tweek the heal a little on HaO right now the main problem is how often we can use heal as one in time with the Stacking of boon duraitons from Nature+Clarions+Warhorn and or Quickness pet swap rotations (though with the quickness route you only get Clarions+QZ+pet swap 3might,fury,swiftness , and super speed when it becomes a boon Fury on copy is 32seconds,might is 32seconds,swiftness is 32seconds and quickness goes from 7.5seconds+2seconds(when copied from pet) if you add in Zyphers speed into the rotaiton it will give 6 to pet , 7+5(copied after cast) totaling 12 quickness for a average of 9seconds , so this peram Quickness duraiton is Bull crap you can’t get 50seconds of quickness ect.

the main problem is not HaO , its the ability to rotate around quicken zypher +copy>wait>petswap zyphers>copy>copy>pet swap. over all if Zyphers speed was changed to Super speed we could not have a perma rotation of quickness but again if it was changed to superspeed for 2seconds to pet (pet gains 4seconds) and ranger that copied would give the ranger 8seconds.

its just the fact that Fortifying bond amplifies the effectiveness if boons are Given to both ranger and pet , anything given to the ranger the pet already gains a extended duration that gets copied back to the ranger for the same amount .

so if Zyphers speed only effected the pet , the perma rotations of quickness wouldn’t stack as much , then HaO increase the cooldown to 25seconds ( 20seconds traited) would out last the boons gained then it would only be on a 60-70% upkeep depending on petswap and Quicken zypher+instantly using HaO to copy the 3seconds.

ether way its the combination of boon copy to pet(fortifying bonds) then the ranger copy from pet . so HaO isn’t the problem its Zyphers speed with the combination of quicken zypher .

even if they did add a fortifying bond type of restrictions to HaO , we will still Recivive the same durations we Give to the pet From the effect of Fortifying bond so adding any restrictions won’t make much difference in total boon duration.

I HOPE ROY tests thing in a active enviroment not in heart of the mists.

if anything the only thing that needs a change is Zyphers speed changed to super speed 2seconds per pet swap which would give 40% upkeep after nature magic+HaO after scaling 2seconds ranger > 4 pet > copy > 8ranger 7seconds after cast after petswap for super speed. though again if the pet dies and gets locked out for 45seconds thats hardcountered that mechanic.
, all it is

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

And they have no rational justification for that position. Ranger has spent the last 3 years being kicked out of dungeon groups and left out of PvP tournaments. ArenaNet is either unwilling or unable to make the profession viable and competitive, and their refusal to discuss the problems with the player base is making things worse. They’re happy to engage in dialogue in the revenant forum, but for the profession that has needed it the most for three years straight? No, no time for that.

Sure they do: it’s not intended for Rangers to stack boons like other classes whether you like it or not. It is not the design for the Ranger.

Sauce?

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyCronacher/status/649288589499469824

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Sauce?

Reminder that this is the guy who designed Herald.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Ranger isn’t my main (although it was in GW1). I’m getting kittened off because ArenaNet has a breathtaking set of double standards here. Elementalists are allowed to stack might, protection, and fury on top of insane sustain and condition removal, and this is allowed to continue unchecked for months. They put new rules into place for tournaments because people were stacking four elementalists on a five person team and winning.

Then, we have rangers: never tournament viable, certainly not tournament abused. They get a niche build that itself has too many easy counters to be competitive in serious high-level play. Yet, because of this gimmick, they’re going to gut the skill that might make rangers good enough to even be included in a tournament. Within 24 hours of its buff. With this being the case, they could at least deign to have a discussion with their player base on the matter.

From a PvP standpoint, every time rangers get close to being at the level of the other professions, they get brutally smacked back down again with no adequate explanation. At this point, it looks very much like ArenaNet is actively, intentionally preventing rangers from ever becoming tournament viable, and they owe their players a detailed explanation.

in Ranger

Posted by: CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

I played with a power build all last night using it and it is REALLY nice. Yeah I lost my 2s taunt from the pet, but you’d be surprised how much damage you can do with quickness while using GS (specially when also specced with remorseless).

in Ranger

Posted by: Swiftly.2385

Swiftly.2385

Could it be because none of the devs play ranger? yeah that’s probably it.

Irenio said during TwitchCon that he mains a Ranger. Not sure if it’s by choice or because he was given/selected to balance Rangers (and Engineers). Either way, he’s the only developer Rangers have on the balance team.

and yet someone else’s knee jerk reaction to a skill change is what leads to another nerf for rangers. GG anet.

And if people don’t think the same thing will happen to Ranger before release they’re crazy. History should tell us that Druid healing will be nerfed into the ground before release.

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Roy or someone will have to Make sure Fortifying bond is Edited to match longer durations on the other boons ect or they could simply leave HaO as is and make the cooldown 30seconds or 24seconds Traited so the cooldown out paces the Boon durations. […]

Don’t nerf HaO for builds, which don’t focus on massive boon stacking. I would not mind, if they completely remove the new mechanic (don’t think, this is neccessary though), as long the Heal itself stays as it is. I just don’t want do be forced to use TU, because other Heals suck outside of few gimmicky builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Just curious, what have been the sPvP “could’ve beens” for Rangers that were nerfed into non-existence?

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Sauce?

Thanks. So that’s the reason huh. He doesn’t mention quickness, but… maybe boons like Aegis? xD… What a weird fella. Wonder what Irenio would think about this. I do hope it doesn’t give something like 2sec quickness like Fortifying Bonds, I’d want it at least 4sec…

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

They will probably preview the changes before they go live. They will probably nerf protection and quickness copies.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

One day in and we’re already getting our buff gutted. It’s probably not the overall record, but sure does say something about their stance on Ranger’s place in the game in comparison to other professions like Ele and Mesmer.

“They are light armor and have low hp! you are medium armor and medium HP!!! " – Anet reasoning probably (not even kidding)

And that’s why they have ridiculous healing, cleanse, shields of various types, and some blind. They don’t need to be the only ones with that much protection as well. ANet can trot that excuse out as soon as rangers are stacking four to a team and winning tournaments. Or even competing in tournaments in the first place.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Just curious, what have been the sPvP “could’ve beens” for Rangers that were nerfed into non-existence?

Early days shortbow “animation fix” comes to mind (the range nerf came much later).

Beastmaster build lost pet range and pet damage because sPvP complained pets were useful.

Spirit build annoyed sPvPers hence spirits losing uptime (mobility is just the latest icing on the cake).

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: imagangsta.1349

imagangsta.1349

It fits into the category of a boon though. The definition of a boon: is a thing that is helpful or beneficial. How is stealth not beneficial to the caster??

Crystal Desert Kingswood Brotherhood [KWBH]
Percivel: Guardian, Vayne Silverjaw: Warrior, Varon Aren: Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

/FACEPALM

Tell us, that it’s not intended for ranger to be competitive in sPvP, whether you like it or not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

Irenio said during TwitchCon that he mains a Ranger. Not sure if it’s by choice or because he was given/selected to balance Rangers (and Engineers). Either way, he’s the only developer Rangers have on the balance team.

and yet someone else’s knee jerk reaction to a skill change is what leads to another nerf for rangers. GG anet.

what I really want to know is, who pioneered the change to WHaO in the first place? Was it Irenio? If it was him, I cant help but think as though this was a well thought out buff, that he knew would be powerful but also limiting, and only he understood it

If it was anyone else, its like, do you even bother testing things like this ahead of time at all? Ya know, before giving it to the most downtrodden class only to take it away the next day?

Or do you just throw darts at a wall? One lands on “We Heal as One”, second lands on “Boons,” and the third lands on “Pet”

BINGO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Quickness nerf I agree. I haven’t tested it, cause i don’t like sacraficing utility slot to quickness. Might is not op by long shot. Ele holds perma 25 stacks longer, can share it (very important, ranger can’t), and with trait also permanent fury… Vigor and protection are within reach of permanent application. Also Ele doesn’t have to sacrafice utility slot OR healing skill for it. In fact they still have extra heals and cleanses via traits and weapon skills over ranger. I don’t think Ele is hugely overpowered (except D/D cele in tpvp, conquest), but the issue here is ranger being looked opon as not deserving this stuff.

But I have a feeling i know why. They think 25 might stacks on ranger should be ‘very hard to get’, because ranger is a ‘double entity’. Might (especially 25 stacks, 675 power, condition damage), can turn weak, or good dps into very good, to crazy dps. But because we have a pet (with a lot of limitation, and pvp limiting bugs – wich Roy seems to forget), they think a second entity with this huge dps boost is op. They think ranger is basically balanced ok without might, but once we use might, they think cause we are double entity, that our might ‘achieving’, results in double effectiveness (aka 50 might stacks or 1350 power/condition damage boost).

While it has some merrit, in practise it’s not true.

And I have to Admit, permanent swiftnes, (single) Might, Fury (that can be extra effective with trait), on Rev, that Is AOE on top of it, and heavy armor to boot, sounds op. I played rev and didnt feel op (actually underpowered without herald, sword and shiro), but if we just will do the ‘theory about what is op’-talk, then that is way more op Roy. Perhaps you tested it enough in practise to know it’s not OP. Thing is: test ranger too before drawing conclusions like ‘double entity 25 might stack is op’. Roy love warriors like hell, but that seems to have slowed down since Rev. My guess is he almost never played ranger (he also doesn’t seem the type of person to like ranger). That’s all fair and ok. But without playing ranger, you can’t objectively make a conclusion. And here lies the problem.

Cap quickness (may protection to only 3/5 s) and the rest is +12 secs adding (healing skill is on short cd, this seems ok)

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

The problem is that Roy seems to assume that rangers are balanced without that boon stacking. Not even close. Rangers are not competitive in tPvP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

what I really want to know is, who pioneered the change to WHaO in the first place? Was it Irenio? If it was him, I cant help but think as though this was a well thought out buff, that he knew would be powerful but also limiting, and only he understood it

If it was anyone else, its like, do you even bother testing things like this ahead of time at all? Ya know, before giving it to the most downtrodden class only to take it away the next day?

Or do you just throw darts at a wall? One lands on “We Heal as One”, second lands on “Boons,” and the third lands on “Pet”

BINGO!

Roy was part of the group that thought MDG was grandmaster worthy and balanced it in the middle of a live stream

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I expected a set duration of the copied boons. That part is okay – again though, don’t butcher it completely.

Don’t do the Nature’s Vengeance implementation twice..

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Come on guys, I love rangers I play ranger only for 2+ years, i’m active on this forum only, no one can claim i’m anti ranger or biased against it(I was eve defendign the unblockble taunt). But this WHAO thing is way over the top to the level is not healthy to the profession. I actualy play WHAO on my native build and you realy dont need to build around it to abuse it, getting from a single heal(which si already very good) pream swiftness, rege, fury high amount of protection ,quickness is insane. I’m not even talking about the group synergie and the might stacking potential(and let me remind you that ranger was designed to not be efficient in stacking might). Its funny, if I would have told you WHAO cahnge – give 8 sec of quickness 8 sec protaction 8 sec fury etc.. all would have agreed its OP.

In what setting was it OP?

PvP? People are already running builds to counter this i.e. boon strips because of ele’s, and condi builds that will destroy your pet and shut the build down

WvW zergs? If, and that’s a big if, you manage to keep your pet alive in the large scale fights you absolutely deserve the buffs. Not to mention to use a boon build effectively you have to run WS, BM, NM so you lose piercing arrows.

WvW roaming? Still outclassed by heavy stealth builds, still weak to condi builds, still easy to counter by killing the pet.

PvE? The majority of boons are maxed already, maybe being able to keep up quickness will make it so we see less “GLF x more players, no rangers”.

Pretty much sums up everything.

It’s only OP in PvE, oh wait, Ele and Warrior can maintain this “OP buffs” to the WHOLE PARTY and no-one ever bring up it’s OP, yet ranger can “self stack” himself for 25 mights /fury now and everyone cries OP?

What’s wrong with you guys?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

It will probably get changed to ‘copy all boons from your pet onto you’ since copying boons from yourself to your pet is already in the traits.
boons you copy from yourself to your pet in the trait line are all gated in duration so this would make it less OP copying them back.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Honestly, there shouldn’t be separate boons for ranger vs. pet at all. Any boon effect that hits pet gets redirected to the ranger, and the pet just gets the benefits of whichever boons the ranger has on them. That way, there would be no need to copy boons at all, and it would allow for boon removal to counterplay stacking better (because boon stripping the ranger once would remove the boons from the ranger, and remove the effects of them from the pet). Honestly, that’s how it should have been from the time the game was released.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

It fits into the category of a boon though. The definition of a boon: is a thing that is helpful or beneficial. How is stealth not beneficial to the caster??

If we were going by dictionary definitions, then all boons would be considered conditions, because ‘condition’ is not necessarily a negative thing.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

/FACEPALM

Tell us, that it’s not intended for ranger to be competitive in sPvP, whether you like it or not.

You’re as suming that the only way to be competitive in PvP is to stack boons.

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

It’s fine. If warrior can keep 18025 stacks of might on whole party and sacrifice noting – it’s fine!

If Ranger want to do same, but only on himself, he save to take 2 trait lines and lose he’s healing skill – it have to be fixed.

Now i don’t believe in dev team anymore.
Looks like IF anything will put ranger in pare with ANY of classes in game, it have to be nerfed as soon as possible.

And i’m afraid, that ranger will be nerfed more and more.
Rangers shortBow are worst weapon in game from all classes? nah.. lets better nerf heal.
Why nerf heal?
Just i have feeling, that ranger can kill my revenant! I give him Projectile adsorb and reflect in almost every Legend, but on paper he can kill my revenant, so we have to nerf it as quick as possible!

Ask these from NEcromancers, warriors, Eles, Guardians and others.
They know right answer.

(edited by Rizo.9534)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Come on guys, I love rangers I play ranger only for 2+ years, i’m active on this forum only, no one can claim i’m anti ranger or biased against it(I was eve defendign the unblockble taunt). But this WHAO thing is way over the top to the level is not healthy to the profession. I actualy play WHAO on my native build and you realy dont need to build around it to abuse it, getting from a single heal(which si already very good) pream swiftness, rege, fury high amount of protection ,quickness is insane. I’m not even talking about the group synergie and the might stacking potential(and let me remind you that ranger was designed to not be efficient in stacking might). Its funny, if I would have told you WHAO cahnge – give 8 sec of quickness 8 sec protaction 8 sec fury etc.. all would have agreed its OP.

PvP? People are already running builds to counter this i.e. boon strips because of ele’s, and condi builds that will destroy your pet and shut the build down

WvW zergs? If, and that’s a big if, you manage to keep your pet alive in the large scale fights you absolutely deserve the buffs. Not to mention to use a boon build effectively you have to run WS, BM, NM so you lose piercing arrows.

WvW roaming? Still outclassed by heavy stealth builds, still weak to condi builds, still easy to counter by killing the pet.

PvE? The majority of boons are maxed already, maybe being able to keep up quickness will make it so we see less “GLF x more players, no rangers”.

It’s only OP in PvE, oh wait, Ele and Warrior can maintain this “OP buffs” to the WHOLE PARTY and no-one ever bring up it’s OP, yet ranger can “self stack” himself for 25 mights /fury now and everyone cries OP?

I’m not even PVE, i’m talking spvp/ wvw roaming, its not only the aspect of how much boon we can stack but the method. Using just WHAO to solve all our boon stacking probelms? If you cant accept its over the top by comparison to the gw2 meta game, atleast you must adimt it makes WHAO to outclass all our other heals by alottttt which for itself is ont healthy. I would much rather have much stronger MDG version.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kailee.8790

Kailee.8790

If Roy wants to test balance,

Why doesn’t he look at how spammable the dang necro is with that shield lifebar thing, at times I gotta do 3-4 FULL LIFE BARS TO KILL A KITTEN NECRO!

Aside from the necro’s abilities pretty much having life steal constantly on near everything.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I’m not even PVE, i’m talking spvp/ wvw roaming, its not only the aspect of how much boon we can stack but the method. Using just WHAO to solve all our boon stacking probelms? If you cant accept its over the top by comparison to the gw2 meta game, atleast you must adimt it makes WHAO to outclass all our other heals by alottttt which for itself is ont healthy. I would much rather have much stronger MDG version.

I disagree, because ultimately WHaO is merely a selfish boon choice.

If I want to help my teammates, I’d bring HS.

If I want a more reliable cleanse and heal, I would bring TU.

WHaO is just a niche option for some niche build, that I don’t even want to use it becuase it’s weaker than regular builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Why doesn’t he look at how spammable the dang necro is with that shield lifebar thing, at times I gotta do 3-4 FULL LIFE BARS TO KILL A KITTEN NECRO!

Aside from the necro’s abilities pretty much having life steal constantly on near everything.

If this is your view on necros almost nobody in any profession forum will take you seriously.

on WHaO. It should have functions like fortifying bond to begin with. Huge oversight on their part giving it the way it was. that way they can actually control which boons they want rangers to be good at without giving them an overabundance of certain things.

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

Rangers don’t have to be in pair with any other class. Have to be low tier class with no future.

Oh.. yes! He will be healer. and that’s it.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

/FACEPALM

Mesmers and thieves don’t need to stack boons. Warriors, guardians, necromancrs, elementalists, and engineers tend to stack boons to at least some extent in order to be competitive. Since rangers don’t have long term and/or spammable stealth and/or clones, they need to stack boons (or at least steal/corrupt them) in order to compete.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Honestly, there shouldn’t be separate boons for ranger vs. pet at all. Any boon effect that hits pet gets redirected to the ranger, and the pet just gets the benefits of whichever boons the ranger has on them. That way, there would be no need to copy boons at all, and it would allow for boon removal to counterplay stacking better (because boon stripping the ranger once would remove the boons from the ranger, and remove the effects of them from the pet). Honestly, that’s how it should have been from the time the game was released.

Exactly. Have all boons put on either the Ranger or their pet go into a “pool” of sorts that applies to both of them (with only one application of those boons if it hits them simultaneously). Bam, you’ve fixed the problem with them taking up a slot in the target limit of friendly buff utilities, and given the Ranger the option to stay at range while the rest of the team fights in melee. Or, let the pet fight at range while the Ranger is in melee, either way. Also gives some nice tactical value to splitting your focus and letting the pet fight alongside one group of buff-slinging allies while the Ranger fights alongside a different group, resulting in getting the buffs of both groups. So much fun potential there, without being forced into one specific healing ability or trait line.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Do you guys honestly think WHaO doesn’t need a nerf? It’s not even close to being balanced… I thought for sure it’d work like Fortifying Bond (where you get a set duration for each specific boon you copy), not copy the full duration. Im amazed it made it to live with the current iteration with how ridiculously strong it is.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

After so long ranger has reliable high might stacking with good uptime…dont take this away please.

Yeah the perma quickness is too much, maybe it should be toned down….but dont take the might away…..

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

/FACEPALM

Mesmers and thieves don’t need to stack boons. Warriors, guardians, necromancrs, elementalists, and engineers tend to stack boons to at least some extent in order to be competitive. Since rangers don’t have long term and/or spammable stealth and/or clones, they need to stack boons (or at least steal/corrupt them) in order to compete.

Still an assumption that the only way to be competitive is to stack boons, strip boons, or have broken mechanics like stealth.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

/FACEPALM

Still an assumption that the only way to be competitive is to stack boons, strip boons, or have broken mechanics like stealth.

It’s not an assumption, it’s an observation. I challenge you to find any exceptions to it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

You all seem very upset that this bug is getting fixed. What did you think was going to happen? You’d just get to keep the ability to have seven out of eleven boons up on you permanently? Or that somehow this was intended behaviour?

I’m glad this is being addressed and fixed quickly. It means that fewer people will mistake it as a legitimate development and build around it only to have it be reverted later and their investment wasted.

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

How this could even reach live server …

The worst thing you can do to someone is to give him something and then take away :p …

It’s the status quo for rangers. See: Clarion Bond.

In all fairness though, we got to hang on to that sweet double leap finisher for 3 years. I blame quick draw for bringing it to light.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Updates to WHaO:

https://twitter.com/RoyCronacher/status/649288944513773568

“Instead of copying durations blowing them out, we are still going to have heal as one do all boons, but instead use static durations.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I was pretty dissapointed when I logged in today and saw the news.

But as things go I would rather use this as an opportunity to draw attention to the other shouts.

Shouts at this time in the game as far as utilities go…are sub par..in every way. shape. and form.

There is ALWAYS a better choice to take in every situation with the possible exception of sic em. This has been known for years.

At the moment NONE of the shouts are used for there intended functionality. Not a single one.

Guard is used to either stealth the pet or spam swiftness/regen. No one uses this to “Have the pet aggresively guard an area”

Protect Me is possibly the worst defensive skill in the game. As using it actually kills our class mechanic entirely. Most people I see slot this do so only for the stun break. And there are better options for this.

Search and Rescue is the worst rez skill in the game. Its the only rez skill that can be killed by down cleave…or even accidental cleave.

Sic Em is used largely for its reveal. Its use is the closest to its original functionality. But even this one is often used improperly due to what comes next.

Ranger Shouts are the ONLY utility set in the entire game that directly over rides its brethren.

Is your pet trying to rez someone or attack someone or taking damage to protect you and you want to help it stay alive? To kitten bad. Guard will cancel sic em/protect me/S&R the second you use it to try and help it.

This is just one example of MULTIPLE interaction flaws in this utility class.

And thats not even the most disruptive part of the shout playstyle that I have worked to master since the release of this game.

Ranger shouts are the only utility type in the entire game that actually discourages you from utilizing your class mechanic. The nature of shouts directly interferes with the use of f1-f4. As any command given to the pet will instantly cancel the order given to it by a shout.

So if you must nerf heal as one. Then please TRY to fix the rest of the shouts to make them work taking for there own sake. Or at least alter there functionality so there not BUTCHERING eachother.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

/FACEPALM

It’s not an assumption, it’s an observation. I challenge you to find any exceptions to it.

It’s an observation of the current PvP meta game, but that doesn’t mean that the only way to be competitive is to do the things you mentioned. Just that those are the only roles that are competitive at this point in time, not that they will always be so which you assume.

The elite specs could easily change the meta in a way where those things you mentioned aren’t necessary and it could include things that the ranger can do well. Ie, tanky Druid that can burst heal, which doesn’t rely on boons.

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

Ask him: Will it me affected By +50% boon duration from pet? Ot these trait will stay useless?

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

We should twitter this to Roy since obviously that’s the new communication medium of choice for Anet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

We should twitter this to Roy since obviously that’s the new communication medium of choice for Anet.

I dont have a twitter account. but if you could please send him the url for this id be grateful.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

/FACEPALM

It’s an observation of the current PvP meta game, but that doesn’t mean that the only way to be competitive is to do the things you mentioned. Just that those are the only roles that are competitive at this point in time, not that they will always be so which you assume.

The elite specs could easily change the meta in a way where those things you mentioned aren’t necessary and it could include things that the ranger can do well. Ie, tanky Druid that can burst heal, which doesn’t rely on boons.

Unless I’m mistaken, boons have always been the meta in PvP. If the ranger can stack boons, it might have a chance of actually being played in tournaments. If ANet were capable of making the ranger useful in PvP without stacking boons, they would have done it some time in the past three years. There is no reason for rangers to be incapable of stacking boons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Make the effect only work in combat so Rangers can’t pre-load a bunch of effects before a fight (like we used to do with pet switching bugs). The Ranger will gradually get stronger as a fight goes on, as cooldowns dictate, and it will be your own freaking fault for not killing them fast enough.