staff 3 puts you in combat

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

hello everyone

I just recently discovered that the nb 3 staff ability will put you in combat when you reach your destination. I’m almost always in wvw, so I don’t know if this happens everywhere, but in wvw it is annoying when you are trying to keep up with your zerg and it puts you in combat, as it basically nullifies the movement advantage you get from using this skill. Like I said, I can only speak for wvw, but it’s definitely a (minor) issue there.

Anyways, I wanted to use this opportunity to say that I love the druid! It’s fun to play and it seems more or less balanced for what it’s supposed to do.
However, there needs to be a mechanic in gw 2 that rewards healing more (since we are now shifting towards a soft trinity), like giving XP and maybe loot (not sure about this one though.. how would it work) when you heal people, or at least a UI change where we can see the health bars of allies nearby!

Anyways have a nice day!

in Ranger

Posted by: Pooka.3420

Pooka.3420

Yes, because your healing the people you mist run into. Working as intended.

Highbeams(Druid) Pooka Pook(Ranger) – Yaks Bend

in Ranger

arnitheking.8427

? Healing alone never puts you in combat. And it also puts me in combat when I’m alone?

in Ranger

Posted by: LegionLord.5392

LegionLord.5392

I’ve noticed this as well. It puts you out of combat even when there are no mobs or anything around.

Legionlord : Ranger | Engineer | Thief

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Yes, because your healing the people you mist run into. Working as intended.

this is incorrect. even when there are no people around u, it will put you into combat. it’s a bug.

in Ranger

Pooka.3420

Didn’t the tool tip used to say Heal Allies and Damages Foes?

It’s a tool tip error that was changed recently. If it has officially changed to just heal, then yes it’s a bug. if it can also damage foes.. its considered an attack and will put you in combat.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

it never damaged foes. the skill was reworked to be an evade so maybe during this process something got messed up.

in Ranger

arnitheking.8427

yep but even if the ability still had some hidden damage component (that doesn’t actually do dmg, but instead acts as if it was doing damage by putting you in combat), it wouldn’t put you in combat when roaming alone, this is what I’m trying to say, you could be the only living thing on a planet made of entirely anorganic material (somehow YOU still managed to survive by using an atom other than carbon as carbon replacement) where the possibility of encountering another organism is null and you are on a perfectly flat linear boring surface and you would STILL be put in combat by this shiny ray of bugginess don’t get me wrong I love this ability but it seems it has always been bugged in one way or the other.

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

The thing is, this doesn’t happen 100% of the time. I’ve done my share of bored jumping around HotM and I don’t always end up in combat from Staff 3.

I’m wondering if there’s some sort of terrain issue where it thinks you took fall damage and places you in combat? That’s the only way I can explain why I sometimes do and sometimes don’t.

in Ranger

Pooka.3420

I’m all ears, waiting for clarification from IRENIO.

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Sounds like a bug. That shouldn’t be happening.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

lol I made 3 threads about this already, they all got buried. welcome everyone.

in Ranger

Pooka.3420

Well it wont get buried now.

in Ranger

Pooka.3420

BTW i just tested it, and did not go into combat. when around no enemy.

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

I have been been seeing this effect from Staf #3 since HoT launch day. It does put you into combat. Weapon swap has cooldown, as does pet swap immediately after using staff#3.

No enemies or allies in range, ooc before testing. Can be replicated in cities.

in Ranger

Pooka.3420

video pls.. cause I’m not having that issue. not saying you’re wrong. Just wanna see whats up.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

it definitely does, maybe not every single time. test it out in mists and in a match. it slows down our run speed to combat speed.

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

video pls.. cause I’m not having that issue. not saying you’re wrong. Just wanna see whats up.

It absolutely puts you in combat. The behavior is inconsistent though. Seems to happen to me 4/5 times. It’s very easy for you to test your self with out someone making a video. Just use Ancestral Grace, then swap weapons. If your weapon swap goes on cooldown, you’re in combat.

Back to the idea of it being inconsistent. This mostly occurs when I am in a pvp match. Doesn’t seem to happen as often just running around the mists. This is truly frustrating.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

It absolutely puts you in combat. The behavior is inconsistent though. Seems to happen to me 4/5 times. It’s very easy for you to test your self with out someone making a video. Just use Ancestral Grace, then swap weapons. If your weapon swap goes on cooldown, you’re in combat.

Back to the idea of it being inconsistent. This mostly occurs when I am in a pvp match. Doesn’t seem to happen as often just running around the mists. This is truly frustrating.

it kills the mobility that we’re supposed to have as roamers.

in Ranger

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Agree, its an annoying bug. When we start a spvp match and I use Staff #3 to quickly get to a point and then switch to another weapon, I got slowed down. Weapon swap then also has the 9sec cooldown. Not working as intended.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Can always stow weapon or weapon swap before the “put in combat” part.

in Ranger

arnitheking.8427

ok so it’s not a wvw only issue, good to know

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

dear devs,

I was hoping this would have been addressed in the previous patch. could we get an ETA on this fix?

in Ranger

Posted by: Irenio CalmonHuang

Irenio CalmonHuang

Game Designer

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

thanks Irenio!