in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

forum page 2 bug..

swap smokescale f2 back please

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Nothing to add, just throwing in my agreement that the ability should be switched back.

I’m half-wondering if some developer at ArenaNet was just giggling with a coworker going “wanna watch the Ranger players flip their lids? Watch this”.

we all know they like the " Banter" but if someone at anet takes it the wrong way and miss read the situation it leads to these kind of knee-jerk reactions just like what happened with Most dangerous game .

because of one person on a last wim or Gut feeling took ages to change back or fix the issue at hand properly.

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Well, it’s either that, or they are clueless about their own game’s mechanics.

Please, that was established a while ago.

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Gaile will be along soon… to lock this thread & assure us all that “they’re reading everything & they’re listening.”

Headdesk

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

I fail to see how putting Smoke Assault on F2 is being more useful than having an on demand smoke cloud. You could make amazing plays with it, now you have to get a target to put the field down.

You didn’t need to put Smoke Assault on F2 since it was their first attack they did, which was totally perfect that way.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

It’s changes like this one that really reinforce the belief among ranger players that the class is a joke to the dev team.

And no, they aren’t reading our posts.

Or listening to our suggestions.

They’re just making nonsensical changes for the kitten of it, it would seem.

Headdesk

(edited by oshilator.4681)

in Ranger

Posted by: Vendetta.1958

Vendetta.1958

This pet was amazing with the smokefield F2. Smoke assault obviously needed to be nerfed, and we pointed that out since BWE3, but swapping the smokefield with some random DPS ability makes smokescale very mediocre as a pet.

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

in Ranger

Posted by: RebornbyFire.7913

RebornbyFire.7913

Agreed, over 9000%. Damage reduction (at least to some extent) was needed; switching the F2 skill is absurd and makes the pet a boring, about average damage-dealer. Please give us back our controllable, on-demand smokescreen on F2. There was no need to switch it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

These small changes seem to break a lot of the functionality of what they’re fixing.

Either way, the smoke field on f2 was the best choice for ALL game modes. Gives on demand stealth or a 5 sec invuln for the Smokescale. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK. TY.

(edited by Draeyon.4392)

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Not to mention, when do you use the new F2, Smoke Assault? The answer: immediately upon coming off of cooldown, always, because it’s just a DPS increase. There’s NO tactical value there, versus the Smoke Field. (Unless it makes the Smokescale evade for its duration? I’m not sure. Still pathetically simple-minded by comparison.)

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Roy must be laughing right now.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Norrath.5910

Norrath.5910

“Hey, lets nerf the strong skill but also make it the skill the player controls, so every time they use it they can be reminded about how much we hate their class and want it to be terrible!”

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

And… this is why more than 1 button for pet skills is vital. But hey, maybe they’ll get it right on GW3.

:^)

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I bet they did it so we have more to talk about other than how kittenty CAF is.

Edit: It’d also be cool if the smoke field blinded instead of gave the pet invuln.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The argument of Smoke Assault vs Smoke Field F2 is HEAVILY weighted towards Smoke Field. There is WAY more utility from Smoke Field F2 than Smoke Assault. If you want to save Smoke Assault you swap, F3, buff pet then F1 and it uses it. If you want that on demand Smoke Field for stealth or for blind combo finishers? Good luck, can’t control it anymore.

This is the reason it needs to be swapped back. We all know how to control our pets, stop dumbing the class down.

We all knew the smoke scale would be nerfed, it was a bit too much, 50% reduction is still fine damage from the SA skill. Let me guess, though, no plans to nerf Revenant’s equivalent skills though, aye?

Smoke field F2 was the best thing about ’Ol Smokey.

Please change it back and stop knee-jerk nerfing Ranger into the dust. We are already a long way behind, we need buffs, not nerfed whenever we take a single step forwards.

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

We all knew the smoke scale would be nerfed, it was a bit too much, 50% reduction is still fine damage from the SA skill. Let me guess, though, no plans to nerf Revenant’s equivalent skills though, aye?

Oh, I’d love to see people’s reaction to that. “Smokescale’s f2 has a 24 second cooldown! And it’s damage was reduced by 50%! Revenant’s should therefore have at least a 30 second cooldown, or if it wants to retain it’s current cooldown, the damage needs to be reduced!”

Like that will ever happen…

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Haha, yet another thing that went from amazing to worthless within 2 days.

in Ranger

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Revenant skill does less than half the damage this did with zerker and this could also be combined with Sic’Em and Signet of the Wild.

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I’m half-wondering if some developer at ArenaNet was just giggling with a coworker going “wanna watch the Ranger players flip their lids? Watch this”.

What was your first clue?

Sorry but they can’t even fix f2 not working, let alone not nerfing a needed skill to the ground, again… and again…. and again….

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

This pet was amazing. Was its damage too high? Yes. But what is it that really made this pet good? The smoke field. So, by nerfing the damage by 50% (which, I can live with) AND removing the ability to call on the smokefield when needed is asinine. Smoke field should, without a doubt, be the F2 for this pet.

This goes to show how other professions keep their overpowered abilities in PvE and Ranger gets zip to use where it counts, matters and would even garner many of us a viewer-ship online.

They aren’t comprehending allowing Ranger to shine…

Duel us – maybe the devs need to duel us and see how beatable or unbeatable we are against their darn overpowered OTHER toons.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Agreed. Again, this is what you get for testing a class one time before release. Seeing trend that’s not pretty with rangers and druids with this expansion.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

bring the controllable smoke field back.

in Ranger

Posted by: Seyamn.8071

Seyamn.8071

Casting my vote in favor of reversing the change. I’d be fine if the attack ability was toned down some, but please let the smoke screen be the F2 ability.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

Its depressing to see everything that works getting nerved so quick. I dont understand why we life with bugs for years without a fix, but everything that seems to work good gets nerved within days.

This is despressing

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

After some massive testing, I cannot begin to express how much this change alters things. For one, the teleporting ability for the Smokescale cannot be underestimated. Now, like all other pets except range, the pet must chase down the target. That’s a lot of damage lost while the pet now tries to target the mob or player.

I have the sneaking suspicion this change is based on events that happen in PvP as PvE mobs tend not to complain.

Regardless, it feels like a gutting of the pet . . . which it pretty much is. Again, please reverse this.

It’s completely unacceptable.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

I’m so happy now that my PvP team is trying to convince me to play DragonHunter thanks to this f2 swap!

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

(edited by Skullface.7293)

in Ranger

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

Smokescale: Smoke Assault: This skill has switched places with Smoke Cloud

This change is absolutely terrible and completely removes the point of the smokescale. Now the smokefield will be uncontrollable, will be triggered at the worst time (overwriting other fields), and it will be impossible to use it to grant group invisibility.

Utility skills should stay on F2 and “dps” skill should remove as baseline skills. With the change, utility can’t be controlled and loses all utility purpose, and the ranger needs to activate the pet F2 every 20s to get the maximum possible dps out of it, which is a really poor gameplay.

Keep the 50% damage reduction if you want to, but please swap back smoke cloud to F2 skill

Why did you do this change when there was so much good feedback concerning that skill ????

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’m so happy now that my PvP team is trying to convince me to play DragonHunter thanks to this f2 swap!

DH is very powerful imo, the traps are just crazy burst with True Shot. I’ve been thinking of running a S/Sh LB build Someting like this, lots of KB with stab for decapping and the traps too, needs more mobility though. Either way, DH is starting to look better than Ranger at Ranging.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

I want both skills as F button.

I like the on-demand spike damage.
I like the on-demand smokefield.

Give us F6 and call it a day.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

@Anet, please get the smoke field back on F2, there is reason why we want a XXXX active smoke field!!!

And by the way you totally destroyed the pet now:

• Pet will always run to the target, and perform smoke field first… how is this useful?
    * Pet skill goes on full cooldown if you press F2…

DON’T TRY TO FIX IT, JUST PUT IT BACK AS IT WAS! IT WAS FUN AND AWESOME WE DONT NEED CHANGES BECAUSE THIS WAS LITERALLY THE ONLY PET THAT WAS FUN, SORRY TO SAY, FIRST PERFECT RANGER PET!

Anet why do you have to ruin every thing good on ranger, i simply don’t get you guys.

ALSO:
* damage on smoke asoult is not OP, people need to learn to dodge it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* every class has an insane burst, and people say it “LEARN TO DODGE NOOB”, well why the HELL we can’t have that???? give us pure damage back on smokescale and let people know they need to dodge it! WHY? Because WE DESERVE A DPS PET… After all this years of no real DPS pet, anet, please, what on earth.

IRENIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…..

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Ranger

Posted by: Mentor.4130

Mentor.4130

Realy Anet, you sure are masters in how to dissapoint your players. Positive feelings towards your game just got reversed after waking up and reading about Smokescale nerf.
Like Druid nerf wasn’t enough.

I want Smokescale back it was before nerf. Or atleast give me back my smoke field on demand.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

@Anet, please get the smoke field back on F2, there is reason why we want a XXXX active smoke field!!!

• Pet will always run to the target, and perform smoke field first… how is this useful?

DON’T TRY TO FIX IT, JUST PUT IT BACK AS IT WAS! IT WAS FUN AND AWESOME WE DONT NEED CHANGES BECAUSE THIS WAS LITERALLY THE ONLY PET THAT WAS FUN, SORRY TO SAY, FIRST PERFECT RANGER PET!

Anet why do you have to ruin every thing good on ranger, i simply don’t get you guys.

ALSO:
* damage on smoke asoult is not OP, people need to learn to dodge it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* every class has an insane burst, and people say it “LEARN TO DODGE NOOB”, well why the HELL we can’t have that???? give us pure damage back on smokescale and let people know they need to dodge it! WHY? Because WE DESERVE A DPS PET… After all this years of no real DPS pet, anet, please, what on earth.

IRENIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…..

Only a Daredevil can dodge it all. Dodge = 0.75s, SA = 2s. Even if you double dodged it, you could realistically still be hit for 6k by the remaining 2 hits. Far too OP. Was always going to be nerfed, it could never be defended in its previous form. It is still massive damage, you just need to combine it with some of your own now.

in Ranger

Firelysm.4967

Also keep in mind:

• F2 smoke field did deliver pet to be supportive and amazing at reactive play.
  • You nerfed SMOKE ASSAULT, but you forgot that the base damage is totally crappy/underpowered as a default attack?!?!
  • 50% nerf damage on Smoke assault is not justified, 20-25% max, why? people have to learn to dodge and default damage is way to low if you want to take that X% away buff default damage as well…
  • for the first time pet felt smooth
  • before switch, you could actively use smoke assault as well, when pet is in range, you press attack, and you can trigger 2nd attack as on every pet.. so what’s the deal for swapping things around i don’t get you anet..

ANET kittenING 3 YEARS PEOPLE IGNORED OUR PETS, GIVE US A DAMAGE PET AS SMOKESCALE AND LET PEOPLE TEACH THAT THEY HAVE TO KILL OUR PATS IN ORDER TO BEAT US, THEY DESERVE DO GET BURSTED DOWN AS WELL, WHY? BECAUSE THEY DON’T EVER TRY TO DODGE

MSG TO ANET, LET THE BURST BE, TEACH PEOPLE TO LEARN WHAT OUR PETS DO….. HOW DO YOU WANT TO HAVE COMPETITIVE GAME WHEN PEOPLE DON’T KNOW BASIC SKILLS AND ATTACKS OF PETS / ANIMATIONS. IF PERSON IS NOT RANGER, THEY DON’T HAVE A SIMPLE CLUE WHAT OUR PETS DO, WHY? BECAUSE YOU NEVER FORCED THEM TO UNDERSTAND OUR PETS, BECAUSE SIMPLY THEY ARE UNDERPOWERED ALL OF THEM

ALSO, I BOUGHT EXPANSION BECAUSE OF SMOKESCALE AND ELECTRIC WYVERN, if it was for druid, I WOULD NOT PURCHASE EXPANSION, pets saved you, so show our pets some respect…

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

in Ranger

Posted by: Earix.5684

Earix.5684

I’m starting to think that the guy in charge of ranger’s balance must be bipolar…

Earix – GvG Player – Druid / Soulbeast
Pirate Chips [LAYS] – Server Hopping (EU)

in Ranger

Posted by: Geshque.1326

Geshque.1326

I’m starting to think that the guy in charge of ranger’s balance must be bipolar…

All devs in charge of ranger’s balance were always bipolar. And this one went even further. What an idiot u must be to make such gamewise silly decisions?

in Ranger

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

F2 should be smoke field. ranger pets already dull & generic, why make the situation worse?

downed state is bad for PVP

in Ranger

Firelysm.4967

ALSO:

IRENIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…..

Only a Daredevil can dodge it all. Dodge = 0.75s, SA = 2s. Even if you double dodged it, you could realistically still be hit for 6k by the remaining 2 hits. Far too OP. Was always going to be nerfed, it could never be defended in its previous form. It is still massive damage, you just need to combine it with some of your own now.

Exactly, you have to kitten choose what burst you want to dodge, look at mesmer, if they miss first shatter, in 10-15 sec they will perform another, even worst? If you dodge GS skills, you’ll still get shattered.. So ranger is now in pair with other classes that offer OR THIS DMG/ OR THIS DAMAGE situation, so yes, you have to learn to choose. I did expect nerf, but not such damage 20-25% maybe NO MORE, and if you did see, the default auto attacks of this pet, were useless, compared to other pets…. Every thing was focused on smoke assault attack that you complained about and NO ONE SEEN that default attack is underpowered.

IF smoke assault gets nerfed, we should demand revenant sword 3 nerf in mean time, because they deal same sick dmg. And keep in mind, how do you counter this pets attack? WITH GROUPING, you were able to perform the damage burst yes, but if you are a mesmer or engie or ranger or simply standing in the group.. your damage will be split because burst will be spread on all…

People just cry about it because ranger finally has a huge power burst spike if you dont dodge it!

• People never learn to dodge pets attacks
  • people never learn in default what pets do, why they learn other classes skills?
  • people never try to destroy pets to get them on 60 sec cooldown.
  • people never even tried in 3 years of roaming even good players did not care for pet..
    Only skill ever dodged was F2 wolf, but nothing else..

IF NERFING PET, DO IT 20-25% MAXIMUM, BUFF DEFAULT ATTACK DAMAGE, BECAUSE ITS UNDERPOWERED, IF YOU WANNA TAKE 20-25% BUFF THE DEFAULT ATTACK AS WELL! YOU CAN’T JUST TAKE BURST AWAY AND LEAVE DEFAULT UNBALANCED! SMOKESCALE ATTACK RADIUS IS LOWER THEN OTHER PETS, THEREFORE IT HAS TO COME EVEN CLOSER TO ATTACK WITH DEFAULT ATTACKS, WHAT’S UP WITH THAT? SMOKE FIELD WAS A MUST ON F2, ACTIVE STEALTH IS WHAT MADE THIS PET SPECIAL AND MAKING A LOT OF BUILD DIVERSITY, SMOKE ASSAULT BRINGS NOTHING TO THE GAME PLAY BUT ACTIVE DAMAGE.

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

browsed your twitch a bit, and you seem lost regarding the druid. youre gonna have to spend more time tweaking your build…it’s not about the smokescale. you had the right idea with shouts though.

first off, we need like 3 stun breakers now. and at least 3 different condi wipes. secondly, u wanna stack might (and give it to your pet) so u can pressure targets with staff. fourthly, you’ll want quickness. it’s simply not possible to run an effective power build without QZ. lastly, get used to using the warhorn. torch is only viable on dedicated condi builds. in fact there’s only one condi build right now that might be viable.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBMhZakSFKZxWWwhF4axSmgBPTzpB1naQkbi1ksCAHgSm2YA-TpBFABCcIAK4BAIeZAHOBAts/AAHBAA

this is really hard to pin down and it does mad damage. it was so OP that I basically stopped playing it to explore other builds. there is a really strong trap bomber build that plays like a roamer/disabler. and minstrel with glyphs for bunking, heals and support but I’m not sure how viable that is in a team environment.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

The positive side of things.

1) If you play with NM trait line – Use SOTP press F2 + WHAO = 25 might stack for 12-15sec(?) for both you and your pet. Its very cheap way stack might very fast(but not for long time).

2)The some field is on 16sec CD now(down from 24 sec, traited) but not on demand.

in Ranger

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

Looks like Anet being kittens to Rangers as usual while letting other classes keep bullkitten for months and years.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

in Ranger

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

We got a USEFUL F2 skill and u took it away… why???

Because Anet hates us and don’t want us having anything remotely nice.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I’m so angry right now, just why

in Ranger

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

D wow.
E
R
P
^how is that really profanity are you kittenIN serious?

(edited by HEDRO.2345)

in Ranger

Posted by: Norrath.5910

Norrath.5910

We got a USEFUL F2 skill and u took it away… why???

Becuase you and I like to play ANet’s game, and they like to play their game with us

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

Did some testing.

Smokescale will drop it’s smoke field as soon as it’s off cooldown. And almost every time as it’s opening attack. What good is this to anyone in any game mode?

Oh wait, it ISN’T.

Working as intended.

Typical.

Ranger is the only class that gets IMMEDIATE attention EVERY time we get something good/useful. Druid in BWE3 was very close to awesome. Just needed some tweaking as others have said.

HoT launches and it’s gutted.

Smokescale’s original F2 gave us a variety of ways to be useful in pve/pvp/wvw.

Nerfed/swapped 24 hours later.

And let’s not talk about the WHaO fiasco.

But they’re not reading any of this, or caring if they do.

So I digress.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

They should update the pet menu already and let us decide which of the 3 skills we want on F2 and allow us to disable skills as well, which we don’t want, like bird swiftness and spider AoE poison.

I prefer smokefield+invulnerability on F2 rather than just another damaging ability you want to use as soon as it comes off cooldown.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Why not both?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

/broken thread repair in progress

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Changes like this are kind of the reason i don’t play this game anymore..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

I couldn’t agree more, pet skills that require interaction for the user are the ones most worth being in control of. Especially when it’s a skill you’ll want to use out of combat. The only thing that’s been retained is that the Smokescale evades when we hit F2. It’d be the same as there being only one drake and giving us control of the crappy fire breath attack and not the blast finisher.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words