Revenant Feedbacks [merged]

in Revenant

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Yes, there will either be 1,000 revenant threads in the main hot forum or they will all get combined into one thread (neither will help anyone).

in Revenant

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

running across a couple of Revenant players in eternal battlegrounds. Is this intentional? I understand that WvW is anything but balanced but, come on.

It’s probalby one of the best ways to test the balance of the new class. If there’s a way to exploit it, people in WvW will find it. If there are balance issues, you will hear it. You can’t really test the PvP balance of the class without actually throwing it into PvP, and not just with a couple people in controlled environment. You need people to tets out all sorts of builds and combinations, against everything else.

The worst that could happen is it’ll mess up WvW a bit for a couple days. Big deal. All servers have revenants – if it’s really totally OP, the worst case it’s going to be a revenant weekend in WvW. And right now the more common opinion seems to be that it’s totally underwhelming. Heck, if it messes up WvW, that’s actually good news – it would mean the class might actually have a future.

(edited by Kitsune.1902)

in Revenant

Posted by: Niquechelle.2015

Niquechelle.2015

For starters I decided to quit the Revenant beta after about 30 mins. so I can’t say much about the class only what made me quit.

First, I know I’m not one to easily get new stuff and thus the getting thrown into an 80 char fully geared was mostly overwhelming for me.
I’d like to had at least the choice to start normally in the tutorial instance instead of getting thrown into LA. If there was any warning that the character would be fully leveled I probably missed it.

After some thinking this beta is probably something for ppl who want to try everything at once, but not really for ppl who want to take their time figuring things out.

The first things I noticed is that I had 3 boxes for gear and full weaponsets in my inventory, of course that filled up pretty quickly. After checking what kind of weapons I could even use I made the mistake to open the boxes with sigils and runes – inventory full again.

I think one box of armor would have been totally ok for me, but other ppl might want to try more. I’ve got no idea how to solve it, add a beta vendor probably?

Overall the whole checking what I need and what I can’t even use took a lot of time. And then the real stress kinda started. Since all 3 legends were unlocked at once I didn’t really know where to begin looking. For me it was just a case of “too much input”, I tried a bit of this and a bit of that but really couldn’t wrap my head around it all.
For the next time I’d really would appreciate if I just had all the points for the traits but could unlock them when I’m comfortable with the skills I already have.

What was a little off putting as well is the fact that figuring stuff out, I couldn’t even ask my guildies for help or talk to them at all, since there was no guild chat available. I don’t know the reason but I’m not one going to map chat if I can’t figure stuff out, I’d rather ask guildies or friends first, so I felt pretty on my own.

I’d really like to see /g chat enabled for the next beta. I don’t know if I give the revenant another try this weeking, focusing on one thing at a time but I wanted to leave this here as feedback, since that’s what a beta is for after all

I’m pretty aware that’s not how it is for everyone, and wish fun to the rest playing the class atm.

in Revenant

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

not too impresed with the reve skills atm, never been too fan of support and condition builds though, hope they release the zerker oriented spec weps (apparently sword/sword) and zerker oriented legend soon (one allready implied to be glint, and also shield weapons)

rewarding the class mechanic, is interesting though, the lack of weapon swap and only 2 F skills makes is noob friendly, way more than ele/engi (those 4-5F buttons) and the always on demand skills thanks to energy promise a tactical gameplay and able to easily adapt to any change in battle

in Revenant

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

Ventari feedback

Ventari’s base amounts are too high. In full zerker gear, the tablet passing through you heals for 800, meaning a net gain of 400 health/second without building any healing power. If you do go for healing power, you get a net gain of 550 hp/s, and this isn’t including any ‘on-heal’ effects from runes/traits. This is too much healing to the group/second without building for a support role. I suggest lowering the base amount and perhaps upping the healing power ratio to compensate so that it is still a decent group utility skill — if you build for support. Another possible fix would be to leave the current effect but increase the cd on the Ventari heal to 5-8s which would put it more inline with the passive healing abilities of other classes and cut down on the next problem:

adept trait blinding truths. every time you move your tablet (every 2s) 5 enemies are blinded for 5s. leading to a huge amount of damage mitigation.This trait either needs an internal cooldown (suggested at 5-10s ICD) or to be moved to the grandmaster slot.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

So basically revenant couldnt fight its way out of a wet paper bag. DPS so low ambient creatures make fun of you.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

Empowerying Misery – mallyx heal skill, maybe add 2 sec of resistance?

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

searing fissure should be 2 sec cuz 3 is too long

in Revenant

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yes, there will either be 1,000 revenant threads in the main hot forum or they will all get combined into one thread (neither will help anyone).

This is very true. I’d rather read the feedback in a contained area

in Revenant

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

First, I know I’m not one to easily get new stuff and thus the getting thrown into an 80 char fully geared was mostly overwhelming for me.
I’d like to had at least the choice to start normally in the tutorial instance instead of getting thrown into LA. If there was any warning that the character would be fully leveled I probably missed it.

All of the betas are like that. The weekend would not make much sense if we were just grinding to 80 so everything was unlocked to test.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malric Flame.3895

Malric Flame.3895

I just ran a Revenant in PvE and enjoyed the first few minutes of play. Then everything was boring and done with. The vengeful Hammer was the coolest skill there. There were good possibilities on all skills but seem to be missing something. The hammer skills were fun but slow and it just felt like running my Warrior. The axe and mace combo was my favorite but still missing that spiritual touch. The staff was non-impressive it lacked effect. The look of the Revenant was amazing but needed a little more color touch in the hands, leggings, and boots. I think what everyone is looking for is the Ritualist soul abilities. Summoning souls from the dead to fight beside you or give boons for support was one of the creative parts of them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

Ventari feedback

Ventari’s base amounts are too high. In full zerker gear, the tablet passing through you heals for 800, meaning a net gain of 400 health/second without building any healing power. If you do go for healing power, you get a net gain of 550 hp/s, and this isn’t including any ‘on-heal’ effects from runes/traits. This is too much healing to the group/second without building for a support role. I suggest lowering the base amount and perhaps upping the healing power ratio to compensate so that it is still a decent group utility skill — if you build for support. Another possible fix would be to leave the current effect but increase the cd on the Ventari heal to 5-8s which would put it more inline with the passive healing abilities of other classes and cut down on the next problem:

adept trait blinding truths. every time you move your tablet (every 2s) 5 enemies are blinded for 5s. leading to a huge amount of damage mitigation.This trait either needs an internal cooldown (suggested at 5-10s ICD) or to be moved to the grandmaster slot.

About 5000 / 10 seconds, 10,000 / 20 seconds. I don’t know if that really breaks anything. You’re assuming there that people actually stay where you can use your tablet on them constantly and effectively. Guardian can go pretty high with healing power too if you really focus on it, although I don’t have any exact numbers. With ranger, without any particular healing power focus, I can throw out 2k per 10 seconds from healing spring and about another 2k per 10 seconds from constant regeneration, so about 8,000 / 20 seconds. And ventari – unlike my ranger – is fully support oriented. So I don’t see a big problem there.

As for the blind, it sounds effective, but thief can be pretty efficient blind machine too if you go that route (e.g. sword/pistol). The duration itself isn’t much of an issue since it ends on the next attack, but 2 second cooldown sounds pretty strong. Can’t say much more without actually trying it out on practical situation.

(edited by Kitsune.1902)

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Make the Ipad spawn instant. Its hard to locate with the delay spawn and in traffic.

in Revenant

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

All of the betas are like that. The weekend would not make much sense if we were just grinding to 80 so everything was unlocked to test.

It would’ve been nice if there had been a choice. Surely the low level play needs to be tested as well?

I quit as soon as I saw I started as an 80, by the way. Not interested.

in Revenant

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Thoughts Thus Far:

First and foremost, Ventari base damage and healing is much, much too high. Of all the weapons, staff has much higher damage per second than hammer or mace/axe in full berserker, as well as insane healing rates on top of that which I was under the impression ANet didn’t want happening.

Jalis/Hammer just feels underwhelming all around, sadly. Poor damage, clunky skills and just doesn’t feel good to play at all in my opinion

Mallyx is super fun to play as a condi spec, but I feel his play style is a corruption necromancer on steroids. Mallyx in it’s current iteration will make playing a corruption necro completely pointless as Mallyx outclasses it in every way (Something that many Necromancer forumites predicted and has sadly come to pass)

Overall very mixed feelings about the Revenant right now, it seems the balance is completely all over the place

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

in Revenant

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

Ventari feedback

About 5000 / 10 seconds, 10,000 / 20 seconds. I don’t know if that really breaks anything. You’re assuming there that people actually stay where you can use your tablet on them constantly and effectively. Guardian can go pretty high with healing power too if you really focus on it, although I don’t have any exact numbers. With ranger, without any particular healing power focus, I can throw out 2k per 10 seconds from healing spring and about another 2k per 10 seconds from constant regeneration, so about 8,000 / 20 seconds. And ventari – unlike my ranger – is fully support oriented. So I don’t see a big problem there.

As for the blind, it sounds effective, but thief can be pretty efficient blind machine too if you go that route (e.g. sword/pistol). The duration itself isn’t much of an issue since it ends on the next attack, but 2 second cooldown sounds pretty strong. Can’t say much more without actually trying it out on practical situation.

My main concern was that these numbers were in zerker gear. If you spec for healing, sure, splash it out, enjoy. But the numbers for group healing are a little high for zerker stats. This is also without using the other ventari skills for group healing (#8 heals for about 1500 to the group in zerker, and #9 heals for 400 per removed condi (up to 3 removed).

I really like Ventari and staff, but its base values are not quite what I expected — though it may make Zealots gear a thing.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Ventari feedback

My main concern was that these numbers were in zerker gear. If you spec for healing, sure, splash it out, enjoy. But the numbers for group healing are a little high for zerker stats. This is also without using the other ventari skills for group healing (#8 heals for about 1500 to the group in zerker, and #9 heals for 400 per removed condi (up to 3 removed).

I really like Ventari and staff, but its base values are not quite what I expected — though it may make Zealots gear a thing.

Yeah, but even in zerker gear you hit like a wet noodle so… the healing is the only way to stay alive.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Dwarf feels balanced. Love the tablet. Mal’s conditions feel eh.
Great sustain, but hits like a wet noodle. Maybe buff mace and hammer.
Finding myself playing a lot of staff, which is great I love the melee staff and really just sticking with tablet.

in Revenant

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s kind of hard to test the revenant when mesmers are 1-shotting everyone at your spawn. Basically we are testing a class in a completely unbalanced environment.

I can tell you one thing: if the revenant is supposed to be balanced, it is by far the hardest class to play. By the time I do any damage on a mesmer (with 2500 power I can barely hit above 2k), if I am lucky, he will have done over 22k and will be spiking me.

Skills feel really slow, and the class damage feels really weak.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aralicia.6157

Aralicia.6157

Agreed, but it may be a bit late now to do hit. The flood is already starting.

in Revenant

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

Anyone else think they should change the tablet visuals a bit so it’s clearer which one belongs to you? Doing events with 3+ ventaris can make it a little tough unless you intend to always move the tablet before activating other skills. Could see this being an issue in WvW particularly.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Revenant

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It’s kind of hard to test the revenant when mesmers are 1-shotting everyone at your spawn. Basically we are testing a class in a completely unbalanced environment.

We have a chance since it’s affecting revenant!!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

The way you control Ventari tablet feels really annoying and totally clunky. Like really clunky.

in Revenant

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The way you control Ventari tablet feels really annoying and totally clunky. Like really clunky.

Yes it should be instant. By the time you move it somewhere or activate a skill some other classes do 15-20k damage.

in Revenant

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

The class feels so weak compared to others that when a Revenant is on a team, it’s pretty much a 4v5.

Conditions just absolutely eat this class alive. CC’s equally decimate this class as well.

Ventari just seems so out of place with Staff and the healing mechanism of the tablet is kind of odd… having it pass through players to heal is such a tricky thing that you can spend more time micro managing it than actually focusing on the fight.

A lot of thought was put into Revenant but I feel like they did things massive differently just to be different and not what works.

For PvE, I’m sure this class is fine but for WvW/PvP, I see nothing but loot bags coming from Revenants.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Revenant

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

One of the skills we are forced to take when using the Mallyx legend is a skill that pulls all negative conditions from allies and gives them to you, granting you 1s of resistance for each condition.

This is nowhere near an even trade….. unless every condition your team is suffering from lasts only 1s.

If you pull 2 stacks of burning off of all of your party members, you are going to kill yourself as the resistance will last 1 second.

I think I’ve killed myself with condition damage borrowed from my teammates more than anything else so far.

Also…. are we still missing trait lines?

Currently there is no point in even trying to play revenant because we have no real build diversity options.

in Revenant

Posted by: Duke of Thorin.7425

Duke of Thorin.7425

So basically revenant couldnt fight its way out of a wet paper bag. DPS so low ambient creatures make fun of you.

This.

in Revenant

Posted by: Prowie.7460

Prowie.7460

so Anet releases revenant with old dmg modifiers ? GG

Prowie – Ultimate Dominator
GvG Veteran

in Revenant

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

After playing with the revenant, I feel like there’s a severe lack of variety in the available weapon skills. Engineers and Elementalists cannot weapon swap, but they have weapon kits, and elemental alignments that change what their 1-5 skills do. That more than makes up for their inability to swap weapons.

The revenant does not have any such mechanic.

Being able to switch utility skill sets does not make up for this huge shortcoming. Many of the skills are party support skills, not damage dealers, and ones like Ventari’s skills cannot deal damage at all!

The revenant also has a very, very small amount of available weapons, which makes the issue even worse.

In my opinion, both of these issues need to change because they make the revenant feel extremely limited in playstyle. If I want to play a condi revenant, I basically have to go axe/mace, which means I have NO ranged weapon attacks … and to me that is inexcusable. I need to be able to switch to a ranged weapon in times that melee is not preferable.

Likewise, if I am in a position where I must switch to ranged attacks with the hammer (which I must do out of combat), I now cannot deal condition damage with any weapon skill. I can swap to Demon Stance, but that merely grants me: 1 ability that gives confusion, and 1 that gives torment. And both only have a range of 600. That’s it. This is ridiculous, no other class has such few options.

TL;DR The ability to swap between 2 sets of utility skills does not make up for the incredibly limiting weapon options.

(edited by Ausfer.1853)

in Revenant

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Currently, every weapon feels very solidly stuck exclusively to a specific legend, which is incredibly restrictive and doesn’t feel very good to play.

I’d suggest One of two options to remedy this:

1. Implementing a system akin to the elementalist where each weapon has a different skillset based on your currently active legend. It would make being unable to weapon swap feel much less restrictive and give the revenant a better feel.

Currently legend swapping is borderline pointless due to each weapon only being designed to work with one specific legend, and being unable to swap weapons out of combat means that legend swapping in combat will only serve to alter your utility skills (usually a bad thing without adjusting your build accordingly first).

2. Allowing weapon swap on legend swap (ie, having a weapon in the secondary weapon slot that got swapped to when swapping legends, and vice-versa). This I feel would be the more practical and easy to implement solution, requiring the least development time while still making legend swapping in combat feel much better than it currently does.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

(edited by rapthorne.7345)

in Revenant

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

They’re already merging threads, it’s a horrible mess right now.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

in Revenant

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

This is really sad, revenant is less dangerous than a single wvw camp guard. I literally just spent 30 minutes trashing every rev I 1v1’ed on pure zerker necro, without ever touching lich form or death shroud.

It has no damage, no sustain and no reason to exist. Seriously watch a revenant (any spec) try to duel a medi guard….it will make you cry.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in Revenant

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

TL;DR The ability to swap between 2 sets of utility skills does not make up for the incredibly limiting weapon options.

This 1000X

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in Revenant

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Revenants should have two weapon slots, but only switch them when changing legends.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

This 1000X

Currently, every weapon feels very solidly stuck exclusively to a specific legend, which is incredibly restrictive and doesn’t feel very good to play.

I’d suggest One of two options to remedy this:

1. Implementing a system akin to the elementalist where each weapon has a different skillset based on your currently active legend. It would make being unable to weapon swap feel much less restrictive and give the revenant a better feel.

Currently legend swapping is borderline pointless due to each weapon only being designed to work with one specific legend, and being unable to swap weapons out of combat means that legend swapping in combat will only serve to alter your utility skills (usually a bad thing without adjusting your build accordingly first).

2. Allowing weapon swap on legend swap (ie, having a weapon in the secondary weapon slot that got swapped to when swapping legends, and vice-versa). This I feel would be the more practical and easy to implement solution, requiring the least development time while still making legend swapping in combat feel much better than it currently does.

I agree with some of the weapon skills being changed with Legend swap. What would be asthetically pleasing would be to change the animation styles of the skills too for each Legend.

I don’t agree with Weapon swap, IE #2 or otherwise, at all though.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Revenant

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

feals like the buff on revn every ting thad was ususlyes on pve and and what dung player dont one see in there runes rev just lag dps skill and to many healing skill ivend trade are more healing tipe o and if u cant read it ad first i am dylexic just try to ting it

(edited by tonny.7580)

in Revenant

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

feals like the buff on revn every ting thad was ususlyes on pve and and what dung player dont one see in there runes rev just lag dps skill and to many healing skill ivend trade are more healing tipe

this hurts my brain

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Revenant

Khenzo.2465

My general Ventari/staff feedback.

I still would really like some sort of reworking of the tablet control system.

It feels like they’ve tried to make the Rev different from the other classes for the sake of doing it.

Like melee staff!

Ranged hammer!

(Both of which are not a problem, but you get my point. Trying to make the new kid on the block a special snowflake)

Then they give Ventari this controllable iPad to command around. Without taking the class into PvP you can obviously see trying to micromanaging this things postion is just (likely, imo) to cause more headache and annoyance over anything else. Sure it promotes a little skill I guess with it being a skillshot, but is it really worth it? To make a whole legends mechanic really gimmicky, clumsy, and clunky just to try and make it stick out?

What happens if you are being chased off node, you’re low on health, condis eating at you, you’re dodging vital attacks like a mad man, whilst trying to spam the iPad through your character for the heal.

If you are not being focused in a team fight on node, and your allies are clumped up sure you’d be able to send it majestically through them for some heals. But otherwise it’s just irratable.

I’d prefer it if the tablet was like it is now, untargettable, unkillable, but it isn’t moveable, the skill 6 being like a regular heal. The tablet is attached to your characters model sort of thing, similar to how the Engineer drones in the HoT cinematic appeared to be apart of the Engineers model its self, and not a secondary extension.

And not to mention the fact you have to summon the tablet before you can even use it, now if you get suddenlty bursted that extra time to summon and then use it to heal can make the difference between being killed or suviving.

That’s my little feedback on Ventari.

Staff:

I really enjoy the staff. The damage felt absolutely awful, but I gather that this issue is because it’s aimed to be Ventaris support weapon.

But the staff auto healing orbs also felt clumsy aswell, sorta. What happens if you’re attacking and moving and they are spawning in directions you aren’t moving in? I’d prefer is the auto chain ended with a small PBAoE heal.

I don’t get how they want these little orbs and click to move mechanics, they aren’t exactly skillful, well, they are, but no where near enough nor fun to warrant the annoyance of it.

My feedback so far.

(edited by Khenzo.2465)

in Revenant

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

o and revenind dont have speed buff skills soo i ting in party combo i just dont see spot for tha class

in Revenant

Posted by: SappFire.5793

SappFire.5793

Feels too slow, currently fine (maybe bit too strong) in support and sustain. Else, nothing impressive
Oh, forgot, impressive default armor

in Revenant

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

This is really sad, revenant is less dangerous than a single wvw camp guard. I literally just spent 30 minutes trashing every rev I 1v1’ed on pure zerker necro, without ever touching lich form or death shroud.

It has no damage, no sustain and no reason to exist. Seriously watch a revenant (any spec) try to duel a medi guard….it will make you cry.

Maybe they decided to err on the side of being weak instead of being strong to avoid messing up the regular game for a weekend. Glad I’m skipping the whole deal though, revenant doesn’t sound like fun in its current state.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

I feel like this is the most agreeable and sensible option, especially due to how each weapon is tailored to a specific legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gladys.3542

Gladys.3542

Have not gotten my Rev beta slot. Why is that :P??? Log in and out and all that stuff but nop nothing.

How do i even get 1 or where it should be.

in Revenant

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Maybe they decided to err on the side of being weak instead of being strong to avoid messing up the regular game for a weekend. Glad I’m skipping the whole deal though, revenant doesn’t sound like fun in its current state.

I think its more along the lines of…. revenant missing its power trait line.

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I’m missing a concrete forum for revenat feedback…

Let’s go?

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

Unyielding Anguish << This skill highly requires some cooldown implemented! On PvP people are being thrown around like toys by just one Revenant, who spams it. I know that the cost of this skill is high, but it is really strong.

And it should have some graphic effect, because right now it looks like a lag. I don’t know something like a portal below the player.

(edited by Assic.2746)

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Ok, so here are my first impressions. I am experienced with all the other classes, but not a hardcore datamining expert on any of them, so this is more about how the class “felt” to me than whether I was gettign 6% less DPS than I was expecting.

Axe: I quite liked the axe offhand. solid damage and movement ability.

Mace: I disliked the mace mainhand. It’s too slow, and too melee given how ranged the axe is. Some might like it, but I don’t. They definitely need to offer more mainhand options for the axe to pair with.

Staff: Love the animations, but it is suuuuuuper weak in combat. It needs way more damage to be useful. Even if it’s intended primarily as a support option, we don’t have weapon switching, so it needs to be useful ALL the time. Maybe keep the current functions if you’re in Ventari mode, but you need more offense in other modes.

Hammer: Pretty nifty, a bit slower than I tend to like.

Legend Mallyx: I spent most of my time in this mode, geared for condis. I thought it worked ok, but none of my abilities seemed really great at pumping out damaging condis. I really never figured out how best to play this. Also, a lot of it seemed to be based on passing off conditions, but there didn’t seem to be any good tools for acquiring conditions. A lot of effects seemed to be based on having at least three conditions on me, but I rarely had more than one. I also had a hard time telling when I would leave Elite mode.

Overall: This is by far the most complicated character I’ve dealt with. Between stance swapping, energy balancing, etc., it really took me a while to get halfway decent at using it. I really never had a handle on which abilities gained energy and which cost them, that needs to be made more clear in the tooltips (I think there were some sort of icons, but could never really tell).

Also, the weapons seem way too specific to a single Legend. If we’re meant to be swapping back and forth between two legends, the the weapons should each accommodate two or ideally ALL legends in some form. Currently I see no point to running Staff outside of Ventari, or anything other than axe/mace with Mallyx, they should ALL have options available to them, like ALL should add healing when in Ventari mode, or ALL should have something to do with condis in Mallyx mode.

The simplest solution I can think of to this is that every weapon skill should function the same regardless of Legend, but each should have one “Legend slot” in its description, which changes based on your Legend. For example if you are in Ventari stance, then every weapon would apply some bit of self or AoE heal/regen/condi cleanse, etc., appropriate to how the weapon normally works. If you’re in Mallyx, then it would instead apply some form of damaging DoT. If you’re in Jallis, it provides block/Protection/Aegis/Stability of some sort. So like the Axe #2 skill currently provides a burn field? Fine, let it do that. Then in Mallyx mode, it provides double the burn, in Ventari mode, it also provides regen to friendlies, and in Jallis mode, it provides Protection to friendlies.

I think there’s a lot of potential here, but there definitely need to be a lot more to it, because I wouldn’t want to run as any of the combinations currently available.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

(edited by Ohoni.6057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Mindgame.7852

Mindgame.7852

So far I see that the Revenant has 0 dps and no speed. The hammer is too slow. I battle one v one in Eotm and did ok, but only due to my experience. Finally got dragged down and stomped. The heal was on cool down far too long. Some skills were blocked out, guess due to that low energy thing….LAME. I swapped over to Staff and ran with two other staff Revs against the Forge master and that took like forever to win on him.

Sorry but I won’t be playing Revenant much in WvW, PvP. Since I cant see my guildies I won’t be running dungeons. PVE ….again…no dps….too slow….

I will play with it some more…but the way it is at this point….I doubt I would even bother rolling one in the expansion.

in Revenant

Khenzo.2465

Unyielding Anguish << This skill highly requires some cooldown implemented!!! On PvP people are being thrown around like toys by just one Revenant, who spams it!!!

I think this skill shouldn’t displace enemies at all. It’s so totally obnoxious.

in Revenant

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

Unyielding Anguish << This skill highly requires some cooldown implemented!!! On PvP people are being thrown around like toys by just one Revenant, who spams it!!!

I think this skill shouldn’t displace enemies at all. It’s so totally obnoxious.

It’s hard to interrupt it, channeling of this skill is really quick.

(edited by Assic.2746)