Revenant Feedbacks [merged]

in Revenant

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Sure, let’s start:

1) Revenant has no way to negate being focused. Even with the current support trait lines, you die instantly to focus fire.

2) Everything is super slow and has a big wind-up. Getting a skill off without being interrupted is a miracle. You’re currently forced into builds with stability since you won’t even be able to heal yourself without it.

3) Damage and condi application are way too low. The only way to defeat someone is to put their condis back on them — something that’s very unreliable due to the short range.

4) There’s no synergy between trait lines. With every other class, you can pick any 3 trait lines and they will have synergy. Revenant needs a big rework to create synergy and actual builds.

5) Revenant mobility is also non-existent. Keeping someone in a fight, or running from a fight is just not going to happen. Revenant needs a CC/snare, pull, or more reliable teleport. The only way to follow someone is axe #4 which misses too often.

6) I’d like to see Rite of the Great Dwarf get tuned to provide stability while cast given that it’s supposed to be a stunbreak. The 2.75s cast time guarantees you will never finish casting in pvp. Adding partial damage mitigation while channeling (bonus toughness like mantras?) would make it so you don’t die in the 3 seconds you take to cast it. You’re basically a free kill/target dummy while trying to cast the ability in its current state.

(edited by Kharr.5746)

in Revenant

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Unyielding Anguish is perfectly fine the way it is. It was high energy cost, has 4 pulses, and is desperately needed by the Revenant for some sort of control. Even then, it’s somewhat random where it places the target so it’s more used for reviving or pealing.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

For now Revenant is pretty much a disappointment. 5 Revs group take hours to clear dungeons, like 10 times more then other classes.

Not complaining too much, since we still have to see 2 legends (maybe the useful ones). However I’m pretty sure I’m not going to use any of the stuff that Revenant has now.

Hammer would be a nice ranged weapon with a decent AA speed.
Mace+Axe is not too bad, but not even good enough.
Staff would be great, but only has AA and 1 skill, other stuff is useless support that doesn’t even support so much (except the healing one, it’s not disappointing).

Among the traits many go against each other, as lines.

Among the utilities maybe 2 are useful. Ventary is kinda completely useless (may help a bit only in stacking situations, but has no damage, can only help tank.. lol tank…), dwarf has skill 9, while skill 10 has too much channeling time to be used effectively, and the other ones are pretty much a waste of time.
About demon stance, I can’t see much utility in pve, maybe pvp. Only nice skill is Unyielding Anguish, but it’s too much random.

If Shiro/sword and Glint/shield are good, I won’t probably use any of the current Revenant stuff.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fel.2319

Fel.2319

I agree Unyielding Anguish does need a CD on it – atleast like 10s would be fair.

But besides that- that’s all I can find overpowered about the rev. It seems to be extremely lacking anything that would actually make it a threat to another class. I didn’t find it’s conditions to be all that threatening. Nor really their utility

Fel.2319 – Maguuma – PM for duels, Idc what u play.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

TL;DR The ability to swap between 2 sets of utility skills does not make up for the incredibly limiting weapon options.

This 1000X

Currently, every weapon feels very solidly stuck exclusively to a specific legend, which is incredibly restrictive and doesn’t feel very good to play.

I’d suggest One of two options to remedy this:

1. Implementing a system akin to the elementalist where each weapon has a different skillset based on your currently active legend. It would make being unable to weapon swap feel much less restrictive and give the revenant a better feel.

Currently legend swapping is borderline pointless due to each weapon only being designed to work with one specific legend, and being unable to swap weapons out of combat means that legend swapping in combat will only serve to alter your utility skills (usually a bad thing without adjusting your build accordingly first).

2. Allowing weapon swap on legend swap (ie, having a weapon in the secondary weapon slot that got swapped to when swapping legends, and vice-versa). This I feel would be the more practical and easy to implement solution, requiring the least development time while still making legend swapping in combat feel much better than it currently does.

I agree with some of the weapon skills being changed with Legend swap. What would be asthetically pleasing would be to change the animation styles of the skills too for each Legend.

I don’t agree with Weapon swap, IE #2 or otherwise, at all though.

I disagree. I like my weapon skills i used so far.

They need to give legends more skills to customize.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Rev is Tanky, but not as much as a Zerk Necromancer (yep), or a Knight Guardian.

in Revenant

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I know it’s been said multiple times here, but just wanted to add my two cents. The lack of weapon swap is proving to be a problem with the Revenant play style. I’m finding myself wanting to switch between ranged and melee as needed, but I’m not able to do so.

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

I am liking Revenant right now. Needs some better damage baseline. The Ipad is fun, but needs better visual effects to know upkeep and location. Hard to look at energy and field of play at same time. Having some indication of the energy on the skill icons.

that would help.

also legends need more skills.. simple as that. They need more to pick from. I like my choices, but some of them arent as good. Some of the Elites need adjustment.

in Revenant

Posted by: Guy.4809

Guy.4809

I think the thing that bothers me about how the revenant plays is that so many skills have cast times and also they don’t have much in the way of granting themselves some of the more basic boons such as swiftness and fury although its possible Shiro/ other traits/other weapons will helps it out with the boons.

Emerl (Thief) – Proud owner of QUIP – ET

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Yep, maybe staff 5 and hammer 3 could make you evade attacks so you have some way to evade burst…

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Sure, let’s start:

1) Revenant has no way to negate being focused. Even with the current support trait lines, you die instantly to focus fire.

2) Everything is super slow and has a big wind-up. Getting a skill off without being interrupted is a miracle. You’re currently forced into builds with stability since you won’t even be able to heal yourself without it.

3) Damage and condi application are way too low. The only way to defeat someone is to put their condis back on them — something that’s very unreliable due to the short range.

4) There’s no synergy between trait lines. With every other class, you can pick any 3 trait lines and they will have synergy. Revenant needs a big rework to create synergy and actual builds.

5) Revenant mobility is also non-existent. Keeping someone in a fight, or running from a fight is just not going to happen. Revenant needs a CC/snare, pull, or more reliable teleport. The only way to follow someone is axe #4 which misses too often.

You’ve basically just described Necro..

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Revenant

Krysard.1364

Sure, let’s start:

At least necro can do tons of dmg, with rev you do the same dmg as a shoutbow with a dps build

EDIT: And you have synergy between traits

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Sure, let’s start:

The thing is revenant is even worse, they’re litterally 1v1 sponges. Necro on the other hand has some damage, if they want to. The have some (supbar) mobility, some way to negate focus fire (plague), … . Rev has almost nothing

EverythingOP

in Revenant

Posted by: ashjustash.4302

ashjustash.4302

Well, all I can say right now is based on what I’ve done and seen while doing it.

And this is what I take as solid right now as Rev stands; you can’t have more than three Rev’s in a group and you can’t have less. More than three and its a dps loss even if we’re all in demon stance and everything takes forever to down. If you have less it seems like the stances frak things up; so far all the three rev groups I’ve been in we get in a single stance and stay there: one in centuar, dwarf, and demon. People don’t seem to be switching stances as maybe they should be, and find themselves wanting to weapon swap.

My advice, I’m not keen on adding another weapon for swapping, but instead allowing all three stances as selectable first. Maybe we do need weapon swapping, but really I keep wanting to go to the stance that I don’t have up rather than weapon swap. But whatever, this is all my opinion.

We ran three revs (two Zerks, one Celes), a guardian (Didn’t say, assuming zerk), and necro (Zerk) in path 1 of Asc. And after explaining how rev works for those who expressed ignorance? We ran through it pretty quick….as long as I, the defacto Centuar Rev, didn’t stack? It was weird. If I stacked we wiped. If I ran about like a moron…we didn’t. Do not understand why. But every frackin time we would normal stack, we’d get eaten alive to the point people were wanting to rage quit. Either this a bug or some odd play mechanic that I haven’t figured out.

I’ve done the run through a couple of times, but not finished, mostly cause I can’t remember to NOT stack and we die. Not to say its all on me and my glory, just observational evidence that when I ran off things were good. I hope I can find another group who wants to figure out how to make it work and we can test, rather than just trying to zerg like normal.

Anyways! My opinions, completely biased and unprofessional observations.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Sure, let’s start:

Imagine a necro without fear and the 2nd hp bar, with less utility skills and much less dps. That’s the revenant right now. Also, necro has way more synergy in the trait lines, more ways to escape (fear wall/spirit walk/wurm teleport) and more ways to close the gap (path of corruption, lots of cripples/chills, spectral grasp, golem charge, etc). Revenant needs similar skills to be even remotely competitive.

(edited by Kharr.5746)

in Revenant

Posted by: ashjustash.4302

ashjustash.4302

Sorry, clarification. When I would stack in Centuar stance, if I stacked in Dwarf or Demon it seemed better. We’d still wipe, but it took longer. Centuar stack was instagib.

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

in pvp revenant is really bad
its dmg is really low even with zerk amulets while its easy to pressure him with no block, evades, immunity etc…
also the mace/axe do lower condi dmg

but its healing bunker build is good (not great) while cleanse conditions, give stability

its seems more wvw play ground

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

The Ipad wont spawn in SPvP now for some reason.

So I cant used Skill 6 at all, but skills 7-9 still allow me to push them, but they dont do anything.

Anet please fix quickly.,

in Revenant

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Sure, let’s start:

Haha the irony. Should I say “3 more years to go” for rev too?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Revenant

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Fighting Revenants as Lock Down Mesmer doesn’t seem to be really an issue so far… but I have absolutely no clue how they work…

And finishing them with slow on you takes epically long. For some reason I enjoy that^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Revenant

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

in pvp revenant is really bad
its dmg is really low even with zerk amulets while its easy to pressure him with no block, evades, immunity etc…
also the mace/axe do lower condi dmg

but its healing bunker build is good (not great) while cleanse conditions, give stability

its seems more wvw play ground

even in wvw its bad…. using some of your skills in a zerg instantly gets you killed.

Try using pain absorption in a zerg full of people who are burning…. you instantly kill yourself.

in pve one of your skills is a well-like aoe… but foes get teleported out of it…. it essentially does nothing more than annoy the kitten out of your teammates.

…and the entire time you are dealing no damage.

Conditions applied to you are supposed to make you stronger in legendary demon stance….. but all of your skills apply condis to yourself and nothing gives you enough resistance to counter it.

The concept of a class that manipulates condis is there….. but it is so poorly implemented that its unplayable.

…even if you did have enough resistance for this condi manipulation crap to work…. since resistance is a buff…. the entire profession is completely destroyed by a single boon strip.

I hope when we see the other trait lines some things are really improved with the trait lines we already have.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

in Revenant

Posted by: Sojurner.8234

Sojurner.8234

revenant good points:

- lots of fun combo potentials
- pretty animations
- not stuck with a single “meta” build; plenty of variety
- generally fun to play

revenant bad points:

- the staff..is terrible – just terrible
- sooo slooowww.. more often than not your downed before you can even get the first skill off
- the same weapon for each legendary stance prevents realizing potential of stance differences
- did I mention how terrible the staff is? really, it’s the worst MMO attack set ever conceived

in Revenant

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I find the staff to be the strongest weapon for the revenant… Granted skill 2 and 4 are rather worseless.

in Revenant

Krysard.1364

I also think actually staff have some future as dps weapon, and some future in general, more than support weapon at least

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I find the staff to be the strongest weapon for the revenant… Granted skill 2 and 4 are rather worseless.

Staff 5 can do almost 6k damage on full berserker gear, but it is really hard to land and on a long cooldown.

I don’t understand why Anet is having a beta wit a class that cannot win ANY fight.

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Okay, here’s my feedback. I’m excited for the revenant, and I enjoyed it overall, but it had several issues:

Staff/ Ventari

1. AA’s healing shards disappear too quickly. Make them last ~1 second longer.
  2. AA’s healing shards are sometimes placed in awkward situations, where you must turn your back and cancel your auto-attacking to catch a shard.
  3. Block skill should deal some damage back (projectile reflection or something else). It’s a cool skill, but it could have been a bit more impactful, I think.
  4. Having to press two buttons (F1 + 6) for the tablet is clumsy. Make it respawn instantly by your side by pressing F1.
  5. Perfectionist players will want to spam the 2-sec heal as fast as possible, to keep the HPS as high as possible, leading to a frustating playstyle. Give it a 4-8 second cooldown instead, but with stronger healing per use.

Hammer

1. Skills feel slow and unrewarding. Either make them faster, or increase their DPS.
  2. Clumsy in melee scenarios. It would be nice if it got some sort of knockback or leap backwards.

Jalis:

1. The taunt skill costs half of your energy bar, has a 1 second casting time, yet it ends before you can even see it (/hyperbole, kinda). That 2 second duration is really, really underwhelming. Make it 4 second instead.
  2. The elite skill’s casting time is too long. Make it 1-1.5 seconds shorter. Increase its energy cost if needed.

Mallyx:

1. The combo costs too much energy. It seems to fun on paper having to chain all those condis on you, but you deplet so much of your energy that you’re left with an elite skill that barely lasts 3-ish seconds. And that’s no fun, considering how cool the elite is meant to be.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Revenant

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

so yea.. pve perspective feedback:

Damage is way too low

Traits are not that interresting and many work against eachother

Skills cant be changed and limit the build diversity extremely

Certain weapons are almost mandatory for 1 legend and useless for the other

Lack of a weapon swap makes it hard to adjust to your foe cause the weapons are
way too much tied to the legends

Visual effects are top notch

Class mechanic is creative and i like it a lot

Is it fun to play? Yes and no… I played now for a few hours, gave a condi build a go, a (as good as possible) dps build a try, a cele build a chance and something along the lines of a healer build but i always had the feel i wasnt in controll. Silly example..but it felt like i would be sitting with a friend on his couch playing a console game and he hands me his controller in the middle of the game like “here take over i get some chips”. Know the feel? Its like its not my char that i play here, its a-nets char. Its not adjusted to my comfort and it feels weird to use it. Sure its a new class and all.. but i never had that before when i tested and made a new class, heck i even felt more comfortable with a thief and to this day i cant fight a vet with it without getting rekt. Even after a few hours that feeling didnt go away.

I however had a lot of fun with just goofing arround, the skill visuals are something to look at. You can clearly tell somebody got fun in the art department with that class… unlike engineer kits cough cough Anyways.. yea…imo the issues of the class lay in the details and some thing needs to get added either skill swapping, one legend that can be put together by hand with skills from other legends or a weapon swap.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

and also they don’t have much in the way of granting themselves some of the more basic boons such as swiftness and fury although its possible Shiro/ other traits/other weapons will helps it out with the boons.

The problem here is, even if one of the Legends has good Swiftness upkeep, since you can’t freely swap between legends and you’re stuck with all five skills per legend, it would then mean that one of your two legends would always have to be “the Swiftness one.” They need to have options in all Legends, or at least in most of them.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Revenant

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Staff 5 can do almost 6k damage on full berserker gear, but it is really hard to land and on a long cooldown.

I don’t understand why Anet is having a beta wit a class that cannot win ANY fight.

Maybe that’s the whole purpose of the BETA :P

The real question is I can’t believe they haven’t half fished the class yet. (2 More legends not out, 1 more traitline not out, many weapon sets not out) An incomplete class does not deserve to win anyway.

Also I feel like there’re many filler traits out there in the minor traits.

Also Rev doesn’t change much from previous Betas, while Mesmer and Ele got out of hand during the process. Rev may live in the previous slower Meta, but not this one.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fel.2319

Fel.2319

Axe 4’s final hit isn’t hitting most the time for me.

Damage is really low compared to every other zerk class right now and conditions are rather meh compared to a necro, engi, or even ele lol.

I’m hoping by the time the class is in more of a final state and such that we’ll have a solid zerk build for pvp/wvw/pve.

Can we talk about how demon stance utilities giving self-conditions? For an already weak class this feels like it’s just kicking it while it’s down. Especially when it’s not offering more than any other class is.

Now I know that Mallyx is suppose to work that way so that the more conditions – the stronger your utility is. It just seems like that you’re punishing rev even more to buff up your utilities that don’t seem very strong when buffed. With the exception of Pain Absorption. (This is just my opinion ofc. I’m not even trying to argue that it should be changed.)

Right now as the class stands. It’s incredibly weak and hard to play well in a competitive environment. For fun? Sure. I love Rev. It’s a really cool concept and has really neat looking abilities.

It just feels like everything else in this game can do what Rev can do better.

Hammer should have it’s damage buffed and some of it’s skill’s cast time looked at.. because it’s way too slow for the damage it’s currently putting out.

Axe really should be a viable power offhand too. That shadowstep could offer up plenty of build diversity when shiro/power trait line is out! The Axe 5 should do more power damage too if we’re in full zerker.

Mace is obviously meant to be a condition weapon, but I think it could still fair well as power if it had it’s damage buffed for power users. Mace could work similar to how Sword does for Warrior. Auto gives good condition stacks and decent auto power damage with zerk, final thrust does a huge hit.
atm, Mace hits like a wet noodle with pvp amulet and pack runes.

Staff felt incredibly weak with zerk aswell and that’s kinda sad.. but I understand it’s more of a support weapon anyway.

Overall: Pls buff Rev up so that it can actually be a competitive class in all parts of the game. Support is about all it has going for it.

Fel.2319 – Maguuma – PM for duels, Idc what u play.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s hard to describe it.

On one side, it’s incredible. Mallyx can deny pretty much any stomp, and rezz and instantly cut the melee pressure. Great Dwarf Elite is amazing teamfight buff, Ventari has fun playstyle with that Tablet.

On the other side, it wants to exist as profession with clear tells, clear counterplay and skillshots in a land of instant damage, instant CC, broken bursts and often little counterplay.

I’m having tons and tons of fun with it. I believe that especially Mallyx and Ventari take way more than any current profession when you want to play good. Throw Mesmer, Thief, Ele, Engi, Necro whatever you got. It beats them.

It’s not only watching your foe, but also your Energy, maintaining condititions, watching Tablet placement and setting up damage sequences at the same time while having long cast times that have to be covered by pre-casted stability, LoS and no “oh kitten” button at all.

You kitten up your energy management, you’re dead.

The profession isn’t complete and feels incredibly weak compared to other stuff out here, is even more vulnerable to focus fire than Necromancer, but…

When you actually do stuff right, it’s astonishing satisfaction.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: numberbb.8724

numberbb.8724

PvE rev
bad matter.

1.Rev cant weapon swap.
2.Melee weapons and utility skill cant ranged attack.
3.Only Hammer (low dps weapn) choice.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

The simplest solution I can think of to this is that every weapon skill should function the same regardless of Legend, but each should have one “Legend slot” in its description, which changes based on your Legend. For example if you are in Ventari stance, then every weapon would apply some bit of self or AoE heal/regen/condi cleanse, etc., appropriate to how the weapon normally works. If you’re in Mallyx, then it would instead apply some form of damaging DoT. If you’re in Jallis, it provides block/Protection/Aegis/Stability of some sort. So like the Axe #2 skill currently provides a burn field? Fine, let it do that. Then in Mallyx mode, it provides double the burn, in Ventari mode, it also provides regen to friendlies, and in Jallis mode, it provides Protection to friendlies.

I think there’s a lot of potential here, but there definitely need to be a lot more to it, because I wouldn’t want to run as any of the combinations currently available.

This is a great idea. I think the weapons should have some form of change when switching Legends.

Overall though, I loved how the class worked. It was quite fun! I can’t wait to play this class in live! Hurry up and release this puppy!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

IMO Revenant are lacking in damage reduction.

I am full defense build, yet melting like zerker without zerker like damage.
—————————————————————

Also Rev should start with more than 50% energy.

Staff 4 need to be allowed to be casted while moving. and Need to add a Damage element to it.

Staff 2 is very weak, both in damage, and in effect. Needs an additional element that makes this useful to use. Cost too much energy and shuts down AA which is far more valuable than this. Perhaps add a self heal, and self protection/resistance to this.

Tablet need to auto reset on respawn in SPvP.

Need to provide better self defense.

Determined Resolution need to be greatly increased.

Forced Engagement need to have its cost and cast time REDUCED.

Rite of the Great Dwarf need to provide DAMAGE REDUCTION to self while casting, and Regeneration to self while casting.

Centaur Legend should passively provide Self Healing.

Legendary Dwarf Legend should passively provide Damage Reduction to self.

in Revenant

Posted by: Maimakterion.5940

Maimakterion.5940

Ok great staying power I feel, though that could just be me not having any other heavy armour classes at 80.

BUT! Pillowfisted. In every sense. Damage is low and slow AND the skills visual and audio effects dont FEEL as powerful as other classes. Which is weird, when your hammer is opening holes in space to let through fire and ice or a long line of explosions and the axe in your offhand is doingthe same, you should feel like youre hitting stuff.

in Revenant

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Good grief, who decided to merge all these disparate threads? I came to the forums to see what people were saying about the revenant, found this thread, and had to weed to through what was once clearly a fashion thread, and another that resurfaced concerns about the lack of an additional character slot for those that didnt/don’t pre-purchase. What does that even have to do with revenant feedback?
It’d be nice if separate threads could be maintained for things like revenant gameplay and fashion faux pas’, and certainly a separate thread for those discussing HoT character slots, yeah?

in Revenant

DiogoSilva.7089

BTW, I would not like to see a weapon swap with revenant. I find that energy management already makes its playstyle complex, and I would rather not worry with weapon swapping. Instead, I think it would serve the profession best to have utility customisation so we can adapt to long-range scenarios better, or have handy cleansing/ stun-breaking/ etc.

in Revenant

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

how im planing my reve to look hope they release glint and sword/sword soon to test the real dps spec

Attachments:

in Revenant

TheBlackLeech.9360

how im planing my reve to look hope they release glint and sword/sword soon to test the real dps spec

cool. here’s what i want my rev to look like.

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

The entire class feels… underwhelming… in nearly every aspect. I feel like Anet is tip-toeing on eggshells, trying not to make something too powerful, and in doing so is smothering the class into not letting it go forth and shine in any given direction. Did some basic field testing in AC story mode, which in itself is not initially very challenging on most classes, even alone. Some points of interest.

*Hammer is useless in tight space close quarter combat. Granted it is technically a ranged weapon, but it has nothing in the way of repelling enemies that are all in your face like many ranged options do.
*All damage output (of every kind) seems dismal at best. Even with full zerk gear the most you’ll be looking at with a critical hit is 2k damage on average. Similar with condi heavy sets like Settler’s. It’s just, not there.
*Ventari is just utterly useless as far as I can tell (like, I don’t even know where to start with this).
*Despite the MASSIVE amount of healing and defensive skills the class carries, their health upkeep is very tedious and requires constant kiting to maintain a decent health pool. Even with tanky set-ups. I’m not used to getting downed by mere dungeon elites, lol.

I will note however:

*Condition mitigation, is fantastic, and all party based. So that’s awesome.
*Group debuffs on enemies.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

“waiting” “Shiro”

in Revenant

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

“waiting” “Shiro”

Shiro better be straight up DPS… Cause the others, just ain’t got it.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Revenant

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Just a couple hours worth of play (all of it PvE), but my thoughts so far:

Hammer: Needs some more oomph. It’s got the attack speed and damage of other hammers (i.e., slow and middling, respectively) but lacks any of the crazy-awesome CC that makes Warrior and Guardian hammers something to be reckoned with. A ranged Hammer with normal hammer CC options sounds kinda scary, so I’m thinking a damage boost might be the way to go.

Mace/Axe: Loved it so far, great condi weapon set. Now I’m just waiting for the dps weapon set.

Staff: Haven’t used this much. It seems… okayish? Though being able to use my Final Rest skin as a melee weapon is pretty awesome.

Mallyx: Trying to balance how conditions boost these skills while not letting yourself get killed by those skills has been a Fun dynamic, especially when traited to gain resistance on Mallyx skill use. Was in a frenzy of burning of energy popping Mallyx skills as fast as I could to stack resistance so I could stack conditions on myself to maximize the potential of those skills without going into condi overload, before swapping to another legend at the last second to pop the condition cleanse skills they had.

And some general thoughts:

-It’s clear that Revenant is currently missing it’s direct damage legend/weapon set. While I find it amusing to see people complaining about how Revenant damage is terrible while running zerk/marauder gear when none of the weapons and legends we currently have do not suit that stat set at all (Jalis comes close, but it’s still kinda obviously a tank/CC legend) We kinda need to see that final piece in action before we can give a reliable overall assessment to how Revenant is compared to other professions.

-no stunbreaks other than a trait is not cool. Revenant needs some stunbreaks and needs them bad.

-Right now the options feel too constrained. Even without going into the lack of utility options with each legend (which I’m sure has be said dozens of times before this post and will be said dozens more before it’s done) There is a clear link between a Legend and a specialization line that makes it feel like that the specialization is both mandatory for that legend, and only benefits players that are using that legend. I feel like there needs to be more traits outside of the Invocation line that can synergize with legends other than the one it was obviously tailored for, otherwise everyone is going to be running with Invocation/Specialization for their first legend/specialization for their second legend and that will just cut the variation between players even more.

-Weapon sets have a similar, though not as deep, link with a specific legend, and I’m hoping that future Legends will have some skills or effects that would also work well with a currently existing weapons.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

My thoughts on Rev are it feels clunky, but has so much potential to be great.

For me:

Hammer: Love the range of it, skill 3 is a bit annoying though because it changes the camera angle, also the hammer feels slow and clunky

Staff: Tried Ventari and Staff. Didn’t like any of it (well, not everything, the animations are nice!). Damage is poor and it’s too focused on healing, leaving you to not really do much damage – kinda like water staff ele (though at least their skill #2 deals a decent amount of dmg). Will probably give this weapon and trait line a miss for me personally.

Mace/Axe: I love the Temporal Rift skill the most here (not liking the poor range on mace/axe though – I think a range of 600 would be better for skills #1,2,3 and 4, and keep temporal rift’s range of 900), but it frustrates me that it can’t be ground targeted. I want to pull people off towers in Edge of the Mists, like Mesmer’s can with their focus #4. This skill has SO much potential. Perhaps add a trait which makes it ground targetable so you can control where the rift is placed. Also making it unblockable would make it perfect! Sorta like how necro’s have traits which make certain skills unblockable.

I’d also like to see more skill variety. While it’s nice to have the option of channelling another legend, limiting our utility skills to what.. 3 or 4? It’s pretty frustrating. Like others say, needs more stun break. Would love to see a few signets or shouts too. Perhaps a passive heal signet and a shout that breaks stuns.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in Revenant

TheBlackLeech.9360

“waiting” “Shiro”

SHIRO FOR REVENANT 2015!

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

The more I’m playing revenant, the more I think the mechanic of the class is just horrible. I love the idea of legend swapping, but honestly it doesn’t go well with one weapon tied to the class. The legends have very little synergy and it’s going to be hard to make some viable build. I think I would like change of weapon skills better than utilities, those are usually weaker and don’t have much of an impact.

The whole damage is vay too low, condition application is problematic and the lack of stunbreaks is sad. I really don’t understand the idea to give a skill with almost 3 second cast time a stunbreak, just bad.

I also tried Ventari/Jalis healing spec and that’s totally unviable. While the healing might be decent, you have absolutely no defense and any healing you get doesn’t matter at all.

Overall, I’m quite disappointed. I’m hoping that Shiro will be at least good, but then we have the issue of not having any synergy with the remaining legends.

I love the artwork and animations, really, but it seems like ANet is only good at that now and forgot how to design a class. :/

Edit: Also the cast times are quite bad, 1 second on so many skills.

(edited by Laraley.7695)

in Revenant

DiogoSilva.7089

I love the artwork and animations, really, but it seems like ANet is only good at that now and forgot how to design a class. :/

I’d say the revenant is better designed than most other classes, it just needs more polish.

in Revenant

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

Playing against Rev in pvp is confusing, and not in a good way.

During my first match against a Rev today I thought I was lagging, kept checking my ping the whole way through, then I realised it was their displacement skill, it’s really awful.

I get that it’s meant to be disorientating, but just blinking back and forth like you are rubberbanding isn’t good, it just looks like you are bugging out….it needs some sort of transition.

in Revenant

Posted by: Harmadda.5971

Harmadda.5971

Sure, let’s start:

6) I’d like to see Rite of the Great Dwarf get tuned to provide stability while cast given that it’s supposed to be a stunbreak. The 2.75s cast time guarantees you will never finish casting in pvp. Adding partial damage mitigation while channeling (bonus toughness like mantras?) would make it so you don’t die in the 3 seconds you take to cast it. You’re basically a free kill/target dummy while trying to cast the ability in its current state.

^ Succinct and accurate.

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

“waiting” “Shiro”

SHIRO FOR REVENANT 2015!

LOL funny but true!!!

Save us!!!

on a side note.

Forceful Displacement sometimes allow enemy players to finish us off when used while they casting finisher. Even if at a distance.