Rofl Rev changes coming

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

You pretty much have to drop Salvation to try Mallyx/Ventari at all and go Herald/Corruption/Retribution.
You simply cannot handle the CC and even with that, you’ll be EXTREMELY weak to Signet Necros, especially after the next patch.
Salvation just doesn’t bring enough to the table for the Revenant; it’s way too focused on healing allies and the stance itself is also awful at keeping the Revenant alive. Aside from the Projectile destruction, the other skills are terrible and way too costly to use in an actual fight, let alone aiming them.

You are probably right but even with this combination you are weak to CC can only barely heal yourself while in ventari and are useless towards healing others you wouldn’t use anything but PS, PE and EE. Sage amulet would be even worse and you would probably be better off picking another legend at this point anyways.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

people just go sword AA cause it’s the only viable way to dps consistently, energy pool and costs is terrible to even try using skills for dps.

I’ve been saying this since the beta weekends but I guess it takes someone else saying it for anyone to agree that such an obvious flaw exists.

thats what I been doing wrong… totally in my face the whole time… lol

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Lets also note that outside of mesmer everyone else got buffed. Rev nerfs+everyone else buffed around?

Like superior boon corruption for necro? Diamond skin wiping 1 condi/sec (rev has no coverage with trash condi). As condi rev you cant really fight these classes anymore, you be destroyed and teabagged. Our only option vs condi that is resistance is gone basically.

Power damage? Thief will superior and the one that can actually focus and single out targets in teamfights, unlike rev that gets weaker the moment someone show up so i dont see a reason to take rev over thief now. Also worth of a note that thief already counter rev.

See you in season 3, maybe

unlike other classes, this class is very limited on choices. Lets buff other choices before we start to nerf everything to the ground. just saying.

new baseline weapons would be a start. also more baseline legends to pick from.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Lets also note that outside of mesmer everyone else got buffed. Rev nerfs+everyone else buffed around?

Like superior boon corruption for necro? Diamond skin wiping 1 condi/sec (rev has no coverage with trash condi). As condi rev you cant really fight these classes anymore, you be destroyed and teabagged. Our only option vs condi that is resistance is gone basically.

Power damage? Thief will superior and the one that can actually focus and single out targets in teamfights, unlike rev that gets weaker the moment someone show up so i dont see a reason to take rev over thief now. Also worth of a note that thief already counter rev.

unlike other classes, this class is very limited on choices. Lets buff other choices before we start to nerf everything to the ground. just saying.

I think we should be realistic instead.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

They delete it faster so youre left with nothing else but shiro/glint. So much about “packages where everything is strong and viable”. At this point we should get ability to mix n match skills as they kittened big time. Just like with no cd utility skills cus we have energy management and that is “our” cooldown. 4 days later cd’s slapped on everything, phase traversal fails to teleport most of the time to this day.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Please nerf this game breaking profession.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I tested ret/devastation/salvation with mesmer runes, cleric’s amulet, and Shiro/Ventari yesterday on the practice dummies last night and it worked well. Mesmer runes because cleric’s lacks it while it also gives daze (salvation has a daze trait) while weapons were sword/sword and staff.

However, I found that ultimately druid is simply better overall for this role especially since the druid itself is the focus point for skills and not some unwieldy tablet. Druid is limited by CA form needing build up but you’d transform when you really need those skills anyway. The revenant seems to have more reliable interrupts (point blank shot and CA lunar beam are still good but that’s one regular form skill vs. a limited duration form skill) but require awareness to properly land as sword 5 has a bit of a learning curve but is rewarding.

Keep in mind that no theorcrafted builds and setups are final and balancing could be tweaked since the revealed patch notes.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

Facet of Light – Initial activation will now have a cast time. You can no longer use it while being stunned/launched etc

Well yeah because this skill had to be nerved. Because blind people like to smash buttons and this skill was quite strong against mindless smashing keyboard people. For me it was easy to avoid getting the rev any healing before now it will even funnier to kill those few glint/shiro power revs.
I mean glint wasn’t any near meta before (pvp) sure let’s nerv glint so you have to stick with mallyx/shiro. Anet nerving weak things because people still cry about them.
Same with US “Anet he killed me in a 1v1 nerv that skill is too strong” was weak in as a dmg skill in team fights before but sure nerv it so it is always weak.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Facet of Light – Initial activation will now have a cast time. You can no longer use it while being stunned/launched etc

Well yeah because this skill had to be nerved. Because blind people like to smash buttons and this skill was quite strong against mindless smashing keyboard people. For me it was easy to avoid getting the rev any healing before now it will even funnier to kill those few glint/shiro power revs.
I mean glint wasn’t any near meta before (pvp) sure let’s nerv glint so you have to stick with mallyx/shiro. Anet nerving weak things because people still cry about them.
Same with US “Anet he killed me in a 1v1 nerv that skill is too strong” was weak in as a dmg skill in team fights before but sure nerv it so it is always weak.

I can understand their reasoning yet i do not approve with how they handled it.

Their logic behind the nerf was the lack of counter play. Currently if you gank/cc a rev with the heal up he will be back to full and mitigate all the dmg even though he is CCed/stunned/incapacitated. Other classes do not have this benefit. You could even use this skill mid skill animation, which made it quite imba.

HOWEVER the skill was previously nerfed to begin with and no compensation was given. You cannot go ahead and nerf a single skill twice. I can understand a cast time on the initial heal if they reverted the first nerf and the skill went back to 4 sec duration.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

I can understand their reasoning yet i do not approve with how they handled it.

Their logic behind the nerf was the lack of counter play. Currently if you gank/cc a rev with the heal up he will be back to full and mitigate all the dmg even though he is CCed/stunned/incapacitated. Other classes do not have this benefit. You could even use this skill mid skill animation, which made it quite imba.

HOWEVER the skill was previously nerfed to begin with and no compensation was given. You cannot go ahead and nerf a single skill twice. I can understand a cast time on the initial heal if they reverted the first nerf and the skill went back to 4 sec duration.

“You cannot go ahead and nerf a single skill twice. I can understand a cast time on the initial heal if they reverted the first nerf and the skill went back to 4 sec duration.”
Completely agree, i mainly liked tusing this mid skill, if i acidently used UA with confusion on me, apart from that the new change makes no difference tro me as i often upkeep regen anyway, but not reverting this skill now makes it an incredibaly S H H ITTTYYYY heallll. thanks anet, make me pay £60 for new stuff for you to then make the new stuff crap good job!

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

With it not being instacast, I too agree is should be put back to 4s duration

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

AA nerf wasn’t needed and -20% dmg second hit it’s just overwhelming ….

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The problem is that the Revenant causes damage in PVE only with AA, other skill on sword has zero DPS and Unrelenting Assault fail 70% of cases + other weapon set has low DPS like noodle.

Warrior has in raid 40k DPS other class maybe 25k !!!! Where is warrior DPS nerf ?

LOL? Fails 70% of cases? Rarely I read such a bullkitten. I played herald for around 400h now in PvE and it fails maybe in 5% of the cases.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

at least the aa chain was unique.

ua fails indeed a lot. I would say 20%. Also your char won’t attack with aa due to standing in the wrong way.

maybe removing the vuln from the aa would do the job. the vuln could been transfered to other skills.

(edited by raubvogel.5071)

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

The problem is that the Revenant causes damage in PVE only with AA, other skill on sword has zero DPS and Unrelenting Assault fail 70% of cases + other weapon set has low DPS like noodle.

Warrior has in raid 40k DPS other class maybe 25k !!!! Where is warrior DPS nerf ?

LOL? Fails 70% of cases? Rarely I read such a bullkitten. I played herald for around 400h now in PvE and it fails maybe in 5% of the cases.

Best and easier example.

Use UA on Vale when hes next to pillar. UA breaks every single time

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

No new animation for first and second strike either.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

raubvogel.5071

Agree with the animation especially on the first strike of the aa. It looks really bad. Doesn’t fit at all.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Fade to Black.7042

at least the aa chain was unique.

ua fails indeed a lot. I would say 20%. Also your char won’t attack with aa due to standing in the wrong way.

maybe removing the vuln from the aa would do the job. the vuln could been transfered to other skills.

Yes moving vuln to skill#2 would be better.

This nerf is a big let down i even started to look into other classes, maybe necro, but don’t want to level it to 80 either >.> maybe stop playing lost interest, thx Anet

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

If you think a 10% and a 20% damage nerf is overwhelming, then you’ll faint with the +200% damage buff vs single targets that was given to sword #2.

Seriously, this is one of the biggest buffs I’ve seen Anet do to a single skill in the history of GW2’s balance. The balance patch following the next one might potentially have the new precision strike nerfed.

But that’s how the profession forums work, I guess. People love to be victims. They purposefully undervalue or ignore any buffs revealed so that they can cry in peace about the nerfs.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

If you think a 10% and a 20% damage nerf is overwhelming, then you’ll faint with the +200% damage buff vs single targets that was given to sword #2.

Seriously, this is one of the biggest buffs I’ve seen Anet do to a single skill in the history of GW2’s balance. The balance patch following the next one might potentially have the new precision strike nerfed.

But that’s how the profession forums work, I guess. People love to be victims. They purposefully undervalue or ignore any buffs revealed so that they can cry in peace about the nerfs.

Assuming it actually can reliably land.. oh wait. It tend to miss even in melee. No doubt it will be nerfed within a week or 2 tho as anet balance around pleb level. Thats why glint heal gets a nerf once again

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

AA DPS without crit and 2500 Power is 4448 with quikness 6672

Precision strike DMG is 2766 4 sec CD = DPS 691,5

New AA DPS after 10% nerf is 4043/6064

New Precision strike DMG when you attack on single target is 8298 and DPS 2704

On one min boss fight you make with old AA DMG – 266.880/400320 totall DMG
With new AA DMG only you make 242582/363870
And new AA + new Precision strike = 15x precision strike = 124.470 and 45sec AA DPS = 181.935. Totall 306.405/ DMG

Yep this is really good buff but only on single target, in team fight or fight vs many mobs or player with pets will have zero effect. I understand what ArenaNet plans, problem starts in PvP (only in 1v1 situation) this spell will by too strong and ArenaNet nerf him bact to the garbage.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

raubvogel.5071

Staff should be buffed. I’d like to use it but its not really competitive.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

You mean Revs won’t be able to AA with their hammer and Crit like a 1200 range backstab, nice!

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

You mean Revs won’t be able to AA with their hammer and Crit like a 1200 range backstab, nice!

What AAs were you being hit by? Because Hammer AA definitely wont reach backstab damage on any reasonable target.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Be ready for Precision Strike hitting more than CoR on a 4s cd

M I L K B O I S

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Precision strike only hits scrubs. That does also apply to CoR so I guess you are right.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Precision strike will be nerfed in 2 days after patch due to crying on forum, nvm it barely can hit a kitten already. Just watch

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Precision strike only hits scrubs. That does also apply to CoR so I guess you are right.

Precision strike will be nerfed in 2 days after patch due to crying on forum, nvm it barely can hit a kitten already. Just watch

I know right…

Stella Truth Seeker

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Well, until tomorrow I would call scrub anyone wasting a dodge for that skill ^^

M I L K B O I S

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Well, until tomorrow I would call scrub anyone wasting a dodge for that skill ^^

Unless you are in melee you can still strafe it.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

XxsdgxX.8109

Just by barely moving you can strafe it

Stella Truth Seeker

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Just by barely moving you can strafe it

Isn’t that exactly what I said? By Meele I mean inside your target

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

The only thing that sword gains from this patch is a “burst” option on 2 assuming you do..1v1 and they dont have pet etc otherwise sword becomes a joke.

Question if its worth it for huge nerf to ua (and keeping it multi target) and aa nerf? Absolutely not. And given how slow these projectiles are you want to land it by either pulling them with sword 5, taunt with jalis or jade winds.

Doesnt matter in general as you want cast it only in melee range/inside hitbox like whirwind wrath and hope some nasty ele wont apply reflect aura to them.

At this point however if its not usable on anything outside of melee range, why its even a ranged skill still? Thats obvious it should be changed to melee for everyone but.. devs.

Atm “buffed” precision strike and ua doesnt make sense if they want sword to be “singling out enemies” as sword will be even more pathetic in teamfights/ vs pet class but its something that they dont understand for a kitten at all. Sometimes i wonder what they have inside…

Now my advise is to grab popcorn, wait for patch notes and move on.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

The only thing that sword gains from this patch is a “burst” option on 2 assuming you do..1v1 and they dont have pet etc otherwise sword becomes a joke.

Question if its worth it for huge nerf to ua (and keeping it multi target) and aa nerf? Absolutely not. And given how slow these projectiles are you want to land it by either pulling them with sword 5, taunt with jalis or jade winds.

Doesnt matter in general as you want cast it only in melee range/inside hitbox like whirwind wrath and hope some nasty ele wont apply reflect aura to them.

At this point however if its not usable on anything outside of melee range, why its even a ranged skill still? Thats obvious it should be changed to melee for everyone but.. devs.

Atm “buffed” precision strike and ua doesnt make sense if they want sword to be “singling out enemies” as sword will be even more pathetic in teamfights/ vs pet class but its something that they dont understand for a kitten at all. Sometimes i wonder what they have inside…

Now my advise is to grab popcorn, wait for patch notes and move on.

Not to mention the enchanted daggers nerfing that is obviously comming with the UA nerf (coz enchanted daggers is very well syncronized with UA use). This heal is just garbage for now think after the patch…
And now think about the facet of light nerf too. Yeah you’re right they are nerfing the two healing skills of ower two usable legends. Revenant are future pets on battlefield.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

XxsdgxX.8109

LOL, kittening told you guys. 100% nerfs

Stella Truth Seeker

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

You were right… they kittened up

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I am honestly surprised they haven’t decided on any fix whatsoever for Ventari or Jalis, but oh well.

Have to check stuff myself first.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

welp, time to jump off the revenant ship, thanks anet, you ruined a perfectly fun class.

Proud TTS member

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Evilek.5690

welp, time to jump off the revenant ship, thanks anet, you ruined a perfectly fun class.

True lol. I test right now Precision strike and I can say only one thing. 4.5k its my bigest hit on single target with light armor lol

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

True lol. I test right now Precision strike and I can say only one thing. 4.5k its my bigest hit on single target with light armor lol

Lets not forget how slow it fires these projectiles.. ahahaha gl hf hititng anything with brain

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

I just tested it too, my highest sword crit is 7.5k, i can barely even reach 4k.

Proud TTS member

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Evilek.5690

I just tested it too, my highest sword crit is 7.5k, i can barely even reach 4k.

Berserker amulet + pack runes + full DPS build. But dont worry Guardian was hit hard with this super duper balance patche

Attachments:

(edited by Evilek.5690)

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

That’s just terrible…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Dh actually got buff vs condi. There is no reason to pick up rev over thief (that will eat you alive and kitten on your body) or scrapper. Condi? Hail necro overlords.

So Rym, what about precision strike being scary?

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Exactly what I was expecting. I never trust them to do real balance. Balance is supposed to be give and take…..everything they did was a net nerf. Even the things they try to claim they buffed…they added nerfs on those to make them weaker than they started. It makes no sense to me….they buffed the crap out of warriors and thieves autos/direct damage…but nerf ours. I’m pretty sure we weren’t blowing anybody out of the water with our direct damage dealt. Aren’t damage nerfs supposed to be to equalize damage dealt? They apparently don’t understand the concept of controlled changes and control variables either….just nerf everything and see how it pans out?!?

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

ONLY NERFS! WOOT GUYS!
Balance devs seems to really know about revenant’s state it’s pretty obvious! Sword turned to pure garbage, UA nerf=Enchanted daggers nerfs, glint’s heal nerfed and shield heal nerfed (HUGE survivability incomming) and cherry on the cake ANY BUFF TO JAILIS AND RETRIBUTION, VENTARI AND SALVATION OR CORRUPTION.

Well It’s a bit too much for me, i’m going to move to another game til revenant is going to become a class in a all (5 legends usables and overhaul balanced) but i think it’s not coming since next “expansion”.

Jump off to revenant’s ship for an undertermined duration

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Fade to Black.7042

This AA nerfs are way to harsh

They told us they would add survivability but instead took away a lot of it and added nerfed dmg WTF is up Oo

I’m so frustated about leveling my rev ……..

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

This AA nerfs are way to harsh

They told us they would add survivability but instead took away a lot of it and added nerfed dmg WTF is up Oo

I’m so frustated about leveling my rev ……..

Yeah they adding survivability by nerfing it hard! It’s logic after all no?

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Fade to Black.7042

This Patch looked like it needed to be rushed.

Rofl Rev changes coming

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Severely disappointed in these changes. All nerfs, not even some much needed bug fixes? Really?