Upcoming Revenant changes for BWE3

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

It just hit me, if Unyielding Anguish doesn’t have a CD, then this skill is directly conflicting with the nerfed EtD. They both do the exact same thing, pulsing torment in area, just in a different way. Kinda like stability and break bars, they’re essentially duplicate functionalities, UA probably being the winner cost-effective wise. Even more reason not to change EtD!

Your posts literally blow my mind. You seem to be the most unreasonable person in this entire forum. I get that you are upset that Mallyx lost a lot of flavor I am too ,but some of the things you say are just completely void of logic. There are plenty of reasons to use EtD. Reason 1 EtD will be vastly superior to UA on any target that is moving period. You can move out of UA as long as the Rev is near you you cannot move out of EtD. EtD also provides a 10% stat increase where as UA provides chill. They both have their uses and EtD is definitely still deserving of being called an Elite. Please control your rage and use logic when you type.

Both of you are right and wrong, you need to be on a certain area radius for EtD to be effective, if your enemy opens a gap you’ll need to close said gap you have 2 options: Frigid Blitz as if you want to keep decent condition uptime you need to run mace/axe and you’re gonna be out of energy to manage to have high condition uptime: it’s 40 energy for 5 seconds of EtD and that’s just 5 stacks of torment for 6 seconds, UA it’s a total of 4 stacks of torment for 4 seconds and some chill to cover up so torment can’t be removed, sure it’s blind combofield and all that but if nothing changes it’s on a 10s CD and at 35 energy you will be using the skills on different situations, and setting up a condition burst? sure you’ll be at 0 energy and have 2 choices swap legends or die, basically Malyx just changed the playstyle from managing energy and copying conditions to a more straight forward condi spam build. You also have to keep in mind that gaining access to the ammount of conditions needed to have decent damage requires you to foricbly run Mace/Axe, Malyx and Corruption as a base staple for the build which pigeonholes you a lot more than it should.

Pretty sure Roy mentioned UA is not meant to have a CD anymore, and having it pulse 5 torment stacks instead of 4, and reduced the energy to 30. This means you could chain it 3 times in a row if full on energy. That’s a lot of torment, and a lot more bursty than burning 100 energy on an upkeep.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

Pretty sure Roy mentioned UA is not meant to have a CD anymore, and having it pulse 5 torment stacks instead of 4, and reduced the energy to 30. This means you could chain it 3 times in a row if full on energy. That’s a lot of torment, and a lot more bursty than burning 100 energy on an upkeep.

Still spamming UA just for the Torment is situational and not optimal, burning 100 energy on just chill and torment if a player knows what he’s doing he’s just gonna wait to cleanse at around 50% HP and you won’t have enough energy to counterplay, it can be used offensively and defensively since you can use the mace to blind your foes on certain attacks given they’re in the field think of it as a condition version (a really weak version) of combustive shot with defensive capabilities, also I’d rather blast the fire field on mace than just blinding a foe unless it’s 100% needed for survival. EtD increases all stats by 10% which isn’t nothing to sneeze at and gives you just about the same torment for the same energy cost with a bit more of duration.

Basically this just made a PvP Marauder build much more versatile and stronger than the condition build and WvW revolve around Jalis/Glint or Jalis/x, you could just say that Ventari and Malyx will be shelved for a while until they get the traits fixed and effects polished which will require extensive use after launch and I doubt they’ll be meaningful until raids and that will sorely depend on the difficulty of the content, if raids are as hard as fractals 50 then Ventari isn’t needed, and Malyx won’t be needed as there are professions that are just way better with condition builds mostly because torment and confusion are too weak on PvE.

in Revenant

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

Posting my feedback from my Thread cause, yea. I don’t like the new weakness trait, its still RNG procing with a 15 sec ICD. More RNG passives.

Redeeming Protection

• Eye for an Eye: The Redeeming Protection trait has been merged with this one. When Eye for an Eye triggers, you will also gain protection for 5 seconds.
  • Redeeming Protection: This trait has been merged with Eye for an Eye

It was perfect before because of its low 5 second recharge and can proc when your getting 1v2 or when your getting focused in a team fight.

Now you increased its recharge with Eye for an Eye to give it a 45 second cool down and taunt a single foe…

1) 1 v 1 – If someone is taunted they dont really hit that hard when your playing a bunker, if they are disabled with taunt, what is the point of the protection then?

2) Team fight- if 3 ppl decide to target you in a team fight, taunting one person for 3 seconds isnt going to save you, at least if you proc crystal hibernation you can count on Redeeming protection to proc again if your CC’d. With the 45 second recharge I’m not feeling it.

3) Lack of stun breaks – You dont get a lot of stun breaks with Rev and the ones you do cost a lot of energy or you have to use a trait for legend swap which pigeon holes you. Since I run Mallyx/Ventari, I highly depend on this trait to recover from CC.

Now Mallyx.

Though, allies directly impacted this play style. While you were around allies, especially players running support, it created tension and frustration between the two players. You wouldn’t want to be near these other players that removed conditions from you as it weakened your skills.

I really dont know who you got that feedback from, whoever it was doesn’t PvP.

1) You killed the condi application, plain and simple, I used the elite when Rezzing team mates or cleaving the enemy team on point, it was great for punishing team comps that relied a lot on condis pressure. Even when your team mates use support condi clear, you would still get a full bar of conditions cause of the high condi pressure on the point.

2) If you got 1 v 2 on point bunkering, it gave you a great anti pressure tool to keep them off the point

3) Destroyed the use of toggling the elite on and off – Toggling it on to get the 3 second condi burst on players was great cause you can still apply condi pressure while still having enough energy to use my other skills/utilities

What am I suppose to do now? Turn on the elite and let it drain all my energy and just press 111111111111111111111111111 in hopes the enemy is in melee range to get hit.

At lease with copying condis, you could copy a snare on the enemy to keep them in place, now it sucks.

Already was making the Legendary Axe for this class cause I was hyped for it, but now it sucks if these changes go through. Can Anet give me a refund for my gold cause there is no way this will be viable.

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Still spamming UA just for the Torment is situational and not optimal, burning 100 energy on just chill and torment if a player knows what he’s doing he’s just gonna wait to cleanse at around 50% HP and you won’t have enough energy to counterplay, it can be used offensively and defensively since you can use the mace to blind your foes on certain attacks given they’re in the field think of it as a condition version (a really weak version) of combustive shot with defensive capabilities, also I’d rather blast the fire field on mace than just blinding a foe unless it’s 100% needed for survival. EtD increases all stats by 10% which isn’t nothing to sneeze at and gives you just about the same torment for the same energy cost with a bit more of duration.

Basically this just made a PvP Marauder build much more versatile and stronger than the condition build and WvW revolve around Jalis/Glint or Jalis/x, you could just say that Ventari and Malyx will be shelved for a while until they get the traits fixed and effects polished which will require extensive use after launch and I doubt they’ll be meaningful until raids and that will sorely depend on the difficulty of the content, if raids are as hard as fractals 50 then Ventari isn’t needed, and Malyx won’t be needed as there are professions that are just way better with condition builds mostly because torment and confusion are too weak on PvE.

Oh I’m not saying spamming the same skill over and over is the way to go, not at all. I’m just saying it’s a possibility, and considering UA now pulses chill as well, it helps you land subsequent attacks.
I get that the 10% increase is strong in hybrid or even celestial builds, but that was already there before anyway.

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.9743

Spartacus.9743

Dear Roy I really appreciate the way you discuss openly feedback for your project…
I really hope other Devs to get inspired by your method to improve other classes properly..
Anyway, I’m here to suggest a couple of interesting things about UA and EtD:

- For UA, reintroduce displace but with some limitation:
1 – Max 3/5 target can be displaced, if it displaces 3/5 enemies it will end before its duration
2 – Add a simil-boon to displaced enemies: Protection of the mist: you can’t be displaced (4-5 sec duration)
This could help the skill to work properly and to prevent abusing by players

- For Embrace the Darkness, let this skill still copy condition, but choose (up to you) from:
1 – Movement impairing condis
2 – Damage only condis
One of this 2 adds will give a solid meaning to EtD, like a gap closer copying cripple/immob, helping condi Rev to compensate the lack of mobility, or a simple "OH **** " button…
I’m up for the n1

Again thx for the hard work!

(edited by Spartacus.9743)

in Revenant

Posted by: BeLZedaR.4790

BeLZedaR.4790

I wanna ask a few questions about a couple of things about Revenant for next bw.
First of all, the staff skills #4 and 5 cooldowns seem too high compared to other weapons and I wanna know if there’s any attention going on that and if it’s going to be changed.

Secondly, concerning the sword auto-attack, I have to say the animations are way too messy it just looks akward and the projectile part doesn’t work too well because it can be obstructed or even reflected, preventing the revenant from applying any pressure in such a situation and limiting him to sword #3 only.
If the projectile stays I think it should become unblockable, same applying to Shiro’s heal and Jalis’ taunt. But if you do plan to keep it as is how about making it like the recent addition to mesmer shield #5 that will “attempt to bounce back if it hits a wall”?

Thirdly, now that sword #3 is fixed will it track opponents in stealth? Also, were the hammer terrain issues fixed?

Lastly, I think two traits for sword in the adept slot are unnecessary and should be merged, moving dismantle fortifications into the adept slot and making room for a a new GM trait.
p.s. Could Chaotic Release get a cooldown reduction? it feels too high for what it does right now.

Make condi rev great again.
Top 25 solo condi rev S7

in Revenant

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

]
What am I suppose to do now? Turn on the elite and let it drain all my energy and just press 111111111111111111111111111 in hopes the enemy is in melee range to get hit.

At lease with copying condis, you could copy a snare on the enemy to keep them in place, now it sucks.

This is probably the most valid argument to revert the EtD changes. If anything this promotes stale gameplay because it provides a constant passive effect rather than the old EtD flexible gameplay.

I saw someone post a video earlier on a Mallyx Revenant in PvP versus a condi Warrior.
Watch the YouTube clip in which old EtD is used best
Read the guy his chat log in the video btw it’s hilarious.

I would easily sacrifice the 10% stat boost in favour for the condition copy.

in Revenant

Rygg.6237

Oh I’m not saying spamming the same skill over and over is the way to go, not at all. I’m just saying it’s a possibility, and considering UA now pulses chill as well, it helps you land subsequent attacks.
I get that the 10% increase is strong in hybrid or even celestial builds, but that was already there before anyway.
[/quote]
Basically you hit the rights spot, Malyx will be better off in Hybrid or bunker builds… which aren’t as good as the power variation on PvP, and WvW roaming it seems sort of strong since you have more stat customability options plus food the problem is I don’t dig WvW that much to invest time on those kind of gear options, still it’s a hit for survivability and versatility for the ones who like the Malyx gameplay and you guys should make extensive video footage to support whatever changes you think it’ll need, what made the changes to displacement I think were the ton of mocking videos about the displacement being bad.

What bothers me the most is that 2 legends will be shelved, build diversity is still not as good as it could be… it’s not like it’s a big deal those builds are reserved for PvE usage and you basically run anything and still manage to do good on PvE

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

• Since corruption and mallyx is all about being the master of torment and being pushed more that route, I’m playing around with an idea I wanted to run by all of you. Torment is less valued in stationary fights due to the way torment functions. Since torment is the main damaging condition for Revenant, I’ve been thinking about adding functionality to a trait or maybe changing the minor 2 in corruption to increase the base damage torment does while not moving while not increasing the while moving damage to help it become more of a viable option in all areas of the game. What do you all think?

I’m a little confused on the torment suggestion. Will the trait do more damage to stationary targets and less to targets on the move or will it do more damage to stationary and keep its current damage on moving targets the same?

Also you want to remove opportune extraction completely for the new idea you have?
Someone might have already asked this but I just wanted to make sure.

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Basically you hit the rights spot, Malyx will be better off in Hybrid or bunker builds… which aren’t as good as the power variation on PvP, and WvW roaming it seems sort of strong since you have more stat customability options plus food the problem is I don’t dig WvW that much to invest time on those kind of gear options, still it’s a hit for survivability and versatility for the ones who like the Malyx gameplay and you guys should make extensive video footage to support whatever changes you think it’ll need, what made the changes to displacement I think were the ton of mocking videos about the displacement being bad.

Many people seem to forget something important. EtD also copied control conditions like weakness, cripple, chill, etc. In my time with revenant I was running a full zerker build (or as full zerker as they allowed with the gear) in wvw, marauder in pvp, and I WAS using mallyx with it with great results. It’s not just all about power damage wise, it’s also about all that control we’re losing.

That being said, as I’ve pointed out before, I have no problems with displacement being gone. It was unique and fun, but I have to agree it was too potentially gamebreaking in all modes.
Unfortunately I play on a laptop so I couldn’t possibly play and record footage at the same time (I can barely get 20fps normally lol) but I would’ve loved to show off how Mallyx can be put to good use.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I wanna ask a few questions about a couple of things about Revenant for next bw.
First of all, the staff skills #4 and 5 cooldowns seem too high compared to other weapons and I wanna know if there’s any attention going on that and if it’s going to be changed.

Secondly, concerning the sword auto-attack, I have to say the animations are way too messy it just looks akward and the projectile part doesn’t work too well because it can be obstructed or even reflected, preventing the revenant from applying any pressure in such a situation and limiting him to sword #3 only.
If the projectile stays I think it should become unblockable, same applying to Shiro’s heal and Jalis’ taunt. But if you do plan to keep it as is how about making it like the recent addition to mesmer shield #5 that will “attempt to bounce back if it hits a wall”?

Thirdly, now that sword #3 is fixed will it track opponents in stealth? Also, were the hammer terrain issues fixed?

Lastly, I think two traits for sword in the adept slot are unnecessary and should be merged, moving dismantle fortifications into the adept slot and making room for a a new GM trait.
p.s. Could Chaotic Release get a cooldown reduction? it feels too high for what it does right now.

The staff 4 and 5 have high cooldowns because of the utility and usage of them.
Staff 4 gives a small heal of 1,295 with no added healing power and removes two conditions. Which is our big weakness overall so its pretty huge to have that and seems very justified on the 15s CD.

Staff kittens like a truck if you manage to land most of it, evades, knockbacks 8 times, and is a mobility skill. So that long CD of 20s is VERY MUCH SO NEEDED. The skill would be overboard and would need to lose stuff if you want the CD lowered.

Both staff skills are fine as they are now.

As for sword auto It suffers from the same deal guardian sword auto suffers(unless they patched guardian auto 3 actually hitting on stuff it completely missed on before). I would really love it if sword auto two can be fixed to not be a projectile.
As for Sword 3(Unrelenting Assault) should not be hitting stuff in stealth just like before because if it did then that would be broken.

I do wish the hammer issues get fixed though because the 2 and 3 are heavily impacted by elevation.

(edited by Mosharn.8357)

in Revenant

Rygg.6237

Many people seem to forget something important. EtD also copied control conditions like weakness, cripple, chill, etc. In my time with revenant I was running a full zerker build (or as full zerker as they allowed with the gear) in wvw, marauder in pvp, and I WAS using mallyx with it with great results. It’s not just all about power damage wise, it’s also about all that control we’re losing.

That being said, as I’ve pointed out before, I have no problems with displacement being gone. It was unique and fun, but I have to agree it was too potentially gamebreaking in all modes.
Unfortunately I play on a laptop so I couldn’t possibly play and record footage at the same time (I can barely get 20fps normally lol) but I would’ve loved to show off how Mallyx can be put to good use.

The thing is that Malyx isn’t as strong as other specs and that’s precisely my point, people will always use the better options and shelf the weaker ones, that’s how metagames are born and sustained. I ran Shiro/Glint and had no problems with CC or conditions whatsoever while dealing heavy direct damage, all of those are for sure availeable if you run Malyx but the results aren’t the same.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lemondish.3268

Lemondish.3268

• Since corruption and mallyx is all about being the master of torment and being pushed more that route, I’m playing around with an idea I wanted to run by all of you. Torment is less valued in stationary fights due to the way torment functions. Since torment is the main damaging condition for Revenant, I’ve been thinking about adding functionality to a trait or maybe changing the minor 2 in corruption to increase the base damage torment does while not moving while not increasing the while moving damage to help it become more of a viable option in all areas of the game. What do you all think?

That seems like a solid way to go. A bit passive, though, don’t you think? Especially when you just added a whole new mechanic (taunt) that makes people move on their own.

The thing is that Malyx isn’t as strong as other specs and that’s precisely my point, people will always use the better options and shelf the weaker ones, that’s how metagames are born and sustained. I ran Shiro/Glint and had no problems with CC or conditions whatsoever while dealing heavy direct damage, all of those are for sure availeable if you run Malyx but the results aren’t the same.

The one caveat here is that this kind of thinking really only applies to a small subset of the player base: those playing high level competitive content. If Malyx isn’t meta, then that isn’t going to hurt it one bit when 90% of all other builds aren’t either, yet still get playtime.

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

But see, thing is, I disagree that those are (or were, anyway) better options. I ran a condi /CC/tanky build using Mallyx and Jalis and did great with it.

Secondly, not everyone goes for what is called the Meta. Been playing since day 1 and I almost never run zerker.

With this new change, well, who knows. I’ll be trying it out.

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

But see, thing is, I disagree that those are (or were, anyway) better options. I ran a condi /CC/tanky build using Mallyx and Jalis and did great with it.

Secondly, not everyone goes for what is called the Meta. Been playing since day 1 and I almost never run zerker.

With this new change, well, who knows. I’ll be trying it out.

Yeah this kinda reminds me of League of Legends where if you didn’t do what you’re supposed to you would get shouted to death for not running meta.
Just because something is meta doesn’t mean it’s fun. In fact, most meta builds are the least fun of all, since many revolve around stacking as many damage multipliers as possible. Wow, trully compelling and unique gameplay right there. Not everyone runs meta; I find shiro absolutely boring and so I tried to avoid it as much as possible. Also, any shiro revenant I encountered (even more if they were using shield) was esentially a free kill, so I dont think shiro is necessarily stronger than mallyx.

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

That seems like a solid way to go. A bit passive, though, don’t you think? Especially when you just added a whole new mechanic (taunt) that makes people move on their own.

The one caveat here is that this kind of thinking really only applies to a small subset of the player base: those playing high level competitive content. If Malyx isn’t meta, then that isn’t going to hurt it one bit when 90% of all other builds aren’t either, yet still get playtime.

+1 on that

in Revenant

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Mallyx seems to be in an odd spot now. You want conditions for the heal, pain absorption has synergy with said heal and the potential to be ok if you take 3 traits to prop it up. Banish enchantment is pure utility and Unyielding Anguish is utility and mobility. Embrace the darkness is just a supermode now, losing synergy with pain absorption.

I feel like Mallax should be aiming to use Embrace the darkness as much as possible, and that maybe pain absorption should do something else so it stands more on its own.

Embrace the darkness has always felt awesome but impractical to me, it just cost so much you can’t use it really if you’ve used other utilities. This might change now that you don’t have the pressure to use pain absorption prior.

in Revenant

Posted by: KinkyPotato.4219

KinkyPotato.4219

Definitely love the changes…support revenant is looking a lot nicer with the Ventari and Glint/Shield changes. One thing however:

• Purifying Essence: This skill is now instant cast. Decreased the energy cost from 35 to 30 and added a 5 second recharge.

Was the 5 second recharge needed on this skill? We’re already prohibited by a fairly hefty energy cost of 30 which assuming we don’t have any upkeep, needs 6 seconds with 5 pips of energy regen to breakeven. Also, in a game that favours movement in combat, you’ll need at least 40 energy (10 for moving the tablet, 30 for casting this) in most cases to cleanse 3 conditions.

(edited by KinkyPotato.4219)

in Revenant

Posted by: Drazerg.8956

Drazerg.8956

Legendary Demon Stance
In this stance we had a bit of a bigger change happen. Demon Stance was in an awkward place because it was mechanically cool when you looked at it in a vacuum, but when you were put around other players there was this point of tension which was created. When using demon stance you wanted to manage your conditions and try to keep certain amounts on yourself to empower your skills.

Though, allies directly impacted this play style. While you were around allies, especially players running support, it created tension and frustration between the two players. You wouldn’t want to be near these other players that removed conditions from you as it weakened your skills. This isn’t a tension or frustration that we wanted to create between allies so I moved this stance away from focusing on scaling effectiveness based on your personal conditions. As such, the self-conditions didn’t make sense anymore as you had less reason to utilize these so they were removed. Similar to Forceful Displacement, the displace was removed on unyielding anguish and the skill was re-designed a bit.

• Empowering Misery: Removed the self-applied weakness. Increased the base heal by 40% and decreased the heal per condition by 40%.
  • Pain Absorption. Removed the self-applied blind.
  • Banish Enchantment: Removed the self-applied vulnerability. This skill now applies 3 stacks of confusion for 6 seconds instead of being dependent on the conditions you have on you.
  • Unyielding Anguish: This skill has been re-worked. This skill will now leap to the target location creating a dark field which chills for 1 second and torments for 4 seconds per pulse. The field lasts for 4 seconds and pulses every 1 second. Added a 10 second recharge.
  • Embrace the Darkness: Removed the self-applied torment. This skill no longer copies conditions to nearby foes. This skill will increase stats by 10% while active and pulse 6 seconds of torment every 1 second to nearby foes.

Nonono!
I liked the unique mechanique it provided with “Embrace of Darkness”.
An idea to fix this would be to change Corruption Minor Grandmaster “Yearning Empowerment” or to add to Embrace of Darkness the following effect:

• For every condition removed from you while you are in Embrace of Darkness, you are self inflicted with a random condition for 3s (1s internal cooldown per 2 conditions)

Demon Stance felt unique, very different and a was a constant risky play-style with devestating abilities.
If the abilities are changed in this new way, it just feels plain and uninteresting.

in Revenant

Posted by: erharnett.6382

erharnett.6382

I have to agree with Drazerg. Mallyx was my favorite legend. It took some thought to play properly and even though there were draw backs if someone were to cleanse you, that just meant you had to play smart, use it at the right times and communicate (if in a team environment). I feel like these changes are a dumbing down of the class. It feels very uninspired and ordinary now without EtD’s original functionality.

in Revenant

Posted by: Luthic.7290

Luthic.7290

After hearing roy talk about those changes I feel a bit better.

I wouldnt want to lose the torment condition duration but adding a bonus to stationary targets would help in pve.

the change to UA an and EtD seem to me as a pretty good buff in pve now that i read what roy said about it.. In pvp they will still have lost a significant amount of utility. We will still have BE and PA which will still be very strong in pvp. , UA will be still decent node control, EtD i cant see being used unless it loses 1 pip. i think itll probably be fine as is in current pve.

Overall i think its to to make the change to help the pve side and hurt the pvp side.

ps. still sad about displacement loss

Thank for responding and making us feel better roy!

in Revenant

Posted by: Maxite.6102

Maxite.6102

Not so much an issue of ‘power’ but more Mallyx lost a lot of the ‘Mallyxness’ it had going. With HoT nearing release, is it a time issue? If Torment spamming was just a stand in, it would be an easier thing to get over. Otherwise its disappointing to think this is what it will always be.

There were a whole lot of cool things going on in DoA and with Mallyx in GW1. 50% miss globals, dark fields, position swapping, Fingers of chaos, the Black Beast of Argh (Get crazy, rework the demon summon sigil to a trait) and so on. Stacking a single condition is just fairly dull, and something any of the other classes could do.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

WOW I love it when you show off how much you listen to us. Moar!

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

To all the considering the Mallyx changes to be bad, consider the pre change Legendary Demon Stance:

If you play a Mallyx Rev in any group scenario, you’re gonna be next to useless due to the constant condi clears your own allies give you. Your heal skill won’t do as much and your elite would only pulse out torment.

Roy may not have presented the best solution but no pragmatic person would play Mallyx as it was – Shiro or Glint was far more impactful to the team.

Self-applied conditions had to go away.

Condi-transfering elite didn’t need to go away.

I think that’s what the community is generally arguing about in this thread.

Anet can easily add condi-transfering back to the elite while keeping its new function, and call it a day.

Yet Corruptions on Necromancer still function, together with Consume Conditions’ effectiveness based on number of conditions you had. If your allies cleansed them, then it’s the same thing.

They somehow function in a game for 3 years, but Mallyx can’t?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Well increasing the base damage of torment while standing still will be a good thing, but I’m not quite sure it will be enough to make condi rev viable in pve. If condi rev is going to be a master of torment that’s an issue because mobs just don’t move around that much in pve and if that’s our main source of condi that’s a problem. The torment while standing still would have to be significant to make up for this.

Oh I’m glad it seems the recharge on UA was a nerf. It’s really annoying seeing recharges on the utility skills. It ruins the feel of the class. Still would you would reconsider jade winds nerf at least for pve.

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

Yeah this kinda reminds me of League of Legends where if you didn’t do what you’re supposed to you would get shouted to death for not running meta.
Just because something is meta doesn’t mean it’s fun. In fact, most meta builds are the least fun of all, since many revolve around stacking as many damage multipliers as possible. Wow, trully compelling and unique gameplay right there. Not everyone runs meta; I find shiro absolutely boring and so I tried to avoid it as much as possible. Also, any shiro revenant I encountered (even more if they were using shield) was esentially a free kill, so I dont think shiro is necessarily stronger than mallyx.

Even if this were true (I have my doubts) the class is very new so there are a lot of people that just simply don’t know what they are doing on it. The absolute biggest drawback to Mallyx is it’s lack of stunbreaks. If someone camps Mallyx they will be a “free kill” as you put it to anyone with a brain. Just chain cc them and bam they are dead. Overall I like the changes they have made as it increases Mallyx’s damage output ,but it definitely got a lot less useful with the removal of UA’s displacement. A simple nerf would’ve sufficed or at least a fix to make it not ignore stab ,but removing it all together is going to take a huge hit to its PvP effectiveness. In it’s current state Mallyx won’t be meta (which I get a lot of you don’t care about) ,but once people learn the class and learn how to fight it you are going to hate getting cc chained while in Mallyx and not being able to do anything about it. I get that you don’t like Shiro ,but basically insinuating that it is bad is just hilarious. Shiro is by far better then Mallyx. You get a gap closer(currently the best in the game), an amazing stunbreak, on demand superspeed/quickness, and a 5man AoE 3 sec stun. Mallyx can’t touch that from a PvP or PvE perspective.

Oh and you guys realize the nerf to Jade Winds might as well not even be a nerf. You wouldn’t overlap the stuns so even if you wanted to use 2 back to back at 100 energy there is only a 2 sec downtime(3 if you count the cast time) and not 5 as the stun itself lasts 3 sec.

(edited by Griffith.7238)

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Well, Roy, I would appreciate more damage from torment with mobs in PvE (basically all of them in a zerg) because they do not move and you really have to spam mace #2 to get decent damage. Even solo, I applied torment to mobs that charged and just fire to ones that were stationary. Or I spammed torment and then kited… either way felt silly.

I get we cannot just make it another burn or bleed, but it is hard to justify torment in PvE with mobs that never move, especially in zerg situations and definitely with all world bosses.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Definitely love the changes…support revenant is looking a lot nicer with the Ventari and Glint/Shield changes. One thing however:

• Purifying Essence: This skill is now instant cast. Decreased the energy cost from 35 to 30 and added a 5 second recharge.

Was the 5 second recharge needed on this skill? We’re already prohibited by a fairly hefty energy cost of 30 which assuming we don’t have any upkeep, needs 6 seconds with 5 pips of energy regen to breakeven. Also, in a game that favours movement in combat, you’ll need at least 40 energy (10 for moving the tablet, 30 for casting this) in most cases to cleanse 3 conditions.

Nope don’t think it needed the CD either. Especially given how easily conditions are spread in this game and the energy cost.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I think the Condi-Copying should just be returned to EtD or at least SOMETHING unique to give it that “Mallyx” feel.
I actually kinda liked a user’s idea of corrupting your own boons(Exclude Resistance and Stab maybe) and pulsing them out to other players. Gives it a very unique feel, can be powerful if timed correctly, etc.
Maybe make it so it removes all of your boons upon activation and then the correct Conditions get pulsed while using EtD.

For example:
Say I have 7 stacks of Might, Swiftness, and Fury. I then activate EtD and for as long as I have it activated, I will pulse out Cripple, Weakness, and Blind. Actually, this would be INCREDIBLY powerful(and it would synergize amazingly) with the Retribution line, probably enough to warrant dropping the Torment pulse and increasing the cost to -10.

Just an idea that might be too powerful with Retaliation and Stab corruptions being a thing :p

in Revenant

Posted by: Sesundar.3501

Sesundar.3501

Hi,

I played Rev in PVP exclusively in the past 2 betas—totaled 122 pvp games—ranked and unranked matches. And here are my feedbacks and suggestions.

My in-game Rev names are:

• Ghost Whisperper Er
  • Onion Tomato

Axe

• Can axe 5 be ground targeted? It’s a cc skill and I want to use it in a cc-mannered way (the plays) and not as a part of a “skill rotations” like “5 2 3” or “2 3 5” with mace main hand.
  • Imagine a scenario where you’re chasing a target. He is walking away from you. You use your axe 4 to get close. Now axe 4 places you “behind” target—which is right in front of the target. You are now face to face. You use your axe 5. But your target is still moving in his direction so you miss because the rift is placed in the direction you face. That’s the scenario that I experienced a few times, and everytime I wish I could place the rift behind me.

Staff

• Can Debilitating Slam be 10e? I occasionally use staff 2 to control the enemy’s damage output, and most of the time I don’t have energy left to use DSlam.

Hammer

• Can hammer 4 displace enemies in melee range? Just as how ranger longbow can push a target back to give the ranger’s some breathing space. And breathing space is something the hammer can’t provide when cornered. The skill already use the banish animation.

Legendary Demon Stance

• Can Banish Enchantment also apply cripple? I always found myself rarely using the auto-attacks with Mallyx because of the inability to move faster or equal to than the opponents.
  • New Unyielding Anguish‘s definitely needs the 30e. Does the chill and the torment pulse together every second? The wording is confusing. And if that’s not the case, can chill be replaced by Slow?
  • Can Embrace the Darkness have a faster cast time? And can it have a slightly larger pulse radius?

Corruption

• Does Pulsating Pestilence still copy conditions? I actually don’t mind the 15% chance trigger. I’m always worried that the skill can activate too prematurely when no condition is on me. That said, can PPertilence have a condi threshold?
  • I think Replenishing Despair‘s base heal should be even higher with that 1s icd—maybe 400% or 500%. Two seconds of resistance has been much more powerful than what the other 2 traits provide. I’ve always wondered why RDespair and VEnchantment are so weak in comparison.
  • The weakness of the trait Venom Enchantment is that it’s a fully passive trait. Even with the active part (apply poison when torment) is redundant because Mallyx Revs already does that regularly. I think this trait should work actively with the utilities skills. For example: AoE poison around Rev when using Mallyx’ skills.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

To all the considering the Mallyx changes to be bad, consider the pre change Legendary Demon Stance:

If you play a Mallyx Rev in any group scenario, you’re gonna be next to useless due to the constant condi clears your own allies give you. Your heal skill won’t do as much and your elite would only pulse out torment.

Roy may not have presented the best solution but no pragmatic person would play Mallyx as it was – Shiro or Glint was far more impactful to the team.

Anet can easily add condi-transfering back to the elite while keeping its new function, and call it a day.

Yet Corruptions on Necromancer still function, together with Consume Conditions’ effectiveness based on number of conditions you had. If your allies cleansed them, then it’s the same thing.

Function is a generous term, as nobody takes corruptions except for consume conditions (now displaced by signet of vampirism) and corrupt boon let alone specs into Master of Corruptions trait.

in Revenant

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Not so much an issue of ‘power’ but more Mallyx lost a lot of the ‘Mallyxness’ it had going. With HoT nearing release, is it a time issue? If Torment spamming was just a stand in, it would be an easier thing to get over. Otherwise its disappointing to think this is what it will always be.

There were a whole lot of cool things going on in DoA and with Mallyx in GW1. 50% miss globals, dark fields, position swapping, Fingers of chaos, the Black Beast of Argh (Get crazy, rework the demon summon sigil to a trait) and so on. Stacking a single condition is just fairly dull, and something any of the other classes could do.

This is spot on, I can’t see why they can’t play around with the specific abilities whilst keeping the playstyle intact.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Function is a generous term, as nobody takes corruptions except for consume conditions (now displaced by signet of vampirism) and corrupt boon let alone specs into Master of Corruptions trait.

raises hand

Yeah, I know. I’m a wackaloon. My utility bar is consume conditions, corrosive poison cloud, blood is power, and epidemic. And yes, I use MoC. Is it the best build? No, though it will get better with Reaper.

in Revenant

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Roy, this is just an idea but it would be cool if UA had a similar guardian ring of warding funtionality.

I mean the old displacement was great in many ways, one of these was the fact it created an area where people can’t enter, very useful for different uses.

Ofc the fact the old ua ingored stability was too much but for example RoW doesn’t ignore stability so a similar effect it would be cool, probably a cd is necessary in this case besides the Energy cost.

Btw for downed #2 there is big difference between a displacement and kb. With a displacement you basically can avoid the first stomp (like a teleport) but you can ignore a kb with stab/blind. This changes a lot the downed strength. Maybe is a good thing maybe not, Honestly dunno, it depends on general balance.

(edited by philheat.3956)

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I can’t be the only one realizing that now torment application is going to be exrtemely over the top. Be careful Roy, you are creating a monster, and it’s going to backfire.

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

I can’t be the only one realizing that now torment application is going to be exrtemely over the top. Be careful Roy, you are creating a monster, and it’s going to backfire.

Apparently you are the only one cause everyone else won’t stop complaining long enough to see the awesome things he did do to Mallyx and with a trait to make torment stronger on stationary targets. GG.

in Revenant

Posted by: kankanKk.2748

kankanKk.2748

Devastation

Not sure about this change as I never really looked at this trait line. I’m assuming it’s just to help open up build diversity. Feel free to inform me

• Assassin’s Presence: This trait has been moved to master tier replacing the place of Ferocious Strikes. /
• Ferocious Strikes: This trait has been moved to adept tier replacing the place of Assassin’s Presence. /

3) This was asked loudly because Assassin’s Presence is too good to pass on, so you’ll never take something nice like Rapid Lacerations in adept tier. Ferocious Strikes is good too but you do not always DualWield and even if, you might want to take said Rapid Laceration instead of it, and here the competition is fair.

Assassin’s Presence cannot stack. So move to master tier is bad if we have two revenant in party.
You dont need Dual sword to take effect of Ferocious Strikes. you can use sword/axe to take both effect of Vicious Lacerations and Ferocious Strikes.
I use Vicious Lacerations and Ferocious Strikes in bwe running with my friend use Assassin’s Presence and Ferocious Strikes and its optimize.
I think it better swap Ferocious Strikes and Vicious Lacerations. So we can choose self ferocity or party ferocity.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Aight after a good night sleep (actually not since i played till late hours but nvm ) i’ve concluded that higher damage on static foe is really not that great. We all want a dynamic combat in GW2 (even in PvE) and Rev is not exactly a class that can force you to stay still with chain Immob like an engi for example.

So i run some calcs, gathering all the torment application possible.
Yes is a bit scary, there are MANY sources but all are fairly low duration.
You can load up to 20 stacks in very optimal situation, but that would be extremely, EXTREMELY expensive. So atm it seems we have a fast reapplication that can fight well against costant clenses (elementalists? WvW frontline?).
So all in all i think that a condi revenant is definelty buffed and probably needs a nerf in some torment application skills.

Mace / axe are the primal torment application sources, with 3 skills to do so.
Unyielding Anguish is another big applicator.
Embrace the Darkness might be good if the upkeep cost goes down.

I’d touch Embrace the Darkness. I’d really like to have back that elite feel, the joy to see my char® go bananas knowing is going to unleash terrible pain to my foes.
Proposal, retain -8 upkeep and 10% stat increase, pulse every 2seconds 2s poison, 1s chill 4s torment (so max 2 stacks after 2 seconds instead of max 6 stacks after 6 seconds)
Mm this is strong: put -10 upkeep.
Axe also is an offhand liked by power builds too, so i’d nerf the torment application by switching the #5 to apply weakness instead.

Thoughts?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Devastation

Not sure about this change as I never really looked at this trait line. I’m assuming it’s just to help open up build diversity. Feel free to inform me

• Assassin’s Presence: This trait has been moved to master tier replacing the place of Ferocious Strikes. /
• Ferocious Strikes: This trait has been moved to adept tier replacing the place of Assassin’s Presence. /

3) This was asked loudly because Assassin’s Presence is too good to pass on, so you’ll never take something nice like Rapid Lacerations in adept tier. Ferocious Strikes is good too but you do not always DualWield and even if, you might want to take said Rapid Laceration instead of it, and here the competition is fair.

Assassin’s Presence cannot stack. So move to master tier is bad if we have two revenant in party.
You dont need Dual sword to take effect of Ferocious Strikes. you can use sword/axe to take both effect of Vicious Lacerations and Ferocious Strikes.
I use Vicious Lacerations and Ferocious Strikes in bwe running with my friend use Assassin’s Presence and Ferocious Strikes and its optimize.
I think it better swap Ferocious Strikes and Vicious Lacerations. So we can choose self ferocity or party ferocity.

i understand but it was really unfair competition in the tier. I take this also as a little nerf since 350 ferocity basically free is really strong: think that you can get 400 thoughness if you have -10 upkeep in glint and you should see that the two cases are really imbalanced ;-)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Tomtue.6072

Tomtue.6072

Legendary Demon Stance
In this stance we had a bit of a bigger change happen. Demon Stance was in an awkward place because it was mechanically cool when you looked at it in a vacuum, but when you were put around other players there was this point of tension which was created. When using demon stance you wanted to manage your conditions and try to keep certain amounts on yourself to empower your skills.

Though, allies directly impacted this play style. While you were around allies, especially players running support, it created tension and frustration between the two players. You wouldn’t want to be near these other players that removed conditions from you as it weakened your skills. This isn’t a tension or frustration that we wanted to create between allies so I moved this stance away from focusing on scaling effectiveness based on your personal conditions. As such, the self-conditions didn’t make sense anymore as you had less reason to utilize these so they were removed. Similar to Forceful Displacement, the displace was removed on unyielding anguish and the skill was re-designed a bit.

• Empowering Misery: Removed the self-applied weakness. Increased the base heal by 40% and decreased the heal per condition by 40%.
  • Pain Absorption. Removed the self-applied blind.
  • Banish Enchantment: Removed the self-applied vulnerability. This skill now applies 3 stacks of confusion for 6 seconds instead of being dependent on the conditions you have on you.
  • Unyielding Anguish: This skill has been re-worked. This skill will now leap to the target location creating a dark field which chills for 1 second and torments for 4 seconds per pulse. The field lasts for 4 seconds and pulses every 1 second. Added a 10 second recharge.
  • Embrace the Darkness: Removed the self-applied torment. This skill no longer copies conditions to nearby foes. This skill will increase stats by 10% while active and pulse 6 seconds of torment every 1 second to nearby foes.

To be honest, i wasn’t a big fan of Mallyx so far, but it had interesting mechanics and really nice synergies.

Now it has neither.

I understand that self applied conditions in order to strengthen oneself had some issues with allies cleansing these condtions. Whether it was such a huge problem i don’t know. But in my opinon it would have been the best way to deal with it by just adding a effect to legendary demon stance. Allies cannot cleanse conditions applied to you. Of course i understand that such a mechanic would be at least difficult to implement, hopefully not impossible.

With the changes made, several aspects of Mallyx are now broken, remants of its former unique approach. At least in my opiion.
Pulsating Pestilence, even withe the raised trigger chance, doesn’t make sense anymore. Why should the revenant keep his condtions? Cleansing them is now the better solution. And without self apllied conditions there is not much left to copy.
Demonic Defiance without the need to have some conditions applied to yourself… it lost much of it’s purpose.
Pain Absorption and Embrace the Darkness... i loved the synergy there… but now it’s gone.

I wanted to give Mallyx a chance to convince me during the next BWE… but now i don’t think he can. He just sounds too boring. All he can do now is basically spam torment.
Mallyx became way to generic for my taste.

I don’t mind the other mentioned changes. They are a step in the right direction. Whether it will be enough we will see next BWE. Although i still think Shiro needs the possibility to clean one more condition. That way conditions would be still a problem for him, but at least u would have a chance. And would not just bleed or burn to death.

in Revenant

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

My suggestion for UA would be to increase the aoe effect of pulsing torment too 500~600.And add a smaller aoe like 300~400 pulsing fear of 1sec. So you can still use it defensively and have an area where people wont get in easily. Just like before, but they will get the torment applied because they are not ported out anymore.

For EmtD: why don’t remove the up-keep costs and make it apply tons of conditions at one just like necros Signet of Spite, but in an aoe. So it still feels a little overwhelming like before. It could additional give a 5sec buff with stat increase.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pluften.7026

Pluften.7026

Why not make Embrace the Darkness convert boons to conditions on foes? Alternatively, make it just remove conditions on yourself and pulse them back to enemies a bit like necromancer dagger 4 does. That way you’re not ruining the teaching that conditions are bad to have on you, and Pain Absorption has some use other than “ok i took condis now what ima die :<<<”

But at the moment, Embrace the Darkness and Unyielding Anguish are very similar with minor differences. The trait line name is corruption, kitten it! You should be doing some corrupting of enemy boons or giving them their conditions back.

You don’t have to keep the conditions on yourself, just send them to nearby enemies instead. That way, Unyielding Anguish keeps its usefulness, Pain Absorption becomes useful and synergies well with Embrace the Darkness. Banish Enchantment needs a bit of work though, perhaps converting conditions instead or giving extra conditions for those boons removed. Empowering Misery should change, too. At the moment with not needing to keep conditions on yourself it doesn’t make sense. Perhaps it heals more depending on how injured you are, or converts 2 conditions on yourself to boons.

You really killed what made Mallyx unique, like what has been said before it really was a “fight fire with fire” design and that made it so awesome. Now it’s generic apply conditions and wait for stuff to die, but it sucks at that because torment isn’t that great on its own.

Just please, remember the trait line is called Corruption. That is what you should be doing!

CORRUPTION! CORRUPTING!

Xeyia Meadows@Piken Square

(edited by Pluften.7026)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

WTF!!! Unyielding Anguish nerfed!!

Man this making me not want to spend points in anything other than Herald even more now…

Man this class as a whole is a joke,,, come on… these legend are terrible besides Herald…

Buffed !! man !

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Roy, if UA has no 10s recharge and it’s a typo, then maybe it’s a good idea to edit OP to avoid further misunderstanding.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Aight after a good night sleep (actually not since i played till late hours but nvm ) i’ve concluded that higher damage on static foe is really not that great. We all want a dynamic combat in GW2 (even in PvE) and Rev is not exactly a class that can force you to stay still with chain Immob like an engi for example.

You can load up to 20 stacks in very optimal situation, but that would be extremely, EXTREMELY expensive. So atm it seems we have a fast reapplication that can fight well against costant clenses (elementalists? WvW frontline?).
So all in all i think that a condi revenant is definelty buffed and probably needs a nerf in some torment application skills.

I’d touch Embrace the Darkness. I’d really like to have back that elite feel, the joy to see my char® go bananas knowing is going to unleash terrible pain to my foes.
Proposal, retain -8 upkeep and 10% stat increase, pulse every 2seconds 2s poison, 1s chill 4s torment (so max 2 stacks after 2 seconds instead of max 6 stacks after 6 seconds)
Axe also is an offhand liked by power builds too, so i’d nerf the torment application by switching the #5 to apply weakness instead.

Thoughts?

I could get 25 stacks in bwe 2 already without too many problems :P

Also I dislike your EtD proposal.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Thoughts?

I could get 25 stacks in bwe 2 already without too many problems :P

Also I dislike your EtD proposal.

yes 25+ is totally reachable but you have to build for it and be very aware of your energy.
So i take you’d prefere an “easy” version, meaning less expensive and less powerful? Like? I honestly am a bit out of ideas on how to make EtD cool again.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Function =/= are meta viable.

I’m not trying to say that Corruptions are super amazing and everyone should run them, but their basic concept revolving around transferring conditions you get on yourself for more damage or healing off conditions you apply to yourself is there – that whole play can be cleansed and negated by your allies, too. And yet nobody changes this concept, but suddenly it’s a problem on Mallyx.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Smokin Dice.9103

Smokin Dice.9103

first of all a big thanks to you for really listening to us.
That beeing said I am really happy with MOST of these changes,

for Mallyx
I like to have consistency so I know at all the time what I will do to the enemy, so the mallyx changes where great for revenant even if it loses flavor here it will be far more useful this way, the displacedment feature was making me so angry that I didnt even want to use the jump anymore because it always pushed the enemy I wanted to hit away.. but I dont think it needs a cooldown that long.. if a cooldown at all it should be as long as the combofield
and I also think the elite should still spread your conditions to enemy around you

for the whole energy vs cd
I aswell think that punishing us twice is a really bad thing.. i like the energy management but it is just a drawback as it is right now..
use it for weapon skills, use it for utilitys and drain it dry in a matter of seconds when using an elite…. to be honest the elites on revenant are not that overpowered to justify that you are unable to use weapon skills or heal yourself…

my suggestions to this debate are 2 simple changes and 1 absolutly needed one.

-Either remove energy cost on weapons AND HEAL completly and keep them on utillitys and elite.
-increase energy cost of weapon skills by a bit and remove the cooldown entirely.

the absolutly needed changes is drastically reduce the energy cost of elites..

-the dwarfen elite
should at max consume 4 energy so that you can have it up all the time and still be able to use skills (or maybe 5 if you change weapons to not have a energy cost) but it draining you dry makes you dont want to use it at all..

-mallyx elite
same here as dwarfen, draining you dry that quickly makes no sense when you cant even use your mace 2 and 3.. here the energy drain should be 6

-assassins impossible odds (the true elite here)
the most powerful draining skills out of the bunch but 10, 10?! AND an additional 10 to activate it ?!
you are not alowed to use anything but basic atacks here.. I understand that it is powerful and it is a boss killer in pve but this takes away the fun of this stance as a only go there to use this for 3 seconds and then switch back to a better one..
my suggestion here would be to first remove the initial cost and then give us a trait or something so we can restore energy in assassinsform when hitting with a non basic atack, so we can utilize the other weaponskills with this on and then dont have 0% right after using it..

-centaur is fine, i dont care about this since healing doesnt matter.. only good for reflect

thats all i can think of right now.. but again overall great changes

EDIT:
about the corruption torment trait you asked about
now that you mentioned it it really feels awkward to have this on melee where you barely move.. but i dont think just increasing the damage matters here. you could get some high torment numbers in BWE2 already from rev and with the upcoming changes that would make pvp condi rev a bit to strong in my opinion.. so a good changes for both pve and pvp aswell as giving new flavor to torment would be to just make the trait reverse how torment works.. so if you have this trait it will deal the higher damage if the enemy stands still and less if they move, this will make it better for pve and not so useful for pvp since you dont get ONLY bonuses from this, so in pvp you can either not take it or make a mallyx assassin/dwarfen combo with a lot of stun.. that would bring some flavor back!

it could be called “Fiend’s Rupture” some will get the reference :P

(edited by Smokin Dice.9103)

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Okay, so, my impressions:

Recharge on Jade Winds: Personally, I’m fine with this. I know that the theme of the revenant is that it’s limited more than energy than cooldowns, but 5s cooldown is still pretty dang short for the strength of the effect. Any other profession would be looking at a cooldown of at least 30s for an effect like this. A five second cooldown means that an opponent has some chance to escape if it survives the first one. It’s still a powerful skill. Remember, Guild Wars 1 had both energy and cooldowns on the majority of skills.

Mallyx: Whoah. That’s a big set of changes.

I can see, and to some extent agree with, the logic of overhauling the ‘I want lots of conditions so I can transfer them’ mechanic, but the condition transfer was essentially the soul of the legend. Making the heal less dependent on conditions, and removing the dependency on conditions with the 8 and 9 skills, both seem like good changes for ‘playing well with others’, but I think Mallyx needs the ability to pass on conditions still (and the way the copy mechanic worked before, you didn’t really need a lot to get good use out of it). I’d suggest either putting it back on Embrace the Darkness directly, or rework Pulsating Pestilence so that it copies or even transfers conditions onto enemies whenever you’re running more than a certain threshold of conditions. This would allow it to also work with Impossible Odds, Vengeful Hammers, and when running a sufficient number of facets, which all seems very fitting (remember, the original Impossible Odds from Guild Wars 1 also transferred conditions), and as a trait, you can use another one if you’re getting condition cleansed enough that condition copy isn’t worthwhile. (It’s less fitting if used with Protective Solace, but eh. Ventari has a theme about encouraging pacifism, and having your conditions bounce back on you will be an encouragement not to throw them in the first place…)

(I read through the thread between writing the above and posting, and noted someone else had a similar idea. GMTA!)

Regarding Unyielding Anguish: It does seem a shame that it’s essentially been changed into a completely different skill. What about making it a combination of the area pushback from Shield of Absorption with the movement-blocking effect of Ring of Warding? This would make it functionally equivalent to how it worked before, but through the use of existing mechanics (with existing counterplay).

Regarding enhanced torment: Probably worth trying! The precedent has been set by Reapers having a damaging chill, after all.

My question is about underwater weapons: revenant is going to have 2 of the same type weapons (but 4 different sigils) or you are going to remove second underwater weapon slot (dont think it’s possible) or we have chance to see new type that revenant can use?

That’s a relic of revenant being a no-weaponswap profession. Spear is actually designed to work for a no-weaponswap profession – the terrestrial weapons really weren’t. However, odds are they haven’t had time to make a second underwater weapon.

Personally, I’m hoping for a second underwater weapon (could possibly even split off some of the skills now on the spear) and a second ranged weapon on land as part of the core profession… but I’m not realistically expecting either on release.

EtD needs to be an offensive skill, and condi to boon conversion would not fit that.

Not sure I agree with that analysis – a lot of boons boost your offense, and those that don’t boost your ability to maintain a good offense. Condi redistribution is certainly more flavourful, though.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Revenant

Posted by: blokejoe.6590

blokejoe.6590

Corruption
In the corruption specialization, there were a few traits which needed some tweaks in power to be competitive options. As an example revenant did not have many options to apply poison, but had the trait Venom Enhancement which increased poison duration so I thought it made sense to also apply poison itself.
Pulsating Pestilence: Increased the trigger chance from 15% to 25%.
Replenishing Despair: Increased the base heal by 300% and added a 1 second internal cool-down.
Venom Enhancement: This trait will now apply poison for 5 seconds with a 20 second recharge when you apply torment as well as increasing poison duration.

love these changes. But you could make Pulsating Pestilence only trigger when there are conditions on you. i noticed BW1 and BW2 that the trait would trigger whether or not you had conditions on you. Similar to how sigil of generosity and purity work, which on trigger when you have a condition on you.
you can also increase the non-movement torment damage by 20%, like other classes have you can add it to Yearning Empowerment line

(edited by blokejoe.6590)