Upcoming Revenant changes for BWE3

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Maybe this is asking for too much but if torment damage is gonna increase on stationary targets, could we also get more damage to moving targets as well? I am aware that moving torment is strong, but so is burning anyway and many other classes have damage increase in their main condition sources, Rangers having two.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Maybe on top of increasing Torment damage while the enemy stands still, make it useful for PvP and WvW as well by making it(or another trait) modify Torment in a different way. Since the new Mallyx is about Torment, one idea I had was a GM trait(replacing Pulsating Pestilence since it’s an RNG trait that doesn’t fit very well anymore) that applied different conditions on enemies with X amount of Torment stacks while using EtD.

For example, if the enemy you’re using EtD on has, say, 4 stacks of Torment, then also apply Vuln or something. If they have 8, apply Vuln + Something else, and so on.
If you’re fighting a Revenant, you’ll want to keep that Torment low so you don’t get condi-bombed by EtD(which is also very vulnerable to CC) and as the Revenant it’ll encourage you to continue using your skills instead of just sitting in EtD and getting results.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

With a 10% stat increase yes. Especially when he plans to lower the cost and make torment do more damage on targets not moving.

Aside from a loss of flavor these changes make Mallyx significantly stronger then its previous iteration. I am going to miss displacement if it doesn’t get re-implemented ,but these changes really improve the Legend. Previously Rev’s could barely apply condis to their target if they weren’t getting slammed with condis themsevles. Not every opponent applies a ton of condies. If you were fighting a Power based opponent you barely did any damage to them because the only real condi application you got came from the mace and from a skill that you can easily move out of it. This is a huge step in the right direction at a cost to flavor sure ,but there can be a compromise.

As for the change to EtD itself, yeah, I’m bummed because condi-copy was nice, but I agree with Griffith here.

With this change in mind, there’s a good combo setup that involves stacking a ton of Torment with UA and EtD, and then switching over to Jalis and taunting. I’m surprised no one has thought of this yet. There’s good potential here. Just open up your eyes! Build up for condi-damage, and you’re going to see huge numbers here.

But now to a Power-player, Mallyx isn’t only just about condi and you’d have reason to actually use him in a Power based build. The 10% stat boost works here. Personally, I think it should be 15%, but 10% is still good too, especially if the energy cost is going down.

With these two points in mind, EtD needs a couple points of cost reduction. The changes have potential. Let’s just play it and see how it goes.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Some things to note:

• The recharge for unyielding anguish was a remnant of an old change and wasn’t supposed to be there. This skill shouldn’t have a recharge and I’m thinking about lowering the energy cost from 35 to 30 to make it more usable as mobility and condition application. It also should be applying 5 seconds of torment instead of 4.
  • Embrace the Darkness now applies a lot of torment in an area, twice as much as before. I’m looking at adjusting the cast time or upkeep cost for it to make it a bit more in line with the new functionality.
  • Since corruption and mallyx is all about being the master of torment and being pushed more that route, I’m playing around with an idea I wanted to run by all of you. Torment is less valued in stationary fights due to the way torment functions. Since torment is the main damaging condition for Revenant, I’ve been thinking about adding functionality to a trait or maybe changing the minor 2 in corruption to increase the base damage torment does while not moving while not increasing the while moving damage to help it become more of a viable option in all areas of the game. What do you all think?

Eventhough I agree on the change on unyielding anguish, I don’t seem to understand how a poor 600 leap which also makes you stuck for a little while when landing is something you can call a movement skill. This should either be just a clean leap with higher speed than normal (such as sword leap of warrior) and no immobilizing effect at the end or have it’s functionality be the same but with a longer range of +/- 900.
600 leap just doesn’t bring much to the table.

As for embrace the darkness: The statt increasement could also always be increased to 15 or maybe 20%, or might have another pusling effect besides torment on it such as giving resistance to nearby allies, poison nearby foes or chilling them. I don’t think the elite should have a lower upkeep just because it’s weaker. Elite’s are supposed to be strong, but with a high cost. If you lower the upkeep it’s just another utility skill.

A trait that gives torment more damage while not moving seems rather pointless. The condition needs counterplay and if you remove that because of a trait it just makes things lame. Rather have the ‘’on movement’’ damage be increased by 25% so the counterplay remains in te game, but the punishment for moving is bigger.

Edit: Since the release of herald I really like the idea of upkeep skill that also have an effect when they are released. Maybe there could be some aoe effect around you to unleash the anger you have build up during Embrace the Darkness based on the time you have spent in that form.

(edited by BlackDevil.9268)

in Revenant

Posted by: Guguwars.4263

Guguwars.4263

I’m still not sold on Embrace the Darkness…
Even if torment were to be buffed beyond common sense, Mallyx rev would still be without an elite skill which looks “elite”.

Come on, the way it sounds, EtD seems like a mobile torment-field and…that’s all.
War/Berserkers got a skill like that on their torches(applying burning), what’s feeling “elite” in that?
Keep the condi-spreading, or do something that scales which the amount of conditions applied on the revenant…
And sorry, but all that enegy degen just to apply, what? 8 stacks of torment, even 10?And only that?
Remember, all professions have a way to remove (even sub-par) at least one condition. What’s good in applying 25 stacks of torment in 25 sec, only to see them disappear when random Elem randomly switch to water attunement?^^

Mallyx isn’t only a +10% freak, it have to be related in a way to condition manipulation (drawing or applying). Just let the copy ability on the elite skill, it should be enough.

(edited by Guguwars.4263)

in Revenant

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

Roy please plase read this

I got an idea of a great Embrance the Darkness: All the effects that you want it to have with a Corruption Aura, but this aura is diferen, instead of comberting the boons the foe have to its condition counterpart, it ill corrupt your boon stacks to 5/6 seconds of torment (with your torment modifiers) that means if the target have 1 stability it will combert to 2 stacks of torment. This would help with all those phalanx warriors that have permanent over 15 stacks of might and would be OP. Thats why i state that the buffs wold corrupt 1/2 stack rounded up/down like 1=1, 2=1, 3=2, 10=5. and so forth.

Or any crazy variant you would bring after reading this. remeber we all
#Believe

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

in Revenant

Posted by: Padra.1678

Padra.1678

“Sword
For sword, there were some minor tweaks. Precision Strike was made a whirl finisher because it made sense as your character is spinning around, plus the skill needed a bit of help.
Unrelenting Assault was a bit strong after the last set of changes so I slightly increased the recharge to have a lower window between evade times.

Precision Strike: This skill is now a whirl finisher.

Unrelenting Assault: Increased the recharge from 10 seconds to 12 seconds. Fixed a bug so that this skill will more report damage as a multi-hit skill allowing it to stack up damage per target rather than displaying each instance of damage individually.
Staff"

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

“Sword
For sword, there were some minor tweaks. Precision Strike was made a whirl finisher because it made sense as your character is spinning around, plus the skill needed a bit of help.
Unrelenting Assault was a bit strong after the last set of changes so I slightly increased the recharge to have a lower window between evade times.

Precision Strike: This skill is now a whirl finisher.

Unrelenting Assault: Increased the recharge from 10 seconds to 12 seconds. Fixed a bug so that this skill will more report damage as a multi-hit skill allowing it to stack up damage per target rather than displaying each instance of damage individually.
Staff"

That’s not a bug, that’s just how the skill works. So either don’t blink or use massive movement skills if you wanna survive during this skill or do use it, but instead of being kittened by it bring him to your allies and kill him afterwards. Revenant doesnt have such good escape abilities so the counterplay can be pretty huge.

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Roy please plase read this

I got an idea of a great Embrance the Darkness: All the effects that you want it to have with a Corruption Aura, but this aura is diferen, instead of comberting the boons the foe have to its condition counterpart, it ill corrupt your boon stacks to 5/6 seconds of torment (with your torment modifiers) that means if the target have 1 stability it will combert to 2 stacks of torment. This would help with all those phalanx warriors that have permanent over 15 stacks of might and would be OP. Thats why i state that the buffs wold corrupt 1/2 stack rounded up/down like 1=1, 2=1, 3=2, 10=5. and so forth.

Or any crazy variant you would bring after reading this. remeber we all
#Believe

Sounds familiar (see bold in quote below)…Only issue I can see with that is that current tech suggests that the engine is built to remove full stacks. Nothing so far indicates it being able to take partial stacks.

Suggestion to make him a Corrupter and once again unique if we can’t have the old Mallyx back.
-Trait/skill that prevented conditions from being cleansed by any source other than a demon skill while in the demon stance (a popular suggestion)

- Trait/Skill that “reflects” conditions back at the person sending them so that they receive what they are trying to send out (with Mallyx’s condition stats applied)

- Trait/Skill that transfers conditions from allies directly to enemies

- Trait/Skill that heals Mallyx for every tick of a condition on him equal to twice that of the actual tick of damage (give me your conditions if you dare!)

- Skill that removes all boons on Mallyx and sends their inverse condition to all enemies within a radius (a true corruption, using his own boons rather than theirs)…I like this one as it seems a very demon-y thing to do “bah, I don’t need boons, but I can corrupt them into a weapon (evil laugh)!”

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

- Skill that removes all boons on Mallyx and sends their inverse condition to all enemies within a radius (a true corruption, using his own boons rather than theirs)…I like this one as it seems a very demon-y thing to do “bah, I don’t need boons, but I can corrupt them into a weapon (evil laugh)!”

Immagine the sinergy with Glint wink wink

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

^
Oh, yes please!

in Revenant

Invictus.1503

That is one main reason I suggested it. I was trying to think of a synergetic relationship that would be with traits other legends, and other players. It also, in my mind, plays to the attitude Mallyx seems to have towards the Revenant that summons him…disdain. So, by removing the helpful boons to the Revenant and channeling that as a weapon to enemies the flavor seems to be there too. If this were part of the EtD skill, we would welcome all those boon sharing classes to help us deal big pain to enemies.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

If this happened the conditions would have to be pretty amazing, I can just see it being kind of weak and annoying, you lose your 15 seconds of protection and handed out 3 seconds of weakness. YAY!

in Revenant

Posted by: Dreamcore.7632

Dreamcore.7632

I feel like these changes do not address the issue Revenants have with conditions. Still no help for other legends, if you do not slot Mallyx then you just die to any condition burst.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea of a trait that lets you get 2 seconds of resistance on legend swap. But I agree at the end of the day there is still no good way to cleanse conditions at this point.

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

I feel like these changes do not address the issue Revenants have with conditions. Still no help for other legends, if you do not slot Mallyx then you just die to any condition burst.

Well.. Ventari has some nice condi removal too now and if staff 4 actually removes conditions properly you should have better condition removal than some other classes have on pretty much any build. I just wish they would make the ICD on Eluding nullification much lower (+/-2) so ventari would become more apealing to use instead of mallyx or maybe even instead of glint with more heal and condi removal support instead of boons.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Unrelenting Assault is bugged so if the rev uses it and someone teleports/charges away from them it still follows them no matter the distance they go. Please fix this its ridiculous.

Working as intended. Its what lets us stick and do our job to runners. We’re meant to catch and finish escaping targets in team fights. That’s the whole theme of Shiro/sword.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

That is one main reason I suggested it. I was trying to think of a synergetic relationship that would be with traits other legends, and other players. It also, in my mind, plays to the attitude Mallyx seems to have towards the Revenant that summons him…disdain. So, by removing the helpful boons to the Revenant and channeling that as a weapon to enemies the flavor seems to be there too. If this were part of the EtD skill, we would welcome all those boon sharing classes to help us deal big pain to enemies.

Have EtD apply random boons at intervals of 1s. The boons stay for 1-2s and their counterpart condition is applied to the enemy. This way it can have a wide array of condition application along with the torment/10% at the current upkeep cost.

Just an idea not sure how it would work out.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The problem is, I don’t bring Glint and now what? Revenant has poor access to pretty much any boon aside from might and fury maybe, outside of Glint.

Also, pretty much none of own boons converted this way would bring any damage (Regeneration brings Poison). You’d need Vigor, better access to Retaliation, Aegis.

And converting all that pulsing/on dodge Stability would make a mobile fearbot.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Ideas that I like the most:

• Modify the condi-spreading trait to make it work like the old EtD did, instead of having a random trigger.
  • Corruption Aura. I would make it work like this: “Whenever a foe applies a condition to you, that condition is also applied to them”.
  • The idea of sacrificing own boons to apply their inversed condition effects onto the opponent. Reminds me of Dervish, and hell, even EtD reminds me of the Dervish as well. Also, it would have great synergy with Glint. This kind of effect could be a trait, I think. It does not fits Mallyx very well because Mallyx lacks boons.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hiki.9310

Hiki.9310

With the exception of unyielding anguish, can we compromise and get the ability to slot either the new or old mallyx skills?

This way, if some players feel that the old skills create conflict with support roles they can decide for themselves to use the new versions.

Could we also can we get some clarification on whether or not the mallyx changes were meant to be nerfs? The reasoning behind the mallyx changes made them sound like they were meant to improve the stance but the actual changes do the opposite.

The new mallyx benefits less from having conditions on him than the old one. At four+ conditions empowering misery heals for less, banish enchantment applies less confusion, unyielding anguish applies less torment, and pain absorption provides him with conditions he can’t do anything with.

Then there is embrace the darkness. Mallyx now lacks access to blind, weakness, cripple, and vulnerability.

These conditions were all self-applicable and capable of being applied to enemies with the old embrace the darkness; they provided a cover for his torment and helped keep mallyx alive.

Please don’t make mallyx a torment bot

“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” – Mallyx

(edited by Hiki.9310)

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

Function =/= are meta viable.

I’m not trying to say that Corruptions are super amazing and everyone should run them, but their basic concept revolving around transferring conditions you get on yourself for more damage or healing off conditions you apply to yourself is there – that whole play can be cleansed and negated by your allies, too. And yet nobody changes this concept, but suddenly it’s a problem on Mallyx.

Take a look at the current Necro builds, neither of them use corruptions, and that was because of the change they made to corruptions which added a lot of condition pressure on the necro which has limited cleanse not because “your team cleansing your conditions interfered with that kind of play”, previously Consume conditions was strong due to it being a viable heal and condi removal option, so you just used it to counter condition pressure and not only a heal, now it’s weaker in comparison to other options because your self applied conditions will cover the important stuff you needed to cleanse forcin you to use dagger offhand 4 and staff 4 to cleanse and still you’d explode on heavy condition pressure if you made a simple mistake, and this will always be the case, the best in slot options will always take over even if people don’t know how to properly use it. Self applied conditions were troublesome in Malyx because you were forced to use a trait that still was weak vs. condition builds most of the Malyx gameplay comes from WvW players and casual PvP players that like to stream, sure it’s good but marauder herald revenant is far superior since it has both sustain and burst, Malyx will just melt vs. a good team or a good condition build played right and that hasn’t changed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

The changes for Mallyx are horrible, would have to try it in BW3, and really see how bad it seems to be. That should be the nail in the coffin to change it back, or possibly adjust it somewhere in the middle where everyone is happy.

Unyielding Anguish, without the displacement, I DO THINK, a movement control like Guardian Hammer skill 5. The CC capability was a very fun aspect and would like that in.

And I had NO ISSUES about having tension with other players when using my Mallyx Elite, I just used the elite of my other legend, or held onto it when it was necessary.

I do think this is straight up bullkitten on Anet’s part, the majority of Mallyx user’s like myself did not have that problem. I’m pretty sure it was the whining minority who made this mess and claimed it applied and happened to everyone else.

(edited by Tzozef.9841)

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

The problem is, I don’t bring Glint and now what? Revenant has poor access to pretty much any boon aside from might and fury maybe, outside of Glint.

Also, pretty much none of own boons converted this way would bring any damage (Regeneration brings Poison). You’d need Vigor, better access to Retaliation, Aegis.

And converting all that pulsing/on dodge Stability would make a mobile fearbot.

Well… What do you bring else? Jalis? Cause with jalis you probably wanna go pack runes if you’re solo. So that’s already 3 boons. Then you also have traits and the heal for retaliation and you might have stability and/or protection sometimes. So even if you dont get to have all boons at good duration, you still can have good boon upkeep.

Even if you go without pack runes you can get swiftness with jalis and fury via traits. Only thing missing is might.

For ventari same thing but instead of swiftness you can have lots of regen.

Edit: well… I guess the fear could be a problem.

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

I do think this is straight up bullkitten on Anet’s part, the majority of Mallyx user’s like myself did not have that problem. I’m pretty sure it was the whining minority who made this mess and claimed it applied and happened to everyone else.

I’ve never seen anyone complain about this problem before they changed it, I really have no idea where the complaints came from still.

in Revenant

Rym.1469

I just wanted to stop in and say I’m definitely closely reading all the feedback about these changes and while I know some of you will miss some old functionality we feel it will be the right choice for the health of the game and profession for the long term. That being said I’m open to feedback and suggestions to make sure everything is awesome.

Though, I will say for mallyx most of the skills were brought into the middle-ground of meeting the condition threshold. As an example Banish Enchantment applies 3 stacks of confusion, it used to apply 2 if you didn’t meet the threshold or 4 if you did.

Also while it may be hard to see it on paper, some areas got improved such as torment application actually went up significantly. I can stack up an incredible amount internally, which is a bit scary, but we’ll have to see how it plays. It should help with making it much more of a condition damage viable build though.

Some things to note:

• Unrelenting Assault did have some bug fixes to it which should help with issues like using it and having it fail being stuck in place as it animated should no longer be a thing. It’ll just fail without playing the whole animation.
  • Condition removal or resistance application has not changed, so the Revenant should have the same way to deal with taking conditions on themselves.
  • The recharge for unyielding anguish was a remnant of an old change and wasn’t supposed to be there. This skill shouldn’t have a recharge and I’m thinking about lowering the energy cost from 35 to 30 to make it more usable as mobility and condition application. It also should be applying 5 seconds of torment instead of 4.
  • Embrace the Darkness now applies a lot of torment in an area, twice as much as before. I’m looking at adjusting the cast time or upkeep cost for it to make it a bit more in line with the new functionality.
  • Since corruption and mallyx is all about being the master of torment and being pushed more that route, I’m playing around with an idea I wanted to run by all of you. Torment is less valued in stationary fights due to the way torment functions. Since torment is the main damaging condition for Revenant, I’ve been thinking about adding functionality to a trait or maybe changing the minor 2 in corruption to increase the base damage torment does while not moving while not increasing the while moving damage to help it become more of a viable option in all areas of the game. What do you all think?

I’ll keep reading and I’ll be open to suggestions and feedback. Just try to remember it may look more devastating on paper than it actually is in game. Some areas of this build actually got stronger.

I’ll try to get it as close as possible before the next beta, but there is still time to address feedback after BWE3 before launch. Just remember playing something usually tends to give different impressions rather then just reading it. Balance is an ongoing thing though and we’ll continue to adjust as necessary even after launch. Balance is never-ending.

I am completly okay with change to Mallyx if you replace the idea of copying and holding conditions with another one. Some other good sub-mechanic should take it’s place.

I will try to come up with something. But I won’t accept the bare bones and shadow of former idea this Legend now seems to be.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dreamcore.7632

Dreamcore.7632

Well.. Ventari has some nice condi removal too now and if staff 4 actually removes conditions properly you should have better condition removal than some other classes have on pretty much any build. I just wish they would make the ICD on Eluding nullification much lower (+/-2) so ventari would become more apealing to use instead of mallyx or maybe even instead of glint with more heal and condi removal support instead of boons.

Sorry I should have been a bit more clear.. this is from the perspective of a WvW roamer. Since I feel as if I cannot realistically use Ventari roaming, I am reduced to either using Mallyx and running a condi build, or running the risk of flat out losing to any condition based enemy on a power build using either Shiro/Jalis(preferred) or Shiro/Glint. The latter has literally no condi clear outside of traits and staff #4, and any runes or sigils you are using.

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

Sorry I should have been a bit more clear.. this is from the perspective of a WvW roamer. Since I feel as if I cannot realistically use Ventari roaming, I am reduced to either using Mallyx and running a condi build, or running the risk of flat out losing to any condition based enemy on a power build using either Shiro/Jalis(preferred) or Shiro/Glint. The latter has literally no condi clear outside of traits and staff #4, and any runes or sigils you are using.

Well, as roamer you should just be fine handling conditions. Not only can you easily escape as shiro power roamer by teleporting to mobs which doesn’t gives condi builds a chance to kill you, but you can easily cleanse or negate conditions with that spec. The herald heal only already just straight up gives you enough sustain to deal lots of damage while the enemy just condi spiked you. If you would go with jalis you have -20% dmg on conditions and a 3 condition removal on the heal.

That being said, revenants weakness are conditions. This has been confirmed by arenanet themselves. So it’s pretty easy to lack condition removal. Yet, rev does still have quite a lot condition removal compared to engineer or mesmer so I don’t really see the problem.

Edit: You can easily win from condition specs on a power build. Especially if you keep them CC’ed. Though in totally balanced situation, the condition spec should win anyway since that’s most of the time more 1v1 based. I guess revenant is just not such a good roamer then.
Game will never be balanced on WvW roaming anyway. If it would, you wouldnt see all this aids running around.

in Revenant

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

Those Retribution chances are well Roy you did a lot of nice stuff in the last few weeks but that.
Okay Redeeming Protection was a perfectly fine trait (same as engi trait) now you give it a kitten ICD which makes it not really good
But the worst trait GW2 has ever seen Retaliatory Evasion wasn’t touched at all you merge two fine traits together to get some space while there is such a useless trait right there. 2 lousy seconds of retail after you dodge wow I mean rly why is this trait still there merge it with the might trait and it’s still bad…

Come on roy I know you can do better think for yourself would ever want to pick that if the answer isn’t yes absolutly then kick it out or chance it so you would.

in Revenant

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

Sounds like some fun changes. Though like others I would like to see Unyielding Anguish to do fear as it seems to fit more of what I used the skill for to begin with. Instead of chilling so they don’t run away so fast. It caused a way of keeping creatures from entering into a certain range. This allowed for time to attack with ranged, heal up, cleans or rez others. Also aids with torment forcing the targets to move.

Unrelenting Assault
This skill has a habit of ending with you locked into a space that I have not seen addressed. Several times in the beta I found myself in a mountain stuck or a tower or sometimes in wreckage of airships. Not sure how to fix that other then you end where you activated the skill.

Venom Enhancement Sounds like it could be fun. But with one of the only way for the class to use poison dose not seem as if it will allow for much stacking of course seeing the trait in action next beta will be interesting.

Forced Engagement
still feel this should be made into an upkeep skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Dstroya.6705

Dstroya.6705

Forgive me if this was already suggested, it is a large thread. Why not make the traits that provided resistance on demon skill use, also make it impossible to have conditions removed while under the effects of resistance? If you want to keep condis then keep up resistance, if I want to be cleansed by my team, let resistance fall off.

Players Killing Players [PVP] – Fort Aspenwood

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Forgive me if this was already suggested, it is a large thread. Why not make the traits that provided resistance on demon skill use, also make it impossible to have conditions removed while under the effects of resistance? If you want to keep condis then keep up resistance, if I want to be cleansed by my team, let resistance fall off.

See now this is actually a very good point, great idea.

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

Well.. Theres not really much reason to maintain conditions on you currently with all the mechanics for it removed. So I would actually think this is a bad thing. I still prefer coming out of resistance with 0 conditions than being stuck with massive condi pressure.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hiki.9310

Hiki.9310

This idea is great! It’s shocking that this was not considered before reworking the entirety of mallyx into its distasteful new form.

“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” – Mallyx

(edited by Hiki.9310)

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

You know, I was just thinking of Mirror of Anguish earlier today; its the mesmer trait that, when hit by a CC, it copies the CC on whoever cast it.

What if EtD was kind of like that, but with conditions? Basically, it would copy conditions to all enemies within the area every time a condition is APPLIED. So the moment a condi lands on you, self-inflicted or not, it gets copied to all enemies in the area immediately. You could retain the pulsing condis as well if and when it doesn’t get cleared, thus….

Then if its cleansed a half second later, no biggie, it already got copied. I’d rename the skill Mirror of Darkness though in that case

Just an idea.

in Revenant

Rym.1469

You know, I was just thinking of Mirror of Anguish earlier today; its the mesmer trait that, when hit by a CC, it copies the CC on whoever cast it.

What if EtD was kind of like that, but with conditions? Basically, it would copy conditions to all enemies within the area every time a condition is APPLIED. So the moment a condi lands on you, self-inflicted or not, it gets copied to all enemies in the area immediately. You could retain the pulsing condis as well if and when it doesn’t get cleared, thus….

Then if its cleansed a half second later, no biggie, it already got copied. I’d rename the skill Mirror of Darkness though in that case

Just an idea.

I like it.

in Revenant

Posted by: godModzActive.5231

godModzActive.5231

I don’t normally post on fomus and iam almost 100% sure not the first to speak up on malyx but i need to address my feelings to the changes to malyx as i feel i was one of the few who has played malyx for every single BWE i don’t claim to know everything about malyx or how these new changes will impact malyx till i play it in BWE 3 but these changes in don’t feel organic they feel like they were made in a single night cause some marketing guy came down and said make it easier to play.

Cause these changes have made an almost useless utility out of Pain Absorption this skill has no use now it’s dead weight on your bar now cause now your just pulling condition’s from your allies with nothing to do with them cause Embrace the Darkness no longer copies conditions to nearby foes the only sulation i see to issues is to make EtD transfer condition’s to enemy’s but that does not seem like the route you want to take malyx anymore so the only other suggestion i can make change Pain Absorption to new utility maybe that puts 3 stacks of torment and 2 stacks of burning and 1 stack of poison in an aoe on 25 sec CD with 30 energy cost not saying that’s a realistic skill but it’s just an example

Plus the Bolstered Anguish trait seem to have no use now 3% damage per condition on you. if you are not trying to get condition’s on you too spread them then why would i take this trait it dose not have any synergy with malyx anymore like i said i can not speak on how well everything will work together with the new changes till i have tried in BWE 3 but as Malyx looks on paper it looks messy with out purpose there seem to be less synergy with the utility and the traits now. Where as before there was synergy everything had use and purpose with Malyx but i will give it chance on BWE 3. I did not want to make this a completely negative post so I can see some positive out these changes not have to rely on condition being placed on you to output more condi damage and not having fight with shout guardian’s or other condition clearing classes but still i play in group with commutation so never had issue them removing my condition. There are many other things other people have already said it and will say way better then i can ( hell this post re-dunned but feel i had to say my piece ) thanks for taking the time read this mess of my thought’s

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

Just an idea.

Yes, this is much better. At least that way you can’t just instantly send out all conditions on you the moment you have leeched all conditions and the counterplay is much easier for enemies.

in Revenant

Posted by: erharnett.6382

erharnett.6382

I am not sure if this idea was brought up (the thread is getting a little long) but how about if they just change EtD and Pulsating Pestilence into condi transfers.

Pulsating Pestilence would be 25% chance to transfer 1 (or 2) condition(s) and EtD would transfer 3 conditions every 3 seconds and keep the some of the torment functionality as well (might be too strong but you can always adjust stacks/application).

This way Mallyx can still be Revs way of dealing with conditions but there is also counter play as well (opponents see EtD up and stop applying conditions to Rev). When your free of conditions you can drop out of EtD and use other skills/legends.

Pain Absorption can also remain as is and would help give Mallyx group support and allow Mallyx to load up for Embrace the Darkness.

PS. Roy I really appreciate all the work you’ve done with Rev. It’s really shaping up to be an amazing class and all the other changes seem really great (or in unyielding anguish case not great but understandably necessary).

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

A few more things:

• I reduced the after-cast of unyielding anguish by 260ms so it should help the responsiveness when you land.
  • Embrace the Darkness: Lowered the cast time and after-cast by 400ms and reduced it’s upkeep cost by 1 so it’s at a 7 upkeep cast right now.
Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I am not sure if this idea was brought up (the thread is getting a little long) but how about if they just change EtD and Pulsating Pestilence into condi transfers.

Pulsating Pestilence would be 25% chance to transfer 1 (or 2) condition(s) and EtD would transfer 3 conditions every 3 seconds and keep the some of the torment functionality as well (might be too strong but you can always adjust stacks/application).

This way Mallyx can still be Revs way of dealing with conditions but there is also counter play as well (opponents see EtD up and stop applying conditions to Rev). When your free of conditions you can drop out of EtD and use other skills/legends.

Pain Absorption can also remain as is and would help give Mallyx group support and allow Mallyx to load up for Embrace the Darkness.

PS. Roy I really appreciate all the work you’ve done with Rev. It’s really shaping up to be an amazing class and all the other changes seem really great (or in unyielding anguish case not great but understandably necessary).

Not to kill the Revenant fun train, and I do enjoy Rev, I would be very frustrated to see classes watered down anymore and Necromancer lose yet another niche.

Now, an empowerment when given a condition while EtD is up or a mirror effect (conditions applied also apply to the applier) might be neat, but no direct transfers. In the case of making EtD a mirror, though, it might be a bit too strong.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: Luthic.7290

Luthic.7290

A few more things:

• I reduced the after-cast of unyielding anguish by 260ms so it should help the responsiveness when you land.
  • Embrace the Darkness: Lowered the cast time and after-cast by 400ms and reduced it’s upkeep cost by 1 so it’s at a 7 upkeep cast right now.

100% happy with all changes now!

in Revenant

Posted by: erharnett.6382

erharnett.6382

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you Roy for being so transparent and open to suggestions from the community… I hope you don’t take us all throwing out ideas as saying we don’t appreciate your work on the class.
I think we are all excited at how things are shaping up and trust you will do your best to make the Revenant class the best it can be.

in Revenant

Invictus.1503

A few more things:

Thanks for the update Roy. I’m sure your reviewing all of the suggestions being made to help keep Mallyx unique and fun to play. I look forward to seeing what your mind can do with all of the suggestions being given.

Oh, and as somebody else has said, please take these suggestions as our faith in you being the dev of the people (Roy’s our Boi!), and not a criticism.

in Revenant

Posted by: marcel.3019

marcel.3019

I understand Roy wants us to test befor juge. But im pretty sure waiting toll BW3 and get tons of negativ feedback there aint the sollution. I mean we now have an utlity skill “Pain absorbtion” that will only block that utlity slot. Cmon, who wants to get the conditions from your team, but you cant get them cleansed off by yourself? And there is no positiv side on this.

The changes on skillag were nessesary after the nerf, but the energy upkeep makes me thinking we lost the old nice, mechanical good thought malyx. I can understand missplacement is very strong, and I dont want it back. But the hole machanic was thought through well. Fitted nice lore based with malyx, and was very unique but still Not op or smt. It had its skillcap high and thats what the game needs anyway!

Im Not ammused with this… Condition Mainstream Crap you call malyx revenant now. Id rather play my necro now.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Bought 6x Superior Runes of Tormenting yday

Already got 3 builds in mind I wanna play at release and prepping accordingly

classic zerk, condi, support :>

in Revenant

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Did any of these fixes multiple activation of confusion damage on “Unrelenting Assault”?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Did any of these fixes multiple activation of confusion damage on “Unrelenting Assault”?

• Unrelenting Assault: Increased the recharge from 10 seconds to 12 seconds. Fixed a bug so that this skill will more report damage as a multi-hit skill allowing it to stack up damage per target rather than displaying each instance of damage individually.

I guess this was the issue with the confusion activation for each hit. It’s not explicit but i’m pretty sure. Let’s check it out next BWE ^^

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

A few more things:

Thank you Roy, now we actually got a nice leap. (:

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

speaking of UA, considering what it does/did, shouldn’t it be Shadow Smash instead of UA?

UA revived a spirit that caused torment to all people nearby, SS teleported the target in a random direction

so shouldn’t EtD technically be Unyielding Anguish, and UA be Shadow Smash?