BUFF thief

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: senki.1046

senki.1046

Thief is weak atm.
Made this thread to compensate all the nerfs threads.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Tux der Pinguin.3049

Tux der Pinguin.3049

I saldy agree there. I defended thief long, but now its just dead.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Daredevil doesn’t even get a blindfold…

…Did the developers not watch the Netflix original series?

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

I think it is pretty much official that they don’t want this class in game. By mile worst class in pvp, pve and wvw. Mods can delete all the negative posts and Colin can hype all he wants but their actions talk for themself.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Daredevil doesn’t even get a blindfold…

…Did the developers not watch the Netflix original series?

That would actually be really cool. Give us a daredevil mask that covers only the top of our head, eyes included. From the sound of it, we’ll need to go in blind to have the courage to face the new specializations.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Agree!! At least make thieves as strong as ranger pets. Right now I can’t see any ranger using a thief over their pet.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Agree!! At least make thieves as strong as ranger pets. Right now I can’t see any ranger using a thief over their pet.

Lol post of the day. I got auto-attacked by a wolf yesterday and was surprised by how hard it hit.

Seriously Anet, all I ask for as a sword-dagger thief is a modest boost to damage for Larcenous Strike. Just throw me this one little bone and I promise to slink away for another few months.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

I think it is pretty much official that they don’t want this class in game. By mile worst class in pvp, pve and wvw. Mods can delete all the negative posts and Colin can hype all he wants but their actions talk for themself.

Better expect an infraction for having a detracting criticism

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Epic Beast.5189

Epic Beast.5189

i actualy laugh while im playing on my dear thief.. everyting hits like a truck… But hey anet gave us 1 more dodge.. and we can run pretty fast to ^^ but yeah im geting tired to be the go deacap free base role or be the +1 guy… mobility aint enough atm..

BUFF thief

in Thief

Kolly.9872

Lol post of the day. I got auto-attacked by a wolf yesterday and was surprised by how hard it hit.

Seriously Anet, all I ask for as a sword-dagger thief is a modest boost to damage for Larcenous Strike. Just throw me this one little bone and I promise to slink away for another few months.

or just add more nodes to conquest, so we can actually find 1 free to cap node anytime, since now with our new shiny spec we excel at running away.
A rush mode could also be a thing tho.
Let the boring fights to the others, I’m glad I can run faster than before with only spending few 50 euros.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Drussthelegend.2630

Drussthelegend.2630

I personally feel like a lot of the thieves problems are the result of the people that play them. They refuse to use them in the way they are strong right now. Like half the matches I have a thief on my team they go to far point and die to start. I know its counter intuitive by thieves are not a strong 1v1 class. They arent really strong in bigger fights either like 3v3 or great too much cleave and random aoe. Decap and +1.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I personally feel like a lot of the thieves problems are the result of the people that play them. They refuse to use them in the way they are strong right now. Like half the matches I have a thief on my team they go to far point and die to start. I know its counter intuitive by thieves are not a strong 1v1 class. They arent really strong in bigger fights either like 3v3 or great too much cleave and random aoe. Decap and +1.

+2 fights in some situations I’m not joking. It’s funny seeing a thief die to a bunker spec.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

With all due respect you have no idea what you are talking about

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

It´s pretty funny reading everywhere how thieves are weak. I found thief to be the easiest and most fun class to play for me.

Thieves are not meant to fight 1vs1 fights against enemies with full health bars.

You´re supposed to cap points, finish off enemies that are already below 50% health quickly and then immediately vanish into stealth again and cap the next point.

If you play thief like a tanky warrior you´ll get your kitten handed to you.

I almost never die in PvP as a thief.

(edited by ChrizZcE.5981)

BUFF thief

in Thief

sinject.4607

Thieves are not meant to fight 1vs1 fights against enemies with full health bars.

• thief can no longer 1v1 many builds due to being left out of the power creep
  • all thief can do is out run them
  • “g-guys this is what thief w-was meant to do!…”

pathetic reasoning on your part as well as every other person that makes this argument.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

You want to nerf thief ? give it invulnerability like every other classes.

No seriously, it’s a bad idea. invulnerability is toxic to pvp. one or two frames is ok, not 7 sec.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

At least theif is lore friendly, once beggars and cutthroats are busted they attempt to run and hide

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

At least theif is lore friendly, once beggars and cutthroats are busted they attempt to run and hide

Perhaps lore-friendly, but not living up to its name. Sadly, it seems the only thing a Thief can steal these days is a little bit of your time… as you have to stop for a few seconds to swat and stomp them.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

All I can say is that thief gameplay has a high skill cap and high skill cap professions need to be more rewarding to the people that chose to play them.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: RocSteady.9784

RocSteady.9784

As always, the Trolls and the Conspiracy Theorist come out to play during these times of change. Entertaining I will Say!!!

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

The thief class is weak due to everyone complaining about stealth.

Now that other classes can reveal theirs (soon on all of them)…
There is no reason to main a thief at all.

Thief has been near the bottom of the PvP / PvE Scrap pile for a long time.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

I’ve been a fair defender of Thief not being that bad, even being good, but I’m gonna be honest, the Xpac is making it difficult to not be mad at stuff.

Getting into fights and being one shotted by DH traps
Trying to do the in and out figths but getting chased down by spamable 1200 range Shiro Revenant
Trying to snipe the mesmers at the back but running into their 3sec x2 blocks and insane blur uptime.
Being killed by Reapers AoE during fight when they don’t even realize you’re there.

It’s rough. Playing the class feels even more like an uphill battle now.
And I have the feeling the " every pro team has a thief " argument might not be relevant soon enough. Shiro/Glint revenant can replace us very effectively from what I’ve seen.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

Theif needs some condition protection or something… was playing mine 2day and a gard and only one gard hit me with 10 burning stacks ….. like wtf just one shot me. If anything its all together just too squishy and with the new daredevil (none steath) spec they are just a bit toooo squish even with 3 dodges.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

In a large team fight, it makes me sad seeing an enemy thief downed out of stealth when he wasn’t even the main target.

EU since Aug 2012

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Nah thief is the only balanced thing in the game. Gut everything else.

Vipassana

BUFF thief

in Thief

sinject.4607

this is the real issue. thief has been left out of the drastic power creep since the spec. update way back. we’ve remained as strong as before whilst everything else has gotten drastically stronger making us contextually underpowered.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Murlu.3270

Murlu.3270

Other than our really horrible condition cleansing on non-stealth specs, I’m very much enjoying the Daredevil spec. I’m playing Acrobatics – Trickery – Daredevil and doing just fine.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

yeah i noticed lots of players playing more & more of them.. there really fast & they do hit hard. outch!

BUFF thief

in Thief

Kolly.9872

I’m just waiting for some dev to come around and hide this topic in the thief’s subforum.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

i actualy laugh while im playing on my dear thief.. everyting hits like a truck… But hey anet gave us 1 more dodge.. and we can run pretty fast to ^^ but yeah im geting tired to be the go deacap free base role or be the +1 guy… mobility aint enough atm..

There are 8 other classes you can play, with multiple viable builds per class. If thief doesn’t have what you need, maybe try rerolling instead of asking the devs to change the game for you.

BUFF thief

in Thief

T raw.4658

There are 8 other classes you can play, with multiple viable builds per class. If thief doesn’t have what you need, maybe try rerolling instead of asking the devs to change the game for you.

Says the guy who was whining to the devs to change the game so they don’t have to play sky hammer or courtyard…..

Thief haters…..

BUFF thief

in Thief

Kolly.9872

Obviously “play the game the way you want” doesn’t mean anything anymore nowadays.
It’s much better to quit and ask for a refund than just screw a class, thief, where I invested a lot of my time and money in.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’m just waiting for some dev to come around and hide this topic in the thief’s subforum.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

BUFF thief

in Thief

Wargameur.6950

hey guys !

did you try that sort of tanky build ? I find it pretty sturdy and I didn’t have to run for my life against most classes (a minimum of dodge for chrono wells and dH traps though). Also steal + staff 2 hit hard.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWVn8lCFmiFOBmOB8PhlxiybACgDYbDLrOcO3/9iH-TpBFwACOCAk2fwaZACXAgFHCAAPAAA

I’m not that good at theory crafting, so you can trash the build all you want, since it seems to be the goal of the thread

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Says the guy who was whining to the devs to change the game so they don’t have to play sky hammer or courtyard…..

Thief haters…..

Can you seriously not see the difference between the 2? Ranked is disabled so people are forced to play Skyhammer and other maps that are unfit for proper PvP (there is a reason why those aren’t in ranked). We have no choice. What stops you from rerolling, on the other hand?

BUFF thief

in Thief

Wargameur.6950

Thief haters…..

Can you seriously not see the difference between the 2? Ranked is disabled so people are forced to play Skyhammer and other maps that are unfit for proper PvP (there is a reason why those aren’t in ranked). We have no choice. What stops you from rerolling, on the other hand?

Can’t you just not vote for those ? I played solo queue yesterday for a whole day and had to do spirit watch and Skyhammer only once or twice… it’s not really a big deal.

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Epic Beast.5189

Epic Beast.5189

I never said i dont play other classes.. obviously i do play other classes! But thief its special .. its my main! i do enjoy it alot! And its obvious that atm we lack something! Aint the worst thing ever but lacks something.. Sry basic english

BUFF thief

in Thief

T raw.4658

Thief haters…..

Well thief’s effectiveness is disabled as well.

Don’t get bent out of shape b/c i pulled your card

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

this is the real issue. thief has been left out of the drastic power creep since the spec. update way back. we’ve remained as strong as before whilst everything else has gotten drastically stronger making us contextually underpowered.

Actually thief has had some of its specs nerfed considerably. Good players are still dangerous, but I wonder if they would be even moreso if they played an OP class/build.

Its almost impossible for me to play a burst thief now, because I’m not an awesome player and I have 300-plus ping. Basically any bit of stray random aoe is life threatening, and if you miss any dodge you are dead.

Similarly playing against thieves, I will encounter a rare good player that makes me sit up and think, but most just die horribly.

Its kind of sad considering how good they used to be. I remember awesome plays like stealing a warrior’s axe whirl, laying down a smoke field and taking out three lowish health players after a group fight, shadow refuge and stomp all of them. These days I would probably just die from the downed aoe damage if I tried that.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

thief [is the]…. easiest and most fun class to play for me.

You´re supposed to cap points, finish off enemies that are already below 50% health quickly and then immediately vanish into stealth again and cap the next point.

Of course you wouldnt die, you’re never putting yourself in any danger. You’re just playing the role of an add whose whole purpose is to sit out of combat unless a wounded person limps along.

This is precisely the problem. A substantial amount of thieves don’t want this. It’s a noncombat role, and it’s just as braindead as the old decap engineer that sat on points all day and never died.

The only difference, maybe, is that the engies with that spec chose it, while thieves are by and large forced into it if they want to be of use at all to SPvP teams.

And most of the other classes want it this way. It’s relaxing mentally to know that a thief will not bother you out of nowhere unless you are:

a.) in a fight
b.) already losing

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

These descriptions of how to “properly” play the “balanced” thief are kittening hilarious. They amount to avoid all combat unless the target is already losing and make sure to go back cap where other people aren’t. Never mind that you can’t contest a point if any other class is on it. And they claim this is a balanced roll.

I’ve dropped my main, a thief, which I’ve been playing since beta. Learning revenant so I can actually have fun in pvp again. I look forward to the day when thief is viable again, but for now, it’s just not worth it.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kevin.4209

Kevin.4209

I think people just need to experiment with builds more. Condition thief feels absolutely busted, I can send my build if anyone wants. It’s so so hard to kill and dishes out huge AOE condition damage… I often end up with bleeds ticking for 2.5k in a large aoe.

With this build, I feel confident in 1v1ing. The new heal is so strong as well, with condi’s+caltrops on dodge, the new heal, and signet of agility, you can evade almost permanently. It’s absurd.

EDIT: Also, the condi cleanse is insane because you are evading SO much. I’ve had the bonus points for most conditions removed from self.

Also, don’t forget that D/D 3 was buffed in the last patch to add a 200ms additional evade. This is not trivial.

(edited by Kevin.4209)

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Wait, people are still complaining about daredevil? I would’ve expected these ‘thief mains’ to know what they are talking about. Thief is far from dead, it has been tremendously buffed with daredevil, at least back to 2014 level. Survibility and damage are at an all time high atm. I’m honestly baffled.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

Wait, people are still complaining about daredevil? I would’ve expected these ‘thief mains’ to know what they are talking about. Thief is far from dead, it has been tremendously buffed with daredevil, at least back to 2014 level. Survibility and damage are at an all time high atm. I’m honestly baffled.

The problem is that this viability is not included with the core thief.

The core thief is like half a class, with the (now you can fight) option behind a paywall.

I have no issues with daredevil. It’s very fluid and has tremendous potential at the moment.

We’re complaining because people are content with believing that “stay out of combat, cap, kill weaklings” is proper gameplay.

That’s noob gameplay. Literally. That’s how you play the game when you first start. I cringe to use the word but noobs play like that.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

I agree 100% daredevil is at 2014 levels of power. The problem is all other classes have experienced a massive amounts of power creep since then. It’s like the dev who designed daredevil carefully took his time planning daredevil to make sure it was balanced for the meta while the other devs just went for what would be fun.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Of course you wouldnt die, you’re never putting yourself in any danger. You’re just playing the role of an add whose whole purpose is to sit out of combat unless a wounded person limps along.

This is precisely the problem. A substantial amount of thieves don’t want this. It’s a noncombat role, and it’s just as braindead as the old decap engineer that sat on points all day and never died.

The only difference, maybe, is that the engies with that spec chose it, while thieves are by and large forced into it if they want to be of use at all to SPvP teams.

And most of the other classes want it this way. It’s relaxing mentally to know that a thief will not bother you out of nowhere unless you are:

a.) in a fight
b.) already losing

Well, it seems to me that the choice is to either play the class in the way they are strong now or to keep playing it like you think it should play and failing. The fact of the matter is that in all the big tournament all the teams have thieves. You don’t want to hear it but you are primarily a +1 and decap at the moment. It is a role in conquest.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

a.) in a fight
b.) already losing

Well, it seems to me that the choice is to either play the class in the way they are strong now or to keep playing it like you think it should play and failing. The fact of the matter is that in all the big tournament all the teams have thieves. You don’t want to hear it but you are primarily a +1 and decap at the moment. It is a role in conquest.

I know this.

And I hate it.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Vipassana

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

To be really honest, I have been playing thief since launch, but I dropped it 6 months ago because I just felt underpowered. I still occasionally play it though, but that feeling does not go away.

I believe this ‘underpowered’ feeling results from a few things:

- Thieves do not have a lot of armor or condition cleanse making them very unforgiving when mistakes are made. While a warrior or engineer can tank quite a lot of damage, for a thief getting hit by a small burst we almost have no choice but to retreat, since our healing/tank capabilities are not as good.

- Thieves are generally more power based then condition based, expecially since we don’t have access to burn. Because the current meta (necro’s, engineers, warriors, revenants, D/D elementalist) in general are quite tanky, it is hard to do a lot of damage without having to retreat because you got hit a few times.

- Thieves probably need more skill / experience to be played well. I still believe thief has some potential sometimes I just ask myself the question: “Why should I work so hard to be successful, while I can also choose another class and work less hard to be successful?”

Lately I hear a lot of people say that they find thief quite underpowered. I wonder if the Developers of Anet feel this way too, or if they think it is in a good spot. Its hard to find a good solution though.

Small comparison between Scrapper Hammer and Backstab

Thief:
Backstab damage coefficient: 2.4 (when hit from behind)

Scrapper:
#2: Electrowhirl (6s CD) damage coefficient: 2.2
#3: Rocket Charge (10s CD) damage coefficient: 3.0
#4: Shock Shield (20s CD) damage coefficient: 2.5
#5: Thunderclap (25s CD) damage coefficient: 3.6

I understand that Anet wants to put the Elite specializations in a good spot, but I just think that the damage of some classes really make thief unplayable. We die so fast now in group fights, that thieves are kind of forces to take all kind of utility skills that help them survive, instead of focussing on damage as opposed to for example Engineer.

BUFF thief

in Thief

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

I think a damage buff to Backstab and Larcenous Strike would be a good start to put the power thief build into a better spot.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.