[Merged] Game Update Notes - December 10, 2013 ~ Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’m running a super unicorn (D/D signet of malice, caltrops, all settlers armor/weapons apothecary trinkets) and even before the patch it felt like godmode to me in dungeons and had a tempo I could actually manage out in WvW.

This patch was nothing but buffs for me (lower initiative cost on dagger 3 & 4, signet heals significantly increased). I’d say the changes are a lot more tightly targeted at specific builds the Devs believe to be preforming above the bar, because they clearly aren’t going after thieves as a whole when a not-so-long-ago popular build like mine made out that well.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

I’m running a super unicorn (D/D signet of malice, caltrops, all settlers armor/weapons apothecary trinkets) and even before the patch it felt like godmode to me in dungeons and had a tempo I could actually manage out in WvW.

This patch was nothing but buffs for me (lower initiative cost on dagger 3 & 4, signet heals significantly increased). I’d say the changes are a lot more tightly targeted at specific builds the Devs believe to be preforming above the bar, because they clearly aren’t going after thieves as a whole when a not-so-long-ago popular build like mine made out that well.

You might never die but you’re really not doing anything for the group. Even with all those bleeds, you’re doing less damage than a pvt warrior and less support than any other class. You’re using all your initiative to dance around the boss, without doing damage, and not helping the team unless the boss somehow has aggro on you and the rest of the team is being dumb and ranging. It’s the same as a guardian going full tank set. They won’t ever die but they don’t bring anything a good guard couldn’t bring but a few worthless heals. If they went zerker they’d bring just as much useful support and actually bring damage. The worst guard I’ve ever had in a dungeon run never died once but he would aggro everything, pull the boss in the dumbest directions, and constantly do stuff to jeopardize the group. Not dying doesn’t = useful.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Posted by: Worgrak.3918

Worgrak.3918

You might never die but you’re really not doing anything for the group. Even with all those bleeds, you’re doing less damage than a pvt warrior and less support than any other class. You’re using all your initiative to dance around the boss, without doing damage, and not helping the team unless the boss somehow has aggro on you and the rest of the team is being dumb and ranging. It’s the same as a guardian going full tank set. They won’t ever die but they don’t bring anything a good guard couldn’t bring but a few worthless heals. If they went zerker they’d bring just as much useful support and actually bring damage. The worst guard I’ve ever had in a dungeon run never died once but he would aggro everything, pull the boss in the dumbest directions, and constantly do stuff to jeopardize the group. Not dying doesn’t = useful.

You know…. this is the problem with the game…
The only “useful” thing to do is to sqeeze out as much dmg as possible. Things like condition, support, tank, semi-healer, evade-tank builds are thrown out of the window. The only acknowledged support class is the mesmer and perhaps staff ele. So much for diversity inside class builds -_-
Doing dmg… a blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could do that while drinking tea… xD Support and tanking, now thats a whole lot different beast (hence why few ppl play that “role” if we can call it like that).
I dont like that we are forced into certain builds to be “viable” :/

in Thief

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

February 26, 2013

Cloak and Dagger: The player can no longer use this ability stack stealth by attacking WvW walls.

This is incorrect, I’m still able to actively C&D walls in Wv3, I was doing it last night to evade a zerg leaving a keep I was running by.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

You know…. this is the problem with the game…
The only “useful” thing to do is to sqeeze out as much dmg as possible. Things like condition, support, tank, semi-healer, evade-tank builds are thrown out of the window. The only acknowledged support class is the mesmer and perhaps staff ele. So much for diversity inside class builds -_-
Doing dmg… a blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could do that while drinking tea… xD Support and tanking, now thats a whole lot different beast (hence why few ppl play that “role” if we can call it like that).
I dont like that we are forced into certain builds to be “viable” :/

I don’t really think it’s a problem with this game but instead a problem with how other mmos work. IMO, a person specing into full defense, at the expense of all damage, should not do more for the team than a person who is spec’d for full offense while still able to survive with the offensive gear (without needing some support to keep them alive). If there were certain support options available that only the toughness guy could use, it’d promote bad gameplay in a game with skill based combat. If you have the capability to avoid all damage with player skill, anything besides damage is a waste. A zerker anything can bring just as much support as a toughness vitality healing person but with 500x the damage and 1/500th the survivability. If this was an average mmo where there’s no dodging and no healer = dead, then tanks might be useful.

Range people also should never do more dps than a melee person. It’s a risk vs reward thing and the person taking the least risk should never have the most reward.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Posted by: shrewd.5319

shrewd.5319

Great job, original poster. Excellent post.

in Thief

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

This post is in the heart of all thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: Malkavian.3751

Malkavian.3751

Added the July 9th nerf and upcoming October nerf.

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

nerf nerf…nerf…..more nerf !
delete !!!

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

When you look at the nerfs objectively most (certain ones are absurd like caltrops nerf) of them are justified i agree. However to me there is a problem with buffs/nerfs analogy. Nerfing OP/broken skills is only one side of balance buffing/changing underpowered useless skills/traits is the other. Listing buffs from launch untill now one can see that the majority of the buffs are… not what thief players opted for? There is a general trend that shows thief getting worse overall as concerned witht he analogy of usefull buffs/broken Op skill nerfs.

in Thief

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Not thief nerfs, more like thief shaving.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Some of them were bug fixes. For example CnD stacking stealth off walls was an exploit.

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Purpose:

• To document all thief nerfs. This thread exists to inform mainly non-thief players who think we are developers “golden child” and never receive nerfs. I will be updating this thread each time a nerf occurs.

Important Notes

• Please keep in mind whether a change is deserved or undeserved plays no role in determining if it’s a nerf or not. I am not making the argument all of these changes were undeserved.
  • This thread was re-created because I decided to remove a few things from the list that were causing controversy and pushing the thread off-topic.
  • A bracketed note can be found next to the changes where there is a debate as to whether or not it is a indeed nerf. For example, the change to stealth in regards to NPC aggro tables.
  • I will be updating this post each time a nerf occurs.
  • I will not be including bug fixes as nerfs.
    • Bullet points found in italics indicate that it is debatable whether or not something is a bug fix or a nerf. Without the patch notes explicitly stating, it can be difficult to determine if developers were fixing a bug, or realized something just needed balancing. If some evidence is presented it was indeed a bug, I will remove it from the list entirely.

List of Nerfs

14 September 2012

• Heartseeker: Reduced damage of the 100%-50% threshold by 20%.

October 7th 2012

• Pistol Whip: Reduced damage by 15%.
  • Basilisk Venom: Stun breakers now work on this skill.

October 22, 2012

• Assassin’s Signet: This skill has been updated to grant 15% damage for 5 attacks rather than 50% damage for one attack. [Debatable if nerf]
  • Ink Shot: This skill no longer allows players to shadowstep out of water.
  • Whirling Axe: This skill has had evasion removed from the ability

November 15, 2012

• Dancing Dagger: This skill’s damage has been reduced by 50%.
  • Shadowstep: This skill is temporarily disabled underwater to keep players from circumventing walls when using it.
  • Tactical Strike: This skill’s daze duration has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP.
  • Cluster Shot: This skill’s damage is reduced by 15% in PvP.
  • Cloak and Dagger: This skill’s damage has been reduced by 33% in PvP only.

December 14, 2012

• Piercing Shot: This skill is no longer able to fire at enemies behind the player.

January 28, 2013

• Leeching Venoms: This trait no longer affects gadgets.
  • Smoke Screen: This skill’s blinding pulse no longer follows the thief.

February 26, 2013

• Cloak and Dagger: The player can no longer use this ability stack stealth by attacking WvW walls.
  • Using stealth no longer resets NPC aggression tables. [Debatable if nerf]

March 26, 2013

• Stealth: The duration of Revealed has been increased to 4 seconds when coming out of stealth via an attack.
  • Caltrops: Reduced duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Basilisk Venom skill: No longer immobilizes targets in addition to stunning them.
  • Quickness: Reduced from 100% attack speed to 50%.

April 30, 2013

• Mug trait: Can no longer critically hit.
  • Trick Shot skill: First arrow is no longer heat-seeking.
  • Smoke Screen skill: No longer destroys unblockable missiles.

May 14, 2013

• WvW Stealth Disruptor Trap: Removes stealth from enemies and reveals them for 30 seconds, preventing stealth.

May 28, 2013

• Shadow Return skill: No longer has infinite range.

June 25, 2013

• Body Shot: Decreased the vulnerability duration to 3 seconds.
  • Cluster Bomb: Decreased the range set from 1200 to 900
  • Larcenous Strike: Increased the initiative cost to 2.
  • Nine Tailed Strike: Increased the initiative cost from 3 to 5.
  • Shadow Assault: Increased the initiative cost from 5 to 7.
  • Shadow Return (Infiltrator Strike Toggle): This skill is no longer a stun breaker.
  • Withdraw: The travel distance underwater has been cut in half to match the land distance.
  • Lotus Poison: Can only apply once every 20 seconds per target.

July 9th, 2013

• Shadow Trap: This skill now has a maximum duration of 120 seconds.

October 5th, 2013

Yet Afterall

What have changed?

What have these “nerfs” have done for removing the irony and the tyranny of thief mechanics?

What have these “nerfs” have done for thief OP mechanics?

What have these “Nerfs” have done for fixing theif broken mechanics?

What have these “Nerfs” have done for removing Perma-Stealth, and removing the OP Backstabs, Perma-Evasion, Perma-Tele?

What have these “Nerfs” have done for bringing the Fun Factor to Guild Wars 2 World?

Absolutely Nothing!

Absolutely Thief class get’s No Symapthy from me.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

Until No-Effort=Rewards are Compltely Eliminated, once and for all.

Until “slap-on the wrist” -Nerfs" are Completely Eliminated

Until Fair Play Mechanics are Implimented and Enforced.

Until No-Risk Mechanics are Eliminated.

Until Favoritism is Eliminated.

Until Order is Re-Inforced

Until Justice is Served

Once and for all.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Until Justice is Served

Once and for all.

Look, we get it. You don’t like thieves and you can’t fight against them. If you tried one out, you know leveled it from 1 to 80 or just used the time that you spend coming here learning the class first hand, you’d find that a lot of thieves are pretty easy to take down. Really. No sarcasm. Give it a try. If you really don’t want to for whatever reason then please stop with the theatrical soapbox writing style. Even if you have valid points you’ll immediately polarize the argument and no one will listen.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

Until Justice is Served

Once and for all.

Look, we get it. You don’t like thieves and you can’t fight against them. If you tried one out, you know leveled it from 1 to 80 or just used the time that you spend coming here learning the class first hand, you’d find that a lot of thieves are pretty easy to take down. Really. No sarcasm. Give it a try. If you really don’t want to for whatever reason then please stop with the theatrical soapbox writing style. Even if you have valid points you’ll immediately polarize the argument and no one will listen.

In other words your issue is l2P spare us the drama.

in Thief

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

BS, I levelled my thief to 80, got him exotics, running around in wvw with s/p sb, not a stealth based build, still think its op. If you look at most of those nerfs and are completly being honest (or if you played other profs as well apart from thief), you will see that most of those nerfs were deserved, some I even would call fixes.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

BS, I levelled my thief to 80, got him exotics, running around in wvw with s/p sb, not a stealth based build, still think its op. If you look at most of those nerfs and are completly being honest (or if you played other profs as well apart from thief), you will see that most of those nerfs were deserved, some I even would call fixes.

The thief shouldn’t be fixed on WvW. How many tPvP did you played with your S\P thief?
Stealth is UP in tPvP, it’s even counterproductive. Thieves are now left with evasion only as a damage mitigation against heavy CC classes that can do the same amount of dmg mindlessy spamming all AoE skills.
Before it was Backstab, now people cry for evasion.. what’s next? Blind spam of course, till the thief will be left with the only autoattack.
I hear everyone crying and calling for nerfs but no one actually asking to balance what the thief badly lacks: staying power on the node.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

nagymbear.5280

The thief shouldn’t be fixed on WvW. How many tPvP did you played with your S\P thief?
Stealth is UP in tPvP, it’s even counterproductive. Thieves are now left with evasion only as a damage mitigation against heavy CC classes that can do the same amount of dmg mindlessy spamming all AoE skills.
Before it was Backstab, now people cry for evasion.. what’s next? Blind spam of course, till the thief will be left with the only autoattack.
I hear everyone crying and calling for nerfs but no one actually asking to balance what the thief badly lacks: staying power on the node.

I think it says a lot about pvp that most professions are forced into 1 build to be effective at high end play (that is my impression at least). I didn’t play much spvp on my thief, when I did I played a venom p/d thief with shamans trinket and jewel. I don’t like spvp so I don’t play it. Thieves got some nerfs I cannot understand i.e. revealed duration in wvw and pvp should be exchanged, but every class got hit by nerfs. Not all the thief hate comes from a l2p issue. Thief may lack staying power, rangers may lack burst, necros might lack mobility. SPvP is a different kind of game, and I’m all for splitting skills having played most time on my ranger. They hop from being OP to useless to being OP again in pvp, while in wvw they pretty much took a big dive.

in Thief

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Ive done the same! i agree with you man! thieves are still ridiculous. the only reason i dont play a thief is because i have too much invested on my main. (legendary)

I am a teef
:)

in Thief

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

What sucks is this game has followed the same path as every other MMO in the sense that players just hate stealthers.

It doesn’t matter if that warrior over there has more health, more armor, better heals, more frontloaded damage, more stuns…

HE SNEAKED UP ON ME NERRF!!!

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Thief

nagymbear.5280

What sucks is this game has followed the same path as every other MMO in the sense that players just hate stealthers.

It doesn’t matter if that warrior over there has more health, more armor, better heals, more frontloaded damage, more stuns…

I think stealth is just a symptom. What people really hate are ganking trolls, and a stealth class just happens to be the best tool for them. And whether you admit it or not, stealth in itself is really powerful. Add some teleport and it quickly becomes op. I am a bad player, but even I can kill people with a thief, or get away from almost everyone if I pay attention. What does that say to you about the class?

in Thief

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I think stealth is just a symptom. What people really hate are ganking trolls, and a stealth class just happens to be the best tool for them. And whether you admit it or not, stealth in itself is really powerful. Add some teleport and it quickly becomes op. I am a bad player, but even I can kill people with a thief, or get away from almost everyone if I pay attention. What does that say to you about the class?

Well, stealth in this game is more powerful than in most MMOs, however, the class is balanced that way.

Anyone can get kills with any class…

But no matter what game you play, the finesse classes will always take more skill to play.

Bandit/Mage type classes generally are squishy but have abilities for mobility or stealth or make up for it. They are generally the most skillful classes, and this game is no exception.

Tanky/Passive defense will always be easier than active/reflex defense. This is why I call BS whenever someone claims thieves are easy to play. Especially after all the nerfs listed. Personally, between my thief and my power necro, I find the Necro much much easier, despite power necros generally being thought of as less viable.

Its due to the fact that on thief you have to time your abilities to stay alive, and when you learn their animations… (like the offhand swing for cloak and dagger) thieves become much easier to kill. On the other hand, as a necro, all i have to do to stay alive is pop instant cooldowns like spectral armor, deathshroud, and soak up the rest of the damage with toughness and a larger base health pool.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

these nerfs are really immaterial. if you want to see real nerfs take a look at what they’ve done to mesmers or rangers. my thief never really felt these nerfs.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

nagymbear.5280

I wasn’t talking about having problems killing thieves. Most thieves automatically presume that the only reason people see a problem with the thief class is that they can’t kill them. Some of the nerfs make perfect sense. Look at the warrior stolen skill. I only play since early this year, and only since the summer do I play my thief, but to think that that skill had evades just blows my mind. And a spammable stunbreak? Cloak and dagger, mug, assasin’s signet, basilisk venom… those nerfs also make perfect sense. You talk about skillful play. Landing cloak and dagger and backstab might take some skill (probably not after the old basilisk venom), I’ll give you that, but when other players can be killed in 1-3 seconds that doesn’t only remove skill, it also removes play. You no longer can stack stealth on wvw walls with cloak and dagger, sounds reasonable for me. Quickness nerf… not even thief specific. Shadow return has no longer infinite range… infinite range… You really need to be in love with the thief class to see these as changes aimed at making thieves unplayable. Some skills became useless I’ll give you that, and thieves are forced into certain builds, but so are other professions.

(edited by nagymbear.5280)

in Thief

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

not going to beef too kitten that line, but i wonder how reducing larcenous strike’s effectiveness by half is a “slight” change.

these nerfs are really immaterial. if you want to see real nerfs take a look at what they’ve done to mesmers or rangers. my thief never really felt these nerfs.

then you weren’t using any of the strong skills when they were strong, because some of these nerfs were rather major. dancing dagger is the one I remember being most irked by.

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

BS, I levelled my thief to 80, got him exotics, running around in wvw with s/p sb, not a stealth based build, still think its op.

What? How is S/P OP, would you please show me your build?

in Thief

Sanduskel.1850

not going to beef too kitten that line, but i wonder how reducing larcenous strike’s effectiveness by half is a “slight” change.

then you weren’t using any of the strong skills when they were strong, because some of these nerfs were rather major. dancing dagger is the one I remember being most irked by.

perhaps, but i didn’t need the permastealth crutch.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

perhaps, but i didn’t need the permastealth crutch.

I’m starting to have serious doubts that you play a thief when others mention builds that have nothing related to permastealth and you always come back to that. Permastealth is relatively recent and really only started appearing after they fixed D/P #3 so it could actually hit things and even more popular after they changed mug since the front end burst was lowered. A lot of these nerfs took place before permastealth was largely utilized which actually pushed thieves into it because it was a much more defensively oriented set. You also talk of stealth as if its permastealth or nothing with little regard to those who use both short term stealth and evasion.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

nagymbear.5280

BS, I levelled my thief to 80, got him exotics, running around in wvw with s/p sb, not a stealth based build, still think its op.

What? How is S/P OP, would you please show me your build?

By IT I meant thief in wvw, should’ve put it better I guess.

in Thief

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Mug change is debatable: can’t crit, but heals yourself. Part of the same package.

in Thief

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

lol, go look for ranger nerfs… or warrior for that matter

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Thief

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

I believe the list needs an update.

October 15, 2013

• Destroy Shadow Trap: This skill now has a 1.5-second cast time. It plays an effect on the thief and on the trap location when it is being cast. Added 5 seconds of regeneration.
  • Larcenous Strike: This skill now steals only 1 boon.
  • Basilisk Venom: Petrify is now removed on stun break
  • Fixed an issue where stuns would always round up their duration to the nearest second if players had extra stun duration from items or traits. /Pistol whip stun wears off before the first sword hit lands./

in Thief

Posted by: jakovliv.8567

jakovliv.8567

The point is not to complain about it but, SERIOUSLY?! havent u reduces the thief skills enought?! its not only that the only way for example to evade a Hammer worrior or a skilled mesmer was throu evades and stealth, now u take that away to?! do u understand that u gonna kill the thief proffesion with reduceing 90% of the skills and only upgrading 10%?!

think again on those changes u gonna make on December 10th… ur killing the proffesion and killing ur own game… really sad to see how evry other charecter is increased in skills and only thief are all about reduce reduce reduce!!!!!!!!! THIS IS WRONG

im sure alot of ppl who play main thief will leave the game and im one of them if this goes throu!

in Thief

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Hi

Seems like you just caught on. Most serious thieves that have been regulars on the forum have moved on a different game or professions. I personally run an Axe/Warhorn+GS Warrior now. It has more sustain, group support, condition cleansing, healing, mobility, damage and burst compared to my Berserker/Valkyrie D/D+SB thief and let’s face it, that profession will get all the future love as well.

Sincerely,

Ex-main thief

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

Please explain this > https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thief-Stealth-Worst-Mistake-In-The-Game/first

Thief

“The 3 main issues with wvw thieves which could be fixed are..

1. Perma-stealth:

Change heartseeker into a combo finisher Whirl , or change the 2 free initiative regained on stealth to have a 10 sec Cooldown.

2. Perma-cure:

Change condition cure in stealth so that it doesnt instantly cure every time you refresh stealth, so that 3 heartseeekers in a blackpowder field doesnt instantly remove 3 conditions as well as removing a 4th 3 sec later. This is far too much condition removal on demand without sacrificing any utility slots.

3. Perma-blind:

Change the AoE blind on stealth to have a 20 sec cooldown, an AOE blind every 3 sec is far too strong. Most active blind skills are single target with 20sec + cooldowns".

I like how this other thief put it as well,

“Stealth is not what is poorly designed, the traits that augment stealth, and how much access they have to it is what is poorly designed there is a difference between the two, other classes besides thieves use stealth, ex. Mesmers. If you screw with the stealth mechanic you will not only affect thieves but all classes that use stealth. The problem in the design in thieves and how the have access to it”.

And for the last one….

“Thief survival should come from evades, not stealth”.

I’m in total complete agreement with these 3 thieves truthful statements.

Which support my opposition and cause; Thief was created to be a Narcissistic Monopolist Tyrant Sadistic class.

Mmorpg reality teaches us, these class designs will fail miserably in the end.

As the saying goes, “when one violate the rule of balance, so shall their end be violated”

thanks for reading.

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

As the saying goes, “when one violate the rule of balance, so shall their end be violated”

Attachments:

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

A thief violated Burnfall at some point in the past so now he trolls the boards to unleash his righteous fury (don’t blame the guy, being a ranger that’s about the only option he has).

Is just amazing how much time he expend trolling in this forum.

Maybe Sanduskel created another account?

About the topic . . . i really have hope in devs, the changes seems to be really kitten thief but i’m sure they will compensate.

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

A thief violated Burnfall at some point in the past so now he trolls the boards to unleash his righteous fury (don’t blame the guy, being a ranger that’s about the only option he has).

About the topic . . . i really have hope in devs, the changes seems to be really kitten thief but i’m sure they will compensate.

No, this is my account, not Sanduskei

As the saying goes, “stand for what is right, fight for what is wrong”

In other word, I defend those who want change for the best, i fight those who want change for the worse.

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

I’d like to see sunudkesl and burnfall locked together in a cage and “backstabbing” each other for the greater good, lol.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

No, this is my account, not Sanduskei

As the saying goes, “stand for what is right, fight for what is wrong”

In other word, I defend those who want change for the best, i fight those who want change for the worse.

Sooo I expect a thread in which you rant on yourself sometime in the future.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

well anet still didn’t caught up on fact that in current meta thief is a joke for most part, worse: not only they nerfed thieves only viable builds, they also added new healing skills (lol @ bone) but thief one ended up being somehow the worst, there are quite few fractal levels that give you the feel that they are designed to make thief players quit (cough lv 44)

but then again, why are you surprised? none of them plays thief

they tried to show that they do by streaming fractals on a p/p thief, but franky all they did was spamming unload and being dead most of the time

idk why they are so biased against the class, maybe thief population went up due to RP factor or maybe QQ is just so major that they try to make people reroll; either way thief future looks bleak

i don’t think that most thieves quit but probably will end up playing warrior or mesmer; warriors are just broken, PU mesmers are getting buffed + new mesmer healing skill basically allows them to have 1000 HP/sec regen lol

it is almost like anet hired WoW devs and those now diligently destroy class balance heh

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

You know if he actually believes in what he writes . . . he is even doing more damage to his cause with this arguments.

Is funny because i show to him a thread where the people was talking about the profession they scare most.

Thief was in the bottom and he never make a comment about it (actually he and sanduskel were the only complaining about thief isn that thread).

You are not standing for what is right, you are standing for your ego because after 1 year of this game you just don’t know how deal with the most nerfed class in the game.

If you really want to improve your gaming and stop trolling and QQ, i invite you to play with me dueling and teach you how a thief works and you will see how easy is to counter them.

in Thief

Sanduskel.1850

Thieves are getting improved with the next patch. Anet said a massive init improvement. I am excited to try the changes on my thief. Ys we are losing permastealth at least easy perma stealth, but anet said that was an abuse of the mechanics. So that’s an exploit fix, not a nerf.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

Thieves are getting improved with the next patch. Anet said a massive init improvement.

This is misleading. The 33% increase to base initiative regen is massive in isolation, but it is mixed with several serious nerfs. Some specs will have more initiative than today, but others will not benefit. Some will be far less viable.

Overall, the changes help D/D thieves. The base regen buff will outweigh the nerf to Opportunist. I play D/D & SB, so my spec will be better. If I played S/D or P/P, I would be a lot less happy with the patch, and a bit angry at anyone calling it a ‘massive improvement.’

As for D/P, I think nearly the entire thief community accepts that permastealth had to go. It’s all the other nerfs that have folks upset.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I think it’s widely agreed upon that the permastealth removal is a completely fine patch, and frankly, has made quite a few non-DP thieves pretty happy.

Fact of the matter is that everything else coming is totally undeserved, and warriors remain utterly broken.

I took a 14k Arcing Arrow yesterday. That’s utter nonsense seeing as it’s coming from a build which doesn’t even make sense for the class, and has no downsides. Without max food, a full-power signet-use thief can’t even get that kind of damage, and that damage is coming from a range.

I sincerely do think you should take your QQ elsewhere, though. If you’re getting rolled by thieves, you’re either a GC and should expect it, or it’s a L2P issue. I take down permastealth builds frequently on my 30/30/10 full-berserker 10k health thief. Just play better than them.

And on any other class, they’re even easier to take down.

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

lol everyone hates the thief but what about the engines that just spam bomb kits lol
the wars health that regens so fast a thief can’t burst them down unless there 2+ people attacking . lol the mesmers that can kill a thief pretty much with one shatter skill . the tele nuke guards that kill a thief before they can move . lol there is so many easy ways to kill a thief with our crazy low health and it does not even matter because
(STEALTH STINKS) even if u blind on stealth it only protects u from one hit and anyone who thinks stealth is op learn to counter u bunch of rabbits . war hammer & stomp any aoe knock down lol … i wish people would make a thread where they can learn how to counter a thief with there build instead of just getting it nerfed to death lol i am so tired of people saying how op stealth/ the thief is … knock downs, aoe, stuns immobilize…. lol the more u take our survival skills away nerfing & vigor infiltrate strike. i am just going to go full glass and wait for my team to hurt u than go for the finishing kill… if u take away what keeps us alive there is no reason for me to go head on with some one i will just be really cheep lol u r nerfing the thief so we will play super cheep lol

in Thief

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

I believe ANet balances based on TPvP. I also believe that the percentage of the population focused on TPvP is tiny. As most of us view things from the perspective of WvW, Dungeons or overland PvE, confusion ensues.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

I believe ANet balances based on TPvP. I also believe that the percentage of the population focused on TPvP is tiny. As most of us view things from the perspective of WvW, Dungeons or overland PvE, confusion ensues.

uumyeah tpvp

Attachments:

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Hi

Seems like you just caught on. Most serious thieves that have been regulars on the forum have moved on a different game or professions. I personally run an Axe/Warhorn+GS Warrior now. It has more sustain, group support, condition cleansing, healing, mobility, damage and burst compared to my Berserker/Valkyrie D/D+SB thief and let’s face it, that profession will get all the future love as well.

Sincerely,

Ex-main thief

Yup, I moved on to a mesmer, honestly…i like it better than my thief

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB