DAREDEVIL Utilities and STAFF SKILLS

in Thief

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Staff = bad
Healing = bad
Utility = cool
Elite = super cool

Yeah, pretty much this. Will need to play it live to make final decision on this (…since Anet’s apparently finalized our class not having the option of a decent 1200 range weapon, or even the optional 1,050 range we previously had…)

Elite is kitten kittening nice though.

…also where are the traits?

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Will need to play it live to make final decision on this (…since Anet’s apparently finalized our class not having the option of a decent 1200 range weapon, or even the optional 1,050 range we previously had…)

they keep the best for last: a new and improved Ricochet, and all that jazz

in Thief

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

So…Isn’t there trait that gives 10% more damage just for having a staff?
This will need to be tested extensively.
Hopefully you guys don’t get the QQ chrono did.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Any one else thought of the Diablo 3 monk with Fist Flurry?

Edit: Pulmonary impact should totally crit….. Like 100% (numbers balanced for it ofc), what’s more critical then exploding lungs?

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

in Thief

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Will need to play it live to make final decision on this (…since Anet’s apparently finalized our class not having the option of a decent 1200 range weapon, or even the optional 1,050 range we previously had…)

they keep the best for last: a new and improved Ricochet, and all that jazz

One can only hope.

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I really do.
Hope.

in Thief

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Is this the thread where we are not raging like a bunch of two year olds? Traits and staff look really fun gonna be awesome.

I sure hope so. I can’t wait for the full POI episode!

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

All those hidden knives, fist attacks, condi removal, more weakness spam, knockdowns, all the combo finishers sword never got and I got my block/counter I wanted from my Landspear dream. So many things I’ve always wanted. ;o Sounds awesome. Looks like they want our lack of stability to remain our weakness and let us keep evasion spam/mobility.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Staff = bad
Healing = bad
Utility = cool
Elite = super cool

Yeah, pretty much this. Will need to play it live to make final decision on this (…since Anet’s apparently finalized our class not having the option of a decent 1200 range weapon, or even the optional 1,050 range we previously had…)

The optional 1050 range is in Ankle Shots, it’s just not on the tooltip.

in Thief

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

I’m so afraid that this is all just the datamined stuff from 4 months ago and that they’ll show us new, ‘better’ stuff on Friday. My pessimistic side is telling me this is too good to be true. Also, I like how daggers are “physical” skills XD. Others are nice though. Mmm, that 10s recharge block, stun-break, and knock down that can be traited down to 8.

(edited by Treetoptrickster.4205)

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

And my build just went from DA/CS/TR to DD/CS/TR. Instead of signet for might, I get damage. =) Worth. Still not using staff without poi convincing me.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I am not going to hold my breath. All it takes is a few nerfs and all that hype and energy becomes wasted. Anet nerfed evade spam before and they are going to do it again. Just watch.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Nerf evades all you want, I have damaging nuclear skills that work with my set up.
D/P-Shortbow with Daredevil/critStrikes/trickery. 100-0? Ok.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Hook Strike, the steath attack from Staff cause Knockdown. This is extremely satisfying…

Problem is staff doesn’t provide stealth from itself so….

This looks like a job for trappers runes. One trap and respite is all you would need.

Or trait SA and take hidden thief ,steal to target and hook.

Trapper runes for pvp confirmed?

in Thief

Posted by: agnostAnts.7065

agnostAnts.7065

So…Isn’t there trait that gives 10% more damage just for having a staff?
This will need to be tested extensively.
Hopefully you guys don’t get the QQ chrono did.

Specifically the trait grants 10% more damage while wielding a staff WHEN endurance is not full. Which, honestly, might as well be a 100% uptime in combat situations.

in Thief

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

https://youtu.be/_CU0ZzJK1sc?t=1m20s

I really hope the Elite and Fist Flurry look somewhat similar to this

I think it’s gonna be more related to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQD2w4HU3jw

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

(edited by supa suop.8026)

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My Thief is gonna be Ora Ora-ing everything in his path.
https://youtu.be/rdAQJBOHVfA?t=127

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: MatthiasL.5346

MatthiasL.5346

Looks awesome so far. The autoattack might be a bit too weak but this can be changed after bwe. The initiative costs are quite high, so acrobatics “upper hand” trait or trickery traitline might be needed. All other aspects are really good and “fitting” for thief. Looking at range indicators staff is like a mid-range weapon and should be a good alternative regarding sb. In addition to that we finally get a needed block and whirl finisher.

Thanks for non stealth alternative A-Net!

(edited by MatthiasL.5346)

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

If this is true, thief will become a kittening war machine.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Looks awesome to me! Now I can only hope the added mobility will help a scrub like myself survive in pvp…

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

My Thief is gonna be Ora Ora-ing everything in his path.
https://youtu.be/rdAQJBOHVfA?t=127

Hahahahahaha! Either one of these 3 would be amazing imo xD

in Thief

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Windwalker Thief

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Thief

Posted by: reinforever.8902

reinforever.8902

Windwalker Thief

Yasuo? I wouldn’t mind a yasuo shoulderpiece

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I don’t see staff replacing d/d for my life on hit tank (I can get far more than 3 heal ticks with death blossom) for pve, but for pvp? This is pretty much dead on for what I wanted in a pvp set. Mobility and survivability with a stealth based disable.

Even for the deathblossom PvE condi spec though, the new heal on evade trait and the one that tosses condi daggers on dodge increases both the condition DPS and surviability of that spec, and bandit’s defense is just pure win shadowstep just got fired as my pve stunbreak.

Still not happy acro had to be gutted for this to exist, but what I’m seeing here is a solid weaponset and supporting traits/utils for a melee control pvp spec that takes some skill to pull off, and solid traits/utils that make existing pve specs a lot better.

The only sad part is I’ll probably have to drop deadly arts for it, and I’ve gotten to like the double steals from improvisation

That elite though? That’s insanely meta changing in a really good way. It gives thieves a much better “special thing” than just dropping stealth as they can function as top tier stompers now and really shift fights meaningfully in that role.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

in Thief

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Stupid people who does not main thief think; thief elite spec is the solution of its brokenness without fixing its own core Mechanic given how they gave other class a skill which totally Shutdown the Core. people need to stop datamining and should start play the game with their multiple alts.
Staff? really people? Pathetic.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in Thief

Rain.9213

Stupid people who does not main thief think; thief elite spec is the solution of its brokenness without fixing its own core Mechanic given how they gave other class a skill which totally Shutdown the Core. people need to stop datamining and should start play the game with their multiple alts.

Wow someone is really upset. You haven’t even tried staff and are already brushing it off as bad. Obviously, this doesn’t fix core Thief but it could potentially offer a way of actually being able to hold a point by providing us with a non-stealth based alternative similar to old S/D.

in Thief

PopeUrban.2578

I don’t think anyone is suggesting this spec “fixes thief”

It is, however, pretty good in its own right at doing what it’s supposed to do, which is add the option of a reliable bunker style spec to the class.

This doesn’t make the rest of our broken stuff okay, and it’s definately not okay that they had to hose acro for this (honestly, this should just be acro) but in and of itself it’s a kitten good set of skills and a weapon that compliments that playstyle.

That heal is super lame though.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

in Thief

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Wow i think i hit someone in the head.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in Thief

Posted by: Waterseer.7089

Waterseer.7089

This is how I imagine Thief in a 1vX fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Cb2d0ZUVs

Oh, and here’s the staff stuff:
https://youtu.be/f61V7PDqHqQ?t=40

in Thief

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

OK you guys wanna trade your elite with Rebound?

in Thief

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Or it could be 5,520 in 3 pulses…

It’s also stationary/roots in place while channeling…

Withdraw still seems better since it doesn’t root/channel, evades, cleanses condies, and has less of a CD.

That heal better be 5,520 per pulse and not 5,520 over 3 pulses….

I think it will be similar to ele’s ether renewal where you can move around while channeling. I also highly doubt it will heal 15-23K on a 20 s cooldown AND restore 75 % of endurance…

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Or it could be 5,520 in 3 pulses…

It’s also stationary/roots in place while channeling…

Withdraw still seems better since it doesn’t root/channel, evades, cleanses condies, and has less of a CD.

That heal better be 5,520 per pulse and not 5,520 over 3 pulses….

I think it will be similar to ele’s ether renewal where you can move around while channeling. I also highly doubt it will heal 15-23K on a 20 s cooldown AND restore 75 % of endurance…

A spec focused around quick movements and interrupts with a long channel, highly interruptable heal… I sense a little bit of irony. It would be nice if it were more like the Ranger’s troll unguent with a cast time and then pulses on the second afterwards, but I think you’re correct.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Rain.9213

We all know we’re all still gonna run Withdraw/Hide in Shadows for pvp/wvw so whatever xD Still it would have been nice if it had been like Troll Unguent as Maugetarr said. Would have given us some awesome sustain while fighting. I imagine Channeled Vigor could still be pretty good for PvE Though as Withdraw can roll you off stacking positions and away from your team where you need to be.

I could potentially see Channeled Vigor being REALLY good for a Trapper Ranger though IF the Needle trap is dropped right as you activate it and are granted Stealth+Superspeed while healing.

in Thief

PopeUrban.2578

Looks interesting. But I’d like some stability and resistance.

The point is that your defenses are active rather than passive. Stability and resistance are passive forms of defense used to make up for not being able to dodge or stunbreak enough.

The new traits allow steal to refill end, give us a 3 dodge bar, and grant 10 end for using physical skills while reducing the CD of them. That means that 10 second recharge stunbreak/block/reactive knockdown is actually an 8 second recharge stunbreak/block/reactive knockdown that gives you 10 endurance, not to mention your dodges clear both cripple and frozen and add swiftness.

They setup is intended for you to not actually need stability and resistance because you have the ability to dodge or counter those problem attacks.

in Thief

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Hook Strike, the steath attack from Staff cause Knockdown. This is extremely satisfying…

Problem is staff doesn’t provide stealth from itself so….

This looks like a job for trappers runes. One trap and respite is all you would need.

Or trait SA and take hidden thief ,steal to target and hook.

Hidden Thief and one or two Deception skills will probably be the better solution. Traps kick you out of stealth way too easily. You might not even have a chance to use your Hook Strike.

Really looking forward to this specialization. My Power PvE Thief bores the hell out of me. But now they really have to work on Acrobatics and give it back some relevance.

in Thief

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I’m th eone that think that all that stuffs will make Thief “OP” in 1vs1?
Seriously, the enemy will not be able to land a single skill before I kill him XD
Interrupt, daze, stun, blind, it seems to be pretty cool and be able to fight in 1vs1 without stealth. Also depend on the class you fight, but against a class with low stability that specializzation will be able to make a massacre!

Really nice.
I want to try it!!!!!

And we still need to see the Fx mechanic. A 2handed weapon will change a lot the core mechanic and we still don’t know what the new one will be.

I want to know!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Seriously, the enemy will not be able to land a single skill before I kill him XD
Interrupt, daze, stun, blind, it seems to be pretty cool and be able to fight in 1vs1 without stealth. Also depend on the class you fight, but against a class with low stability that specializzation will be able to make a massacre!

Really nice.
I want to try it!!!!!

And we still need to see the Fx mechanic. A 2handed weapon will change a lot the core mechanic and we still don’t know what the new one will be.

I want to know!!!

you mean what is gonna replace steal?
sorry to disappoint you but it seems like the thief dev is extremely lazy… why rework our class mechanic for an elite spec if you can just slap on an extra 50 endurance?

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Pretty sure our “class mecanic” is actually the fact we can replace dodge with something else. It’s not done in the minor trait though because we need to chose which new dodge we take.

in Thief

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Really nice.
I want to try it!!!!!

I want to know!!!

sorry to disappoint you but it seems like the thief dev is extremely lazy… why rework our class mechanic for an elite spec if you can just slap on an extra 50 endurance?

You guys do realize all the interrupts daze and stun are necessary because of all the stability right? Every other class will be able to hit almost 10 stacks if not more, all the stuns wont work if they have that much stab up when fighting you now will they, unless you time the steal and even then they can get more.

Secondly what exactly is the point of completely changing a class mechanic to the point where no one will be able to work it into their play properly for weeks, You build on what people are already used to not revamp for the sake of revamping.

Steal is probably the least most versatile class mechanic in the game. Steal and gain boons and a new ability, you cannot do much with that except change stolen abilities, what boons you get or what bonuses you get when you land a steal eg flat endurance

in Thief

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Pretty sure our “class mecanic” is actually the fact we can replace dodge with something else. It’s not done in the minor trait though because we need to chose which new dodge we take.

the options for dodge dont seem like playstyle changers compared to anything else though.
not really that different from old dodge modifying traits on other classes, except im assuming they have animations.

also this class probably should have been called acrobat, it does feel like they too the acrobat style of play and improved it.

i like some of the stuff, but this doesnt really feel like a different thing, just a thief with some new skills and weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Really nice.
I want to try it!!!!!

I want to know!!!

You guys do realize all the interrupts daze and stun are necessary because of all the stability right? Every other class will be able to hit almost 10 stacks if not more, all the stuns wont work if they have that much stab up when fighting you now will they, unless you time the steal and even then they can get more.

Secondly what exactly is the point of completely changing a class mechanic to the point where no one will be able to work it into their play properly for weeks, You build on what people are already used to not revamp for the sake of revamping.

Steal is probably the least most versatile class mechanic in the game. Steal and gain boons and a new ability, you cannot do much with that except change stolen abilities, what boons you get or what bonuses you get when you land a steal eg flat endurance

you can alter the mechanic entirely, or just add to it. like every other spec did.

in Thief

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Here’s my opinion so far:

AA – Very lack luster and the 3rd chain is 1 sec long cast time. WTF?
Stealth Attack – Awesome. But how are you going to stealth? LoL!
Weakening Charge – Basically, it is the warrior Whirling Attacking w/o the evade or damage. Looks cool.
Debilitating Arc – They couldn’t think of anything else so this is basically Disabling Shot but it is pretty good.
Dust Strike – Very situational
Vault – Meh. I’m assuming there will be an animation with this since it says “1” sec cast time. The enemy will see where you port. This will never replace the instant 900 range SB 5.

Channeled Vigor – LOL! Ether renew. I love to interrupt those ele’s that use it. Poor design a thief is suppose to be mobile and quick yet they want use to channel a heal for almost 3 secs?

Reflexive Strike – Meh. 1 sec block?
Fist Flurry – Very situational. Its 1.25 channel and all kittens must land. I can see using this after a CC but normally your attack will be block/invul/miss/dodge etc so you won’t get the full effect of this skill.
Distracting Dagger – Basically a mantra with power block. They only reason it works for Mesmer is because of the stun + CI. Meh.
Impairing Daggers – Have you guys tried to use dancing dagger (D#4) at max range? Lolz miss, obstruct, etc. GL guys

Elite – It looks like a chain. Unless your first or second attack down the target, 3rd chain is useless. The whole chain takes longer then a regular stomp.

My prediction will be that Staff will be cool at first but it is trash. DD will be better when paired with other weapons. The utilities competes with Deceptions and Signet and it just doesn’t stack up well. Are you going to give up Shadow Step and Shadow Refuge? I highly doubt it. That leaves 1 utility slot open and I rather have more stealth or IS or SoA.

(edited by Gabriell.4856)

in Thief

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

@up, 2,25s channel is not 3s :P Will almost for sure be reduced to 1,5-1,75s after BWE
Distracting dagger is amazing. 1s load, 3 uses with instant use and increase cd by 10s + interrupt. That’s devastating if you interrupt a heal. This will be felt on all heals or burst skills with low cd. 100Blades? here sir, have +10s CD!
Finishing Blow is still better because you are not the premiere target for CC due to not being in stomping animation. It’s also harder to get rid of you and you can hit someone else with 2 hits and switch target for the last hit in chain on a downed target. If you also happen to down someone with preceding strike then next strike you instantly finish them before anyone can help them.

100% sure that healing is for all pulses together and not per pulse. That’s still good. Only 20s CD and it gives 25% endurance per pulse for a total of 75% and Elite Spec will have 3 dodge bardz so basically a bit over 2 bars of dodge on every heal.

There’s a lot of defense in dodges he gets (active def) + Elite Spec has a lot of access to knockdowns and such which can be considered offensive and defensive so quite versatile.

There are still traits to see. Stay cool and be patient.

(edited by Killyox.3950)

in Thief

Gabriell.4856

@up, 2,25s channel is not 3s :P Will almost for sure be reduced to 1,5-1,75s after BWE
Distracting dagger is amazing. 1s load, 3 uses with instant use and increase cd by 10s + interrupt. That’s devastating if you interrupt a heal. This will be felt on all heals or burst skills with low cd. 100Blades? here sir, have +10s CD!
Finishing Blow is still better because you are not the premiere target for CC due to not being in stomping animation. It’s also harder to get rid of you and you can hit someone else with 2 hits and switch target for the last hit in chain on a downed target. If you also happen to down someone with preceding strike then next strike you instantly finish them before anyone can help them.

100% sure that healing is for all pulses together and not per pulse. That’s still good. Only 20s CD and it gives 25% endurance per pulse for a total of 75% and Elite Spec will have 3 dodge bardz so basically a bit over 2 bars of dodge on every heal.

There’s a lot of defense in dodges he gets (active def) + Elite Spec has a lot of access to knockdowns and such which can be considered offensive and defensive so quite versatile.

Lol at interrupting heal. In higher lvl play, what heal will you be interrupting? Engi? Ele? Guardian? At most, maybe a necro heal.

Don’t get me wrong. Looks cool and I will definitely play it but I feel like as time goes by thief will use DD with other weaponset.

(edited by Gabriell.4856)

in Thief

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Staff concept looks really nice, not sure why ppl are dissin. Maybe some pf the skills could use less initiative? Acro staff inc?

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Thief

PopeUrban.2578

AA – It’s built more for making pve viable with the spec as it does a 3 sec weakness.

Stealth attack – The fact that the weapon doesn’t have built in stealth is probably why they made it so powerful (2 sec KD stealth opener would be broken if you could chain stealth like */d)

Weakening charge – It’s actually death blossom with weakness and direct damage in stead of bleed/evade. Makes the weapon viable to use with SoM as a white damage weapon.

Debilitating Arc – Breaks immob, allowing you greater flexibility in util choices.

Dust Strike – emergency blind if you’re out of end, same cost as Debilitating Arc so probably intended to be a situational/tactical choice between the two

Vault – Probably intended more as a gap closer/support trait proc opener for team fights. Seems a little expensive for what it does. Leap finisher does allow it to set up as a stealth combo so could have interesting team play interactions with the stealth attack?

Channeled Vigor – Any way you slice it it’s a lame heal. If you’re so low on end you need to use it, you’re not in a position where using it is actually safe. Reduce the healing ratio and give it something else. Pulsing blind or projectile reflect or something, IDK.

Reflexive strike – Traited, it’s an 8s recharge stun break as well as a block/reflexive knockdown. Looks like a really solid overall defense panic button.

Fist flurry – Super situational, but it’s unblockable, be a good CC follow up against anybody that runs passive block. Might be mechanically interesting if you can hold palm strike for a while. Good way to force the target to blow a dodge so you can exploit your advantage of extra dodges maybe?

Distracting Dagger – Looks intended for breaking heals to secure kills.

Impairing daggers – Slow makes it easier to exploit interrupt traits/gear and time dodges. Seems better as an opener than a gap closer.

Elite – Solid finisher. Means you don’t have to worry about stomping if you start the chain at the end of the opponent’s HP bar. If the chain times like autoattacks you could down the target with hit 1, miss hit 2 due to downed knockback, blind, etc, and still have time to run in and do hit 3 and finish them. Great roamer/skirmisher elite to full-kill targets and GTFO fast.

Overall staff seems like it’s got good bones, but testing needs to be done on those damage values they might be a little low, or they might be perfect when combined with the traits as a lesser damage/more durable melee set. It’s nice to see that the utilities/elite synergize well with existing sets and add real options as alternatives to deception utils.

It’s definately a better PvE set for non-condi builds just on virtue of spamming 2 and built in mobility, but it might need some cost/damage tweaks to be attractive for pvp.

in Thief

Killyox.3950

Lol at interrupting heal. In higher lvl play, what heal will you be interrupting? Engi? Ele? Guardian? At most, maybe a necro heal.

Don’t get me wrong. Looks cool and I will definitely play it but I feel like as time goes by thief will use DD with other weaponset.

In the beginning when friends still played and we went up against phantaram with team paradigm and chieftain ninjas which would be considered high level play interrupting, baiting etc was a normal mind games and it still happened a lot on both sides.
You have to know animations of heals by heart and be ready when to expect them based on current situation of enemy and yours. High level play does not mean there are no interrupts.

Obviously there are heals that are close to imposible to interrupt, like withdrawal. It still is a good skill. +you have access to slow. Expecting a heal drop slow and see if you can force them to do it during slow.

A great example of skills that just beg to be interrupted with this is Guardian’s Banish which is slow as hell and you can thus deny him one of his bunkering skills.

in Thief

Killyox.3950

snip

don’t forget there was a trait i believe Rush or something changing dodge into a rush that was throwing some daggers.

in Thief

Gabriell.4856

AA – It’s built more for making pve viable with the spec as it does a 3 sec weakness.

Stealth attack – The fact that the weapon doesn’t have built in stealth is probably why they made it so powerful (2 sec KD stealth opener would be broken if you could chain stealth like */d)

Weakening charge – It’s actually death blossom with weakness and direct damage in stead of bleed/evade. Makes the weapon viable to use with SoM as a white damage weapon.

Debilitating Arc – Breaks immob, allowing you greater flexibility in util choices.

Dust Strike – emergency blind if you’re out of end, same cost as Debilitating Arc so probably intended to be a situational/tactical choice between the two

Vault – Probably intended more as a gap closer/support trait proc opener for team fights. Seems a little expensive for what it does. Leap finisher does allow it to set up as a stealth combo so could have interesting team play interactions with the stealth attack?

Channeled Vigor – Any way you slice it it’s a lame heal. If you’re so low on end you need to use it, you’re not in a position where using it is actually safe. Reduce the healing ratio and give it something else. Pulsing blind or projectile reflect or something, IDK.

Reflexive strike – Traited, it’s an 8s recharge stun break as well as a block/reflexive knockdown. Looks like a really solid overall defense panic button.

Fist flurry – Super situational, but it’s unblockable, be a good CC follow up against anybody that runs passive block. Might be mechanically interesting if you can hold palm strike for a while. Good way to force the target to blow a dodge so you can exploit your advantage of extra dodges maybe?

Distracting Dagger – Looks intended for breaking heals to secure kills.

Impairing daggers – Slow makes it easier to exploit interrupt traits/gear and time dodges. Seems better as an opener than a gap closer.

Elite – Solid finisher. Means you don’t have to worry about stomping if you start the chain at the end of the opponent’s HP bar. If the chain times like autoattacks you could down the target with hit 1, miss hit 2 due to downed knockback, blind, etc, and still have time to run in and do hit 3 and finish them. Great roamer/skirmisher elite to full-kill targets and GTFO fast.

Overall staff seems like it’s got good bones, but testing needs to be done on those damage values they might be a little low, or they might be perfect when combined with the traits as a lesser damage/more durable melee set. It’s nice to see that the utilities/elite synergize well with existing sets and add real options as alternatives to deception utils.

It’s definately a better PvE set for non-condi builds just on virtue of spamming 2 and built in mobility, but it might need some cost/damage tweaks to be attractive for pvp.

Regarding the elite its on a 40 sec CD meaing you get one attempt at it. I’m assuming if you miss the chain will end.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

It seems Distracting Daggers is a toolkit. http://i.imgur.com/NWy34jF.png

It says EQUIP and there are multiple casts of them. What do you guys think?

Or it just simply occupies the slot and you can click on it 3 times?

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa