Don't you dare touch Backstab

in Thief

Posted by: TeoH.2098

TeoH.2098

‘Noone’ likes being zerg rushed either. Ask Blizzard about that one.

in Thief

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Fact: Thief is going to be nerfed.

Its not a L2P issue, its a broken mechanic issue and the might nerf bat is going to come down upon you.

And yes people are complaining about condition thieves as well because really what can you do against most of them?

Perfect example: You claim a thief is a glass cannon, okay. A glass cannon that can kill you before you can do anything to take advantage of that 90% of the time.
And the other is a condition thief not a glass cannon, but their mobility and surviablity is unrivaled.
The problem? In one word, stealth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEWOGcU61ng&list=PLdRu-1piROblxmQL9HcyqJKzgITtf9TTg&index=5&feature=plpp_video

1 button spam ftw.

in Thief

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

…and the amount of options and skills a thief has at its disposal to escape from a zerg or a failed attempt as opposed to an ele is……???

Yes, let’s also ignore the fact that there’s numerous number of aoe skills at an ele’s disposal too.

Just for you:

Seriously…people need to get better. That will fix the thief issue. Whining and kittening, asking for nerfs, simply because one cannot play a class to its potential and gets wrecked by another class, is not the solution.

Spend less time qqing on forums about dying to a thief, and perhaps people can improve on their skills.

So you go to the 1 guy (daphoenix) who is fully geared, and tanky as can be for your video proof of how good an Elementalist can be? You fail good sir, now go youtube some thief videos, and try playing an Elementalist before acting like you know one.

…and you, and your kind go to all the thieves that are fully geared and complete glass cannons for your qq.

To add to that, I do play an elementalist.

Shut up! Take your qq elsewhere.

PS: The fact that you’re so ignorant that you dismiss a pretty good elementalist as proof that elementalists are capable of being very good if played right, just because he’s geared, is not just laughable, but tells us a lot about yourself.

The fact ur saying a full glass cannon thief should have more survivability than a full toughness ele makes ur argument fail. The point I was making is a full glass cannon ele dies in 1 or 2 hits. A full glass cannon thief can live. Even as full toughness on an ele oir dmg sux and we get little survivability from it. Again ur comparisons fail.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Thief

Namu.5712

…and the amount of options and skills a thief has at its disposal to escape from a zerg or a failed attempt as opposed to an ele is……???

Yes, let’s also ignore the fact that there’s numerous number of aoe skills at an ele’s disposal too.

Just for you:

Seriously…people need to get better. That will fix the thief issue. Whining and kittening, asking for nerfs, simply because one cannot play a class to its potential and gets wrecked by another class, is not the solution.

Spend less time qqing on forums about dying to a thief, and perhaps people can improve on their skills.

So you go to the 1 guy (daphoenix) who is fully geared, and tanky as can be for your video proof of how good an Elementalist can be? You fail good sir, now go youtube some thief videos, and try playing an Elementalist before acting like you know one.

…and you, and your kind go to all the thieves that are fully geared and complete glass cannons for your qq.

PS: The fact that you’re so ignorant that you dismiss a pretty good elementalist as proof that elementalists are capable of being very good if played right, just because he’s geared, is not just laughable, but tells us a lot about yourself.

The fact ur saying a full glass cannon thief should have more survivability than a full toughness ele makes ur argument fail. The point I was making is a full glass cannon ele dies in 1 or 2 hits. A full glass cannon thief can live. Even as full toughness on an ele oir dmg sux and we get little survivability from it. Again ur comparisons fail.

I like how people compare a cloth class to a leather class lol

Apples and oranges folks.

And for the record ele have the worst surviability in the game. A thief is no where near that bad.

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

Just for you:

Did I ever say that? Stop talking out of your kitten.

Wow…no wonder you’re here talking about nerfing something that needs no nerfs.

A full glass cannon thief doesn’t die in 1-2 hits? Seriously SHUT UP AND LEAVE!

PS: Learn to play an elementalist properly. They have the BEST escape tools for WvW (glass cannon or not makes no difference). Also, a properly played elementalist has more survivability and utility than a thief trying to stealth and run any day of the week. It really makes me sad that so many people fail at playing elementalist in this game.

(edited by Kurow.6973)

in Thief

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Can people stop claiming THEIR OPINION as FACT?

Thanks

in Thief

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

I’ve so far played thief, necromancer, ranger, engineer and guardian in sPvP. I died the most as a thief, but also played it the most because of the fun.

Surprisingly my ranger is top of the ladder (win/loose). Maybe due to my pet not suffering from AU latency.

Last place is my Necromancer (actually my main, level 51 atm). Which kind of surprised me, because in PvE (MM, staff, daggers) she very rarely dies.

Anyway, I think that there is no need to nerf the thief. At least in PvE I can solo stuff on my other chars far more easily than on my thief. And she is not purely glass cannon.

Edit: I mean on my ranger a veteran + adds just takes a while, but its a 100% kill. I’ve got 2 devourer pets and spend quite a few points in beast mastery, btw. I killed a champion 2-manning with an elementalist. She died a lot, I didnt.

To come back to the point. Thiefs need to get close to do some serious damage. In PvE against a veteran or champion it’s still just a scratch and we need to move out and stick to our ranged weapons which do far less damage than melee.

In GW1 there was a system in place that changed or disabled certain abilities in PvP. Maybe that is something to consider for GW2. Nerfing the thief just for the sake of sPvP balance would just break PvE.

(edited by xlion.3065)

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

The fact that people make topics like this is a clear indication that the thief will be nerfed again.

OK let’s say it will be nerfed again.
What will be next?
Shortbow?
Stealth?
Death Blossom(again)?
Heartseeker(again)?
Pistol Whip(again)?
Will it ever bee enough?I think no.The bad thieves,looking for FOTM may eventually go to other class,but you will never stop whining,because the good ones will remain and they will play well and kill people,but they will be again OP and spammers and abusers and cheaters.

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

in Thief

Namu.5712

Until stealth if fixed/adjusted thieves will remain unbalanced.

in Thief

Kurow.6973

What needs to be fixed/adjusted for stealth? The fact that channel skills hit them through it? Mesmer illusions hit them through it?

in Thief

LOCO.1785

What needs to be fixed/adjusted for stealth? The fact that channel skills hit them through it? Mesmer illusions hit them through it?

Taking damage while in stealth is fine.

The bug is that channeled skills are still locked onto you when you drop stealth, that needs to be fixed.

in Thief

ZLE.8293

LOCO@,the guy doesn’t mean that ,when he says “fixed/adjusted”.
He means the rendering problem,which is not by any chance related to stealth.
It’s a client problem.So no fix for channeling skills if you ask him.

in Thief

Posted by: booyah.3825

booyah.3825

The fact that people make topics like this is a clear indication that the thief will be nerfed again.

OK let’s say it will be nerfed again.
What will be next?
Shortbow?
Stealth?
Death Blossom(again)?
Heartseeker(again)?
Pistol Whip(again)?
Will it ever bee enough?I think no.The bad thieves,looking for FOTM may eventually go to other class,but you will never stop whining,because the good ones will remain and they will play well and kill people,but they will be again OP and spammers and abusers and cheaters.

If Thief is so well balanced, implied by your “great” post, why do you even care if they get nerfed again? Don’t you play this profession because it’s fun?
Oh no? It’s because it IS incredibly powerful and easy to play?
Let me know what class you roll after a few more nerfs, kiddo.

in Thief

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

“If Thief is so well balanced, implied by your “great” post, why do you even care if they get nerfed again?”

Because they will be UP then?

“Don’t you play this profession because it’s fun?”

Sure, but who likes to play overnerfed profession? I’m sick of seeing perfectly balanced Rogue type characters nerfed to death in every game, because people (exept the ones playing them and the pros) are to lazy, dumb, or just to bad to counter them.
Assassins: Pub stomper. They kill baddies, and you seem to try everything to verify that accusation.

“Oh no? It’s because it IS incredibly powerful and easy to play?
Let me know what class you roll after a few more nerfs, kiddo.”

I will still roll Thief, no matter how much nerfes come and i most likely will still wipe the floor with you, since it’s not the class, it’s the player.

GG

(edited by Asum.4960)

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

New players complain about thieves the most because they just don’t know how to counter it. There have been several things mentioned in this thread about what to do and what not to do vs. a thief.

If you choose to make a build and not add in any stun/immobilize breakers that’s your own fault. There was even a mesmer earlier complaining about how they couldn’t avoid a thief (wise use of blink alone shuts down a LOT of thieves). Learn as much as you can about your class, how to counter the other classes, and pay attention.

It’s very rare that I have much of an issue with these high burst damage thieves. I find the condition damage ones to be harder to counter. Just be aware and keep some sort of anti-cc ability on your support bar. You don’t even need to change from being a fellow glass cannon if you can react and counter them quickly.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Thief

Kurow.6973

Taking damage while in stealth is fine.

The bug is that channeled skills are still locked onto you when you drop stealth, that needs to be fixed.

Isn’t that what I was talking about?

If Thief is so well balanced, implied by your “great” post, why do you even care if they get nerfed again? Don’t you play this profession because it’s fun?

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

in Thief

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

Assassin’s Signet cannot be used while stealthed. There, problem solved. I’m up for nerfing it. Since they nerfed every other skill in a different thief build. Why not do it here too, to even it out. Was never a fan of BS thieves neways (not that i had problems with them).

Either nerf assassin’s signet while in stealth orrrrrrr, nerf 100% crit while stealth to 20% additional crit while in stealth. Pretty reasonable imo.

in Thief

Kurow.6973

Assassin’s Signet cannot be used while stealthed. There, problem solved. I’m up for nerfing it. Since they nerfed every other skill in a different thief build. Why not do it here too, to even it out. Was never a fan of BS thieves neways (not that i had problems with them).

Either nerf assassin’s signet while in stealth orrrrrrr, nerf 100% crit while stealth to 20% additional crit while in stealth. Pretty reasonable imo.

If you played beta, you’d know 100% was introduced later on because something like 20% existed before, and it was complete, and utter kitten.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with thieves as is, sides a few bugs that needs fixing…and hopefully additional new weapon skills in the near future. However, bads will be bad and qq about dying to thieves no matter what kills them.

If anything regarding backstab or assassin’s signet is nerfed, I think ANet should then follow through and nerf EVERY SINGLE glass cannon build on EVERY SINGLE class to balance it out.

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

I think that they should eliminate the possibility to precast c&d.
That is really OP. C&D is supposed to have a cast time, but the “steal during animation” in fact brings it away. It should be steal-c&d-bs, not c&d-steal-bs.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Kurow.6973

I think that they should eliminate the possibility to precast c&d.
That is really OP. C&D is supposed to have a cast time, but the “steal during animation” in fact brings it away. It should be steal-c&d-bs, not c&d-steal-bs.

Would change nothing…and would only break how shadow steps and instant skill have ALWAYS worked in GW.

There’s nothing “OP” about it. Only people who feel it’s “OP” are the people with the reaction times of a sloth.

If they change instant skills and shadow steps on thieves, they should respectively change it all on other classes as well.

PS: NONE of the weapon skills are supposed to have a cast time. All it is, is a slow animation.

in Thief

Daendur.2357

i’m not talking about changing shadowstep, but if you cast c&d and before it lands another skill, c&d should be interrupted.
reaction time of a sloth. lol. with this little trick you can do mug+c&d+bs in less than a second. if you come from behind you target can do nothing at all.
It will be different if there will be the c&d’s animation between mug and bs. in that case you can react.

in Thief

bladie.5084

Forgot about what happened in beta (like i said, was never a fan of BS). But 100% critical during stealth? lol that’s complete ridiculous. What will ever happen if the community ever knew of the trait part regarding assassin’s signet w/ 100% chance of crit under stealth.

I agree, 20% was too low. Anet agreed and changed it, but 100%? “OP” and “imbalance” is an overstatement, but don’t you think that’s unfair?

Break even on 35% or 40% additional Critical hit.

in Thief

Daendur.2357

i think that 30points trait are a certainity, not a gamble.

in Thief

Kurow.6973

i’m not talking about changing shadowstep, but if you cast c&d and before it lands another skill, c&d should be interrupted.
reaction time of a sloth. lol. with this little trick you can do mug+c&d+bs in less than a second. if you come from behind you target can do nothing at all.
It will be different if there will be the c&d’s animation between mug and bs. in that case you can react.

No! This is how instant skills, and shadowsteps have always worked in GW. They do not interrupt already que’d and activated commands.

“Less than a second” – I hear that a lot around here, yet it appears to me like no one really knows how long a second is.

It’s very easy to counter a backstab carried thief, unless you have the reaction time of a…yes…sloth. If it wasn’t, I wouldn’t be stomping every single backstab thief that jumps me day in and day out. They’re extremely easy to counter, and really I see zero reasons for anyone to die to them. Deaths caused by your personal reaction time, or latency/ping is your own problem, not the class’s.

Forgot about what happened in beta (like i said, was never a fan of BS). But 100% critical during stealth? lol that’s complete ridiculous. What will ever happen if the community ever knew of the trait part regarding assassin’s signet w/ 100% chance of crit under stealth.

I agree, 20% was too low. Anet agreed and changed it, but 100%? “OP” and “imbalance” is an overstatement, but don’t you think that’s unfair?

Break even on 35% or 40% additional Critical hit.

GOOD thieves do not use that trait to begin with. Usually, if they’re physical raw damage based, they’re better off using 20% <50% HP.

…and no, it’s not ridiculous because you can only attack once from stealth, after which you’re prevented from stealthing for another 3 seconds.

(edited by Kurow.6973)

in Thief

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

^Actually I’ve seen people report that it isn’t 100% chance to crit out of stealth, so the trait might be bugged to not always give 100% chance to critical on the first hit out of stealth, also it’s a 30 point trait it should be pretty strong.

Will test later.

in Thief

Posted by: TeoH.2098

TeoH.2098

Don’t bother responding. Namu is a simple gimmick poster that repeats this kitten in every thread he can find but isn’t capable of arguing his point. Just treat him as scenery and move on.

But 100% critical during stealth? lol that’s complete ridiculous. What will ever happen if the community ever knew of the trait part regarding assassin’s signet w/ 100% chance of crit under stealth.

That’s funny, the 100% crit trait is a terrible option for glass cannon builds because they are already running at over 50% crit. They also have easy access to fury, so for much of a fight will be at over 70% crit chance. The alternative choice for last slot in crit traits is +20% damage against targets below 50% life, which is vastly superior to increasing your crit rate from 70% to 100% on 1 skill.

That trait is practically a scrub trap that appeals to silly people with no numeracy skills.

“OoOoOhh 100% crit!”

(edited by TeoH.2098)

in Thief

bladie.5084

What will ever happen if the community ever knew of the trait part regarding assassin’s signet w/ 100% chance of crit under stealth.

Another 3 seconds to cloak and use another 100% guarantee critial BS. You’re too biased about BStabbing. I do believe strongly that BS shouldn’t be a 100% critical hit, unless you bought something or invested in other traits,buffs, to make it 100% (or near it).

BS thieves are easy to defeat, once you know how they operate and how to counter them at the crucial moment. But you are sugar coating when you say they are easy to kill in general. If they were, people wouldn’t be making so many BSer thieves.

in Thief

ZLE.8293

OK,about the “fun,op and balanced” part somebody already answered you.
About the personal part i will respond:
First,thanks about the kiddo.I am pushing 38,so this made me feel quite younger.
Second,i will disappoint you ,but i am not going anywhere.Unlike you,my signature is quite clear.You can see my name,my guild,you can add me to your friend list,track me in sPVP and teach me a lesson about pro gaming.I don’t intend to roll another character until i reach rank 80 SPvP.So far i am rank 32 and things are getting quite ugly.(195 000 points for 30-40 bracket,40-50 is at least 500 000 and so forth).I am not seeing myself becoming rank 80 up until a year maybe.
Third,about my build.I am playing condition/stealth build with zero burst/crit.
I don’t use any of those skills/builds that are on the chopping wood(at least the haters suggest this) .Sadly for you this build was already nerfed long ago in the beta’s.ANet increased the initiative cost of both key skills C&D and DB months ago.

(edited by ZLE.8293)

in Thief

bladie.5084

Don’t bother responding. Namu is a simple gimmick poster that repeats this kitten in every thread he can find but isn’t capable of arguing his point. Just treat him as scenery and move on.

But 100% critical during stealth? lol that’s complete ridiculous. What will ever happen if the community ever knew of the trait part regarding assassin’s signet w/ 100% chance of crit under stealth.

That’s funny, the 100% crit trait is a terrible option for glass cannon builds because they are already running at over 50% crit. They also have easy access to fury, so for much of a fight will be at over 70% crit chance. The alternative choice for last slot in crit traits is +20% damage against targets below 50% life, which is vastly superior to increasing your crit rate from 70% to 100% on 1 skill.

That trait is practically a scrub trap that appeals to silly people with no numeracy skills.

“OoOoOhh 100% crit!”

EXACTLY. (was waiting for someone to point it out) So why would it hurt to nerf that part? If you truly know your thief and all it’s build, nerfing it to 30% additional wouldnt hurt at all. You’re just going to have to invest more in precision (your option) and take chances to BS in intense battles when you dont have your fury up. That’s a perfect well defined nerf. Or use that very nice sigil that lets you do 100% crit dmg upon weapon swap.

That’s all I’m saying though. If there was to be a nerf, it’s gotta be either 100% critical, or assassin’s signet.

in Thief

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

There is a reason when you join a spvp pub 80% of the teams are thieves.

In fact, there are more guardians or mesmers than thieves in random sPvP.

in Thief

ZLE.8293

If Thief is so well balanced, implied by your “great” post, why do you even care if they get nerfed again

EXACTLY. (was waiting for someone to point it out) So why would it hurt to nerf that part? .

Now this is exactly the attitude that bothers me.You guys want nerfing for the sake of nerfing itself.Just a little bit here,little bit there.Just for the sport ,it will not hurt at all.

in Thief

bladie.5084

If Thief is so well balanced, implied by your “great” post, why do you even care if they get nerfed again

EXACTLY. (was waiting for someone to point it out) So why would it hurt to nerf that part? .

Now this is exactly the attitude that bothers me.You guys want nerfing for the sake of nerfing itself.Just a little bit here,little bit there.Just for the sport ,it will not hurt at all.

Nice, you’re quoting partial quotes from different posts. Way to misconstrue other people’s posts and intentions.

in Thief

ZLE.8293

I didn’t mean to connect the two posts if that’s what you mean.

in Thief

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Just for you:

Did I ever say that? Stop talking out of your kitten.

Wow…no wonder you’re here talking about nerfing something that needs no nerfs.

A full glass cannon thief doesn’t die in 1-2 hits? Seriously SHUT UP AND LEAVE!

PS: Learn to play an elementalist properly. They have the BEST escape tools for WvW (glass cannon or not makes no difference). Also, a properly played elementalist has more survivability and utility than a thief trying to stealth and run any day of the week. It really makes me sad that so many people fail at playing elementalist in this game.

ok first of all, I never said nerf thief, I am all against nerfing. My point was u posted a defensively specced ele as proof elementalist have more survivability. Yet ur whole argument is not to nerf a cannon build. Of course a defensive spec ele is going to survive a lil longer. But we have to spec defensively. Ur survivabilty as thief comes from using ur initiative and stealth correctly, not from limiting urself to a certain build. Sorry if I make u mad but calm down and actually read what Im saying before raging. I never wanted a nerf. Also sorry if typos sending this from phone. On a side note took a level 4 thief to WvW using shortbow #5 is like having 3 lightning flashes in row + stealth to remove target from myself. Thats a hell of a survivability even at level 4.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

(edited by Otaur.9268)

in Thief

ZLE.8293

Pistol/Dagger condition is OP?
That’s new one.So i guess i(running D/D and P/D condition) am OP as well.
After 1150 games with similar build i can tell you at least 50 tricks&tips how to counter
P/D condition thief to the point of making him laughable.But i won’t off course.
Play the game,learn from your own mistakes.

in Thief

Posted by: ArchNemesis.4897

ArchNemesis.4897

Pistol/Dagger condition is OP?
That’s new one.So i guess i(running D/D and P/D condition) am OP as well.
After 1150 games with similar build i can tell you at least 50 tricks&tips how to counter
P/D condition thief to the point of making him laughable.But i won’t off course.
Play the game,learn from your own mistakes.

You could outright WRITE OUT how to counter it, it won’t make a difference. People are here to post and complain, not read and learn. If they were willing to learn how to counter they wouldn’t be kittenposting in the first place.

It’s unfortunate but the fact of the matter is gamers nowadays are spoiled brats that want instant gratification. When they don’t get it, they whine and cry like those little children at the supermarket.

in Thief

LOCO.1785

Not all gamers, just the ones that haven’t hit puberty.

in Thief

Posted by: Blazer Hellsing.9184

Blazer Hellsing.9184

I don’t really mind a nerf to the Backstab build, it is a bad and weak build anyways. The nerf should be directed at Assassins Signet! Change the damage boost to 15% more damage done for the next 5 sec uppon activation.

I will continue to rock my Blood Storm and Venom Control builds and dominate all.

Main: Thief
Alts: Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer, Elementalist (bunker)

in Thief

ZLE.8293

Blazer Hellsing.9184@ it’s not a matter of what you mind,or what i mind for that matter.
I don’t use BS too.What matters is ,if BS needs to be nerfed.Heartseeker needed and i was one of the most active in this forum about nerfing HS.Does BS needs nerf?Or it’s not the skill itself,but its Assassin’s signet.Luckily this is up to ANet to decide.But we are seeing an avalanche of whining,from somehow sensible to completely kitten That’s whats troubling me.The complete total rant for total nerf.From weapon sets, weapon skill,UI skills,traits to basic mechanics like initiative system and Stealth.

in Thief

Blazer Hellsing.9184

I don’t even think Heartseeker needed a nerf, neither did pistol whip. Both Heatseeker and Pistolwhip pre-nerf were not the best builds, Pistolwhip came very close to being the best build but there are 2 builds that were and are better now.

in Thief

ZLE.8293

Heartseekeer needed a nerf.Cluster Bomb needs a small nerf.Pistol Whip didn’t need a nerf(Haste deserved it).Backstab don’t need nerf(Assassin Signet maybe deserve it).A lotof other thief skills need a buff/redesign.

in Thief

bladie.5084

I didn’t mean to connect the two posts if that’s what you mean.

Thank you for stating that.

People have made this topic and others have defended it knowing that BS does a lil too much damage, or honestly thinks it’s balance and the burst damage is very acceptable.

Truth is, it’s inevitable. The complaints are already stacking up of how they are mysteriously dieing to thieves (like shown already around this forum). Fight as hard as you want but the simplicity of BSing for major burst damage is just too good to be true and seen as OP from players that aren’t familiar with Thieves. IE: Pistol whip.

I’m not fond of having a BS build as main, but it’s fun to toy with and it’s pretty good as a secondary finisher. I don’t have any problems against BS thieves too. But from playing BS from time to time, i do agree that it accumalates so much Burst damage effortlessly in one hit.

If/When it gets nerfed, it’s either gonna be the skill itself, assassin’s signet, or 100% critical in stealth. I’d plan and encourage Anet to nerf the 100% critical part. It’ll satisfy the other gamers and it’ll still let you reach your potential max damage. You just wont be “critting” 100% of the time. That’s a sacrfice i’d be willing to make if there would ever be a nerf to BS.

Oh and btw you’re wrong. I don’t want to nerf things for the sake of nerfing. I brought up the truth and why BS has a good possibility to get nerfed and showed what’s probably going to get nerfed (which should be pretty obvious).

(edited by bladie.5084)

in Thief

ZLE.8293

“The others will never be satisfied”,that’s for sure…
The 100% critical part will remain 70% critical( plus trait for 20% dmg under 50%) due to gear+traits and the problem will remain(the discussion here is if there is a problem to begin to).

(edited by ZLE.8293)

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

thief imo is not imba, they are fine as they are,

btw im not playing thief,

as how i see it in pvp and or wvwvw

players are slowly evolving to stow away glass specced traits,

i, myself, ditched berserkers set, and went full pseudo tanky build,

things i learned playing this game, know your role you want to play, and react fast

in Thief

Blazer Hellsing.9184

Heartseekeer needed a nerf.Cluster Bomb needs a small nerf.Pistol Whip didn’t need a nerf(Haste deserved it).Backstab don’t need nerf(Assassin Signet maybe deserve it).A lotof other thief skills need a buff/redesign.

Cluster bomb needs a small nerf? lol, it needs a buff.

in Thief

ZLE.8293

Apparently you don’t spam it in your own feet as a melee skill…

in Thief

Posted by: Shomaruki.7395

Shomaruki.7395

My main is a mesmer, I have three level 80s. I paused playing a thief simply because of one thing. The challenge isn’t there. So far no one’s been able to finish my Gold bet I placed long ago when I said about comparing the class cannons.

True glass cannons are meant to give damage at the cost of not taking a few hits. Whoever keeps saying glass cannons die in 1-2 hits, just stop. Stop it right now, cause my mesmer has two builds and one of them is glass cannon and I can tell you right now, I’ve taken more hits then 2. Possibly ten to twelve since I keep my mantra heals on stand by and my decoy.

This is the win question(s) right here.

Which is the BEST glass cannon to that kills and WHY is it better then the other classes. THEN you have to answer why does that class managed to walk away better in 1v1s.

I’m the [Captain] of the T.Coast

in Thief

Blazer Hellsing.9184

Apparently you don’t spam it in your own feet as a melee skill…

Why would I when I can leaping death blossom?

in Thief

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

You could outright WRITE OUT how to counter it, it won’t make a difference. People are here to post and complain, not read and learn. If they were willing to learn how to counter they wouldn’t be kittenposting in the first place.

It’s unfortunate but the fact of the matter is gamers nowadays are spoiled brats that want instant gratification. When they don’t get it, they whine and cry like those little children at the supermarket.

Sadly thats the problem here, and in the new gaming generation in general.

Also, bladie, please stop acting like you have the wisdom and truth given to you, and everybody else (and their opinions) are just pure speculation, even more so since you don’t even seem to understand backstab Thief, what they have to do and which skills and traits they take.

Your biased statements like "stop fighting (..you know you are OP) " are just disgraceful towards the people who actually try to help here, explaining how a Thief actually works and how to counter them.
We don’t fight to not get nerfed, we don’t try to justify the current state and we don’t secretly think that the class we like is OP, all we do here is trying to help people to fight a balanced class, by telling them how the mechanics actually work, and how to counter them.
Nobody likes overnerfs, and thats what it would be to nerf a balanced class.

And if you continue to cry for nerfs for skills most backstab Thieves don’t even use (with the reasoning “what would it hurt”, really?), with the purpose to nerf backstab Thieves, simply because you can’t play against them, then you are honestly making a fool of yourself.

(edited by Asum.4960)

in Thief

ZLE.8293

We don’t fight to not get nerfed, we don’t try to justify the current state and we don’t secretly think that the class we like is OP, all we do here is trying to help people to fight a balanced class, by tellem them how the mechanics actually work, and how to counter them.
Nobody likes overnerfs, and thats what it would be to nerf a balanced class.

When this guys say YOU THIEVES,they don’t realize that me(as a thief) have to fight the same amount of thieves as themselves.Minus 1.
We(thieves) don’t just nod each other and go our ways when we meet on the battlefield.We DESTROY ourselves with so much relentless.Oh boy!There will always be this ego thing to show the other who’s the real deal:
“So you wanna be a thief huh?Ha!Think again boy”
So we are not just blindly defend every aspect of our class ,believe me
When i say,that BS shouldn’t be nerfed is because i mean it.I don’t use it at all,i am condition thief.And one of my biggest enemies are the good glass cannons,and when i defend them is because i think it’s right.

(edited by ZLE.8293)