Nerf Wish list

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

its so sad there is a nerf wish list 4 the thief . u need a wish list telling u how to use your build against a thief lol thief’s r easy to kill if u do it right . the only class u should have trouble killing a thief with is like an element unless they r running a d/d regen element than the thief will have some trouble

You do realize this is just a joke thread, riiight?

(And please, use proper grammar and punctuation…I had to read your post 3-4 times to understand the gist of it.)

Not a joke, this is serious business. We can’t let a single game update without a Thief nerf…that would be an abomination!

This ^
Seriously, think about it… I think you WANT these changes…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

What: Sanduskel’s Thief
Why: Too stronk

All is vain.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

Oh no, what have you done, you have summoned “he who should not be named”. He’ll be here in a few minutes telling you how decent thieves don’t use permastealth at least 50 times in the same thread now.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

Also:
what: the thief class
why: because the fact this class still exists it’s quite OP

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Oh no, what have you done, you have summoned “he who should not be named”. He’ll be here in a few minutes telling you how decent thieves don’t use permastealth at least 50 times in the same thread now.

You cannot “summon” something that would -most likely- appear of its own volition.
Eh, I suppose I can’t give the guy too much crap, considering I run my own Thief stealthless. /shrug

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

what: Stomps
why: People must feel bad when they get stomped by a thief. Therefore, thieves should not be allowed to stomp. We should force them to desperately auto attack their opponent – no wait, people who get downed by thieves should have instant rally. Or even better, once the person rallies, the thief gets downed instead so they can be stomped.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

What: The number of thieves that can be made on an account
Why: They make each other exponentially more powerful

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

What: nothing
Why: Thieves already got hit a thousand times by the nerd bat and are just starting to get buffed to being balanced.

This thread is a joke, you really expect people to WANT thief nerds unless they unskillfully play another profession? Let me reinforce the idea that if you complain about thieves, you are an UNSKILLFUL player of a different class because any good player can go toe to toe with a thief and it comes down to how well you play, not the profession.

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

What: heartseeker spam
Why: because dodging and using defensive skills for non-thieves is just too much work.

Just another noob thief…

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

Running a 4 signet thief whose only source of stealth is Cloak and Dagger with no initiative regen or stealth traits. Still getting accused of permastealth :P

What: Cloak and Dagger
Why: Yski OP. Long range initiative free permastealth! Oh wait..

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

(edited by yski.7642)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

What: Ability to gain xp via any means.
Why: A level 1 thief clearly has the same, if not greater powers than a level 80 of any other completely geared class.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Easlay.3297

Easlay.3297

what#1: shortbow
why#1: insane damage, miles ahead of warrior bow/rifle damage. Plus the cluster bomb needs a shorter range; is so high that i can defend the the garrison from my war camp :ae:

what#2: stability
why#2: we have too many boons and stability perma up, need a nerf or a buff on other classes :ae:

[OSC] Easlay Koorst – Thief
Sfr

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

What: Traps.
Why: They weren’t really hit by the nerf bat yet.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Prince.7198

Prince.7198

What: Weapon skills
Why: Bcs not all of them got nerfed yet!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Prince.7198

What: low initiative cost
Why: Bcs they should only use 1 skill every 15 sec or its O to the P.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Prince.7198

What: Crits
Why: Thiefs shouldnt be able to crit, that is something for warriors, guardians and mesmers who have such low base dmg.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Prince.7198

What: acces to looking for group tool
Why: Theifs are so OP that they make other party members feel useless in a dungeon

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Prince.7198

What: Venoms
Why: That stuff 1shots any class with full cleric gear

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Why: Thiefs shouldnt be able to crit, that is something for warriors, guardians and mesmers who have such low base dmg.

ironically they already implemented it
you can’t do lv 44 fractal with any half decent thief build outside of condi and obviously people would rather take necro for that

34 Fleeting Precision Your critical chance is reduced
44 Overextended Take damage when you deal critical damage

i am still waiting for instability that makes you take extra dmg if you have high toughness or HP, but nope, let’s male a level that is specifically there to screw thieves

oh thieves survival is based on dodge? let’s fix it
42 Lethargic Reduced endurance regeneration
49 Stamina Outgoing damage is reduced when endurance is low

GG anet

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

What: Heartseeker damage bonus
Why: The bonus should not be compounded with other bonuses like Executioner, Flanking Strike (trait) and Vulnerability. It should be harder to finish off someone desperately fighting for their lives. Besides, blood-soaked daggers becomes dull over time so the heartseeker bonus doesn’t make any sense.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

What: Black Powder
Why: it’s perma blind cuz I don’t wanna step out of the field with my warrior, and thieves keep putting down another field like every other second.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

What: Skelk Venom
Why: It’s so bad, it’s good.

All is vain.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Why: it’s perma blind cuz I don’t wanna step out of the field with my warrior, and thieves keep putting down another field like every other second.

hahahahaha yeah . . .

Why: Pollute Tyria

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

What: Sword Auto
Why: BECUZ SWORD OHPEE

Attachments:

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

OH MY GAWD!!! that’s too OP. Not just the Sword Auto but that sword as well — no Thief should be allowed to use any sword at all, especially that one.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

What: Baslisk Venom
Why: It’s useable underwater.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Tetsuyja.7805

Tetsuyja.7805

What: Steal
Why: it’s cybercrime.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

What: Pistol Range
Why: Because 900 range is much to far to have to close while being shredded by unload spam.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

What: Thieves’ guild.
Why: It’s bad enough to fight against one thief. Why force a fight with three?

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

OH MY GAWD!!! that’s too OP. Not just the Sword Auto but that sword as well — no Thief should be allowed to use any sword at all, especially that one.

Don’t worry, Anet is taking care of the issue of thieves using swords on the 10th.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: XPGAMER.7324

XPGAMER.7324

What: Their abillity to post on the forums
Why: Meh actually it doesn’t matter much. Anet doesn’t listen/care abt em anyways

Whenever a thief tries to search the forums, anet should redirect them to a rickroll. We want them to feel loved, but mainly unheard. Cuz if thief wasn’t nerfed every patch, I’d rage on the forums about how op they are, and then they’d be mean to me :’(

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

What:
Caltrops (again)

Why:
It still does TWO conditions! a LOT! When the thief is GONE!

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

What: Their abillity to post on the forums
Why: Meh actually it doesn’t matter much. Anet doesn’t listen/care abt em anyways

Someone’s catching on here…

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

What: Vigor Access
Why : Thieves dodge too much in addition to their myriad of other defensive boons.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Why : Thieves dodge too much in addition to their myriad of other defensive boons.

:D wait till after tomorrow!

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Oops, did I get to real on this one?

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Oops, did I get to real on this one?

:P No, just a sign that some of them are coming true…
Can’t wait until all of them come true .

Pretty sure that’s who they’re balancing us around…

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They need to nerf our Armor from being so Trenchy. Trenchcoats are OP and restrict movement.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: cptn skyz.8706

cptn skyz.8706

first of all read this thief description from gw2 wiki : Thieves are expert in the shadow arts. They utilize stealth and shadowsteps to surprise and to get close to their target. They’re deadly in one-on-one combat using their agility, acrobatic fighting style, and the ability to steal to overcome their enemies. They have an affinity for setting traps and using venom. As an adventurer profession, thieves wear medium armor. 2. people complain about thief doing 10 to 16k crits so what we get killed in 2 hits by almost anyone besides some war hit for 10 to 20k crits 3. its not only the class that makes the difference but also the one playing , plz stop complaining about thieves saying they are to op , stealth is to op , op here op there op this op that , guys cmon just stop hating cuz you get killed by thieves , i mean we still get beaten and that is because the other guy is just better than us , learn to play before hating on thieves AND sorry for my english im french

Skyz Thief

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

cptn skyz.8706

lool worst reply ever , crit is part of all games and all classes in any games its like saying warrior should not have high hp bcuz they have alot of armor that should be for thieves bcuz they have a low hp and armor rate ..

Skyz Thief

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

first of all read this thief description from gw2 wiki : Thieves are expert in the shadow arts. They utilize stealth and shadowsteps to surprise and to get close to their target. They’re deadly in one-on-one combat using their agility, acrobatic fighting style, and the ability to steal to overcome their enemies. They have an affinity for setting traps and using venom. As an adventurer profession, thieves wear medium armor. 2. people complain about thief doing 10 to 16k crits so what we get killed in 2 hits by almost anyone besides some war hit for 10 to 20k crits 3. its not only the class that makes the difference but also the one playing , plz stop complaining about thieves saying they are to op , stealth is to op , op here op there op this op that , guys cmon just stop hating cuz you get killed by thieves , i mean we still get beaten and that is because the other guy is just better than us , learn to play before hating on thieves AND sorry for my english im french

What: Thieves are expert in the shadow arts.
Why: It’s unfair that they’re experts and other classes are not.

What: Utilize stealth/shadowsteps to surprise and to get close to their target.
Why: It’s unfair that they can use stealth and shadowsteps while other classes can’t.

What: Agility, acrobatic fighting style, and the ability to steal to overcome their enemies.
Why: Other classes aren’t as nimble as thieves.

What: traps and venom.
Why: Why do they get to use traps and venoms and we don’t?

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

cptn skyz.8706

first of all read this thief description from gw2 wiki : Thieves are expert in the shadow arts. They utilize stealth and shadowsteps to surprise and to get close to their target. They’re deadly in one-on-one combat using their agility, acrobatic fighting style, and the ability to steal to overcome their enemies. They have an affinity for setting traps and using venom. As an adventurer profession, thieves wear medium armor. 2. people complain about thief doing 10 to 16k crits so what we get killed in 2 hits by almost anyone besides some war hit for 10 to 20k crits 3. its not only the class that makes the difference but also the one playing , plz stop complaining about thieves saying they are to op , stealth is to op , op here op there op this op that , guys cmon just stop hating cuz you get killed by thieves , i mean we still get beaten and that is because the other guy is just better than us AND sorry for my english im french

What: Thieves are expert in the shadow arts.
Why: It’s unfair that they’re experts and other classes are not.

What: Utilize stealth/shadowsteps to surprise and to get close to their target.
Why: It’s unfair that they can use stealth and shadowsteps while other classes can’t.

What: Agility, acrobatic fighting style, and the ability to steal to overcome their enemies.
Why: Other classes aren’t as nimble as thieves.

What: traps and venom.
Why: Why do they get to use traps and venoms and we don’t?

the other classes have their advantages to and disadvantage to just like thieves it would be boring if everyone could do the same thing . look im thief and i know lots of thieves and yes we are good but there are other people who are just better than us and they are not all thieves , truth is it all depends on the person playing not the classes , saying thief is to op is just an excuse because you dont want to admit that some people are better than you are , im not saying your bad , but stop trying to destroy thieves , thieves/assassin/rogue not matter what game you play these classes were meant to excel in pvp even in real life they are meant to be good fighters

Skyz Thief

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: aLovedhater.4096

aLovedhater.4096

What – thief height
why – they should be able to be smaller then asura

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

What – thief height
why – they should be able to be smaller then asura

That would make them hard to see/click/target, so that would be OP. What you meant to say is:

What: thief height
Why: they should be able to be larger than norn

(Easier to see and target, bigger hit box for AoE’s to hit… larger target to attack)

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: aLovedhater.4096

aLovedhater.4096

you’re right.. i was stupid to think that otherwise.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: byku.3452

byku.3452

What: Healing
Why: Thieves shouldn’t be able to heal cause blue aura while healing doesn’t suit my armor

Rucolan | Gimme Your Cookies

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

What: Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor
Why: Thieves synergize with this armor more than any other, this is OP and should totally be nerfed immediately.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

What: Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor
Why: Thieves synergize with this armor more than any other, this is OP and should totally be nerfed immediately.

I would say you copied me, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you just agree with me

What: Human Cultural Tier 3 Armor
Why: Basically every thief wears it, and every thief does 30k dmg backstabs and sword slices as well as stealths and teleports, COINCIDENCE?!

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I’m finally able to take some time to carefully examine thief class conditions, including the suggested nerfs in this thread.

So lately, I’ve resided in requesting thief overall class re-design, instead of nerfs.

Why so?

As i had already posted, nerfing thief class will not fix ‘break’ this class, not a bit because of 2 reasons; stealth and invincibility.

You can not separate them at all, and unfortunately, this is what i believe Arena.net is trying to do; and it will not work.. ever!

It’s like trying to separate your brain from your head and say that you’re alive".

Seriously,

who can live without a brain?

My wishlist for thief class, is to redesign the class from the ground up.

As the saying goes, “if you can not make something new, replace it with a new on”

(We are extremely, severely, miserably tired and frustrated of the broken, out-of-control, total-wreck thief; it is time to bring out the new, well-loved, humble, caring thief).

thief 2.0

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

They need to nerf our Armor from being so Trenchy. Trenchcoats are OP and restrict movement.

They also encourage misbehavior of various sorts!

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend