S/D Destroyed

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

Hello frands, Steb here, I’m one of the top thieves in the game. S/D needs to be nerfed, it’s OP (Note that thieves are not OP, just the weaponset, and since thieves are UP as a whole, this helped balance them out), and bad for gameplay, balance, and thieves. That said, most other classes need some pretty significant nerfs to keep balance in check.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

they destroyed more than s/d
d/p is pretty much down the drain too with the increased interval between blinds
i think they’re just out to get us lol
or one of you pwned a dev so hard he decided to bury this class
who was it? sound off!

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Hello frands, Steb here, I’m one of the top thieves in the game. S/D needs to be nerfed, it’s OP (Note that thieves are not OP, just the weaponset, and since thieves are UP as a whole, this helped balance them out), and bad for gameplay, balance, and thieves. That said, most other classes need some pretty significant nerfs to keep balance in check.

Glad there’s someone in NA who doesn’t think like the OP.

And in any case, Sizer himself admitted that the upcoming changes to FS are more like a buff than a nerf.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

Yeah one of the top thieves…

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Steb.2571

Yeah one of the top thieves…

Kay, for you WvW frandz, Hi, I’m Steb. I come from SPvP land, where it’s significantly more balanced than WvW Land. I’m the leader of Blacklisted, one of the top NA teams. We are in the grand finals for ToL2. Hi, Nice to meet you bro, Cute WvW vidz.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

every single spec that becomes popular for thieves gets nerfed patch after patch, with no buffs whatsoever. Buffing terrible traits that no one uses into less terrible traits that no one will ever use all the same is not compensatory imo.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

LOL! Hi " I’m one of the top thieves" , i stopped reading right after that…..actually I’m lying i read his whole post , this dude also claims that thieves in general are underpowered lol he is either trolling or………..nah he has got to be trolling.

Anyways as i and many have stated previously why wasn’t this talk of S/D and acro being OP there before the changes to the sigils and runes ? Lets use our heads for a second its really not that hard .

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Steb.2571

LOL! Hi " I’m one of the top thieves" , i stopped reading right after that…..actually I’m lying i read his whole post , this dude also claims that thieves in general are underpowered lol he is either trolling or………..nah he has got to be trolling.

Anyways as i and many have stated previously why wasn’t this talk of S/D and acro being OP there before the changes to the sigils and runes ? Lets use our heads for a second its really not that hard .

Hi WvW Frand, Refer to my last post, Thanks! <3’s

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

TheThiefMaster.3812

That post is even more …….hilarious than your previous one , btw i ran into you before there isn’t anything “top” about your play :-).

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Steb.2571

That post is even more …….hilarious than your previous one , btw i ran into you before there isn’t anything “top” about your play :-).

Thanks for the critique Frand! Where specifically have you fought me?

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

TheThiefMaster.3812

It was a tpvp match of course , i wasn’t on thief though anyways when i come back from my vacation ( around the 28th ) i’d be happy to set up a 1 v 1 with you so you can show us WvW noobs just how superior of a thief you are :-).

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Steb.2571

It was a tpvp match of course , i wasn’t on thief though anyways when i come back from my vacation ( around the 28th ) i’d be happy to set up a 1 v 1 with you so you can show us WvW noobs just how superior of a thief you are :-).

Oh, Tpvp? Interesting, Hotjoin, Solo queue, Team queue?

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Steb,

1. ToL 2 is a joke, nobody cares about it. It had, what, 500 viewers? Nobody cares about your team either.

2. Nobody cares how “good” you are. I bet Amon or Kinsz could wreck you 1v1 anyway.

3. You do not explain why S/D is bad for the game. You also ignore everything said about how acro is cancer, not S/D.

4. Your trying to copy Vee Wee by saying “Frands”. That phrase makes anything you say BS.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef, retired because Ele didn’t work out :/ Bye GW2.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Steb, don’t break your hip when you fall off your high horse.

Back on topic, the weaponset was already nerfed into the ground patches ago. They should have fixed fire + air, moved feline grace to grandmaster, nerfed power of inertia and all would have been good.

Vipassana

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Steb.2571

Steb,

1. ToL 2 is a joke, nobody cares about it. It had, what, 500 viewers? Nobody cares about your team either.

2. Nobody cares how “good” you are. I bet Amon or Kinsz could wreck you 1v1 anyway.

3. You do not explain why S/D is bad for the game. You also ignore everything said about how acro is cancer, not S/D.

4. Your trying to copy Vee Wee by saying “Frands”. That phrase makes anything you say BS.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef, retired because Ele didn’t work out :/

I don’t ignore how cancer Acro is. Anyone with half a brain stem can tell you acro paired with S/D is kittening kittened. S/D is cancer in general, because it rewards you for spamming a single skill with very little thought, it can self peel back across friendly lines, and has insane cleave, and high burst, on top of unblockable, and boon strip. Does this seriously need to be explained? It vastly outshadows physically every other weapon in any scenario. It’s burst isn’t risky, its more reliable, and requires virtually no setup (aside from pressing 3 once beforehand out of range or while evading a threatening attack) Compared to the kind of setup required with a D/P where you need stealth, positioning, and a single strike that can be blocked, blinded, etc., and leaves you highly vulnerable afterwards.

Please, don’t insult my intelligence because you’re kitten over S/D being a complete joke in terms of balance. It shouldn’t require explanation if you know anything about thief, the dev’s saw this, and made the right move. I hardly ever agree with the balance choices the balance team makes, but this one was spot on, and it was a nerf to my own class.

Come at me bros.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Ergolicious.1507

Ergolicious.1507

Like many said, s/d was overpowered and got rightfully nerfed. Still totally viable.

Regarding d/p nerf, I’m happy as it was just way too easy to play. Both those builds require some more brain to play, which is ALWAYS a good thing no matter what.

p/p got nerfed and buffed at the same time. Still unplayable weaponset in pvp anyway. Decent in WwW.

d/d buffed slightly with the cleave. Good.

Actually the ONLY tweak I’m not allright with, is the shotbow 4 nerf; the weapon was well balanced overall and it didn’t need any tweak. But it’s not a huge nerf anyway.

Overall good tweaks. There will always be people whining about their overpowered builds getting nerfed, that’s inevitable.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

Steb,

I don’t ignore how cancer Acro is. Anyone with half a brain stem can tell you acro paired with S/D is kittening kittened. S/D is cancer in general, because it rewards you for spamming a single skill with very little thought, it can self peel back across friendly lines, and has insane cleave, and high burst, on top of unblockable, and boon strip. Does this seriously need to be explained? It vastly outshadows physically every other weapon in any scenario. It’s burst isn’t risky, its more reliable, and requires virtually no setup (aside from pressing 3 once beforehand out of range or while evading a threatening attack) Compared to the kind of setup required with a D/P where you need stealth, positioning, and a single strike that can be blocked, blinded, etc., and leaves you highly vulnerable afterwards.

Please, don’t insult my intelligence because you’re kitten over S/D being a complete joke in terms of balance. It shouldn’t require explanation if you know anything about thief, the dev’s saw this, and made the right move. I hardly ever agree with the balance choices the balance team makes, but this one was spot on, and it was a nerf to my own class.

Come at me bros.

Bro, for one I do both WvW and PvP so idk what you are going for. Now to the next topic I agree 100% acro is cancer, but d/p in general is also cancer so once again idk what you are going for… S/D in general is not “cancer”, think about it.. If I went S/D crit against D/P crit D/P will win 90% of the time if the thief is competent enough.

TBH I dont even consider you good, I consider many thieves 10x better than you lolol.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Steb.2571

Steb,

Come at me bros.

Bro, for one I do both WvW and PvP so idk what you are going for. Now to the next topic I agree 100% acro is cancer, but d/p in general is also cancer so once again idk what you are going for… S/D in general is not “cancer”, think about it.. If I went S/D crit against D/P crit D/P will win 90% of the time if the thief is competent enough.

TBH I dont even consider you good, I consider many thieves 10x better than you lolol.

Cool, lets put that to the test, grab you best 5 and lets scrim tomorrow night.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

Steb,

Come at me bros.

LOL. I dont have a team anymore bro rofl. How does me calling you bad have anything to do with a team fight? Wheres the logic?

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Steb.2571

Steb,

Come at me bros.

LOL. I dont have a team anymore bro rofl. How does me calling you bad have anything to do with a team fight? Wheres the logic?

Any idiot can cheeze up 1 v 1’s, thief duels are more about lucky procs with fire + air and crits than they are personal skill. How well the thief preforms his role on a team is what makes him exceptional. But it’s cool cupcake, keep thinking your WvW experience makes you good.

(edited by Steb.2571)

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Steb.2571

Steb,

Come at me bros.

Any idiot can 1 v 1, thief duels are more about lucky procs with fire + air and crits than they are personal skill. How well the thief preforms his role on a team is what makes him exceptional. But it’s cool cupcake, keep thinking your WvW experience makes you good.

Sigh, you’re obviously an idiot. That does not prove anything loololol Eurantian carries you so how does that show how “godly” you think you are?

Ask Eura yourself. I would find that entertaining.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

Steb,

Come at me bros.

Any idiot can 1 v 1, thief duels are more about lucky procs with fire + air and crits than they are personal skill. How well the thief preforms his role on a team is what makes him exceptional. But it’s cool cupcake, keep thinking your WvW experience makes you good.

Sigh, you’re obviously an idiot. That does not prove anything loololol Eurantian carries you so how does that show how “godly” you think you are?

Ask Eura yourself. I would find that entertaining.

Why would I ask him? I’ve seen it from fighting your team with my old one, Eura carried you hardcore lolol.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Safe to say this topic is meaningless and likely to be closed for this after school p***ing contest.

Dun care who or what is posting, bottom line the s/d “nerf” wasn’t all that bad despite s/d not being the source of the Q.Q. Either deal with it or move to another class, I imagine you didn’t pick thief up without knowing it gets odd patches.

Man these forums are toxic :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

Like many said, s/d was overpowered and got rightfully nerfed. Still totally viable.

Regarding d/p nerf, I’m happy as it was just way too easy to play. Both those builds require some more brain to play, which is ALWAYS a good thing no matter what.

p/p got nerfed and buffed at the same time. Still unplayable weaponset in pvp anyway. Decent in WwW.

d/d buffed slightly with the cleave. Good.

Actually the ONLY tweak I’m not allright with, is the shotbow 4 nerf; the weapon was well balanced overall and it didn’t need any tweak. But it’s not a huge nerf anyway.

Overall good tweaks. There will always be people whining about their overpowered builds getting nerfed, that’s inevitable.

d/p is EASILY countered at high level game play
any good thieves can tell you it’s far from being overpowered.
heck, ask any guardians or warriors.
now they don’t even need to walk’ out of the blinding powder range before they do their spinning attack.
half of thieves’ defensive abilities are gone and you say it’s not a big nerf
lol

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

So I guess we have two opinions both which are exceptionally valid in why S/D has such a low skill floor and skill cap.

1. S/D paired with Acro/Feline Grace makes the weapon set extremely forgiving, and easy to play, (the opinion the majority of the playerbase of gw2, just not the developers)

2. S/D (the weapon set) is the core of the problems, and is why thieves are so strong right now.

Honestly the only other opinion I have seen in here was that S/D was high risk, high reward, which is not true even when playing S/D crit. You have evades built into your weapon set, slightly easier access to stealth against good players that can interrupt (heartseeker is much easier to predict than a CnD). Sword 2, and all of its glitches and bugs, and its completely forgiving accessibility to a single target.

There really is not to much credibility here to back anyone up here. It’s not a D/P vs S/D its more Acro is broken, and Anet made a change that added counter play, and the OP just saw it as a nerf. If they made LS 2 boon steal again, it would make it worth trying to earn the LS.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

This thread turned gross.
S/D got nerfed, but it’s not game changing. S/D thieves will still be the meta and a part of every team. Moving on.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

we dem boiz

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

we dem boiz

Such Youth

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: moi.4398

moi.4398

With Steb’s logic , PERSONAL skill is juged in TEAM fight lol . Nice one

(edited by moi.4398)

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Well Anet congratulations you are trying to nerf a spec that doesnt need nerfed. Many people do not realize how this will actually effect playing s/d. Think about it, good s/d thieves combo a lot of things off of larcenous and flanking strike is easy as hell to dodge which if you dont land the flanking strike then you just wasted 4 initiative and if you want to try again and you miss boom another 4 initiative, it’s almost like missing CnD’s. S/D will be absolutely pointless if this goes through, with missing flanking strikes you will always be on low initiative which is awful for a thief… Sure you can flanking strike steal but it glitches out a lot now since the steal patch, so it’s basically worthless to do. I agree 100% S/D acro was over the top and almost OP but S/D was never the problem, it was only the acrobatics trait line and to nerf S/D AGAIN because people think it’s OP is insane. If this patch legit goes through S/D will basically be done and worthless, sure it can work in some scenarios but most of the time wont at all. Rant over, Anet l2Balance…. GG

You are very stupid, S/D was improved with that buff of costing 2 less initiative for your favourite combo. Keep crying.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

It’s totally true.
Being a good dueler does not mean that you are a good player, too. Unless we consider only dueling of course.
Conquest mode has a lot of things that one player has to take into account, be it rotations, communication, decision making and fighting ability.
The only thing that is measured in a 1v1 is the fighting ability(against ONE opponent). Other things are way more important than fighting ability.
As a thief, you can always best an enemy thief in a set up 1v1, but if he outsmarts you and manages to get the jump on you during a Conquest game, he will be more useful to the team than you.

Take Sizer: he is not the BEST dueler, but he is definitely the best thief player around.
Not saying that 1v1 are meaningless – a good player will be good at dueling, but it’s not everything, and it’s only a fraction of the “personal skill” in a Conquest game.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Close thread, anyone? Hello? I know yall don’t actually listen to thief feedback but I DO know you shut down toxic threads. Just hoping someone gives a kitten anymore….

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: moi.4398

moi.4398

It’s totally true.
Being a good dueler does not mean that you are a good player, too. Unless we consider only dueling of course.
Conquest mode has a lot of things that one player has to take into account, be it rotations, communication, decision making and fighting ability.
The only thing that is measured in a 1v1 is the fighting ability(against ONE opponent). Other things are way more important than fighting ability.
As a thief, you can always best an enemy thief in a set up 1v1, but if he outsmarts you and manages to get the jump on you during a Conquest game, he will be more useful to the team than you.

Take Sizer: he is not the BEST dueler, but he is definitely the best thief player around.
Not saying that 1v1 are meaningless – a good player will be good at dueling, but it’s not everything, and it’s only a fraction of the “personal skill” in a Conquest game.

I’m maybe just from old gen when pvp was players versus players , not players versus points .
I will not argue more about this . Each one their own . I’m done here.

On topic : Init change AND rework of the skill are too much .

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

It’s totally true.

Wait what??

This statement is an oxymoron

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

Well Anet congratulations you are trying to nerf a spec that doesnt need nerfed. Many people do not realize how this will actually effect playing s/d. Think about it, good s/d thieves combo a lot of things off of larcenous and flanking strike is easy as hell to dodge which if you dont land the flanking strike then you just wasted 4 initiative and if you want to try again and you miss boom another 4 initiative, it’s almost like missing CnD’s. S/D will be absolutely pointless if this goes through, with missing flanking strikes you will always be on low initiative which is awful for a thief… Sure you can flanking strike steal but it glitches out a lot now since the steal patch, so it’s basically worthless to do. I agree 100% S/D acro was over the top and almost OP but S/D was never the problem, it was only the acrobatics trait line and to nerf S/D AGAIN because people think it’s OP is insane. If this patch legit goes through S/D will basically be done and worthless, sure it can work in some scenarios but most of the time wont at all. Rant over, Anet l2Balance…. GG

You are very stupid, S/D was improved with that buff of costing 2 less initiative for your favourite combo. Keep crying.

2 less? What are you talking about rofl? Why do people keep going on about this it’s over I get it you guys dont agree with me thats fine i dont really care.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

hi steb I dont want to start drama but since youre wrong I might as well. firstly youre the worst player on blacklisted by far, everyone who knows your team agrees. youre clearly carried by the rest of your pretty talented team (kinda like ferox for us!). so yeah your opinion is kinda worthless to anybody who knows anything about you and your team.
typically you’re considered a free kill by any thief I’m playing with, which is kinda sad really
also guarantee you our team will beat you in scrimms, even with amon playing thief for us!
-mooobs

gerdian

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Ryaniscool.8134

Ryaniscool.8134

they are gonna nerf sword #3, and everyone is gonna go 2 0 0 6 6 dp. this is by far, gonna be the most “op” thief meta this game has seen.

towel for president

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: MLGKorno.5419

MLGKorno.5419

Any idiot can cheeze up 1 v 1’s, thief duels are more about lucky procs with fire + air and crits than they are personal skill. How well the thief preforms his role on a team is what makes him exceptional. But it’s cool cupcake, keep thinking your WvW experience makes you good.

Going by your own definition, you are still far from a top thief whose suggestions should be taken seriously if your team has to dedicate attention to carrying you.
You should keep up the confident attitude though, it’ll help you learn how to play the game in a shorter amount of time.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

this patch will destroy one of our best combo.
People that don’t realize this don’t know how to play S\D thieves.
Noob thieves won’t see any difference, they’ll keep spamming 3 all the time and will enjoy even more they’re free dodges.
GJ A-Net but what do you expect when people who should balance the game test their skills on dummies?

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Logic anet die to a theif on his warrior solution nerf theif so the dev can never lose again.
But sometimes it really makes me wonder what they base their balance patches on.
Can we get 18k hp now since we have low hp because we are suppose to not get hit?

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

My two cents:

Was this a considerable nerf to s/d? Yes.
Did s/d need to be nerfed? Yes.

At this point, just about every thief you see in PvP is playing some version of s/d acro. It’s gotten to the point that it’s hampering build diversity, which is why I think Anet chose to address it.

Why not nerf acro instead? Probably because Anet wants acro to synergize with more than just s/d. And probably because Anet didn’t want to nerf the sustain from s/d, just the damage. As it is now, s/d kinda does it all — great sustain and good damage.

Why not nerf sigils? Almost every power build in almost every class uses fire and air. No need to nerf everyone’s damage when only one build and one weapon set is the problem.

Second Child

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

My two cents:

Was this a considerable nerf to s/d? Yes.
Did s/d need to be nerfed? Yes.

At this point, just about every thief you see in PvP is playing some version of s/d acro. It’s gotten to the point that it’s hampering build diversity, which is why I think Anet chose to address it.

Why not nerf acro instead? Probably because Anet wants acro to synergize with more than just s/d. And probably because Anet didn’t want to nerf the sustain from s/d, just the damage. As it is now, s/d kinda does it all — great sustain and good damage.

Why not nerf sigils? Almost every power build in almost every class uses fire and air. No need to nerf everyone’s damage when only one build and one weapon set is the problem.

What they did to make Acrobatics to synergize with more specs than just S\D? Nothing
What they did to prevent S\D “3” skill spamming? Nothing
S\D realy needed more clueless dodges? No, good thieves never spam 3, bad thieves will keep spamming 3
Did they destroyed our best reliably combo with S\D set? Yes

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

No, good thieves never spam 3, bad thieves will keep spamming 3

So what’s the issue? If you don’t spam your Flanking then you can ensure that you will hit it. You also have an immobilize on sword 2 to set up Flanking Strike. The nerf affects bad thieves and punishes spamming.

Overall the changes to thief affect the lower end (skill floor) and barrier of entry to the class, and do nothing to good players. If you don’t spam 3 then you can be patient enough to use it when you know it will hit and set it up yourself. You have more than enough options to do so and the people who are whining are players that refuse to improve their gameplay because they want everything handed to them.

Same goes for the Black Powder change.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Touven.9138

Touven.9138

ANYWAY, back to the topic at hand. I agree with Amonatory’s initial assessment of the patch. It is not the actual weapon set that needs the nerf. The OP rests in the Acrobatic trait line giving seemingly infinite dodges with S/D paired up. Simple solution is to tone down Feline grace and move it to Grandmaster tier. The increase to 4 initiative for Flanking strike is ok, but having it have to land to use Larcenous Strike is completely overboard.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

As a side note the change to Flanking Strike could be interpreted as a buff and increases the skill cap of the weapon set (where as the change to Black Powder only affects the skill floor since it’s rather straight forward). Players who learn how to use the set can choose to use flanking defensively or offensively with no punishment (where as before you would be forced to go into Larcenous Strike). Being able to detarget and use flanking to increase evade up-time is not something that I would consider a net nerf.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

I’m going to have to agree with Caed, Steb and Sizer.

This is a side-grade. Not a nerf or a buff. Slightly nerfs S/D’s damage output, but increases bunker potential ridiculously.

Now all of this could have been side-stepped by introducing more non-evasion frames into Flanking Strike’s animation. Kind of like SB#3. But I guess how anet decided to do it is another route. I do think that non-evasion frames will probably be needed to be added onto the skill eventually though.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

(edited by Reikou.7068)

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: mao.9832

mao.9832

Anet made some tweeks needed. There are still a lot of fixes that we need to our class but I think this upcoming patch will not nerf our class. The point everyone is forgetting here is that engi and ranger will get buffed with those 6s revealed and we didn’t get any real counter to hit. Oh well…

[EzPz] Mao. Thief for the lulz.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

they are gonna nerf sword #3, and everyone is gonna go 2 0 0 6 6 dp. this is by far, gonna be the most “op” thief meta this game has seen.

o.O’

do you mean 6/2/0/0/6 P/D Celestial? then yeah it’s going to be crazy

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: METAShift.2913

METAShift.2913

Can somebody explain why s/d acro was considered so OP? I understand that if you watch sizer or someone like that play it it would seem so, but then how do you explain not every team running an s/d thief? In the TOL qualifiers, every team ran a hambow, not every team ran a thief, and not all the thieves were s/d acro. Just because something is GOOD doesn’t mean it’s overpowered, instead of just taking the top builds on a class and nerfing them, just make other builds/classes more viable by adding more options. Nerfing anything that becomes strong is a pretty bad balancing strategy.

S/D Destroyed

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

No, good thieves never spam 3, bad thieves will keep spamming 3

So what’s the issue? If you don’t spam your Flanking then you can ensure that you will hit it. You also have an immobilize on sword 2 to set up Flanking Strike. The nerf affects bad thieves and punishes spamming.

Overall the changes to thief affect the lower end (skill floor) and barrier of entry to the class, and do nothing to good players. If you don’t spam 3 then you can be patient enough to use it when you know it will hit and set it up yourself. You have more than enough options to do so and the people who are whining are players that refuse to improve their gameplay because they want everything handed to them.

Same goes for the Black Powder change.

Sorry normally I’d agree with raising skill floor but they aren’t doing it across the board.

As it stands right now D/P in ANY form isn’t OP. Nerf it w/out proper compensation while buffing the other classes isn’t acceptable