Stolen Items needs rework

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Who agrees with me?

Especially Throw Gunk. (Stolen Item from engineers)

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Who agrees with me?

Maybe some do though I haven’t put much thought into it, I use most of them for something, some fit my build really well. I actually like Gunk because it’s ranged, multiple target, and a field and partly because I feel left out when red carpet squads are spilling circles for five minutes straight and I just want to add my bit.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Gunk works fine. All that is needed is perhaps an extra second or two on the field.

in Thief

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

gunk is a powerhouse. now you can actually land it, not like before. It has a strange bug with turning while cast messing up its destination, but overall its really handy.
It could only be better if it would be unblockable aswell.

as for stolen items in general, i think they are brutal OP if you run improv. The only one that gives me the FacePalm is the druid one having cooldown. It has no offensive use, water fields dont stack effect, i dont see why this skill has to be the same no matter if u use improv or not.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

gunk is a powerhouse. now you can actually land it, not like before. It has a strange bug with turning while cast messing up its destination, but overall its really handy.
It could only be better if it would be unblockable aswell.

as for stolen items in general, i think they are brutal OP if you run improv. The only one that gives me the FacePalm is the druid one having cooldown. It has no offensive use, water fields dont stack effect, i dont see why this skill has to be the same no matter if u use improv or not.

It allowed for mass condition cleansing and was deemed OP because of it.

The irony, amirite?

in Thief

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Who agrees with me?

Throw gunk is useful for condi builds, however I do find the Rev slow to be useless.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Who agrees with me?

Throw gunk is useful for condi builds, however I do find the Rev slow to be useless.

I really hope you’re joking here. It’s insanely strong and probably one of the best stolen items o.o

Screenshot no might, down 200 power from lack of bloodlust stacks versus an NPC in heavy armor. The damage is insane.

Attachments:

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Throw Gunk is fantastic. The Ele chill is probably the most useless to me. Essence Sap from the Rev is a distant second. Everything else has it uses or is outright great.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Vavume.8065

Who agrees with me?

I really hope you’re joking here. It’s insanely strong and probably one of the best stolen items o.o

Screenshot no might, down 200 power from lack of bloodlust stacks versus an NPC in heavy armor. The damage is insane.

I was speaking from a personal standpoint, as a condi thief I find it useless.

(edited by Vavume.8065)

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Who agrees with me?

Assuming you’re running Expertise, you should be getting an upwards of 2s slow per attack which is also crazy good.

in Thief

Vavume.8065

Who agrees with me?

Assuming you’re running Expertise, you should be getting an upwards of 2s slow per attack which is also crazy good.

You would need 100% duration for 2s slow, which I don’t have, and even if I did I would still think 2 sec slow was hardly worth using, opinion tho right.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Who agrees with me?

You would need 100% duration for 2s slow, which I don’t have, and even if I did I would still think 2 sec slow was hardly worth using, opinion tho right.

S’pose, though with Improv this also doubles suggesting between 3-4s which is a very long slow time for people to be taking penalized animations and channels.

Imho the Ele’s Ice Shard one is the worst just because it really does nothing against them given their cleansing or even a large number of classes most of the time with all the chill hate/negation/reductions/resistance. Mace Head Crack is also up there on the list as one of my least favorites since DH’s just have a massive excess of blocks to a point where it feels like it’s not valuable during the fight.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

On my power builds I use throw Gunk to generate chaos armor. Not as helpful as in condtion builds but more then just usable.

The Eles Ice shard has one advantage and that its duration. It a 10 second base chill and there no chill I know of that lasts that long. It does some pretty decent damage too. I often find it better to use it against another class than the Ele If you are a condition build and have high base durations that one long lasting chill. Obviously it will not last its dureation which means this skill about saving it for the proper time to use it.

in Thief

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

The only one i’d really want to change if i had to pick just one, is the ranger one. As DeceiverX has already mentioned about it, given the state of condi spam in wvw I would see no problem with taking the cooldown off that one. I also agree with you on the DH one, even before guardian had DH, i’ve never found the mace particularly useful. I’d rather be able to steal something that gives me a couple blocks or something. Or even better, steal something that is unblockable to use against them. I disagree about the ele one. Use that when they swap to water and its pretty devastating. Well, it destroys any non minstrel ele anyway. I hate getting hit with it when i’m playing d/d ele anyway. Its game over if you get hit with it at the wrong time.

in Thief

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Of all the stolen bundles, gunks was the most team fighting capable since Thief lack team capabilities though i’ll embrace changes and innovation like lessen the number of targets into three for less visual clutter.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Stolen items are simply outdated. They supposed to help us with classes we stole it from but some of them don’t anymore.

Ice stab needs to be a chilling field that knocks enemy down on first application, not 1 attack that disappears instantly on ele.

Throw gunk should strip boons imo.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

love people talking improvisation as if its an actual trait and not just a part of kittenty meme builds that run 6-0 skills from the same category

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in Thief

MadVisions.4529

love people talking improvisation as if its an actual trait and not just a part of kittenty meme builds that run 6-0 skills from the same category

?

if you can’t utilize stolen skills, just run executioner.
I cba about skill reset. 2x stolen abilitys is already better than ~10% overall dmg. Can’t really explain how much better it is if you got duplicate of them is you are just thorwing them around aimlessly. Stuff like 2x plasma, guaDaze, gunk, ice, reveMissile, fear make a huge diffrence in a small scale fight. These abilitys just straight up mess the classes up with the right timing.

- Plasma just makes you win all hp treades. one more plasma one more favorable trade
- Gua daze is best if you use it on someone else who is with the gua in a fight and mess him up, if you just +1 gua in 1v1 make sure you dont breake it into stabi and aegis and aim it the time panic strike procs’. (this skill also procs PI if timed right)
- Gunk has one big flaw. It can be reflected by the engi with multiple tools couse it’s still not unblockable. If you play around engi’s CC neglecting passives and reflect, best way to use it is to 2x gunk into immob or basi venom. That just straight up puts them into mini form
- Ice ele any time it lost >20% hp then ice again after it clensed it. (pls count with water attument)
- reveMissile just needs to be landed. You already got the adv over reve, having 2 of this just gives more.
- Fear got a long animation, try to los/stealth cast it to make it harder to dodge, then jus follow up and win hp treade. Dont use it on stabi obviously, but reaper form skills are good targets. If you find yourself in a messed up timing and necro would for example heal while you cast it, dont hesitate to stow and HS, its more secure. (this skill also procs PI if timed right)

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

improv is great vs mesmers actually, i love it

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Lexander.4579

?

I cba about skill reset. 2x stolen abilitys is already better than ~10% overall dmg. Can’t really explain how much better it is if you got duplicate of them is you are just thorwing them around aimlessly. Stuff like 2x plasma, guaDaze, gunk, ice, reveMissile, fear make a huge diffrence in a small scale fight. These abilitys just straight up mess the classes up with the right timing.

- Plasma just makes you win all hp treades. one more plasma one more favorable trade
- Gua daze is best if you use it on someone else who is with the gua in a fight and mess him up, if you just +1 gua in 1v1 make sure you dont breake it into stabi and aegis and aim it the time panic strike procs’. (this skill also procs PI if timed right)
- Gunk has one big flaw. It can be reflected by the engi with multiple tools couse it’s still not unblockable. If you play around engi’s CC neglecting passives and reflect, best way to use it is to 2x gunk into immob or basi venom. That just straight up puts them into mini form
- Ice ele any time it lost >20% hp then ice again after it clensed it. (pls count with water attument)
- reveMissile just needs to be landed. You already got the adv over reve, having 2 of this just gives more.
- Fear got a long animation, try to los/stealth cast it to make it harder to dodge, then jus follow up and win hp treade. Dont use it on stabi obviously, but reaper form skills are good targets. If you find yourself in a messed up timing and necro would for example heal while you cast it, dont hesitate to stow and HS, its more secure. (this skill also procs PI if timed right)

yeah having another trait, this time grandmaster, that relies on landing steal is just the thing that thief needs

oh and that trait amplifies stolen skills, one of the most useless and poorly designed profession mechanics in the entire game, the only other profession skills that can match their uselessness are certain toolbelt skills of engineer

and on top of that you need to give up a 20% damage boost for that, for your referrence a 20% damage boost under 50% hp in certain situations can be much better than 10% overall damage since it will help you to burst the target down before they can save themselves

also given that lowering a single skill damage output by 15-20% is enough to heavily shift the balance of class or destroy a certain build entirely and you just remove from your entire damage output 20% of burst damage that helps finishing focus targets off just so that you can throw gunk twice, nice job

in Thief

MadVisions.4529

?

yeah having another trait, this time grandmaster, that relies on landing steal is just the thing that thief needs

oh and that trait amplifies stolen skills, one of the most useless and poorly designed profession mechanics in the entire game, the only other profession skills that can match their uselessness are certain toolbelt skills of engineer

and on top of that you need to give up a 20% damage boost for that, for your referrence a 20% damage boost under 50% hp in certain situations can be much better than 10% overall damage since it will help you to burst the target down before they can save themselves

also given that lowering a single skill damage output by 15-20% is enough to heavily shift the balance of class or destroy a certain build entirely and you just remove from your entire damage output 20% of burst damage that helps finishing focus targets off just so that you can throw gunk twice, nice job

can anyone pls decode this? i dont get it..
u want improv baseline? u feel u can’t use improw couse u’ll lack damage, but you dont wanna use improv couse its trash anyways in your eyes? what? you are ranting about stuff thats irrelevant in your context and most likely can’t use it properly.

in Thief

Posted by: BikeIsGone.8675

BikeIsGone.8675

since when has improv ever been about using the F2 twice? I mean, on certain skills its nice (like the plasma) but the real value comes from the utility reset.

On topic:
From a pvp POV most skills are fine (Mesmer steal is incredible and Necro/Rev are quite good). Ranger-steal is very situational, so i dunno about it. The only ones that are a bit lackluster to me however, are the Warri and the Engi ones. At the moment the only good value you can get from Gunk shot is, if used on a downed body and even then the cleave area is just too small. The warrior one needs a complete rework imo….a random burst-damage skill would be better, maybe even a block (which would be the nicest option tbh).

in Thief

Lexander.4579

?

can anyone pls decode this? i dont get it..
u want improv baseline? u feel u can’t use improw couse u’ll lack damage, but you dont wanna use improv couse its trash anyways in your eyes? what? you are ranting about stuff thats irrelevant in your context and most likely can’t use it properly.

you’d need to have english above the level of 3rd grade to be able to understand it even if someone “decoded” that for you

just carry on bud