Thief feels useless compared to other classes

in Thief

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

just my opinion and ive only been playing for o i dont know since the start with over 10k tourny played on thief alone

actually it feels more like thieves playstyle has been ruined in every build with all the insane dmg out there thief burst isnt that great anymore compared to others dmg and survival if thief is supposed to be the best +1 rotate and burst class where is our kittening burst compared to other survival classes

(edited by official.7362)

in Thief

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

There was a Thief back in day it was a ting,then we all know for wall of sorrow endless cry
for nerfs so we end up to be decap bots and +1 the fights in last moment to save a day!
Last one destruction of Acro to make DD a thing so we can stay longer in fights and be bruiser type of profession!

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Eh.

Whatever.

Devs wont get it right, because the community has a hangup on thief being viable.

I’m sick of “thief is too [insert op mechanic here]” coming from everyone, when most other classes have skills they can just press for on demand invulnerability.

Only reason I still play it is because other classes are boring comparatively.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Non-thieves think thieves should +1 and avoid combat in PvP (which, last time i checked, was about player vs player COMBAT); it is like: hey you can do raids but you can’t kill bosses.

Devs seem to agree…. el oh el.

Every patch just tells me: hi, we at Anet think you should quit this class and play something else. Tnks, bye.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Aye, since Daredevil was such a huge letdown this BWE, I played Revenant more and really fell in love. I left my thief main about 3/4 of a year ago and wandered the other classes, they are simply so much more powerful that I cannot justify playing thief anymore (aside from occasional wvw, which consists mostly of +1ing as well). Back in the day, I was cool about all the missing mechanics in thief (invuls, boons, etc.) because it had damage (so it felt balanced – you can burst people but are paperthin). Nowadays, other classes kept their defensive mechanisms or even received buffs and are capable of damage surpassing a thiefs.
It really feels as if all other classes evolved while the thief is stuck in the past (which, due to the kittenload of nerfs, is before release…).

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

(edited by MarauderShields.6830)

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Agree. We have an average burst but we have less defense than other professions and 0 support for allies.
We can be venom bots. stay out of combat and share venoms to ppl who can actually fight. It’s not really funny

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Non-thieves think thieves should +1 and avoid combat in PvP (which, last time i checked, was about player vs player COMBAT); it is like: hey you can do raids but you can’t kill bosses.

Devs seem to agree…. el oh el.

Every patch just tells me: hi, we at Anet think you should quit this class and play something else. Tnks, bye.

If the core of GW2 pvp was simply team death match you would have a point, but that is not the case, nor the mode of play they’ve chosen to go with.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Basically what Cynz said just learn to finish already low HP foes and decapp the devs do seem fine with it… As for our defenses I heard no valuable excuse they did a terrible job on that. If PvP was TDM focused it would be kind of worst thief cannot handle team pressure you would stay in the back and kill low HP target don’t even bother getting in, SH is the same.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

I had some hope to find some decent use to the daredevil s/d this beta weekend. I tryed many builds and the conclusion is:
Still bad in conqest type on point 1v1’s with pointholder classes, got worse teamfight suvival than anything in the game, still lacks damage, instadies under focus, revenants with shiro “outmobility” you, no stealth for allyes, cannot rez anything, healing is still underwhelming.

After all this said, all i can see is we can forget to succesfully fight with anything else than shadow arts D/P, which lacks in burst and overall damage compared to ANY marauder or zerker profession, is extremely squishy therfore a terrible brawler. We stay the invis rez, +1 && decap bots we where before after HoT hits, if revenant does not refil our role completely just 3x better… u know mesmer + revenant roam hurts…

(edited by MadVisions.4529)

in Thief

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Due to thieves’ situational damage (up close, from behind) it should have the highest damage output out of any class. Elementalists have AoEs and range, Warriors have heavy armor and crowd control, guardians have utility and healing.

May as well not even bother with thief in PvP anymore even though its skills were designed for it. Thief was a much better class three years ago when the game was much better overall. No Silverwaste sure, but no fractals and therefore no agony gating and people only wanting to do high level, content was actually good with thief other than shortbow farming in zergs to tag as many mobs as possible, legendaries were rare enough where having them meant you stood out, and mats weren’t ludicrously overpriced (yes, cotton, linen, and silk back in the day were sold in copper not silver but suddenly when you need them most they go way up, imagine that -_- )

in Thief

Posted by: persona.5431

persona.5431

Thief is significantly underpowered in comparison to other classes at this point in time. It has been nerfed time and time again. The only ones who honestly play thief on a regular basis are those who enjoy the class for its style and finesse, or those who play condition thief.

*Every class has a counter build to thief now, including ranger.

(edited by persona.5431)