Thought it gonna last longer

in Thief

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

But i’m already bored of headshot spammer pulmorarity inpact tryhards. just saying.
not like i was enjoying to fight paladin druids or scrappes or even precision strike heroes but this last piece of shlt badly designed trait is driving me insane.
GJ ANet! also decent changes on season #2 patch u’re in my debt forever as allways…

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

You could just wait out the headshot spam…

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

But i’m already bored of headshot spammer pulmorarity inpact tryhards. just saying.
not like i was enjoying to fight paladin druids or scrappes or even precision strike heroes but this last piece of shlt badly designed trait is driving me insane.
GJ ANet! also decent changes on season #2 patch u’re in my debt forever as allways…

That HS spam build only works when your target becomes predictable — like seeing them using the same rotation, combo, etc.

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” – Bruce Lee

Meaning, be flexible and unpredictable. Mix up your skill uses and learn how to force a headshot.

If they are using D/P, the most annoying part of that build is the improved dagger AA damage because even though you see big numbers from Impacting Distraction, the AA is what actually killing you. Plus the Shadowshot to make sure that you remain within melee range.

If they are using S/P, they yeah, that can get to my nerves also because of the double access to interrupt within the weapon set. Not to mention, this set has access to immob too. Less mobile that D/P but pretty solid too.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Vermil.8172

Vermil.8172

Sounds like this is going to be a nice, respectful and informative conversation. Better go get my popcorn ready.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You could just wait out the headshot spam…

you could post less stupid shlt. thx man

he is right though, if you know the thief you are facing is headshot spammer with impact, then just juke cast and wait for him to run out of ini while he is spamming headshot

it is pretty funny actually

are you both having a mental beakdown or something?? or you have no clue about that headshot can be used for actually interrupting CASTS by people who own faster reaction times than a beaver.

they are still predictable, there is literary only handful of thieves on NA/EU that are can play mindgames with you (and most rerolled rev anyway)

you do know you can cancel casts right?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: vaxjani.9073

vaxjani.9073

Even though you can play around it, Impacting Disruption should have 5s internal cooldown (so people wouldnt spam it or get rewarded for a random interrupt so often).

Lagspike – Never Gonna Find Me – Happy Burstday
War/Ranger/Thief Roaming Vids

(edited by vaxjani.9073)

in Thief

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Sounds like u got rekt hard

stop raging QQ and l2p

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

met 1 of thres in wvw, i just stayed at ranged and use dancing dagger to cancel it out

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Cynz.9437

Even though you can play around it, Impacting Disruption should have 5s internal cooldown (so people wouldnt spam it or get rewarded for a random interrupt so often).

i can agree on it just because i think anything that promotes excessive spam is bad design

All is Vain~

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

sounds like a stab problem… not a trait problem

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Block , dodge , run stability.

The INI system allows spam. The problem is not with the person spamming a skill, it with the recipients reactions.

A skill like distracting daggers as example has to be spammed and used in short order or else is lost . Interrupt builds rely on an opponent that is predictable.

In very many ways it like a confusion build or having refect up wherein the person using interrupts has to rely an an enemy reacting in a given manner.

When I have my warrior on it amazing how well the missile reflection trait works against people mindlessly firing from range. If they stopped firing it accomplishes little.

This the same with headshot spam. No skill interrupted little damage taken for the INI the thief used.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

i can agree on it just because i think anything that promotes excessive spam is bad design

Er no. What good is distracting daggers then?

The bad gameplay is on the part of the person who gets interrupted over and over again. INI already limits the number of times a thief can use the skill.

When you take away from the damage one can do with iNI type skills with cooldowns as you suggest it merely promotes more AA type attacks.

Thieves already have an issue with backstab in that many feel for cost of INI spent one might as well just use dagger AA. I fail to see how diminishing the returns of another INI type skill , which is already relatively easy to counter , promotes better gameplay.

The issue with headshot is it was always a skill that could be ignored to a great extent. If one was pulled off pre PI the impact on the recipient was minimal. They got used to using skills when they wished and shrugging off that headshot.

Now it not so easily ignored and those same people suggest it a problem with PI rather than it being their own unwillingness to adapt.

Headshot projectile is pretty slow. React to it as you would rapd fire or long range shot. It will do less damage than either of those in the long run.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

MadVisions.4529

Either way you haven’t got the slightest idea what i’m talking about or you are carryed by the trait and are defending it.
Impacting disruption just takes 50% of the skill from before skill based duels. This trait proccing hits more than shadow shot or frontStab critting and has no icd. Before you had to consider if you want to use initiative on interrupting something and have waited for that particular animation. now you just try to interrupt anything you can find with steal, venom or a nearly instant spammable ability to deal more damage than any of your actual wapon skills and completely fuxkc up your opponent’s rotation. interrupting skills and combos where already giving an advantage before HoT if you knew when and what to rupt. now you just HS into someone’s autohit and laugh on the 3k proc…..NOW thell me this is good design.

in Thief

Cynz.9437

The bad gameplay is on the part of the person who gets interrupted over and over again. INI already limits the number of times a thief can use the skill.

When you take away from the damage one can do with iNI type skills with cooldowns as you suggest it merely promotes more AA type attacks.

Thieves already have an issue with backstab in that many feel for cost of INI spent one might as well just use dagger AA. I fail to see how diminishing the returns of another INI type skill , which is already relatively easy to counter , promotes better gameplay.

The issue with headshot is it was always a skill that could be ignored to a great extent. If one was pulled off pre PI the impact on the recipient was minimal. They got used to using skills when they wished and shrugging off that headshot.

Now it not so easily ignored and those same people suggest it a problem with PI rather than it being their own unwillingness to adapt.

Headshot projectile is pretty slow. React to it as you would rapd fire or long range shot. It will do less damage than either of those in the long run.

Well that is because on one sunny day Anet decided to nerf headshot years ago.

All is Vain~

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Well that is because on one sunny day Anet decided to nerf headshot years ago.

And if it did more damage , such as that output by the PI as it currently does people would complain it being spammed.

Predicating more damage off a successful interrupt is much more a limitation on spam than is integrating that damage into the shot itself.

in Thief

MadVisions.4529

And if it did more damage , such as that output by the PI as it currently does people would complain it being spammed.

Predicating more damage off a successful interrupt is much more a limitation on spam than is integrating that damage into the shot itself.

I am astonished. i mean… do you even read what i post here????
the two things are almost the same at this moment, wondering how you’re not realising alongside with many other ppl. i’ts not beneficial to spare rupts for combos anymore, you just spam interrupts in any posible scenario you can proc impacting disruption and you going to win the encounter. Hell it’s not even necessary to land a backstab or any reasonable damage combo. you just proc 2 timed or random rupts and it’s gg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWORQw_8EaI

in Thief

alchemyst.2165

You could have made it even more op by interrupting his heal. :P

Yeah, the trait does a lot of damage. Does it mean it’s broken? No. It’s great against classes with no CC. You sacrifice very important condi removal, however. Just fight a condi ele or necro, or a class with lots of stab like a Rev, and see what happens.

I know you hate being 1 shot by a glass cannon interrupt build, but it’s time to move on.

in Thief

MadVisions.4529

just uploaded 2vids that show flanking strike being randomly rupted at the start where it should have evasion frames. Shows how bad i am by not predicting all the instant rupts spammed at me so being totally shlt @ the game and how much better the opponent is.

#1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyYQCBb2QmM&feature=youtu.be
#2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2lKaKUmqg&feature=youtu.be

in Thief

MadVisions.4529

You sacrifice very important condi removal, however. Just fight a condi ele or necro

???
don’t really see the point here. the trait is broken vs necros and condi ele is not a thing not sure what you are talking about.
vid: https://youtu.be/d9q4qWQjZIw

why would i move along a badly designed addition that ruins the skill factor or the game? Also it’s ZERO fun to me to fight ppl running this. Actually it’s more fun to fight perplex condi engis in wvw than dueling a d/p running this aids.

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Either way you haven’t got the slightest idea what i’m talking about or you are carryed by the trait and are defending it.
Impacting disruption just takes 50% of the skill from before skill based duels. This trait proccing hits more than shadow shot or frontStab critting and has no icd. Before you had to consider if you want to use initiative on interrupting something and have waited for that particular animation. now you just try to interrupt anything you can find with steal, venom or a nearly instant spammable ability to deal more damage than any of your actual wapon skills and completely fuxkc up your opponent’s rotation. interrupting skills and combos where already giving an advantage before HoT if you knew when and what to rupt. now you just HS into someone’s autohit and laugh on the 3k proc…..NOW thell me this is good design.

Not defending this trait or anything, but I have to say someone using it literally has no condi clears.

What class are you playing that you are failing against thieves 1v1?

in Thief

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

Flanking strike has an activation time of 1/2 second and an evade duration of 1/2 second as far as i know.

What you experienced happens maybe 1 out of 100 times. He just got lucky or predicted really well what you are going to do.

Its like interupting the engie turret heal. Happens!

Best regards!

Shino

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I am astonished. i mean… do you even read what i post here????
the two things are almost the same at this moment, wondering how you’re not realising alongside with many other ppl. i’ts not beneficial to spare rupts for combos anymore, you just spam interrupts in any posible scenario you can proc impacting disruption and you going to win the encounter. Hell it’s not even necessary to land a backstab or any reasonable damage combo. you just proc 2 timed or random rupts and it’s gg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWORQw_8EaI

Spamming interrupts only works against players who allow themselves to be interrupted.. If I am on d/p I do more damage with shadowstrike then with headshot and would much rather use INI from shadowshot followed by the AA if looking to do damage.

If I am on P/P I would much rather use an Unload then a headshot as I will do far more damage. the damage is not tied to an interrupt proc.

3 headshots will use 12 ini. If 2 of three hit AND interrupt the headshot spammer will be lucky to do 6k in damage if PI procs. A single unload does more than that and is more likely to hit.

You can dodge a headshot you can LOS a headshot. You can eat a headshot by not allowing it to interrupt an action. It the same as any other attack. What do YOU do when some thief spams HS against you?

If I am using p/p and using unload against a person who throws reflect up, I stop attacking. If a warrior throws up his endure pain and I on a power build, I stop wasting INi trying to damage him. If someone is spamming headshots my way I stop trying to proc a skill that he can interrupt.

in Thief

MadVisions.4529

I do more damage with shadowstrike then with headshot

re read my post && watch video again. HS is ~instant, shadow shot is evadeable.

If I am on P/P I would much rather use an Unload then a headshot as I will do far more damage. the damage is not tied to an interrupt proc.

who facetanks a whole unload with thief?? or who uses p/p? i mean… the animation is longer than the Amazonas. Never thought about using it is already flawefull due to being the easyest target for interrupts? XDDDD how bad this is?!?!? really….

the rest of your comment is targetting completely new players to the gamae, pls spare your words.

in Thief

MadVisions.4529

Flanking strike has an activation time of 1/2 second and an evade duration of 1/2 second as far as i know.

What you experienced happens maybe 1 out of 100 times. He just got lucky or predicted really well what you are going to do.

Its like interupting the engie turret heal. Happens!

Best regards!

Shino

“activation time of 1/2 second” what is this based on?
i mean i might completely lack on information, but skill activation should only be affected by aftercast as faar as i know.

thx for constructive comment though!

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I do more damage with shadowstrike then with headshot

re read my post && watch video again. HS is ~instant, shadow shot is evadeable.

who facetanks a whole unload with thief?? or who uses p/p? i mean… the animation is longer than the Amazonas. Never thought about using it is already flawefull due to being the easyest target for interrupts? XDDDD how bad this is?!?!? really….

the rest of your comment is targetting completely new players to the gamae, pls spare your words.

You appear to be the one having issues with “headshot spam”.

I also have a build that premised on interrupts using distracting daggers/steal and other sources of interrupts using PI. This gives me far more interrupts then a person relying on headshot.

Players I face learn to deal with it. It hardly as bad as you make it out to be.

in Thief

MadVisions.4529

Not defending this trait or anything, but I have to say someone using it literally has no condi clears.

watch video above your post.

What class are you playing that you are failing against thieves 1v1?

Little does this matter. To answer you, i play necro, ele but mainly thief. This trait being highly flawed by promoting dependency on predicting tremendous amount of instants being casted and carrying terrible players wont change no matter what you play. And that’s what i’m rallying against my good Sir!

in Thief

alchemyst.2165

I actually watched the video, I still stand by what I said. All you’ve been saying is “lol broken xDDDD ???? op” but you still don’t realize you’re a squishy thief with no armor which is what pulm trait is good at breaking down; squishy targets. Ever tried Paladin amulet?

Again, quit complaining about easy to counter headshot spam.

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

heres a video of me using trait ^^

you can see against most builds it not as much dmg as you think.

in Thief

Posted by: Gibimo.2193

Gibimo.2193

Headshot costs 4 initiative so it can be cast 4 times in a row with 15ini (includes ini regens) so dodge it two times and block it two times. and so thief is out of initiative and unable to do something. burst to kill it after that. stop crying you can’t dodge or block it just about 4 times. even ember players did that.

in Thief

Posted by: Gibimo.2193

Gibimo.2193

and you just said that shadowshot is evadeable.
so dodge shadowshot and face tank headshots. and count it for 4.
EZ