[VIDEO]DAREDEVIL S/D outnumber | wvw montage

in Thief

Posted by: Saku Joe.2857

Saku Joe.2857

Hey guys, this is my last video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo_pu1ChROs
I gave my best for the editing, i hope you’ll like it!

Congratz Anet cunts, u finally made me uninstall your S H I T.

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Nice game play, could of toned down the editing though ;p

S/d fights always look much more fluid and faster paced then any other set. Not sure if the food you use is really needed tbh since you have no might duration. I either use the power/vit or power/ferocity.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVn8lClOhFOBGmC8PhFYCTLBEA2NephzQbYOEWCbhA-T1CEAB7v/QTK/Q4EAAoSQDOACE8ICcXfAAHIg20w4v6PPcEBCAgAsz6sNvZ28m38mP6RP6RP6Rbn78mH9oHtUACqzC-w

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

Thank you for the reply! i personally don’t use food sometimes.. since sword damages are crap without sigils, food doesn’t make a huge difference. But i like to take endurance refill food to compensate the weakness effect (theres weakness everywhere nowaday)..

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Thank you for the reply! i personally don’t use food sometimes.. since sword damages are crap without sigils, food doesn’t make a huge difference. But i like to take endurance refill food to compensate the weakness effect (theres weakness everywhere nowaday)..

I’m not super serious about food either but I always have one going at least, the provision box is easy to use. In WvW at least S/D can get passable damage, doesn’t hurt to roll that joint tighter with some precision/ferocity or some condition tics at least if you’re not pushing for a stat threshold. I’d just pump out a huge stack of power/ferocity and the usual stones so you can chow down while running and not think about it.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

I’m not super serious about food either but I always have one going at least, the provision box is easy to use. In WvW at least S/D can get passable damage, doesn’t hurt to roll that joint tighter with some precision/ferocity or some condition tics at least if you’re not pushing for a stat threshold. I’d just pump out a huge stack of power/ferocity and the usual stones so you can chow down while running and not think about it.

True mate, pretty true. I’m just stating that optimizing something that isn’t optimal at first (playing S/D) isn’t that significant
But if i wanna get more dmg i usually go for furious oil + bowl of spicy butternut

in Thief

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I got as far in as 2:30 and I have to say, this video is extremely over edited. To the point where it made me feel nauseous. If your intent was to apply some new kind of condition, it worked. Total turn off tho, which is a shame because I normally enjoy your content.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

I got as far in as 2:30 and I have to say, this video is extremely over edited. To the point where it made me feel nauseous. If your intent was to apply some new kind of condition, it worked. Total turn off tho, which is a shame because I normally enjoy your content.

ty for the feedback. was it the black flashes, the flash back, the blur effect, contrast? if you could tell me i would appreciate.

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

What I disliked about the editing was the content going back to your thief in black, the fading in and out mid fights and the screen jumping

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

What I disliked about the editing was the content going back to your thief in black, the fading in and out mid fights and the screen jumping

I rewatched the video and i agree, i could have toned down the screen jumps. But fades in and out are part of the “editing style”. Tho there is one thing i was thinking about, maybe i should have choose a different music with less beats, because i wanted to produce an FX for each of them and that’s not always a good thing…
ty for your feedback, i appreciate

in Thief

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

ty for the feedback. was it the black flashes, the flash back, the blur effect, contrast? if you could tell me i would appreciate.

Honestly, I think it is the combination of the amount blur, the low saturation, and the irregular stutters in one package. I get your trying to do something unique with music and still make it your brand but all of it seems to much.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero.6592

Zero.6592

I actually like the video. Cool music, and putting some character behind your thief definitely adds something. No headaches for me. It isn’t the kind of video that a younger thief could really learn much from, but it doesn’t pretend to be.

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

Honestly, I think it is the combination of the amount blur, the low saturation, and the irregular stutters in one package. I get your trying to do something unique with music and still make it your brand but all of it seems to much.

It saddened me you you didn’t enjoy the vid at all, but i appreciate the feedback, and like i said, i think i’ll tone down the editing the next time

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

I actually like the video. Cool music, and putting some character behind your thief definitely adds something. No headaches for me. It isn’t the kind of video that a younger thief could really learn much from, but it doesn’t pretend to be.

Glad you liked it. I’m not making video every day, so editing took me a bit of time!
Ty a lot for the feedback!

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

It saddened me you you didn’t enjoy the vid at all, but i appreciate the feedback, and like i said, i think i’ll tone down the editing the next time

I think you could just keep most of the actual fighting that people can learn from clean high quality video with maybe an unassuming fade to black n white when you’re transitioning to a new scene or theme and allow the flashy editing like the blinks and cut backs for wtflol moments. The quality and actual visuals look good but they’re over taken by the effects, which are also good, only that they’re blocking the content that I think a prospective S/D user might want to play back a lot.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

I think you could just keep most of the actual fighting that people can learn from clean high quality video with maybe an unassuming fade to black n white when you’re transitioning to a new scene or theme and allow the flashy editing like the blinks and cut backs for wtflol moments. The quality and actual visuals look good but they’re over taken by the effects, which are also good, only that they’re blocking the content that I think a prospective S/D user might want to play back a lot.

I know what you mean mate, but i didn’t want to make a video that looks like everything else you already have on yT (with some redundant transitions /content etc), i bet on something very different. BTW i did use the flashy transition for the wtflol moments it’s just because i cut them, and replaced ‘em by some effects. Basically i cut to point A, inserted some flash backs flashy transitions screen jumps etc, and start the fight back to point A.. or if theres a part of the fight i find boring, i just try to cut it so people wont notice the part is missing.
I didn’t try to make a video players could eventually learn from. I understand one can be disappointed about that, but that wasn’t the goal.
Cheers for the feedback anyway!

in Thief

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

So it’s not your last video!? :D

I really like the video and editing. Once I notice all the flashing and effects I realized is wasn’t about skill but rather for entertainment purposes. I can’t imagine how much time and effort you put into it. Good job! Keep it up

P.s. Just do you know, I did dropped a like on your video

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

So it’s not your last video!?

I really like the video and editing. Once I notice all the flashing and effects I realized is wasn’t about skill but rather for entertainment purposes. I can’t imagine how much time and effort you put into it. Good job! Keep it up

P.s. Just do you know, I did dropped a like on your video

Very much appreciated mate
Yes i took me quite a bit of time to edit this one. My job take me took much time also and i didn’t have that much energy to work on the vid ^^’
TY for the thumb up!

in Thief

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I look forward to the day I don’t suck so much in PVP and can make such a video XD
congrats

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

I look forward to the day I don’t suck so much in PVP and can make such a video XD
congrats

Glad you liked it mate, TY!

in Thief

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

sweet! any s/d content is welcome
(a little too much editind for my taste though :P)

in Thief

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Does it really count as outnumbered when it’s just you vs a ranger and his pet?

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

Does it really count as outnumbered when it’s just you vs a ranger and his pet?

Considering the smokescale stronger than any S/D thief, i will answer yes.
Now if you consider the necro as a ranger pet, it might also count as an outnumbered…

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

“outnumber” – cept for the long kitteng clip when you fight like the worst players eu(he doesnt even ress that poor necro O.o)
it is you that outnumber one guy with friend than another 1 join you outnumber him than 2 joins all after you done with the other ones than its 2v2

Idk maybe its just me, but to me this video is just effects with nothing to show.

PS: dont take it to the wrong way didnt criticzed your skill or somthing it is just the video doesnt show anything

in Thief

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Or is it outnumbered because thieves are expected to +1 in pvp? So, an even fight is 2v1, and 1v1 is outnumbered?

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

Well i thought 1v2 or 2v4 would be outnumbered.. nevermind i make an other video with only 1v6~8. As a S/D it should be really easy to do…

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

its not 2v4 it is more like 2v1,then 2v1 then 2v2. If you fail to see that…and like I said that long 1v2 is nice but I question the one you fight against I think it is not video matrial, and w/o that there is no really outnumbered fight. Which is fine but the video shows little to nothign other than effects and I think you are good at editing but you need to calm down with it and put more raw footage.

in Thief

Saku Joe.2857

ok