What a day it is to main a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

I got my wish. Thief is getting invulnerability, damage increase and even unblockable attacks. What a day it is to main a thief. We’re back!!

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Don’t get your hopes up yet we still have a ways to go.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I’ve been waiting for some of these changes for years. The sword speed increase OMG…

I think we will definitely be back.

in Thief

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

Hehe +1
I feel amazing now even though i hope the rest of the changes would be as good, it’s a pretty good start

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

in Thief

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

now if only they’d buff under performing stuff I’m looking at you off hand dagger.

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

:D
I was expecting disappointment. Then… I remembered “this isn’t all changes, just a small preview”

“Just a small preview”
“a small preview”
^^^^^
… Pistolwhip buff, impairing dagger bug fix, pistolwhip bug fixes (times 2 so far, quickness and sigil of paralyzation), scorpion wire bug fix….. I will now dream.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Glorious day for all the S/D thieves left standing!

in Thief

Serious Thought.5394

I feel like the 300. Just gotta stay away from the game til balance patch to retain sanity and recover from the brutalities of bunker meta. Still hit the forums though.

in Thief

Posted by: Arricson Krei.9560

Arricson Krei.9560

Quietly waiting for all the mesmer mains to start going thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Padd.1479

Padd.1479

now they all come back from their mesmers and revenants and pretend being loyal thief mains all along.

100% Thief

in Thief

Shovel Face.4512

now they all come back from their mesmers and revenants and pretend being loyal thief mains all along.

This. This WILL happen and all those who flamed me for rolling Thief will be the same people rolling the very class they dispised come patch day.

A perfect anaolgy would be being a fan of a sports team that has sucked for so long and no one was a fan and then when they become good you see everyone jump on the bandwagon are your like “Huh? But I thought…nvm.” It’s truly disgusting.

in Thief

Serious Thought.5394

Sad bit is that Mesmer is still a far better team based player. None of that will change, its just that they go “omg I’m gankable” and refuse to play a teambuild. Kinda sad tbh. Assuming spvp. If wvw, roaming alone on anything that isn’t a duel build is dumb meaning you shoulda been prepared with a gank-prevention build.

in Thief

Posted by: DingoVad.1945

DingoVad.1945

When will the patch hit live servers?

Dingo Dimrys

in Thief

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

1/26

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

in Thief

Posted by: TBG.3509

TBG.3509

Can you guys share a link to this info? Please and Thanks!

in Thief

Paulie.6215

in Thief

Posted by: ColdHuh.6785

ColdHuh.6785

Just decided to delete GW2 and wait 1 day for the blade and soul assassin and this happens…

in Thief

Paulie.6215

Just decided to delete GW2 and wait 1 day for the blade and soul assassin and this happens…

Welcome back.

in Thief

Posted by: Meridian.8730

Meridian.8730

Indeed this update might be the thing that gets me to buy HoT and start playing again after about 1.5 years away. I’ve been watching thief forums and seeing bad news get worse each time balance changes hit. This is the first report that differs from that trend. Even so, I can’t imagine any thief buffs will last very long. Any time anet buffed thief they backpedaled over the next few patches and reversed everything to trash-grade again.

Really wanting thief to be worthy in pvp again. PvE lost all appeal in the first year…

(edited by Meridian.8730)

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I got my wish. Thief is getting invulnerability, damage increase and even unblockable attacks. What a day it is to main a thief. We’re back!!

After the patch drops you have to yell “witness me” before stealing into combat.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Eh…patch has me pretty worried. I honestly think that if thief didn’t get a single direct buff, we’d be in great shape. Considering that:

• Thieves were solid before the bunker meta hit
  • The quickness stomp change now means that Thieves have the only fast stomp in the game.
  • Mesmers, the other high mobility glass roamer, is getting hit hard with nerfs.

What worries me the most is that post-patch there will be a bunch of FotM reroll thieves queueing up, so solo-Qing as thief will be a pain since it’ll be tough to end up on a team that has non-thief teammates for a chance at winning team fights.

in Thief

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

Yeah soloQing will be tough with all these rerolling new thieves. I’m afraid it’ll start the the whole cycle of crying “TEEF OP!11” in the forums>attention from the devs>nerfs, all over again. I once read an amazingly true and amusing sentence about thieves (i can’t remember who said it :/). It was like: “thieves are extremely effective against new/low skilled players” I guess this is what mesmers are afraid of jk about mesmers, but i still dunno what they all are crying about. It’s not even patch day, they haven’t even tried playing it yet and they already cry that thief got OP and they’re UP.
Btw one of the things i like in gw2 is that it has micro-communities and in-game politics in it like i’ve never seen in any mmo :P The mesmers-thieves relationship is a perfect example for that It makes the game much more serious and funny at the same time XD

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

Yeah soloQing will be tough with all these rerolling new thieves. I’m afraid it’ll start the the whole cycle of crying “TEEF OP!11” in the forums>attention from the devs>nerfs, all over again. I once read an amazingly true and amusing sentence about thieves (i can’t remember who said it :/). It was like: “thieves are extremely effective against new/low skilled players” I guess this is what mesmers are afraid of jk about mesmers, but i still dunno what they all are crying about. It’s not even patch day, they haven’t even tried playing it yet and they already cry that thief got OP and they’re UP.
Btw one of the things i like in gw2 is that it has micro-communities and in-game politics in it like i’ve never seen in any mmo :P The mesmers-thieves relationship is a perfect example for that It makes the game much more serious and funny at the same time XD

im just tired of the system putting me in a team with another thief while the other team doesnt have one.

[SA]

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Yeah soloQing will be tough with all these rerolling new thieves. I’m afraid it’ll start the the whole cycle of crying “TEEF OP!11” in the forums>attention from the devs>nerfs, all over again. I once read an amazingly true and amusing sentence about thieves (i can’t remember who said it :/). It was like: “thieves are extremely effective against new/low skilled players” *I guess this is what mesmers are afraid of jk about mesmers, but i still dunno what they all are crying about. It’s not even patch day, they haven’t even tried playing it yet and they already cry that thief got OP and they’re UP. *

It’s like an unwritten personality requirement to play a mesmer, they cry about being UP under any circumstances while blaming thief for completely countering mesmer class. Even if there is no thief around.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I fear that all of the try hards that played other easy/op stuff flood back to thief. But it’s only the aa dagger buff and possible sword. It’s not all that amazing tbh but I guess it’s far better then what mesmers wiill get.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I fear that all of the try hards that played other easy/op stuff flood back to thief.

I doubt it. It’s just like when mesmer mantras were broken: bad mesmers would just get rekt by good mesmers.

The only thing I fear is Acro being viable and every bad thief playing the passive invuln. I don’t know who at Anet thinks that passive invuln are fun, but this has to stop.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I fear that all of the try hards that played other easy/op stuff flood back to thief. But it’s only the aa dagger buff and possible sword. It’s not all that amazing tbh but I guess it’s far better then what mesmers wiill get.

It’s already happened once and it will happen again.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Shovel Face.4512

I fear that all of the try hards that played other easy/op stuff flood back to thief.

I doubt it. It’s just like when mesmer mantras were broken: bad mesmers would just get rekt by good mesmers.

The only thing I fear is Acro being viable and every bad thief playing the passive invuln. I don’t know who at Anet thinks that passive invuln are fun, but this has to stop.

Well the fact almost every class has some form of access to invuln, it’s only fair that Anet gives it to Thief too.

in Thief

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

Well the fact almost every class has some form of access to invuln, it’s only fair that Anet gives it to Thief too.

Yeah that’s the short term answer but looking at how passives have messed this game up, I would rather all classes lose most of their passives. The ideal situation would be that when a character makes too many mistakes they have to pay for them. Less “get out of jail for free” mechanics equals more skilled play.

This was the obviously easier solution for Anet to implement, and I am happy that we at least got that, but its also a dream of mine to rid the game of most passives and have game play revolve more around skilled combat.

in Thief

Shovel Face.4512

Yeah that’s the short term answer but looking at how passives have messed this game up, I would rather all classes lose most of their passives. The ideal situation would be that when a character makes too many mistakes they have to pay for them. Less “get out of jail for free” mechanics equals more skilled play.

This was the obviously easier solution for Anet to implement, and I am happy that we at least got that, but its also a dream of mine to rid the game of most passives and have game play revolve more around skilled combat.

Oh yeah I agree. I would love to see passives eradicated but that’s not going to happen anytime soon. If you can’t beat them, join them.

in Thief

Serious Thought.5394

I’d be content if stun reflect/react traits were gone. Oh oops, I got stunned and didn’t bring a stun break. But its fine, my trait did it for me. :C Rip.

in Thief

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

@Serious Thought.5394

Please stop trolling the Mesmer forum.

My first main was Thief. I migrated to Mesmer and love the class. Yep, Thief getting some love is a good thing. The problem is that they hamstrung Mesmer in the process.

The long term result is likely to be that the “nerf x” cry will hit thief next. I wish ANET had better sense and didn’t make such radical moves.

Mesmerising Girl

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

@Serious Thought.5394

My first main was Thief. I migrated to Mesmer and love the class. Yep, Thief getting some love is a good thing. The problem is that they hamstrung Mesmer in the process.

The long term result is likely to be that the “nerf x” cry will hit thief next. I wish ANET had better sense and didn’t make such radical moves.

How is thief the reason that mesmer gets nerfed?

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

@Serious Thought.5394

It’s not that Thieves got Mesmers nerfed, but the Mesmers are crying saying Thieves are the ultimate hard counter to them and are calling for the death off Thieves before the patch even hits.

in Thief

Jana.6831

X/D thieves actually were (all 3 possible builds are dead right now and will probably remain so (condi DB spam thief doesn’t count))- D/P not much more than other classes – the only argument I’ve read as to thieves being a hard counter is that the clones can’t find the thief when he’s stealthed – guess all other classes blocks and pets and whatnots are pretty much equal counters.

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

@Serious Thought.5394

It’s not that Thieves got Mesmers nerfed, but the Mesmers are crying saying Thieves are the ultimate hard counter to them and are calling for the death off Thieves before the patch even hits.

Yeah, I’ve been lurking in the PvP and mesmer forums and it seems pretty doom and gloom, however they got a lot of stuff in the patch before HoT putting them on par with thieves. Most of the nerfs seem related to chronomancer (except chaos armor) so we’ll see how it shakes out. The preview was pretty short so I think most stuff wasn’t mentioned.

I wasn’t going to step in it there though by saying wait and see.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Their main argument is we have more stealth than them, we have more mobility than them and more burst damage, those are their main reasons saying we are hard counters and we will be even more so once the patch hits. In pve I play my Mesmer for raids and such so I lurk around their forums and it’s appalling I thought thieves were all doom and gloom but our forums are optimistic comparatively.

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Their main argument is we have more stealth than them, we have more mobility than them and more burst damage, those are their main reasons saying we are hard counters and we will be even more so once the patch hits. In pve I play my Mesmer for raids and such so I lurk around their forums and it’s appalling I thought thieves were all doom and gloom but our forums are optimistic comparatively.

Well, we have a lot of complaint threads but also a lot of constructive ideas. I mean the sword auto aftercast reduction and the rollover of Bandit’s Defense came from this forum, so I guess someone is reading our input.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

Mesmers got them self’s nerfed because they took the kitten and everyone pretty much played the bunker spec, and they over played it too.

I dunno if the high end people are to blame because I understand winning is winning but people who wanted this to stay shouldn’t of milked it to death like the other op stuff.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in Thief

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I didn’t say that thief got Mesmer nerfed and I’m not sure how you interpreted that. Mesmer got nerfed ( again ) because ANET consistently nerfs Mesmer if it even comes up to average.

What I did say was that with the heavy damage buff to thief and unblockable attacks. My half-sisters and brothers ( thief and Mesmer are alike, in truth ) may find themselves next on the hit list.

Mesmerising Girl

in Thief

Jana.6831

I didn’t say that thief got Mesmer nerfed and I’m not sure how you interpreted that. Mesmer got nerfed ( again ) because ANET consistently nerfs Mesmer if it even comes up to average.

What I did say was that with the heavy damage buff to thief and unblockable attacks. My half-sisters and brothers ( thief and Mesmer are alike, in truth ) may find themselves next on the hit list.

Yep, Thief getting some love is a good thing. The problem is that they hamstrung Mesmer in the process.

Sounds like “thief is the reason mesmer gets nerfed” to me. And actually all the crying that “thieves will eat mesmers alive” – every other class can as well.
The rest of your post with half sisters I don’t get, sorry.

ETA: I don’t know if you guys don’t know it, or didn’t realize it, but backstab is one of the weaker skills in this game since June, most other classes (except thief staff) can hit harder – including mesmers.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

“Heavy dmg buff” ? Most of our sustained dps came from fire and air sigils anyway. Only sword needed to be looked at anyway.

in Thief

Jana.6831

I’m not saying that I kill most of the guys in wvw with autoattack lately – see it’s wvw and no one cares about balance there anyway – it’s just 15k remaining players – dismissable.

ETA. So yeah – I don’t think that buffing the autoattack is the way to go – but on the other hand; spamming 1111111111 seems like the best thing to do to match my skill level.

Oh, btw is Sigil of fire still broken?

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Well… It’s a start.
There’s miles to go for Thief still.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in Thief

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

I’m glad that some of my Thief fellows are pleased with these coming changes. Haven’t seen a single thing yet that will benefit me personally (vanilla P/P), but we’ll see.

Jana: I use Sigil of Fire all the time and haven’t noticed it being broken. What was wrong with it? I know that there was the 50% damage problem with some Ele skills when using it, but haven’t come across anything else.

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

“Heavy dmg buff” ? Most of our sustained dps came from fire and air sigils anyway. Only sword needed to be looked at anyway.

Well, the damage buff to sword and not the others would leave the other sets behind. I’m going to quote myself from another thread for the rest of the response.

Really we’re just being brought into line with some other classes. For reference, warrior’s axe auto runs at 1.38 mult/sec, ele’s lightning dagger auto at 1.32, and necro dagger at 1.33. If all of our sets get buffed by ~30% we’ll be sitting around 1.5 mult/sec which is 8-13% higher than those without access to their large stacks of might or their survivability.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Inb4 anet nerfs half of other traits and spells as… compromise~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

go back to BnS, traitor.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Inb4 anet nerfs half of other traits and spells as… compromise~

Of course.

It’s easy to see that by increasing the attack speed on Sword that the AA 3rd strike will have the Cripple effect nerfed. Dagger will have the Endurance gain and Poison application from AA nerfed also. And lastly, the Vulnerability application from Staff AA will also get hit by the nerf bat.

Then their reason will be that they don’t intend to have the condition application to have such a high frequency without a cost. So to balance the frequency of these conditions, their duration will also be nerfed proportionate to the attack speed increase.

I’m really hoping that I’m wrong.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Jana.6831

Jana: I use Sigil of Fire all the time and haven’t noticed it being broken. What was wrong with it? I know that there was the 50% damage problem with some Ele skills when using it, but haven’t come across anything else.

It didn’t proc, I think – I just noticed that it was dirt cheap on the TP and someone told me it was broken – and I haven’t seen it proccing in a long time, I think but I didn’t really think about it = watching my damage log.