Arguments in favor of healing signet?

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Sorry but that, to the rest of the world, is totally illogical.
You’re asking to make a lung transplant to a patient with kidney failure.

Logic works like this:
If the problem is “Warriors with soldier gear deals decent damage” you must find what is causing this.
The cause is currently unsuspecting foe allowing to crit reliably on soldier gear.
Therefore we fix that, and Warrior on soldier gear won’t deal decent damage anymore.

You could completely remove healing signet from the game and you would just have Warriors take Surge, still heal equally good, still deal decent damage on soldier gear.
You would not fix absolutely anything.

Mind to explain why you cut more than an half of my original post, took out only few sentences of my post out of their context and answer to them claiming that my logic is broken?

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

You play a Thief, you only played a Warrior temporarily to learn about them. Your not a hard-core Warrior player.

I have almost as many games played as warrior as I have playing as thief for sPvP.

Show me a picture of “Games by profession.”

http://i.imgur.com/K1gSsqE.png

Not that i’m saying your a liar, but could you show the stats/wins/loses as well?

http://i.imgur.com/1JaXd71.jpg

Wait…wait

So you’ve been commenting on how OP Warriors are in PvP and yet you’ve hardly played any PvP at all!?

Even if you were arguing from a WvW point of view, the balance in that game mode will ALWAYS be bad. The differences of gear/food means it’ll always be chaos there, which to me is half the fun.

I feel like I’ve wasted so much time arguing with a guy unqualified to actually have their opinion taken seriously.

None of this matters anyways since I have more achievement points than anyone here. My opinions are always more valid.

My point is, Excal has been commenting like he’s some sort of expert yet he’s hardly actually PLAYED any PvP. I don’t feel that someone who hasn’t put many hours into a game mode is qualified to judge what is and isn’t OP.

While time spent doesn’t necessarily equate to knowledge, a lack of time means you are much less likely to have knowledge on what the balance of the game currently is.

So sPvP is PvP and WvW is not PvP?

Besides most people don’t play sPvP because it’s kinda a waste of time. I hardly doubt I’m the only one who doesn’t play sPvP that much.

While it may have players fighting each other, WvW is closer to PvE than it is to sPvP. The idea behind PvP is that everyone is on equal terms when it comes to gear. Everyone has the optimal stats in the form of amulets and you can also have the runes you want.

In WvW there can be massive differences in gear. Food also has a major effect on the outcome of a fight. The individual class balance is also much less important than in sPvP. The thing shaping the outcome of WvW tends to be large organized groups. The WvW balance is nowhere near as important as sPvP balance.

Also, according to one of the State of the Games sPvP population has been growing according to ANet. Not sure if that’s still holding true but it’s certainly not dead. Anyways the whole point is that I fail to see how you’re qualified to comment on class balance when you hardly play the mode that balance is most important in.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

You play a Thief, you only played a Warrior temporarily to learn about them. Your not a hard-core Warrior player.

I have almost as many games played as warrior as I have playing as thief for sPvP.

Not that i’m saying your a liar, but could you show the stats/wins/loses as well?

Wait…wait

So you’ve been commenting on how OP Warriors are in PvP and yet you’ve hardly played any PvP at all!?

Even if you were arguing from a WvW point of view, the balance in that game mode will ALWAYS be bad. The differences of gear/food means it’ll always be chaos there, which to me is half the fun.

I feel like I’ve wasted so much time arguing with a guy unqualified to actually have their opinion taken seriously.

None of this matters anyways since I have more achievement points than anyone here. My opinions are always more valid.

My point is, Excal has been commenting like he’s some sort of expert yet he’s hardly actually PLAYED any PvP. I don’t feel that someone who hasn’t put many hours into a game mode is qualified to judge what is and isn’t OP.

While time spent doesn’t necessarily equate to knowledge, a lack of time means you are much less likely to have knowledge on what the balance of the game currently is.

Besides most people don’t play sPvP because it’s kinda a waste of time. I hardly doubt I’m the only one who doesn’t play sPvP that much.

While it may have players fighting each other, WvW is closer to PvE than it is to sPvP. The idea behind PvP is that everyone is on equal terms when it comes to gear. Everyone has the optimal stats in the form of amulets and you can also have the runes you want.

In WvW there can be massive differences in gear. Food also has a major effect on the outcome of a fight. The individual class balance is also much less important than in sPvP. The thing shaping the outcome of WvW tends to be large organized groups. The WvW balance is nowhere near as important as sPvP balance.

Also, according to one of the State of the Games sPvP population has been growing according to ANet. Not sure if that’s still holding true but it’s certainly not dead. Anyways the whole point is that I fail to see how you’re qualified to comment on class balance when you hardly play the mode that balance is most important in.

Don’t you roam? It’s pretty easy to draw conclusions on game balance if you roam a lot when you play WvW since you can run into a lot of 1v1s with skills players. It’s true that the majority in WvW run builds suited for zergs and may not be that great, but roamers in the upper tiers ( I play on T2, Tarnished Coast) are very decent and come equipped with 1v1 focused builds usually.

All is vain.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Wait…wait

Don’t you roam? It’s pretty easy to draw conclusions on game balance if you roam a lot when you play WvW since you can run into a lot of 1v1s with skills players. It’s true that the majority in WvW run builds suited for zergs and may not be that great, but roamers in the upper tiers ( I play on T2, Tarnished Coast) are very decent and come equipped with 1v1 focused builds usually.

But roaming isn’t what decides who wins in WvW, zergs do. Nerfing something because it’s a strong roamer makes no sense at all.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

But roaming isn’t what decides who wins in WvW, zergs do. Nerfing something because it’s a strong roamer makes no sense at all.

But what if it’s also strong in zergs?

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Warrior is top notch in zergs too.

So? Like I said WvW balance isn’t ever going to be “good,” not to mention that the success of a zerg is more about coordination and leadership than the classes/builds in the group. WvW is the last game mode you would ever want to balance around.

Mr. Sharp has said in the past that they want to do as few PvE/PvP splits as possible because implementing them is difficult. I can understand that. Going by that logic then sPvP balance should take president over WvW, the problem with PvE balance is more about the mechanics of PvE (only 25 stacks per condi) rather than class balance.

Just an angry old man…

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Posted by: honovi.7893

honovi.7893

Poison as counter to Healing Signet is another myth of the warrior forums. Next to my favorite, blind counters Skull Crack.

Blind counters ALL warrior skills.

Except berserkers stance…

Berserker stance dont remove conditions….

When did i say it removes conditions? It simply makes you immune to blind for the duration of the skill because blind is a condition. Therefore, this is still a counter to blind because you cannot be blinded while in berserker’s stance.

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Poison as counter to Healing Signet is another myth of the warrior forums. Next to my favorite, blind counters Skull Crack.

When did i say it removes conditions? It simply makes you immune to blind for the duration of the skill because blind is a condition. Therefore, this is still a counter to blind because you cannot be blinded while in berserker’s stance.

That is the same with all stances warrior have, not only berserker stance. You can use stances while blinded.
My point is if you are blinded and pop up berserker stance, you will still miss the next attack. At that point you have a window of 8 seconds where the enemy should not try to blind you, otherwise its wasting their utilities/skills. When i see someone trying to blind me when i have BS up, i know that probably that player is still learning how to play with his toon.

But i will refrase myself:

- In one minute, with the exception of 8 (maybe 10 if traited) seconds, blind counters ALL warrior skills.

in Warrior

honovi.7893

That is the same with all stances warrior have, not only berserker stance. You can use stances while blinded.
My point is if you are blinded and pop up berserker stance, you will still miss the next attack. At that point you have a window of 8 seconds where the enemy should not try to blind you, otherwise its wasting their utilities/skills. When i see someone trying to blind me when i have BS up, i know that probably that player is still learning how to play with his toon.

- In one minute, with the exception of 8 (maybe 10 if traited) seconds, blind counters ALL warrior skills.

And blind doesn’t counter engineer skills? Or thief skills? Blind is a game mechanic. The other classes have to deal with blind and so do warriors. Also, many blinds are built into skills that do damage and serve a function other than to blind. I will give Static Shot or the guardians leap as two examples.

(edited by honovi.7893)

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Mind to explain why you cut more than an half of my original post, took out only few sentences of my post out of their context and answer to them claiming that my logic is broken?

I didn’t feel I needed to stick with your lack of syntesis ability.
You claimed healing signet is the cause of soldier-stat warrior dealing high damage, which is simply wrong.
Check your logic, if Hsig is nerfed people will just take Surge and the soldier+damage issue is still there.

Fortunately Anet staff isn’t made of clueless people and will fix the real issue instead of breaking a whole class out of ONE trait issue.

in Warrior

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Fortunately Anet staff isn’t made of clueless people and will fix the real issue instead of breaking a whole class out of ONE trait issue.

Mmh…

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gutts.8791

Gutts.8791

And blind doesn’t counter engineer skills? Or thief skills? Blind is a game mechanic. The other classes have to deal with blind and so do warriors. Also, many blinds are built into skills that do damage and serve a function other than to blind. I will give Static Shot or the guardians leap as two examples.

Blind does counter their skills, but not at the intensity that it does a warrior. Firstly, most engineers I’ve fought are not melee (are there even melee engies? Not sure) and they have turrets. The “old” blind wasn’t so bad for us warriors because it just meant swinging our sword and getting rid of blind, with the new blind, it’s almost impossible as you have to be in range of a hit that would land (obviously you already know this). An engie just shoots his pistlol once and that’s his blind gone, us warriors have to attempt to get close to the target first past all the CC skills and then have to deal with blind.

Thieves, well, they can just go invisible and either rely on Shadow’s Embrace (the condition removing per second trait while in stealth), or just…. well……. hang about in stealth mode. They’re not constantly in the line of fire like a warrior. Engis, I’m not sure about their turrets, can an engie answer and let us know if a succesfully hitting turret will remove blind from the engi?

I’l be honest I can’t comment on engis much, I don’t have one but I’m fully versed in the art of the thief (second level 80 I created solely to understand them better for WvW/PvP, broken character to be used when you can’t actually PvP so you rely on broken stealth to keep you alive), and the thief’s dagger auto attack is SO much faster than any auto attack the warrior has (therefore blind removed much quicker), not only that, if the thief is in stealth and goes for backstab while blinded, he won’t be revealed (still nice and safe relying on stealth). Not to mention, the thief has a gap closer (Heart Seeker) on no cooldown which they can spam to get close to the target and do whatever.

in Warrior

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I like healing signet as a concept. I’d just like to see it adjusted a bit.

1. Lower the base heal amount
2. Increase the scaling with heal power

In other words, if you are a zerker or PVT build, you will heal for less than today. If you mix in more heal power, you will heal for more than today.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

I didn’t feel I needed to stick with your lack of syntesis ability.
You claimed healing signet is the cause of soldier-stat warrior dealing high damage, which is simply wrong.
Check your logic, if Hsig is nerfed people will just take Surge and the soldier+damage issue is still there.

Have you some sort of comprehension problem?

Problem:
Warriors with soldier gear deals decent damage while having also incredibly high sustain which usually only Cleric gear can give. It is fine that they can deal average damage while being tanky, this is what warrior is about.
Cause:
It must be that Healing Signet gives crazy regeneration without you needing to spend a single point into healing power.

This portion clearly shows that in my opinion the problem isn’t that warriors can deal decent damage with soldier amulet, but that warriors can have the sustainability typical of cleric amulet without the need to spend a single point into healing power.

As long as Warriors are tanky but not sustainable, it is fine since they are tough at first but as long as the fight goes on, they lose to attrition because they lack the sustainability of a cleric build, which is far more strong in attrition fights but it comes at a cost of vitality and power. Right now Warriors have the tankyness and the damage of soldier amulet coupled also with the sustainability typical of clerics just because Healing Signet gives crazy HP regen at 0 healing power cost, which is what makes them so broken.

So stop with stupid personal attacks and get some comprehension skills.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

No it isn’t actually, which is why I am almost 100% sure that ANet doesn’t base a huge portion of balance according to some 1v1 build in WvW that is supposedly OP.

This is because there are lots of factors that go into it such as whether you are fully geared or not, what type of foods are you using, boosters, build, etc, you can’t really determine what is OP and what isn’t just based on that.

Maybe when certain foods are combined in combination with certain builds make it OP but you can’t come out here with torches and pitchforks demanding a class to be nerfed with no real grasp or understanding because of its repercussions in PvE and PvP. That and nobody will take you serious and will just flame you.

Which is why I have called for nerfs to foods that give you -40% condition duration or +40%. This is simply way too much and when foods become your build that is how you know they need to be toned down. It makes way too much of a difference as opposed to somebody who isn’t using it in my opinion.

And not every build is going to be good against any other said build in WvW, even in roaming. You will encounter builds that simply your own build cannot go toe to toe against. That is the way it is and just because one build gets wrecked by a certain warrior build doesn’t mean one should cry overpowered. Because I can name a few builds that can wreck the stereotypical “unlimited sustain” warrior builds that people have been talking about.

People just don’t want their warriors nerfed to the point where we become free kills as we once were just because a few people who come here and just whine and complain.

Just like the stun lock one hundred blade build that people have been crying about. People act like there are no counters to it.

It is called – stun duration runes, -40% stun duration food, stunbreakers, stability, evasion. If you are a class that can summon minions it can act as a body block as well.

Stuns are less frequent in this game yet they have more counters then conditions. And unlike conditions (or soon to be unlike, you can’t increase its duration by 40% off of one food). And you can’t say it is OP in sPvP because no one uses it in high end tournaments.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Yes, you are total right and that its the point. I will not even mention why blind its even worst for warriors than it is for other classes.

My response of blind counter ALL warrior skills was to this post:

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

So, here it is. Your chance to defend healing signet. I find this skill to be the most ridiculous skill in the game, yet warriors claim its necessary and not unbalanced.

Lets look at the base stats for warrior’s healing signet, keeping in mind that the warrior has the highest base toughness and health pool in the game.

Healing signet (pve): Base 392 health per second with a .05 healing power modifier.
Healing signet (pvp): same thing.

Now lets look at the elementalist, the class with the lowest base toughness and hp pool in the game:

Signet of Restoration: 202 base health per cast with a healing modifier of .1.
Signet of Restoration (PVP): 168 base health per cast with a healing modifier of .08.

I just don’t see how you can justify this healing signet. It’s almost twice as good as the elementalist’s signet for base passive healing. It is also PER SECOND. That means when your running away, casting a long skill, or blocking using the endure pain, your still gaining health…

Feel free to defend or berate this healing signet. I’m curious to hear the arguments for and against it.

Elementalists have water fields and the blast finishers to pop them.

Boom, argument over.

You CANNOT compare two abilities in a vacuum, classes are designed AS A WHOLE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Actually SoR heals for more HPS then HS.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

Anet doesn’t think Hsign is unbalanced btw, no mention of this in the 15oct preview.
We are “pretty decent” in WvW and sPvP.

You guys just want to nerf Warriors instead of learning to play against them.
Well, bad news, Anet never nerfed anything just because a few people haven’t learned to counter it.
Thieves had 7000% more tears on their forums on backstab and haven’t gotten nerfed because backstab is balanced; same for Hsigned.

Stun meta will be fixed with the sigil fix, as for the rest you’ll have to forget that Warrior will be a free kill; I fear you will really have to learn.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Then they need to buff HS!

Anet please remove the passive HPS and make it like the Ele’s SoR. Make it so it heals for 168 per attack. Thanks.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Anet please remove the passive HPS and make it like the Ele’s SoR. Make it so it heals for 168 per attack. Thanks.

That would make it ridiculous… LOL

Can you imagine Axe/Axe?

Axe 5 = 12600 heal!

I could also use the active as well and keep the insane passive.

DO IT

in Warrior

Sifu.6527

Can you imagine Axe/Axe?

Axe 5 = 12600 heal!

DO IT

I did say like so its on attack activation like the the Ele’s SoR. So only 1 heal per attack activation.

Yes, lets do it!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Can you imagine Axe/Axe?

Axe 5 = 12600 heal!

DO IT

I did say like so its on attack activation like the the Ele’s SoR. So only 1 heal per attack activation.

Yes, lets do it!

No, you just said: Attack. So it would be like SoM.

in Warrior

Sifu.6527

Can you imagine Axe/Axe?

Axe 5 = 12600 heal!

DO IT

Yes, lets do it!

No, you just said: Attack. So it would be like SoM.

I also said “make it like the Ele’s SoR.”

Seriously, which one would you rather have HS (passive regen) or SoR (heal on ability activation)?

in Warrior

honovi.7893

So, here it is. Your chance to defend healing signet. I find this skill to be the most ridiculous skill in the game, yet warriors claim its necessary and not unbalanced.

Lets look at the base stats for warrior’s healing signet, keeping in mind that the warrior has the highest base toughness and health pool in the game.

Healing signet (pve): Base 392 health per second with a .05 healing power modifier.

Now lets look at the elementalist, the class with the lowest base toughness and hp pool in the game:

Signet of Restoration (PVP): 168 base health per cast with a healing modifier of .08.

I just don’t see how you can justify this healing signet. It’s almost twice as good as the elementalist’s signet for base passive healing. It is also PER SECOND. That means when your running away, casting a long skill, or blocking using the endure pain, your still gaining health…

Feel free to defend or berate this healing signet. I’m curious to hear the arguments for and against it.

Elementalists have water fields and the blast finishers to pop them.

Boom, argument over.

You CANNOT compare two abilities in a vacuum, classes are designed AS A WHOLE.

Yeah. Nice man. This has been gone over before. Only staff elementalists have water fields. Are staff elementalists viable in pvp? No. Boom, argument over.

I feel like everyone who tries to use sarcasm in this thread has been wrong…

in Warrior

honovi.7893

Evidence?

As to the person who is saying that warriors have more trouble with blinds because they can’t remove it by ranged abilities or fast hitting abilities. Isn’t your GS 3 ability fast hitting? Don’t you have a projectile built into your greatsword? You also have access to ranged weapons to remove blind, you just choose not to use them (not always the case in competetive 5v5). Engineers can ONLY go ranged (toolkit doesnt count, melee toolkit is not viable). That is more of a negative than a positive…

Thieves have to remove blind as well. To remove blind, they can either attack or they can go into stealth. Would thieves really waste stealth just to remove 1 blind? probably not. Now, yes they can spam heartseeker, one of the most transparent skills in the game, in order to catch up to their opponent. However, warriors have a ton of natural mobility as well. Your greatsword skills alone provide more mobility than most classes have when they spec for it.

Yes, warriors have trouble with blinds, but so do thieves. I will admit a good counter to warriors is blinds though. They do seem to have a lot of trouble because they do not have good passive condi removal/single skill condi removal. IMO this should be fixed.

To the person who believes foods need to be nerfed: I agree. Condi foods in wvw are far too strong.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Anet doesn’t think Hsign is unbalanced btw, no mention of this in the 15oct preview.

Well, bad news, Anet never nerfed anything just because a few people haven’t learned to counter it.
Thieves had 7000% more tears on their forums on backstab and haven’t gotten nerfed because backstab is balanced; same for Hsigned.

Stun meta will be fixed with the sigil fix, as for the rest you’ll have to forget that Warrior will be a free kill; I fear you will really have to learn.

I don’t know how you can know that ANet doesn’t think at all that HS isn’t unbalanced, have you some sort of internal source from ANet? As far we know, they can nerf HS in the next patch.

It has been talked about a lot of times about said “counters” and how they are uneffective compared to other healing skills.

It has been said that Healing Signet cannot be interrupt and it is less susceptible to poison compared to any other standard healing skill, while healing a lot more over time. I really don’t know what are the counters you are talking about.

People complained about the backstab combo, not backstab itself. The backstab combo was heavily and rightfully nerfed. First Assassin Signet, then Cloak and Dagger damage and finally Mug not critting anymore.

Stun meta will not be fixed with the sigil fix. The sigil fix is a nerf only to short lasting stuns, like Hilt Bash, Headshot, Sleight of Hand and so on, while warriors stuns, which have usually a very long base duration, are pretty much unaffected.

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

This portion clearly shows that in my opinion the problem isn’t that warriors can deal decent damage with soldier amulet, but that warriors can have the sustainability typical of cleric amulet without the need to spend a single point into healing power.

As long as Warriors are tanky but not sustainable, it is fine since they are tough at first but as long as the fight goes on, they lose to attrition because they lack the sustainability of a cleric build, which is far more strong in attrition fights but it comes at a cost of vitality and power. Right now Warriors have the tankyness and the damage of soldier amulet coupled also with the sustainability typical of clerics just because Healing Signet gives crazy HP regen at 0 healing power cost, which is what makes them so broken.

You are the only one in need of comprehension of basic logic and maths.
Healing signet heals only 2k more than Surge – but only if the fight lasts 30 seconds, and it can be hard-countered with poison to a bigger extent than Surge, since you can cleanse+surge for full 10k but every second you’re poisoned you lose healing while using Healing Signet.

When math, logic, everyone and even Anet says you wrong it is really time to ask yourself if it’s not an issue of yours maybe?
I don’t see 5warrior team in tPvP.
If it was OP there would be, just like we had 5thieves 5guards 5eles teams when they were OP.

You can sit here crying or stop being mediocre and learn to play.
The game doesn’t change just because you’re bad, though.
If a Warrior with healing signet is your PvP limit you should just drop PvP entirely and go do some dungeons.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

I don’t know how you can know that ANet doesn’t think at all that HS isn’t unbalanced, have you some sort of internal source from ANet? As far we know, they can nerf HS in the next patch.

It has been talked about a lot of times about said “counters” and how they are uneffective compared to other healing skills.

It has been said that Healing Signet cannot be interrupt and it is less susceptible to poison compared to any other standard healing skill, while healing a lot more over time. I really don’t know what are the counters you are talking about.

People complained about the backstab combo, not backstab itself. The backstab combo was heavily and rightfully nerfed. First Assassin Signet, then Cloak and Dagger damage and finally Mug not critting anymore.

Stun meta will not be fixed with the sigil fix. The sigil fix is a nerf only to short lasting stuns, like Hilt Bash, Headshot, Sleight of Hand and so on, while warriors stuns, which have usually a very long base duration, are pretty much unaffected.

In the State of the Game videos it was mentioned that they felt Warriors were in a good spot. They also said that it took over a month for the current Warrior builds to develop and that they would rather wait and see to see what the players do before making any changes.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

honovi.7893

Can you imagine Axe/Axe?

Axe 5 = 12600 heal!

DO IT

Guys. I do not think you understand how SoR works. You only heal when you use a skill. You don’t heal 5 times if that skills hits the enemy 5 times. For example, if I cast drake’s breath which hits the enemy 4 times over 2.25 seconds, i only get ONE heal from signet of restoration at the beginning of that cast. Not four ticks because it hits the enemy four seperate times, just ONE tick from SoR for a 2.25 second cast time.

in Warrior

honovi.7893

Healing signet heals only 2k more than Surge – but only if the fight lasts 30 seconds, and it can be hard-countered with poison to a bigger extent than Surge, since you can cleanse+surge for full 10k but every second you’re poisoned you lose healing while using Healing Signet.

When math, logic, everyone and even Anet says you wrong it is really time to ask yourself if it’s not an issue of yours maybe?
If it was OP there would be, just like we had 5thieves 5guards 5eles teams when they were OP.

If a Warrior with healing signet is your PvP limit you should just drop PvP entirely and go do some dungeons.

How is healing surge less susceptible to poison? When im playing my engineer, the moment i see someone’s hand go up to heal, i apply poison with my pistol 2 skill. This causes their heal skill to now heal for way less. If the warrior who needs to heal is already poisoned, it makes healing surge even worse because the only way a warrior can heal condis is to attack, use surge, sigils, or that one weird trait no one takes (i forget the name…). This means that if they cannot cure the poison, they are screwed. Healing signet, on the other hand, is predictable. They can stack -condi duration and just keep on trucking.

Lol @ the people who think the devs should have more say than the players than balancing. Is it true that one of the warrior devs plays all signet builds? That was the running joke in my guild for the longest time, and rightfully so. The players play this game much more than the devs. They know more about the balance issues than the devs do. This is not a fact that i can cite. There are simply players who put much more time in the game than the devs do. Therefore, they have had more exposure to balancing issues.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

In the State of the Game videos it was mentioned that they felt Warriors were in a good spot. They also said that it took over a month for the current Warrior builds to develop and that they would rather wait and see to see what the players do before making any changes.

So they said that they want to let the meta settle before making any change.
That sentence was said way before Warrior were so popular in any gamemode. Just do a couple of SoloQ and count the Warrior population by yourself.

The meta has settled and not in a good way.

I am really under the impression that you are trying to trolling me, because you are saying to get some basic of logic and maths when you clearly have none.

Healing Signet heals 2k more than Surge, but Surge requires you to have full adrenaline to get the full heal and it is susceptible to interrupts. Not to say that Healing Signet heals for 7840 HP every 20s, which is WAY more than any other 20s cooldown healing skill and 5880 HP every 15s, still way more than any other 15s cooldown healing skill.

Also, to get a 33% reduction of the healing potential of healing signet in a 30s time window, you have to mantain poison on your target for 30s, while with Surge, you have only to mantain it during the cast. It is pretty much impossible to continuously mantain poison for 30s, while it is fairly easy to mantain poison when you know that your target is going to heal soon, which clearly means that Healing Signet is way less susceptible to poison compared to standard healing skills.

Do you even play SoloQ? Every match have at least 4 warriors.

Also lol @ logic, math, everyone and ArenaNet saying that I’m wrong. It is really laughable how bad and false your arguments are. Twisting facts is your specialization, you must be a lawyer, a bad one I’d say.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

That sentence was said way before Warrior were so popular in any gamemode. Just do a couple of SoloQ and count the Warrior population by yourself.

The only classes not seeing play are Mesmer and Ele. It doesn’t even make sense that we’re not seeing more Mesmers considering how strong they are against Warriors. Even more so because the strength of the Warrior means a decline in conditions.

Ele is the only class that is severely lacking, every other class has at least one build that is worth using in PvP. That’s a hell of a lot better than any meta before now. Thieves and Mesmers can step up and keep Warriors in check we’re just not seeing many actually bothering to do so. I have also seen very few Necros/Rangers actually change their builds at all to mitigate stuns.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

My necromancer destroys Warriors. I have him set up to pretty much not ever be stunned with spamming chills and other things to keep warriors in check. His weakness however? THIEVES, THIEVES wreck my build.

However, most warriors are trash.

Attachments:

in Warrior

honovi.7893

The only classes not seeing play are Mesmer and Ele. It doesn’t even make sense that we’re not seeing more Mesmers considering how strong they are against Warriors. Even more so because the strength of the Warrior means a decline in conditions.

Ele is the only class that is severely lacking, every other class has at least one build that is worth using in PvP. That’s a hell of a lot better than any meta before now. Thieves and Mesmers can step up and keep Warriors in check we’re just not seeing many actually bothering to do so. I have also seen very few Necros/Rangers actually change their builds at all to mitigate stuns.

I can agree with you here for some of the things said. But for others, i cannot. For example, mesmers have the strong boon strip shatter trait which would cripple warriors (and many other classes) but we are not seeing it for one reason or antother. It may be because phantasms get AOEd to death too quickly or because mesmers fall susceptible to single target burst (thieves).

I completely agree with what you say about necros. Necros whine “but you can cc us!!!!”. Necros actually have good stunbreakers AND ways to mitigate cc. They simply choose not to use them because LOLCONDITIONS.

As for the ranger- Ranger’s stunbreaks are bad. Simple as that. The only one worth taking is lighting reflexes (signet of renewal is not for the stun break….). Rangers get wrecked by warriors pure and simple.

I think the problem with other classes not stepping up to burst warriors is endure pain. This skill allows warriors to keep pressure up on berserker classes while not taking any damage. I’m not saying it needs a nerf because it makes warriors very susceptible to conditions. It is just part of the game.

in Warrior

honovi.7893

My necromancer destroys Warriors. I have him set up to pretty much not ever be stunned with spamming chills and other things to keep warriors in check. His weakness however? THIEVES, THIEVES wreck my build.

Anecdotal evidence… No video…probably hotjoin hero…. etc…

(edited by honovi.7893)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Anecdotal evidence… No video…probably hotjoin hero…. etc…

If I had a way to make good videos and upload them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I haven’t post in a while, but all I can say about OP’s thread it’s a l2p issue especially if it’s about warriors.

From what I see when players whine about warriors in general is if they’re viable to participate in pvp more than often and not roflstomp. They’re overpowered

However if they’re not viable and have a little builds to participate in pvp while getting roflstomp. They’re balanced.

Pineapples

in Warrior

honovi.7893

I haven’t post in a while, but all I can say about OP’s thread it’s a l2p issue especially if it’s about warriors.

From what I see when players whine about warriors in general is if they’re viable to participate in pvp more than often and not roflstomp. They’re overpowered

However if they’re not viable and have a little builds to participate in pvp while getting roflstomp. They’re balanced.

I have no clue what you are trying to say.

@daecello Does not being able to make a video still allow you to use anecdotal evidence? How many experienced warriors do you see who use the base pvp armor…? That match was also clearly in hotjoin as that map isn’t available for tournies. If you think dominating people in hotjoin makes you good/them bad… oh boy do i have news for you.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

I can agree with you here for some of the things said. But for others, i cannot. For example, mesmers have the strong boon strip shatter trait which would cripple warriors (and many other classes) but we are not seeing it for one reason or antother. It may be because phantasms get AOEd to death too quickly or because mesmers fall susceptible to single target burst (thieves).

I completely agree with what you say about necros. Necros whine “but you can cc us!!!!”. Necros actually have good stunbreakers AND ways to mitigate cc. They simply choose not to use them because LOLCONDITIONS.

As for the ranger- Ranger’s stunbreaks are bad. Simple as that. The only one worth taking is lighting reflexes (signet of renewal is not for the stun break….). Rangers get wrecked by warriors pure and simple.

I think the problem with other classes not stepping up to burst warriors is endure pain. This skill allows warriors to keep pressure up on berserker classes while not taking any damage. I’m not saying it needs a nerf because it makes warriors very susceptible to conditions. It is just part of the game.

If Mesmers receive any buffs in terms of survival they will become unstoppable killing machines.

BM Rangers are a good match vs stun builds, it’s just that many perceive the build to be inferior to Spirit Rangers…yet they are dying much more to stuns because at best they either have one resist or go stealth on stun which does nothing as I’ll just continue the combo.

That being said, pets need to be revamped so that the Ranger has more control over them.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Quit complaining because you don’t like good stuff happening to warriors.

You know good and well Elementalist can heal better than Warriors and you’re trying to find an argument because of Healing Signet ticks better than it did before.

In pvp it does help out warriors just a tad and that’s about it.

Pineapples

in Warrior

honovi.7893

You know good and well Elementalist can heal better than Warriors and you’re trying to find an argument because of Healing Signet ticks better than it did before.

But they doesn’t heal more than warriors. The math is in this thread. It heals substantially less without max healing power.

(edited by honovi.7893)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

But they doesn’t heal more than warriors. The math is in this thread. It heals substantially less without max healing power.

In SPVP it is 331 healing every second no healing power.
In PVE it is 367 healing every second with no healing power.

This is assuming your using a spell exactly every second, using certain combinations of instant spells you can proc this off multiple times.

This is all assuming your only using a spell every second. If your using more then one spell every second An elementalist can use up to 7 spells a second.. Also this procs off itself as well. If you calculate that then it could be much higher HP/S then HS, this is all depending on your build as well. I also think it procs off sigil procs however I am not sure.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Trolling or not, actual combat over spreadsheets. If you’re having a tough time with a warrior in a 1 vs 1 fight then grab some help and burst it down. Sorry but I don’t like my class being the underdog forever while you like to run over them with no hassle.

Step up your game or get out.

Pineapples

in Warrior

honovi.7893

This is assuming your using a spell exactly every second, using certain combinations of instant spells you can proc this off multiple times.

This is all assuming your only using a spell every second. If your using more then one spell every second An elementalist can use up to 7 spells a second.. Also this procs off itself as well. If you calculate tha t then it could be much higher HP/S then HS, this is all depending on your build as well. I also think it procs off sigil procs however I am not sure.

Show your work. We need to see how you came up with these numbers.

How many Eles can cast exactly 1 spell per second? That is clearly not attainable unless you add the instant casts you talk about.

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Boo this man!

Nah but really, I’m such a hipster I use mending in all forms of gameplay but PvE.

Get at me. I’ll still whoop yo kitten , and I’ll do it with a guy bandaged around his head in blue attire on my skill bar.

Nah… I have like nothing to contribute of value here lol…

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Mesmer are seeing a lot of play to be honest. The meta is shifting pushing Mesmer back in, it isn’t no more like it was 2 months ago were you see no mesmers at all in competitive play.

You can see that in SoloQ, TeamQ and high level PvP mesmers are fairly represented.

Warrior is by far over popular, which clearly means that people have decided to reroll Warrior because it is way more effective compared to other professions. It has the same representation, or even more, of Necromancers and Spirit Rangers back on the apex of their opness.

Of course the meta is better than any meta before (otherwise we aren’t getting better, but worse), that doesn’t mean that Warriors can’t use a little nerf to bring them on par with other professions.

As I’ve pointed out (probably in another topic), Necros suffers from really bad stun mitigation, even if they build completely for it. They don’t have enough tools to kite the warriors, neither the tools to avoid to be hit.
A Warrior can pop his long-lasting stability, so does the Guardian.
A Thief can just teleport away, a Ranger can block or evade the stuns, an Engineer can kite like a boss, spam blindness and block. A Mesmer can blink away, an Elementalist has not that much tools too. What about Necros? Stunbreakers, period.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Mesmer are seeing a lot of play to be honest. The meta is shifting pushing Mesmer back in, it isn’t no more like it was 2 months ago were you see no mesmers at all in competitive play.

You can see that in SoloQ, TeamQ and high level PvP mesmers are fairly represented.

Warrior is by far over popular, which clearly means that people have decided to reroll Warrior because it is way more effective compared to other professions. It has the same representation, or even more, of Necromancers and Spirit Rangers back on the apex of their opness.

Of course the meta is better than any meta before (otherwise we aren’t getting better, but worse), that doesn’t mean that Warriors can’t use a little nerf to bring them on par with other professions.

As I’ve pointed out (probably in another topic), Necros suffers from really bad stun mitigation, even if they build completely for it. They don’t have enough tools to kite the warriors, neither the tools to avoid to be hit.
A Warrior can pop his long-lasting stability, so does the Guardian.
A Thief can just teleport away, a Ranger can block or evade the stuns, an Engineer can kite like a boss, spam blindness and block. A Mesmer can blink away, an Elementalist has not that much tools too. What about Necros? Stunbreakers, period.

Foot in the Grave + Close to Death will give you 3 seconds of Stability every 7 seconds. You also get Last Grasp with that line so that’s some Protection.

I see Warrior #‘s dropping once we see more Mesmers and burst Thieves. People running Necro/Ranger get wrecked by a Warrior because they have no counters, they make a Warrior. Now they discover that it isn’t quite as easy as they believed it to be. Yes, there’s a lot of Warriors running around right now, but how many of them are actually any good?

Also, are people basing their view of Warriors on SoloQ or Hotjoin? If you’re basing your opinion of a class on only Hotjoin then I urge you to dip into SoloQ because hotjoin is not something to base balancing decision on.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

This is all assuming your only using a spell every second. If your using more then one spell every second An elementalist can use up to 7 spells a second.. Also this procs off itself as well. If you calculate that then it could be much higher HP/S then HS, this is all depending on your build as well. I also think it procs off sigil procs however I am not sure.

Your also forgetting the little trait: Set it Stone and Signet Mastery for Elementalists, they can keep the passive and use the active, which procs the passive again.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Foot in the Grave + Close to Death will give you 3 seconds of Stability every 7 seconds. You also get Last Grasp with that line so that’s some Protection.

I see Warrior #‘s dropping once we see more Mesmers and burst Thieves. People running Necro/Ranger get wrecked by a Warrior because they have no counters, they make a Warrior. Now they discover that it isn’t quite as easy as they believed it to be. Yes, there’s a lot of Warriors running around right now, but how many of them are actually any good?

Also, are people basing their view of Warriors on SoloQ or Hotjoin? If you’re basing your opinion of a class on only Hotjoin then I urge you to dip into SoloQ because hotjoin is not something to base balancing decision on.

Foot in The Grave + Close to Death giving 3s of Stability every 7s is a misconception.
You can achieve that uptime of stability only if you just pop in and out from DS, without mitigating damage nor using any of the DS abilities. The real stability uptime with an average DS use is way less and way more underwhelming compared Balanced Stance or Stand Your Ground. Last Gasp, also, is just a little bit of Protection, it won’t save you from dying anyway.

Don’t fool yourself. Warriors are crazy easy to play and incredibly effective even at low skill levels. Day after day, more people are rerolling warrior from their main profession and getting easy wins with that.

You can’t really recognize a skilled Warrior from an unskilled one, since ALL the skill of a warriors is just to not stun your target if it is already stunned. Everything else is just skill spam.

I don’t play hotjoins at all. I play SoloQ and it is a mess of warriors.
I dare you to hop in and make a screenshot of a single match without at least 2 warriors in it. You have to make several attempts to succeed, guaranteed.