Mace/Shield-GS: How to properly nerf it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Titan.3791

Lord Titan.3791

Hey guys,

Simply put Skullcrack>One Hundred Blades is too strong of a combo. Combined with Unsuspecting Foe, Fast Hands, and F1 Cooldown you can easily pull of this combo every 8 seconds against players. Granted yes there is stability, teleports, evade, ect; but the cooldown and easy access to this combo is why it is too strong. You can easily Pull this combo off faster than the enemies Stunbreaks/Stability re-charges(Except in the case of a very well played Mesmer with Staff or a S/x Thief).

My suggestion to nullify this build without breaking Warriors would be to change One Hundred Blades to the Greatsword’s F1 Ability. This would allow the combo to be pulled of via Adrenaline gain skills, but at a higher cost and on a longer cooldown.
Skullcrack would still be just as strong, players will simply have to learn better damage rotations rather than relying on two skills.

Just my two cents on how to fix it. Not going to go into details on what should happen to One Hundred Blades as a F1 or what it should be replaced with, that is A-net’s job.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

You’d have to think then, what would take 100b’s place on 2nd skill

Also. adrenaline is sooo easy come by, 3bar adren skull crack into 3bar adren 100b on f1 would still easy done.

IF they do nerf it it’ll be a stun reduction on skullcrack + sigil. But then you have to think about, will that bring it below other class stuns etc.

Either way it would still do the job.

As a warrior getting skull cracked and eating a 100b isnt the ability i worry about.. its the Whrilwind after what takes chucks imo.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

(edited by Ajaxx.3157)

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Game isn’t balanced around 1v1’s.

If you’ve got an issue, heres a tissue.

Sorry.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Nerf Sigil of Paralization instead?

Why do we have to Crowd Control someone to deal damage where every other class does not?

Obviously Skull Crack is powerful, but its ST. Most of the complaints of it come from Asura which have a different animation then all the other races. Where if I use it on my Sylvari for example, its very easy to see because it has a unique animation.

If I use it on an Asura, it looks exactly like an auto-attack swing.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

You’d have to think then, what would take 100b’s place on 2nd skill

Also. adrenaline is sooo easy come by, 3bar adren skull crack into 3bar adren 100b on f1 is still easy done.

IF they do nerf it it’ll be a stun reduction on skullcrack + sigil.

Either way it would still do the job.

I wouldn’t say it is “Easy” to come by.

It can be easy to come by if:
1: Healing Surge is popped, 1 second cast time means that only 4-5 of the GS hits will land. 30 second recharge means this can only be replicated every 30 seconds and also results in the warrior not using Healing Signet as well as popping his heal early.
2: Signet of Fury is popped, 1/4 second cast time still allows 6-7 GS hits to land. Though it causes the warrior to only be able to replicate this on a 30 second cooldown, 24 seconds with Signet Mastery, and also takes up a utility slot.

I wouldn’t say Berserker’s Stance is a viable option because you would have to wait for it to tick before hitting 3 bars which would waste time on the stun.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Ajaxx.3157

Sorry.

.yrroS

.eussit a aereh ,eussi na tog ev’uoy fI

.s’1v1 bnuors becnalab t’nsi emaG

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Sorry.

Never said anything about 1v1s.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Ajaxx.3157

I know what you’re saying about Cool downs, but aren’t we talking about the combo itself?

inb4 Daecollo says “in 24s a warrior will be dead, because we don’t have protection etc etc etc”

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Why do we have to Crowd Control someone to deal damage where every other class does not?

Obviously Skull Crack is powerful, but its ST. Most of the complaints of it come from Asura which have a different animation then all the other races. Where if I use it on my Sylvari for example, its very easy to see because it has a unique animation.

1: I disagree with the whole “We have to CC to deal damage”, that is simply a false statement. Only reason that was ever brought up was because of the mass use of GS and the need of a CC to land 100b.

2: Asuras are a complete different issue. While I’ll agree that it is easy to dodge Skullcrack if you know what you’re looking for. That is highly based on player skill/knowledge. In the case of two high skilled players facing off the Warrior should be counting dodges/cooldowns.

Titan/Mr Brains

(edited by Lord Titan.3791)

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

I know what you’re saying about Cool downs, but aren’t we talking about the combo itself?

inb4 Daecollo says “in 24s a warrior will be dead, because we don’t have protection etc etc etc”

Well the issue, in my opinion, has to do with the cooldown and easy accessibility to it. If you can only pull it off every 30 seconds that means that the enemy player has a higher chance of surviving because it’d be more on par with their stunbreaks/stability. Now this isn’t to say that a smart Warrior can’t kill them now. They will simply have to bait their stuns and play accordingly.

P.S. I usually die in 2 seconds unless I have a guardian with me. But with a guardian I last forever because Protection makes me a god and I fire lazers from my eyes with it. =/

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Also regarding Skullcrack I feel that it is more of a Cast-time/Animation issue more than anything.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Ajaxx.3157

But what you’re talking about now is the skill level of the warrior Vs the skill level of what you’re attacking.

There is a ton of variables to be added to the equation, and you could prob add more.

I’m just saying the combo would still be there with your suggestion

I’d also add Whrilwind into it, after the 100b also

I get what you’re saying, and I’m not having a go, its prob one of the more mature discussions posted on the Warrior forums atm :P

in Warrior

Ajaxx.3157

Before I go for dinner….

Yes I agree with you on the animation of Skullcrack… but do you make it so obvious that it’s the new killshot?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

1: I disagree with the whole “We have to CC to deal damage”, that is simply a false statement. Only reason that was ever brought up was because of the mass use of GS and the need from a CC to land 100b.

2: Asuras are a complete different issue. While I’ll agree that it is easy to dodge Skullcrack if you know what you’re looking for. That is highly based on player skill/knowledge. In the case of two high skilled players facing off the Warrior should be counting dodges/cooldowns.

You would Nullify the build and fix some issues great-sword has. However you would need to change the great sword’s auto attack to have better damage. You would also need to make Arcing Slice give vulnerability instead of fury. Remove Vulnerability from the auto attack and improve its damage, maybe add something else to give it more flavor?

Greatsword Swing (½)
Slash your foe.
Damage: 296
Range: 130

Greatsword Slice (½)
Slice your foe.

Brutal Strike (½)
Cripple your foe with a final Brutal Strike.
Damage: 437 (1.3)?
Crippled: 2 s
Weakness: 2 s

Arcing Slice (½, 8 second cool down.)
Make your Foe Vulnerable with an Arcing Slice.
Damage: 480
10 Vulnerability: 8 s

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

But what you’re talking about now is the skill level of the warrior Vs the skill level of what you’re attacking.

There is a ton of variables to be added to the equation, and you could prob add more.

I’m just saying the combo would still be there with your suggestion

I’d also add Whrilwind into it, after the 100b also

I get what you’re saying, and I’m not having a go, its prob one of the more mature discussions posted on the Warrior forums atm :P

Agreed that skill level has to be taken into consideration.

But currently a Mace/Shield-GS Warrior can easily come out on top versus players of equal or slightly greater skill, should it not be more on par?

Oh I know, this is a discussion not an argument. ^.~

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Before I go for dinner….

Yes I agree with you on the animation of Skullcrack… but do you make it so obvious that it’s the new killshot?

No, at all. I would only suggest giving it say a 1/2 cast increase and slight flare to the animation.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Are we sure cycling all other skills wouldn’t deal equal, if not higher, damage than 100 blades?

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

1: I disagree with the whole “We have to CC to deal damage”, that is simply a false statement. Only reason that was ever brought up was because of the mass use of GS and the need from a CC to land 100b.

You would Nullify the build and fix some issues great-sword has. However you would need to change the great sword’s auto attack to have better damage. You would also need to make Arcing Slice give vulnerability instead of fury. Remove Vulnerability from the auto attack and improve its damage, maybe add something else to give it more flavor?

Greatsword Swing (½)
Slash your foe.

Greatsword Slice (½)
Slice your foe.

Brutal Strike (½)

Again as I’ve stated what you’re posting isn’t my job, that A-net’s.
The issue currently is fixing the problem at hand. If the change was ever implemented and GS needed further changes then I would focus on those. Simply stating “X” would be needed if “X” ever happened without a single point of data or testing is foolish.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Are we sure cycling all other skills wouldn’t deal equal, if not higher, damage than 100 blades?

No doubt Rush, Arcing Slice, Whirlwind wouldn’t be something to brush off like it was a bug. People simply don’t want to experiment with other rotations and possibilities. They leave that job to top tier players and theory-crafters.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

100 Blades as a burst skill would be kinda dumb.

Currently, the rooting isn’t an issue because it’s not a burst skill. But if you made it into a burst skill, it would kinda suck. Unlike Kill Shot or Flurry, 100 Blades has nothing to even try to counteract enemies just running away from you.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Greatsword Swing (½)
Slash your foe.

Greatsword Slice (½)
Slice your foe.

Brutal Strike (½)

The issue currently is fixing the problem at hand. If the change was ever implemented and GS needed further changes then I would focus on those. Simply stating “X” would be needed if “X” ever happened without a single point of data or testing is foolish.

Well just changing the skills out would require a rework.

I don’t give my ideas, I base them all on what other classes have and work from thakittens not my decision either.

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Ajaxx.3157

Currently, the rooting isn’t an issue because it’s not a burst skill. But if you made it into a burst skill, it would kinda suck. Unlike Kill Shot or Flurry, 100 Blades has nothing to even try to counteract enemies just running away from you.

If and “if” is a MASSIVE word for a change like this

If 100b went to F1, it would need to be mobile with either more hits at lower dmg..

Think Black orc from Warhammer with that mobile 2hand axe ability. ( think it was 2h axe. )

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Also GS Autoattack is dangerous…

What I used to do last time I was playing to outdamage other warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Even mace probably has highter dps than gs in current builds on chain.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Even mace probably has highter dps than gs in current builds on chain.

Not autoattack. It might look like this, but it’s slower. But you can pack quite a punch while the enemy is stunned.

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

I’m here to tell you right now. I don’t use GS, I use Hammer.

But even if I did….

1s nerf or even making Para sigil not work the way it does, won’t save even the average player.

Then they will just complain about Earthshaker etc.

It’s not the 1 extra second that putting us at the top.

For example, I had a necro tell me I’m op because of the amount of CC I had, yet he had no stunbreakers. And this is the IQ of the every day player.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

The combo is no easier to pull off then kids pressing as many buttons as they please and just apply ridiculous stacks of conditions.

My Ranger is guilty of this. It’s simply too easy, and I’m afraid that this game is not one of skill. The developers have made nearly every single build, and this meta, entirely too accessible to mouthbreathers. Managing all of 10-15 buttons is not entirely too difficult compared to other MMO’s.

Example, I’m handicapped and have barely any use in my left hand, yet I play with a pc gamepad, and mouse. I’m extremely slow and my reaction time is utterly horrid, yet, despite this, I still manage to do as well as I do.

Maybe it’s the classes I play, maybe it’s not, maybe it’s just bad game design that allows sub par players to spam buttons with little regard to timing and still pwn face.

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

It would need some tweaks but it would be better for the class as a whole. Though if you absolutely love Arcing Slice you seriously need to rethink some things.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Greatsword Swing (½)
Slash your foe.

Greatsword Slice (½)
Slice your foe.

Brutal Strike (½)

Well just changing the skills out would require a rework.

I don’t give my ideas, I base them all on what other classes have and work from thakittens not my decision either.

Yes a rework on somethings would be needed. Also basing one classes mechanics on another in order to make them “similar” is horrible design.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

I’m here to tell you right now. I don’t use GS, I use Hammer.

But even if I did….

1s nerf or even making Para sigil not work the way it does, won’t save even the average player.

Then they will just complain about Earthshaker etc.

It’s not the 1 extra second that putting us at the top.

For example, I had a necro tell me I’m op because of the amount of CC I had, yet he had no stunbreakers. And this is the IQ of the every day player.

To the “average” player Earthshaker can be easily dodged. Balancing something around players not realizing what the skill does is a horrible idea. Think Beta weekend 2 when Warriors were the kings of sPvP with GS-Axe/Shield.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

The combo is no easier to pull off then kids pressing as many buttons as they please and just apply ridiculous stacks of conditions.

My Ranger is guilty of this. It’s simply too easy, and I’m afraid that this game is not one of skill. The developers have made nearly every single build, and this meta, entirely too accessible to mouthbreathers. Managing all of 10-15 buttons is not entirely too difficult compared to other MMO’s.

Example, I’m handicapped and have barely any use in my left hand, yet I play with a pc gamepad, and mouse. I’m extremely slow and my reaction time is utterly horrid, yet, despite this, I still manage to do as well as I do.

Maybe it’s the classes I play, maybe it’s not, maybe it’s just bad game design that allows sub par players to spam buttons with little regard to timing and still pwn face.

Condition application is a whole other issue that I’m sure will be taken a look into.

One thing to consider is this.

The game SHOULD be easily accessible to ALL players. But without a proper SKILL CEILING you will end up with builds that overshadow others due to how easy they are to play. Simply put make something op harder to play(easier to dodge/land “x” for example) and see how players adapt to it.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Olba.5376

It would need some tweaks but it would be better for the class as a whole. Though if you absolutely love Arcing Slice you seriously need to rethink some things.

Some pretty serious tweaks at that. Making it so that you can move while the skill channels would require completely revamping the animation. Sadly, there’s tons of rooting multihit skills that have fabulous mechanics, such as Zealot’s Defense, Pistol Whip and Blurred Frenzy, but I don’t think any of those would work as a burst skill.

As for Arcing Slice, I sometimes use it. But only because I am running Cleansing Ire.

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Some pretty serious tweaks at that. Making it so that you can move while the skill channels would require completely revamping the animation. Sadly, there’s tons of rooting multihit skills that have fabulous mechanics, such as Zealot’s Defense, Pistol Whip and Blurred Frenzy, but I don’t think any of those would work as a burst skill.

As for Arcing Slice, I sometimes use it. But only because I am running Cleansing Ire.

Again the matter at hand is the fact that Skullcrack>100b is too powerful.
Yes 100b would need some tweaks, varying from mobility to cast time to actual damage. Many things could be changed about it. But the current problem is Skullcrack>100b.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Personally i have to say that i don’t feel a high skill cap on this build.. On top of i have much easier time dealing with well..anything due to stuns. In wvw i tend to run gs+rifle (i know i know its not viable, but its my fault thakittens my playstyle and i like it after all?)

Over months we keep seening a suggestion about hb making it mobile and such, but moving it to burst/5 or w/e won’t solve anything about how bad hb is for pvp, yet a nobrainer in pve. I

n general i think that multihit skill on something like gs is a stupid idea in first place, and in facts im going to keep my statement that gs skills need a completely rework (except whirl) and both rush and hb should get removed out of this game and replaced with something else. Arcing slide looks as cool finisher by the way.

Mace on the other hands that everyone complains about needs a buff, not a nerf.

1-2 of chain? Vul stack if possible.
Pulverize? Check.. Its could be reduced to 3/4 with evade frame and little gap closer
Counterbow? Check.. Should hit up to 3 targets and works the same way as riposte.
Skull crack on its own is fine actually just bc its single target.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Yes 100b would need some tweaks, varying from mobility to cast time to actual damage. Many things could be changed about it. But the current problem is Skullcrack>100b.

Well, if you ask me, there’s four things that make the setup work.

1. The stun duration Skull Crack was increased from 2s to 3s. That’s a difference between half of a 100b to majority of a 100b.
  2. The Sigil of Paralyzation has funky rounding.
  3. The cooldown on Skull Crack can be as low as 7.75s.
  4. 100 Blades is not a burst skill.

Solve any of the first three and you’ll see the build crumble. Personally I don’t think they’re going to do something about Sigil of Paralyzation simply because without the funky rounding it’s a useless Sigil.

If I had the power to change something, I would put Skull Crack back at 2s base, with 3s with Sigil of Paralyzation and see how that ends up.

But if they made 100 blades into a Burst skill, I think people would start experimenting with Skull Crack into Eviscerate. Or Skull Crack into Final Thrust. The former has a bit more damage if your foe has >50% hp and can be executed twice as often, whereas the latter has vastly superior damage (3.0 coefficient instead of 2.0) at <50% hp, but can only be executed once every 15 seconds. Throw in axe autoattack and Sharpened Axes and you could push it even higher.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Stopped reading after the first complete sentence. No, it isn’t too strong of a combo.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Anyone saying mace/shield GS isn’t the easiest trendy pile of hot garbage since launch is lying because they enjoy playing faceroll.

I’ve been running it since the warrior rebalance patch because I stopped playing as much as I used to and it’s relaxing to press 3 buttons and destroy people.

We need something new. Something more complex and fun for both people involved. We simply have more skull cracks than any class in the game has counters. Even a skilled player will usually lose a 1v1 because they simply ran out of CD’s to counter skull crack.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

1. The stun duration Skull Crack was increased from 2s to 3s. That’s a difference between half of a 100b to majority of a 100b.

Solve any of the first three and you’ll see the build crumble. Personally I don’t think they’re going to do something about Sigil of Paralyzation simply because without the funky rounding it’s a useless Sigil.

If I had the power to change something, I would put Skull Crack back at 2s base, with 3s with Sigil of Paralyzation and see how that ends up.

But if they made 100 blades into a Burst skill, I think people would start experimenting with Skull Crack into Eviscerate. Or Skull Crack into Final Thrust. The former has a bit more damage if your foe has >50% hp and can be executed twice as often, whereas the latter has vastly superior damage (3.0 coefficient instead of 2.0) at <50% hp, but can only be executed once every 15 seconds. Throw in axe autoattack and Sharpened Axes and you could push it even higher.

I agree and disagree and here is why.

While all for would definitely nerf the combo. The first three would also completely lower the effectiveness of Mace itself. While the fourth only nerfs the combo.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Even a skilled player will usually lose a 1v1 because they simply ran out of CD’s to counter skull crack.

I have to disagreee here completely. I can fight that build without any stunbreakers and still owns them for breakfast. S/S+LB ftw.

Also its funny to watch mace/shield+gs against mace/shield+gs.. Battle of who will run faster out of stunbreakers..

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Stopped reading after the first complete sentence. No, it isn’t too strong of a combo.

Personal opinion from a minority of the community. The vast majority of players playing PvP would disagree.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Even a skilled player will usually lose a 1v1 because they simply ran out of CD’s to counter skull crack.

I have to disagreee here completely. I can fight that build without any stunbreakers and still owns them for breakfast. S/S+LB ftw.

Mind demonstrating in a sPvP match? I’m currently available.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Granted yes there is stability, teleports, evade, ect;

And kiting, and dodging (several classes with perma-vigor for example), and… and…

There are several counters, learn to use them.

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Granted yes there is stability, teleports, evade, ect;

And kiting, and dodging (several classes with perma-vigor for example), and… and…

There are several counters, learn to use them.

You know what ect. means I hope.

And the whole “learn to use them” part.

1: I have zero problems fighting Mace warriors, or any warrior in general.
2: Please fully read the thread next time.
3: Please respond appropriately in a constructive manner that further promotes a intelligent conversation on the issue.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Olba.5376

While all for would definitely nerf the combo. The first three would also completely lower the effectiveness of Mace itself. While the fourth only nerfs the combo.

Well, changing 100 blades to a burst would come with certain implications:

1. 7.75-10s cooldown on 100b, up from 6.4/8.0s that it is currently.
  2. Being thakittens a burst skill, it would drastically lower the dps of the PvE meta 30/0/0/10/30 build.
  3. Similarly, because it’s a burst skill, it could benefit from burst-related traits such as Building Momentum, Burst Mastery and Critical Burst. The latter two would significantly boost the damage output of 100b.

Granted, the first two are nerfs to the already powerful PvE dps of Warriors so it wouldn’t change much, but the fact that you could use Burst Mastery for an additional 10% damage and Critical Burst for an additional 10% crit would be rather significant.

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Well, changing 100 blades to a burst would come with certain implications:

1. 7.75-10s cooldown on 100b, up from 6.4/8.0s that it is currently.
  2. Being thakittens a burst skill, it would drastically lower the dps of the PvE meta 30/0/0/10/30 build.
  3. Similarly, because it’s a burst skill, it could benefit from burst-related traits such as Building Momentum, Burst Mastery and Critical Burst. The latter two would significantly boost the damage output of 100b.

Granted, the first two are nerfs to the already powerful PvE dps of Warriors so it wouldn’t change much, but the fact that you could use Burst Mastery for an additional 10% damage and Critical Burst for an additional 10% crit would be rather significant.

True, I would argue the first two are needed. Where as the third could be tweaked with power scaling/damage reduction if it got out of hand.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Posted by: Intuneric.7652

Intuneric.7652

Anyone saying mace/shield GS isn’t the easiest trendy pile of hot garbage since launch is lying because they enjoy playing faceroll.

I’ve been running it since the warrior rebalance patch because I stopped playing as much as I used to and it’s relaxing to press 3 buttons and destroy people.

We need something new. Something more complex and fun for both people involved. We simply have more skull cracks than any class in the game has counters. Even a skilled player will usually lose a 1v1 because they simply ran out of CD’s to counter skull crack.

+1
I main a warrior, im pretty average at it yet i still manage to destroy every non leet player i come across. Its so frikin cheap.
1. Change Arcing Slice with Hundreds Blades
2. Add at least another 2 burst skills per weapon and make it so we can choose between them.. this is a pretty obvious one, more people should complain about it imo

in Warrior

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

1: I disagree with the whole “We have to CC to deal damage”, that is simply a false statement. Only reason that was ever brought up was because of the mass use of GS and the need of a CC to land 100b.

So because some people know how to avoid it and others means it’s OP because of the ones that don’t? Balancing the game based on more casual players being unable to do things (hell, maybe not even a casual player. Maybe one new to fighting this build for whatever reason, etc…) is stupid and makes things boring.

Simplified – Learn what you’re fighting and just avoid it. Not everything is overpowered because it beats you. This build is meant for good CC/damage and it accomplishes that. It’s far from overpowered, just takes proper use of stability/breaks and dodges.

Also, there will always be builds that are easier than others. It’s a given. An example of this in the current meta would be condi builds, specifically necro. Apply face to keyboard, enemy bleeds out.

The average mace-shield/GS build is good at countering conditions, and there are builds good at countering the average as well. It’s the way it is.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

(edited by Kman.7358)

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

So because some people know how to avoid it and others means it’s OP because of the ones that don’t? Balancing the game based on more casual players being unable to do things (hell, maybe not even a casual player. Maybe one new to fighting this build for whatever reason, etc…) is stupid and makes things boring.

Simplified – Learn what you’re fighting and just avoid it. Not everything is overpowered because it beats you. This build is meant for good CC/damage and it accomplishes that. It’s far from overpowered, just takes proper use of stability/breaks and dodges.

Also, there will always be builds that are easier than others. It’s a given. An example of this in the current meta would be condi builds, specifically necro. Apply face to keyboard, enemy bleeds out.

The average mace-shield/GS build is good at countering conditions, and there are builds good at countering the average as well. It’s the way it is.

This isn’t an issue of a Skullcrack being better against unskilled vs skilled players. A skilled warrior can easily land a Skullcrack on another skilled player. The issue is how often this combo can be repeated versus how often the enemy player can escape it. If I can effectively land a 2-4k Skullcrack > 8-16k+ 100b on an enemy player everyone 8-10 seconds while the enemy can only escape it once every 20-60 seconds that is a problem. The animation of Skullcrack and whether it is easily dodgeable or not is another issue that needs to be handled as well.

And just to note, Mace/Shield-GS is not just countering conditions. It provides a difficult time for almost every build currently if played correctly. In the right hands it is only threatened by about 20-30% of the current builds.

Titan/Mr Brains

(edited by Lord Titan.3791)

in Warrior

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

Hey guys,

Simply put Skullcrack>One Hundred Blades is too strong of a combo. Combined with Unsuspecting Foe, Fast Hands, and F1 Cooldown you can easily pull of this combo every 8 seconds against players. Granted yes there is stability, teleports, evade, ect; but the cooldown and easy access to this combo is why it is too strong. You can easily Pull this combo off faster than the enemies Stunbreaks/Stability re-charges(Except in the case of a very well played Mesmer with Staff or a S/x Thief).

My suggestion to nullify this build without breaking Warriors would be to change One Hundred Blades to the Greatsword’s F1 Ability. This would allow the combo to be pulled of via Adrenaline gain skills, but at a higher cost and on a longer cooldown.
Skullcrack would still be just as strong, players will simply have to learn better damage rotations rather than relying on two skills.

Just my two cents on how to fix it. Not going to go into details on what should happen to One Hundred Blades as a F1 or what it should be replaced with, that is A-net’s job.

Wow..a warrior asking for warriors to be nerfed? You guys deserve to be nerfed since you responded to his thread.

Thieves and Mesmers must be laughing their kitten off at you, titan.

In every community there is always one..that probably got destroyed by another warrior using that so he assumed it’s the build and not his lack of skill..

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

in Warrior

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

This isn’t an issue of a Skullcrack being better against unskilled vs skilled players. A skilled warrior can easily land a Skullcrack on another skilled player. The issue is how often this combo can be repeated versus how often the enemy player can escape it. If I can effectively land a 2-4k Skullcrack > 8-16k+ 100b on an enemy player everyone 8-10 seconds while the enemy can only escape it once every 20-60 seconds that is a problem. The animation of Skullcrack and whether it is easily dodgeable or not is another issue that needs to be handled as well.

And just to note, Mace/Shield-GS is not just countering conditions. It provides a difficult time for almost every build currently if played correctly. In the right hands it is only threatened by about 20-30% of the current builds.

Actually it is, I think that is why you are kitten about getting destroyed by a warrior using it.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]