Mace/Shield-GS: How to properly nerf it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I agree Cog, I too can think of 100 different class combinations/builds that are more frustrating to fight.

If you are Mace/Sh and Gs. You are essentially built for 1vx situations and not much else. You specify your build for such and that’s all you are capable of. Any 2 good players vs any 1 good player, no matter of class/build will always down the 1 person, especially running a build like SC/hb.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Quin.9740

Quin.9740

That is good point about the skullcrack HB combo, you are rooted throughout the duration of the HB and open to everyone else on focusing you down. So obviously this is not the best teamplay build for a warrior.

Mighty Quin of SOR

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

That is good point about the skullcrack HB combo, you are rooted throughout the duration of the HB and open to everyone else on focusing you down. So obviously this is not the best teamplay build for a warrior.

It’s a build made to seek small fights around the battle.

That’s why GS is so popular: it’s a very mobile weapon, and this helps if you have to roam side points, looking for a fight to pick.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Replying to OP’s idea.
It’s a terrible way to fix it. 100Blades is not just a PvP skill. Your solution is limited and not very thought through. You’re not considering WvW and PVE when you’re saying 100b should be changed.
Personally I don’t think this warrior build needs a nerf but if it does what you suggested is not it.
100b is fine.
And please – sPVP players- stop trying to change skills to suit PvP with complete disregard to the rest of the game.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

" Granted yes there is stability, teleports, evade, ect" You also forgot to add invulnerability/protection/blind/block.

1-stability
2-block
3-evade
4-teleport
5-invulnerability
6-protection
7-blind
8-fear
9-stealth

That’s over a half dozen ways to counter it, yet you still think it needs a nerf. Interesting.

in Warrior

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

^ Keep playing glass if u like that style, hf dealing free rallies to enemy team. Many ppl still running gs+axe/shield so u can join em

I for one will stay in hybrid as i always been in every game.

Lol can’t because I am forced to use easy build that is OP in tpvp…..

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Nerf Sigil of Paralization instead?

Why do we have to Crowd Control someone to deal damage where every other class does not?

Obviously Skull Crack is powerful, but its ST. Most of the complaints of it come from Asura which have a different animation then all the other races. Where if I use it on my Sylvari for example, its very easy to see because it has a unique animation.

If I use it on an Asura, it looks exactly like an auto-attack swing.

Every class has to crowd control in order to do damage or in order for the damage to stick. For Necros it’s the Fear chain, for Engies it’s the knockbacks, for Thieves it’s that nasty BasV.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Why do we have to Crowd Control someone to deal damage where every other class does not?

Obviously Skull Crack is powerful, but its ST. Most of the complaints of it come from Asura which have a different animation then all the other races. Where if I use it on my Sylvari for example, its very easy to see because it has a unique animation.

Every class has to crowd control in order to do damage or in order for the damage to stick. For Necros it’s the Fear chain, for Engies it’s the knockbacks, for Thieves it’s that nasty BasV.

Yeah.. whatever what skills are those?

I don’t know any thief skill that has a huge windup+animation.

Necro attacks all look the same.

Engineer grenades all look the same.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

redslion.9675

To deal damage as an engi I never had to cc anyone.

As a warrior, without cc I have to be sure the enemy has a REALLY good reason to be in my reach, like staying on the point.

in Warrior

apt.9184

lol^ no commment

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

thanks titan, it needs to be said. its the most cheapass warrior build out there and needs a nerf bat right to the face so all the scrubs running it l2p and stop being carried by their 1 trick pony bullkitten. your suggestion sounds fine, but i think generally the mace stun needs to be lowered to 1, 1.5, 2 seconds. its simply too long, i dont mind buffing other mace skills at all btw (especially #3).

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

thanks titan, it needs to be said. its the most cheapass warrior build out there and needs a nerf bat right to the face so all the scrubs running it l2p and stop being carried by their 1 trick pony bullkitten. your suggestion sounds fine, but i think generally the mace stun needs to be lowered to 1, 1.5, 2 seconds. its simply too long, i dont mind buffing other mace skills at all btw (especially #3).

I want all our weapons fixed.

I hate the stun/Cheese no-skill build, however I DON’T want us pigeon holed into one build.

If its over-nerfed, then there is no reason to use mace anymore.

You have to nerf it in a way that mace is still viable.

Greatsword needs changed to give it back the power it had before, but the your stunned+win needs nerfed.

Mace needs changed so thakittens viable, but not completely destroyed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

I think a good possible solution:
1) Fix Sigil of Parlyzation (already on ANets list).
2) Mix Skull Crack up a bit, make it stun for 1/1.5/2, but to compensate have it apply something like 4/5/6 stacks of vulnerability. AKA, the general idea, nerf the stun duration, but give it something to compensate (not necessarily vulnerability, just an idea).

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

2) Mix Skull Crack up a bit, make it stun for 1/1.5/2, but to compensate have it apply something like 4/5/6 stacks of vulnerability. AKA, the general idea, nerf the stun duration, but give it something to compensate (not necessarily vulnerability, just an idea).

Mace inst OVERPOWERED. Get ur hands away from it. If u want a nerf i suggest to look in 100b.

in Warrior

apt.9184

Mace inst OVERPOWERED. Get ur hands away from it. If u want a nerf i suggest to look in 100b.

Lol.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Lol.

I see all you do is lol. mind just post something constructive or not post at all? because its hurting my eyes

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

I dont want to nerf mace, I want to nerf the stun on Mace Burst and give it something else, hopefully making the weapon just as powerful as it is now, but less cheesy

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I want.

Greatsword:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Greatsword-Revamp-Burst-HB/first#post2773050

Shield:
Combo Skills.

Hammer:
Staggering Blow Revamp.

Mace:
Less Cheese.

Axe:
Evasion on 2.
Block on 4.

in Warrior

Posted by: haxi.9038

haxi.9038

No. Gs is fine as it is.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

I’m running hammer/GS now and liking it. Scrapped mace/shield GS. I do think something needs to be done with GS though. I agree that 100B should just be scrapped and totally redesigned.

Something about it just feels like trash. Probably the inability to move while casting. Or maybe the cast time. I feel like a warrior should be doing damage in single swipes not standing in one spot for multiple seconds swinging away like a dumby. Sometimes I’ll press 2 then try to start moving and cancel it and my character will be stuck in place.

Feels very unpolished.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

apt is like a “hipsterwarrior”.
Zerk builds weren’t hard to play btw. They were fun and more reactive than other braindead burst builds, but not hard in any way. They just weren’t that effective compared to other professions.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

How about nothing.
I’m tired to re-learn my class. It reminds me of WoW.
Warriors are pretty much perfect right now, stop trying to overhaul a class every other day.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

……..

As a warrior, without cc I have to be sure the enemy has a REALLY good reason to be in my reach, like staying on the point.

“In order for damage to stick”

Think about it this way; in any fight, you don’t want your opponent healing or else he just resets the damage you just did. This is where CC comes into play. The reason a Necro fear chains is because he doesn’t want you healing or cleansing (or attacking him) and that’s the same reason an Engie would do it.

I actually fought a condi Warrior who built around combining CC chains with condi pressure. When it worked, it worked really well.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Warrior

redslion.9675

……..

“In order for damage to stick”

Think about it this way; in any fight, you don’t want your opponent healing or else he just resets the damage you just did. This is where CC comes into play. The reason a Necro fear chains is because he doesn’t want you healing or cleansing (or attacking him) and that’s the same reason an Engie would do it.

I actually fought a condi Warrior who built around combining CC chains with condi pressure. When it worked, it worked really well.

Well, yeah, I was talking about simply being in reach. But it’s also because if I play with cc weapons, I need cc to deal damage. And I still prefer not to chase the enemy around, so I’d rather engage in narrow points to negate teleports.

But I feel like I had an easier time with pistol engi about landing damage (rifle is a bit harder).

But if you talk about negating heals, that’s a problem for all players.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Friendly reminder to all suggestions about “Delete/remove/nerf to the ground/move to F1 skill pl0x”.
Every time when you suggest something for sPvP and don’t bother to see how it affects other aspects of game, Colin Johanson kills a quaggan. Please, think about poor cute quaggans.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

apt.9184

apt is like a “hipsterwarrior”.
Zerk builds weren’t hard to play btw. They were fun and more reactive than other braindead burst builds, but not hard in any way. They just weren’t that effective compared to other professions.

The concept is easy but reacting to burst is different story (thats what separated good from bad :P)

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

LoL. One trick pony. If the pony only has one trick, what’s the problem?. Sounds to me like a lot of people keep falling for the same trick over and over again. The only problem I’ve had with the stunlock pony was a player using the candy cane skin on the hammer. That made it difficult to see. If I see a mace or a hammer, I know what to expect. Range-blind-protection-block-evade-stunbreak have all pretty much ensured If i win, it was because I played smart, if I lose..then they mixed the timing up so they weren’t predictable and remained efficient. I still credit that to them as skillful. I serious believe once you’ve fallen victim to the stun chain 7-8 times you stop falling for it after that. Much the same as if you play enough mesmers, you soon learn to spot which one in the on screen mess is the actual player pretty quickly.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

lol^ no commment

Ok, I admit it: I forgot about jumpshot. And bombs (1v1). And toolkit. And flamethrower. And grenades in 1v1.XD

But I still enjoy dragging someone on a narrow corner and slicing him up with a big sword.XD

in Warrior

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

Hey guys,

Simply put Skullcrack>One Hundred Blades is too strong of a combo. Combined with Unsuspecting Foe, Fast Hands, and F1 Cooldown you can easily pull of this combo every 8 seconds against players. Granted yes there is stability, teleports, evade, ect; but the cooldown and easy access to this combo is why it is too strong. You can easily Pull this combo off faster than the enemies Stunbreaks/Stability re-charges(Except in the case of a very well played Mesmer with Staff or a S/x Thief).

My suggestion to nullify this build without breaking Warriors would be to change One Hundred Blades to the Greatsword’s F1 Ability. This would allow the combo to be pulled of via Adrenaline gain skills, but at a higher cost and on a longer cooldown.
Skullcrack would still be just as strong, players will simply have to learn better damage rotations rather than relying on two skills.

Just my two cents on how to fix it. Not going to go into details on what should happen to One Hundred Blades as a F1 or what it should be replaced with, that is A-net’s job.

Wow..a warrior asking for warriors to be nerfed? You guys deserve to be nerfed since you responded to his thread.

Thieves and Mesmers must be laughing their kitten off at you, titan.

In every community there is always one..that probably got destroyed by another warrior using that so he assumed it’s the build and not his lack of skill..

Oh boy, don’t know whether to take this seriously or just laugh.

For starters I’ve only ever lost consistently to 1 Mace/Shield warrior ever and that happens to be Defektive. Secondly Sword/Dagger Thieves and Sword/X-Staff Mesmers should be laughing at Mace/Shield warriors, they can directly counter them. But to say that because two classes with two weaponsets can hard counter a build while no one else is balanced is ridicule.

If you truly think I “lack skill” I’ll humbly call you out and ask you to prove you are “more skillful”.

I see I touched a nerve. Everyone gets rolled, no worries..just some more than others.

I’m sorry but you not being used to the spec and having your kitten handed out to you by another warrior since you is not a good reason to nerf build.

Why do you keep losing repeatedly to the same build? That just blows my mind. Here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stun_break

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

And here is the build editor:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Not every build is valid in spvp, btw. That’s the way of things.

I hate to say it but I think you are someone who thinks to highly of them selves. I saw you lose more than once to a bad thief in WvW on your feed. I would give you some credit and say it was the same build that you are losing with to mace warriors.

Both you and defektive were corrected by the community on basic warrior skills several times. The only reason people don’t bother pointing that out is because all the experienced warriors left or are playing other classes.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

(edited by gwfanboy.2496)

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Erm…ok

Anyway the only problem would be people waiting for you to start 100b before using their stun break, making it tricky for the combo to reset.

But then again the concept of stun breakers countering stun-based builds isn’t a bad one.

Why would they wait for your 100b, i don’t get it, they see you switch to gs, its obvious that you are going to use 100b or any other dps skill gs provide.

Because they would of spent adrenaline on that 100b.

And to XII, ‘raising the skill floor’ rotationally speaking isn’t necessarily the same as nerfing. It just makes the game more interesting/prevents you dying to idiots.

You’ve been dying to idiots playing thieves, mesmers and guardians and face roll eles. I don’t see how when some of our builds are effective you cry nerf.

The only explanation I see is you got owned by a warrior playing the spec. Sorry but I don’t buy the :‘I want there to be more skillz with a warriorz’ bull crap.

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

LoL. One trick pony. If the pony only has one trick, what’s the problem?. Sounds to me like a lot of people keep falling for the same trick over and over again. The only problem I’ve had with the stunlock pony was a player using the candy cane skin on the hammer. That made it difficult to see. If I see a mace or a hammer, I know what to expect. Range-blind-protection-block-evade-stunbreak have all pretty much ensured If i win, it was because I played smart, if I lose..then they mixed the timing up so they weren’t predictable and remained efficient. I still credit that to them as skillful. I serious believe once you’ve fallen victim to the stun chain 7-8 times you stop falling for it after that. Much the same as if you play enough mesmers, you soon learn to spot which one in the on screen mess is the actual player pretty quickly.

Yep QFT. Summed up nicely. I don’t see why we should nerv a valid builds because some people don’t learn from their mistakes and fall for the same thing over and over again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Erm…ok

Anyway the only problem would be people waiting for you to start 100b before using their stun break, making it tricky for the combo to reset.

But then again the concept of stun breakers countering stun-based builds isn’t a bad one.

Why would they wait for your 100b, i don’t get it, they see you switch to gs, its obvious that you are going to use 100b or any other dps skill gs provide.

Because they would of spent adrenaline on that 100b.

And to XII, ‘raising the skill floor’ rotationally speaking isn’t necessarily the same as nerfing. It just makes the game more interesting/prevents you dying to idiots.

You’ve been dying to idiots playing thieves, mesmers and guardians and face roll eles. I don’t see how when some of our builds are effective you cry nerf.

The only explanation I see is you got owned by a warrior playing the spec. Sorry but I don’t buy the :‘I want there to be more skillz with a warriorz’ bull crap.

I won’t be mean. And let’s not make this personal I’m just discussing class tweaks.

FYI I would never lose to these classes, with the exception of a certain d/p thief before the zerker stance buff. Unless you’re referring to pre nerf cantrip bunker eles. Those guys hurt.

Phaatonn, London UK

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

“some of our builds” lol. we are talking about a single build, mace into 100b and the guy you are quoting didnt even get that and is going on about hammer and stun chains and isnt even a warrior, probably never met the build either.. just wow. find a hobby instead of forum warrioring and leave the balance discussion to the people that actually care and try to be objective. XII you’ve been crying about warrior being bad and weak in half of your posts and now suddenly “some of our build are viable” when we call out one build for being OP (the build you are running, by any chance??).. just get real man.

also this is typically biased idiocy: “Wow..a warrior asking for warriors to be nerfed? You guys deserve to be nerfed since you responded to his thread.”

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

apt.9184

Our mace burst skill is pretty much an insta cast ppl have to guess when to dodge.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

apt.9184

lol^ no commment

Ok, I admit it: I forgot about jumpshot. And bombs (1v1). And toolkit. And flamethrower. And grenades in 1v1.XD

But I still enjoy dragging someone on a narrow corner and slicing him up with a big sword.XD

Engi in my opinion is pretty strong (the burn trait should be nerfed) but by no means is easy to play.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

What most people have been relating to is a 1v1 scenario. It is a very powerful build in 1v1 but not impossible to beat whatsoever. Too bad this game isn’t balanced around 1v1.

So I invite people to consider a 5v5 scenario.

Skull Crack hits one person, every 7.75 seconds or so, and you have to be in melee range. If the person doesn’t pop an invulnerability, teleport, stunbreak, stability, blind etc first, then you can proceed to do hundred blades. Which requires you to be a sitting duck for 2 and a half seconds pretty much to land most of your combo. Which means if you don’t have endure pain, stability, zerker stance, etc, you will be taking heavy damage. And what are the cooldowns on those.

Realistically, you won’t be spamming this combo in a teamfight, and heavily relies on your teammates to set you up well so you don’t get bursted down and make it easier for you to land skull crack.

I can understand why people might say it is OP in a 1v1 scenario, and I agree with the assessment that it doesn’t take very much skill. But you can say that for many builds in general, I don’t know why there is an influx of people singling out this build specifically. People don’t understand this build at all, all they see is "omg 3 second stun nerf 100 blade nerf" and as a result they are coming up with horrible suggestions on how to nerf this build failing to realize how it will effect other builds. They do definitely need to give other builds more limelight and viability.

Fixing the rounding of the sigil is definitely a start. Hundred blades is perfectly balanced. It does not need to be changed. It has it’s use in certain situations, it means death in others (it has its pros and cons). It does very bad damage to bunkers. Perhaps toning down unsuspecting foe a little bit would force warriors to make a bit more of a sacrifice. Perhaps make it have a clearer animation so people can see it and dodge accordingly would go a pretty long way, or maybe some sort of sound that isn’t too obvious before skull crack happens.

In my opinion, Anet needs to revisit the adrenaline mechanic, and simply give us more options on how to use adrenaline. That way we will see less of the Skull Crack spam. This build doesn’t necessarily need a nerf, although we all know that is going to happen, but just some minor tweaks.

If you are going to nerf this build, then you have to nerf a lot of the other cheese that is in this game. It is unfair to target this build specifically while other cheese builds get a free pass.

It just seems like people want warriors to go back to being free kills and completely out of the meta. Because Warriors being in the meta would be just too OP right?

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

Why isn’t this game balanced around 1v1? What class doesnt have a proper 1v1 build? In our 1v1 competition there are all classes represented. I’m so tired of this argument “its not balanced around 1v1”.. did Anet ever say that? Or is this just “common sense” around people who get owned in 1v1 a lot and go like wtf my class sucks at 1v1?

Make an argument if you think that and dont just state it, thats without any value. What class is facerolling all others in 1v1? What class has no chance in 1v1? Go ahead, state your facts..

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

This game isn’t balanced around 1v1.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Our mace burst skill is pretty much an insta cast ppl have to guess when to dodge.

So does ele burst, invisible backstab, invis mes turning ya into moa and so on..

U do realize that mace in real world are fast weapons right?
I keep wondering why everyone wants to nerg mace/signet yet no1 complains about hb..

So if we nerf mace back to 2sec (and killing it as hammer will be better automatically) ppl won’t be able to land hb making that build friendly to enemies and their mistakes decreasing the dps and leaving us with a crap called hb that has no real uses outside of rez pressure as in current state mace is just a band-fix like omno pies was to sustain just to make a single ability work like it should working without any cc.

Nerf healing signet? Ok.. So whats the point of using signet if automatically both surge and mending become better?

Touch a sh…..t and its gonna smell.

I will admit that mace/shield+gs has low skill cap and some changed are needed but not in mace or signet but a gs.

“Warriors are fast they keep running away if they want to” – what stuff does that? A mace or gs?

“Warriors dealing load of dmg while still being tanky” – I dindt know that mace hits like a truck with one skill standing like a noob for 3,5sec.

“Warriors have load of blocks” – counterblow is useless against ranged classes as 1 hit and done, but i actually see the shield as a mini invul and bc noobs tend to smash keyboard all they see is block block.

“Warriors healing like an eles pre nerf” – i think anyone saying that is new to the game. IF u can’t do at least 500dmg/sec they don’t complain that u went bunker way and can’t kill a sh………t

And for the end:

“Warriors using mace/shield has load of stuns” And all of them has 130 range olny, so what do u doing next to warrior shooting arrows in himor gods know what else, standing afk?

If someone looking to nerf that build he has to look in hb on 6cd that allows us to deal damage as outside of that combo war has no damage and for few seconds vulnerable to attacks once skull crack was used. I noticed that once i stun someone and they stunbreak they don’t fight back but starts to run away while my cd getting up to repeat the combo.

in Warrior

killahmayne.9518

Why isn’t this game balanced around 1v1? What class doesnt have a proper 1v1 build? In our 1v1 competition there are all classes represented. I’m so tired of this argument "its not balanced around 1v1".. did Anet ever say that? Or is this just "common sense" around people who get owned in 1v1 a lot and go like wtf my class sucks at 1v1?

Make an argument if you think that and dont just state it, thats without any value. What class is facerolling all others in 1v1? What class has no chance in 1v1? Go ahead, state your facts..

When people say this game isn’t balanced around 1v1, it means ANet takes into context group/team play, strategies and what each class brings to a party in a certain situation more so than anything else.

Just because Anet doesn’t balance around 1v1, it doesn’t mean that 1v1s themselves aren’t inherently balanced because inevitably changes that ANet make to classes in the context of group gameplay WILL affect 1v1s indirectly, although that really isn’t Anet’s objective and focus. 1v1s in fact are probably the most balanced thing about this game.

Oh, I don’t know, may be the fact that the game itself is called "Guild Wars 2" which would imply that there must be emphasis on group play, cooperation, group achievements. And the fact that the devs have stated over and over again that they don’t cater to people whining about "oh so and so build owned me please nerf Anet" and instead consider the implications of changing something about a class to WvW, PvE and sPvP settings, which if I am not mistaken, for the most part, involve group play to achieve the greatest success.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Go ahead and nerf our passive and healing skills, however make up for it by giving us what other classes have via traits. You know… stuff like all the other classes have!

Battle Frenzy (Arms or Defense.)
Heals per strike of adrenaline.
125 (0.045 Healing Power)

Evasive Bursts (Discipline.)
Burst skills Evade.
2 s (Evade all attacks.)

Shield Mastery (Defense.)
Gain +90 toughness while using a shield. Shield skills recharge 20% faster. Gain Protection for 3 seconds after using a shield skill.

Thick Skin (Defense.)
Reduces all damage taken by 5% by all sources. (Seriously, its worthless right now, or give us perma-vigor like other classes!)

Spiked Armor
Gain 5 seconds of retaliation and protection when struck by a critical hit. Cannot trigger more than once every 15 seconds.

Healing Surge (Healing Skill.)
Heal yourself and regain all adrenaline. Gain protection based on your current adrenaline level.
Heal: 8820 (1.50)?
Stage 0: Protection: 1 s
Stage 1: Protection: 2 s
Stage 2: Protection: 3 s
Stage 3: Protection: 4 s
Adrenaline: 30

You know what is hilarious? Most classes compare our HEALING Skills to simple traits and CLASS passives.. OMG! MY VIRTUE OF RESOLVE AND SIGNET OF THE WILD DOESN’T HEAL AS MUCH AS HEALING SIGNET MUST BE OP.

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

Why isn’t this game balanced around 1v1? What class doesnt have a proper 1v1 build? In our 1v1 competition there are all classes represented. I’m so tired of this argument “its not balanced around 1v1”.. did Anet ever say that? Or is this just “common sense” around people who get owned in 1v1 a lot and go like wtf my class sucks at 1v1?

When people say this game isn’t balanced around 1v1, it means ANet takes into context group/team play, strategies and what each class brings to a party in a certain situation more so than anything else.

Just because Anet doesn’t balance around 1v1, it doesn’t mean that 1v1s themselves aren’t inherently balanced because inevitably changes that ANet make to classes in the context of group gameplay WILL affect 1v1s indirectly, although that really isn’t Anet’s objective and focus. 1v1s in fact are probably the most balanced thing about this game.

Oh, I don’t know, may be the fact that the game itself is called “Guild Wars 2” which would imply that there must be emphasis on group play, cooperation, group achievements. And the fact that the devs have stated over and over again that they don’t cater to people whining about “oh so and so build owned me please nerf Anet” and instead consider the implications of changing something about a class to WvW, PvE and sPvP settings, which if I am not mistaken, for the most part, involve group play to achieve the greatest success.

you dont make an argument about any class being naturally stronger then others in 1v1 with a proper 1v1 build, you even say 1v1 is the most balanced thing in gw2? well wow i agree, but why all the other stuff you write? does it have anything to do with my request for facts about 1v1 being unbalanced? of course Anet should pay attention to both, group play and 1v1 strength.. one doesnt cancel the other out and shouldnt. if you look at high level GvG you can easily see it is not 1 class being stacked, and if you look at 1v1 you can also see its not 1 class dominating all others (of course the balance isnt totally fine yet, im not saying that, but its not totally broken either). mesmer and thief need MINOR adjustments for 1v1, but all in all its very balanced and i would pretty much bet on Anet’s point being they want all classes to be viable in 1v1, and they are. yes i dont have proof for that and i cant be kitten going through all of Anets statements to find some evidence, but anything else wouldnt make sense. if one class would be designed to roll everything in 1v1 that would be a joke..

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

killahmayne.9518

Oh, I don’t know, may be the fact that the game itself is called “Guild Wars 2” which would imply that there must be emphasis on group play, cooperation, group achievements. And the fact that the devs have stated over and over again that they don’t cater to people whining about “oh so and so build owned me please nerf Anet” and instead consider the implications of changing something about a class to WvW, PvE and sPvP settings, which if I am not mistaken, for the most part, involve group play to achieve the greatest success.

you dont make an argument about any class being naturally stronger then others in 1v1 with a proper 1v1 build, you even say 1v1 is the most balanced thing in gw2? well wow i agree, but why all the other stuff you write? does it have anything to do with my request for facts about 1v1 being unbalanced? of course Anet should pay attention to both, group play and 1v1 strength.. one doesnt cancel the other out and shouldnt. if you look at high level GvG you can easily see thakittens not 1 class being stacked, and if you look at 1v1 you can also see its not 1 class dominating all others (of course the balance isnt totally fine yet, im not saying that, but its not totally broken either). mesmer and thief need MINOR adjustments for 1v1, but all in all its very balanced and i would pretty much bet on Anet’s point being they want all classes to be viable in 1v1, and they are. yes i dont have proof for that and i cant be kitten going through all of Anets statements to find some evidence, but anything else wouldnt make sense. if one class would be designed to roll everything in 1v1 that would be a joke..

Because one class isn’t overwhelmingly stronger than any other class in 1v1 as a whole, there are strong builds for each class, some stronger than others. But my point is that it isn’t Anet’s focus to balance around 1v1. I just merely addressed your statement about why this game isn’t balanced around 1v1 and why people say it is so.

This game isn’t balanced around 1v1, the statement doesn’t mean that 1v1 strength isn’t ignored, because it is indirectly addressed when the devs make changes that affect group and team play and what each class brings to the table.

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

but why is the statement true? there is no evidence for it as in word from Anet or total imbalance in 1v1 and evidence from 1v1 actually suggests it isnt true. so excuse me if i discard that statement as false and as an excuse if used to justify some builds. 1v1 in Gw2 is BALANCED. “not balanced/designed around 1v1” is NOT TRUE untill proven otherwise by official statement from Anet.

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

Hammer > Greatsword.

That is all.

Hammer&GS> all

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

in Warrior

apt.9184

So does ele burst, invisible backstab, invis mes turning ya into moa and so on..

I keep wondering why everyone wants to nerg mace/signet yet no1 complains about hb..

So if we nerf mace back to 2sec (and killing it as hammer will be better automatically) ppl won’t be able to land hb making that build friendly to enemies and their mistakes decreasing the dps and leaving us with a crap called hb that has no real uses outside of rez pressure as in current state mace is just a band-fix like omno pies was to sustain just to make a single ability work like it should working without any cc.

Nerf healing signet? Ok.. So whats the point of using signet if automatically both surge and mending become better?

Touch a kitten and its gonna smell.

I will admit that mace/shield+gs has low skill cap and some changed are needed but not in mace or signet but a gs.

“Warriors are fast they keep running away if they want to” – what stuff does that? A mace or gs?

“Warriors dealing load of dmg while still being tanky” – I dindt know that mace hits like a truck with one skill standing like a noob for 3,5sec.

“Warriors have load of blocks” – counterblow is useless against ranged classes as 1 hit and done, but i actually see the shield as a mini invul and bc noobs tend to smash keyboard all they see is block block.

“Warriors healing like an eles pre nerf” – i think anyone saying that is new to the game. IF u can’t do at least 500dmg/sec they don’t complain that u went bunker way and can’t kill a kitten

And for the end:

“Warriors using mace/shield has load of stuns” And all of them has 130 range olny, so what do u doing next to warrior shooting arrows in himor gods know what else, standing afk?

If someone looking to nerf that build he has to look in hb on 6cd that allows us to deal damage as outside of that combo war has no damage and for few seconds vulnerable to attacks once skull crack was used. I noticed that once i stun someone and they stunbreak they don’t fight back but starts to run away while my cd getting up to repeat the combo.

lol mace needs nerf its so forgiving greatsword has counter able skills mace does not. Btw when ele switch’s to air thats when you need to start dodging or blocking. Mesmer moa is strong but if they don’t have clones up to shatter right away there is no point you can just run with 5. Invis back stab well right now there is not to much of counter to stealth but fast reaction time can save your self from it. And it really there is no counter if they jump you. But, playing the game more maybe even rolling a thief for a little will teach you how to counter them. In a 1v1 situation if they are using a perma stealth build get in there bp and wait or if there using caeds build they usually only hs once so count to 3 and dodge or block (depending on distance deduct seconds or millseconds). Btw also see people use hammer mace shield which is just as cheesy so you can’t say its gs that makes it OP. Buffs to zerk stance and healing signet are main reason to that since it gives such a huge amount of time to land your stuns. Its so kitten forgiving. Greatsword has not changed what so ever, but mace has and that’s why the main culprits are the 3 sec stun zerk stance and healing signet.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

“Warriors healing like an eles pre nerf” – i think anyone saying that is new to the game. IF u can’t do at least 500dmg/sec they don’t complain that u went bunker way and can’t kill a kitten

And for the end:

lol mace needs nerf its so forgiving greatsword has counter able skills mace does not. Btw when ele switch’s to air thats when you need to start dodging or blocking. Mesmer moa is strong but if they don’t have clones up to shatter right away there is no point you can just run with 5. Invis back stab well right now there is not to much of counter to stealth but fast reaction time can save your self from it. And it really there is no counter if they jump you. But, playing the game more maybe even rolling a thief for a little will teach you how to counter them. In a 1v1 situation if they are using a perma stealth build get in there bp and wait or if there using caeds build they usually only hs once so count to 3 and dodge or block (depending on distance deduct seconds or millseconds). Btw also see people use hammer mace shield which is just as cheesy so you can’t say its gs that makes it OP. Buffs to zerk stance and healing signet are main reason to that since it gives such a huge amount of time to land your stuns. Its so kitten forgiving. Greatsword has not changed what so ever, but mace has and that’s why the main culprits are the 3 sec stun zerk stance and healing signet.

The only thing making the warrior good. We need more stuff like this

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

And for the end:

I like long posts too.

On topic;
I don’t have a l2p issues nor a problem with thieves, but seems that actually u been beated pretty hard by that build u want to nerf so bad. But ill give ya a tip: run s/s+lb condi build and keep spams condi on them, once they come close and switch to mace, savage leap away and continue the dance circle facerolling keyboard until they die to torment or bleeds/burning from lb 5. Zerk stance? Thats just 8sec on 60cd a problem..

Hope i helped ya

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Btw also see people use hammer mace shield which is just as cheesy so you can’t say its gs that makes it OP.

Wait a minute…

I played Mace/hammer since April (not only that and not only warrior, but you get the idea).

Nobody complained about it. At most they said it sucked.

From my experience, gameplay with that build hasn’t changed much.

NOW it has become cheesy?

Or is it just the Signet and Berserker Stance?

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Btw also see people use hammer mace shield which is just as cheesy so you can’t say its gs that makes it OP.

Wait a minute…

I played Mace/hammer since April (not only that and not only warrior, but you get the idea).

Nobody complained about it. At most they said it sucked.

From my experience, gameplay with that build hasn’t changed much.

NOW it has become cheesy?

Or is it just the Signet and Berserker Stance?

I would wager it’s the combination of Healing Signet’s passive and the high uptime on Daze/Stun. Both of which were recently beefed.

Then again what the hell do I know, I dislike Mace/Shield and GS, latter outside of PvE.