Mace+ shield/ Gs- My thoughts

in Warrior

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

As a Warrior main I thought I would put in my two-cents about this new counter meta build.

It is over powered. Straight and Simple.

It offers mobility, High damage, Strong Defenses, and Strong condition removal.

While the counter is to carry a reliable stunbreaker and stability, the amount of times you can stun an enemy compared to the actual amount of times you can use stability and stunbreakers are unequal by far.

Does it need to be fixed? I think it needs minor changes to balance it out.

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

As a Warrior main I thought I would put in my two-cents about this new counter meta build.

While the counter is to carry a reliable stunbreaker and stability, the amount of times you can stun an enemy compared to the actual amount of times you can use stability and stunbreakers are unequal by far.

I have a hard time agreeing. Warriors are a force to be reckoned with now, they offer massive pressure, and they are scary, people cant smash buttons and expect to win anymore, this game is about ability management, if you’re coming out to wvw/spvp w/o more than 1 stunbreaker, I feel bad for you son.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I dont use this mace stun/HB thing as its very cheesy. But it was doable before just not like now with 4s of stun. People did it all the time before.

Also btw you are a bit late to complain on mace stuns. I mean what does mace even do besides stun? It has no dps burst/no good amount of dmg. Its slow and is ment to support your main weapon. You basicly give up a weapon slot to deal dmg and turn it into a stun/block thing to support your main weapon.

I actually wished mace was viable for dps but its just made for stuns and stuff.

in Warrior

Bacon Please.8407

I have a hard time agreeing. Warriors are a force to be reckoned with now, they offer massive pressure, and they are scary, people cant smash buttons and expect to win anymore, this game is about ability management, if you’re coming out to wvw/spvp w/o more than 1 stunbreaker, I feel bad for you son.

The post I made only pertains to sPvP and WvW. I personally Carry 2 stun breakers at all times. (Dolyak signet + Shake it off)

Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Bacon Please.8407

I dont use this mace stun/HB thing as its very cheesy. But it was doable before just not like now with 4s of stun. People did it all the time before.

Also btw you are a bit late to complain on mace stuns. I mean what does mace even do besides stun? It has no dps burst/no good amount of dmg. Its slow and is ment to support your main weapon. You basicly give up a weapon slot to deal dmg and turn it into a stun/block thing to support your main weapon.

I actually wished mace was viable for dps but its just made for stuns and stuff.

3-4k Damage from Skull cracker is pretty significant damage.

Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Bacon Please.8407

The post I made only pertains to sPvP and WvW. I personally Carry 2 stun breakers at all times. (Dolyak signet + Shake it off). Also Warriors have always been a force to be reckon with, the low skill cap of Mace+shield/ Gs just increased the amount of bad players running a very Strong build.

Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

So you are saying you’re just getting killed by bad players? KK

I seem to have no issue beating them and I am hammer, I lack the burst but, this build is insanely easy to read. L2P and try paying attention.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Bacon Please.8407

So you are saying you’re just getting killed by bad players? KK

I seem to have no issue beating them and I am hammer, I lack the burst but, this build is insanely easy to read. L2P and try paying attention.

I have never said I had been killed by this build. There is no L2P issue here. There is however, a balancing issue in dire need.

Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Go back on your necro

in Warrior

Bacon Please.8407

Go back on your necro

My necro? you mean the Class I have only used to farm Orr?

Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Another counter – you can kyte the warrior and not being hit once by his stuns (they are all obvious for the exception of skull crack but that burst skill has a 130 range). The warrior will only use his burst when they are with mace/shield so take special care on that situation and dont let the warrior land the burst. Berserker stance lasts 8 sec on a 60sec CD so you should not use criple, immo or chill when the warrior has that stance up, only before or after. After BS is off proced to kill the warrior as before.
There are many ways to counter that build and some classes already are doing that realy easely. Just wait to Berserker Stance is off and do has before.

Edit: Even in Berserker Stance you can CC the warrior. If the warrior has Stability, a necro, thief or a mesmer can strip their boons and then CC the warrior even if BS in on.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Hey! Have we dueled before? I’m a mace/shield + GS warrior on eBay and I’ve dueled a hammer + longbow warrior on FA on Saturday.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Another counter – you can kyte the warrior and not being hit once by his stuns (they are all obvious for the exception of skull crack but that burst skill has a 130 range). The warrior will only use his burst when they are with mace/shield so take special care on that situation and dont let the warrior land the burst. Berserker stance lasts 8 sec on a 60sec CD so you should not use criple, immo or chill when the warrior has that stance up, only before or after. After BS is off proced to kill the warrior as before.
There are many ways to counter that build and some classes already are doing that realy easely. Just wait to Berserker Stance is off and do has before.

Kite the warrior??? You mean the class with 100 CC immunity and highest mobility in the game? Whatever u smoking bro, give me some. I need it

in Warrior

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Go back on your necro

My necro? you mean the Class I have only used to farm Orr?

Then go back to lvl 1 and l2p , if you can’t dodge a 100b then its something wrong with you !

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

Kite the warrior??? You mean the class with 100 CC immunity and highest mobility in the game? Whatever u smoking bro, give me some. I need it

Highest mobility? When using GS (i supose you are talking about the Build that op is talking about) is usualy to escape or to go from a point to another point. Mace/shield (that is what that build uses to stun) dont offer almost any mobility so in battle you dont have to worry about the warrior mobility. Just see when he changes to mace/shield and kite the warrior.

I believe you were trying to say 100% CC immunity. If that was the case show me how a warrior can have that and still use that build.

If you cannot kite a warrior with that build then i dont know what to say to you.

Edit: has i said above, necro, mesmer and thief can strip boons.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in Warrior

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

From the other thread

How do you kite a Warrior (or any other class) with such a build layout? Exactly what was said; use Veggie Pizza, condition duration Runes/Sigils, and/or even trait into the line giving condition duration.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

op is totally right and both arguments (stability, stunbreakers and overall op versatility) are sound.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’ve tried the build, it’s fun and yeah quite overpowered against anything that doesn’t spam conditions constantly, but I still prefer my S/S and longbow condition build. I don’t really have a problem against the stun build on my cond spec. They typically bleed or burn to death before they can stun spam me to death. The stun build is only really a threat against you if you’re playing anything besides a condition spammer. They have to get close to you and they WILL eat all those conditions and drop. Yes, they have ways to stop the conditions, berserker’s stance, etc. but those have cooldowns while I can CONSTANTLY apply conditions. You just need to be able to live through those 8 seconds and try to cond spam them to death afterwards and don’t let them land their burst on you so cleansing ire won’t proc for them. .

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

“Hey man, if I don’t take +condi duration, your -condi duration is totally eating up my condi duration.”

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

What i find more funny is that warriors made that build to adapt to the condition meta. Still other classes refuse to adapt to warrior changes. Its better for them to nerf warriors instead of nerfing the food that make that build to much stronger than it is in reality.
And again that build can be countered.

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

What i find more funny is that warriors made that build to adapt to the condition meta. Still other classes refuse to adapt to warrior changes. Its better for them to nerf warriors instead of nerfing the food that make that build to much strong than it is in reality.

spvp has no foods and wvw will never be balanced around what 1v1 roamers are doing

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

What i find more funny is that warriors made that build to adapt to the condition meta. Still other classes refuse to adapt to warrior changes. Its better for them to nerf warriors instead of nerfing the food that make that build to much strong than it is in reality.

spvp has no foods and wvw will never be balanced around what 1v1 roamers are doing

Thats why i said “the food that make that build to much strong than it is in reality.” with reality i was refering to spvp/tpvp. In WvWvW that build is much better because of the food.
Nerf the food and it is all right.
Besides not only warrior can use that food, that trait and that runes in WvWvW.

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

Thats why i said “the food that make that build to much strong than it is in reality.” with reality i was refering to spvp/tpvp. In WvWvW that build is much better because of the food.

If you’re going to nerf -condi you have to nerf +condi too… they’re already built in as counters.

“Hey man, if I don’t take +condi duration, your -condi duration is totally eating up my condi duration.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

why did this need a new thread?

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Well its very good thing that the game dont depends on your ridiculous thoughts.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

I’ll withold judgement on this build till warriors start making it into the top tier tPvP team comps with this build. If they’re not there yet, that means the counters to it are still stronger and it’s not OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

I’ll withold judgement on this build till warriors start making it into the top tier tPvP team comps with this build. If they’re not there yet, that means the counters to it are still stronger and it’s not OP.

/wave

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Overpowered? No. Easy to play? Yeah. Effective against the majority of the people who has no clue on how to adapt? Yeah. Talking about sPvP, everyone knows Warriors are broken in WvW cause of the food buffs.

Much like S/D Thief except this one doesn’t have frames and is much more telegraphed.

(edited by Amir.1570)

in Warrior

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

/wave

Nice, how’s it playing out up there? Changing the meta? OP? I spend most of my time in WvW so am not fully tuned into the tPvP scene, but consider it the benchmark for all things PvP.

(edited by kurtosis.9526)

in Warrior

Posted by: mickers.2715

mickers.2715

If you’re going to nerf -condi you have to nerf +condi too… they’re already built in as counters.

this x 1 000,000

If you dont want to buy rare veggie pizza +40% condi duration to counter the Bowl of lemongrass poultry -40% condi duration just leave this thread.

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

/wave

Nice, how’s it playing out up there? Changing the meta? OP? I spend most of my time in WvW so am not fully tuned into the tPvP scene, but consider it the benchmark for all things PvP.

I could be wrong but I think that’s only because defektive has some1 that he runs with for boon strip and coordinates stripping stability.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

lol this guy plays a thief. Sounds like he got wiped on the floor by a warrior – you have to be bad to lose to the worst pvp class in the game when you play the cheapest one-.

You should see his thread representing warriors in the thief forums and saying that class isn’t cheap, lol.

What an embarrassment to KOS.

Here is his thread, lol:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Warriors-Perspective-on-Thief/first

Here is another threa:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-stacking-torment

in which he says:

Bacon Please.8407

I just checked it out. The guy is using those new Tormenting Runes. He just kited me down. Oh well. Back to playing thief

Just thought I’d paste it here before he deletes it.

Thanks for your perspective but I think you gotta know your class -either one- before sharing your opinions.

Yeah, im going to make a thread on the thief forums saying:

Hell people as a THIEF MAIN we are OP and we deserve a nerf.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Bacon Please.8407

lol this guy plays a thief. Sounds like he got wiped on the floor by a warrior – you have to be bad to lose to the worst pvp class in the game when you play the cheapest one-.

You should see his thread representing warriors in the thief forums and saying that class isn’t cheap, lol.

Here is his thread, lol:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Warriors-Perspective-on-Thief/first

Here is another threa:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-stacking-torment

in which he says:

Bacon Please.8407

I just checked it out. The guy is using those new Tormenting Runes. He just kited me down. Oh well. Back to playing thief

Thanks for your perspective but I think you gotta know your class -either one- before sharing your opinions.

If you would check my history more thoroughly you would clearly see that I main warrior. I don’t delete any of my posts. I got kited down from when the tormenting runes were first implemented and since then adapted. I main warrior with my thief as an off character.

Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: Saint.4732

Saint.4732

Honestly the mace-shield/GS build is completely over-rated as of lately (oddly only on these forums). Your depending on your mace adrenaline ability (utilizing 3 adrenaline bars for maximum potential) to use your GS ability that can only be used every 7 1/2 seconds and the stun can not only be broken with a stun breaker but can easily be dodged, or simply you can avoid the warrior using ranged based ability’s. This build is not nearly as powerful as people keep bragging. I have squashed this build on my Hammer/GS and my Hammer/Axe-Sword or axe-shield builds many times over. And 100B is also over-rated as its so darn avoidable, can only be used every 7 1/2 seconds, takes 3 1/2 seconds to complete and does as much damage as can be done with an axe. This build is so darn predictable, easily avoided, and has too much down time between bursts.

I can see this build however being a problem for players who don’t have stun breakers, don’t know how to dodge, and want to try and zerk the class down in “melee” while standing still instead of utilizing proper strat and skill rotation timing.

in Warrior

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

Sadly the thoughts and opinions of the OP don’t hold out, much.

Here are some ways to help you as a thief break out of stuns:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Strike

Zero cool down. No other class in the game has access to zero cool down WEAPON ability to bypass immobilize/stun.

Does it remove stun or immobilize? No..does it create a 1200 gap that by the time the warrior catches up to you, the stun/immob is gone/almost gone? Yes.

Utility slot stun breakers for thieves:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadowstep
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Return_
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Haste
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Signet
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roll_for_Initiative

The best reactive ability in the game to stuns:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hard_to_Catch

Condi removal every 3 seconds WHILE remaining undetected:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow's_Embrace

If you don’t slot any of those abilities then that is unfortunate for you. You will have to -like everyone else in the game- slot abilities that help you deal with stuns or conditions.

You can’t get away with being a glass cannon, using only damage abilities and expect to have your class carry you. Those days are over. Learn to adapt to the changing game mechanics. It is silly to expect the game to adapt to your play style.

When you keep getting stunned repeatedly I advise you to re-think your gameplay as no one should keep getting hit by the same ability repeatedly unless they are doing something wrong.

Judging from your previous posts, you play a thief and are not fully aware of the warrior skills. Playing a warrior in spvp might help you learn how to deal with one.

I advise everyone to check the previous posts by certain OPs before even bothering to reply.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

(edited by gwfanboy.2496)

in Warrior

Posted by: Yza.2437

Yza.2437

Here is his thread, lol:

Here is another threa:

in which he says:

Bacon Please.8407

If you would check my history more thoroughly you would clearly see that I main warrior. I don’t delete any of my posts. I got kited down from when the tormenting runes were first implemented and since then adapted. I main warrior with my thief as an off character.

If you mained a warrior..how come you didn’t know which warrior ability gives torment..?

Nice job on infarcting Xll post for informing the warrior community of your back ground.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

/wave

I could be wrong but I think that’s only because defektive has some1 that he runs with for boon strip and coordinates stripping stability.

Correct, we use teamwork to get ahead.

Just like how it’s sweet to run a Condi Mesmer + Epi Necro.

Teamwork makes the dreamwork.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Bacon Please.8407

Here is his thread, lol:

Here is another threa:

in which he says:

Bacon Please.8407

If you mained a warrior..how come you didn’t know which warrior ability gives torment..?

Nice job on infarcting Xll post for informing the warrior community of your back ground.

How did I infarct anyone? If someone got an infraction, they got it because they deserved it

Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

Here is his thread, lol:

Here is another threa:

in which he says:

Bacon Please.8407

How did I infarct anyone? If someone got an infraction, they got it because they deserved it

Kinda like saying bad players lose to good players? Which is what this thread shows us?

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

in Warrior

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

Lol I love how so many warriors defending this spec… Because of the buffs to warrior playing this spec is so easy to play I mean you have 8 sec condi immunity to pull of skull crack the 4 sec stun that has pretty much the animation of auto attack on mace and you have healing surge which heals you for a ton. I liked when warrior was hard to play… I mean this spec has no diminishing returns. You pretty much could miss a skull crack and not be punished (I am talking in team fight). This build needs a adjustment like maybe an animation change on the skull crack plus giving back the stun breaks they took away from other classes or maybe if you miss a skull crack you are left with 10 adrenaline and possibly reverting the max stun duration to 2.2 secs without paralyzation sigl. PS If you saw ESL both Made and Meta and Non Stop nonsense were using the cookie cutter mace shield warriors so they do exist in top level play. Skull crack warriors are just as good as s/d thiefs now at peeling and putting high pressure on enemy due to there stuns and defensive abilities making them hard to peel off unless they are way out of position.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

(edited by apt.9184)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bee.6239

Bee.6239

Hey! Have we dueled before? I’m a mace/shield + GS warrior on eBay and I’ve dueled a hammer + longbow warrior on FA on Saturday.

Hmm are u from [GH] OR [GF]? I play a support warrior for the most part but I switch 2 traits out and go LB/Hammer when roaming. I was fighting this build and I absolutely cannot counter it unless i get my own gs+mace/shield build out.

Any tips appreciated!

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Hmm are u from [GH] OR [GF]? I play a support warrior for the most part but I switch 2 traits out and go LB/Hammer when roaming. I was fighting this build and I absolutely cannot counter it unless i get my own gs+mace/shield build out.

Any tips appreciated!

Hey I’m in [CHAR]. I think we might have been duelling on centre island a while ago. I can offer some comments in general. I’m assuming you were the war I fought.

In general, when a warrior is on longbow, I try to dodge pin down as much as possible. Since long bow is quite weak defensively, I’ll usually switch to GS to move around a lot with whirlwind, blade trail and rush. This means that the longbow warrior has very little chance of hitting 3 and I also won’t stay in F1. It also removes the blind very fast. These are basically free hits for me.

When you switch to hammer you always start with earth shaker. This is extremely telegraphed! I think I’ve dodged every single earth shaker because it’s just too obvious. Also your immediately follow up with either 2 or 4, however since I dodged earth shaker I’m most likely out of each already. If I do get hit I have two stun breakers (1 with stability if nessecary). On my side, once I dodged the initial burst I’ll swap to the mace shield set. Overall the mace set is faster then hammer. especially shield bash. This means that I can put more effective pressure on as even the autoattacks are faster.

IMHO I’d say from a build perspective I would say you might have to give up longbow. It’s just not a great weapon for solo roaming. I’d run a great sword and basically stay in great sword and use the hammer when you see openings. Also I found running lyssa runes helps greatly against this set as you can consistently achieve 50+ % stability uptime.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: Bee.6239

Bee.6239

OH yup I’m positive that was you, there was also a [CHAR] engi I fought. This was a few days ago on centre isle I was pretty much the only FA dueling out a bunch of CD/EBAY.

As for GS/Hammer I’’ll give it a shot. Also I noticed you were running Lyssa runes every time you popped your elite, unfortunately I’m on Hoelbrak as part of my guilds support build haha.

Also I kinda felt my movements were too played out, you were reading me like a book the entire time. The problem was that you were just putting too much pressure on me that everytime I got to hammer I’d try to get you in a stunlock. However when I got to hammer it was pretty much done for me because I could no longer attempt to kite and you’d feint me out on my stun breakers.

Thanks for the tips!

(edited by Bee.6239)

in Warrior

Posted by: DuhGeneral.8940

DuhGeneral.8940

So what is your proposed nerf to the build and if its to lower the stun duration that would make no sense cause you would probably say to lower it to 2 secs which would put it on par with the hammer. The mace was made to be a strong 1v1 weapon and that’s where it is at with strong control and decent dmg