Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

MTV should award ya with title “Best Troll of 2013”

[Merged]Stun warrior meta

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Wut

It does not say you become invulnerable, “Take no damage from attacks. You are still susceptible to conditions and control effects”.

Attack damage is different than condition damage.

Why would it reduce damage from retaliation?

Not sure if trolling

Did you find a really old guide?

People say Endure Pain is Invulnerability, except Invulnerability blocks you from being hit by any attack entirely, this means no new conditions will be placed on you.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Yes and so what ?

Everyone knows it. What is your point?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Well that’s what other skills like berserker’s stance are for. Used in conjunction with endure pain, it’s pretty amazing. Keep in mind that unlike other classes that have invulnerables, you AREN’T locked out of your other skills when you use endure pain. That IMO, makes it superior to just a flat out invul, plus it also has a much lower cooldown than the invulns on other classes.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Not really, Evades and Blocks are also invuln skills, and they also get stuff built into them.

EP/BS both take up a utility slot and have long CDs compared to other classes skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

All warriors know this.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Warrior

Posted by: Ottohi.2871

Ottohi.2871

All warriors know this.

And there’s our problem and why I think he made this thread in the first place.

in Warrior

Nikkinella.8254

Not really, Evades and Blocks are also invuln skills, and they also get stuff built into them.

EP/BS both take up a utility slot and have long CDs compared to other classes skills.

And you’re comparing the class with the highest damage, HP and armor to classes with much lower base survivability. They have built in stuff because they NEED it. As much as I dislike thieves, I still see why they have all those evades and stuff. They have a low health pool and armor.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

well its strange but im 50% with Daecollo on this one xD.

really its just 4 seconds on 60s CD no big deal, it should prevent all kinds of damage in that 4s duration including conditions tick damage but it should not clear conditions or make you immune to new ones like berserkers stance .

in Warrior

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

And you’re comparing the class with the highest damage, HP and armor to classes with much lower base survivability. They have built in stuff because they NEED it. As much as I dislike thieves, I still see why they have all those evades and stuff. They have a low health pool and armor.

Because ANY class needs that many stealths and evades. Yup. Totally.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

highest damage? lol no
highest hp? lol necro or anything that can decently run dire
highest armor? that entirely depends on your toughness, armor class is a much smaller contribution (920, 1064, 1211 are base for light/med/heavy) and guardians are also a heavy class. ‘Armor’ also doesn’t account for protection at all

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

highest damage? lol no
highest armor? that entirely depends on your toughness, armor class is a much smaller contribution (920, 1064, 1211 are base for light/med/heavy) and guardians are also a heavy class. ‘Armor’ also doesn’t account for protection at all

Guardians out damage Warriors.
Necro’s have almost double our health.
Armor doesn’t matter as much as protection.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

highest damage? lol no

Guardians out damage Warriors.
Necro’s have almost double our health.
Armor doesn’t matter as much as protection.

… You quote me and repeat what I said?… o.O

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Thieves have never, ever, been weak to stuns. That’s something you have said right here right now for the first time ever.

Thieves have no stability, true, but they have the best stunbreakers in the game with the shortest cooldown and a lot of oh-kitten buttons, which completely removes the need of stability on Thieves.

Not denying that thieves have a lot of active defences in that regard. It’s more that a thief has to remain active and mobile to utilise them to their best advantage.

As it stands now thieves lean almost entirely on their use of their weapon skills and utilities for their survival while their passive defences do very little. So even a few seconds caught in a stun once their stun breaks have been baited out is more or less lethal.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Not denying that thieves have a lot of active defences in that regard. It’s more that a thief has to remain active and mobile to utilise them to their best advantage.

As it stands now thieves lean almost entirely on their use of their weapon skills and utilities for their survival while their passive defences do very little. So even a few seconds caught in a stun once their stun breaks have been baited out is more or less lethal.

Thief playstyle is all active, this isn’t new.

That said, there are very few occasions in which the thief is caught without any stunbreaker or oh-kitten button available and Warriors, considering the insane amount of stuns they have, have way more chances to force the enemy in that kind of situation.

in Warrior

Nikkinella.8254

Well I don’t know what you people are doing wrong that you think that, but I seriously doubt any guardian could outdamage me. And it usually takes a minimum of 5 people to drop me, that’s IF they can catch me. I can literally go AFK while someone beats on me, come back and still be alive. Most people usually give up trying to fight me without a bunch of other people with them to help them. my pindown does almost 20k in bleeds. Combustive shot ticks for almost 1k, I regen for almost 1500, and I can run away from just about anyone if I have to. So I don’t know what you people are complaining about. Maybe you just don’t know how to use warrior correctly. I bet the majority of you are using all zerker gear with the wrong traits and wondering why you’re dying.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Wut

It does not say you become invulnerable, “Take no damage from attacks. You are still susceptible to conditions and control effects”.

Attack damage is different than condition damage.

Why would it reduce damage from retaliation?

Not sure if trolling

Did you find a really old guide?

People say Endure Pain is Invulnerability, except Invulnerability blocks you from being hit by any attack entirely, this means no new conditions will be placed on you.

Why on earth would you listen to what people say when the tooltip clearly tells you what it does? :S

in Warrior

Posted by: Overlord.7394

Overlord.7394

I can’t even believe someone just said Warrior doesn’t have highest damage. I am awestruck that there are 2 people that said that… Dude, especially in a dungeon, if you have all warriors, you have 100% uptime on many stacks of might plus insane unbuffed damage to begin with.

My name is Remy. I’m a proud member of Lion Knights. Defender of Borlis Pass.
80s: Mesmer, Engineer, Guardian.
In progress: Warrior 52.

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Ive never seen any other class in game hit 89k with 1 skill

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

What? Seriously? necro is the only thing that has more hp than war. not “anything that can decently run dire”. im full dire on my ele and im at 19k. still below your base of NO vit. smh >_>

I am a teef
:)

in Warrior

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Warrior stunlock build and any necro build.

Most braindead classes in the game atm

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

They’re S-tier right now.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: kroven.4895

kroven.4895

Warrior and necro have the same level of hp.

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

Warrior is hard enough to kill already, I don’t think we need to make him any stronger.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

We said a little over a month ago when the changes went through that the Warrior Meta was going to be overpowered

What did Warriors a the time say “No one is using them in TPvP, therefor they’re not overpowered”

Now look.

Doesn’t take a genius to look at a Warrior and figure out they were given to much, just like Necro’s were as well.

If you think i’m joking, Someone in this thread post a video of them losing a 1v1.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Warrior

Nikkinella.8254

Bottomline is if you have any clue at all what you’re doing with warrior, you should NEVER die to anyone else unless it’s another warrior. The other professions simply don’t stand a chance against a semi competent warrior. It’s in a tier all of its own now. That’s why my guild is pretty much all warriors now. we gave up on the other classes. Anyone who still thinks warrior is bad, or needs any kind of buff is just stupid and doesn’t know how to use the class.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

B/c a lot of classes have a hard time with them.. just look at ele or mes. It literally takes 3 times the effort of a mes/ele to win against a warrior.. A half decent warrior can easily beat any half decent mes/ele.. hell even some of the top players probably. Really need to relook the traits and regen. 50% more damage while stun… will destroy mes/ele. maybe tone it down to 25% more dam.. regen needs to be toned down to.

If you plan on keepin it this way you need to give us better traits than what is probably coming in this next patch. If all ele is gettin is buff to conj weps…. i am seriously going to laugh. unless auto atk does like 5-7k a hit per every 2 sec then we got problems… ALL classes need to be brought up to Warriors lvl or warriors need to be toned down to the other classes lvl.

As i see it now there is not one match that does not go by where i see 2 warriors runnin cc… and they cc you together. Or there is like 4 warriors on one team and half of them are cc/hammer… crap is so old Anet.. It makes me want to just give up and go somewhere else like Xeph did. You do know other games are on the horizon… I love this game but the SPvP part is so beyond screwed atm.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

B/c a lot of classes have a hard time with them.. just look at ele or mes. It literally takes 3 times the effort of a mes/ele to win against a warrior.. A half decent warrior can easily beat any half decent mes/ele.. hell even some of the top players probably. Really need to relook the traits and regen. 50% more damage while stun… will destroy mes/ele. maybe tone it down to 25% more dam.. regen needs to be toned down to.

If you plan on keepin it this way you need to give us better traits than what is probably coming in this next patch. If all ele is gettin is buff to conj weps…. i am seriously going to laugh. unless auto atk does like 5-7k a hit per every 2 sec then we got problems… ALL classes need to be brought up to Warriors lvl or warriors need to be toned down to the other classes lvl.

As i see it now there is not one match that does not go by where i see 2 warriors runnin cc… and they cc you together. Or there is like 4 warriors on one team and half of them are cc/hammer… crap is so old Anet.. It makes me want to just give up and go somewhere else like Xeph did. You do know other games are on the horizon… I love this game but the SPvP part is so beyond screwed atm.

The last tournament had only 2 warriors on 2 teams, and they lost.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Team Que you don’t see much class stacking but in Solo Que its rather bad there everyone just class stacks, most of these cheese builds aren’t OP or in need of major change’s.

At least in Team Que you don’t need to worry so much as there is rarely more then 1 of the same class, and most team’s have counter’s or reasons for there comps. Unlike Solo Que that basically luck of the draw.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Of course your going to see a lot of the easiest class to play (Warrior.) in that mode. If they made Elementalist/Engineer easier to play, I bet you would see more of them.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m pretty sure Warrior is one of the few classes that ANet is actually happy with. I would expect them to use is as a model for other classes. While we only see a handful used currently, Warrior actually has waaaaaay more viable sills than most classes. That number will soon increase with the Shouts Buff.

Come up with lists of how you want weaker classes like Ele to be brought up, rather than trying to knock other classes down. Also, claiming Mesmers have trouble against Warriors? If it’s a CC Warrior is should be a joke for a Mesmer. Even if said Warrior has a longbow proper placement of your clones should allow you to win. A bleed stack Warrior could probably take a Mes out fairly easy but those builds are also really lacking as far as conditions go when compared to say a Necromancer.

I find it funny that players are calling Warrior easy to play when I see many, many that are just terrible. Constantly missing their important skills and mismanaging their utilities. I also keep seeing guys that use Vengeance then run away as if they’re an Ele.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Elementalist is a fine class, however I can’t play it because of how hard it is to dance in attunements, I just can’t play that way.

Elementalist has no viable 1-2 attunement specs.

I prefer warrior because its simple, easy to play and straight forward. However that makes it nerf-worthy? I try to ask for the same to Ele and get yelled at.

Your not gonna see Ele improvements until they make the class simpler.

in Warrior

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

My mesmer typically has little trouble against warriors. We have sufficient stun-breakers/teleports to effectively kite them. When I lose, I am confident it was because I was outplayed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

Alright ANet, warriors are strong now. You win. Can you at least do us a favor and make points decap when the enemy bunker warrior sits on point with 10 seconds of invulnerability? Like god forbid you nerf the sacred class of warrior but this is getting a bit out of hand.

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

when he loses the point with endure pain up, then he must also lose the point with zerker stance. They are only immune to on type of dmg

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in Warrior

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

with engineer you have the option to custom make your builds as simple or complex as you want, and still be viable.. class is only hard to play when compared to the “easy ones” since there is such a huge gap

Eles are fine.. they just happen to be weak on this meta, just because one class might seem complicated to you, doesnt mean it should be dumbed down, thats really selfish thinking..

warriors were just overbuffed in balance, they were given too much offensive/defensive at the same time, crazy regen + longer stuns on a heavy armor with the largest health pools that deals glass cannon dmg on tank spec… what could possibly go wrong ?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

So you should balance the game so hard to play classes are stronger then simple to play ones, so the top players can play an Alpha Class?.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Whereas, Invulnerability is both types.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

We have finally come full circle.

Gone are the days where the forums were literally 3 pages of tears about mesmers being too strong (read: people getting absolutely wrecked by phantasms) and cries that warriors are free kills. Now it is the time for warriors to string together the corpses of the defeated and sail along that river of lament.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Warrior

Wilco.1458

Alright, great, so it’s only invulnerability against 75% of damage. My question still stands, there’s very little reason that Endure Pain should hold a point.

in Warrior

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

So you should balance the game so hard to play classes are stronger then simple to play ones, so the top players can play an Alpha Class?.

Well its also a problem to have the harder to play classes require more effort just to have the same, or even lower output (eles) than the easier ones

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

Bottomline is if you have any clue at all what you’re doing with warrior, you should NEVER die to anyone else unless it’s another warrior. The other professions simply don’t stand a chance against a semi competent warrior. It’s in a tier all of its own now. That’s why my guild is pretty much all warriors now. we gave up on the other classes. Anyone who still thinks warrior is bad, or needs any kind of buff is just stupid and doesn’t know how to use the class.

Yea I know. Thank god the vast majority of warriors roaming around WvW suck. Or otherwise my thief wouldn’t be able to kill any of them.

Like your condi bunker war, I just can’t think of any way to kill it except for rolling a mace+shield/greatsword warrior. 1500HPS regen is serious business combined with your mobility. Even though my thief is specc’d entirely for anti-warrior right now I dunno if I could take one such warrior head on.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Warrior

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

Dude the risk vs reward ratio is totally skewed for example a warrior with regen can pretty much not risk much while one shoting someone and there is little counter to regen since when poison is applied they will pop burst skills over and over and keep doing so to get rid of condis.. But, yea easy to play builds that are effective need to be toned down because well the goal is to be a better player so yea I think they should incentivise people to actually rely on skilled play rather than ai clutter, regen, or massive condi pressure with little counter play since there skills have no travel time and utilities are unblockable and insta casts. If you or you’re team are more skilled than the others you should have the advantage regardless what spec you’re running (I mean that in sensible terms not like if you are running 5 thieves or something).

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Actually, Ele’s and Engy’s Elixer S and Mist Form still take condition damage. AND, unlike Warriors, can’t use any skills during this.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Actually, Ele’s and Engy’s Elixer S and Mist Form still take condition damage. AND, unlike Warriors, can’t use any skills during this.

Yes, but you can’t take anymore conditions.

I can’t dot you while your invulnerable or evading or blocking.

However if I see EP as a Necro, I can shove up 7 dots and not care about it, Unlike Evades/Blocks/Invulns.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Dude the risk vs reward ratio is totally skewed for example a warrior with regen can pretty much not risk much while one shoting someone and there is little counter to regen since when poison is applied they will pop burst skills over and over and keep doing so to get rid of condis.. But, yea easy to play builds that are effective need to be toned down because well the goal is to be a better player so yea I think they should incentivise people to actually rely on skilled play rather than ai clutter, regen, or massive condi pressure with little counter play since there skills have no travel time and utilities are unblockable and insta casts. If you or you’re team are more skilled than the others you should have the advantage regardless what spec you’re running (I mean that in sensible terms not like if you are running 5 thieves or something).

Poison IS the counter to regen.

in Warrior

Wilco.1458

Yes, but you can’t take anymore conditions.

I can’t dot you while your invulnerable or evading or blocking.

However if I see EP as a Necro, I can shove up 7 dots and not care about it, Unlike Evades/Blocks/Invulns.

Just because there’s a small counter for something that’s completely overpowered doesn’t make it not overpowered.

You’re basically making the argument: “I can beat something imbalanced by using something which is more imbalanced.” Same logic as “I should counter a warrior with another warrior.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

It is a mild counter- and less effective against signet warriors than others. To cause 33% less healing on a healing-signet warrior, I need to perma-poison. To cause 33% less healing on non-passive heals, I need to poison only around the time of the heal. Poison’s efficacy is only more noticeable on healing-signet warriors because their healing is so massive, and thus becomes a necessity.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

It is a mild counter- and less effective against signet warriors than others. To cause 33% less healing on a healing-signet warrior, I need to perma-poison. To cause 33% less healing on non-passive heals, I need to poison only around the time of the heal. Poison’s efficacy is only more noticeable on healing-signet warriors because their healing is so massive, and thus becomes a necessity.

No, all you need is burst damage. Poison and Burst Damage destroys it.
When they made weakness so amazing they pretty much destroyed a lot of burst damage specs.

When they bring power damage up you will notice a huge difference.