[Merged]Stun warrior meta

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Very little of these type of topics actually started on the warrior forums. Most of them are actually started on the ‘Structural PvP’ forum to have a non-biased viewpoint, but then Daecollo gets them moved over to warrior forum and here we are.

They are warrior topics?

Yes but this forum is biased. There is a reason these topics are made in sPvP or WvW and not here.

Well of course its biased?

So why move them here if you know it’s going to be biased?

Because I don’t want the SPVP forums filled with topics that are about Warrior, 1v1, GvG, WvWvW?

That hardly matters when sPvP is the one that decides the fate of all those above.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

So Daecollo is the guy behind the topic movement from sPvP to profession forum?
Now everything is clear!
That’s why only Thief and Warrior related topics get moved.

Thank you Excalibur, you opened my eyes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Best armor, most hp, best mobility, best cc, most stability, best selfhealing, best direct damage.

And people still defend this… Warriors are about to kill this game right now.
Mine is lvl 80 full asc/exo too but im realistic, this needs to be adressed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Iscariot.4876

Iscariot.4876

Very little of these type of topics actually started on the warrior forums. Most of them are actually started on the ‘Structural PvP’ forum to have a non-biased viewpoint, but then Daecollo gets them moved over to warrior forum and here we are.

They are warrior topics?

Yes but this forum is biased. There is a reason these topics are made in sPvP or WvW and not here.

Well of course its biased?

So why move them here if you know it’s going to be biased?

Because I don’t want the SPVP forums filled with topics that are about Warrior, 1v1, GvG, WvWvW?

That hardly matters when sPvP is the one that decides the fate of all those above.

So why don’t we talk about warriors impact on sPvP and stop derailing the balance discussion with 1v1 and WubWub examples and conversations.

And if you want to talk balance you should only be talking about high tier play. Since there is no real data for this outside 1 major tournament with 1 warrior who wasn’t even the stun warrior spec… Why are we having these screaming matches again????

Tournaments need to play for a few months to see what balances are needed, IF any.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

A sigil of para fix will tone down that build by ALOT. Also the fact that engi will get stability doesnt help us. On top of that they actually has a power build that counter cc builds pretty hard so theres no place for any mistake from the warrior if he want to win.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

So why don’t we talk about warriors impact on sPvP and stop derailing the balance discussion with 1v1 and WubWub examples and conversations.

And if you want to talk balance you should only be talking about high tier play. Since there is no real data for this outside 1 major tournament with 1 warrior who wasn’t even the stun warrior spec… Why are we having these screaming matches again????

Tournaments need to play for a few months to see what balances are needed, IF any.

Want some high tier opinion?

Symbolic, from Team Curse (ex Team Paradigm):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-Discussion/page/3#post2783991
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-Discussion/page/3#post2784880

Fuzion, from team USA and top 10 before inactivity
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-Discussion/page/3#post2783943

Also, have you watched the ESL opening cup? You can count on the fingers of one hand the teams which didn’t ran any warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-Discussion/page/3#post2783991
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-Discussion/page/3#post2784880

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-Discussion/page/3#post2783943

Also, have you watched the ESL opening cup? You can count on the fingers of one hand the teams which didn’t ran any warrior.

This is my personal opinion though I guess, maybe I’m wrong and as soon as a ‘meta switch’ occurs warriors will be trash.

Notice nobody in the top 100 are complaining about warriors right now. It’s because everyone knows that warriors have their counters. It’s OK for classes to have powerful tools as long as the class has solid counters, also.

Hi, I’m top 10 and warriors are op. << no reason? Ok.

……………………..

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

This is my personal opinion though I guess, maybe I’m wrong and as soon as a ‘meta switch’ occurs warriors will be trash.

He just covered his kitten just in case his opinion turned out to be wrong, which isn’t the case since Warriors are now a must-have in every competitive team. Want to ignore the rest of his post because of that sentence?

Hi, I’m top 10 and warriors are op. << no reason? Ok.
……………………..

The reason has been explained a lot of times in that topic already, there was no need to explain the same reasons again.
Want to tell him “L2P noob, warrior is fine”? I know you guys can’t wait to do so.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

all classes in this game are designed to have something they are good in and for this they have some weakness

guardian good bunker – low dmg
engineer good knockbacks – no stability
mesmer good tools – bad vs condis
thief good dmg escapes – squishi
……..
warrior before all this buffs best damage ingame but no stustain so he cant stay infight forever to bring this op damage constant on his target
warrior before was designed to go in and burst and go out – needed some slight adjustments here and their but was NEVER bad

NOW
they got buffed in everything
they can be best bunker ingame – even with berserker they live longer than a bunker guardian
they have invul utiliti + condi imun
they have tons stability
they can stunlock targets forever
they have with some weapons best mobility ingame
they have livereg higher than some classes can do damage

AND all this compared with their op damage they have since release

so seriously – whats the goal with this class?

it hardcounters atm rangerz, engineers, mesmer, necros and somehow ele

and on top – they even wanna buff this class more with next balancing patch

i dont get it

you don’t get it because you are one ignorant mf.

guardian/ best bunker/ can do good damage if specced
engi no stability but have amazing stun protection while disable you do close to no damage to it.
mesmer amazing damage, range damage, damage avoidance(for avoiding condition attack as well) and clones
thief amazing damage, spammable amazing damage, if you think that evade spam is squishy then i don’t know how you play it.

warrior damage can’t not compare to the two above, sucks at range, 130 range not spammable attacks, no AI aid, no teleport, no stealth, no invulnerability.

oh did i mention all the damage nerf in the past months? i guess you didn’t give a eff about those, did you.

you basically paid no attention to warrior and just assume that they buffed everything and your false statements show how ignorant you are

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in Warrior

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

Warrior/guardian era will start october 15 payback!.. GG thieves will be @ bottom of food chain!

in Warrior

Iscariot.4876

You have no arguments. Both your quotes were debunked with one being a random nonsensical comment and the other being a theory-crafting discussion that the player admits may be wrong and his opinion may change.

And counting warriors is an argument?? Seriously? Did you count teams with necro,thief,guardian,ranger?? How many teams were missing one of those classes in “the opener”.

Now tell me how many warriors were in the “FINAL”. Right… 1.

How about the Grand Final? 2… each team brought a warr.

What about PAX? Oh yeah …1.

How can you not be happy that warriors are now good enough to get a team spot on tournament teams? The only thing you can do is wait to see what happens, and maybe want Engies and Eles to get a little boost since they seemed underrepresented.

With the new patch Engies new group utility may bump them enough that they are a playstyle decision with other group fight classes.

(edited by Iscariot.4876)

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

You have no arguments. Both your quotes were debunked with one being a random nonsensical comment and the other being a theory-crafting discussion that the player admits may be wrong and his opinion may change.

And counting warriors is an argument?? Seriously? Did you count teams with necro,thief,guardian,ranger?? How many teams were missing one of those classes in “the opener”.

How can you not be happy that warriors are now good enough to get a team spot on tournament teams? The only thing you can do is wait to see what happens, and maybe want Engies and Eles to get a little boost since they seemed underrepresented.

With the new patch Engies new group utility may bump them enough that they are a playstyle decision with other group fight classes.

Understood.
No argument is valid if it is against warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Understood.
No argument is valid if it is against warriors.

do you even know what is an argument? its not “no argument is valid if it is against warriors.”. there’s literally no argument in your comment, like 0. go back to school and learn some philosophy, seriously.

even the guy you quoted said that it is only an OPINION and he might be wrong and warrior will become trash again when meta switch.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

excuse me but what ridiculous argument is this even having a whole meta countered by 2 builds of 1 class? does this sound like a good fix to the meta? conditions will get shaved and sigil of para will get fixed. so the devs are actually looking in the right direction.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Iscariot.4876

Warr doesn’t even counter the meta. Watch the tournaments and you will see that condi meta is still king. Just a single warrior spec can now compete for tournament spots. Longbow/hammer is the spec all the warriors in any finals matches ran, it isn’t even the stun cc spec.

For some reason certain player don’t want to see warriors in tournament teams.

In fact the game is probably in a really close state, the only class that wasn’t represented at all in any of the finals matches was Ele. Rather than shaving, they should just massage Eles and leave everyone else alone till we see all classes finding representation.

You never change multiple variables when you experiment, why should you do it while balancing?

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

do you even know what is an argument? its not “no argument is valid if it is against warriors.”. there’s literally no argument in your comment, like 0. go back to school and learn some philosophy, seriously.

even the guy you quoted said that it is only an OPINION and he might be wrong and warrior will become trash again when meta switch.

Yeah, amazing! We even went down to the “get back to school”! Did you even read my posts?
Do you have a degree in philosophy?

in Warrior

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Warrior/guardian era will start october 15 payback!.. GG thieves will be @ bottom of food chain!

They sorta are already. I dont think wars or guards are particularly overpowered, but thieves are falling behind. Other than a couple of people still complaining how thieves can instagib them, the shift in complaints has gone from “they kill me and I can’t fight back” to “when thieves can’t kill me they run away too well” (its been a subtle shift in tone). I think this is partially l2p when it comes to wars,but well see once the Oct 15th patch hits and the sigil of paralyzation is changed along with dependable stability added for engineers (longer than 1 second). This may keep the warriors in check with the ample amount of soft/hard cc engineers can bring.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Warrior

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

all classes in this game are designed to have something they are good in and for this they have some weakness

……..
warrior before all this buffs best damage ingame but no stustain so he cant stay infight forever to bring this op damage constant on his target
warrior before was designed to go in and burst and go out – needed some slight adjustments here and their but was NEVER bad

NOW
they can be best bunker ingame – even with berserker they live longer than a bunker guardian
they have tons stability

i dont get it

engi no stability but have amazing stun protection while disable you do close to no damage to it.
mesmer amazing damage, range damage, damage avoidance(for avoiding condition attack as well) and clones
thief amazing damage, spammable amazing damage, if you think that evade spam is squishy then i don’t know how you play it.

warrior damage can’t not compare to the two above, sucks at range, 130 range not spammable attacks, no AI aid, no teleport, no stealth, no invulnerability.

oh did i mention all the damage nerf in the past months? i guess you didn’t give a eff about those, did you.

you basically paid no attention to warrior and just assume that they buffed everything and your false statements show how ignorant you are

erm guardians have to choose between tanking anddps actually. they unker only this well, because they dont deal that much dmg.

a warrior doesnt need ai at all. u have massive c, massive dps, massive toughness, and oh dont forget your healing that is soooo well balanced

and u guys laugh at 3 people having a hard time to kill a warior? well in spvp maybe. in wvw this is out of control, but people like to defend their op builds. so if u think u are sooo balanced. jump on a mesmer, go fight in a zerg. go on an ele and go spvp, jump on your guardian and be sooo sucessful in wvw like u stated here.
how about hopping on a ranger in a zerg?
how about u try that great ai u want so badly. u can have mine from my mesmer and i take your cc or your heal!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

sorrow, bring your warr, I’ll poke you around a bit with my thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

……..

NOW
they have tons stability

i dont get it

erm guardians have to choose between tanking anddps actually. they unker only this well, because they dont deal that much dmg.

a warrior doesnt need ai at all. u have massive c, massive dps, massive toughness, and oh dont forget your healing that is soooo well balanced

and u guys laugh at 3 people having a hard time to kill a warior? well in spvp maybe. in wvw this is out of control, but people like to defend their op builds. so if u think u are sooo balanced. jump on a mesmer, go fight in a zerg. go on an ele and go spvp, jump on your guardian and be sooo sucessful in wvw like u stated here.
how about hopping on a ranger in a zerg?
how about u try that great ai u want so badly. u can have mine from my mesmer and i take your cc or your heal!

The tank warrior does not do massive DPS himself unless you count 1.5 k -2 k damage crits as massive damage. I think where people get this confused is that a lot of tanks build in ways to get -SOME- damage into their build to be useful. its also not terribly hard to kill a tank build warrior with regen… well you know, unless you’re solo roaming and expect to insta gib them.
Just more QQ clearly, you and your fear of the 30/30/30/30/30 builds

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Is this your last stand?
When you want, sir.

in Warrior

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

the amount and length of hardstuns the warrior have is completely, utterly and kittenedly broken -.-
hardstun have ALWAYS been an issue in EVERY game where it exist, and allowing this amount of hardstun on a Super tanking class with rediculess high dps while having this amount of stuns is completely broken…..

its beyound words and even on paper you can see how rediculess this becomes…. ever mead just 2 stun wars in spvp? they can literally stun you untill you are dead, 1 stun lands and you are perma stunned till dead no matter how tanky you are, and its around 1 stun every 2-3 seconds lasting longer then the break between the stuns…

in normal games you will only see Really hard cc on extremely Squicy classes (cough wtf dont the ele got stun chains like this bs?) this is made becouse the time you are out of the stuns have to be enough to kill the stunner else it becomes a rediculess gameplay for the enemy for Obvious reasons.

but this is anet kittens. which LOVE wars so no matter how op they become in every aspect they will keep buffing them and nerfing classes they dont like/play.. its rediculess

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Is this your last stand?
When you want, sir.

I think I’ll probably find some time after work to skirmish with you. Looking forward to playing against someone who knows what he is doing.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

I think I’ll probably find some time after work to skirmish with you. Looking forward to playing against someone who knows what he is doing.

I don’t know what I’m doing. As I’ve pointed out several times, I’ve picked warrior only recently, but I’m pretty sure I’m not going to lose this one.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Yeah, I remember those times. But, apparently, you can’t remember what happened after those complains.

- Frenzy was nerfed, in fact quickness was nerfed and its effect halved.
- Backstab combo was heavily nerfed. CnD damage was reduced, Mug damage doesn’t crit anymore

Nice try twisting around facts.

Here are the real facts, for a change:
- Frenzy wasn’t “nerfed” due to Bull→Frenzy+HB. The nerf was made in February, 7 months after the whole complaint about it, and it was a nerf to quickness across the board unrelated to bull+frenzy+HB.
- Backstab wasn’t nerfed at all. You’re twisting around words. CnD and Mug were nerfed because combined with BS they could 1shot people, but that was unrelated to backstab itself but to the excessive damage of CnD and Mug.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Basi venom->Mug(insta cast)->CnD(1/2 second cast)->backstab(1/4 second cast)->2 spam is still pretty silly if you catch somebody from behind. If they’re tanky enough for that you can even run d/p on your other set and powder->2 then 4 on some nearby rabbit instead. I don’t play my thief because that’s boring tho :\

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Nice try twisting around facts.

Here are the real facts, for a change:
- Frenzy wasn’t “nerfed” due to Bull->Frenzy+HB. The nerf was made in February, 7 months after the whole complaint about it, and it was a nerf to quickness across the board unrelated to bull+frenzy+HB.
- Backstab wasn’t nerfed at all. You’re twisting around words. CnD and Mug were nerfed because combined with BS they could 1shot people, but that was unrelated to backstab itself but to the excessive damage of CnD and Mug.

It’s not twisting facts.
– Quickness was nerfed for hundreds of reasons. That combo is one of those reasons and it was, in fact, hurt by the quickness nerf.
- What people complained about was not backstab itself, but the backstab combo (CnD+Mug+Backstab). They nerfed the backstab combo and nobody complained about that anymore.

in Warrior

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

As i already stated too many times; even experienced countless unjustified deaths by this stun meta, it need to be stopped.

Imagine thief stealth kill had perma-stun, think about how countless outcry and injustice would be heard everywhere; in the forums including ingame.

War is Supreme is Dps already, armed with Op greatsword, Op Rifle (long-range), Op hammer, OP mace, Op shiled (defense) and OP sword.

On top of that, they are Supreme in mobility; even atimes surpassing thief mobilities.

My point is, war has been blessed with great buffs; including more buffs in oct patch., why arm them with Perma-Stun on top of that?

War Perma-Stun is Thiefs Perma-Stealth have the same thing in common, they both have no counter whatsoever.

Evasion yes!

But no couter whatsoever.

My question is why are these 2 Supreme Op classes are continiously given Un-counterable abilities and weapons skills?

Thief and War meta are beyond in-balanced, they are destroying the core valaue mechanics of fair play among the classes and in the game.

As someone had stated yesterday, the dreams and visions for these 2 classes are to get them more stronger and un-counterable while weakning the less capable class weakers.

Don’t get me wrong, i always like the war class even though i don’t play one, but they are ‘getting out of hand’ in all area; as i already mentioned.

I Encourage Arena.net to restrain of playing Favorites and to focus and to revert to the fun factors that gw2 started started out with.

That’s all i have to say.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in Warrior

Posted by: JKwervo.7852

JKwervo.7852

Lol no counter? Learn to Kite.

I’ve recently switched to Longbow/Hammer. Why? I couldn’t stand being kited on a Hammer/Mace+Shield

Heck, I might switch to the Dual Swords/Longbow Warrior. Why? Stunning is telegraphable. Meaning, you can see it, dodge it, kite. A Warrior can die if you focus on them. They’re not OP as most people seem to think they are. They’re finally well balanced.

Also lol@perma-stealth thieves being un counterable.

On my Mesmer, I can wreck Perma Stealth thieves as well as StunLOL Warriors. And I play a Warrior, just like I mentioned above.

Rock-Paper-Scissor.

in Warrior

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

Look! A tanky shout-heal warrior doing the same thing a tanky self-healing guardian can do, with no damage. Stop the presses XD

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Look! A tanky shout-heal warrior doing the same thing a tanky self-healing guardian can do, with no damage. Stop the presses XD

That’s the point. Warriors doesn’t deal “no damage” when they are built to be tanky, neither stun you around like puppets.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

So you are saying greatsword/lonbow is not OP?

(Not a rhetorical question, I’m asking because it’s one of the set ups I love)

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

Stun warrior isn’t the new meta. Stun warrior is the counter to the old necro/ranger condition meta, which starts a transition into whatever the new meta is going to be.

I’m thinking bunkers/extreme defensive builds is the new meta. Not like, just part of a team, but the defining aspect of them. A CC warrior isn’t really going to pop a proper bunker, and with less conditions floating around guardians, engineers, and elementalists should settle right back in. Also, seeing more bunker warriors in PvP too. Became one myself, moved from condition to bunker.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

War is Supreme is Dps already, armed with Op greatsword, Op Rifle (long-range), Op hammer, OP mace, Op shiled (defense) and OP sword.

Going to stop you right there …

Op Rifle

Pretty sure that kind of invalidates your entire … well let’s just call it an “arguement” and humour you.

On top of that what inflates a Warrior’s personal dps in small engagements is their easy access to personal offensive boons. When other people have access to exactly the same level of offensive boons you’ll see the Warrior sitting around the middle of the pack.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

I’m pretty sure it’s all the bad players that complain about these stun warriors. We dueled good warriors using different stun setups and it wasn’t a big deal.

Both my mesmer buddies would kill them repeatedly in a 1v1. Does that make mesmers more OP that this “stun meta?” My non-stun warrior would take them down. Thief using doom sigils and poison on steal would demolish the warrior’s regen.

In a group fight two of us would focus these warriors and since they’re using healing signet they couldn’t outheal our burst and they died shortly after every single time. These warriors aren’t strong in a group fight compared to what they are supposed to counter (condition necro/engi meta). Necros can walk in and dump all this crap, have two life bars and an annoyingly long elite which is crazy against melee, buying them more time to heal and use their multiple health bars.

Necros > Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: JKwervo.7852

JKwervo.7852

I’m pretty sure it’s all the bad players that complain about these stun warriors. We dueled good warriors using different stun setups and it wasn’t a big deal.

Both my mesmer buddies would kill them repeatedly in a 1v1. Does that make mesmers more OP that this “stun meta?” My non-stun warrior would take them down. Thief using doom sigils and poison on steal would demolish the warrior’s regen.

In a group fight two of us would focus these warriors and since they’re using healing signet they couldn’t outheal our burst and they died shortly after every single time. These warriors aren’t strong in a group fight compared to what they are supposed to counter (condition necro/engi meta). Necros can walk in and dump all this crap, have two life bars and an annoyingly long elite which is crazy against melee, buying them more time to heal and use their multiple health bars.

Necros > Warriors.

Ya4rel.

I would like to point this video out on how to handle a Warrior:

Here’s the counter to the supposed stun meta. Interrupts. The counter to the condition meta? Stuns. It’s all about counters and people should QQ less and play more and learn. Adaptation.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

That’s because mesmers completely counter the current warrior stun builds.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: NYRKKIPAULA.8051

NYRKKIPAULA.8051

Also notice he is running a condition mesmer with perplexity which is godmode 1v1.

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Perplexity is broke, so what you’re saying is it takes broken runes to defeat a meta stun war.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Chaosbroker.3860

No, mobility and a ranged weapon will do that for you …

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

They sorta are already. I dont think wars or guards are particularly overpowered, but thieves are falling behind. Other than a couple of people still complaining how thieves can instagib them, the shift in complaints has gone from “they kill me and I can’t fight back” to “when thieves can’t kill me they run away too well” (its been a subtle shift in tone). I think this is partially l2p when it comes to wars,but well see once the Oct 15th patch hits and the sigil of paralyzation is changed along with dependable stability added for engineers (longer than 1 second). This may keep the warriors in check with the ample amount of soft/hard cc engineers can bring.

you’re right bro actually. Good thieves are OP vs scrubs or average players/ignorant about thief skills (no idea how to counter thieves) . . . but against high tier tpvp non ignorant players (r40+ ish to r60 pvpers) thieves will be @ bottom of food chain.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

No, mobility and a ranged weapon will do that for you …

Mobility will just annoy the Warrior. Most the time, a Warrior can just ignore a Thief jumping around with shortbow.

In an 1vs1 situation, probably in 2+ minutes, a decent thief with SB will take down the Warrior but, sadly, it is completely useless in a sPvP environment because an engagement that lasts over 30s without getting a result in terms of capping/decapping is a waste of time and manforce, and once you’re fighting with mobility, you’re not capping, neither decapping.

That makes Warriors extremely good close point bunkers AND nodefighters because of the AoE stun on 8s cooldown, dealing incredibly high damage with insane survivability.

It is so obvious how broken the Warrior is right now…

And no, don’t tell me that it is possible to take down a Warrior with any other thief weapon set in sPvP (so no 108% crit damage kitten) because it is a lie. You won’t succeed even to take him down to 50% HP.

I have proven that to Psybunny, he can confirm (we have to repeat the duel eventually because he had broken endurance bar) that downing a Warrior without kiting with a SB is extremely hard and even when doing so, you won’t succed in less than 30s-1m.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

Chaosbroker.3860

Perplexity is broke, so what you’re saying is it takes broken runes to defeat a meta stun war.

I was more responding to this.

But yes from a purely sPvP standpoint a thief isn’t going to do much against a heavy stun warrior. Thieves have always been weak to stuns, that’s nothing new. This is more a case of Thieves not having the options to deal with it than the warrior itself being OP. Which is an issue that will hopefully get addressed once they start adding these new traits and class skills.

It’s at this point you disengage and go find an objective that’s more suited to you, rather than getting into a pointless kitten ing match with a setup which is sadly a hard counter to an entire class atm.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Best armor, most hp, best mobility, best cc, most stability, best selfhealing, best direct damage.

Best armour?..armour is not as important as toughness.
Most Hp?..sure, if you spec that way. necro’s can have equally as much
best mobility? Air ele has best mobility.
best CC? Necro still has best CC
Most stability? Guardian has superior stability.
best self healing? Guardian has best self heals. Greater healing power and lower HP pool to refill.
best direct damage? Thief has best direct damage across all build types.

That awkward moment when every thing you said was wrong.

in Warrior

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

best self healing? Guardian has best self heals. Greater healing power and lower HP pool to refill.

See that way:
Armor: You can build a LOT of armor because you have a lot of free vitality and high base damage on your skills.
HP: Yes, you have the high tier HP.
Mobility: Is great, only an ele can chase a warrior.
CC: You have a LOT of CC, A LOT. Mace/shield + hammer and 3 physical utilities and you have a CC fest.
Stability: No, warrior have more stability than guardians, a lot more, but for himself, guardian have AEO stability, not to mention that inmunity to immobilize by traits.
Self healing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VSMD3rmL2k
Damage: Warrior have a LOT of damage without lose tanky. Thats tanky regen cnodition range warrior witn LB…. omg.

Lets suppose warrior is not tier 1 in any aspect (what is not true) ok, but is tier 2 in ALL OF THEM! Warriors right now is “all in one” profession, only need clones and stealth.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

I was more responding to this.

But yes from a purely sPvP standpoint a thief isn’t going to do much against a heavy stun warrior. Thieves have always been weak to stuns, that’s nothing new. This is more a case of Thieves not having the options to deal with it than the warrior itself being OP. Which is an issue that will hopefully get addressed once they start adding these new traits and class skills.

It’s at this point you disengage and go find an objective that’s more suited to you, rather than getting into a pointless kitten ing match with a setup which is sadly a hard counter to an entire class atm.

Thieves have never, ever, been weak to stuns. That’s something you have said right here right now for the first time ever.

Thieves have no stability, true, but they have the best stunbreakers in the game with the shortest cooldown and a lot of oh-kitten buttons, which completely removes the need of stability on Thieves.

It’s not that you guys are justifying the warrior opness saying “well, warrior hard-counters profession X, it isn’t strange that profession X can’t win to a warrior”. NOPE.
That has been said about Necromancers, Mesmers and now Thieves. That argument lost its validity a lot of time ago.

• Toughness = Armor
  • Necro can have as much HP, true, but without the same base armor
  • Air ele had best mobility about 7 months ago
  • Necro best CC? LOL Even if you sum all of the necro’s CC it doesn’t even match half of the Warrior’s CC potential.
  • Balanced stance = 1/4 stability uptime. Add Dolyak signet and Last Stand and you have the best stability uptime.
  • Guardian has not better healing power by default. Healing Signet alone is a better self heal of every guardian regen.
  • Thieves has not best direct damage. Warrior’s damage is fire superior on most weapon sets, damage amplifiers are even better on warriors.

EDIT:
Also, what urieldhynne.2743 said.

in Warrior

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

CntrlAltDefeat: Air ele has mediocre mobility. Slower than warrior, ranger, thief, engy w/ rocket boots. Faster than guardian, necro, mesmer. Not sure why you think a 40s lightning flash (900 range) and a 40s RtL (1.2k) range puts you above the warrior’s 20s GS rush (1.2k range) + 10s GS whirlwind (450 range). In 40 seconds, the warrior covers more than twice the distance. The two are not even close.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

EP Is not Invulnerability, it does not prevent conditions from being applied to you. All it does is make all physical direct damage = 0.

Scepter auto-attack for example will still apply bleeds/poison, unlike True Invulnerability, which will block everything.

It also does not reduce the damage of retaliation.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: kroven.4895

kroven.4895

Wut

It does not say you become invulnerable, “Take no damage from attacks. You are still susceptible to conditions and control effects”.

Attack damage is different than condition damage.

Why would it reduce damage from retaliation?

Not sure if trolling

Did you find a really old guide?

(edited by kroven.4895)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Welcome to a thread that should be dated 2012

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx