Post Your Build Thread

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Rune.3478

Rune.3478

OK this is my take on a PvE solo S/S bleed build for levelling and farming. I haven’t seen something similar before, and I’d like to hear some feedback if possible, please.
Secondary weapon will be Sword/warhorn for more mobility between quests, or longbow.
The build (2 different calculators, so take whatever works for you)
http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mMRkmkV9MoGRkmoGRnmax9MxVcRqVkb
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/warrior#2|2|60|3903|65|4198|246|10|836|0|0|30|1525|1523|2413|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|30|1109|1059|1105|0|0|2|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

The idea of this build is high crit and thus as much bleed as possible.
Standard combat would be:
4 (throw sword). 2 (jump charge), 4 pull out sword. Then just go with 1 until adrenaline is at 3/3 and use Flurry. So much bleeds.
If not dead yet, change to sword/warhorn or longbow to gain Adrenaline and Might. And change back to sword/sword when possible.

Thoughts on the traits:
10 Strength to get berserker’s power. Since I will have some adrenaline most of the time (especially since it never goes completely away because of Adrenal reserves) this seems justifiable. However, since I will be using flurry often (and thus reducing adrenaline), one could disagree.

30 Arms:
10: Deep cuts gives 50% longer bleed. But for standard mobs this might not be necessary, as they will die quickly. So Furious speed for Swiftness, or Rendering Strikes for Vulnerability might be better.
20: No-brainer here.
30: We will be getting plenty of crits and with Furious we will be getting adrenaline faster for even more bleeds

30 Discipline:
10: Heightened Focus. As above this can be justified, but Thrill of the Kill for more Adrenaline, Warrior Sprint for more movement, or Signet mastery for faster signet use are also viable.
20: I have chosen Sweet Revenge as it makes our Revenge ability actually useful. If you are a total kitten and never go down, you can go with either of the 3 alternatives from 10 above.
30: Adrenal reserves: Means you will still have some Adrenaline in reserve for Heightened Focus and berserker’s power. And you will quickly built up for another Flurry.

Skills were a bit tricky for me.
I took Healing signet because I like the regeneration, but Mending for curing conditions or healing surge for more adrenaline isn’t bad either.
Signet of Stamina for removal of all conditions. Sould also have been Shake it Off for removing only one condition but more often.
For great Justice gives us the extra crit we like for bleeeeeeds.
Battle Roar also gives extra crit. Alternatively you can take Endure pain if you die too much or is not a Charr. (Also Battle Roar is kinda weak, so you might just not like it all even though it adds our needed crit).

For gear Precision and everything critty is nice, and of course bonuses to condition damage. As always you can’t ignore Toughness and Vitality either.
As I said all feedback is a appreciated.

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: mickhoran.5248

mickhoran.5248

I just put together a new WvW and light dungeon-running build:

http://urlm.in/pbvv

Gear:

Axe + warhorn / Rifle

Knights armor + weapons
Superior runes of the soldier
Ruby Berserker trinkets
Your choice on Sigils (I need to test more)

This is a skirmishing build and would not be as effective for keep defending. Although you could still pump out some serious single-target dmg.

In a 1v1 situation you should do very well AND have the ability to get a nice crit on a fleeing Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist.

In dungeons I recommend using the rifle to DPS and the warhorn to support your allies.

how do you spend your trait points with this build?

Cheers

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Beefcake.9032

Beefcake.9032

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/warrior#14|0|11|65|188|227|246|10|836|0|0|30|1525|1975|1519|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|30|1109|1545|1120|2|15|2|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

I’m currently running a glass-cannon rifle-killshot build (sword + warhorn for mobility) for WvW.

Still working on getting my Rampager’s Exotics from AC though once I’ve completed that set I’ll consider moving to Valkyrie or Berserker’s instead and respeccing for more power (aiming for 50% crit).

Currently using Runes of Superior Strength for more Power and +Dmg on Might because I always have Might up.

Wrainbash, Asura Warrior of Kodasch Allianz [KoA]
Du spielst auf Kodasch? Besuche doch mal die Kodasch Community Webseite! :)

(edited by Beefcake.9032)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

OK this is my take on a PvE solo S/S bleed build for levelling and farming. I haven’t seen something similar before, and I’d like to hear some feedback if possible, please.

I roll S/S too, actually. I’ll throw my build below, and explain my choices.
http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcRkmo0MzmFnaMmFnam0xG0GcRbMRck8khA7khG7khA707khA70z7kId70z7kNl7kId70M

(Note that using guildhead, I’m not able to show all of my proper accessory choices. For reference, those are based around survivability (toughness, vitality) and some extra condition damage.)

TRAITS

Arms – 30 points. Here’s why:

Trait III (Deep Cuts) – It’s fairly straightforward as to why you should take this with a bleed build. It extends the length of all bleeds by 50%.

Trait VIII (Blademaster) – I take this for the little bit of extra boost in damage. With the rest of the build being so bleed-heavy, the swings don’t come out really strong. I use this for the extra crit chance, to try and increase it a little more.

Trait XII (Last Chance) – An amazing trait to take. Last Chance grants quickness when you strike a target below 25% of their health. This is extremely useful for keeping a constant, high stack of bleeds. Couple this with Frenzy, and it’s very, very easy to hit 25 stacks, or maintain 15-20+.

Defense – 20 points. Here’s why:
The extra 200 toughness that 20 points in the Defense line grants is awesome for a well rounded build. Seeing as this one is based around conditions, you want to actually be able to stay alive while you stack your bleeds. So being able to take a hit without exploding is necessary.

Trait IV (Vigorous Return) – Helps a lot in dungeons. Too often will people go down, get revived, and immediately go down again because they rally with a low amount of health. This helps with that a bit, increasing the health you rally with.

15 Point Minor Trait (Adrenal Health) – Maintaining a bit of adrenaline when you have this trait is amazing for staying alive. If you get too low in a fight, you can back off for a few while this trait kicks in. Depending on your level of adrenaline, you gain more regeneration (Full adrenaline at 80 seems to be about 360 health per 3s)

Trait VIII (Last Stand) – A CC counter. Last Stand activated Balanced Stance when you get hit with hard-CC (Daze, stun, launch, knockback, knockdown)

Continues in next post

Attachments:

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

Discipline – 20 points. Here’s why:
20 points in the Discipline line gives extra critical damage (Once again, trying to round the build out a bit, so sword swings/rifle shots can do a bit more direct damage) as well as extra burst, which is a great thing to add to Flurry (S/S Burst) so you get some damage in your swings, as well as the bleeds it stacks.

Trait III (Warrior’s Sprint) – S/S is a mobile weapon set. Adding to that a bit, when you have your swords out, you move faster. That’s always helpful. Granted, it isn’t as much of a boost as what some classes get, but it’s something.

Minor Trait (Fast Hands) – Simply reduces the cooldown on weapon-swapping by 5 seconds.

Trait VII (Sweet Revenge) – Oh, here we are. One of the best traits in my opinion. Nothing sucks more than dying to an enemy with very little health, because you couldn’t put out enough damage in downed state to finish them off and rally. This makes Vengeance have a 100% chance to rally you if you kill an enemy while using it. It says enough about itself to explain why it’s awesome.

UTILITIES

For my heal, I use Mending. This is because of the decent heal, and the condition removal that comes with using it.

Utility 1 (7 key) – Frenzy. This is to help with keeping a consistently high bleed stack, as it doubles the speed of all your abilities, and S/S has bleeds on 3 out of 5.

Utility 2 (8 key) – Endure Pain. I use this in tough situations, where it can be used to avoid a large amount of damage (Eg. SPvP – Pop this as a GS warrior blows off HB. That’s a lot of damage avoided right there.) It can also be used to directly counter Frenzy’s debuff, which causes you to take 50% more direct damage (Physical hits. Not conditions)

Utility 3 (9 key) – “Shake it Off!”. Condition and CC removal. Very good for breaking a stun, or wiping a large stack of bleeds, etc. Anything that prevents you from being up and moving around is what you use this for.

Elite – I swap between two different abilities for my elite. These two are Battle Standard and Mistfire Wolf (You can replace this with any racial elite, or just one that you like in general) Reasoning as to why:

Battle Standard – I use this mainly in dungeons. It revives downed allies, along side giving some decent buffs. Helpful for getting people up when you otherwise wouldn’t be able to.

Mistfire Wolf – I use this when I’m soloing, be it exploring or farming, what have you. I use it for the extra, direct damage that it puts out. Also, having another body fighting alongside you, at least for a little while, is good for distracting mobs and taking some of the heat off of you.

General Tips

- Stay alive. Move around. Don’t attempt to face-tank an enemy, because even though this build is well rounded and built-to-last, you don’t want to go down.
- Focus on getting your bleeds out. It’s fairly easy to do, but remember to take advantage of all of S/S’ abilities. The offhand (4 and 5) abilities both add bleeds aswell, and they’re very helpful.
- I personally like to be up-close and personal with my targets, but I’ll kite if I have to, which is why I have a rifle off-hand. It’s decent single-target burst. If you use the 5 ability (Rifle Butt) to knock your target(s) away from you, and use Kill Shot, you can do a LOT of damage.

Stats – For reference. My two swords have a different selection of stats on them, both exotic. One is power, precision, condition damage. The other being power, toughness, vitality.

In the end, I come out with:

1,432 Power – 2,432 Attack – 1,038 Condition Damage
1,779 Precision – 45% Crit Chance
2,843 Total Armour – Basically, I’m built to last. I don’t explode if an enemy looks at me.
20,482 Total Health – Not much higher than the base Warrior health-pool. However, much more isn’t needed due to the total level of Armour, and this still being higher than EVERY class, and equal to a Necromancer.

That’s it. I don’t know if I need to include more or not, let me know.

Note – I use the same build in SPvP. Keep in mind, it’s not an easy one to use. It isn’t heavy burst, so you HAVE to stay alive in order to do anything. At the same time, it isn’t a one-hit wonder build, so you don’t have to worry if you miss a few attacks, for whatever reason(s).

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

(edited by Kman.7358)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: xman.4576

xman.4576

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mmRM0m0MzMRwomMRaomGp0afVsVamV

WIth a GS and Longbow this build puts out very nice damage for me and gives me some offensive flexibilty.

I’ll sub in Shake it Off (usually in place of Bull Rush) and the elite Banner as neccesary.

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryujinshi.5618

Ryujinshi.5618

This a build I am thinking of making would it be effective?
http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcRM0zzM0oawncovnGmxaaaaVsqVMoc

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Swarley.4723

Swarley.4723

I’m running a 0/20/20/30/0 build as some others, i like the flexibility.
The only mainstay trait is embrace the pain to charge adrenaline faster, the rest moves around when i feel like changing weapons.

I like to have the chance to swap to dual swords, maces, sword and shield, hammer, bow, banners, warhorn, shouts and whatnot on a whim.

Armor is full knight with soldiers runes, and i plan to make different jewelry sets to support the weapons i choose. Jack of all trades master of none if you will, but since i like the playstyle of most weapons i feel like is the best choice for me

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

Build:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Bow-S-H-or-S-S-AOE-Might-Condition-Build/first#post914221

Video:

YouTube

You can also take 10 points out of Arms and put them into Tactics if you want gimmicky shout heals or healing banner (I prefer healing banner for the build).

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Kyma Grey.9410

Kyma Grey.9410

Theorycrafted, around the Rune of Lysaa.

Tried it in 2 or 3 matches (Hot Join) and in im opinion the build only works in Wv3/PvE Environment.

Here the link to intothemist website creator,
http://is.gd/cNV3MH

With this build, you dont get any decent heals at all. This build requires you to spam healing signet every 16s (if u need it or not, you need to spam it to get a random boon, hopefully retaliation or protection).

Thanks to 30 points into tactics and add. 20 or 30?% food boon duration, you will have with luck 16 seconds of retaliation or protection and perma vigor/swiftness.

In worst case scenario, you get a might boon or regen… but thats not a biggie -> thanks to perma vigor, you can dodge more than ever before. This is a very demanding build, nothing that will 3-shot an enemy. You need to predict pretty much every attack of your enemy, most of them you can dodge others just leap out (sword skill 2). Stances also grant vigor, so feel free to spam those as well.

One thing i´v noticed :

Don´t combine Healing Signet (random boon) with Signet of Rage. If you use HS first and imd. SoR after – you dont get every boon for 5 + 2 seconds (6th bonus from the rune set).

Anyhow, thats about it. Perma Vigor, Swiftness, great mobility, decent conditon removal (5 you remove via healing signet, horn removes another 2), in theory sounds great.

Biggest downside is -> Blind and heavy necro condition spammer and with this build you get a mediocre heals, but with luck 15/16 seconds of retaliation or protection + few dodges. Like with any other warrior build, ranged classes have the upperhand. No ranged weapon with this one, although one could swap out axe/mace for a rifle, might work.

Let me know, if this build around the Rune of Lysaa is any good at all. Sadly, dont have any mace/axe (exotic) to give this a try (PvE).

Thanks.

€dit : Interrupter “approach”, http://is.gd/R1K2iw

Attachments:

Darkroom JP Annoyance http://is.gd/erW1Ov
AMD 13.×.beta4 Test http://is.gd/mRomyO

(edited by Kyma Grey.9410)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

Full of fun, full of win. Provide regen and stack Might to the ceiling (18 AOE Stacks, 25 on self).

http://en.gw2codex.com/build/22176-warrior-hammer-lb-tank-build

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

Hi guys,

A new build here for SPvP. I tried copy and pasting everything but the formatting went all crazy so here is the link to my original post:

http://papaganooshplace.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/papas-double-double-build.html

Would love to hear your thoughts on it. Especially if some people can try it out.

Papaganoosh (SPvP Officer, The Unnamed EU)

http://www.the-unnamed.com/spvpapp – recruiting skilled players for TPvP

(edited by papaganoosh.7908)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

Note: You won’t be able to see this build by clicking on a link, so please copy it to your address search bar.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRBHTlG2IoTNcMkwDTkAApoKwMFKSpoN7SKKjNA;TwAg0CtoKyUkoIbRuikFtIZQyWhZCA

Hey guys, just wanted to show you the build I was using for quite a long time. It is meant as somewhat bursty build, but can also be played as initiator, due to stuns and knockdowns it provides. It has great condition removal, with this setup, but you can always change that Signet of Stamina to something of your liking, or whatever your team needs. I’m mostly using it for higher dodge uptime, as warrior is very unforgiving profession to play, and combined with Signet Mastery, it’s a great condition removal, though I sometimes switch it with Bull’s charge and On my mark, for better initiation, or more debuffing(10% more damage is pretty good number, and it is on low cooldown).

Now, the reason because of warhorn use is very simple. Boons, debuffing, and condition removal. You won’t be easily kitted, as you now got perma swiftness, but not only that, it also removes immobilize, chilled and cripple. 5th skills is so great, because weakness is one of the strongest conditions IMO, as it lowers your opponent’s damage by great amount, but it also prevents him from dodging your’s. Vigor is also always great to have, despite Signet of Stamina, because I believe it fills one dodge bar in 5secs instead of 6. something, provided by SoS. Also, you are going to have your damage raised by 2% for every boon on you, so it really makes a difference, especially with Signet of Rage activated, which I’m gonna explain in a moment.

So, mace provides you with constant weakness uptime, along with warhorn #5, which will benefit your team greatly, as they are going to take so much less damage. It’s also great for setting up the spike(doesn’t matter if it’s off-hand of main-hand mace), and it’s also great for interrupting crucial skills, like healing for example. 4% more damage? Yes please! Combined with axe #2 and On My Mark, if you’ve chosen to use it as your third utility skill, it can stack almost 20% of vulnerability on your target, plus that extra 12% damage, and Empowered, used with Signet of Rage, and you will be able to burst anyone down in mere seconds.

Now, Rune of Lyssa, great for stacking boons, removing conditions, and 10% longer weakness and vulnerability. Also goes great with Signet of Rage, as it is now only on 48s cd. So, whenever you activate your SoR, you are going to get all of the boons for 5 seconds, which means that, combined with 10-20% of vulnerability, 12% more damage coming from full adrenaline bar, and 18% more damage for those 5 seconds, which is almost 50% more damage, or 40% if you didn’t slot OMM. Combine all of that with Frenzy and axe auto attack, and your target will melt. Note that it isn’t easy to setup this combo, so try to count for your opponents dodges and stun breaks before using it. Your team can also help with that.

For sigils, I’ve chosen boon removal, which can help against stability, retaliation or protection, but you can choose whatever you want, really.

So, now you got great damage, initiation, condition removal, good defense with high dodge uptime and weakness, combined with mace block and stuns, 100% swiftness uptime, so you won’t be kited easily, plus some boon removal, if you choose to go with Sigil of Nullification.

(edited by Krilce.7864)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: DarnDevil IV.2143

DarnDevil IV.2143

Axe ’n Shield beefy DPS

Please tell me what you think about my build I want some comments because I have come to this by time and tweaking.

I use this build in wvw ( party roaming and zerg ), pve and dungeons ( with few major trait changes )

I don’t have the armors and accessory in the link but I will tell them.

This build focuses on heavy thoughness with good dps and moderate burst by using axe and shield, only downpart is that conditions are direct counter to this build. The passive regen let’s you to focus on positioning and countering your opponent’s as you don’t have to heal. Just remeber that poison will quickly cause a death.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAneRjkOJvBPuQMxBAMjquyyoogUKsrOA
I sometimes run 20 in strength and 30 in defense for more tankyness.

Armors: Valkyrie’s
Weapons: Berserker’s, shield is Knight’s, fire or air sigils and accuracy sigil for shield
Accessory: Knight’s

For runes I would perhaps take dolyak’s for the extra survivability and synergy with passive health regen, but I don’t have exotic gear yet. I have rare armors with no runes and masterwork accessory. With my gear I sit on around 2900 ( will push up to and maybe over 3000 with exotic gear) armor and 43 ( will be on the better side of 50 with exotic) crit chance when I have fury on me. I hit for about 1000 dmg on avarage ( depending on opponent’s armor ) when I crit with axes and my evi does about 4 to 6 k damage. Dodge does for 600 aoe dmg and 1k with crit. This synergizes well with signet of stamina which is a must for this build.

Link to full explanation, playstyle and what to look for with this build:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Axe-n-Shield-legioner/first#post1071527

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Aether the Nob.9172

Aether the Nob.9172

I’m at a loss. I’ve got 2 builds here, each that can do different things very well. Which do you prefer, because I cannot tell which one is better (at WVW and sPVP)
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAnXTjgOxutOKPMxBCkiqYlzDqsEyrU0m7A;T8Ag1yqEUJpSVliKqiMFJKyWkrIZRLOGVMJ

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJARTjgOBvxOuQMxBAzjfAyojCqYKp4syA;T4AA2yoEQJhSFlCKqkMJJSymkLJZSLKGFA

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Joker.5016

Joker.5016

Rate My Build!

My build is based on the idea of a Condition Tank warrior. Sword/Shield/Longbow

Traits: 0/30/20/20/0

Arms: Deep Cuts, Blade Master, Furios.

Defense: Missile Deflection, Shield Master.

Tactics: Stronger Bow-Strings, Burning Arrows.

Heal: Mending

Utility: Balanced Stance, Frenzy, Endure Pain

Elite: Signet of Rage

For gear, I’m using all Rabid set items, with Superior Runes of Undead for the additional Toughness, Conditions Damage, and the 5% of Toughness converted to Condition Damage (6/6) perk.

This build works very well in dungeons, can maintain aggro of bosses and stay alive with ease, while putting out some serious damage with Bleed Stacking.

For sPvP and WvW, its still undefeated against anything I’ve come across 1v1 aside from a mesmer.

This is my personal experience with the build.

Lieutenant of Reawakened[RE] ~ Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Joker.5016)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Ney Matogrosso.5736

Ney Matogrosso.5736

WvW Hammer control build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIQQNAS3XjcOxu1OWPMxBA0DryaLTheUPazu4A;T8Ag0ynEOJdS9kyJqaM1IqxWjrGZNLCGWsLA

I’ll intent to use this for WvW, but I’m not tested.

Off course my stats are not this from the build and I used ruby’s than the Divinity Runes. U guys could change the berserker armor from one with Power, Tough and Vit for better survability, and probably works well.

The function of this build is to control ppl near the walls or be the front line to stun and neutralize the players for other dps kill the enemy. The damage could be decent, around 2,5-3k from crit using the berserker armor and the burst skill from hammer.

A good use of this build could be seen in this video: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/WvW-hammer-stomp-video

Well, I change some things like skills, weapons and traits, trying to maximize the fun and damage. One probably answer to the question: “Why u don’t use Merciless Hammer?” is because I preffer to use “Last Stand” and gain stability for 8s and continue to use my skills than lost few seconds of recharge in the hammer skills.

I hope that u enjoy the build guys…

Cya

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Schnuffles.5369

Schnuffles.5369

Here is my build for WvW.

Pretty standard healing shout warrior. Signet of rage and for great justice always being used gives me 100% fury uptime and between 8-11 stacks of might constantly. I use full knights gear and clerics trinkets with runes of the soldier.

The only time i die in WvW is when i get rolled over by the invisible zerg. In smaller battles i can out sustain anyone with my heals and stealing life on crits (omnomberry ghost food + sigil of life 25 stacks on shield and sigil of blood on sword).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQRBMdxG2IoTybzj1DTcAB9wKuCBUVwOSPKD0INA;ToAqdM7I2xCmbH5OrKGV

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

A rambling and probably very sub-optimal build here … but it’s fun and I like it. Armour is mostly Power/Toughness/Vitality with Knight jewellery.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/vOG8yvFFqR4

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

(edited by binidj.5734)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Laceration.4290

Laceration.4290

Going for a little more defensive line with my 2nd health stealting axe/mace build. Used in both PvE and WvW:
http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcRzMM9cMRanmMRanma0xaGVMRqzoa8kil7kiQ7kil7070M7kGL70V7ofD70m8ofY

Berserker weapons/accessories and Knight armors.

I built this around using the passive buffs from 3 stacks of Adrenaline, Adrenal Health and Berserker’s Power. Nice damage output but not too glassy with the Defense traitline. Swapping Defy Pain for Spiked Armor from time to time to add another 300ish dmg towards the enemy. Enjoying this quite a bit more than my first axe build.
(I suck at typing any guides or trying to explain more about my build). So ill just link a video about soloing a supply camp.

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

After playing a couple hundred games of sPvP with warrior, these are the builds I found to be the most effective:
Pure Roamer -
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-sg-7w;0VK-Q0h4oK-60;9;4JT;0J48-49B;426-I-k36;1G3G3G3G35Bc
Hybrid (My favorite) -
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s7BCx;0VK-Q0h4oK-60;9;5TT9;234B48A1;3IRk3C;1TsW6TsW65Bv

Copy/Paste to view. These were not created by me. I’ve only altered them slightly.

How to melt faces:

In General-
The warrior can cover an insane amount of distance very quickly with his abilities, which is very, very useful when roaming and getting away. Make sure auto-target is off. When not fighting, use Rush whenever it’s up. Evis and Bull’s Charge are also great for getting away in a pinch. And if you are roaming, by pinch I mean whenever somebody targets you. You are not a tank. Hit and runs are how team fights are won. Other than that, keep a cool head and use your abilities at the appropriate time.

Roamer-
The one thing I cannot stress enough is DO NOT OPEN WITH BULL’S CHARGE. More often than not good players will stun break it and get away, making the fight a hell of a lot harder. Open with Rush immediately followed by Bladetrail. Autoattack for a few seconds or until your target dodges at least once. Whirlwind them and swap to your Axe/Shield. There are mainly two ways to follow up from here: If you are not in range and snared, use your signet and Mending, then immediately go into Shield Stance. Run right up to the target. If you are in range, skip all that and just move onto the next step. Shield Bash immediately followed by Throw Axe. Use Cyclone and then smack around the target a bit. If you are not re-snared and the target has most likely used up their endurance, go for the Eviscerate. If you are snared, or the timing doesn’t feel right, switch to GS. Use Whirlwind if it can reach them, Bladetrail if it cannot. You can try to use Rush to close the gap, but I actually like to use it at point blank for a quick big hit when I can. You’ll probably need to use dodges to help close gaps by now. (not that you should be saving your endurance til now, use it whenever you need it) If you have not killed anything at this point, you’ve probably gone into a fight you should have avoided and it’s time to run away.

The opportunity for 100b isn’t really set to any part of a combo. If your GS is out and the enemy is worn down, go for the Frenzy>Charge>100b. If people are trying to res or stomp someone, pop it and punish them all. I wouldn’t recommend using it for anything else. For it to do a considerable amount of damage compared to just auto attacking, the entire cast needs to finish.

Hybrid-
Pretty forgiving build, just don’t expect to run around dropping everything in 2 seconds. If for whatever reason you want to chain stun someone, use your abilities in this order:
Throw Axe>Tremor>Shield Bash or Bull Rush>Shield Bash or Bull Rush>Skull Crack
You are better off playing around with those abilities and figuring out when it’s the best time to use them.

Now then, time for a big, unorganized, vague explanation of how I play this. Pommel Bash is an interrupt with a 0 cast time and is absolutely amazing. Use it to extend a stun, or better yet, to interrupt the casting animation for a heal. If you need to go on the defensive, try to use Shield Block and Endure Pain early. The Axe is where your damage comes from. Use it with Frenzy and Endure Pain if you want. Or just save Frenzy to quick stomp/res. Usually I use Skull Crack as my adrenaline ability, but evis is good for quickly finishing people at low health. Pop signet when you are ready to deal some damage with your axe, but never before. The extra adrenaline is really helpful.

It’s a pretty fun build to play with, and it was what I was using the first time someone complemented my bunkering while I was playing with a Berserker Amulet on. Just be careful in pub games. It has a nasty habit of causing mass rage quits.

EDIT: I figured out where the hybrid build originally came from:
http://www.twitch.tv/cpham642/b/334368374
Hope he doesn’t mind me tossing the build up. >.>

(edited by Geewoody.2017)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Katanasama.9702

Katanasama.9702

I’ve seen a lot of sPvP greatsword builds, but I feel mine is slightly different.

http://tinyurl.com/8crg6r5

I prefer 30 points into discipline for two reasons. First, the 100% chance to rally from a successful vengeance kill can be extremely helpful, and secondly having movement skills break immobilize is also another great trait to have.

From most of the greatsword builds I’ve seen out there, it seems most recommend using a 1h/shield as your secondary weapons. I can’t help but disagree. From my experience, I’ve had no problem killing players who use a shield instead of a ranged weapon. It boils down to personal preference however. I for one like to have ranged abilities and you just can’t beat the damage from the kill shot skill (so long as you use it at the right time, generally after you watch your enemy dodge twice!).

Of course I’m open to build criticism or suggestions, but for now I find that this build works quite well for me.

Edit: I changed my build, slightly.

Decided to take 10 points out of arms and move it to defense instead. I think this is a better choice.

I would disagree with your rune choice in the defense tree. Reason: your build does not apply any form of weakness, so the trait is useless to you, unless you run with a second player that applies weakness regularly, and even then it will fall off quickly and it’s not a very reliable increase in dps. I would advise a different rune, or removing the 10 points from Defense entirely, unless you’re going for the 15 slot passive.

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

(edited by CoaxialMazer.9140)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Whats the most famous build for warrior out there ? Can anyone hints?

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

The Running Man:

Traits 0-0-30-30-10
Defense – 2, 5, 9 (these are only suggestions and can certainly be changed)
Tactics – 1, 8, 12
Discipline – 6

My armor suit is a mix of any armor type that has Power Toughness Vitality (Arcon, Armageddon, Aurora, Invaders, Mortal)

Rune set – Centaur (my main focus is speed in WvW since i do a lot of scouting and chasing down people fleeing)

GS Sigil – Superior Battle
Sword Sigil – Superior Blood
Shield Sigil – Superior Intelligence

My accessories have Power, Precision and Toughness

My build is not meant to melt face or dominate everything that I come across. My goal is to push in to enemy lines and distract them. In doing so I eat boat loads of damage and hopefully force the enemy to use cooldowns early in a fight. This allows my group to deal damage and kill targets. I live in a state of constant engage and retreat.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQFARjgOxwxO2QMxBAkCryy84niA6ogKmA;TwAg0ynEOJdS9kyJqtMbJ2yulbL5WA

I think ill use this setup for WvW. I dunno wbout the sigil on the GS, Bloodlust or Blood?

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Orolias.4381

Orolias.4381

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.2.12.8.0.0.0.0.0.0.28.36.33.48.52.8.8.7.78.80.84.0.0.0.111.108.116.122.0.0.0.0.0.30.0.30.10.0

I use this setup in PvE, It makes a high mobility tanky bait ( GS, Balanced Stance, faster endurance ) with a good amount of damage ( I think ). Can you guys think of anyway to make it better while keeping it’s “essence” ? grits teeth in preparation

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Dynir.5803

Dynir.5803

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIMQNAneTjkOJvNPaPMxBA0jquaLThfSPCDt1A

Made up this, kinda supporty steelwall.

Opinions?

Skjall Ironfur – Warrior

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Deceiver.2603

Deceiver.2603

Hello!

I have a warrior, using a very good and balanced build.
I do pretty high damage and still have very nice survivability and here is how I do it:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJARUnkOk8YzDSBxEZAAfwqLDqYK9gM0SD;TIALMGYA (Armor not included, so crit chance/prec/power etc will be higher!)

Traits: 0/25/15/30/0
Utility: Healing Signet/For Greater Justice/Shake it off!/On My Mark/Signet of Rage
Weapons: Greatsword + Rifle or Sword/Focus (for perma swiftness)
Gear: Weapon will be Berserker’s stats, armor will be Knight’s stats and jewelery you can go Berserker’s aswell or Knight’s.. Depending if you want more survivability or more damage.

With this build, at level 80, you will have about 300hp/s regen.
Healing shouts will heal you and allies for about 1400-1500 hp per shout.
100 blades will still hit about 8k-12k+ !!
FGJ will give you and allies might + fury (very nice)
Shake it off will break stuns, cure a condition from you and allies and ofc heal!
On My Mark will make you and allies hit 10% more on that target and heal!

In my opinion; one of the best builds there is, cause you hit hard, have nice survivability, support your party and don’t die every second.
This is also a very good build especially for dungeons,^^

Cheers!

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Spvp Glass cannon builds!
“THE BERZERKER” (wtf faceroll greatsword build)
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-sg-7wBFSKFQ0S4-L-60M4oL;1Y4kG;4JT;0J48-59B;446-6-k76;1F-03F-035Bc
never use the greatsword burst since the passives from traits are better!
pop frenzy, bulls rush and hundred blades for the extreme damage!
switch to axe for Execute.

“THE ARCHER”(my favourite build! death from afar!)
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-so-FwBFSKFQ0f4BL-60;9;5T-9T;128A;13;056Ba-k7a;1Bk-2Bk-27ZB
stay back from the fight and rain down fiery death on your enemies!
your insane crit chance and permanent fury combined with the “furious” trait and decreased burst cost mean you can usually use your tier 3 burst skill every time its off cooldown.
amazing for farming rank points

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Axe/Shield Burst Warrior

This is a good mix of DPS and survivability with axe and shield. And the reason i’d call it a burst warrior is because my adrenaline bar is filled up before the cooldown on eviscerate/kill shot is over. So every ten seconds you can deal a big blow.

It works well in PvE and dungeons. Next to DPS and survivability it also gives a little support with condition removal (soldier runes). And you can always go for a banner utility if you want to.

You can even pick up a greatsword and change furious into forceful greatsword (this build isn’t meant for GS as main), or even pick up a mace if you prefer that over a shield and change the traits in the defense tree accordingly.

Weapons

Main weapon set:
- Axe (sigil of fire) / Shield (sigil of force)

Secondary weapon set:
- Rifle (sigil of fire)
- Greatsword (sigil of force)
- Axe (sigil of fire) / Mace (sigil of force)

Mostly use rifle on my secondary weapon set. But can easily be switched for greatsword or axe/mace in combination of trait skill change.

The type of stats on weapons:
- Axe (power/precision/CritDamage)
- Shield (power/toughness/vitality)
- Greatsword (power/precision/CritDamage)
- Rifle (power/precision/CritDamage)
- Mace (power/toughness/vitality)

Armor and Accessories

Berserker Armor/Accessories: (power/precision/CritDamage)
- Helm
- Gloves
- Legs
- Boots
- Ring 2x
- Amulet
- Accessory 1x

Knight Armor: (toughness/power/precision)
- Shoulder
- Chest

Celestial Accessories: (ancient karka shell)
- Accessory 1x

Runes / Jewels:
- 6x Superior Rune of the Soldier
- 2x Exquisite Ruby Jewel (rest of Accessories are ascended berserkers)

Utilities

What I mostly use:
- Healing Signet
- For Great Justiuce!
- Frenzy
- Shake it Off!
- Signet of Rage

For WvW or other situations:
- Endure Pain
- Balanced Stance
- Battle Standard

Traits

Arms – 30
- Rending Strikes ( V )
- Crack Shot ( VII )
- Furious ( XI )

Defense – 25
- Missile Deflection ( V )
- Shield Master ( IX )

Discipline – 15
- Heightened Focus ( V )

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

(edited by Retsuko.2035)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

:3

If you love your character, it will be strong. (Stridermaster, an old friend from Rose Online)

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Ernest.8109

Ernest.8109

http://tinyurl.com/cmjqj32

the tanky-dps-shouting-warhornig-jumping-zerging build

(switch shield for axe in zerg and sw/wh for gs in pve(in this case also changing quick breathing for lung capacity)

Why So SeRiOuS?

(edited by Ernest.8109)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Madscotsman.4398

Madscotsman.4398

I just started playing a couple of days ago and as I do in all MMOs I like to play a warrior class, primarily in a tanking role. Just wanted some opinions on the following build to see if it would be viable for general PVE play. Thanks

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIQQRAse3ejkOJvNPGPMxBA0DruaLThiSPKDt0A;T4AA1ytEaJ1StlSLKbM2IsxajzGpNDCmEA

might have to copy and paste link in your browser

(edited by Madscotsman.4398)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mzRzckV9MmFNwmmFNwmG0G0xVaVszVk

My build for an Axe/Shield + Sword/Warhorn WvW roaming warrior.

My armor is full berserker (2 rune of air, rest rubys) with a knight’s amulet. Along with the +90 toughness when using shield and the traitline +200 toughness you get som decent armor ~ 2.7k armor. Using exquisite rubys on all trinkets results in 106 % crit. The crit chance ticks at 39%, but with a superior sigil of perception, plus butternut squash soup and master maintenance oil the precision can full buffed tick at around 60%, and the crit dmg at 116%.

How to play you say?

Shield is your defensive reliability, be sure to land it properly! This will take a while, but once you learn to land it on most bursts of dmg and get enemys skills on cd they are very vulnrable. Shield has a stun/interrupt to simply interrupt skills. Frenzy, obv to use when you feel confident and want a final blow, a few extremely fast hits with the axe and an evescirate that hits ALOT. Balanced stance breaks stuns and provides stability when either meeting a zerg or downing ppl, or simply need a stability. The bulls charge can be used for alot of things, but mainly charging into a person and knocks them down for 2 seconds. But I also tend to use it as a type of escape to reload my cds. The heal is mainly for removing conditions and a small healing(get some healing from the traits). Signet of rage – the only choice for roaming. With fury, the crit chance ticks at around 70% while buffed, more with charged sigil. Swiftness, 30 seconds and with superior air 36 seconds, plus the warhorn swiftness 48 seconds. Great for moving between targets and eventually flee from a zerg. 5 stacks of might ofc. I’m not building around stakcing might because my playstyle is very plain, I can’t afford alot of extra stuff because it kittens up my mind. This si why the build suits me, there’s not really much to think about except timing your defensive stuff and just nuke. Might take some time to learn to play but it wouldn’t take too long.

I was inspired by Nammy in Ninety Nine Knights from youtube, props to her/him!! It’s really a build that suits me.

Don’t have any vids to show some of it, but you can check out Nnk guild at youtube for solo/group play with it! It’s not exactly the same but it’s VERY similar.

Peace out.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

(edited by Gamgee.8612)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Talent.6742

Talent.6742

Warrior in the making here. [Currently in the 20-30 range]
But my build is consisting of the defensive traits with Vit and Toughness on my armor. For my weapon I use a hammer.

So the idea is sort of a tanky, crowd controller.
(I did not consult any pre-fabricated or recommended builds and have no interest in doing so; I’m not cookie dough)

Founder of the Enamored Front
*Elementalist
*Warrior

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: pandas.9450

pandas.9450

hello

been looking for help for a sword/axe build. Not sure where to put the points in traits and which traits to also pick. Thanks!

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Katallyst.5824

Katallyst.5824

hi new to warrior here and id like some insights on the build i came up with, aimed for pve/wvw.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1g.h15.7.1g.h1h|1.1g.h15|1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i|21j.d19.21j.d19.31j.d19.21j.d19.31j.d19.2s.d19|k25.a1.f1.0.p56|0.0|5x.6c.6e.6f.6m|e

i aim for nice damage along with nice survivablity both from passive healing (signet, adrenal health) and high toughness along with some condition removal (signet and 6th bonus from rune of lyssa)

in only not sure on wich weapons to use, i do love dual axe but also like MH sword altough dont know how much worth it will be without focusing on condition damage, and GS for wvw is good cause of moblity but also bad cause 100b can easily be dodged, ive considered hammer too, and for when range is needed riffle

any insights wether this is good or bad and weapons opinion apreciated and sorry for any bad english

P.S. on the build link it doesnt take into acount the extra precison from unused signets wich is roughly + 10% crit chance

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Aquizit.5106

Aquizit.5106

Ok, so this is the first time I’ve built anything from scratch, and this came from looking at the burst signet v. shout build debates. What I’m looking for is just pointing out if I missed something. I think I’ve got the build as tight as I want it with the right traits for the weapons I want to use along with the skills I’ve chosen. I don’t like the longbow skill set, so I picked rifle for that. And axe, warhorn gives me more boons for the trait I picked, since I dunno if I really want GS.

The warrior is low level right now, level 12 or so (switched from a necromancer) and I’m hoping this will give me enough burst to level efficiently, and at the same time give me support for group events/dungeons with guildies, kinda why I picked shouts over signets.

Anywho, judge away: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIQQNBHhR6kzhkHjCy5BcIDEHFjHAKFwxNpHlBNpB

[Grim] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aquizit.5106)

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: prestab.9173

prestab.9173

Sword/Mace – Longbow

So with the new changes I’ve been trying out some different things with my warrior, mainly in wvw. This is a sword/mace and longbow build I’ve been using for 2 days now and I really like it. It isn’t great for all situations but i have had a lot of fun playing it.

Here is the build link:
http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcRkMm0MzMnRwmMMmwmapp0aVoRMRV08kiB7kiH7khA7070M7kNc70V7ofD70m

All my armor is exotic Knight’s gear and I’ve been using beryl orbs instead of the soldier runes but either works.

“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Versig 80 Warrior, Joxx 80 Engineer
The Venture Brothers (TVB) Sanctum of Rall

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: NexParietis.6409

NexParietis.6409

I got bored, and decided to make a non support, all around sort of trait line set up.

20 power, 20 arms, 20 defense, 10 tactics.
The traits can be changed to focus on immobilization with a sword mainhand and rifle (your choice for offhand, defensive, or offense), or even greatsword might stacking.
The one linked below uses mace/axe to punish and apply stuns. The longbow is there for heavy AOE damage with the burst, helping apply conditions on groups of foes.

I’ve really sort of enjoyed the trait point layout, since it allows for a wide variety of experimentation. Feel free to check it out.
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|9.1n.hd.7.1n.h1l|3.1n.h17|1n.719.1n.719.1n.719.1n.719.1n.719.1n.719|1n.64.1n.64.1n.64.1n.64.1n.64.8b.9b|k27.k54.k67.a4.0|0.0|5x.65.6b.6h.6m|e

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Mr Lighthead.4816

Mr Lighthead.4816

Im using Dontains tanky “Heavy Arms” build. It focuses mainly on the defensive side of the warrior, but also on sustained DPS. It is working really well for me and I just wanted to share it with you all!

Link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv2ux0GpejM

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Galvatorixx.9280

Galvatorixx.9280

Personally I have a hard time with the greatsword, so I use Sword/Axe, and longbow alternate. It can be somewhat versitile, and mobile if you want it to be
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIIQNAsXTlkOCtH7w2BTEBgRRPDdKkkShd3lUcmZA-e
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIIQJATTlkOCtH7w2BTEBgRRPDdKkkShd3lUcmZA-e

I find this an easy to play build for casual warriors.

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Avlis.1392

Avlis.1392

My build after patch 30.04.13:

Have fun

Post Your Build Thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

The M1 Bradley aka Longbow Shout Tank Warrior

I so named this build because it is both a support and offensive tank build. It is lighter then the heavy tanks fielded by Guards and Ele’s but features a solid balance of support, tank, offense and mobility.

The basis of the build is the old shout warrior. Tack on a longbow, Dogged march, Hoelbrak runes, Spiked Armor and 11-17 stacks of might and you got a mean fighting machine. Might stacks are maintained by your 50% might duration + shouts + signet + fire field blasts. You have 2 blast finishers; arcing shot and warhorn 5. Each gives 3 might on a long duration. Obviously anyone near you is also going to get all those shout/aoe might buffs. So this build can lend good support to a team. Stack up, recieve might, fury, swiftness and vigor. If you got a guard then boom, 25 stacks for everyone. Oh and you got all those silly reviving minors too..

In standard 1v1 combat you open with longbow, fire off all your skills, switch to sword, maybe shout if one is off CD and then pop a flurry. Use warhorn 4-5 and autoattack till its time to go back to longbow. Drop another combust shot, then arcing, ect ect. Assuming you drop your arc shots on the fire field and maybe manage to swap and warhorn 5 before it fades and voila, 17+ stacks of might. In a zerg fight you can do some nifty things with all those aoe fields, blasting and shooting with your 100% projectile finishers.

Gearing is wtf ever you want really. No matter what you lean toward it will give results. Condition dmg? You got burning and bleeding. Power? Longbow has lots of power attacks. Toughness? Um yea.. Healing power? Definately. I mixed soldiers, clerics and some rabid gear into a unholy pot to get 2880 AP + 200 condi dmg + 3.1k armor + 1k healing + 22k hp. Use some tuning crystals and some power/condi dmg food (or lemongrass) and then might stack it up.

Here is the build link. Anet doesn’t like this god tier builder site so you need to copy and paste this URL

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBjYD7E0hkHjCy5BmIDIoHaYWIgqCwR6xZgGpBA-jUzA4sIj2AIMBi8An9UWziCiVwioxqZwUqLqWHDY1BcIYukFVDA-w