Ready to quit

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

As a PvP warrior….is there anything that can be said here to make me want to continue? Or should I just delete it now and accept Anet cannot balance for kitten.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

To be honest, just change class. Anet said that they won’t really be doing big balance changes for a bit due to their upcoming tournament.

So, as a Warrior, you will continue to be in 8th place. I play a Warrior my self, and it’s painful and down right silly how weak of a class we are after so long. You would think any competent wanna-be Esports game would have fixed this rubbish AGES ago!

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

I don’t feel weak at all.

Try my build out and see if you have any success with it. I have Necros cussing me out all the time.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-sFBCx;0VKkP0d4cLVQ0;9;59T9J;13;018A0;027-4RF2S;1CoF2CoF26BW

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I fully agree with Zietlogik.6208.

And about Velron.3729 buld, nothin against, but…
- How do you deal with condition spam (me for example )?
- How do you fight agaisnt ranged attacks?
- How do you deal dmg?
- How do you fight against summoners (Engineer, Mesmer, Necro, Ranger…)?
- How do you surpass high regeneration of some classes?
- How do you sustain youself in batle?

I play a direfent build, but can stand in same level of another classes you really are awesome

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Velron.3729

Man that would really be an essay to explain exactly how to try to fight every one of those situations, its all there though.

Condi spam? I have -2 condi on heal, full condi cleanse on kitten cd, condi immunity for 8s on 60s cd, perma -20% condi duration applied to me. I’m covered. Almost forgot Cleansing Ire also.

Ranged attacks is usually block or whatever I need to do (profession specific) while I close gap then start stuns. I do have immob on crpple with sword leap. I really don’t have issues sticking on people.

Deal damage is easy, every time I stun someone crit chance goes way up and I have very solid attack (usually over 3300-3400 in combat iirc). The build also stunlocks so even though its not super bursty it doesn’t matter bc you’re always interrupting heals, etc. Also Skull Crack Crushing Blow, Final Thrust is a deadly combo that I’ve had do upwards of around 14k (possibly more, I’m trying to be conservative so I don’t lie) for the combo and its all while stunned.

Engineers and Necros are EASY with this if you’re good with timing and not missing your stuns/dazes. Necros and Engis have crap stability access making them vulnerable to stunlock builds.

Super high regen like a bunker? Guardian is the hardest – the rest you can usually take out bc of stunning and making them miss heals, etc. Guardian has the instant aegis/blocks though.

Sustain is there because basically every skill you have is helping you live. Stuns stop them from attacking you – meaning no damage received. Blocks stop them from landing attacks on you. Sword leap gets you out of bad spots when you need. You have great condi removal – which is the main thing bringing down Warriors in the fray, that by default incredibly boosts your sustain.

(edited by Velron.3729)

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Try my build out and see if you have any success with it. I have Necros cussing me out all the time.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-sFBCx;0VKkP0d4cLVQ0;9;59T9J;13;018A0;027-4RF2S;1CoF2CoF26BW

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

can you please record your awesome gameplay with this awesome build of yours, so i can be enlighten by your awesomeness

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

watch defektive’s stream. We have viable builds out there and you’re just not aware of them.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

watch defektive’s stream. We have viable builds out there and you’re just not aware of them.

seriously, how much did he pay you.

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Velron.3729

can you please record your awesome gameplay with this awesome build of yours, so i can be enlighten by your awesomeness

Man negativity just because I try to offer some help. I have nothing to prove, simply trying to help someone frustrated on their Warrior.

Edit: Lol look at this timing. A necro comes into our forum to post about Warriors and stun builds wrecking them. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Nice-counterplay

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

Man negativity just because I try to offer some help. I have nothing to prove, simply trying to help someone frustrated on their Warrior.

no, im seriously curious about how this build work and stuff, i tried it for a few matches but could not understand the build. i would try any thing to have a warrior build that is on bar with every other classes

-Excalibur.9748

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Velron.3729

no, im seriously curious about how this build work and stuff, i tried it for a few matches but could not understand the build. i would try any thing to have a warrior build that is on bar with every other classes

Defektive runs the same weapon setups, you can get a general feel for the style of play. I only run a few things different to allow a bit more damage and condi removal as I feel its priority over double stability and endure pain on the bar.

I honestly would have videos recorded of this already, I have Engi videos…however something has messed up in my Dxtory directory and I’ve tried a few re-installs with no luck yet so I have to trouble shoot more before I can get any of my own.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

I’ll have to take your build around for a spin. On paper I am not seeing the DPS, but GW2 isn’t played on paper.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Jae.5138

seriously, how much did he pay you.

what? i watch his stream, i tried his builds and they work very effectively. so knowing that there are very viable builds out there (i mean, with two strong builds, there’s hardly anything to complain about) i don’t know what the point of threads/posts like this is.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

The stun build is ‘ok’ but it is pretty much trash against a good necromancer.

I main a necro in SPVP and use Melandru Runes (-25% Stun/Condition Duration.) Along with many ways to just avoid CC.

There is one small problem with that build: No sustain, no area of effect carnage besides Mace ‘5’.

Sure you can stun someone, and stun someone, and stun someone… however what next?

Ever try doing that while trying to get to them, or fighting a bunch of minions or clones infront of you? Skull crack only hits one target, and your bound to hit them before me trying to catch up to me.

If it works, it is probably amazing, however the chance for it to work is slim at best, it is more of a gimmicky stun-lock build that is only good if your team completely builds around it and carrys you, sorry to say… a necromancer fear lock build could do it better. (and easier!)

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

@all the “warrior still guuuuud post U dont need longbuw lol”
A tanky warrior that runs around and stuns 1 person every 8~10 seconds while doing low-to-medium 1-1-1 spam damage to single targets.

What happens when the opponent team ignores your meddling slow 17% crit mace and simply kills everyone else ?

Maybe I’m wrong, but it looks like you’re dedicating all your time to be a walking 1 man “road bump”.
An annoying little mosquito for a single Necro/Mesmer. While that very same Necro or Mesmer is molesting your team internally.
Even if the stars align, and you COMPLETELY shut out that necro/mesmer from kitten your team, all you did was turning the fight to a 2v2 or 3v3. Terms are still equal, your team didn’t gain anything. You’re still chasing after a necro while your team does the real fighting and capturing.

You can build an elementalist in exactly the same way (soldier amulet, dagger+X, spread traits, defensive utilities) and gain more anti condition, more team play, more boons, more hard CC’s, sustain, combo fields, finishers, more AoE etc. While still having the durr 1-1-1 spam.

What do you provide that any other class doesn’t? Beside a high boon-less HP pool?

This is for the guys that did build without longbow.

How do I downvote a post?

This is not entirely true. While I do see a problem with actually landing your CC’s in the heat of combat, when you do stun and lock down someone you are not just removing the target’s damage from the fight, you are also removing his ability to use his survivability mechanics (with the exception of thieves and mesmers who have disgustingly low CD teleports) and thus the rest of your team can focus down the target easily. Then you move on to the next target. It’s not simply a matter of removing both of you from the fight for a few seconds.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

A tanky warrior that runs around and stuns 1 person every 8~10 seconds while doing low-to-medium 1-1-1 spam damage to single targets.

What happens when the opponent team ignores your meddling slow 17% crit mace and simply kills everyone else ?

Maybe I’m wrong, but it looks like you’re dedicating all your time to be a walking 1 man “road bump”.
An annoying little mosquito for a single Necro/Mesmer. While that very same Necro or Mesmer is molesting your team internally.
Even if the stars align, and you COMPLETELY shut out that necro/mesmer from kitten your team, all you did was turning the fight to a 2v2 or 3v3. Terms are still equal, your team didn’t gain anything. You’re still chasing after a necro while your team does the real fighting and capturing.

You can build an elementalist in exactly the same way (soldier amulet, dagger+X, spread traits, defensive utilities) and gain more anti condition, more team play, more boons, more hard CC’s, sustain, combo fields, finishers, more AoE etc. While still having the durr 1-1-1 spam.

What do you provide that any other class doesn’t? Beside a high boon-less HP pool?

This is not entirely true. While I do see a problem with actually landing your CC’s in the heat of combat, when you do stun and lock down someone you are not just removing the target’s damage from the fight, you are also removing his ability to use his survivability mechanics (with the exception of thieves and mesmers who have disgustingly low CD teleports) and thus the rest of your team can focus down the target easily. Then you move on to the next target. It’s not simply a matter of removing both of you from the fight for a few seconds.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/How-to-counter-stun-locking-warriors/first#post2454597

When you know the counter to a gimmick it is really easy to avoid, I actually love fighting these useless warriors in SPVP.

Lobo is correct

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

This guy is right, warrior not weak at all. but his build is weak, so I won’t do any comment on that.

My new warrior build just been created 3 days ago and I have been testing it in these days. It will actually be the new meta but as a warrior, it’s hard to control(not a lot of players can do it, or can handle it). I’ll stream while doing some hot-join if you do not believe, or ask someone who dueled me before like Legend Folly’s spirit ranger or Legend Lily’s nerco. I won’t be streaming any serious Tournament because I’ll be lagging bad while streaming, so unless someone try to spectate me while I’m doing some serious tournament, or you can watch my stream while I’m doing hot-join.

Maybe it’s hard for me to bring this cookie up to make everybody believe that my new warrior build is good in current meta because I do not join any team atm. (Many ppl tried to ask but I rejected all of them because of my life issue (respected to my girl…).

But I will always be here to help warrior’s community and trying to help everybody whoever struggled when playing warrior.

Regards, if you want to see the builds, try to seek my thread.

(edited by Anastasis.7258)

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I’ve already posted a balanced build that has maximum control, high damage and no loss of utility on the spvp forums. I’d suggest you guys try it out before knocking cc warriors for the bad builds people are running.

Phaatonn, London UK

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Velron.3729

I’ll have to take your build around for a spin. On paper I am not seeing the DPS, but GW2 isn’t played on paper.

It’s not a burst build but it puts out very good steady damage on a target while keeping them disabled most of the time. A target that gets down into the 50% range can easily get themselves instagibbed by the build. Skull Crack – Crushing Blow – Final Thrust – Tremor. All stunlock and can do over 14k damage in total.

Also gotta keep in mind its low crit but there’s +50% crit chance vs stunned and you’re constantly stunning people. I Final Thrust a necro for 7100 last night, not bad for how tanky I am.

I dunno what this person is talking about above as if there’s only 1 stun to land so your wad is blown if you miss it, false. 2 stuns, 1 daze, 1 knockdown all on short cooldowns. That’s a lot of stunning people, and you’re not limited to one target.

Nothing says I can’t use the full Adrenaline Skull Crack on someone else then continue to focus my other stuns on my main target, etc. So many options.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

don’t delete it.

Just play ele or guardian or mesmer for now.

someday warriors will be optimal in tpvp

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Velron.3729

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/How-to-counter-stun-locking-warriors/first#post2454597

When you know the counter to a gimmick it is really easy to avoid, I actually love fighting these useless warriors in SPVP.

Lobo is correct

Hahaha.

YES! Please start doing all of this!

They can’t use Dagger and Axe and also be a Staff/Scepter condi spammer. So yeah, please do the suggestions.

Can you imagine if all Necros swapped to stuff like this bc of stun warriors? That would mean stun warriors effectively crushed the current Necro condi spam meta and forced them to give it up. Win.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

yesterdary was too late so i tried the build today, exactly what i felt, a littel mosquito of the necro. that`s all. a small tanky one targeted cc er mixed with combat nurse.

-Excalibur.9748

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

warrior feels a bit weak in spvp still. there are a few gimick builds that do ok vs bads (skull cracker variants), and some of the longbow builds work ok.

In general you want to be an add on a fight and not a defender. You catch a guy worried about a thief and hop on him like an atomic bomb and its all good.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

galandor.1059

It’s not a burst build but it puts out very good steady damage on a target while keeping them disabled most of the time. A target that gets down into the 50% range can easily get themselves instagibbed by the build. Skull Crack – Crushing Blow – Final Thrust – Tremor. All stunlock and can do over 14k damage in total.

Also gotta keep in mind its low crit but there’s +50% crit chance vs stunned and you’re constantly stunning people. I Final Thrust a necro for 7100 last night, not bad for how tanky I am.

I dunno what this person is talking about above as if there’s only 1 stun to land so your wad is blown if you miss it, false. 2 stuns, 1 daze, 1 knockdown all on short cooldowns. That’s a lot of stunning people, and you’re not limited to one target.

Nothing says I can’t use the full Adrenaline Skull Crack on someone else then continue to focus my other stuns on my main target, etc. So many options.

Don’t get me wrong I think the build looks very interesting, and a very different take on the warrior class, which is why I like it. It differs from the usual mace+shield/GS builds, and that intrigues me. I will just have to play it to see how the DPS all comes together. I can imagine a high stability build ruining your day though with this build lol.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I have never really enjoyed using the Mace/Shield or mace builds, I;m more of a GS/LB or GS/Hammer type of player by default, either holding distance or using the mobility of hammer F1 and GS movement to stay on and punish a target. But with CC so easy to remove, and being the only way for a warrior to really stay on a target. It makes it incredibly frustrating simply because it takes soooo much more effort to do your role than other classes.

Most, if not all, other classes can deal enough damage or simply lock people down without nearly as much work put into actually achieving it.

As a staff necro I am completely baffled as to why and how so much utility is put onto a single weapon and given to one of the highest HP pool classes (aside from us warriors) with 1200 range…

when I play a thief I simply don’t understand why so much in-combat stealth and get-out-of-jail-free mobility skills can be used simultaneously and still deal crazy damage.

As a guardian I completely forget where my dodge button is because of the amounts of passive defense I have in protection, aegis and retaliation….I just spin2win

I haven’t delved into mesmer, so I cannot comment….but I can only imagine.

Engineer is kinda meh, but can pump out some decent burst out of absolutely nowhere….and 20 seconds of burning ticking for 700-1k a pop is always awesome…

Ranger I have not used anything other than regen ranger, but ive been on teams with a spirit ranger….kitten

Warriors, we get CC, and maybe a quick spike if you are packing frenzy and the enemy stands still. But that is all we have, we are kited like no tomorrow, chilled, crippled, immobilized, and pulled and pushed all over the place…and give up precious utility slots just to gain slight bits of stability or condition removal to try and deal with it.

Hopefully there is something in store for us in the future, but I am going to my alts for now.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Have you never played the warrior selfhealing weapons swap build? you can do some crazy heals while dealing quite some damage.

There’s a difference in people who want to find great build for their class and experiment. Then there’s those who want to whine because they can’t adapt.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Lobo is correct

Hahaha.

They can’t use Dagger and Axe and also be a Staff/Scepter condi spammer. So yeah, please do the suggestions.

Can you imagine if all Necros swapped to stuff like this bc of stun warriors? That would mean stun warriors effectively crushed the current Necro condi spam meta and forced them to give it up. Win.

My build does spam conditions, having 25 vulnerability hurts a lot, especially as a warrior.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

So much defektive sponsors(cheerleaders) here.

You are nothing special people stop trying to be someone in a game plz.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Jae.5138

wtf? LOL

yes watching someone’s stream and trying their build out makes me ‘trying to be someone in a game’

so if I found a build I liked, put my name on it, and if anyone tried that build, they’re trying to be me?

I think they have a special place in elementary schools for kids like you HAHA

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Jae.5138

The stun build is ‘ok’ but it is pretty much trash against a good necromancer.

I main a necro in SPVP and use Melandru Runes (-25% Stun/Condition Duration.) Along with many ways to just avoid CC.

There is one small problem with that build: No sustain, no area of effect carnage besides Mace ‘5’.

Sure you can stun someone, and stun someone, and stun someone… however what next?

Ever try doing that while trying to get to them, or fighting a bunch of minions or clones infront of you? Skull crack only hits one target, and your bound to hit them before me trying to catch up to me.

If it works, it is probably amazing, however the chance for it to work is slim at best, it is more of a gimmicky stun-lock build that is only good if your team completely builds around it and carrys you, sorry to say… a necromancer fear lock build could do it better. (and easier!)

You’re missing the point. The point isn’t to kill someone 1v1 with chain stuns. It’s to neutralize them and make them easy for picking in a group setting. That’s why this build is good for tPVP, a lot less so in hot joins.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Velron.3729

Lobo is correct

Hahaha.

My build does spam conditions, having 25 vulnerability hurts a lot, especially as a warrior.

Dagger/Axe both primarily a single target weapon. You’re missing the point. The point is shifting the gameplay away from AOE condi spam. That would make me happy.

And as it is right now…I get free kills on fotm staff/scepter Necros all day err day. It can adjust or continue, I’m fine either way.

(edited by Velron.3729)

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Velron.3729

Just so you know, being incredibly negative doesn’t make you look cool.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

galandor.1059

I have never really enjoyed using the Mace/Shield or mace builds, I;m more of a GS/LB or GS/Hammer type of player by default, either holding distance or using the mobility of hammer F1 and GS movement to stay on and punish a target. But with CC so easy to remove, and being the only way for a warrior to really stay on a target. It makes it incredibly frustrating simply because it takes soooo much more effort to do your role than other classes.

Most, if not all, other classes can deal enough damage or simply lock people down without nearly as much work put into actually achieving it.

As a staff necro I am completely baffled as to why and how so much utility is put onto a single weapon and given to one of the highest HP pool classes (aside from us warriors) with 1200 range…

when I play a thief I simply don’t understand why so much in-combat stealth and get-out-of-jail-free mobility skills can be used simultaneously and still deal crazy damage.

As a guardian I completely forget where my dodge button is because of the amounts of passive defense I have in protection, aegis and retaliation….I just spin2win

I haven’t delved into mesmer, so I cannot comment….but I can only imagine.

Engineer is kinda meh, but can pump out some decent burst out of absolutely nowhere….and 20 seconds of burning ticking for 700-1k a pop is always awesome…

Ranger I have not used anything other than regen ranger, but ive been on teams with a spirit ranger….kitten

Warriors, we get CC, and maybe a quick spike if you are packing frenzy and the enemy stands still. But that is all we have, we are kited like no tomorrow, chilled, crippled, immobilized, and pulled and pushed all over the place…and give up precious utility slots just to gain slight bits of stability or condition removal to try and deal with it.

Hopefully there is something in store for us in the future, but I am going to my alts for now.

You just gotta get better man. First few runs on my warrior, I was like man this class is pure garbage, it was a complete culture shock in switching from my Engi and Necro in which I could make a multitude of mistakes and not notice them because of the potency of those classes, to playing a Warrior, where one or two mistakes you might be able to survive, but any more than that and you are done. It has made me a much better player learning the warrior, and now I find the warrior to be loads of fun. The burst potential of the class mixed with the CC and sustain is something that I have not seen in any other class(except for the Necromancer which is due for a nerf soon). If I have any advice to you, my biggest problem I had when I was new to warrior was knowing when to put on the pressure, and when to lay back and play defensive. If you push in to kitten some enemies you will kill yourself, but if you play to defensive you will kill yourself. Once you learn this you will succeed.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

As a PvP warrior….is there anything that can be said here to make me want to continue? Or should I just delete it now and accept Anet cannot balance for kitten.

Warrior is quite weak in this game, I do agree, but there are some fun builds you can try in PvP.

Condition Build:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VtF-p;1VK;1e4ZL-60;9;5T-JJ;127A;108-59-KZV6;2TsW6TsW67FG

This is similar to what I currently use as a Warrior when running in PvP. You have some pretty unique combos you can pull off for high damage while being able to stack might decently. If done right, you can have around 14 stacks of might, which is around a extra 490 condition damage on top of your current 994. I am not saying this is the best, but it works well. Also, the swap into longbow 5 + poison sigil is pretty nice. The last big draw to this build would be the endurance regeneration and condition removal (and to a lesser extent boon generation).

I would suggest playing around with it to see how you like it.

Stun Build:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VtBxs;1VK;1e4ZL-60;9;499T-J1;03;0189;159-CwG2;2TsW6TsW68Rl

This is more of a duo build that works well as long as others are around to capitalize off of your stuns as you won’t be able to do much with them. Not near as much might, vigor, or damage output of the first build listed but you will be ale to stop someone cold for around 11 seconds if they don’t’ have stability.

Since this isn’t a guide thread I will not go into detail about the entire set up of pros/cons for the builds. I hope this helps and best of luck.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Whats with warriors being obsessed with Burst damage? Thats why there are so many bad ones in pvp/wvw. Thief s/d doesnt have anywhere near the burst damage d/d has but s/d owns people. Ive played along side some good hammer/mace and hammer/? warriors before and became a believer. I usually play Thief Mes or Ranger and ill say that Warriors these days are a lot more trouble than they used to be. I actually used to run past them and not bother, but I dunno they def arent bad at all. Not too long ago Rangers were considered the worst class and everyone laughed at them…

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

IDK why I keep coming up in these conversations.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Because youre worth talking about. Take it personally and enjoy it

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

maybe you should tell that fanboy jae of yours to self control abit on his fanboygasm.

-Excalibur.9748

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

It’s because, as far as the forums go, you stand out as a leader for the warrior community. I mean, you post guides, videos of warriors succeeding in a competitive environment, etc. Of course people will talk about you.

But, to the matter at hand:

Personally, I don’t like the current stunlock builds that are going around. I don’t like single target stuff, I don’t like mace, and I don’t like the typical lack of ranged weapons. I’ve been running a Hammer/Longbow shout-heal build with Soldier runes and Sigils of Energy with stability stance, plus a Cleric’s amulet, and have been having much more fun. I don’t mean to say that they’re bad, I mean stunlocking is awesome, but they really just aren’t my thing. Longbow gives me a ranged option (which I see as a necessity), both provide AoE capabilities (nothing says screw your team rez like Earthshaker combined with Hammer 4 XD), a called target lockdown (Bow 5, Hammer 5, Hammer burst), and all that healing power means I’m tanky as heck, AND can pop some burst healing in team fights, with a bit of vigor and bonus healing. I actually held a point for a full 30 seconds 3v1 once (I counted the shout cooldowns XD).

Still, I’m glad people are having fun with their warriors. It’s about time we started exploring what the class is capable of beyond burst damage. I still think we could see warriors become more popular soon, we just need to get more builds out there.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

It’s because, as far as the forums go, you stand out as a leader for the warrior community.

LOL leader…

Im pretty sure i have seen a lot better warriors in game that dosent come to put videos or guides because people smart enough wont give their builds, game tricks, if they did so then they are hurting themselves, they are more playing than pretending they are someone on a game.

That guy only wants attention thats all.

Ad even if we had some kind of ubber player that dosent change the fact that warriors are at the bottom of the food chain, just go try other classes and see for yourselves, if you were maining a warrior and then you switch to another class voila! you clearly sense a difference, a huge one.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Some people said warriors have viable builds. For non-tournament games….yes, but every other class have builds that are much more better then warrior. Simply…If you are good as warrior, you would be much more better as any different class.
And for tournaments? Why would i pick my warrior when i go tournaments with my guild, if i can pick my guardian or thief? Seriosly why would i do that?

(edited by daros.3407)

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Whats with warriors being obsessed with Burst damage? Thats why there are so many bad ones in pvp/wvw. Thief s/d doesnt have anywhere near the burst damage d/d has but s/d owns people. Ive played along side some good hammer/mace and hammer/? warriors before and became a believer. I usually play Thief Mes or Ranger and ill say that Warriors these days are a lot more trouble than they used to be. I actually used to run past them and not bother, but I dunno they def arent bad at all. Not too long ago Rangers were considered the worst class and everyone laughed at them…

Just a lot of bads on the warrior forums these days.

Attachments:

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

I want to quit too bro.
stunned a thief, he teleported 1200 range away……and stood there stunned for 2 seconds.
wtf.
this game sucks.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Velron.3729

It’s because, as far as the forums go, you stand out as a leader for the warrior community.

LOL leader…

Im pretty sure i have seen a lot better warriors in game that dosent come to put videos or guides because people smart enough wont give their builds, game tricks, if they did so then they are hurting themselves, they are more playing than pretending they are someone on a game.

That guy only wants attention thats all.

Ad even if we had some kind of ubber player that dosent change the fact that warriors are at the bottom of the food chain, just go try other classes and see for yourselves, if you were maining a warrior and then you switch to another class voila! you clearly sense a difference, a huge one.

More negative BS out of you.

False too. Only people insecure of their skill level would want to be as selfish as you suggest. Most great players I know absolutely want the most challenging fight possible and are not afraid to share their build.

Also trying to be top secret with your build in a game where all I have to do is spectate mode on you once to know the ins and outs is hilarious.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Velron.3729

I want to quit too bro.
stunned a thief, he teleported 1200 range away……and stood there stunned for 2 seconds.
wtf.
this game sucks.

Yeah this is a whole separate issue here. WHY do instant skills work while stunned when the definition of stun is unable to move or use skills? Feels broken.

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

I am appreciative of that to an extent.

What I don’t like however is how people are being hard headed when it comes to a particular build or playstyle.

If someone doesn’t like stun builds, then simply don’t play a stun build. Play Longbow, or GS, or hell even Axe.

A lot of people are comming in here and commentating on how ‘gimmicky’ a stun build is for tPvP. Well let me say this, have you played against top tier teams? Because if you havn’t noticed a lot of them them run cheesy comps. We’re talking double spirit ranger, double necro. Or triple Spirit Ranger, or Necro Necro Engi. If we have a playstyle that hard counters this cheesy meta then I would hope people take advantage of it for the first time instead of kittening and moaning that it’s not their preferred build.

My 2c.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

I am appreciative of that to an extent.

What I don’t like however is how people are being hard headed when it comes to a particular build or playstyle.

If someone doesn’t like stun builds, then simply don’t play a stun build. Play Longbow, or GS, or hell even Axe.

A lot of people are comming in here and commentating on how ‘gimmicky’ a stun build is for tPvP. Well let me say this, have you played against top tier teams? Because if you havn’t noticed a lot of them them run cheesy comps. We’re talking double spirit ranger, double necro. Or triple Spirit Ranger, or Necro Necro Engi. If we have a playstyle that hard counters this cheesy meta then I would hope people take advantage of it for the first time instead of kittening and moaning that it’s not their preferred build.

My 2c.

Translation; “Warriors should be happy playing their suboptimal builds, everyone that is complaining is a dum-dum”.

Anet shill.

If you don’t like it, then don’t play it.

No one is holding you down with a gun to your head screaming at you to play a CC build.

When you join a team that you want to stick with you quickly figure out what your strengths and weaknesses are. For us, we had plenty of spike, plenty of AoE and good bunkers. What we needed was a front line annoyance on the field. Generally this defaults to an Ele. Luckily I have a supportive team that has been pleasantly surprised with the front line capabilities of a CC Warrior. Likewise if we needed AoE then I would be playing a Longbow build.

If you feel that there’s a better way to play a Warrior at a high level, then I implore you to give it a try. Not for the sake of trying to be a kitten, but for the sake of the community and our position as a viable PvP class.

Otherwise your whining and moaning won’t garner you any bonus points around these parts.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

Translation; “Warriors should be happy playing their suboptimal builds, everyone that is complaining is a dum-dum”.

If you think any of what you said above is not whining, moaning or berating then you need to have someone shake the living hell of of you.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)

Ready to quit

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

How about you ADDRESS the quote instead of arbitrary dismissing it as “moaning” because you can’t deal with it?

Where’s the moaning? That I compare it to elementalist? That I accurately put up damage figures and crit percentages?

Come on, give me a break.

The problem is your being FAR from accurate.

In a Mace build mace isn’t your DPS! You simply use mace to get+50% crit chance.
So in actuality you’ll be sitting at almost 70% crit chance, higher if your team / you are bringing fury. Considering you have great reflexes and an understanding of frame mechanics you can apply that stun every 8 seconds, for a duration of 4 seconds. That’s a 50% uptime.

You mention being a mosquito against a mesmer / necromancer while they ‘molest’ your team.

A great teamfight will take advantage of removing an enemy player from a game. We run a thief, his achilles heel right now are necromancers and to a larger extent – burning. But he annihilates Mesmers. He doesn’t feel comfortable in a team fight trying to sit on a Mesmer if a Necromancer can have his way with him.

We fight a lot of teams that bring Necro / Mesmer. You know our counter? I sit on the necromancer essentially removing them from the fight, and our thief has his way with the mesmer. Bring in our necro and he can chain fear the mesmer or chain fear the necro I’m on so I can swap targets again.

It’s about working as a team, Ele’s bring AoE healing, some conditions and a little bit of burst. Warriors bring complete lockdowns of an opponent, an AoE res, stability stomps and decent damage. Different strokes for different teams, but each work in their own respect.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)