So where is that sustain we were promised?

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Soo…

I tried to ditch around with stats a bit:

with 1k healing power, our sustain is not high enough to make us play as a bunker.

655-755 HPS is nothing, even with vigor, dodges and condition removal. You are gonna get sliced up pretty fast.

So I was thinking: what about using heals over time in a non bunker build, as a side buff to our sustain?

I tried, and is almost unnoticeable unless you don’t play with longbow.

That may be the little dirty secret: you want to be sustainable? Don’t get hit. How not to get hit? First thing; go ranged.

So yeah, that way might end up finding some use for it, maybe. IMHO.

But the problem remains: you have to invest 30 points in tacticts. And at least 15 in defense. Putting something else elsewhere is kinda hard.

With 300 or 1500 Healing Power, we don’t really have any good heals to really make notice of that, and 750 HPS? That is like 1500 to other classes because we take so much more damage due to our complete lack of everything.

Regeneration is just better for other classes because they have less Health, more ways to avoid/decrease damage, so the heals even though lower are going to be a lot better and they have HIGHER healing… it doesn’t make any sense.

Incoming: Oh hes just spreading out lies/whining.

I don’t assure anything. Just saying that I think that if it doesn’t work that way, it probably won’t work at all.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Indomitable:
Each time you get a bar of adrenaline, you convert one condition into a boon. Blinds removed this way give Fury and Quickness.

This way, it cures things before they happen because its converting boons as soon as you get a bar.

Bleeding=3s Regeneration.
Burning=3s Regeneration.
Chilled=3s Swiftness.
Confusion=3s Retaliation.
Crippled=3s Swiftness.
Immobilized=3s Swiftness.
Poison=3s Regeneration.
Vulnerability =3s Protection.
Weakness=3s Protection.
Blind=3s Fury and 3s of Quickness.

(I don’t know how often it will be, but Warriors really need protection and blind-hate, tbh.)

i really dislike the idea of passive defenseinstead like protection

i really prefer more reactive counters and mobility instead

Mobility has a soft-cap of 33%, and we lack sustain and passive defense… this would fix that issue.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Indomitable:
Each time you get a bar of adrenaline, you convert one condition into a boon. Blinds removed this way give Fury and Quickness.

This way, it cures things before they happen because its converting boons as soon as you get a bar.

Burning=3s Regeneration.
Chilled=3s Swiftness.
Crippled=3s Swiftness.
Poison=3s Regeneration.
Weakness=3s Protection.

(I don’t know how often it will be, but Warriors really need protection and blind-hate, tbh.)

i really dislike the idea of passive defenseinstead like protection

i really prefer more reactive counters and mobility instead

Mobility has a soft-cap of 33%, and we lack sustain and passive defense… this would fix that issue.

mobility /= swiftness boon

mobily is short leaps and dodges

hiwever, evades is the speciality of the rangers

in Warrior

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Hes right, having more HP means crap in big team fights, it is who can avoid/out sustain those huge AOEs…

More health can be beneficial to builds utilizing the “X while under 50% health” effects from traits and/or food, but I tend to agree with that health isn’t too important in large scale battles. Small skirmishes and one-on-ones, however, are another story.

in Warrior

darkace.8925

I’ll put my thief’s ability to evade up against any that of any ranger.

in Warrior

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

i am not familar with a theif evades

i know they have evades traits but the only evade i know is daggar 3 and heal

the rest are teleports and leaps

in Warrior

darkace.8925

i am not familar with a theif evades

i know they have evades traits but the only evade i know is daggar 3 and heal

the rest are teleports and leaps

Feline Grace – Dodging returns some of the endurance used (15% return).
Vigorous Recovery – Gain vigor when using a healing skill (8 second duration).
Bountiful Theft – Stealing grants you and all nearby allies vigor for 15 seconds…

And just for fun…

Uncatchable – Leave behind caltrops when you dodge (four seconds of cripple, but small radius).

Then you add in the evasion provided by Death Blossom spam, each use costing 4 of the 12 (or 15 if traited) Initiative, and you’ve got the ability to dodge virtually nonstop.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Its will make any warrior cry

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

The funny thing is hes not even playing seriously, if he was serious he could probably kill 3 warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Indomitable:

Why are you sticking random Quickness there? Want some more base damage nerfs so that everyone not using the trait gets shafted?

And again, you would have to make exceptions with Healing Surge and Signet of Fury, not to mention nerf Furious and Sharpened Axes.

And by throwing in condition conversion, you also risk nerfing Quick Breathing or Warhorn.

Burning=3s Regeneration.
Chilled=3s Swiftness.
Crippled=3s Swiftness.
Poison=3s Regeneration.
Weakness=3s Protection.

Sorry pal, but that’s not how converting conditions works.

You can’t just handpick whichever conditions you think are useful and pretend that you’re a special snowflake. You have to do it like everyone else, which means:
Bleeding = Vigor
Burning = Aegis
Chilled = Swiftness
Confusion = Retaliation
Crippled = Swiftness
Immobilized = Swiftness
Poison = Regeneration
Vulnerability = Protection
Weakness = Might
Blind = Fury

in Warrior

Posted by: Wuflric Glacius.2078

Wuflric Glacius.2078

One more hit is one more bit of sustain. I have close to 30k health it all helps

Having high HP is more of a defense versus “burst” survival not sustainability.

Sustain, in this context, is the ability to mitigate/avoid/recover from damage constantly.

For example, if you’re taking 1000 damage per second, but able to evade/mitigate/heal 1200 per second, you’re sustainable. Obviously this isnt quite as “smooth” in an actual fight, but if you average out the DPS and HPS you can establish a general trend.

If you’re taking 1000 damage per second, but only able to evade/mit/heal say, 350 per second, you’re not sustainable. You’ll be losing 650 HP/second, meaning you have a finite lifespan. A 20k HP warrior would last about 30 seconds before his HP pool is depleted. A 30k HP warrior would last about 46 seconds.

This is why so many warriors go berserkers build. See, a 20k hp warrior will last 30 seconds (1000 DPS, with 350 HP/s sustain). By sacrificing what little defense they have zerkers can massively increase damage. Now they may survive only 24 seconds (1000 DPS with 150 HP/s sustain) but the damage they can do during that time is roughly DOUBLE. I am not exaggerating when I say double, either.

Being a berzerker is even more critical versus other classes and builds with powerful sustain. The longer the battle goes on, the more their sustain plays in, and they gain the upper hand. The faster you output DPS and end the battle, the less time they have to recover, and the better your chances are to win.

Using the above (highly fudged) numbers:
30 seconds as a PTV warrior, dealing 1000 DPS, you’ll deal 30k damage in your lifespan, and give the opponent 30 seconds worth of utilizing their sustain.

24 seconds as a Zerk warrior, dealing almost double, say 1800 DPS, you’ll get 43.2k DPS, and give your opponent 24 seconds worth of using sustain.

You’re far more likely to win a 1v1 fight against a sustain class as a Zerker, than a PVT. And against a glass build, you’re on about even terms with either build really, it’ll come down to skill levels and who jumped who.

Now, Sustain does not need to mean OP self heals.
Yes, Guards and Ele’s often mitigate more directly, using protection and powerful self heals. But Thieves accomplish this by being invisible, and difficult to hit often. Mes’s use kiting vs melee, projectile walls, clones, invis, etc.

Thank you. That explanation actually answers a lot for me. No sarcasm I’m being honest. Kinda had sustain confused with a classic tank style.

My set up wouldn’t be half a glass cannon, more about 2/3 of the damage but with much more survivability.

But would warhorn still bee viable to add some sustain to a build or is the trait too far out of the way to be worth it?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Indomitable:

Why are you sticking random Quickness there? Want some more base damage nerfs so that everyone not using the trait gets shafted?

And again, you would have to make exceptions with Healing Surge and Signet of Fury, not to mention nerf Furious and Sharpened Axes.

And by throwing in condition conversion, you also risk nerfing Quick Breathing or Warhorn.

Burning=3s Regeneration.
Chilled=3s Swiftness.
Crippled=3s Swiftness.
Poison=3s Regeneration.
Weakness=3s Protection.

You can’t just handpick whichever conditions you think are useful and pretend that you’re a special snowflake. You have to do it like everyone else, which means:
Bleeding = Vigor
Burning = Aegis
Chilled = Swiftness
Confusion = Retaliation
Crippled = Swiftness
Immobilized = Swiftness
Poison = Regeneration
Weakness = Might
Blind = Fury

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Contemplation_of_Purity converts them differently then those actually. There is no “Conversion Chart”.

You can make them different. Warrior should not get vigor/aegis easy.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Indomitable:

Burning=3s Regeneration.
Chilled=3s Swiftness.
Crippled=3s Swiftness.
Poison=3s Regeneration.
Weakness=3s Protection.

Bleeding = Vigor
Burning = Aegis
Chilled = Swiftness
Confusion = Retaliation
Crippled = Swiftness
Immobilized = Swiftness
Poison = Regeneration
Weakness = Might
Blind = Fury

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Contemplation_of_Purity converts them differently then those actually. There is no “Conversion Chart”.

You can make them different. Warrior should not get vigor/aegis easy.

When it comes to vigor I disagree. Many classes get it nigh permanently (ele, mesmer, engineer) or get traits that regen the bar or reduce cost (thief, ranger, engineer). You are right about aegis though.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Yes, but Vigor is what makes the Warhorn special. I would focus this trait to be more about the defensive values rather then the evades, I feel that the warrior should be tanking damage, not rolling through it (less they have a warhorn.).

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Yes, but Vigor is what makes the Warhorn special. I would focus this trait to be more about the defensive values rather then the evades, I feel that the warrior should be tanking damage, not rolling through it (less they have a warhorn.).

I’ll ask again, in case you missed it:

Why the addition of Quickness when converting Blinds?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Blind-Hate, one class needs something that counters blinds, if it does convert a blind which wouldn’t always be, it should severely punish the enemy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Also if you have blind on you you aren’t HITTING anybody so you aren’t gaining adrenaline from attacking, that only leaves being setup to get adrenaline from taking hits or from using surge(which would sacrifice some of the heals capabilities)/fury signet/berserker’s stance. It would usually be a special case to fill a bar while you have blind.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Blind-Hate, one class needs something that counters blinds, if it does convert a blind which wouldn’t always be, it should severely punish the enemy.

The problem is that it could cause some issues with multi hit skills or auto-attack chains, especially MH Axe auto-attack and Flurry.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I think the guy trying to take credit for Ranger nerfs is funny. lol

Best response is still sustaining the fail.

I created the BM Bunker Build, BM Bunker in TPvP is why Rangers got nerfed hard this patch, thus i’m partly responsible for it.

I’m sure in the millions of people playing this game, you just happen to be the absolute first person to make a BM build. Sorry, but even I tried something similar, though slightly less tanky like 6-8 months ago. It even used s/d a/t, but was higher DPS than BM. Sorry, but you aren’t the first by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe you popularized BM, but that is about all you can take credit for (if you even did that).

Lets see

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Thoughts-on-my-World-vs-World-Ranger-Build-i-ve-been-running/first#post608398

That’s 8 month’s ago… you didn’t mention your build till 7 months ago.

So yes, I created the build. It wasn’t the first BM Build (I ran 30 Skirmish/30 Beast for a long while for example)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-feels-off-like-it-is-missing-stuff/first#post273660

But it was the first BM Bunker Build, which was designed entirely around Pain Inverter, (Apothecary really add the oomph to the Bunker Part, and I was the one who posted about it as well

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Anyone-else-tempted-to-get-Apoth-Gear/first#post812400

I actually ended up getting it fairly soon after it was added, Think within 3 or 4 days.

If you go and ask most of the well known rangers right now on the Forums who created BM Bunker, They’ll say my name.

So yea…I can back up what I say with actual posts..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Those were some truly terrible warriors. That is all.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I still don’t see it. Tbh.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Those were some truly terrible warriors. That is all.

That’s not even sustain!

Did you see? His HP dropped an never came back up. He was just a punching bag!

in Warrior

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

We were promised sustain and new ways of spending adrenaline.

Actually, If Anet delivers, I think warrior will be fixed.

Just make adrenal health be per second instead of every 3 seconds, and make it scale better with healing power.
Give us ways of spending adrenaline with heals. For example, change one of our heals to stack charges on adrenaline bars, and every time we press it, we get a burst heal (1-2k), after we use it 3 times, give it a cool down. Make it scale well with healing power. Or better, put that in a F2 skill slot, and don’t change a heal.

Also, PLEASE, Anet, you promised to improve signet of healing, it does NOT need a cooldown reduction, it needs to passive heal for more, that’s it. Make it scale well with healing power.

Of course we should not be bunkers in full zerker specs, but if I want to survive more, I should have the option to put some clerics or apothecary gear and improve my sustain. Remember Anet, you made this game to offer choices, that’s what you advertised, and that’s what we want. Not OP classes, just customizable to the player style, and be balanced.

@Daecollo: Please, don’t bash me.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Adrenal Health scales for adrenaline stages, which means we will have less and less since it fluctuates so much. It should be per strike of adrenaline.

I also agree with everything else above. Except needing healing power for sustain. Other classes don’t need 1500 HP to survive, it should be an option. Not a requirement, hehe.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

That’s not even sustain!

Did you see? His HP dropped an never came back up. He was just a punching bag!

You mean the thief right? Yeah his HP was <50% the entire video. Also just wanted to point out that those warriors only dodge rolled to get closer to the thief when he would shadow step rather than, you know, dodging his attacks. Bads gonna bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

I thought you were going to just go play your guard; yet here you are, continuing to post. Seems like you only want to have 1-sided conversations as opposed to a constructive discussion.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Thank you. That explanation actually answers a lot for me. No sarcasm I’m being honest. Kinda had sustain confused with a classic tank style.

My set up wouldn’t be half a glass cannon, more about 2/3 of the damage but with much more survivability.

But would warhorn still bee viable to add some sustain to a build or is the trait too far out of the way to be worth it?

Glad to help.

Warhorn can add a TINY amount of sustain. #5 adds weakness which can reduce damage, vigor improve dodge frequency, and with the trait you can convert conditions. But overall, the effects will be quite small.

But currently there’s only 1 way for a warrior to notably improve their sustain, and that’s by going 30 points into Tactics and Defense, while stacking +healing power.

You can go shout healing using Shake it Off, On my Mark, FGJ, or you can go Banner/Regen build. Both will add roughly ~350 HP/s if you run full clerics build, along with a more potent #6 heal.

But you give up so much for sustain, it becomes pointless to have it. And there’s no real middle ground where you can give up SOME damage for SOME sustain, it’s pretty much all or nothing.

So while there is a means to get warrior sustain, relative to the other classes, the warrior has to give up far too much to get some sustain. You’ll probably never be able to kill anyone.

A “bunker” (pure defense+sustain) ele, or guardian has much better sustain than a “bunker” warrior. And they all output about the same damage.

A hybrid ele or guardian has the same damage as a hybrid warrior, but far better sustain. And other class hybrid builds have the same sustain, but better damage.

However our Glass builds are great. A Zerker warrior can wreck faces just as hard as, and some would argue even harder, than any other zerker class. And since all zerker builds regardless of class, have poor sustain and thus a finite lifespan when taking damage, the lack of warrior sustain is not a big deal, and the bonus of high base HP helps extend that finite lifespan.

And that’s why you see such a huge number or Zerker warriors running around, whereas with our fellow heavy armor class Guardian, you see a wider variety of builds, from bunkers, to hybrids, supports, and zerkers.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

A Full Hybrid-DPS Guardian has better sustain then a full bunker warrior.

But a full bunker warrior only has 1/5 the damage of a Hybrid-DPS and 1/2 the survivability.

This is why i’m concerned, we simply don’t have the boons or the damage reduction. Toughness goes on diminishing returns and becomes bad.

in Warrior

docMed.7692

But a full bunker warrior only has 1/5 the damage of a Hybrid-DPS and 1/2 the survivability.

This is why i’m concerned, we simply don’t have the boons or the damage reduction. Toughness goes on diminishing returns and becomes bad.

Educate me again on exactly where you fall in the spectrum of competitive pvp? Do you have a 5 man team you run constantly with and/or experience on multiple prof’s (i.e. tourny wins on all of them), high ladder rank and/or actual number’s crunched to support your claims? Or is this all just your opinion based on your experience?

I agree a guardian is always a better choice to bunk over warrior (we could certainly use a buff here), but when it comes to hybrid builds, warriors can certainly fill roaming/support roles quite well. They still lack in the ability to be overly offensive as well (just like a few other professions) and could use a little more survivability for this style of play.

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I think the great disadvanges of Warriors relative to ohters classes are:

*No easy and frequently access to defensive boons, principally protection.
*No active summoners for distract, interrupt, transfer dmg or conditions, attack or protect like live sheld.
*No utility skills that avoids take damage like stealth, teleport, invulnerability, shelds, tec…
*No boon/condition reaper/canceling/transfer.
*No heal.
*High cost low reward skills and traits.
*Useless traist (ex: Reckless Dodge. what the hell are that? A fart? That trait would be gain 5 stacks of adrenaline on dodge, or recover some hp on dodge).

This is some of several problem of warrior.

in Warrior

Dand.8231

1/5th the damage? 1/2 survival? No.

Your points are valid but not to such extremes. This is why no one takes you seriously.

Stop exaggerating. You’re not helping yourself or your cause.

in Warrior

docMed.7692

1/5th the damage? 1/2 survival? No.

Your points are valid but not to such extremes. This is why no one takes you seriously.

Stop exaggerating. You’re not helping yourself or your cause.

Agreed; hit the nail on the head.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Listen to me well, this is how to fix the Warrior Class, these will be ridiculous because that is pretty much what we need to counter the complete fail we have as a class. We currently take much more damage then every other class due to the fact we have no get out of jail free cards, no stealth, poor condition removal, vulnerability to conditions, no evades, no free blocks, and last but not least, no protection or damage reduction.

I am tired of having to hold the hands of other classes, and I will be blunt I feel like Anet has done nothing to help us, in fact they just made us worse by not being able to see the picture: We are in melee taking all that glorious AOE damage you whined about awile ago and didn’t fix, not in range with protection and sustain taking piddle damage.

Lets start by looking at our heals.

Bolster (Cooldown: 25)
Gain protection and adrenaline. Cures burning, poison, and bleeding.
Healing: 8,780 (2.0)?
Protection: 4 s
Adrenaline: 30

(This skill is based off of Hide in Shadows)

Signet of Sustain (Cooldown: 20)
Passive: Grants regeneration.
Active: Heal yourself.
Healing Signet: 450 (0.2) heal per sec
Healing: 9,275 (2.0) then lose 450 health every second for 10 seconds.

Mend Wounds (Cooldown: 15)
Heal and cure a condition for allies. This skill is a physical skill.
Healing: 4,240 (2.0)
Heal per condition cured for each allie: 724 (0.2)
Range: 900

Lets look at our traits.

Defense Tree

- Remove Thick Skin.
Replace with: Blind Rage: Missing an attack while blinded cures blind, blind cured this way gives 5 seconds of retaliation. (So its how it was before, except we gain retaliation when we miss.)

- Cleansing Ire: Make it cure you as you gain a bar of adrenaline instead of when it drains. Also gain 2 seconds of regeneration when you cure a condition. This would make it cure more when you need it and less when you don’t need it, aka as soon as your going to burst.

- Cull the Weak: Weakness you apply last 50% longer. Increases damage to weakened foes by 5%. (I could say this could be 25% too.)

- Sure Footed: Increases Stance Duration by 25%. Reduces cool-down of stance skills by 20%. When a stance ends gain 4 seconds of protection.

- Spiked Armor: Gain 5 seconds of Protection and Retaliation when struck with a hit that takes more then 10% of your life. (Cooldown: 10)

- Adrenal Health: Gain health when you gain a strike of adrenaline.
(At level 80, the amount healed per strike is 92 + 0.075 * Healing Power.)

Tactics Tree

- Remove Determined Revival:
Replace with: Determination: Increases all healing the warrior receives by 15%.

- Remove Fast Healer:
Replace with: Death Watch: Increases revive speed by 15%, healing skills reset while reviving. (Cooldown: 60s)

- Remove Reviver’s Might:
Replace with: Fierce Commander: Utility skills heal the warrior for 50% more. In addition, your allies gain might for 15 seconds every 3 seconds, as long as you are holding a banner.

That is all i’m touching, I feel this would give us the sustain and healing traits we need to survive in SPvP, each one is calculated against what other classes receive for traits and I believe that they are fair.

To this above few posters: Your posts are not helping as well, you offer no feedback besides complains about my feedback telling me I don’t play the best so my opinions do not matter. Your elitism won’t get in the way of my helping this class.

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Dand.8231

To this above few posters: Your posts are not helping as well, you offer no feedback besides complains about my feedback telling me I don’t play the best so my opinions do not matter. Your elitism won’t get in the way of my helping this class.

My feedback, was simply that you exaggerate to absurd extremes, and that’s why no one takes you seriously.

Do you have a persecution complex?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

My feedback, was simply that you exaggerate to absurd extremes, and that’s why no one takes you seriously.

Perhaps I do, however we need more sustain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

just ran into another perma blind thief kitten YOU ARENA NET kitten YOUR KIN

in Warrior

Dand.8231

however we need more sustain.

Well at least we agree on something.

I think even more frustrating than not having sustain, is the wealth of great ideas on this forum that could potentially provide meaningful improvements… being unused and wasted.

I’m sure others have said this, but the Warrior class is a class that seems to have been designed primarily with PvE in mind.

Lots of long cast time/animations, easily telegraphed moves, our most powerful attack (100b) is a self root, lousy condition clear (before cleansing ire, though some would argue even after), and lousy sustain.

None of this really comes into play, when fighting PvE mobs All that matters is DPS and having enough brainpower to press dodge when you’re standing in a ring.

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

You warriors are aware you only get substain when you actually gear for it right?

Maybe you should go back to being carried by your class and clear the thread for people who know the class?

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

It doesn’t matter. How many of your suggestions or is were taken by Arena net? They never bother reading the forums -contrary to what they claim- so why bother.

in Warrior

Dand.8231

It doesn’t matter. How many of your suggestions or is were taken by Arena net? They never bother reading the forums -contrary to what they claim- so why bother.

Touchè.

And yet, doesn’t mean we should create anarchy by running around screaming about the sky falling.

Clear concise posts about problems and potential fixes?
vs
Outrageous and overblown claims of class inferiority?

If they do in fact read the forums, which are they more likely to take seriously?