Spellbreaker leaked elite spec discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: koniallis.4736

koniallis.4736

If you haven’t seen the article with the leaks, it’s here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/53d21c/what_might_come_in_expansion_2//

Of course this is a “leak” so we can’t be sure how accurate it is or even if it will stay the same all the way to release (probably not). Nevertheless i think a simple discussion about it would be good.

My main concern with this is the weapon chosen for the specialization. Not the fact that it’s a dagger, but instead that it’s supposedly dagger/dagger. That could mean 2 things. One you will be able to equip dagger in either main hand or off hand or both if you so choose (which would be fine actually), or two you are only able to equip 2 daggers without the ability to switch for different builds (less likely).

The second option of course is obviously just wrong since that would go completely against what weapons are in Gw2.
The first one, the only objection i might have is the main hand dagger is cosmetic. Not at the fact that the character would be holding the dagger in the main hand and some other bigger weapon on the off hand no(the character could just be a lefty) but the fact that the auto attack would be with the dagger instead of the bigger weapon. That would just look awkward.

My suggestion would be to make dagger off hand and give it theifs dual wield mechanic. that way you get the 2 new skills in the off-hand slots and the 3rd depending on the main hand weapon. Since the warrior has only 3 main hand weapons, sword, axe and mace, it would only need three additional skills which is the same number as the skills that would need to be made for main hand dagger so it would be possible without too much work.

What are your ideas or concerns about this possible next elite spec for warrior?

(edited by koniallis.4736)

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I don’t have any concerns, personally. Could be a good addition, especially if it provides short-medium ranged options.

I also think it’s a safe bet that it would function like all of our one handed weapons, in that you could equip in either our both hands. I just don’t see then developing a new mechanic for it. Similarly, I don’t see them importing the thief mechanic to warrior that you’re hoping for.

In terms of your cosmetic concern, I don’t think it would have to look that awkward. It would largely depend on the function that gets assigned to it, but the animation could be done well enough, imo.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Internet rumors aren’t worth the paper they’re written on.

~EW

in Warrior

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

It’s hard to believe that Anet will grant 2 weapons to 1 elite spec. It’s even harder granted the fact that the warrior already own a lot of weapons and giving him 2 one handed weapons at the same time would only hinder anet possibilities for new E-spec.

Honestly, a guess for a 1 handed dagger for ranger, labelled “spellbreaker” is thousand time more likely than a double dagger E-spec on a warrior.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Warrior

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

I like the sound of it. As weapons get added it means less for warriors as its part of our core mechanic. If we get double daggers its a good twist to make it more interesting, having said that torch not being an offhand for dual weapons was balls, so lets hope its integrated. Plus we need an alternative to berserk if we tag. its to selfish.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I think more and more that weapons should be separated from their elite specialization. Just thinking about my berserker, I don’t even use the torch, just the new F2.

Also, dagger would be borderline fitting for a warrior’s elite spec to be completely based on, but it’s still OK. (In the middle ages warriors did carry little daggers in battles to finish off armored enemies.) In 2 expansions though when we get wand or pistol because that’s what’s left to give us, I don’t want the whole elite specialization to be based on them.

Separating the new weapons from the elite spec allows the devs to create new elite specs that can be optimized for all warrior weapons, including the iconic ones like the shield and the 2h sword, while still adding some extra weapon options to the class.

Not gonna comment on the leak’s details, but I wouldn’t mind an elite specialization that contrasts with the berserkers’ themes. Something that invokes the discipline of a warrior rather than it’s wrath, like “Knight” or “Champion.” I like the former since we could get a summon war pony elite skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: VocalThought.9835

VocalThought.9835

I think the elite Spec should be “Slayer” which, like the leak specialization in mobility and uses of the Dagger, but in the off hand. I can see their elite mech. being that they gain quickness and swiftness for a duration for each bar of adrenaline when they press F2.

I think they should be Thief influenced and having Tricks. One skill would be use would snare and pull their opponents. Another skill that you use would be like a “Impactful Strike”, but the first hit will taunt your opponent, the second strike will stun enemies in the area if it hits your opponent, and the third strike (if it finishes you opponent) will cause other enemies to run in fear.