[Suggestion] Warrior Balance

in Warrior

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

1: I disagree with changing the greatsword’s primal burst to a condi-based attack. GS is in all other respects designed as a power weapon, and thus the change doesn’t make a whole lot of sense synergy-wise.

The damage from this scales from power and is not affected by condition damage stat. (.1 power * 316 per second at level 80 for 10 seconds). I removed the condition damage phrase from the notes to avoid confusion. Thanks for bring that to my attention.

2: You have Signet Mastery set to proc when an attack is negated by blind, block, or evade. The problem comes from the fact that signet of might only actually helps against one of those, and thus the proc is incredibly likely to be wasted early in the fight.

This is true, but isn’t much different from how it is now. You hit a foe below a health threshold and instantly cast signet of might- and the foe might not even be blocking or have access to blocks for that matter. I like the idea of giving the opponents of the warrior chances to read out the warrior’s build and exploit the warrior’s weaknesses. If this becomes a problem, I could reduce the ICD back to 20 seconds.

3: I appreciate the general changes to banners, though I don’t think the GM trait you’ve given them is going to help all that much. Why? Because the protection requires that you hold onto the banner for a full ten seconds first, and unless I’m really underestimating the boost to the held skills, that’s a hefty requirement. Also, while -potentially- useful I don’t see the damage on summon as being all that helpful in general. I’d personally rather just have regen/CD reduction/radius increase.

I added that 10 second requirement because yes, protection is very strong on the warrior if the warrior also has access to the reworked defy pain, spiked armor, and berserker eternal champion trait. This is what happens in sum with all the traits combined:

• 33% damage reduction
  • 300 toughness whenever you have retaliation
  • Negate attacks that deal more than 10% of your health for a second (15s cd)
  • 15% damage reduction from eternal champion

If the warrior chooses to run banner with all this, you can imagine how ridiculously sustainable the warrior will become. (48% damage reduction + 300 toughness)

In fact, I have mixed feelings about this- I kinda want to nerf it more because it’s potentially broken. I added a caveat that players will now drop the banner whenever the player carrying the banner is CC’d, but yeah. All speculation at this point.

4: A buff to merciless hammer is very much needed; however, I feel this goes a bit overboard. Corrupting prot and stripping stability on hammer swings would either be useless against some enemies or absolutely -broken- against others that rely on those boons.

I’ve been back and forth on this trait as well, and yeah you do bring up a good point. How about stability strip and corruption of protection only on the 3rd attack of the hammer auto attack? gives players time to evade that last telegraphed attack if necessary.

5: I absolutely approve of the changes to “Fear Me!” A taunt is much more useful to warriors and something we really don’t get enough access to. My only gripe? The name: I’d rather not have my fantasy warrior in full plate yelling “Come at me bro!” Would ideally change to something a bit more lore-fitting.

Yeah, it’s tongue in cheek though. Maybe “Fight me”?

6: The changes to frenzy make it too much a reactive rather than a proactive skill. You have to be both at low health AND use it to break a stun to get full mileage out of it. Frenzy ought to be, in my opinion, a skill used offensively to help land or maximize your burst, not something that only works under precise circumstances.

Yeah, I’m not quite sure on what to do with this. The quickness is nice, but it’s just not as useful as it used to be due to the nerfs on reviving and finishing downed players. On the other hand, this utility skill looks pretty nice (on paper) as a trump card when you get cornered.

I appreciate you adding your comments, it allows me to refine these suggestions more. Please feel free to share more thoughts with me as you find something else.

in Warrior

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

With regards to the banner trait- I see your point, though I think changing it to a less powerful but more immediately useful effect would be preferable- that way you don’t have to camp your banners to get full benefit from the trait, but it doesn’t give too much extra sustain. Maybe a very small pulsing heal on top of regen? Ticking small group might stacks? Unless your intent was for this trait to be used primarily by someone trying to go full bunker, in which case the current design functions fine. I’m just of the opinion that traits should be a generally useful buff to the relevant skills and not require very limited circumstances to help.

As for the hammer, yes, proccing only on the third swing might work out pretty well. It would be more powerful- if more limited- than necro scepter corrupt, but on a slower weapon it probably evens out. Maybe remove the adrenaline requirement in trade.

On Signet Mastery: why not just make it trigger on a block? I understand the idea of letting people figure out the warrior’s build and play around it, my problem is that whether or not they actually -do- that the skill has a far too high chance of whiffing. At least with the on hit below 50% hp trigger there’s a fair chance of cutting off a rev or DH’s panic block. I can’t think, off the top of my head, of any other trait proc in game that has such a large chance of doing absolutely nothing as either version of this trait.

On Frenzy: I actually like the current functionality of the skill. If it needs a buff, maybe just adjust the numbers a bit? Or give it swiftness and/or superspeed to help catch people to take advantage of few seconds it’s up? Otherwise, I can’t offer much in the way of suggestions.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

With regards to the banner trait- I see your point, though I think changing it to a less powerful but more immediately useful effect would be preferable- that way you don’t have to camp your banners to get full benefit from the trait, but it doesn’t give too much extra sustain. Maybe a very small pulsing heal on top of regen? Ticking small group might stacks? Unless your intent was for this trait to be used primarily by someone trying to go full bunker, in which case the current design functions fine. I’m just of the opinion that traits should be a generally useful buff to the relevant skills and not require very limited circumstances to help.

As for the hammer, yes, proccing only on the third swing might work out pretty well. It would be more powerful- if more limited- than necro scepter corrupt, but on a slower weapon it probably evens out. Maybe remove the adrenaline requirement in trade.

On Signet Mastery: why not just make it trigger on a block? I understand the idea of letting people figure out the warrior’s build and play around it, my problem is that whether or not they actually -do- that the skill has a far too high chance of whiffing. At least with the on hit below 50% hp trigger there’s a fair chance of cutting off a rev or DH’s panic block. I can’t think, off the top of my head, of any other trait proc in game that has such a large chance of doing absolutely nothing as either version of this trait.

On Frenzy: I actually like the current functionality of the skill. If it needs a buff, maybe just adjust the numbers a bit? Or give it swiftness and/or superspeed to help catch people to take advantage of few seconds it’s up? Otherwise, I can’t offer much in the way of suggestions.

Hey, could you do me a favor? Add these comments into the spreadsheet. They’re all good idea and I’d like others to discuss on these ideas further.

also unrelated, but I’m having second thoughts about the proposed change to killshot, eviscerate, and decapitate.

It uses a unique damage formula that doesn’t consider armor or power, which imo can be game breaking. It will become a reason NOT to build a power based warrior and still pump out insane damage..

so yeah. I need a new damage formula.

edit/ made a new formula.

(edited by TheBravery.9615)

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

I agree with some of the trait buffs, but you mixed in way too many nerfs in attempt to balance them out.

Also, regarding weapon skills, this has been mentioned before, but making Axe 5 a knockback and nerfing the whirl finisher to 20% is pure madness. The entire point of the skill is to proc as many crits (and related effects) and whirl finishers as possible. It certainly isn’t the damage (we all know Axe 1 is superior in that department). If anything, Axe 5 should become a pulsing pull field like Gravity Well to suck enemies into it.

The nerfs you call for on skills like Gunflame are unconscionable. The projectile velocity boost is the main reason the skill actually connects with the target, and the reason why nobody even attempts to use vanilla Killshot seriously anymore.

I like a lot of your trait recommendations, but on the weapon skills, the fact that you have to invent new conditions (that don’t even follow normal condition rules) and new effects like “true damage” probably reveals some fundamental problems with the game as a whole, rather than just the Warrior profession.

Thanks for your comment

I would be interested to know what nerfs are unnecessary.

The idea on a pulling axe 5 is actually not a bad idea. I like it, and made a change to it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Gunflame had everything, range, velocity, short cast time, power, conditions, aoe effects, control, and almost no telegraph to warn players they’re about to get sniped. The design of it screamed poor game balance, so something had to give. What do you suggest to make this more balanced?

Yes, you are true about your last part of your comment. Quite frankly, this game is a balance nightmare.

Thanks for replying to our suggestions and for running an excellent discussion.

I understand you have to nerf some items to compensate for large buffs, but some struck me as unnecessary.

I really like your suggested changes to traits like Peak Performance and Signet Mastery, and I think you balanced them well in light of the buffs received. Also, the suggested buff to Crack Shot (increase range of rifle attacks) would actually convince me to take the trait.

But the nerf to Death from Above? I don’t see it as necessary for PvP or WvW, because of the very situational application of the trait. It never gets used in PvP, and seldom in WvW… usually just as a troll trait when jumping off a keep/tower wall onto some invaders. I can see how it becomes more powerful in PvE with gliding now, but even then it is a pretty situational trait to nerf.

Removing vuln on Sundering Mace? Not a huge nerf, but I didn’t think it was necessary because mace isn’t a dps weapon to begin with. Every little bit of dps helps it out.

A few of these small nerfs seemed unnecessary, because some traits are so weak that you can buff them without needing a balancing nerf, and they will still be relatively undesireable. Overall though, I think you did a good job on the traits.

You’re right about Gunflame being relatively powerful. It’s a reaction to Killshot being so useless in PvP and WvW. At this point I only use vanilla Killshot to try to finish off downed opponents from range. It’s hard to suggest something that would balance it without making it as useless as Killshot. I think a cooldown increase would work, but that would violate the Berserker primal burst concept. Removing the daze would also help. But removing the velocity increase defeats the purpose of Gunflame, imo.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

I agree with some of the trait buffs, but you mixed in way too many nerfs in attempt to balance them out.

Also, regarding weapon skills, this has been mentioned before, but making Axe 5 a knockback and nerfing the whirl finisher to 20% is pure madness. The entire point of the skill is to proc as many crits (and related effects) and whirl finishers as possible. It certainly isn’t the damage (we all know Axe 1 is superior in that department). If anything, Axe 5 should become a pulsing pull field like Gravity Well to suck enemies into it.

The nerfs you call for on skills like Gunflame are unconscionable. The projectile velocity boost is the main reason the skill actually connects with the target, and the reason why nobody even attempts to use vanilla Killshot seriously anymore.

I like a lot of your trait recommendations, but on the weapon skills, the fact that you have to invent new conditions (that don’t even follow normal condition rules) and new effects like “true damage” probably reveals some fundamental problems with the game as a whole, rather than just the Warrior profession.

Thanks for your comment

I would be interested to know what nerfs are unnecessary.

The idea on a pulling axe 5 is actually not a bad idea. I like it, and made a change to it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Gunflame had everything, range, velocity, short cast time, power, conditions, aoe effects, control, and almost no telegraph to warn players they’re about to get sniped. The design of it screamed poor game balance, so something had to give. What do you suggest to make this more balanced?

Yes, you are true about your last part of your comment. Quite frankly, this game is a balance nightmare.

Thanks for replying to our suggestions and for running an excellent discussion.

I understand you have to nerf some items to compensate for large buffs, but some struck me as unnecessary.

I really like your suggested changes to traits like Peak Performance and Signet Mastery, and I think you balanced them well in light of the buffs received. Also, the suggested buff to Crack Shot (increase range of rifle attacks) would actually convince me to take the trait.

But the nerf to Death from Above? I don’t see it as necessary for PvP or WvW, because of the very situational application of the trait. It never gets used in PvP, and seldom in WvW… usually just as a troll trait when jumping off a keep/tower wall onto some invaders. I can see how it becomes more powerful in PvE with gliding now, but even then it is a pretty situational trait to nerf.

Removing vuln on Sundering Mace? Not a huge nerf, but I didn’t think it was necessary because mace isn’t a dps weapon to begin with. Every little bit of dps helps it out.

A few of these small nerfs seemed unnecessary, because some traits are so weak that you can buff them without needing a balancing nerf, and they will still be relatively undesireable. Overall though, I think you did a good job on the traits.

You’re right about Gunflame being relatively powerful. It’s a reaction to Killshot being so useless in PvP and WvW. At this point I only use vanilla Killshot to try to finish off downed opponents from range. It’s hard to suggest something that would balance it without making it as useless as Killshot. I think a cooldown increase would work, but that would violate the Berserker primal burst concept. Removing the daze would also help. But removing the velocity increase defeats the purpose of Gunflame, imo.

The nerf to death from above came from my consideration of other profession’s falling damage traits. It’s the only one that’s unblockable, has CC, and deals damage second to grenade barrage, with a much shorter internal cooldown. The closest comparable falling damage effect would be elementalist’s falling damage trait while using earth attunement, and even then, it deals less damage and isn’t unblockable.

Here’s something for your viewing pleasure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wmgBjIBdAA (well that was years ago and it’s no longer replicable due to the ICD addition. Just thought it would be something you guys would think is funny)

I’ll revert the damage nerf, but keep the removed unblockable property nerf. I don’t want to suggest that the other professions buff their falling damage trait because power creep is rampant in the recent gw2 balance patches.

I can see how defy pain will still overshadow sundering mace.. I’ll bring back the vulnerability but change the mechanic of how it procs. Let me know what you think.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

2: You have Signet Mastery set to proc when an attack is negated by blind, block, or evade. The problem comes from the fact that signet of might only actually helps against one of those, and thus the proc is incredibly likely to be wasted early in the fight.

3: I appreciate the general changes to banners, though I don’t think the GM trait you’ve given them is going to help all that much. Why? Because the protection requires that you hold onto the banner for a full ten seconds first, and unless I’m really underestimating the boost to the held skills, that’s a hefty requirement. Also, while -potentially- useful I don’t see the damage on summon as being all that helpful in general. I’d personally rather just have regen/CD reduction/radius increase.

4: A buff to merciless hammer is very much needed; however, I feel this goes a bit overboard. Corrupting prot and stripping stability on hammer swings would either be useless against some enemies or absolutely -broken- against others that rely on those boons.

6: The changes to frenzy make it too much a reactive rather than a proactive skill. You have to be both at low health AND use it to break a stun to get full mileage out of it. Frenzy ought to be, in my opinion, a skill used offensively to help land or maximize your burst, not something that only works under precise circumstances.

I can definitely see the issues with signet of might proccing at the start but if it procs on blocks (it should only proc on blocks imho) it would already be much better than it proccing at 50% HP. I mean More often than not it proccing at 50% HP wastes it since the target isn’t actually blocking. However, if it procs on blocks it would severely crap, as it should. And seeing how most blocks in-game are not single hit blocks other than aegis or a very few others I strongly support making it proc on block only.

I see merciless hammer got rekt again…RIP. I suggest you revert it back to the effect we have now and add as a bonus the ability to hit 5 targets on all attacks it’s already good as it is. Really, what it got changed to is either completely broken against some classes as stated by the quote (like ele…I mean eles stack prot to be tanky, you’ll be completely nullifying that while its absolutely useless vs other classes), same for stripping stability, this is very bad in general, since most stability skills give you multiple stacks (usually between 3 and 10) and you’’ll essentially have to spam over anywhere between 3 and 10 COMPLETE auto chains to get rid of them since only the 3rd hit strips it? That’s quite bad xD I mean imagine fighting a warrior or ranger who pops balanced stance/strength of the pack. The stability stripping won’t be of any use at all, since they’ll have much more stability than you’ll be capable of stripping, unless all you do is spam hammer autos in which case you’re putting yourself in a pretty bad position.

I also don’t agree with the argument for removing the damage modifier. The damage increase works VERY well on hammer precisely because its capable of doing CC chains from multiple attacks, unlike mace, which has only 1 stun and whose attacks hits like garbage except for pulverize on crits. On hammer you can go staggering blow->Earthshaker (20% dmg increase)->fierce Blow(20% dmg increase)->Backbreaker while foe is still stunned from eartshaker (20% dmg increase) or interchange backbreaker and earthshaker.

I support adding superspeed to frenzy, I actually think it’s a very good idea and the poster I quoted suggested it in another post.

also unrelated, but I’m having second thoughts about the proposed change to killshot, eviscerate, and decapitate.

It uses a unique damage formula that doesn’t consider armor or power, which imo can be game breaking. It will become a reason NOT to build a power based warrior and still pump out insane damage..

so yeah. I need a new damage formula.

edit/ made a new formula.

This was one of my concerns when I was highly critical of it at the start. Apart from the fact that eviscerate was pretty much one shotting you if you had low HP and that decapitate’s true dmg value was horribly low, dmg that doesn’t scale with stats is bad in general. As it 1) doesn’t provide any incentive to run a build that increases that type of dmg (be it direct or condi) and 2) if the dmg is actually good, this allows builds to focus on other type of roles (or type of damage they wish to deal) while still conserving great dmg output and 3) if the damage is low in the first place to account for the possibility of situation 2, then the skills (and thus weapons) that make use of this damage type will be disregarded, because said dmg cannot be improved by stats.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

(edited by Rekt.5360)

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

I can definitely see the issues with signet of might proccing at the start but if it procs on blocks (it should only proc on blocks imho) it would already be much better than it proccing at 50% HP. I mean More often than not it proccing at 50% HP wastes it since the target isn’t actually blocking. However, if it procs on blocks it would severely crap, as it should. And seeing how most blocks in-game are not single hit blocks other than aegis or a very few others I strongly support making it proc on block only.

I’m hesitant to make this change because if I did, it would remove any need to take signet of might on the utility bar because the unblockable proc would be a automated, and on top of that, you still have the precision gain.

If I were to do this, I would have counter-nerf other aspects of the trait, like the following:

• Activate signet of might when a foe blocks your attack, remove the stacking precision gain, increase cooldown by a significant amount (2 – 3 fold?)
  • Activate signet of might when a foe negates your attack, increase the precision buff.

Is this a good change? Please let me know if you have other ideas.

I see merciless hammer got rekt again…RIP. I suggest you revert it back to the effect we have now and add as a bonus the ability to hit 5 targets on all attacks it’s already good as it is. Really, what it got changed to is either completely broken against some classes as stated by the quote (like ele…I mean eles stack prot to be tanky, you’ll be completely nullifying that while its absolutely useless vs other classes), same for stripping stability, this is very bad in general, since most stability skills give you multiple stacks (usually between 3 and 10) and you’’ll essentially have to spam over anywhere between 3 and 10 COMPLETE auto chains to get rid of them since only the 3rd hit strips it? That’s quite bad xD I mean imagine fighting a warrior or ranger who pops balanced stance/strength of the pack. The stability stripping won’t be of any use at all, since they’ll have much more stability than you’ll be capable of stripping, unless all you do is spam hammer autos in which case you’re putting yourself in a pretty bad position.

I also don’t agree with the argument for removing the damage modifier. The damage increase works VERY well on hammer precisely because its capable of doing CC chains from multiple attacks, unlike mace, which has only 1 stun and whose attacks hits like garbage except for pulverize on crits. On hammer you can go staggering blow->Earthshaker (20% dmg increase)->fierce Blow(20% dmg increase)->Backbreaker while foe is still stunned from eartshaker (20% dmg increase) or interchange backbreaker and earthshaker.

This is what it changed to:

“Merciless Hammer: Overhaul: Hammer skills have an increased effective attacking distance of 260. Hammer skills are granted special effects based on adrenaline level. (Adrenaline stage 1: Hammer skills deal 10% more damage against foes that are disabled, Adrenaline stage 2: Hammer smash (3rd attack of auto attack chain) removes protection and applies vulnerability (3 second vulnerability), Adrenaline stage 3: Hammer smash (3rd attack of auto attack chain) removes 1 stack of stability and applies weakness (3 second weakness)) Recharge reduced on hammer skills (Recharge reduced: 20%).”

I changed it from boon corruption to simple boon removal and condition application, so it works against all foes rather than foes with just the boon. I also brought back the damage increase (but nerfed the modifier), and hammer 1 naturally has a 5 target strike limit on the proposal.

I understand that the stability strip being only limited to hammer 1’s 3rd attack will reduce it’s effectiveness, but I’m doing it on grounds that I don’t want warriors to mindlessly disable foes on skill rotation. I want to make it so players are given a tool to reduce effectiveness of a boon, but also give players an opportunity to avoid it. Let me know what you think about the change.

I support adding superspeed to frenzy, I actually think it’s a very good idea and the poster I quoted suggested it in another post.

This was one of my concerns when I was highly critical of it at the start. Apart from the fact that eviscerate was pretty much one shotting you if you had low HP and that decapitate’s true dmg value was horribly low, dmg that doesn’t scale with stats is bad in general. As it 1) doesn’t provide any incentive to run a build that increases that type of dmg (be it direct or condi) and 2) if the dmg is actually good, this allows builds to focus on other type of roles (or type of damage they wish to deal) while still conserving great dmg output and 3) if the damage is low in the first place to account for the possibility of situation 2, then the skills (and thus weapons) that make use of this damage type will be disregarded, because said dmg cannot be improved by stats.

Here’s what I made up for the new damage calculation: (warning: long reads)

Killshot:

""Fire a powerful shot. Deal damage plus true damage equal to a percentage of your foe’s missing health. Damage coefficient and percentage increases with adrenaline level. (Adrenaline stage 1: 40% of target’s missing health + 1.5 damage coefficient; Adrenaline stage 2: 70% of target’s missing health + 1.7 damage coefficient; Adrenaline stage 3: 100% of target’s missing health + 1.9 damage coefficient) *True damage deals damage irrespective to attack power, weapon strength, precision, ferocity, and the target’s armor and defense. Weakness condition halves the effectiveness of true damage. True damage has a maximum damage cap at 40,000. True damage does not affect structures and siege equipment.

It’s ridiculous that killshot hits for so much damage (despite what people think, it’s NOT ok). It has the potential to drop a necromancer with deathshroud on at full health. Modify this so it behaves more like a finishing move, rather than a cheap shot out of nowhere. Suggestion taken from league of legends: behaves more like a finishing move.

Examples- assuming target has 2000 armor, you have 2300 power, 200% critical damage and rifle has a weapon strength of 1000.
Calculation: (1000*2300*DAMAGE COEFFICIENT / 2000) + (PERCENTAGE * MISSING HEALTH)

Killshot a target with a 20,000 health pool:
Stage 1 (1.5, 40%) non crit, full health: 1725 + 0 = 1725 damage
Stage 1 non crit, 1k HP missing: 1725 + 400 = 2125 damage
Stage 1 non crit, 10k hp missing: 1725 + 4000 = 5725 damage
Stage 1 non crit + weakened 10k hp missing: 1725 + 2000 = 3725 damage
Stage 1 crit 10k hp missing: 3450 + 4000 = 7450 damage
Stage 1 crit with 15k hp missing: 3450 + 6000 = 9450 damage (KILL)
Stage 3 (1.9, 100%) non crit 10k hp missing: 2185 + 10000 = 12185 damage (KILL)
Stage 3 crit 10k hp missing: 4370 + 10000 = 13370 damage (KILL)
Stage 3 crit 8k hp missing: 4370 + 8000 = 12370 damage (KILL)
Stage 3 crit 4k hp missing: 4370 + 4000 = 8370 damage
Stage 3 crit 1k hp missing: 4370 + 1000 = 5370 damage

Killshot a target with a 200,000 health pool:
Stage 3 (1.9, 100%) crit, 100,000 health missing: 4370 + 40,000 (damage cap) = 44370 damage""

Eviscerate:

“Eviscerate: Leap at your foe with a devastating attack. Deal additional true damage equal to the foe’s remaining health when the foe is below a health threshold. Damage coefficient and health threshold increases with adrenaline level. (Adrenaline stage 1: 2.0 coefficient, 23% health threshold; Adrenaline stage 2: 2.5 coefficient, 28% health threshold, Adrenaline stage 3: 3.0 coefficient, 33% threshold) Gain 15 adrenaline and halve the cooldown on eviscerate if the attack successfully kills a target. *True damage deals damage irrespective to attack power, weapon strength, precision, ferocity, and the target’s armor and defense. Weakness condition negates true damage. Does not work on structures and siege equipment. True damage has a maximum damage cap at 15,000.

Eviscerate, being limited to one target, sacrifices a lot of DPS when used over it’s chop auto attack. Proposing a modest buff to return eviscerate as the melee finishing attack for warriors. Gave it adrenaline gain properties to give it a ""killing spree"" identity. Include a 1/2 second after cast delay to allow for counter attacks vs a failed or spammed eviscerate

Wanted the same idea as killshot, but want to retain the damage when striking a foe at high health thresholds. This guarantees kills if the foe is sitting at or below 33% HP if the skill is used at stage 3.

Examples- assuming target has 2000 armor, you have 2300 power, 200% critical damage and axe has a weapon strength of 1000.
Calculation: (1000*2300*COEFFICIENT / 2000) + (if target HP is below threshold: true damage equal to foe’s remaining health)

Eviscerate a target with 20,000 health pool:
Stage 1 (2.0, 23% threshold) non crit, target is at full health: 2300 + 0 = 2300 damage
Stage 1 non crit, target is below 23% health: 2300 + 4600 = 6900 damage (KILL)
Stage 1 crit, target is at full health: 4600 + 0 = 4600 damage
Stage 1 crit, target is below 23% health: 4600 + 4600 = 9200 damage (KILL)
Stage 1 non crit, target is below 23% health, weakened state: 2300 + 0 = 2300 damage
Stage 3 (3.0, 33% threshold) non crit, target is at full health: 3450 + 0 = 3450 damage
Stage 3 non crit, target is below 33% health: 3450 + 6600 = 10050 damage (KILL)

Eviscerate a target with a 200,000 health pool:
Stage 3 (3.0, 33% threshold) crit, target is below 33% health threshold: 6900 + 15,000 (damage cap) = 21900 damage"

Decapitate:

“Decapitate: Unleash a powerful shockwave that damages multiple foes (Range: 450, up to 5 foes). Deals additional true damage equal to the foe’s remaining health when the foe is below a health threshold. (Health threshold: 20%)
Gain 10 adrenaline and reduce the recharge on decapitate by 100% if the attack successfully kills or downs 2 or more targets in one attack. *True damage deals damage irrespective to attack power, weapon strength, precision, ferocity, and the target’s armor and defense. Weakness condition negates true damage. Does not work on structures and siege equipment. True damage has a maximum damage cap at 10,000.

Same idea as eviscerate, lowered HP threshold due to it’s aoe properties. Include a 1/2 second after cast delay to allow for counter attacks vs a failed or spammed decapitate.

Examples- assuming target has 2000 armor, you have 2300 power, 200% critical damage and axe has a weapon strength of 1000.
Calculation: (1000*2300*2.0/ 2000) + (if target HP is below threshold: true damage equal to foe’s remaining health)

Decapitate a target with 20,000 health pool:
Target above 20% health threshold, non crit: 2300 damage
Target above 20% health threshold, crit: 4600 damage
Target below 20% health threshold, non crit: 2300 + 4000 = 6300 damage (Kill)
Target below 20% health threshold, crit: 4600 + 4000 = 8600 damage (kill)
Target below 20% health threshold, non crit, weakeend: 2300 damage

decapitate a target with a 200,000 health pool:
Target below 20% health threshold, crit: 4600 + 10000 (damage cap) = 14600 damage"

in Warrior

Posted by: ScionKai.4907

ScionKai.4907

> Shout:
> Fight Me! (Fear me) – Changed fear me to taunt

I do not like this at all, I think something better would be add an elite shout:

Embrace Your Death
New elite shout that taunts enemies

I’d love to see Defiant Stance get a stun break, and also an elite stance get added to the game as well.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

> Shout:
> Fight Me! (Fear me) – Changed fear me to taunt

I do not like this at all, I think something better would be add an elite shout:

Embrace Your Death
New elite shout that taunts enemies

I’d love to see Defiant Stance get a stun break, and also an elite stance get added to the game as well.

Could you explain your position further? Why don’t you like it, and why a new shout elite would be necessary. Bear in mind all professions have 4 elite skills (3 core, 1 elite specialization), save for revenants, which change based on legendary stance they take. What makes warrior special that they could be given a 5th elite skill option? (or 6th if there’s a stance option too)

I suggested a taunt because there needs to be an aoe utility taunt on a heavy armor profession. It’s more fitting than fear me, and allows tankier warriors to take aggro for medium and light armored allies. I would prefer to leave fear for necromancers, as their form of aggro control.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

The nerf to death from above came from my consideration of other profession’s falling damage traits. It’s the only one that’s unblockable, has CC, and deals damage second to grenade barrage, with a much shorter internal cooldown. The closest comparable falling damage effect would be elementalist’s falling damage trait while using earth attunement, and even then, it deals less damage and isn’t unblockable.

Here’s something for your viewing pleasure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wmgBjIBdAA (well that was years ago and it’s no longer replicable due to the ICD addition. Just thought it would be something you guys would think is funny)

I’ll revert the damage nerf, but keep the removed unblockable property nerf. I don’t want to suggest that the other professions buff their falling damage trait because power creep is rampant in the recent gw2 balance patches.

I can see how defy pain will still overshadow sundering mace.. I’ll bring back the vulnerability but change the mechanic of how it procs. Let me know what you think.

After that video, I can see why Death from Above might become a bit too strong without the internal cooldown!

I also see why you suggest removing the “unblockable” property. If necessary, someone could always bring along Signet of Might…

Good changes, I think your trait suggestions are solid.

in Warrior

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Make defiant stance an elite skill/f2 with 60cd..

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Why? Please explain further.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Suggestion-CDI-Warrior-Balance/5992949

in Warrior

Burtnik.5218

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Suggestion-CDI-Warrior-Balance/5992949

Bc its not going to work for war at all in a healing spot. It works for rev as we have some minor heal to back it up+life siphom. It wont work for war bc if you screw it you might aswell /dance.

That means initial heal has to go up to an acceptable level which makes no sense given how this skill works or move it to elite/f2 so it can shine. The problem i see however.. if they move it to elite it will be mandatory as war sustain is crap.

So generally speaking some stances should become f2-4 keys linked to cd’s+adrenaline.
That would greatly improve war sustain, free them from using stances in utility skills and raise skill cap for war.
A choice – keep up the adrenaline for a defensive stance or go for a burst?

For example defiant stance – convert all incoming damage into healing, duration is based on the adrenaline spent.

lv 1 – 1sec
lv2 – 2sec
lv 3 – 3sec
Cd 60

Lalala you get the point. Atm adrenaline is the most underwhelming aspect of warrior, till they dont fix that one, war will be in deep … for a while, unless you overbuff him.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Bc its not going to work for war at all in a healing spot. It works for rev as we have some minor heal to back it up+life siphom. It wont work for war bc if you screw it you might aswell /dance.

That means initial heal has to go up to an acceptable level which makes no sense given how this skill works or move it to elite/f2 so it can shine. The problem i see however.. if they move it to elite it will be mandatory as war sustain is crap.

So generally speaking some stances should become f2-4 keys linked to cd’s+adrenaline.
That would greatly improve war sustain, free them from using stances in utility skills and raise skill cap for war.
A choice – keep up the adrenaline for a defensive stance or go for a burst?

For example defiant stance – convert all incoming damage into healing, duration is based on the adrenaline spent.

lv 1 – 1sec
lv2 – 2sec
lv 3 – 3sec
Cd 60

Lalala you get the point. Atm adrenaline is the most underwhelming aspect of warrior, till they dont fix that one, war will be in deep … for a while, unless you overbuff him.

Per your quote, I had decided to go with the former “go up to an acceptable level” rather than making a new elite or reworking the warrior mechanic.

Defiant Stance: Break a stun and heal yourself. Reduce incoming damage for nearby allies (Damage reduced: 10%) and receive a portion of incoming damage for nearby allies (1% of ally’s damage, up to 5 allies) Absorb all incoming strikes for a period of time.

Why a change is necessary: Offers no reason to take this over healing signet, poor usability: players would just stop attacking you once you activate defiant stance and you’d heal for a minimal amount and go on cooldown.

Why this is a good idea: Makes this more viable as a heal for team plays. Gives it usability and team utility. Chose to keep the cast time in there to allow enemies to interrupt this, like any other heal skill.

There are a lot of ways to make warrior sustainable, and yes making stances a warrior mechanic would improve sustainability, but the problem is that the change reworks the warrior profession, and I’d have to account for more variables on how to make the warrior balanced. It’s way too complicated to do that, and much more difficult to balance- I might unintentionally making the warrior broken and over powered, which I want to avoid.

I also don’t want to give warriors something extra that other professions don’t have, like a 5th elite skill. If I were to move defiant stance to the elite category, I’d have to consider removing an elite skill and adding a new healing skill. It’s a rather silly thing, but I’m trying to follow the game’s design model for every profession.

emkelly.2371 has a rework proposal following that idea though, check it here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Suggestion-Warrior-Redone

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

TheBravery.9615
There are a lot of ways to make warrior sustainable, and yes making stances a warrior mechanic would improve sustainability, but the problem is that the change reworks the warrior profession, and I’d have to account for more variables on how to make the warrior balanced. It’s way too complicated to do that, and much more difficult to balance- I might unintentionally making the warrior broken and over powered, which I want to avoid.
I also don’t want to give warriors something extra that other professions don’t have, like a 5th elite skill. If I were to move defiant stance to the elite category, I’d have to consider removing an elite skill and adding a new healing skill. It’s a rather silly thing, but I’m trying to follow the game’s design model for every profession.

I agree. In Warrior redone I made Stances a class mechanic and reworked the entirety of the warrior profession Adrenaline, Stances, Berserk, Rage Skills. It is not something that is easily done and does not fit with your re-balance. Leave the crazy recreations to me.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Do you guys see any kind of power creep going on here?

The only power creep I’m seeing is an additional 2 second might on Phalanx strength.. should I remove it?

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

when in doubt, nerf it back to original unless you removed something to justify that 2 seconds. warriors don’t lack in the might department so it seems a little pointless to add 2 seconds to phalanx strength

in Warrior

Burtnik.5218

I wonder.. why hb is unchanged in both reworks?

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

What’s wrong with hb?

in Warrior

Burtnik.5218

Long 3,5s channel on top of being a selfroot skill (a type of skill that doesnt work well in this game anymore). It should get a rework. The weapon traits should also go away to free up choice..being honest gs without trait feels like kitten. And that apply to other weapons as well

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Long 3,5s channel on top of being a selfroot skill (a type of skill that doesnt work well in this game anymore). It should get a rework. The weapon traits should also go away to free up choice..being honest gs without trait feels like kitten. And that apply to other weapons as well

I did some damage calculations earlier to see damage capabilities of hundred blades compared to chop and whirling axe
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Suggestion-CDI-Warrior-Balance/5971784

HB: 8s cooldown = 7 times in one minute = 29099 dpm(3 targets) or 9700 dpm (1 target)
chop: use 16 times in one minute = 49664 dpm (3 targets) or 16555 dpm (1 target)

I think you’re on to something. Greatsword has less sustainable damage than axe’s auto attack. So here are my options:

• Reduce damage on Chop auto attack
  • Increase damage on hundred blades
  • Both

I reduced the damage increase by 3% for the greatsword trait but gave some of it to vanilla greatsword so the trait would be less overbearing over other traits.

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Chop auto is designed to reward the entire chain.
If you have quickness, use hb.
If you do not, then axe auto is a better dps.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Chop auto is designed to reward the entire chain.
If you have quickness, use hb.
If you do not, then axe auto is a better dps.

you too have a point

On my previous calculation, that DPM figure only goes through if all attacks hit in each of the 16 chains in the minute

While the hundred blades only requires less than half of that: 7 chains in 1 minute

thank you for sharing.

in Warrior

Burtnik.5218

Imho gs should deal less dmg than axe due to mobility so hb should be changed to something weaker with lower cd but be mobile at same time.. something like mariner frenzy. In case of traits its mostly -% cd reductions i have problem with.

Bladetrail changed to block, rush to leap towards the end like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fiery_Rush (its quite reliable and been suggested MANY times) and gs would be gold.

Might on crit from forceful gs should be moved to phalanx so all weapons can benefit from it..

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Imho gs should deal less dmg than axe due to mobility so hb should be changed to something weaker with lower cd but be mobile at same time.. something like mariner frenzy. In case of traits its mostly -% cd reductions i have problem with.

Bladetrail changed to block, rush to leap towards the end like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fiery_Rush (its quite reliable and been suggested MANY times) and gs would be gold.

Might on crit from forceful gs should be moved to phalanx so all weapons can benefit from it..

What exactly are the reasons for the changes?

Warriors have plenty of mobile “auto attack” esque attacks. Why should I change hundred blades to further blur the identity of the move?

Hundred blades have an identity- of that being a punisher for foes that are unfortunate enough to get caught in all of it’s strikes in PvP and WvW, and it doesn’t require changes from a PvE perspective.

I am trying to avoid power creep on this balance proposal, and might on crit with all weapons will arguably make axe too strong (15 × 5 might stacks)

also I’m not looking to “buff” greatsword- why should I? It’s already meta in most cases. If anything, we should divert our attention to the less used weapons.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

http://strawpoll.me/6913448

Cast your votes, I want to see whether these suggestions are accepted or rejected by the majority.

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Voted, btw. I don’t think 100B needs a change. Yes it is a self root, but it is also one of the best burst damages we have in the game. Also you compared it to chop, which is incorrect. it should be compared to Cyclone Axe. Chop is three separate skills that cycle through one another. 100 blades is a single skill. If the greatsword needs any change, then change the after-cast on sword 1

in Warrior

Burtnik.5218

You wont avoid some powercreep tho. You wont see UA as selfroot skill etc. Warrior has quite outdated skills and it part of the problem. Did you know whirling wrath was also selfroot skill btw?

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

You wont avoid some powercreep tho. You wont see UA as selfroot skill etc. Warrior has quite outdated skills and it part of the problem. Did you know whirling wrath was also selfroot skill btw?

I can’t comment on the past design decisions on GW2 because my opinions differ greatly from the balance team’s idea of “balance”. Yes, some skills are in fact outdated and are in need of an update. I saw physical skills as underpowered in the shadow of other choices (and now rage skills), so I applied changes which I thought were necessary.

Greatsword, on the other hand, is already seeing a lot of use in PvE (as well as PvP, and WvW). It’s like buffing healing signet in the recent patch- why did they do that when it’s already the most used healing skill? It just buries the other choices further into the ground which I’m really against.

I understand some rationale though- to improve sustainability which warriors are in need of; but it’s looking at the wrong places. One of the goals here is to establish build diversity.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Currently have 9 votes, sitting at 83% approval rating. Please cast your vote after reading the suggestions.

edit/ I strongly suspect those 3 anonymous animals that have been looking at the google document for the past month are ArenaNet developers. I’d be nice if they participated in this conversation…

in Warrior

Rekt.5360

I prefer HB the way it is now tbh. Its good for cleaving and deals great damage under quickness if you can set it up.

Voted, btw. I don’t think 100B needs a change. Yes it is a self root, but it is also one of the best burst damages we have in the game. Also you compared it to chop, which is incorrect. it should be compared to Cyclone Axe. Chop is three separate skills that cycle through one another. 100 blades is a single skill. If the greatsword needs any change, then change the after-cast on sword 1

This pretty much. GS is fine as a weapon it just needs it crazy after casts (rush,arcing Whirlwind) fixed. And terrible rush bugs.

By the way I was thinking that a good way to make frenzy more viable instead of looking for some crazy kitten functionalities to add to it is cutting its CD by a lot and reducing the quickness duration, so you can use it more often for more frequent bursts of quickness. As things are now Heightened Focus is more than twice higher quickness uptime than when taking frenzy, that’s a bit ridiculous.

(edited by Rekt.5360)

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

HB or whirling attack needs to be like rev sword 3 or engi hammer 3

in Warrior

Rekt.5360

Whirlwind already has an evade frame tho :O it’s the crazy long after cast that’s bad.

in Warrior

lighter.2708

Whirlwind already has an evade frame tho :O it’s the crazy long after cast that’s bad.

i mean the damaging part…it’s way to easy to predict whirlingwind and even avoid majority of it’s damage or completely by simply positioning properly..

in Warrior

Rekt.5360

i mean the damaging part…it’s way to easy to predict whirlingwind and even avoid majority of it’s damage or completely by simply positioning properly..

Ah that’s true but how would you suggest we fix that? We could make it faster but then we would lose on the evade uptime.

in Warrior

lighter.2708

Ah that’s true but how would you suggest we fix that? We could make it faster but then we would lose on the evade uptime.

that’s why i suggest making it like engi hammer 3 or rev sword 3

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

I’ve never had any issues with whirlwind attack, in fact I think it’s rather strong if used at point blank range. Engi hammer 3 and rev sword 3 behave very differently and doesn’t match the theme of warrior, being a low tech, non magical bruiser.

also gathering more votes:

Sitting at 3.27 / 4. Someone voted 1- would be interested to know what the person’s main criticism against it is.

in Warrior

Burtnik.5218

Well technically it could work. I dont see a problem with warrior performing 3 spins and evading during that time with a open window to cc between whirls like engi hammer. But at this point you have to raise cd.

in Warrior

Posted by: Apparition.1576

Apparition.1576

No changes to Physical utility skills?? : /

One day.. all of you shall submit to the Flame Legion…. to me… I AM BLADABOS

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

No changes to Physical utility skills?? : /

There’s a ton of changes

most notable: Peak performance gives you “super armor” while casting the attacks, (incapable of being interrupted, immune to new conditions, reduced incoming damage)

on stomp, there’s “guard break” (Foes struck by this skill while blocking will negate the damage/condition/effects but get stunned for 2 seconds. Damage goes through if signet of might is active or warrior has unblockable properties. Foes that are guard broken will be unable to block for 10 seconds.)

as well as a bunch of damage increases, cooldown reductions, usability fixes

in Warrior

Rekt.5360

I’ve never had any issues with whirlwind attack, in fact I think it’s rather strong if used at point blank range. Engi hammer 3 and rev sword 3 behave very differently and doesn’t match the theme of warrior, being a low tech, non magical bruiser.

Sitting at 3.27 / 4. Someone voted 1- would be interested to know what the person’s main criticism against it is.

I’m the one who voted -1. Because I honestly think HB is perfectly fine as it is. We don’t need to go giving each skill its own unique identity, and there is nothing wrong with HB doing more damage than axe auto. At this point I feel like its nitpicking.

My concern about ww was the big after cast once the animation ends.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

I’m the one who voted -1. Because I honestly think HB is perfectly fine as it is. We don’t need to go giving each skill its own unique identity, and there is nothing wrong with HB doing more damage than axe auto. At this point I feel like its nitpicking.

but I didn’t have any changes on hundred blades in the proposal :V

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I do most of the changes, but the best ones are the axe/hammer burst skills. Namely the ones in berserker mode, atm they are beyond awful. Adrenal health is great because adrenal health is based on the old warrior builds, changing it to gain health might make “To the Limit” shout heal actually worth taking. An active healing ability should heal more than a passive one as you can get cc’ed when trying to heal.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

I do most of the changes, but the best ones are the axe/hammer burst skills. Namely the ones in berserker mode, atm they are beyond awful. Adrenal health is great because adrenal health is based on the old warrior builds, changing it to gain health might make “To the Limit” shout heal actually worth taking. An active healing ability should heal more than a passive one as you can get cc’ed when trying to heal.

Thank you for your comments.

Currently at 3.22/4 (B-) Rating with 32 votes.

I guess this draft is “acceptable” enough to go into production? No other glaring concerns?

also I’ve started a guardian suggestion project, link in signature.

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Reading through the spoiler list, I think some of these changes are flat nerfs.
While I cannot respond to everything right now, for example:
Reckless dodge change or stick and move change?
Or rampage damage nerf?

In the updated form, Rousing resilience completely outshines Last stand. At least now there are some benefits to both depending on playstyle.

But in reality any trait that will give warriors protection will be mandatory.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Reading through the spoiler list, I think some of these changes are flat nerfs.
While I cannot respond to everything right now, for example:
Reckless dodge change or stick and move change?
Or rampage damage nerf?

In the updated form, Rousing resilience completely outshines Last stand. At least now there are some benefits to both depending on playstyle.

But in reality any trait that will give warriors protection will be mandatory.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Poll-Power-creep-vs-nerf-bat-vs/6019508

I can’t just improve everything. It will lead to power creep.

I think the 20% cooldown reduction on last stand makes it compete vs the new rousing resilience.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Suggestion-Guardian-Balance/6004918

On an unrelated note, I’ve made a guardian balance document. (I plan on making one for every profession, so the playing field is even for everyone). If you guys have time, I’d appreciate some feedback from players that are not guardian mains.

A problem I have to deal with in creating these is that there’s a ton of bias going into these

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Help-ArenaNet-balance-the-professions/6024040

in Warrior

Posted by: larocca.8391

larocca.8391

Loving these changes they seem pretty fair, although i can see many classes having a lot of problems reacting to some new functionality of these changes. I propose nothing too extreme as it will be daunting for some players to relearn warrior abilities. However many of these changes are beautiful and aren’t just +dmg but improve functionality and qol and even refreshingly in some cases a nerf to balance out the added functionality of some abilities.

One things that i am all for 100% in this are the trait reorganisations, having a mishmash mix of power and condi traits along with the odd defense trait in trees is confusing. Having dedicated power trees/condi trees and def trees are a huge move in the right direction. Having to take a power tree JUST for condi distracting strikes is bad design and considering the amount of players taking disc for fast hands is already a resounding example of the trait disorganisation.

Increasing the effectiveness of many useless traits makes a huge difference.
In my current case as condi war i literally have 1 trait that is empty as none of the options help in any capacity.

Increasing the viability of dual wielding is also an awesome move to see less power warrs with GS and more hopefully with axe/sword or mace warhorn or something equally rare.

Tactics tree is essentially useless in pvp as well so a reorganisation of that to synergize better with the rest of the warrior is something i’d love to see. Mace/warhorn/LB shout condi build would be amazing to see.

The potential here is huge and i truly hope anet looks at this and considers any amount of the proposed changes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

It is reasuring to see that some players still haven’t given up hope yet. I pretty much stopped talking about balance changes for a while now myself since it seems quite pointless these days.
The eternal state of just fine because “beginner class” with the occasional harsh nerf whenever something strong pops up is a bit depressing.

Let me start here:

STR
- Reckless Dodge: Okey, I’d probably leave it the way it is
- Deah from above: Okey, I’d probably leave it the way it is
- Peak Performance: Approved
-Restorative Strength: How about the idea to gain might whenever regeneration is applied to you or whenever you are healed (not just the healing skill)
-Axe Mastery: Approved
-Forceful Greatsword: Approved
-Stick and Move: Okey, I’d probably leave it the way it is
-Absolute Control: Good one, we need some help against mobile classes as well as all of the stability flying around
-Berserker’s Power. Approved
-Resistant Concentration: Interesting idea, could also add a boon removal modifier to your skills

ARM
I’ll keep this one short. Quite like your concept. Having a lot of the condition stuff concentrated in this line and all. Just not sure if I didn’t much rather see Burst Precision as a Strength trait.
Would also like to keep this as an option for a fully offensive berserker warrior alongside STR since you updated Dual Wielding.
Therefor maybe one choice per mastery level that is not condition damage based.

DEF
-Thick Skin: Approved
-Cull the Weak: Approved
-Dogged March: Actually think protection or even resistance instead of regen would be justified at this point in PvP
-Adrenal Health: Great idea
-Defy Pain: Great idea
-Sundering Mace: Approved
-Last Stand: Approved, I’d probably make that stance duration baseline
-Rousing Resilience: Approved

TAC
-Determine Revival: Approved
-Empowered: Like the concept, might rather use another active effect (not sure which though)
-Leg Specialist: Approved
-Vigorous Shouts: Would leave it as is
-Burning Arrows: Approved
-Inspiring Presence: Would wish for something more active
-Powerful Synergy: We could add another boon to the finishers like: Might and Fury on fire, Regen and Vigor on water, Ice aura and Protection on ice, etc. instead of the doubled effects
Inspiring Battle Standard: Approved

Will continue later tonight as I am at work right now.

in Warrior

Rekt.5360

W8 wasn’t the vote for the HB changes in the discussion just there? Well kitten. ><

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Loving these changes they seem pretty fair, although i can see many classes having a lot of problems reacting to some new functionality of these changes. I propose nothing too extreme as it will be daunting for some players to relearn warrior abilities. However many of these changes are beautiful and aren’t just +dmg but improve functionality and qol and even refreshingly in some cases a nerf to balance out the added functionality of some abilities.

One things that i am all for 100% in this are the trait reorganisations, having a mishmash mix of power and condi traits along with the odd defense trait in trees is confusing. Having dedicated power trees/condi trees and def trees are a huge move in the right direction. Having to take a power tree JUST for condi distracting strikes is bad design and considering the amount of players taking disc for fast hands is already a resounding example of the trait disorganisation.

Increasing the effectiveness of many useless traits makes a huge difference.
In my current case as condi war i literally have 1 trait that is empty as none of the options help in any capacity.

Increasing the viability of dual wielding is also an awesome move to see less power warrs with GS and more hopefully with axe/sword or mace warhorn or something equally rare.

Tactics tree is essentially useless in pvp as well so a reorganisation of that to synergize better with the rest of the warrior is something i’d love to see. Mace/warhorn/LB shout condi build would be amazing to see.

The potential here is huge and i truly hope anet looks at this and considers any amount of the proposed changes.

Thank you for showing your support, be sure to rate in the strawpoll link in the OP so I can include your opinion.

Yeah, some of the changes are rather “game changing”, but fit well within the scope of the warrior’s concept. I’d rather have a massive balance patch that fixes everything correctly the first time around rather than having quarterly “meta-shift” pseudo balance patches that further distort balance.

It is reasuring to see that some players still haven’t given up hope yet. I pretty much stopped talking about balance changes for a while now myself since it seems quite pointless these days.
The eternal state of just fine because “beginner class” with the occasional harsh nerf whenever something strong pops up is a bit depressing.

Let me start here:

STR
- Reckless Dodge: Okey, I’d probably leave it the way it is
- Deah from above: Okey, I’d probably leave it the way it is
- Peak Performance: Approved
-Restorative Strength: How about the idea to gain might whenever regeneration is applied to you or whenever you are healed (not just the healing skill)
-Axe Mastery: Approved
-Forceful Greatsword: Approved
-Stick and Move: Okey, I’d probably leave it the way it is
-Absolute Control: Good one, we need some help against mobile classes as well as all of the stability flying around
-Berserker’s Power. Approved
-Resistant Concentration: Interesting idea, could also add a boon removal modifier to your skills

ARM
I’ll keep this one short. Quite like your concept. Having a lot of the condition stuff concentrated in this line and all. Just not sure if I didn’t much rather see Burst Precision as a Strength trait.
Would also like to keep this as an option for a fully offensive berserker warrior alongside STR since you updated Dual Wielding.
Therefor maybe one choice per mastery level that is not condition damage based.

DEF
-Thick Skin: Approved
-Cull the Weak: Approved
-Dogged March: Actually think protection or even resistance instead of regen would be justified at this point in PvP
-Adrenal Health: Great idea
-Defy Pain: Great idea
-Sundering Mace: Approved
-Last Stand: Approved, I’d probably make that stance duration baseline
-Rousing Resilience: Approved

TAC
-Determine Revival: Approved
-Empowered: Like the concept, might rather use another active effect (not sure which though)
-Leg Specialist: Approved
-Vigorous Shouts: Would leave it as is
-Burning Arrows: Approved
-Inspiring Presence: Would wish for something more active
-Powerful Synergy: We could add another boon to the finishers like: Might and Fury on fire, Regen and Vigor on water, Ice aura and Protection on ice, etc. instead of the doubled effects
Inspiring Battle Standard: Approved

Will continue later tonight as I am at work right now.

Thank you for reading. I look forward to reading your thoughts and criticism.

W8 wasn’t the vote for the HB changes in the discussion just there? Well kitten. ><

lol. That’s ok, just a misunderstanding. In context of the entire proposal though, would you approve or disapprove this?