Yay warrior buffs

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: stefanplc.5234

stefanplc.5234

TBH, I’ve always thought that once you learn the other professions and how to counter them, warriors aren’t THAT BAD. Sure, they’re not up to the level of other professions but you can still do well and have fun. I’ve been very active recently on 1v1 servers and I’ve constantly felt, when I played well but still ended up loosing that the -5 seconds CD would have been EXCELENT and it would have allowed me to win.

Healing Surge and Mending both look like they got some pretty nice buffs so I’m really looking forward to testing them out. If Rush actually works well I’ll be one happy warrior for sure.

Matale & Sohpital – Warrior & Thief PvP
www.youtube.com/stefanplc

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

You know what this means,

get ready for an inflow of would be Warriors,

can’t wait to watch them flop.

Cant be worse then you.

BURN!!!!! – Kelso

Shut your dirty mouth and make me a burrito. See you in game Puandro, Arah was painful, I am still recovering from the torment you put me through.

<3

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

While other professions get strait up buffs, warriors get bug fixes and animation fixes. You can’t be serious and think that a minor buff to healing skills will make warrior viable.

Everypony and their mother has been complaining about how our heals are crap.

You’ll just have to wait and see.

Im waiting for that to see too.. That healing buffs are nice, but weapon skills are still kittened. Lets see how it play out

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m not so sure it means that, but I’ll welcome new Warriors. When they realize another 50-100 HPS doesn’t compensate for them not knowing how to play, they’ll go back to where they came from, or continue to feed me kills.

If all the Necro tears rain an influx onto the Warrior class, they’re in for a treat.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

galandor.1059

I’m not so sure it means that, but I’ll welcome new Warriors. When they realize another 50-100 HPS doesn’t compensate for them not knowing how to play, they’ll go back to where they came from, or continue to feed me kills.

If all the Necro tears rain an influx onto the Warrior class, they’re in for a treat.

It means essentially what you just said.

I saw a few posts about a few Necro’s actually complaining that Warrior’s got buffs, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL…

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Everypony

No.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Torment?

Rework of Jug?!

Rush/Bull?!?

Healing Buffs?!?!?!

Apparently I’ve been sucked into parallel dimension where ANet actually <3’s warriors!

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Holy kitten bunny rabbit tree squirrel hamster gerbil!

3 conditions on Mending…Saffron Scented Poultry Soup makes it four…Restorative Strength basically makes it a cleanse…on a 20 second CD! Goodbye Sig of Stamina and hellloooooo Mending! I swear I didn’t mean all those things I said about you baby…

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

We don’t have protection!

~ Daecollo

Next stop is to make spiked armor 10 secs of retal on 15 sec cd. and we are done here or move it down as it isn’t grandmaster worthy.

I am happy with the healing changes I am definitely going to give healing signet a go for sure.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

~ Daecollo

Next stop is to make spiked armor 10 secs of retal on 15 sec cd. and we are done here.

Kitten protection. I want weakness on something else than mace and hammer.

nvm.

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

You are on Ehmry?

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

Can someone please summarize the actual changes regarding warriors in TPvP? What do those changes mean practically?

Thanks in advance.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Also, I don’t see any mention of 6-9 being available during Rampage. I assume it remains unchanged, can anyone confirm?

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Arenis.3207

Arenis.3207

I’m just a level 70 warrior, exploring the world and doing events. Got a 50/50 build for offense/defense(love it for what I’m currently doing) and using healing signet with it.
Does anyone know for how much it will heal me now(no healing power)?

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

stefanplc.5234

when will these updates be live?

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

when will these updates be live?

Sometime today.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Seismic Leap: This skill has replaced Stomp. It is now a ground-targeted, 2-second AoE knockdown with a 600-unit range.

I actually wonder if that also replacing “normal” stomp

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Seismic Leap: This skill has replaced Stomp. It is now a ground-targeted, 2-second AoE knockdown with a 600-unit range.

Based on the nesting to the bullets on the page with the notes, no. Regular stomp is still stomp, but the Rampage elite got a new version.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Catharsis.8571

Catharsis.8571

~ Daecollo

Next stop is to make spiked armor 10 secs of retal on 15 sec cd. and we are done here.

Kitten protection. I want weakness on something else than mace and hammer.

nvm.

warhorn

Mauveine – 80 Mesmer, Bashastick – 80 Warrior
Basha Blue – 80 Guard, Cat Harsis – 80 Ranger
And many more… on Crystal Desert Server (NA)

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

stefanplc.5234

I was thinking about this myself and then I kind of wondered what would be the difference between this and bull’s charge other than some small details.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

The heal sig is a typo. The numbers are correct but it should say per second. Yes, that is correct, 392 health per second.

Thank you! When I read the notes I was immediately thinking how the changes to Mending and Healing Surge sounded amazing but Healing Sig actually getting a nerf made me go ????

Awesome. Can’t wait to log in and try out these changes!

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Velron.3729

I was thinking about this myself and then I kind of wondered what would be the difference between this and bull’s charge other than some small details.

Sound of the skill makes it sound like it will leap more like a Savage Leap and then when you land do a knockdown in an AOE. Sounds awesome, gonna try it out!

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Velron.3729

It means essentially what you just said.

I saw a few posts about a few Necro’s actually complaining that Warrior’s got buffs, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL…

This makes me happy.

Necros got some significant sustain and DS access buffs while only receiving VERY minor nerf to Terror damage.

Biggest change for them was moving greater marks up, but they gave them a base radius increase…not sure how I feel about that, we will see.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Catharsis.8571

well greater marks meant that fear could get through shelter/shield stance… which was super annoying. I like this nerf.
imo unblockable attacks should be left to siege and situational utilities (signet of might, traps) and not every freaking skill on a necro’s weapon

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Torment?

Rework of Jug?!

Rush/Bull?!?

Healing Buffs?!?!?!

Apparently I’ve been sucked into parallel dimension where ANet actually <3’s warriors!

We care about all professions. =)

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Velron.3729

well greater marks meant that fear could get through shelter/shield stance… which was super annoying. I like this nerf.
imo unblockable attacks should be left to siege and situational utilities (signet of might, traps) and not every freaking skill on a necro’s weapon

Yeah, its a pretty ridiculous trait tbh. Making every single ability on a weapon set unblockable feels too much.

I agree, I like situational/specific skills only being unblockable. Another good example is how you can block almost everything from an Engineer, but he can use Magnet (tool kit pull) to pull you out of your block. There’s good counter play there, it has a tell and can be dodged or LOS’d.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

At least with Mending it’ll cure Poison before the heal goes off (if memory serves, and if you aren’t caked with condis)

And if you take Restorative Strength with Mending, you’ve got a pretty good chance of removing anything on you every 20 seconds.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

Healing Surge:
Every stage should look like:
0: 5868(0.9) 195.6 HPS without healing power
1: 6526(1.0) 217.5 HPS
2: 8139(1.25) 271 HPS
3: 9823(1.5) 327.4 HPS

Strength will come from those massive coefficients. Stage 3 heal at 1500 healing power will look like:
9823 + 1500(1.5) = 12082 or 402 HPS.

Mending:
5226(.8) 261 HPS without healing power

Healing Signet (Passive):
392 healing per second to 467 healing per second with 1500 healing power.

These changes really equalize our healing options, and are a welcome buff. Mending is now a legitimate choice with the reduced CD. As shown by your comparison, the HPS for Mending is comparable to a stage 2 Surge, which is pretty potent imo.

The 2 heals now cover 3 very general areas:

Most HPS – Signet
Condi removal – Mending
Adrenaline control – Surge

Of those 3…I’m really not sure what I would take now. If I can get Adrenaline control from other sources (Signet of Fury and traits)…I would probably opt for Mending in WvW and PvP now with the condi meta.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Catharsis.8571

Torment?

Rework of Jug?!

Rush/Bull?!?

Healing Buffs?!?!?!

If you cared about necromancer, then this patch would not have been there. Believe what you want, perceive class balance as you want, but necromancer are almost useless now, and the worst 1 vs 1 class in the game. All my investments Annihilated. Now i must reroll.

Patch isn’t live yet…. way to overreact.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

Torment?

Rework of Jug?!

Rush/Bull?!?

Healing Buffs?!?!?!

If you cared about necromancer, then this patch would not have been there. Believe what you want, perceive class balance as you want, but necromancer are almost useless now, and the worst 1 vs 1 class in the game. All my investments Annihilated. Now i must reroll.

Translation:

I JUST got my necro maxed for the OP-ness and you did a balance patch! QQ!

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Then maybe you should pay some attention to the necromancer forum. You know, the class you effectively ruined with this patch.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

I almost responded to the Necro poster as well, but he isn’t worth our time. Let’s try to keep the focus on the Warrior changes. Necros have their own Rains of Castamere thread on their forums where they can pour their negativity.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

I almost responded to the Necro poster as well, but he isn’t worth our time. Let’s try to keep the focus on the Warrior changes. Necros have their own Rains of Castamere thread on their forums where they can pour their negativity.

Not sure exactly what that is but I’m going to go out on a limb and guess it’s some sort of WoW forums reference.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

Torment?

Rework of Jug?!

Rush/Bull?!?

Healing Buffs?!?!?!

Excuse me but are u sure other professions always use “SHAKE IT OFF!” to incoming nerfs?

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Catharsis.8571

Previously, with zero healing power on equipment and 300 from traits, a traited healing signet active was roughly equal to the hps of the passive that would have been gained while it is on cd…

With the healing signet passive buffed, will we see a buff to the active too to make it more like 16 ticks of the passive? If not there won’t be much point in actually using the active.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Previously, with zero healing power on equipment and 300 from traits, a traited healing signet active was roughly equal to the hps of the passive that would have been gained while it is on cd…

With the healing signet passive buffed, will we see a buff to the active too to make it more like 16 ticks of the passive? If not there won’t be much point in actually using the active.

Healing signet is for passive, not for active. If u want active pick up surge/mending. An improved active for signet will make it op

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Any other class complaining on the warrior forum about their own viability is just funny.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Kronosfear.7548

Kronosfear.7548

Any other class complaining on the warrior forum about their own viability is just funny.

LOOOOOL!!

“Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius.”
- Sir Edward Gibbon

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

galandor.1059

Torment?

Rework of Jug?!

Rush/Bull?!?

Healing Buffs?!?!?!

Translation:

Must be a bad necromancer if he thinks their useless.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

galandor.1059

LOOOOOL!!

this

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Jake.1430

Jake.1430

Torment?

Rework of Jug?!

Rush/Bull?!?

Healing Buffs?!?!?!

Attachments:

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

^ lol

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Awesome sounding changes. Can’t wait to dig into them!

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

Torment?

Rework of Jug?!

Rush/Bull?!?

Healing Buffs?!?!?!

Translation:

Must be a bad necromancer if he thinks their useless.

I don’t know if that’s what he’s upset about. It sounds more like he wanted some OP FotM sPvP action but failed to beef up his necro in time.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Stun reduction doesn’t even have an effect on Fear anymore, from the looks of it; I know my necro is happy about that.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

…..Finlay…… The warrior ……. has comeback ……. to PVP………..

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Oh, no, there’s still more that can be done. This looks like a good move though.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

…..Finlay…… The warrior ……. has comeback ……. to PVP………..

Not rll..weapon skills need rework

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Torment?

Rework of Jug?!

Rush/Bull?!?

Healing Buffs?!?!?!

Mmm the delicious QQ’s of overreacting flavor of the month class hoppers.

Please continue. Your tears sustain me.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

stefanplc.5234

As a warrior, I really hated those unblockable marks Necros had.